Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Interest Check - ehehehe :'D
1 2
May I ask how long you're thinking this story would be? It seems like a bit of an epic, but it'd be nice to know!
May I ask how long you're thinking this story would be? It seems like a bit of an epic, but it'd be nice to know!
Hi I just stumbled upon this can I help out?
Hi I just stumbled upon this can I help out?
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
@LegendaryManpig

If possible, even though it would be quite a stretch, ~300k words, (see if I give up)

@Oblivatrixon
Hi! You could read the story and give comments, if it's not too much trouble?
@LegendaryManpig

If possible, even though it would be quite a stretch, ~300k words, (see if I give up)

@Oblivatrixon
Hi! You could read the story and give comments, if it's not too much trouble?
banner_1.png
.camilo | .fr+15 | .they/them
͏͏ call me morgan, remix or camilo!
_wishlist. _art shop. _about me. _accent shop.
[emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=right wing size=1]
banner_1.png
Past is future and future is past.

One of the first lessons I ever learned was this:

History always repeats itself. You think you're doing someone a mercy by changing your ways, making them so different to what the creatures that lived before you.

But are you sure you're free from the monstrous grasps of the history that goes in a blind circle?

Round, round, round it goes...

Are you here to mock me?

Are you here to stare at my helpless little self as I slumber away in this sanctuary that feels more like a prison?

Are you here to talk about me?
Look, it’s the Treasure. It’s always sleeping, why, Daddy?
(The dragonets are innocent. They cannot be blamed.)

Are you here to spread lies and slander; here to tell tall tales of the fearsome monster that was once called Treasure; here to joke and smile and whisper behind my back because I cannot be and will never be awake again?

Or are you here to learn about the false stories they’ve told about me?

The problem is, my tale is a terrible one; one filled with sorrow, hurt and betrayal. It’s just my luck that they twisted it into something more; something that can’t be excused. They made me this perfect little Tundra. They made me this perfect, docile dragonet that had special needs and couldn’t see at all.

They ruined me. They made me a monster, a rampaging freak that couldn’t be stopped when they realised that I wasn’t going along with their plans. They put me to sleep, laying me down at the spot where I once escaped from. Such irony.

The hero slays; the villain gets his rightful due. But what happens if the roles are reversed?

They just didn’t realise I could hear. And see.

In some ways, they’ve made this a worse punishment that whatever they could’ve put me through by doing this - being awake but not, hearing all the taunts and laughter and cries and screams-

It’s too much. It always is, but has anyone ever asked me before? No! Of course not, because how could the Freak ever understand Dragonese?

I miss Treacle and Skiya; I miss the dragons from the days before the Sanctuary. I miss Ara; I miss the Tribe; I miss everyone that I’ve ever known.

But I’ll never see them again. See, this is the cruelest part of my punishment - I can’t age. I’m forced to watch my family die and live and die again, falling to a mere speck in Summerbrookian history.

Never to be remembered again, their names never to be said fondly.

The lies they’ve told.

The lives they’ve ruined.

All of it will come to light once I’m finished.

Rewrite of Prologue/ @LegendaryManpig @Espei
Past is future and future is past.

One of the first lessons I ever learned was this:

History always repeats itself. You think you're doing someone a mercy by changing your ways, making them so different to what the creatures that lived before you.

But are you sure you're free from the monstrous grasps of the history that goes in a blind circle?

Round, round, round it goes...

Are you here to mock me?

Are you here to stare at my helpless little self as I slumber away in this sanctuary that feels more like a prison?

Are you here to talk about me?
Look, it’s the Treasure. It’s always sleeping, why, Daddy?
(The dragonets are innocent. They cannot be blamed.)

Are you here to spread lies and slander; here to tell tall tales of the fearsome monster that was once called Treasure; here to joke and smile and whisper behind my back because I cannot be and will never be awake again?

Or are you here to learn about the false stories they’ve told about me?

The problem is, my tale is a terrible one; one filled with sorrow, hurt and betrayal. It’s just my luck that they twisted it into something more; something that can’t be excused. They made me this perfect little Tundra. They made me this perfect, docile dragonet that had special needs and couldn’t see at all.

They ruined me. They made me a monster, a rampaging freak that couldn’t be stopped when they realised that I wasn’t going along with their plans. They put me to sleep, laying me down at the spot where I once escaped from. Such irony.

The hero slays; the villain gets his rightful due. But what happens if the roles are reversed?

They just didn’t realise I could hear. And see.

In some ways, they’ve made this a worse punishment that whatever they could’ve put me through by doing this - being awake but not, hearing all the taunts and laughter and cries and screams-

It’s too much. It always is, but has anyone ever asked me before? No! Of course not, because how could the Freak ever understand Dragonese?

I miss Treacle and Skiya; I miss the dragons from the days before the Sanctuary. I miss Ara; I miss the Tribe; I miss everyone that I’ve ever known.

But I’ll never see them again. See, this is the cruelest part of my punishment - I can’t age. I’m forced to watch my family die and live and die again, falling to a mere speck in Summerbrookian history.

Never to be remembered again, their names never to be said fondly.

The lies they’ve told.

The lives they’ve ruined.

All of it will come to light once I’m finished.

Rewrite of Prologue/ @LegendaryManpig @Espei
banner_1.png
There is no formatting (sorry)
There is no formatting (sorry)
banner_1.png
Yes! An update!! I like the story a lot so far, can't wait to see what goes on next.

What does the "I'm finished" mean in the last sentence though? ^^'
Yes! An update!! I like the story a lot so far, can't wait to see what goes on next.

What does the "I'm finished" mean in the last sentence though? ^^'
fl_commission_106-_espeonstudios.png
dragons for sale!
I just read his lore and wow...can I be on the pinglist please?
I just read his lore and wow...can I be on the pinglist please?
9-F894-FCF-496-F-4-E11-86-D0-2592-AC45-F1-B0.jpg [https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=art&id=3008995
1 2