Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Oasis Clan
[center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/x9kKPut.jpg[/img][/center] [b][please do not post anything here, if you have comments about this thread please private message me or write it on my clan page, thanks!][/b] It was a saving grace for a clan so small. A clan so hopeless, following their guardian leaders from their old home. But finally the trip payed off, as the guardian charge instinct led them to the Oasis. The Oasis refers to the largest of 3 oasies. Where the clan make their home in the ruins of an old society. Simply referred to as the Oasis Kingdom. Which, if the stories are true, is one of the first dragon clans ever created. Once consisting primarily of ancients. There are many stories to tell in this clan, stories of woe, stories of great reunions and even tales of overcoming villains. A clan rich with history and paranormal creatures who mostly hail from the Oasis depths. Dare traverse the story of Oasis clan? If so, continue. If you wish to get involved with the lineage, or have a dragon related to Surge and Windguide you want recognised, [url = https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2982497#post_2982497]Click here[/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/FrlQtoJ.png[/img]
x9kKPut.jpg

[please do not post anything here, if you have comments about this thread please private message me or write it on my clan page, thanks!]

It was a saving grace for a clan so small. A clan so hopeless, following their guardian leaders from their old home. But finally the trip payed off, as the guardian charge instinct led them to the Oasis.

The Oasis refers to the largest of 3 oasies. Where the clan make their home in the ruins of an old society. Simply referred to as the Oasis Kingdom. Which, if the stories are true, is one of the first dragon clans ever created. Once consisting primarily of ancients.

There are many stories to tell in this clan, stories of woe, stories of great reunions and even tales of overcoming villains. A clan rich with history and paranormal creatures who mostly hail from the Oasis depths.

Dare traverse the story of Oasis clan? If so, continue.

If you wish to get involved with the lineage, or have a dragon related to Surge and Windguide you want recognised, Click here

FrlQtoJ.png
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Map of home goes here [center] [size = 5]Group Leaders [/size] [size=4]Chronicling and story-telling[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50157793 ][img]https://i.imgur.com/8u6R15q.png[/img][/url] [size=4]Hunting/Search and Rescue[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62075069][img]https://i.imgur.com/5obpjiq.png[/img][/url] [size=4]Childcare[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61967236][img]https://i.imgur.com/kxUwVAN.png[/img][/url] [size=4]Healing[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62505528][img]https://i.imgur.com/v4bnEg1.png[/img][/url] [size=4]Guards and warfare[/size] [url = https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/15648023][img]https://i.imgur.com/rIH4MMg.png[/img][/url] [size=2](All pictures were drawn by and belong to me. God my hand hurts ;-;)[/size]
Map of home goes here

Group Leaders

Chronicling and story-telling

8u6R15q.png

Hunting/Search and Rescue

5obpjiq.png

Childcare

kxUwVAN.png

Healing

v4bnEg1.png

Guards and warfare

rIH4MMg.png

(All pictures were drawn by and belong to me. God my hand hurts ;-;)
Celebrations
Oasis day

The day that the clan stepped foot in Oasis, their home. It is celebrated with a day of remembrance and a strong focus on history. The bond between water and earth is strengthened and the Oasis’s water is filtered clean with nets. Flowers and cleansing herbs are thrown into the water to honour the oasis itself.

During this day many stories are told, including those found in the remains of Oasis kingdom. Usually told by the local monsters who live in the oasis.
Exaltion day

A celebration that happens around once a month where the trainees from cabaleta’s training course as well as willing oasis clan members are exalted, honourably sent to work for their chosen deity. They are given a merry feast and a musical send off. As of the third year in Oasis clan the members sent off are given a wooden bead necklace to take with them, painted brown and blue. In the centre bead the symbol of Oasis clan is engraved.
Oasis call

A weekend when inexplicably it rains in shattered plains, at-least around the Oasis territory. Always occurring during the time of WaveCrest saturnalia. During this time the clan adopts a more water-clan-esq vibe, the kids of Oasis clan are taught to swim properly during this time as well. Given lessons in the now wider and deeper Oasis.

Many fun water games are played during this, including dropping large rings into the water for the children to find. It is lead mainly by Ula the skydancer, who is bound to the Oasis.
Skywing thunder

The day when appropriately aged dragons take to the sky for the first time. Named thunder due to the immense sound of many wingbeats. During this time many coloured lights are set up, lighting up Oasis clan well into the night. Ensuring the fliers don’t knock into walls.

The kids are allowed to fly well into the next day, but by the next night their regular curfew is enforced.
MoonHowl

During this night the creatures that live in the shattered plains howl, setting the scene for drunk dragons to join in with them.

A night and party strictly for the adults, taking place around a smaller distant oasis. Those who dare go are treated to a night of activities, including getting drunk, charades, sandcastle building and painting rocks.

Everyone is also wearing wolf masks, this relates to where the event started and got its namesake. One night the beasts that usually howl around the oasis at night suddenly became incessant and it kept the adults awake. The adults, all unable to sleep, went to a distant oasis for some peace and quiet. With no sleep coming, they resulted to getting tipsy and thus had a goofy night of laughter. To this day that particular oasis is tinted with all manner of alcohol and the potent smell of wine. It can get someone drunk just being near it.

The kids during MoonHowl are guarded by either adults who don’t care to attend or unlucky dragons. Either are given something in return for missing out on one year’s event. Such as extra food or a day off.
Traditions
  • In the event of death, if their eyes are not closed, a soul will be trapped. Feeling their decay for numerous years to come. Some believe the pain never ends for those trapped, while others believe that once the corpse rots away entirely, the soul will be free.
  • Due to the fact above, it is seen as curteous to close a corpse's eyes. Even clan enemies tend to have their eyes closed, as they may come back to haunt the clan. This extends to any dead strangers an Oasis member sees.
  • All imperial gravesites, even those of strangers who died in the vast desert hiding Oasis, must be marked. Though usually the clan prefers to bury them as far away as possible.
  • The afterlife differs for every flight. Which one you go to depends on what deity you truthfully worshipped most. Earth's afterlife, for example, is much like the shattered plain but vastly extended. It is also covered in mountains. Here clans reunite and all members talk of the past and present, sharing their numerous stories.
Celebrations
Oasis day

The day that the clan stepped foot in Oasis, their home. It is celebrated with a day of remembrance and a strong focus on history. The bond between water and earth is strengthened and the Oasis’s water is filtered clean with nets. Flowers and cleansing herbs are thrown into the water to honour the oasis itself.

During this day many stories are told, including those found in the remains of Oasis kingdom. Usually told by the local monsters who live in the oasis.
Exaltion day

A celebration that happens around once a month where the trainees from cabaleta’s training course as well as willing oasis clan members are exalted, honourably sent to work for their chosen deity. They are given a merry feast and a musical send off. As of the third year in Oasis clan the members sent off are given a wooden bead necklace to take with them, painted brown and blue. In the centre bead the symbol of Oasis clan is engraved.
Oasis call

A weekend when inexplicably it rains in shattered plains, at-least around the Oasis territory. Always occurring during the time of WaveCrest saturnalia. During this time the clan adopts a more water-clan-esq vibe, the kids of Oasis clan are taught to swim properly during this time as well. Given lessons in the now wider and deeper Oasis.

Many fun water games are played during this, including dropping large rings into the water for the children to find. It is lead mainly by Ula the skydancer, who is bound to the Oasis.
Skywing thunder

The day when appropriately aged dragons take to the sky for the first time. Named thunder due to the immense sound of many wingbeats. During this time many coloured lights are set up, lighting up Oasis clan well into the night. Ensuring the fliers don’t knock into walls.

The kids are allowed to fly well into the next day, but by the next night their regular curfew is enforced.
MoonHowl

During this night the creatures that live in the shattered plains howl, setting the scene for drunk dragons to join in with them.

A night and party strictly for the adults, taking place around a smaller distant oasis. Those who dare go are treated to a night of activities, including getting drunk, charades, sandcastle building and painting rocks.

Everyone is also wearing wolf masks, this relates to where the event started and got its namesake. One night the beasts that usually howl around the oasis at night suddenly became incessant and it kept the adults awake. The adults, all unable to sleep, went to a distant oasis for some peace and quiet. With no sleep coming, they resulted to getting tipsy and thus had a goofy night of laughter. To this day that particular oasis is tinted with all manner of alcohol and the potent smell of wine. It can get someone drunk just being near it.

The kids during MoonHowl are guarded by either adults who don’t care to attend or unlucky dragons. Either are given something in return for missing out on one year’s event. Such as extra food or a day off.
Traditions
  • In the event of death, if their eyes are not closed, a soul will be trapped. Feeling their decay for numerous years to come. Some believe the pain never ends for those trapped, while others believe that once the corpse rots away entirely, the soul will be free.
  • Due to the fact above, it is seen as curteous to close a corpse's eyes. Even clan enemies tend to have their eyes closed, as they may come back to haunt the clan. This extends to any dead strangers an Oasis member sees.
  • All imperial gravesites, even those of strangers who died in the vast desert hiding Oasis, must be marked. Though usually the clan prefers to bury them as far away as possible.
  • The afterlife differs for every flight. Which one you go to depends on what deity you truthfully worshipped most. Earth's afterlife, for example, is much like the shattered plain but vastly extended. It is also covered in mountains. Here clans reunite and all members talk of the past and present, sharing their numerous stories.
Immovable

Jay walked along the silent path, the air was tense and filled with a dreading silence. He knew where she would be after such an altercation.

He reached the top, out of breath but determined to help. There the guardian sat, her purple-grey scales and yellow wings bathed in a vast yellow sunset. Jay took a moment to savour the sunlight which was skewed by the storm clouds rolling in.

He sighed, taking in the humid air as he approached. She weakly turned her head to the noise, meeting jay’s gaze. She looked like an utter mess, probably felt like it too.

Jay went to say something, but realised Mountainwing didn’t want to hear words. They were useless right now, its what he did that mattered. With that he consciously clamped his mouth shut and simply sat beside her. It didn’t take long for Mountainwing to burst back into tears, jay pulled her close, placing his head over hers and his wings hugged her.

“Why don’t they love me?” she muttered softly, a question that didn’t expect an answer. Jay managed to reel back his urge to speak and let her vent, responding to her in his head.
‘I cant say if they love you or not.. but i know that..’ he audibly sighed, hugging her closer.
‘..i’ll never be your father by blood, Mountain, but i love you no less than if you were my own. That will never change.’
Immovable

Jay walked along the silent path, the air was tense and filled with a dreading silence. He knew where she would be after such an altercation.

He reached the top, out of breath but determined to help. There the guardian sat, her purple-grey scales and yellow wings bathed in a vast yellow sunset. Jay took a moment to savour the sunlight which was skewed by the storm clouds rolling in.

He sighed, taking in the humid air as he approached. She weakly turned her head to the noise, meeting jay’s gaze. She looked like an utter mess, probably felt like it too.

Jay went to say something, but realised Mountainwing didn’t want to hear words. They were useless right now, its what he did that mattered. With that he consciously clamped his mouth shut and simply sat beside her. It didn’t take long for Mountainwing to burst back into tears, jay pulled her close, placing his head over hers and his wings hugged her.

“Why don’t they love me?” she muttered softly, a question that didn’t expect an answer. Jay managed to reel back his urge to speak and let her vent, responding to her in his head.
‘I cant say if they love you or not.. but i know that..’ he audibly sighed, hugging her closer.
‘..i’ll never be your father by blood, Mountain, but i love you no less than if you were my own. That will never change.’
Just incase
Just incase
Small stories

Echoes rumble and reverberate, shifting the air and cracking apart earth. Something groans in the deep…

“Nope.” lewa went to flee, but cyriss, without moving his head, whipped his tail out and curled it around the fae’s arm, tugging him back. Momentarily it knocked lewa’s hood off, he panicked at the feeling of the sun directly on him and struggled to pull it on again.
“I’m not a guard! This- this is your job!”
“I’m going to need a witness” cyriss said, adjusting lewa’s hood.
“I’ve witnessed all i need to” lewa said, trying to pry the pearlcatcher’s tail from his arm. Cyriss began to approach the strange crack, much to lewa’s dismay.

“Nononono! I am not dying here! NOT with you!”
“we need to know what is causing these cracks.”
“can we.. like bait it? Watch it from a distance?..” there was another groan from beneath the earth, causing lewa to scream and cover his face reflexively. Cyriss did jerk back, but then walked closer once more. He stared into the darkness, deep in thought. If only he could focus deep enough to block lewa’s voice…

He sighed and turned, sick of lewa’s rambling. He loosened his grip on the fae.
“Alright, go back to the Oasis and bring reinforcements. Specifically, tell cabaleta” the fae, surprisingly, didn’t rush off as cyriss’s tail slid off him
“Y-you’re staying here? With.. that thing?!”
“It’s either i go or you go” cyriss said with a small, sarcastic smile.
“Come with me”
“No, that thing could spread without supervision” lewa groaned in anguish, there was a very thin line between stupid and brave, unfortunately many of his clan mates crossed that line.
“Fine, but just, stand further away” cyriss walked forward a few steps
“Better?” lewa huffed
“Better… just don’t go any closer to it!” with that he fled, looking nervously back to make sure cyriss stayed away. The fool, of course, moved back closer to the crack, inspecting it.

Lewa determinedly rushed back to the Oasis, certain that at any moment, cyriss could become the next missing dragon.

——-

“Claywing!-“ she turned to the flurried hustle of claws against rock, her oldest sister barreled over, stopping just short to catch her breath.
“Don’t.. please.”
“Don’t go.. you can’t make it. I know she’s cruel, i know the thought of what power we could possess is inspiring! but you do not understand. The shade is not on our side-“
“I dont want to be on its’ side. I use it like it used our kin. I turned it into a tool. You know, like we are supposed to!”
“You won’t be able to hold it at bay, Claywing. Please, Earthshaker is out there helping us. The deities, they know what they’re doing!” Claywing gazed upon Mountainwing’s exhausted form with a cold glare much like her mother’s. As the tensity became palpable, Claywing smirked.

“The deities don’t care about us. Not Earthshaker, not tidelord, no one. We should not rely on them, or anyone, to save us. We have the power to control the shade, we can bend it to our will if we just train hard enough. Together, we could be the new deities. The guardians of dragonkind!” Mountainwing shook her head in frustration.
“This is no way to go about it. I can’t let you make this mistake. I won’t let you end up like sunshade or icewing.”
“You can’t stop me.”
“I can and will.” to Claywing’s surprise, shade aura began to seep from under Mountainwing’s front paws. Claywing then, reflexively, drew her wings back before quickly flapping them forward, sending a rolling tide of shadows crashing into Mountainwing who was knocked onto her back. Causing Mountainwing to cough up a couple plumes of shade, like smoke from a chimney.

She turned to look at Claywing, shade slowly dissipating from the resistant guardian’s chest and shoulders. Claywing felt remorse for her actions, thankful it hadn’t been done on someone not from her family line.

She snapped out of her shock and quickly made her way into the sky, turning to address Mountainwing, who was still stunned by the display.

“When the deities are dust, and you and I stand alone over this plane... you will finally understand.” with that Claywing flew away. Mountainwing pulled herself up as she heard her daughter’s voice.
“Mum! Are you okay?!”
“I’ll be fine, Kyra. I need you to go back to your fathers, i must see grandma and grandpa” kyra nodded, hoping somehow that what she had secretly witnessed was just a huge misunderstanding.
Small stories

Echoes rumble and reverberate, shifting the air and cracking apart earth. Something groans in the deep…

“Nope.” lewa went to flee, but cyriss, without moving his head, whipped his tail out and curled it around the fae’s arm, tugging him back. Momentarily it knocked lewa’s hood off, he panicked at the feeling of the sun directly on him and struggled to pull it on again.
“I’m not a guard! This- this is your job!”
“I’m going to need a witness” cyriss said, adjusting lewa’s hood.
“I’ve witnessed all i need to” lewa said, trying to pry the pearlcatcher’s tail from his arm. Cyriss began to approach the strange crack, much to lewa’s dismay.

“Nononono! I am not dying here! NOT with you!”
“we need to know what is causing these cracks.”
“can we.. like bait it? Watch it from a distance?..” there was another groan from beneath the earth, causing lewa to scream and cover his face reflexively. Cyriss did jerk back, but then walked closer once more. He stared into the darkness, deep in thought. If only he could focus deep enough to block lewa’s voice…

He sighed and turned, sick of lewa’s rambling. He loosened his grip on the fae.
“Alright, go back to the Oasis and bring reinforcements. Specifically, tell cabaleta” the fae, surprisingly, didn’t rush off as cyriss’s tail slid off him
“Y-you’re staying here? With.. that thing?!”
“It’s either i go or you go” cyriss said with a small, sarcastic smile.
“Come with me”
“No, that thing could spread without supervision” lewa groaned in anguish, there was a very thin line between stupid and brave, unfortunately many of his clan mates crossed that line.
“Fine, but just, stand further away” cyriss walked forward a few steps
“Better?” lewa huffed
“Better… just don’t go any closer to it!” with that he fled, looking nervously back to make sure cyriss stayed away. The fool, of course, moved back closer to the crack, inspecting it.

Lewa determinedly rushed back to the Oasis, certain that at any moment, cyriss could become the next missing dragon.

——-

“Claywing!-“ she turned to the flurried hustle of claws against rock, her oldest sister barreled over, stopping just short to catch her breath.
“Don’t.. please.”
“Don’t go.. you can’t make it. I know she’s cruel, i know the thought of what power we could possess is inspiring! but you do not understand. The shade is not on our side-“
“I dont want to be on its’ side. I use it like it used our kin. I turned it into a tool. You know, like we are supposed to!”
“You won’t be able to hold it at bay, Claywing. Please, Earthshaker is out there helping us. The deities, they know what they’re doing!” Claywing gazed upon Mountainwing’s exhausted form with a cold glare much like her mother’s. As the tensity became palpable, Claywing smirked.

“The deities don’t care about us. Not Earthshaker, not tidelord, no one. We should not rely on them, or anyone, to save us. We have the power to control the shade, we can bend it to our will if we just train hard enough. Together, we could be the new deities. The guardians of dragonkind!” Mountainwing shook her head in frustration.
“This is no way to go about it. I can’t let you make this mistake. I won’t let you end up like sunshade or icewing.”
“You can’t stop me.”
“I can and will.” to Claywing’s surprise, shade aura began to seep from under Mountainwing’s front paws. Claywing then, reflexively, drew her wings back before quickly flapping them forward, sending a rolling tide of shadows crashing into Mountainwing who was knocked onto her back. Causing Mountainwing to cough up a couple plumes of shade, like smoke from a chimney.

She turned to look at Claywing, shade slowly dissipating from the resistant guardian’s chest and shoulders. Claywing felt remorse for her actions, thankful it hadn’t been done on someone not from her family line.

She snapped out of her shock and quickly made her way into the sky, turning to address Mountainwing, who was still stunned by the display.

“When the deities are dust, and you and I stand alone over this plane... you will finally understand.” with that Claywing flew away. Mountainwing pulled herself up as she heard her daughter’s voice.
“Mum! Are you okay?!”
“I’ll be fine, Kyra. I need you to go back to your fathers, i must see grandma and grandpa” kyra nodded, hoping somehow that what she had secretly witnessed was just a huge misunderstanding.
Monster stories go here
Monster stories go here