Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Great Art Dump of Heather
1 2 3
Whoa that looks really cute :o good job! :D
Temple of Time Hatchery ACOZFAh.png
4lcODb6.png
hh5n4WA.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
WKtl2lb.png
Peeps, there's only one 'd' in my username.
If in doubt, just copy n paste! Thanks!
205d1fb3e4a3f86e3f5d7bdc2e9354d57fbb63cc.png SftyrSi.png
[quote name="IcePowerBliz916" date="2021-05-15 23:34:42" ] Whoa that looks really cute :o good job! :D [/quote] Thanks @IcePowerBliz916 Is there anything that I can improve on?
IcePowerBliz916 wrote on 2021-05-15 23:34:42:
Thanks @IcePowerBliz916

Is there anything that I can improve on?
banner_1.png
.camilo | .fr+15 | .they/them
͏͏ call me morgan, remix or camilo!
_wishlist. _art shop. _about me. _accent shop.
[quote name="Heatherstar" date="2021-05-15 23:37:39" ] [quote name="IcePowerBliz916" date="2021-05-15 23:34:42" ] Whoa that looks really cute :o good job! :D [/quote] Thanks @/IcePowerBliz916 Is there anything that I can improve on? [/quote] I can't see anything I could comment on as of now (I'm kind of a beginner lol), though one thing I'd like to ask is if you have an opacity function? It makes layers transparent and you can set their transparency, it's really helpful if you haven't used it yet!
Heatherstar wrote on 2021-05-15 23:37:39:
IcePowerBliz916 wrote on 2021-05-15 23:34:42:
Thanks @/IcePowerBliz916

Is there anything that I can improve on?
I can't see anything I could comment on as of now (I'm kind of a beginner lol), though one thing I'd like to ask is if you have an opacity function? It makes layers transparent and you can set their transparency, it's really helpful if you haven't used it yet!
Temple of Time Hatchery ACOZFAh.png
4lcODb6.png
hh5n4WA.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
WKtl2lb.png
Peeps, there's only one 'd' in my username.
If in doubt, just copy n paste! Thanks!
205d1fb3e4a3f86e3f5d7bdc2e9354d57fbb63cc.png SftyrSi.png
[quote name="@IcePowerBliz916" date="2021-05-15 23:59:10" ] I can't see anything I could comment on as of now (I'm kind of a beginner lol), though one thing I'd like to ask is if you have an opacity function? It makes layers transparent and you can set their transparency, it's really helpful if you haven't used it yet! [/quote] I do know about that. It's just sometimes I like white/other colored backgrounds.
@IcePowerBliz916 wrote on 2021-05-15 23:59:10:
I can't see anything I could comment on as of now (I'm kind of a beginner lol), though one thing I'd like to ask is if you have an opacity function? It makes layers transparent and you can set their transparency, it's really helpful if you haven't used it yet!

I do know about that. It's just sometimes I like white/other colored backgrounds.
banner_1.png
[quote name="Heatherstar" date="2021-05-15 20:42:46" ] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/824289761291534377/842029909848883210/BbuuB46BX0zqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png[/img] A new dragon breed that I created. It's called a Featheral. [/quote] I really like this piece of art, it’s so cute! The only thing I could think of changing is the shading. I see some places that are shaded and some that aren’t. If you cold shade everything and add detail (etc. shading on the little marks on their horns) the drawing is gonna be even more realistic and even more pretty than it already is! Overall I love ur art and it’s so much better than mine :) I suck at giving criticism-
Heatherstar wrote on 2021-05-15 20:42:46:
BbuuB46BX0zqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

A new dragon breed that I created. It's called a Featheral.
I really like this piece of art, it’s so cute! The only thing I could think of changing is the shading. I see some places that are shaded and some that aren’t. If you cold shade everything and add detail (etc. shading on the little marks on their horns) the drawing is gonna be even more realistic and even more pretty than it already is! Overall I love ur art and it’s so much better than mine :)

I suck at giving criticism-
fl_commission_106-_espeonstudios.png
dragons for sale!
@Espei
Thanks for the advice, I didn't notice I missed some parts of the drawing that I should have shaded. For the detail part, d'you mean like how the scales on some specific parts of the art could be more clarified and stuff?

It's just an example, but I think that's what you mean?
@Espei
Thanks for the advice, I didn't notice I missed some parts of the drawing that I should have shaded. For the detail part, d'you mean like how the scales on some specific parts of the art could be more clarified and stuff?

banner_1.png
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/824289761291534377/843504645472124968/Hy6UWQwG7XQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png[/img] So I colored Glimmer...and it actually turned out great :D
Hy6UWQwG7XQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

So I colored Glimmer...and it actually turned out great :D
banner_1.png
[quote name="Heatherstar" date="2021-05-16 01:41:45" ] @/Espei Thanks for the advice, I didn't notice I missed some parts of the drawing that I should have shaded. For the detail part, d'you mean like how the scales on some specific parts of the art could be more clarified and stuff? It's just an example, but I think that's what you mean? [/quote] Yep, you got it! Take a look at this cat (ignore the lopsidedness plz): [img]https://i.imgur.com/BCjrHsK.jpg[/img] It looks good, but it doesn't look detailed. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Xaai3qc.jpg[/img] And then this! The shading follows the fur of the cat and it looks more detailed. However you can't tell where the light comes from/ [img]https://i.imgur.com/sZlLDkF.jpg[/img] I used two separate layers for the shading to create this shading. This way, it can highlight the details of the cat and you can tell where the shadow is :D [size=0]my art is crap so i dont think this is good advice
Heatherstar wrote on 2021-05-16 01:41:45:
@/Espei

Yep, you got it! Take a look at this cat (ignore the lopsidedness plz):
BCjrHsK.jpg
It looks good, but it doesn't look detailed.

Xaai3qc.jpg
And then this! The shading follows the fur of the cat and it looks more detailed. However you can't tell where the light comes from/

sZlLDkF.jpg
I used two separate layers for the shading to create this shading. This way, it can highlight the details of the cat and you can tell where the shadow is :D

my art is crap so i dont think this is good advice
dragons for sale!
@Espei

Thanks for the advice! So what you mean, is, that the shading has to be more detailed in order for a piece of art to look better/more realistic.

Thank you for helping me improve :D
@Espei

Thanks for the advice! So what you mean, is, that the shading has to be more detailed in order for a piece of art to look better/more realistic.

Thank you for helping me improve :D
banner_1.png
No problem! I'm not sure if it's gonna work for you but I hope it helped ^v^
No problem! I'm not sure if it's gonna work for you but I hope it helped ^v^
dragons for sale!
1 2 3