Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Holycorrupt's Art Dump
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Welgan

Hearing your wonderful comments always makes my morning :,^D (I'm FR+0)

This year I've been focusing my studies on backgrounds and props so I'm really glad its showing!! I still struggle with things like interesting compositions and perspective but I'm getting there slowly... gotta prepare for drawing 10,000 backgrounds for the comic in the future LOL...

Hands are so difficult haha... Francis' claws are always fun to draw though :^3 they always look super intimidating but then make me laugh when I draw him daintily clutching a book or tea cup with them hahaha
@Welgan

Hearing your wonderful comments always makes my morning :,^D (I'm FR+0)

This year I've been focusing my studies on backgrounds and props so I'm really glad its showing!! I still struggle with things like interesting compositions and perspective but I'm getting there slowly... gotta prepare for drawing 10,000 backgrounds for the comic in the future LOL...

Hands are so difficult haha... Francis' claws are always fun to draw though :^3 they always look super intimidating but then make me laugh when I draw him daintily clutching a book or tea cup with them hahaha
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
@tourmalinesmoke

Thank you so much!! I always worry I'm pinging everyone too much haha ^^ thank you for the kind words aaaa!!
I love Zach, I always wanted to make a character where you never really see their face throughout the whole story and once you too it's a big deal ;^) he's also older then Fran and Sam... I made them back in high-school so he's probably turning... 9 years old... omg....
@tourmalinesmoke

Thank you so much!! I always worry I'm pinging everyone too much haha ^^ thank you for the kind words aaaa!!
I love Zach, I always wanted to make a character where you never really see their face throughout the whole story and once you too it's a big deal ;^) he's also older then Fran and Sam... I made them back in high-school so he's probably turning... 9 years old... omg....
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
pleaseeee your pings are always a delight, don't worry about pinging too much!

zach... old child... i'd love to see their story, though! i'd love to read all of your work tbh, it's absolutely stunning. old OCs have a way of sticking around and having their stories grow and adapt with you; that's always been something particularly beautiful, to me.
pleaseeee your pings are always a delight, don't worry about pinging too much!

zach... old child... i'd love to see their story, though! i'd love to read all of your work tbh, it's absolutely stunning. old OCs have a way of sticking around and having their stories grow and adapt with you; that's always been something particularly beautiful, to me.
shadowmidsmall.png
tumblr_inline_oopzuzQZkV1u5ynwc_540.png__they / them ; fr + 3__tumblr_inline_oopzuzQZkV1u5ynwc_540.png
@tourmalinesmoke

Aw that's good to hear ;w;
Yeah he's been with me for a long time now wow... his story is still basicly the same as back then being a revolutionary leader against a dystopian ruler, hence the disguise haha, Lewis is a robotics engineer and the son of said corrupt ruler :^P the revolutionary party end up accidently taking him prisoner but Lewis is like "uhhh actually I'm in your side btw"

I might dig through my old art sometime and see if I still have their first ever drawings B^)

I've had Sam and Francis for 3 years now comparatively but they have taken over my whole life and since their story is "shorter" (still probably going to end up being a 700 page comic...omg....) I've pushed my other big projects to the back burner a bit for them.
@tourmalinesmoke

Aw that's good to hear ;w;
Yeah he's been with me for a long time now wow... his story is still basicly the same as back then being a revolutionary leader against a dystopian ruler, hence the disguise haha, Lewis is a robotics engineer and the son of said corrupt ruler :^P the revolutionary party end up accidently taking him prisoner but Lewis is like "uhhh actually I'm in your side btw"

I might dig through my old art sometime and see if I still have their first ever drawings B^)

I've had Sam and Francis for 3 years now comparatively but they have taken over my whole life and since their story is "shorter" (still probably going to end up being a 700 page comic...omg....) I've pushed my other big projects to the back burner a bit for them.
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
Pinglist: @Hearthdragons , @Welgan , @tourmalinesmoke , @greyyourwarden Posting something a little diffrent :^D I was inspired to dig through my old artwork so see if I could find the first ever pictures of a couple oc's I feel like my current style is a lot more loose and sketchy looking compared to old stuff and I like it that way because its soooo much faster...and I know if I'm going to be doing comics in the future I need to be prepared to draw a lot and quickly haha ... old style used to take me hours to do a single bust I couldn't find the oldest drawing I have of Zach (it would have been like 2013-2014~) so one from 2017 will do I suppose lol [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/ac75d479076c0b9f6cfdba148f24ed60/c6604def9c9344db-de/s2048x3072/682e9a59fe661f52fd5b658fbf9feeb11b2dc803.jpg[/img] First ever drawing of Francis ;w; before he even had his name... his birthday is October 17th and this was 2018 you know he hasn't changed [i]too[/i] much looks wise but his personality and character development totally has [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8cf4e75e1c231338417d7fb3a0635d6b/c6604def9c9344db-f5/s2048x3072/ecb431b285c79dab67669f26966626bfc615798d.jpg[/img] SAM!!! Pretty much the same looks wise too...lol OK so his birthday if I was using the same method of giving it to the day I created him would have been like October 20th but that's way to close to Francis so...even though he's the actual main character of MTE still doesn't have one....ahaha... the story takes place over like 2 years and I have yet to find a spot to put his birthday in... lol... he's probably a summer child tbh he has that vibe I feel. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/df7d07dc9077dff4dea34dd6d8ee2196/c6604def9c9344db-99/s2048x3072/2a8280c3179d72a07b3362366cb408469425affc.jpg[/img] Annnd here's a Gouche painting of the first time I drew them in the same picture 2018 I didn't really draw a lot during this period ^^; [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/1b1b6241ec1114849a22a206a5e27d02/c6604def9c9344db-fa/s2048x3072/730a0e6de15a8b5a16b70552123a314176c8bc4b.jpg[/img] And I'm going to leave with a fun fact. Most of my characters get made after I obsess over a song for a couple days and day dream about a character or idea to said song... lol... So here's some songs I personified them from... haha Zach: Light Up The Night by The Protomen Currently... The Hounds by The Protomen (^ and the old song too LOL) Francis: Pools by Glass Animals Currently.... President Heartbeat by Everything Everything Sam: Good Shot, Good Soldier by Everything Everything Currently.... the same tbh HAHA but here's a couple other songs Jackrabbit By San Fermin South By Hippo Campus And there is 100 other songs I relate to Sam and Fran but those ones I feel give a good character snap shot of them
Pinglist: @Hearthdragons , @Welgan , @tourmalinesmoke , @greyyourwarden

Posting something a little diffrent :^D I was inspired to dig through my old artwork so see if I could find the first ever pictures of a couple oc's

I feel like my current style is a lot more loose and sketchy looking compared to old stuff and I like it that way because its soooo much faster...and I know if I'm going to be doing comics in the future I need to be prepared to draw a lot and quickly haha ... old style used to take me hours to do a single bust

I couldn't find the oldest drawing I have of Zach (it would have been like 2013-2014~) so one from 2017 will do I suppose lol
682e9a59fe661f52fd5b658fbf9feeb11b2dc803.jpg

First ever drawing of Francis ;w; before he even had his name... his birthday is October 17th and this was 2018 you know he hasn't changed too much looks wise but his personality and character development totally has
ecb431b285c79dab67669f26966626bfc615798d.jpg

SAM!!! Pretty much the same looks wise too...lol

OK so his birthday if I was using the same method of giving it to the day I created him would have been like October 20th but that's way to close to Francis so...even though he's the actual main character of MTE still doesn't have one....ahaha... the story takes place over like 2 years and I have yet to find a spot to put his birthday in... lol... he's probably a summer child tbh he has that vibe I feel.
2a8280c3179d72a07b3362366cb408469425affc.jpg

Annnd here's a Gouche painting of the first time I drew them in the same picture 2018 I didn't really draw a lot during this period ^^;
730a0e6de15a8b5a16b70552123a314176c8bc4b.jpg

And I'm going to leave with a fun fact. Most of my characters get made after I obsess over a song for a couple days and day dream about a character or idea to said song... lol...

So here's some songs I personified them from... haha

Zach: Light Up The Night by The Protomen
Currently... The Hounds by The Protomen (^ and the old song too LOL)

Francis: Pools by Glass Animals
Currently.... President Heartbeat by Everything Everything

Sam: Good Shot, Good Soldier by Everything Everything
Currently.... the same tbh HAHA but here's a couple other songs
Jackrabbit By San Fermin
South By Hippo Campus

And there is 100 other songs I relate to Sam and Fran but those ones I feel give a good character snap shot of them
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
@Holycorrupt
Faster is good indeed ! when drawing a comic you can't spend hours on each panel ... and I'm confident you'll end up reaching the pretty finish touch you may feel you lost as you became faster, because now you're faster, your art will improve in finish and precision while still being fast c:

Also I really love the way you colored them, it's so lively and colorful (the shine on the armor ? The bright, vivid leaves ? I want to go in that forest !) ! I especially love Francis' hair c: they look dark, but the rich green hues give them so much more flavor than pitch black
@Holycorrupt
Faster is good indeed ! when drawing a comic you can't spend hours on each panel ... and I'm confident you'll end up reaching the pretty finish touch you may feel you lost as you became faster, because now you're faster, your art will improve in finish and precision while still being fast c:

Also I really love the way you colored them, it's so lively and colorful (the shine on the armor ? The bright, vivid leaves ? I want to go in that forest !) ! I especially love Francis' hair c: they look dark, but the rich green hues give them so much more flavor than pitch black
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
@Welgan

Thank you!!
Yeah I had the realization I had to get better at my speed when the story started getting longer in my head and knowing that when I do want to start posting pages online I'd really like my updates to be 2-4 times weekly to keep the story going forward and keep readers engaged.

Getting faster has been rewarding though, I have a lot easier time translating what's in my head to paper now. I've been thinking of bringing out my copics again to color some linework but the pens I currently use smudge with any marker ink or water >>

Francis has fun hair, its got an iridescent shimmer too it so it looks really dark black in low lighting but vibrant green in sunlight. ;v; For ease of inkwork I tend to just color it all black though haha.

I'm still at a point where I really want the comic to be in color. (Traditional linework/ Digital Color) Even if its a lot of work :,^D The first picture on this tread is a good example of the "Dream" look

@Welgan

Thank you!!
Yeah I had the realization I had to get better at my speed when the story started getting longer in my head and knowing that when I do want to start posting pages online I'd really like my updates to be 2-4 times weekly to keep the story going forward and keep readers engaged.

Getting faster has been rewarding though, I have a lot easier time translating what's in my head to paper now. I've been thinking of bringing out my copics again to color some linework but the pens I currently use smudge with any marker ink or water >>

Francis has fun hair, its got an iridescent shimmer too it so it looks really dark black in low lighting but vibrant green in sunlight. ;v; For ease of inkwork I tend to just color it all black though haha.

I'm still at a point where I really want the comic to be in color. (Traditional linework/ Digital Color) Even if its a lot of work :,^D The first picture on this tread is a good example of the "Dream" look

Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
Pinglist: @Hearthdragons , @Welgan , @tourmalinesmoke , @greyyourwarden Hello!! Man FR is adding a bunch of cool things @w@ I've been spending my time coli grinding for the fest and now there is another event coming up so quickly again! Artwise I've mostly been doing anatomy studies that I can't really post here :^p Soo have a babe Fran, he's about 6 here? I'm still not great at drawing children ^^ (and this is an older piece lol) Blessed children are albino and lack melanin, and start to gain the proper pigments during puberty (Based off birds having district colorations depending on age >w> [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/59d2d07b503472b702f296a11847b24e/3ee3625ae36f2aeb-9f/s540x810/2db3db97bbbbe8a4fc6bb1a2430c210264d14847.png[/img] Here's two pages from my last sketchbook with some notes on Sam and Francis (mind my spelling/chicken scratch) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/90edd091acbfb6ee8621d8403c09f7cc/380305defc1a0e31-00/s2048x3072/5397f64e462eba8d20301393e401c551c36891f8.jpg[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/576c298078cf91e8422ef7995369b033/2cd285ca71433ee2-33/s640x960/7953aa00c3c3051d826526679d887392b7b26c04.jpg[/img] A wee Sam ready to start his adventure in the woods :^3 [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/fb50a3956a5081f81a4c4635279e0e90/380305defc1a0e31-3e/s2048x3072/82d9a49f3b43844f2069ba64e2af744c88c09baf.jpg[/img] AND LOOK,,, I drew a dragon :^0 It's my boy Crow again although I kinda gave up giving him opal half way through lol...thinking about giving this a digital paint job so I'll fix it then [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/98c12e682ea51e664a530829e355676a/380305defc1a0e31-c6/s2048x3072/ee3ca700fdaf910def29e1d698578b662a8d954a.jpg[/img]
Pinglist: @Hearthdragons , @Welgan , @tourmalinesmoke , @greyyourwarden

Hello!! Man FR is adding a bunch of cool things @w@ I've been spending my time coli grinding for the fest and now there is another event coming up so quickly again!
Artwise I've mostly been doing anatomy studies that I can't really post here :^p

Soo have a babe Fran, he's about 6 here? I'm still not great at drawing children ^^ (and this is an older piece lol) Blessed children are albino and lack melanin, and start to gain the proper pigments during puberty (Based off birds having district colorations depending on age >w>
2db3db97bbbbe8a4fc6bb1a2430c210264d14847.png

Here's two pages from my last sketchbook with some notes on Sam and Francis (mind my spelling/chicken scratch)
5397f64e462eba8d20301393e401c551c36891f8.jpg
7953aa00c3c3051d826526679d887392b7b26c04.jpg

A wee Sam ready to start his adventure in the woods :^3
82d9a49f3b43844f2069ba64e2af744c88c09baf.jpg

AND LOOK,,, I drew a dragon :^0 It's my boy Crow again although I kinda gave up giving him opal half way through lol...thinking about giving this a digital paint job so I'll fix it then
ee3ca700fdaf910def29e1d698578b662a8d954a.jpg
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
@Holycorrupt

Aaaaa quality art as always !

I love how soft children Francis' wings look <3

(also your imperial looks amazing, I'm starting to notice some kind of eye fascination in you, hum ? :p jokes aside, great multigaze !)
@Holycorrupt

Aaaaa quality art as always !

I love how soft children Francis' wings look <3

(also your imperial looks amazing, I'm starting to notice some kind of eye fascination in you, hum ? :p jokes aside, great multigaze !)
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
@welgan

What can I say I love eyes :^D and the multigaze special eye type is my favorite on here, if it wasn't so expensive all my dragons would have it

Thank you!! I should make an updated age chart for Francis...
@welgan

What can I say I love eyes :^D and the multigaze special eye type is my favorite on here, if it wasn't so expensive all my dragons would have it

Thank you!! I should make an updated age chart for Francis...
Check out my Art Thread
FR+0 They/Them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8