Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tarot art - 4 swords
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i absolutely LOVE these, do you have a pinglist of any sort? i adore tarot interpretations featuring mostly animals. i think the symbolism in these are 10/10
i absolutely LOVE these, do you have a pinglist of any sort? i adore tarot interpretations featuring mostly animals. i think the symbolism in these are 10/10
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
This isn't finished but I am to friggin proud of how this is turning out I couldn't wait to share. <3 I'm not sure about the design on the nest so I might change that. The moon is also a waning crescent which I'm debating whether or not it goes with the card. Aesthetically I do love it. Also debuting the addition of the card names at the top. I'm not sure if I will keep the traditional rider-waite names or not. [img]https://i.imgur.com/cSCWweW.png[/img] @quincely - Thanks! I can certainly ping you in the future when I come up with new ones if you wish :)
This isn't finished but I am to friggin proud of how this is turning out I couldn't wait to share. <3

I'm not sure about the design on the nest so I might change that. The moon is also a waning crescent which I'm debating whether or not it goes with the card. Aesthetically I do love it.

Also debuting the addition of the card names at the top. I'm not sure if I will keep the traditional rider-waite names or not.

cSCWweW.png

@quincely - Thanks! I can certainly ping you in the future when I come up with new ones if you wish :)
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
Wheel of Fortune and Death. The raven is supposed to be building a nest of bones with an egg in it, which looks confusing right now but I'm hoping it will look clearer when I outline and color it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/KSoG4sQ.png[/img] @quincely
Wheel of Fortune and Death. The raven is supposed to be building a nest of bones with an egg in it, which looks confusing right now but I'm hoping it will look clearer when I outline and color it.

KSoG4sQ.png

@quincely
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
oh i LOVE these. wheel of fortune as a spider's web? absolute genius. and i love love LOVE your interpretation of death. i think it's spot on with the whole end/growth thing! i dont love the classic RW tarot card because i (personally) dont think it symbolizes that well enough (one of my favorite cards, can you tell?)

i really love seeing these, thank you for pinging!
oh i LOVE these. wheel of fortune as a spider's web? absolute genius. and i love love LOVE your interpretation of death. i think it's spot on with the whole end/growth thing! i dont love the classic RW tarot card because i (personally) dont think it symbolizes that well enough (one of my favorite cards, can you tell?)

i really love seeing these, thank you for pinging!
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
@quincely - Thank you!!! I am quite proud of the death card especially and I've been having fun working on it. The first three are ideas for the devil card. From what I understand it represents temptation and being caught up in bad habits. So I thought of either a moth caught in a web (maybe a bit too redundant with the WoF being a web too?) or being drawn to a candle flame. I rather like the middle image and maybe I can do something interesting with the lighting/shadow in it. I like the star card so far. The stream pouring into the water and the wave crashing against the rocks are supposed to echo the cups in the original image. The one with the bull charging into the flames is supposed to be the chariot. I think the bull fits but otherwise not so sure about the design for that one. :/ [img]https://i.imgur.com/KArvtUN.png[/img]
@quincely - Thank you!!! I am quite proud of the death card especially and I've been having fun working on it.

The first three are ideas for the devil card. From what I understand it represents temptation and being caught up in bad habits. So I thought of either a moth caught in a web (maybe a bit too redundant with the WoF being a web too?) or being drawn to a candle flame. I rather like the middle image and maybe I can do something interesting with the lighting/shadow in it.

I like the star card so far. The stream pouring into the water and the wave crashing against the rocks are supposed to echo the cups in the original image.

The one with the bull charging into the flames is supposed to be the chariot. I think the bull fits but otherwise not so sure about the design for that one. :/

KArvtUN.png
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
First two are competing ideas for the priestess card. If I use the whale version I don't think I'll use the lovers sketch on the bottom as well, as it echoes the whale priestess version too much. [img]https://i.imgur.com/v9fGVBB.png[/img] @quincely
First two are competing ideas for the priestess card. If I use the whale version I don't think I'll use the lovers sketch on the bottom as well, as it echoes the whale priestess version too much.

v9fGVBB.png

@quincely
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
I've been reading tarot for fourish years and omg??????? I love these???????? Are you planning to publish this or is this just as a hobby project?
I've been reading tarot for fourish years and omg??????? I love these???????? Are you planning to publish this or is this just as a hobby project?
K6TNbNL.pngUBk2boN.pngsknzsxi.pnggMrGqCS.pngRtYe9Mr.gif
@StarsnBranches - Thank you! I was thinking about trying to publish the deck eventually and would love to. First I have to a) figure out how to go about doing that and b) finish the deck...it's a lot to come up with over 70 different individual illustrations. But I feel I'm off to a good start, I've come up with ideas for nearly the whole major cards already and I've also sketched out a few of the minor ones too. We will see. :)
@StarsnBranches - Thank you! I was thinking about trying to publish the deck eventually and would love to. First I have to a) figure out how to go about doing that and b) finish the deck...it's a lot to come up with over 70 different individual illustrations. But I feel I'm off to a good start, I've come up with ideas for nearly the whole major cards already and I've also sketched out a few of the minor ones too. We will see. :)
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Relzo
Sweet, keep us updated :O
@Relzo
Sweet, keep us updated :O
K6TNbNL.pngUBk2boN.pngsknzsxi.pnggMrGqCS.pngRtYe9Mr.gif
@StarsnBranches - will do! Do you want me to add you to the ping list? @TheWinterBard - Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you...I just know you are busy and didn't want to annoy you with a million pings haha. :) So the owl ended up becoming the hermit, I thought it fit and I liked the image of it flying above the clouds and forest, like he's high in the air to clear his head. The star is a stand in for the hermit's lantern. The magician card is going to have a representation of each suit or element in it...as soon as I figure out what they are going to be. I was thinking of keeping wands and replacing swords with feathers. Maybe seashells for cups? Flowers/leaves/seeds for pentacles? Although I could just keep the names of the suits and just use random stand ins that match the corresponding element, like for cups I could have puddles in one card and then raindrops in another? Still figuring it out. I thought a school of fish was a good representation for the hierophant, which is about tradition and conformity. I am less sure about the sun and world cards. I do want to try and have a turtle or tortoise represent the world card. Sorry these are all rough sketches. I decided to finish sketching all the major arcana out at least before finishing them in case I went and switched things around. Although I am working on finishing the death card just cause I am so very sure of it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/gnErKAr.png[/img] @quincely
@StarsnBranches - will do! Do you want me to add you to the ping list?

@TheWinterBard - Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you...I just know you are busy and didn't want to annoy you with a million pings haha. :)

So the owl ended up becoming the hermit, I thought it fit and I liked the image of it flying above the clouds and forest, like he's high in the air to clear his head. The star is a stand in for the hermit's lantern.

The magician card is going to have a representation of each suit or element in it...as soon as I figure out what they are going to be. I was thinking of keeping wands and replacing swords with feathers. Maybe seashells for cups? Flowers/leaves/seeds for pentacles? Although I could just keep the names of the suits and just use random stand ins that match the corresponding element, like for cups I could have puddles in one card and then raindrops in another? Still figuring it out.

I thought a school of fish was a good representation for the hierophant, which is about tradition and conformity. I am less sure about the sun and world cards. I do want to try and have a turtle or tortoise represent the world card.

Sorry these are all rough sketches. I decided to finish sketching all the major arcana out at least before finishing them in case I went and switched things around. Although I am working on finishing the death card just cause I am so very sure of it.

gnErKAr.png

@quincely
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8