Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Let me give dragons lore/personality!
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 54 55
@urbancountry26, Are you asking for ideas for the whole of your clan, or do you want individual profiles for dragons? Maybe a bit of both? Clarify a bit for me on what you're looking for here please. I'm more than happy to help you with whatever!
@urbancountry26, Are you asking for ideas for the whole of your clan, or do you want individual profiles for dragons? Maybe a bit of both? Clarify a bit for me on what you're looking for here please. I'm more than happy to help you with whatever!
6e2eb816dda3990b7e591f4832243d37037ddfb7.png
Can you give her a backstory? She's a student right now. I'd prefer something on the sweeter/more wholesome side. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=70527241&skin=0&apparel=3292,16233,29581,21978,32707,9475,29004,2504&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Can you give her a backstory? She's a student right now. I'd prefer something on the sweeter/more wholesome side.

dragon?did=70527241&skin=0&apparel=3292,16233,29581,21978,32707,9475,29004,2504&xt=dressing.png

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

[center]I'd like some help with this boy here. I have a vague idea about him being a magical mentor or smth but I'm not sure. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70651210][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/706513/70651210_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I'd like some help with this boy here. I have a vague idea about him being a magical mentor or smth but I'm not sure.

70651210_350.png
@Hearthdragons I love that so much!! Thank you!
@Hearthdragons I love that so much!! Thank you!
50027313-70-F2-43-D9-82-A8-1-ADC374-D795-D.pngLittle-art-shop-icon.png81-C46502-A45-B-4-A84-BD72-4-A4-A8-F6-E73-B3.pngLittle-wishlist-icon.pngaccent-shop.png
@Coincidence

Qingling looks like such a sweet girl! An introverted and asocial sweet girl lol. Bogsneaks aren't known to be social creatures and her parents weren't much different. They never did leave her alone though, one of them would always be with her at all times, and if they ever did need to leave her alone, they let her know without a doubt they'd be back for her. She grew up loved and cherished, never once being berated for not being social enough. She has a love for the wind and the sun, just delighting in feeling it caress her body and watching it work it's magic on the world around her. She can easily meditate alone to the sound of the wind in the leaves, or the sight of the sunlight glinting off of water. Meiying probably found her like that one day and sat with her, trying to talk to Qingling and slowly getting a few answers. They would meet up again and again in the same ways, sitting and enjoying the day while they held slow conversations.

@Coincidence

Qingling looks like such a sweet girl! An introverted and asocial sweet girl lol. Bogsneaks aren't known to be social creatures and her parents weren't much different. They never did leave her alone though, one of them would always be with her at all times, and if they ever did need to leave her alone, they let her know without a doubt they'd be back for her. She grew up loved and cherished, never once being berated for not being social enough. She has a love for the wind and the sun, just delighting in feeling it caress her body and watching it work it's magic on the world around her. She can easily meditate alone to the sound of the wind in the leaves, or the sight of the sunlight glinting off of water. Meiying probably found her like that one day and sat with her, trying to talk to Qingling and slowly getting a few answers. They would meet up again and again in the same ways, sitting and enjoying the day while they held slow conversations.

@AmorFati

Oh I am getting frail but super powerful mentor feelings all over this boy. He's sickly and doesn't move around fast anymore, but his magical power is next to none. No one would know that just by looking at him though, he keeps his magic a secret to most and if he does need to show he's a mage, he tones down the power by a lot unless forced otherwise. He's cryptic, never giving away his secrets without making the other dragon work for them. I feel like he's the type to find a single student and pass everything on through them. He's a harsh teacher, giving a whack to the head for asking stupid questions. He believes wholeheartedly in his pupil and won't permit slacking or failure. He's encouraging in the way people are when they say you should already know this, frustrating but nice in a way. Acts like he only tolerates his pupil but would easily die for them if it came down to it.
@AmorFati

Oh I am getting frail but super powerful mentor feelings all over this boy. He's sickly and doesn't move around fast anymore, but his magical power is next to none. No one would know that just by looking at him though, he keeps his magic a secret to most and if he does need to show he's a mage, he tones down the power by a lot unless forced otherwise. He's cryptic, never giving away his secrets without making the other dragon work for them. I feel like he's the type to find a single student and pass everything on through them. He's a harsh teacher, giving a whack to the head for asking stupid questions. He believes wholeheartedly in his pupil and won't permit slacking or failure. He's encouraging in the way people are when they say you should already know this, frustrating but nice in a way. Acts like he only tolerates his pupil but would easily die for them if it came down to it.
@Hearthdragons

Ahh this is amazing! Thank you so much this really helps me out a LOT. I'm totally gonna use this idea~
@Hearthdragons

Ahh this is amazing! Thank you so much this really helps me out a LOT. I'm totally gonna use this idea~
@Hearthdragons
Thank you so much, you've really breathed life into these dragons!
I've even been inspired with new lore ideas on top of what's already here! I can't thank you enough!
@Hearthdragons
Thank you so much, you've really breathed life into these dragons!
I've even been inspired with new lore ideas on top of what's already here! I can't thank you enough!
@Hearthdragons

Hi, thank you for replying.
Maybe a bit of both...
I had a few ideas way back when but nothing concrete....
(I have dabbled in the art of creative writing and am told am ok at it but have no idea about Lore)
I had/ve the original little blurb in my clan bio section on my profile that I wrote, (nothing special).
(although I was reading site lore the other night mainly about map regions and realised quite by accident that I had made my clan... right properly so semi-typically of Nature origin /characteristics).

I wish to give my dragons a colourful bio box each, something that reflects them, something nice to look at and tells their story as an individual of my clan (perhaps some relationships to other clan member(s), be it family, friendship, etc).

Hoping that makes sense.
You do not have to do them all at once.
@Hearthdragons

Hi, thank you for replying.
Maybe a bit of both...
I had a few ideas way back when but nothing concrete....
(I have dabbled in the art of creative writing and am told am ok at it but have no idea about Lore)
I had/ve the original little blurb in my clan bio section on my profile that I wrote, (nothing special).
(although I was reading site lore the other night mainly about map regions and realised quite by accident that I had made my clan... right properly so semi-typically of Nature origin /characteristics).

I wish to give my dragons a colourful bio box each, something that reflects them, something nice to look at and tells their story as an individual of my clan (perhaps some relationships to other clan member(s), be it family, friendship, etc).

Hoping that makes sense.
You do not have to do them all at once.
1582_200px_urbancountry26_by_miirshroom-dce92sn.png B18_L.pngc1-M13-1001.pngc2-M29-1001.pngc3-L15-1001.pngc4-L16-1001.pngc5-S18-1001.pngT10.pngB18_R.png
CJzWIft.png
@urbancountry26

It looks like the kind of clan lore you're going for is where everyone lives in a tightknit community and every dragon ties into that community in some way. Since you're a nature clan, I'd say you live either on the edge of the Shrieking Wilds where the canopy isn't quite so dense, or in the Gladevines in the cliffs under the waterfalls.

In the Wilds, your dragons would live in tree houses with walkways strung between them. The light is always twilit because of the canopy overhead, but not as dark as it gets further in. The sound of the wind in the leaves and the animals underfoot are constant and soothing. Your dragons would have their own dens of course, but would share communal areas such as a main plaza or various stores.

In the Gladevines, your public lair would be next to a basin from a waterfall, all the shops and public areas would be next to the water, with a few shops built into the lake. Above on the cliff, behind the waterfall, would be your clan's private quarters. A sprawling network of caves all lit with magic that leads to individual dens. The constant roar of the waterfall would be a soothing white noise to your clan.

Either way, your clan would have various stops for travelers, maybe some shops and restaurants depending on your dragon's passions. All of your dragons would know of each other at least a little bit.

You mention something about a humanoid race in your bio blurb, is that something you want to explore? Your dragons don't have to be dragons after all, they don't necessarily have to live in Sornieth either. After all, a tab in my lair is based on dragon riders where half of the 'dragons' are actually human. That's the great thing about lore, you can have it strictly canon compliant with Flight Rising, or make your own stuff up! Let me know which direction you want to go and we'll keep on truckin'
@urbancountry26

It looks like the kind of clan lore you're going for is where everyone lives in a tightknit community and every dragon ties into that community in some way. Since you're a nature clan, I'd say you live either on the edge of the Shrieking Wilds where the canopy isn't quite so dense, or in the Gladevines in the cliffs under the waterfalls.

In the Wilds, your dragons would live in tree houses with walkways strung between them. The light is always twilit because of the canopy overhead, but not as dark as it gets further in. The sound of the wind in the leaves and the animals underfoot are constant and soothing. Your dragons would have their own dens of course, but would share communal areas such as a main plaza or various stores.

In the Gladevines, your public lair would be next to a basin from a waterfall, all the shops and public areas would be next to the water, with a few shops built into the lake. Above on the cliff, behind the waterfall, would be your clan's private quarters. A sprawling network of caves all lit with magic that leads to individual dens. The constant roar of the waterfall would be a soothing white noise to your clan.

Either way, your clan would have various stops for travelers, maybe some shops and restaurants depending on your dragon's passions. All of your dragons would know of each other at least a little bit.

You mention something about a humanoid race in your bio blurb, is that something you want to explore? Your dragons don't have to be dragons after all, they don't necessarily have to live in Sornieth either. After all, a tab in my lair is based on dragon riders where half of the 'dragons' are actually human. That's the great thing about lore, you can have it strictly canon compliant with Flight Rising, or make your own stuff up! Let me know which direction you want to go and we'll keep on truckin'
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 54 55