Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Applyfic-ish- Using Up Water & Mercenary
Hi!
First off, props to xSTORMDRAGONx for the amazing idea! Make sure to check out her threads about Hunter, a story she's writing with collaborations for characters! I'm going to do something similar.
The first piece of writing is Using Up Water, which focuses on thoughts deep within one's consciousness, and is nonfiction. If you have any interesting thoughts or ideas, feel free to put them here!
My second, Mercenary, is a fiction story, a fantasy adventure with plenty of dethroning, war, and generally gory pain. Be prepared for suggestive/inappropriate content.
For Using Up Water, add thoughts, quotes, and ideas!
For Mercenary, feel free to add characters, creature ideas, or item/setting ideas!
Remember, Using Up Water is a reflection on life, not a realistic creation or infographic on jumping spiders. Mercenary is a deep-fantasy medieval romance, so no iPads or numerics in names or whatnot, please (Unless it's explainable by their backstory).
Q & A:
What is an applyfic?
*In a thread* An applyfic is a roleplay writing story. However, neither of these are traditional applyfics. Using Up Water is an applyfic in thought form, I suppose, and Mercenary is an applyfic with characters, creatures, items, settings, you name it!
*In real life* Ask xSTORMDRAGONx. But these aren't. They're other things too. And stuff. Now let me write. MACBOOK. MACBOOOOOKKKKKKK.
Are you open to LGBTQIA+ content?
*In a thread* Yes, definitely!
*In real life* Oh, please, y'all, I'm transgender-genderfluid, pansexual, polyamorous, allied (for life), and...me. Kind of hard not to be open to LGBTQIA+ when you're openly LGBTQIA+.
Is there a maximum amount of creations?
*In either* Of course not! However, if you find yourself creating so many characters that your mind is reeling from them, I recommend finding an outlet of your own, like painting or writing, that allows you to be as creative as you want!
Below are templates to copy-and-paste into a reply:
Using Up Water template:
CLOSED
IT NEVER EXISTED
Mercenary templates:
Note: All appearance categories may be written as well as shown.
Character template:
  • Name:
  • Nickname (optional):
  • Preferred Pronouns:
  • Appearance:
  • Favorite Color:
  • Preferred Weapon(s)(up to 3):
  • Fighting Style (How they fight, their opinion on fighting):
  • Ideals:
  • Familiar/Pet:
  • Home, Living Status:
Creature template:
  • Name of species:
  • Appearance:
  • Rarity:
  • Abilities (up to 3, optional):
  • Alignment:
  • Subspecies (if applicable):
  • Real-world "lookalikes":
  • Realm (where they live):
  • Inspiration (optional):
  • Example (optional):
Item template:
  • Name:
  • Use:
  • Abilities:
  • Rarity:
  • Appearance:
Setting template:
  • Name:
  • Used as (e.g. meeting place, tourist attraction):
  • Appearance:
Mercenary:
Made by users:
Baxter Atkins - character - xSTORMDRAGONx
Cedon Taros - character - vulpinedergwolf
Danteve Enolarvos - character - LowkeyLaufeysson
Made by writer:
Ness Warsong - character
Rook Ashtaster - character
Blighthound - creature
Using Up Water:
OFFICIALLY CLOSED...not actually a good idea...
Hi!
First off, props to xSTORMDRAGONx for the amazing idea! Make sure to check out her threads about Hunter, a story she's writing with collaborations for characters! I'm going to do something similar.
The first piece of writing is Using Up Water, which focuses on thoughts deep within one's consciousness, and is nonfiction. If you have any interesting thoughts or ideas, feel free to put them here!
My second, Mercenary, is a fiction story, a fantasy adventure with plenty of dethroning, war, and generally gory pain. Be prepared for suggestive/inappropriate content.
For Using Up Water, add thoughts, quotes, and ideas!
For Mercenary, feel free to add characters, creature ideas, or item/setting ideas!
Remember, Using Up Water is a reflection on life, not a realistic creation or infographic on jumping spiders. Mercenary is a deep-fantasy medieval romance, so no iPads or numerics in names or whatnot, please (Unless it's explainable by their backstory).
Q & A:
What is an applyfic?
*In a thread* An applyfic is a roleplay writing story. However, neither of these are traditional applyfics. Using Up Water is an applyfic in thought form, I suppose, and Mercenary is an applyfic with characters, creatures, items, settings, you name it!
*In real life* Ask xSTORMDRAGONx. But these aren't. They're other things too. And stuff. Now let me write. MACBOOK. MACBOOOOOKKKKKKK.
Are you open to LGBTQIA+ content?
*In a thread* Yes, definitely!
*In real life* Oh, please, y'all, I'm transgender-genderfluid, pansexual, polyamorous, allied (for life), and...me. Kind of hard not to be open to LGBTQIA+ when you're openly LGBTQIA+.
Is there a maximum amount of creations?
*In either* Of course not! However, if you find yourself creating so many characters that your mind is reeling from them, I recommend finding an outlet of your own, like painting or writing, that allows you to be as creative as you want!
Below are templates to copy-and-paste into a reply:
Using Up Water template:
CLOSED
IT NEVER EXISTED
Mercenary templates:
Note: All appearance categories may be written as well as shown.
Character template:
  • Name:
  • Nickname (optional):
  • Preferred Pronouns:
  • Appearance:
  • Favorite Color:
  • Ideals:
  • Familiar/Pet:
  • Home, Living Status:
Creature template:
  • Name of species:
  • Appearance:
  • Rarity:
  • Abilities (up to 3, optional):
  • Alignment:
  • Subspecies (if applicable):
  • Real-world "lookalikes":
  • Realm (where they live):
  • Inspiration (optional):
  • Example (optional):
Item template:
  • Name:
  • Use:
  • Abilities:
  • Rarity:
  • Appearance:
Setting template:
  • Name:
  • Used as (e.g. meeting place, tourist attraction):
  • Appearance:
Mercenary:
Made by users:
Baxter Atkins - character - xSTORMDRAGONx
Cedon Taros - character - vulpinedergwolf
Danteve Enolarvos - character - LowkeyLaufeysson
Made by writer:
Ness Warsong - character
Rook Ashtaster - character
Blighthound - creature
Using Up Water:
OFFICIALLY CLOSED...not actually a good idea...
TD98mt2.png
@HeyitsRae I'll make some more characters/settings/creatures later, just wanted to throw this one in to start. I like your ideas, and can't wait to see your writing!
  • Name: Baxter Atkins
  • Nickname: Bax
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
  • Sexuality: Pansexual
  • Occupation: Officially, he's a sword for hire but will do any work to earn his keep so long as it's honest.
  • Personality: Baxter is surprisingly gentle and kind, though he tends to keep his distance from other people and stick to the background. His tendency to never raise his voice or treat others harshly is a point of pride, but that doesn't mean he never does it. Generally acts mellow and dull, though his intellect is decent and he sees more than he shows.
  • Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is): His eyes are a bright blue that seem to almost sparkle with warmth, though they can become frosty quickly if his situation takes a turn for the worst.
  • Appearance: Baxter is large and muscular, with an imposing stature capable of cowing mostly anyone. His black hair is shorn close to his skull and he is clean-shaven, though sometimes enough dirt accumulates on his face to give him the semblance of a beard. His clothing tends to be simple, with nothing more than basic tunics in shades of beige and brown pants, often ripped and covered in patches. Baxter carries a large pack on his back when he's on the move, filled with his basic supplies and his sword wrapped in furs.
  • Favourite Color: Brown or beige.
  • Preferred Weapon(s)(up to 3): Would rather settle fights without weapons, but Baxter still keeps his huge broadsword on hand (though generally stored away) just in case. It used to be a family heirloom, with a finely polished blade and gold-trimmed hilt that is elaborately decorated. An average man would have a hard time lifting it, let alone wielding it, but Baxter makes it seem easy. However, he is just as effective without a weapon, using only his fists.
  • Fighting Style (How they fight, their opinion on fighting): Baxter favors his strength in any fighting situation, using his powerful sword or fists to send his foes flying. He's well versed in warfare and knows lots of tactics and strategies he can use in any fight, which sometimes helps him prepare for what his foes might throw at him. But none of that changes the fact that Baxter would rather not fight at all.
  • Ideals: Baxter has a strong sense of morality, but will go against it if worst comes to worse, though he will hate himself afterwards and look for any way out of the situation.
  • Familiar/Pet: He had a pet dog named Sweet once, but it became too expensive to feed and he left it with a young girl he encountered on the road.
  • Home, Living Status: Baxter is a warrior from birth, trained by his family to take up a blade and fight for honor. And honestly, Baxter was never all that good at it. He was fine practicing, but when it came to anything real, he could never make himself take the finishing blow. A disappointment to his family, Baxter left and never looked back. Now he travels alone, doing grunt work to earn his keep.
  • Religion/Practices: His family worshiped old gods, most notably Ares, Horus, Athena, and Tyr. Baxter himself believes that gods exist, but he doesn't think that they have names in English and tends to refer to them as "the ones above". When asked about his beliefs, Baxter tends to only say the bare minimum and gets more awkward.
@HeyitsRae I'll make some more characters/settings/creatures later, just wanted to throw this one in to start. I like your ideas, and can't wait to see your writing!
  • Name: Baxter Atkins
  • Nickname: Bax
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/They/Them
  • Sexuality: Pansexual
  • Occupation: Officially, he's a sword for hire but will do any work to earn his keep so long as it's honest.
  • Personality: Baxter is surprisingly gentle and kind, though he tends to keep his distance from other people and stick to the background. His tendency to never raise his voice or treat others harshly is a point of pride, but that doesn't mean he never does it. Generally acts mellow and dull, though his intellect is decent and he sees more than he shows.
  • Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is): His eyes are a bright blue that seem to almost sparkle with warmth, though they can become frosty quickly if his situation takes a turn for the worst.
  • Appearance: Baxter is large and muscular, with an imposing stature capable of cowing mostly anyone. His black hair is shorn close to his skull and he is clean-shaven, though sometimes enough dirt accumulates on his face to give him the semblance of a beard. His clothing tends to be simple, with nothing more than basic tunics in shades of beige and brown pants, often ripped and covered in patches. Baxter carries a large pack on his back when he's on the move, filled with his basic supplies and his sword wrapped in furs.
  • Favourite Color: Brown or beige.
  • Preferred Weapon(s)(up to 3): Would rather settle fights without weapons, but Baxter still keeps his huge broadsword on hand (though generally stored away) just in case. It used to be a family heirloom, with a finely polished blade and gold-trimmed hilt that is elaborately decorated. An average man would have a hard time lifting it, let alone wielding it, but Baxter makes it seem easy. However, he is just as effective without a weapon, using only his fists.
  • Fighting Style (How they fight, their opinion on fighting): Baxter favors his strength in any fighting situation, using his powerful sword or fists to send his foes flying. He's well versed in warfare and knows lots of tactics and strategies he can use in any fight, which sometimes helps him prepare for what his foes might throw at him. But none of that changes the fact that Baxter would rather not fight at all.
  • Ideals: Baxter has a strong sense of morality, but will go against it if worst comes to worse, though he will hate himself afterwards and look for any way out of the situation.
  • Familiar/Pet: He had a pet dog named Sweet once, but it became too expensive to feed and he left it with a young girl he encountered on the road.
  • Home, Living Status: Baxter is a warrior from birth, trained by his family to take up a blade and fight for honor. And honestly, Baxter was never all that good at it. He was fine practicing, but when it came to anything real, he could never make himself take the finishing blow. A disappointment to his family, Baxter left and never looked back. Now he travels alone, doing grunt work to earn his keep.
  • Religion/Practices: His family worshiped old gods, most notably Ares, Horus, Athena, and Tyr. Baxter himself believes that gods exist, but he doesn't think that they have names in English and tends to refer to them as "the ones above". When asked about his beliefs, Baxter tends to only say the bare minimum and gets more awkward.
Be-Funky-design.jpg _____________________________________
Call me Storm - She/Her - Writer
Consider joining my applyfic - Hunters
TD98mt2.png
@xSTORMDRAGONx
Wonderful character! Adding him now!
@xSTORMDRAGONx
Wonderful character! Adding him now!
TD98mt2.png
More stuff and stuff:
@xSTORMDRAGONx @LowkeyLaufeysson @vulpindergwolf
It's come to my attention that I have a dreadfully small amount of info on "stuff"...feel free to fill this in (because so far Mercenary characters are all I've gotten)!
Mercenary character:
  • Name:
  • Nickname (optional):
  • Preferred Pronouns:
  • Appearance:
  • Favorite Color:
  • Ideals:
  • Familiar/Pet:
  • Home, Living Status:
    AND THEN
  • Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is):
  • Religion/Practices (Make something up/roll your head on your keyboard and see what the "words" are):
  • Anything you want your character to be known as (xSTORMDRAGONx, I already have a cool idea for Bax, but feel free to add):
First chapter of Mercenary is on its way!!
More stuff and stuff:
@xSTORMDRAGONx @LowkeyLaufeysson @vulpindergwolf
It's come to my attention that I have a dreadfully small amount of info on "stuff"...feel free to fill this in (because so far Mercenary characters are all I've gotten)!
Mercenary character:
  • Name:
  • Nickname (optional):
  • Preferred Pronouns:
  • Appearance:
  • Favorite Color:
  • Ideals:
  • Familiar/Pet:
  • Home, Living Status:
    AND THEN
  • Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is):
  • Religion/Practices (Make something up/roll your head on your keyboard and see what the "words" are):
  • Anything you want your character to be known as (xSTORMDRAGONx, I already have a cool idea for Bax, but feel free to add):
First chapter of Mercenary is on its way!!
TD98mt2.png
@HeyitsRae I edited my form to include the new questions. I'm also working on a second character, though I'm not sure when I'll finish them.
@HeyitsRae I edited my form to include the new questions. I'm also working on a second character, though I'm not sure when I'll finish them.
Be-Funky-design.jpg _____________________________________
Call me Storm - She/Her - Writer
Consider joining my applyfic - Hunters
TD98mt2.png
Wonderful!!
Wonderful!!
TD98mt2.png
@HeyitsRae (you're probably subbed but still) I guess I should write this here...
Name: Danteve (daunt-A-vay) Enolarvos
Nickname: Eve (A-vay)
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Sexuality: Gay. Like, GAY. Like, screaming "PRIDE FLAG" randomly at people (you know I've done that before).
Personality: Eve is hella flirtatious. Their excitable-but-relaxed fighting spirit isn't exactly perfect for their job, but they're surprisingly strong and quick. They can't stand people who never humor their wild existence, and they flit from subject to subject like a hummingbird.
Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is): They have strangely dark green eyes, captivatingly mysterious. Almost hypnotically deep, they're noticed by all, but only the lucky ones get to see them up close.
Appearance: Danteve is short and slender (Not very short, I'd say between 5'5 and 5'6). They have a halo of blonde hair that almost glows, and it contrasts glaringly with their skin, onyx speckled with freckles that dot their entire body. Their lips are neither thick nor thin, and their nose has an upturned point that is so small but pronounced that it almost appears sharp. Though they're thin and lithe, their limbs are corded with muscles. They can be wearing literally anything- just expect it to be a look you hadn't really given that much thought.
Favorite Color: They love them all.
Preferred Weapon(s)(up to 3): Danteve always wears hunting boots (over ridiculously short socks that everyone expects will give them blisters) filled with blades: usually some combination of knives that look like the modern bowie, dagger, stiletto, push dagger, and maybe a drop point (I have one, they're actually really good knives, I suggest the Swedish brand MORA) or so. Said boots are emblazoned with meaningless designs (they claim they're their great-grandfather's but they really just stole them from a cordwainer in an air market [they still aren't sure if said cordwainer was actually a cordwainer or just a fellow thief]) and are a combination of hunter green and inside-of-spruce bark. In open melee, they prefer a double-bladed scimitar that was actually given to them by their great-grandfather alongside a wickedly edged rapier.
Fighting Style (How they fight, their opinion on fighting): Danteve usually dual+ wields (sometimes pulling knife after knife out for no reason whatsoever other than to stab someone in non-lethal places repeatedly, it hurts more but it works) their knives or uses their scimitar/rapier combo (scimitar in left hand [they're left-handed] and rapier in right).
Ideals: Danteve grew up in a world where morals were everything, and they watched innocent people die for them. So...they just threw the whole idea out the window. Maybe not the best solution, but it's easier.
Familiar/Pet: Eve is constantly trailed by Susi, their wolf. Susi is playful but calm, and Danteve knew Susi since she was a pup, so they can assume that Susi is about five or six years old. However, she never seems to get older or younger.
Home/Living Status: Danteve lives with their organization, moving when it moves and therefore constantly having to change jobs.
Religion/Practices: Danteve was born being told to believe in this god, that god, this god again, but that god's better, whatever. It tore their family apart, and so they use phrases from when they were forced to be religious, but they don't believe in anything.
@HeyitsRae (you're probably subbed but still) I guess I should write this here...
Name: Danteve (daunt-A-vay) Enolarvos
Nickname: Eve (A-vay)
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Sexuality: Gay. Like, GAY. Like, screaming "PRIDE FLAG" randomly at people (you know I've done that before).
Personality: Eve is hella flirtatious. Their excitable-but-relaxed fighting spirit isn't exactly perfect for their job, but they're surprisingly strong and quick. They can't stand people who never humor their wild existence, and they flit from subject to subject like a hummingbird.
Eye color (you'd be surprised how useful this is): They have strangely dark green eyes, captivatingly mysterious. Almost hypnotically deep, they're noticed by all, but only the lucky ones get to see them up close.
Appearance: Danteve is short and slender (Not very short, I'd say between 5'5 and 5'6). They have a halo of blonde hair that almost glows, and it contrasts glaringly with their skin, onyx speckled with freckles that dot their entire body. Their lips are neither thick nor thin, and their nose has an upturned point that is so small but pronounced that it almost appears sharp. Though they're thin and lithe, their limbs are corded with muscles. They can be wearing literally anything- just expect it to be a look you hadn't really given that much thought.
Favorite Color: They love them all.
Preferred Weapon(s)(up to 3): Danteve always wears hunting boots (over ridiculously short socks that everyone expects will give them blisters) filled with blades: usually some combination of knives that look like the modern bowie, dagger, stiletto, push dagger, and maybe a drop point (I have one, they're actually really good knives, I suggest the Swedish brand MORA) or so. Said boots are emblazoned with meaningless designs (they claim they're their great-grandfather's but they really just stole them from a cordwainer in an air market [they still aren't sure if said cordwainer was actually a cordwainer or just a fellow thief]) and are a combination of hunter green and inside-of-spruce bark. In open melee, they prefer a double-bladed scimitar that was actually given to them by their great-grandfather alongside a wickedly edged rapier.
Fighting Style (How they fight, their opinion on fighting): Danteve usually dual+ wields (sometimes pulling knife after knife out for no reason whatsoever other than to stab someone in non-lethal places repeatedly, it hurts more but it works) their knives or uses their scimitar/rapier combo (scimitar in left hand [they're left-handed] and rapier in right).
Ideals: Danteve grew up in a world where morals were everything, and they watched innocent people die for them. So...they just threw the whole idea out the window. Maybe not the best solution, but it's easier.
Familiar/Pet: Eve is constantly trailed by Susi, their wolf. Susi is playful but calm, and Danteve knew Susi since she was a pup, so they can assume that Susi is about five or six years old. However, she never seems to get older or younger.
Home/Living Status: Danteve lives with their organization, moving when it moves and therefore constantly having to change jobs.
Religion/Practices: Danteve was born being told to believe in this god, that god, this god again, but that god's better, whatever. It tore their family apart, and so they use phrases from when they were forced to be religious, but they don't believe in anything.