Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wildclaw Chronicles
1 2
Just keeping track of my dragons, so I'll be doing a small story. It is about my Wildclaws. Sketch and Bloom are having their first nest, so I'm writing about that every day in the incubation. Oh, and I use the site's lore. Just in case you were wondering. :) Please, feel free to comment. In fact, I would [i]love[/i] some feedback! (please) Meet the proud parents: Bloom [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65939507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659396/65939507_350.png[/img][/url] and Sketch. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66236935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662370/66236935_350.png[/img][/url] And here is the first of their shared kin: [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/10/2healthy_0dead.png[/img] [size=2](Sure, two is better than one, but I was hoping for more; the possible kid scries are adorable!!)[/size] Oh, and both eggs are claimed now. One by me, and one by @/Cokebubble. [quote=Pinglist][/quote]
Just keeping track of my dragons, so I'll be doing a small story. It is about my Wildclaws. Sketch and Bloom are having their first nest, so I'm writing about that every day in the incubation.

Oh, and I use the site's lore. Just in case you were wondering. :)

Please, feel free to comment. In fact, I would love some feedback! (please)

Meet the proud parents:
Bloom
65939507_350.png

and Sketch.
66236935_350.png

And here is the first of their shared kin:
2healthy_0dead.png

(Sure, two is better than one, but I was hoping for more; the possible kid scries are adorable!!)

Oh, and both eggs are claimed now. One by me, and one by @/Cokebubble.

Pinglist wrote:
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65939507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659396/65939507_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 1[/b][/center] The morning light split through the overhead canopy, illuminating the jungle in pure, golden light. Dewdrops gleamed like diamonds as they slid across leaves slowly. A bird’s cheerful cry whistled through the air, as if he knew something no one else did. [i]I know[/i], Bloom corrected his thoughts, [i]I know the secret.[/i] The Wildclaw hopped onto a tree branch, his excitement nearly impossible to contain. He pushed between bushes and tree limbs. [i]Soon[/i], he promised himself. He finally stops at a tree. At the base of its winding stump, a hole caved into the roots. This was the spot they had chosen yesterday, the perfect spot. [i]Hidden. Safe.[/i] A head poked out, appearing golden in the light. Bloom decided that the look fit her well, matching her personality wondrously. “You’re here!” Sketch trilled, “Finally! Come in, come in. They came just a few minutes ago!” “They did?” Bloom asked, “Sorry I wasn’t here. I had to clean up the trail you left, we don’t want someone taking them.” He paused a moment, “Not that anyone would dare with [i]me[/i] around! Everyone knows that [i]I[/i] am the best fighter.” Sketch fell into a fit of giggles. Bloom smiled, he was definitely not the best fighter. In fact, he wasn’t much of a fighter at all. The best he was, was bringing shiny treasures. Shiny treasures… that reminded him. “I got you a present!” Bloom announced. “Oh, that’s sweet!” Sketch purred, “But don’t you want to see them first?” “Oh, yes, absolutely!” Bloom pushed his head into the den. It was surprisingly roomy. The floor was covered in the leaves that he and Sketch had gathered the other day in preparation. However, the best part was the nest of two eggs in the center was the best part. “They’re beautiful,” breathed Bloom. He made his way inside and nestled next to them. One seemed to wiggle as he neared. They were delicately placed in the nest of leaves, moss, and grass. “I know!” cheered Sketch as she re-entered the den. Bloom held a small coin out for her to see. “For you,” he said softly. She took it in her own talons, inspecting it lovingly. She at last places it in the corner, making it look like a trophy. Bloom suddenly saw how drab the whole place looked, he would have to get some more, and maybe Sketch could bring some paints for the walls, even if it was just a temporary nest. “Thank you!” Sketch said with a smile. She twirled her tail around his. “Thank you.” [center][size=6]* * *[/size][/center] [i]First incubation, from Bloom's point of view. It's really just an introduction to them and their nest. This is really fun! I can't wait to develop them more.[/i]
65939507_350.png
Day 1

The morning light split through the overhead canopy, illuminating the jungle in pure, golden light. Dewdrops gleamed like diamonds as they slid across leaves slowly. A bird’s cheerful cry whistled through the air, as if he knew something no one else did.

I know, Bloom corrected his thoughts, I know the secret.

The Wildclaw hopped onto a tree branch, his excitement nearly impossible to contain. He pushed between bushes and tree limbs. Soon, he promised himself.

He finally stops at a tree. At the base of its winding stump, a hole caved into the roots. This was the spot they had chosen yesterday, the perfect spot. Hidden. Safe.

A head poked out, appearing golden in the light. Bloom decided that the look fit her well, matching her personality wondrously.

“You’re here!” Sketch trilled, “Finally! Come in, come in. They came just a few minutes ago!”

“They did?” Bloom asked, “Sorry I wasn’t here. I had to clean up the trail you left, we don’t want someone taking them.” He paused a moment, “Not that anyone would dare with me around! Everyone knows that I am the best fighter.”

Sketch fell into a fit of giggles. Bloom smiled, he was definitely not the best fighter. In fact, he wasn’t much of a fighter at all. The best he was, was bringing shiny treasures. Shiny treasures… that reminded him.

“I got you a present!” Bloom announced.

“Oh, that’s sweet!” Sketch purred, “But don’t you want to see them first?”

“Oh, yes, absolutely!”

Bloom pushed his head into the den. It was surprisingly roomy. The floor was covered in the leaves that he and Sketch had gathered the other day in preparation. However, the best part was the nest of two eggs in the center was the best part.

“They’re beautiful,” breathed Bloom.

He made his way inside and nestled next to them. One seemed to wiggle as he neared. They were delicately placed in the nest of leaves, moss, and grass.

“I know!” cheered Sketch as she re-entered the den.

Bloom held a small coin out for her to see. “For you,” he said softly.

She took it in her own talons, inspecting it lovingly. She at last places it in the corner, making it look like a trophy. Bloom suddenly saw how drab the whole place looked, he would have to get some more, and maybe Sketch could bring some paints for the walls, even if it was just a temporary nest.

“Thank you!” Sketch said with a smile. She twirled her tail around his. “Thank you.”

First incubation, from Bloom's point of view. It's really just an introduction to them and their nest. This is really fun! I can't wait to develop them more.
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66236935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662370/66236935_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 2[/b][/center] Sketch’s tail wrapped around her precious eggs. Such beauties. She wondered what they would look like when they hatch. She examined her lair. Bloom had gathered several small trinkets to decorate the den since the other night, and now colorful items decorated every corner, as was Bloom’s style, but the dirt walls would still look [i]much[/i] better with some paint. “I brought a snack,” announced Bloom’s voice. Sketch looked up to see him enter the den, a dead squirrel in his hands, “Well, a [i]small[/i] snack, but better than nothing!” “Oh, thanks, honey!” Sketch chirped. “Of course, darlin’,” purred Bloom. He tossed her the squirrel. Sketch nodded her thanks, taking a bite of the squirrel. “Hey, I’m thinking of heading back to the canyon,” said Sketch. “Wildclaw Canyon?” Bloom asked, “But… shouldn’t we wait for the eggs to hatch before we head back? I mean, it isn’t unheard of for eggs to be stolen.” “I’ll be careful!” Sketch insisted, “I only want a bit of paint, no one will find the nest.” “Okay,” said Bloom with a shrug, “I’ll stay here and guard.” His eyes gleamed playfully as he said, “Don’t get lost on the way back.” Sketch pushed her way through the jungle, making her way towards several huge trees in the distance. She spread her wings and began to glide between the trees. The Wildclaw finally picked her way to her destination. A small crevasse cut into the earth, and huge, magicked trees looming overhead. Colorful plumes and trinkets hung from the branches like decorative bird feeders. Banners and paintings covered the walls of the ravine. Rope bridges and boardwalks winded through the trees and down the crevasse. Wildclaws flocked around, their colorful feathers gleaming in the afternoon light. Sketch flew down into the ravine and landed next to one of the many rounded caves dug into the ragged, stone walls. This was her and Bloom’s den. They simply were hatching the eggs away so that they stayed safe, the way that Wildclaws usually did, then they would return. Sketch ducked inside. The walls were almost completely painted with the brightest and most brilliant colors. Baubles and trinkets of all sorts hung from the ceiling and decorated shelves. A nest of leaves sat in the corner. Sketch’s eyes fell on what she came for. A bucket of paint. Sketch grabbed it and started out. “Sketch?” asked a voice, “What are you doing here? Aren’t you protecting your nest, honey?” Sketch turned around to see a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65010488]green and pink Wildclaw[/url]. The dragon, Curlywing, wore a pink sweater that looked quite hot to wear. “Yeah,” Sketch said, “Just picking up paint.” She held up the paint in a semi-shrug. “Oh, honey,” Curlywing laughed, “Leave it to you to paint something you stay in for only a few days.” “Hey, it has to be comfortable,” pointed out Sketch, “Can’t wait until we come back though, maybe I can help you make some new apparel for your shop.” “Hmm, that would be nice,” said Curlywing, “I could use a bit of help.” [center][size=5]* * *[/size][/center] [i]This time it is Sketch's point of view. The Wildclaw Canyon is where all of my Wildclaws live. There is a link to Curlywing's bio in the story. Hope you enjoyed today's story![/i]
@Cokebubble
66236935_350.png
Day 2

Sketch’s tail wrapped around her precious eggs. Such beauties. She wondered what they would look like when they hatch.

She examined her lair. Bloom had gathered several small trinkets to decorate the den since the other night, and now colorful items decorated every corner, as was Bloom’s style, but the dirt walls would still look much better with some paint.

“I brought a snack,” announced Bloom’s voice. Sketch looked up to see him enter the den, a dead squirrel in his hands, “Well, a small snack, but better than nothing!”

“Oh, thanks, honey!” Sketch chirped.

“Of course, darlin’,” purred Bloom. He tossed her the squirrel.

Sketch nodded her thanks, taking a bite of the squirrel. “Hey, I’m thinking of heading back to the canyon,” said Sketch.

“Wildclaw Canyon?” Bloom asked, “But… shouldn’t we wait for the eggs to hatch before we head back? I mean, it isn’t unheard of for eggs to be stolen.”

“I’ll be careful!” Sketch insisted, “I only want a bit of paint, no one will find the nest.”

“Okay,” said Bloom with a shrug, “I’ll stay here and guard.” His eyes gleamed playfully as he said, “Don’t get lost on the way back.”

Sketch pushed her way through the jungle, making her way towards several huge trees in the distance. She spread her wings and began to glide between the trees.

The Wildclaw finally picked her way to her destination. A small crevasse cut into the earth, and huge, magicked trees looming overhead. Colorful plumes and trinkets hung from the branches like decorative bird feeders. Banners and paintings covered the walls of the ravine. Rope bridges and boardwalks winded through the trees and down the crevasse. Wildclaws flocked around, their colorful feathers gleaming in the afternoon light.

Sketch flew down into the ravine and landed next to one of the many rounded caves dug into the ragged, stone walls.

This was her and Bloom’s den. They simply were hatching the eggs away so that they stayed safe, the way that Wildclaws usually did, then they would return.

Sketch ducked inside. The walls were almost completely painted with the brightest and most brilliant colors. Baubles and trinkets of all sorts hung from the ceiling and decorated shelves. A nest of leaves sat in the corner.

Sketch’s eyes fell on what she came for. A bucket of paint. Sketch grabbed it and started out.

“Sketch?” asked a voice, “What are you doing here? Aren’t you protecting your nest, honey?”

Sketch turned around to see a green and pink Wildclaw. The dragon, Curlywing, wore a pink sweater that looked quite hot to wear.

“Yeah,” Sketch said, “Just picking up paint.” She held up the paint in a semi-shrug.

“Oh, honey,” Curlywing laughed, “Leave it to you to paint something you stay in for only a few days.”

“Hey, it has to be comfortable,” pointed out Sketch, “Can’t wait until we come back though, maybe I can help you make some new apparel for your shop.”

“Hmm, that would be nice,” said Curlywing, “I could use a bit of help.”

This time it is Sketch's point of view. The Wildclaw Canyon is where all of my Wildclaws live. There is a link to Curlywing's bio in the story. Hope you enjoyed today's story!
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65939507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659396/65939507_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 3[/b][/center] “Sweetie? Are you awake, Bloom?” The voice jolted Bloom into consciousness. He instantly glanced up at his mate, standing in the doorway and pale in the dark light of the moon. Buckets hung from her talons. “Where have you been?!” Bloom exclaimed, “I thought that something happened to you when you didn’t come back yesterday!” Guilt washed over Sketch’s expression. “I’m so sorry. I had to help Curlywing, just for a moment,” she began explaining, “And then I realized that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66110968]Sunberry[/url] was following me. I had to wait until he stopped!” Bloom stood up and pressed his head against her neck lovingly. “It’s fine,” he said, “I understand.” He pulled away and gestured with his tail for her to follow him. They sat down around the eggs, curling around them. “I’m just glad you’re back,” he assured. The sound of movement pulled Bloom awake. He opened his pale blue eyes and glanced up. On the opposite side of the eggs as he, she was sliding her talons, which were now covered with paint, across a section of the dirt wall. “Sketch?” Bloom asked, “Are you already painting?” “Mmhmm!” she replied. She glanced over her shoulder at him, her mouth curved into a smile and eyes gleaming like stars. “What are you painting?” he asked, which Sketch was probably waiting for. “It’s a surprise!” she cried. “Well, can I paint over here then?” purred Bloom. “Yep!” Sketch cried. “Thank you.” Bloom used the yellow, blue, and white paint to start painting on the wall. He finally stepped away from the wall for Sketch to see. “How is this?” he asked. Sketch looked at it. “Excellent stars, Bloom.” “Stars?” Bloom pretended to be shocked, “No, it’s a mountain!” “Yeah right!” laughed Sketch. “That is an [i]obvious[/i] mountain!” Bloom insisted, “Well, actually they are flowers but whatever.” “In my defense,” said Sketch, “They are very similar shapes.” “Agreed,” said Bloom. “Want to see mine?” asked Sketch. “Absolutely!” Sketch stepped away from her drawing, revealing her and Bloom in paint version. Their tails entwined, and their faces were in huge smiles. “An excellent mountain,” purred Bloom jokingly. [center][size=5]* * *[/size][/center] [i]Um, I forgot to incubate the eggs yesterday, ha ha, so we have an extra day. It appears I have an AMAZING memory. In today's story, Bloom is showing a more humorous side, and yes, both of them realize he is joking about the mountain.[/i]
@Cokebubble
65939507_350.png
Day 3

“Sweetie? Are you awake, Bloom?”

The voice jolted Bloom into consciousness. He instantly glanced up at his mate, standing in the doorway and pale in the dark light of the moon. Buckets hung from her talons.

“Where have you been?!” Bloom exclaimed, “I thought that something happened to you when you didn’t come back yesterday!”

Guilt washed over Sketch’s expression. “I’m so sorry. I had to help Curlywing, just for a moment,” she began explaining, “And then I realized that Sunberry was following me. I had to wait until he stopped!”

Bloom stood up and pressed his head against her neck lovingly. “It’s fine,” he said, “I understand.”

He pulled away and gestured with his tail for her to follow him. They sat down around the eggs, curling around them.

“I’m just glad you’re back,” he assured.

The sound of movement pulled Bloom awake. He opened his pale blue eyes and glanced up. On the opposite side of the eggs as he, she was sliding her talons, which were now covered with paint, across a section of the dirt wall.

“Sketch?” Bloom asked, “Are you already painting?”

“Mmhmm!” she replied.

She glanced over her shoulder at him, her mouth curved into a smile and eyes gleaming like stars.

“What are you painting?” he asked, which Sketch was probably waiting for.

“It’s a surprise!” she cried.

“Well, can I paint over here then?” purred Bloom.

“Yep!” Sketch cried.

“Thank you.”

Bloom used the yellow, blue, and white paint to start painting on the wall. He finally stepped away from the wall for Sketch to see.

“How is this?” he asked.

Sketch looked at it. “Excellent stars, Bloom.”

“Stars?” Bloom pretended to be shocked, “No, it’s a mountain!”

“Yeah right!” laughed Sketch.

“That is an obvious mountain!” Bloom insisted, “Well, actually they are flowers but whatever.”

“In my defense,” said Sketch, “They are very similar shapes.”

“Agreed,” said Bloom.

“Want to see mine?” asked Sketch.

“Absolutely!”

Sketch stepped away from her drawing, revealing her and Bloom in paint version. Their tails entwined, and their faces were in huge smiles.

“An excellent mountain,” purred Bloom jokingly.
Um, I forgot to incubate the eggs yesterday, ha ha, so we have an extra day. It appears I have an AMAZING memory. In today's story, Bloom is showing a more humorous side, and yes, both of them realize he is joking about the mountain.
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65939507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659396/65939507_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 4[/b][/center] Bloom crept through the jungle, his claws ready to strike. He kept his tail low, the frond at the end occasionally brushing against the leaf-covered ground. The morning air was cold against his face and in his throat. So far, Bloom’s hunting trips brought hardly a bounty, whereas back at the canyon, the dragon Sunberry caught the occasional elk or leopard even. Bloom would have to change his routine of squirrels and snakes. A sharp burst of wind sent a leaf flying into Bloom’s face before it spiraled away again. The dark clouds looming above the treetops signalled a storm, but the wind seemed to have come to the party early. Well, at parties there was usually food, so maybe it is a good sign? Bloom continued forward, scanning for prey. Most animals hid during storms, so he would have to find something fast. He hopped onto a branch, and it creaked under his weight. Nothing still. Perhaps all the animals already took shelter? Wait, what was that? A small flash of movement to Bloom’s left caught his attention. He turned to see a leopard, standing in the large tree. Its fur was dull in the light of the storm, but its eyes were brilliant gold. The leopard was watching Bloom warrily, as if wondering when the dragon would attack. [i]This[/i] was Bloom’s chance. The leopard must have seen Bloom’s sudden look of determination, as the spotted feline darted away into the branches of the dense jungle. “Hey!” Bloom cried. The Wildclaw dashed for the direction the leopard disappeared, spreading his wings and gliding tree to tree. He quickly spotted the leopard, racing ahead. Bloom leapt onto its back, but it did an odd manuevor in which it twisted its body and scraped its claws against Bloom’s underbelly. Bloom recoiled but slashed his rear claws into the beast. After several moments of struggling, Bloom finally managed to snap the cat’s neck. A raindrop hit Bloom’s back, and by the time he pulled the leopard back to his and Sketch’s den, it was pouring. Sketch rushed to dry him off, but Bloom was just happy to be back with her…. and out of the rain. [center][size=5]* * *[/size][/center] [i]Another from Bloom's point of view. And it looks like his hunting skills are approving. That is good, he needs food to survive, and care for his family! He's used to picking up leftovers from the hunters of the Wildclaws.[/i]
@Cokebubble
65939507_350.png
Day 4

Bloom crept through the jungle, his claws ready to strike. He kept his tail low, the frond at the end occasionally brushing against the leaf-covered ground. The morning air was cold against his face and in his throat.

So far, Bloom’s hunting trips brought hardly a bounty, whereas back at the canyon, the dragon Sunberry caught the occasional elk or leopard even. Bloom would have to change his routine of squirrels and snakes.

A sharp burst of wind sent a leaf flying into Bloom’s face before it spiraled away again. The dark clouds looming above the treetops signalled a storm, but the wind seemed to have come to the party early. Well, at parties there was usually food, so maybe it is a good sign?

Bloom continued forward, scanning for prey. Most animals hid during storms, so he would have to find something fast. He hopped onto a branch, and it creaked under his weight.

Nothing still. Perhaps all the animals already took shelter? Wait, what was that?

A small flash of movement to Bloom’s left caught his attention.

He turned to see a leopard, standing in the large tree. Its fur was dull in the light of the storm, but its eyes were brilliant gold. The leopard was watching Bloom warrily, as if wondering when the dragon would attack.

This was Bloom’s chance.

The leopard must have seen Bloom’s sudden look of determination, as the spotted feline darted away into the branches of the dense jungle.

“Hey!” Bloom cried.

The Wildclaw dashed for the direction the leopard disappeared, spreading his wings and gliding tree to tree. He quickly spotted the leopard, racing ahead.

Bloom leapt onto its back, but it did an odd manuevor in which it twisted its body and scraped its claws against Bloom’s underbelly. Bloom recoiled but slashed his rear claws into the beast. After several moments of struggling, Bloom finally managed to snap the cat’s neck.

A raindrop hit Bloom’s back, and by the time he pulled the leopard back to his and Sketch’s den, it was pouring. Sketch rushed to dry him off, but Bloom was just happy to be back with her…. and out of the rain.

Another from Bloom's point of view. And it looks like his hunting skills are approving. That is good, he needs food to survive, and care for his family! He's used to picking up leftovers from the hunters of the Wildclaws.
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66236935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662370/66236935_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 5[/b][/center] Sketch hummed quietly to herself as she carefully slid red paint across the wall, creating the shape of the Flamecaller, deity of the Ashfall Waste. She had already done the Lightweaver, Earthshaker, Windsinger, Shadowbinder, Icewarden, Tidelord, and of course the majestic Gladekeeper. She hadn’t done the Arcanist or the Stormcatcher yet, as they seemed more difficult to do, and she wanted to have more practice doing deities first. And the Plaguebringer, as a Nature dragon she naturally disliked the Queen of Rot and Death, but she probably should still do her. Sketch had spent the last few hours painting the deities along the far wall. She wanted to give the hatchlings a small classroom before they moved back to Wildclaw Canyon. Someone tapped Sketch on the shoulder, causing her to jump and spill paint all over the floor. “Sorry!” she cried at the time Bloom did. “I didn’t mean to scare you, I’m [i]so[/i] sorry!” Bloom said. “No, no, my fault,” apologized Sketch, “I should have been paying more attention.” Bloom looked down at the paint-covered leaves. “You know,” he said, “That actually looks kinda cool. Maybe we could pull away the leaves there and paint the floor in big [i]splats[/i] of paint!” “Splats?” Sketch asked, rather amused. “Well, yeah,” purred Bloom with a shrug, “You know what I mean.” “I do like your idea,” mused Sketch, “We could have a whole play and learn area over there. We could move the nest to the corner over there so there is more space.” “The nest is kind of in the middle of the den,” Bloom said. “We should totally do this in our cave at the canyon!” said Sketch, “A play and learn area would be perfect!” “Completely!” Bloom chirped. The pair of Wildclaws spent the next hour or so fixing up the den. Sketch held the two eggs as Bloom moved the nest to one of the front corners, then they delicately placed the wiggling eggs inside. They then stripped away a few sections of leaf and painted the floor in splats of paint, as Bloom would say, beneath the deities. Sketch also finished painting all of the deities and their emblems below them. Sketch laid with her eggs peacefully. She could tell that she was slowly nodding off, but it didn’t really matter to her. She was just glad that the day was going so well, even with the soaked earth outside the lair from yesterday’s rain. [center][size=6]* * *[/size][/center] [i]We're fixing up the den! I've had the idea of the deities a while now, and finally decided to use it! The paint just came to me as I wrote that it spilled. Huh. It was really fun to write, and I'm so glad that the den is getting neater![/i]
@Cokebubble
66236935_350.png
Day 5

Sketch hummed quietly to herself as she carefully slid red paint across the wall, creating the shape of the Flamecaller, deity of the Ashfall Waste. She had already done the Lightweaver, Earthshaker, Windsinger, Shadowbinder, Icewarden, Tidelord, and of course the majestic Gladekeeper. She hadn’t done the Arcanist or the Stormcatcher yet, as they seemed more difficult to do, and she wanted to have more practice doing deities first. And the Plaguebringer, as a Nature dragon she naturally disliked the Queen of Rot and Death, but she probably should still do her.

Sketch had spent the last few hours painting the deities along the far wall. She wanted to give the hatchlings a small classroom before they moved back to Wildclaw Canyon.

Someone tapped Sketch on the shoulder, causing her to jump and spill paint all over the floor.

“Sorry!” she cried at the time Bloom did.

“I didn’t mean to scare you, I’m so sorry!” Bloom said.

“No, no, my fault,” apologized Sketch, “I should have been paying more attention.”

Bloom looked down at the paint-covered leaves. “You know,” he said, “That actually looks kinda cool. Maybe we could pull away the leaves there and paint the floor in big splats of paint!”

“Splats?” Sketch asked, rather amused.

“Well, yeah,” purred Bloom with a shrug, “You know what I mean.”

“I do like your idea,” mused Sketch, “We could have a whole play and learn area over there. We could move the nest to the corner over there so there is more space.”

“The nest is kind of in the middle of the den,” Bloom said.

“We should totally do this in our cave at the canyon!” said Sketch, “A play and learn area would be perfect!”

“Completely!” Bloom chirped.

The pair of Wildclaws spent the next hour or so fixing up the den. Sketch held the two eggs as Bloom moved the nest to one of the front corners, then they delicately placed the wiggling eggs inside. They then stripped away a few sections of leaf and painted the floor in splats of paint, as Bloom would say, beneath the deities. Sketch also finished painting all of the deities and their emblems below them.

Sketch laid with her eggs peacefully. She could tell that she was slowly nodding off, but it didn’t really matter to her. She was just glad that the day was going so well, even with the soaked earth outside the lair from yesterday’s rain.

We're fixing up the den! I've had the idea of the deities a while now, and finally decided to use it! The paint just came to me as I wrote that it spilled. Huh. It was really fun to write, and I'm so glad that the den is getting neater!
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66236935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662370/66236935_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 6[/b][/center] Sketch trotted through the tree, her wings tight against her sides. A snake hung lazily atop a branch, it’s winding body flopping over itself. It didn’t even bother wrapping around the branch, but just hung in loose loops. Sketch considered killing it, but decided to find some berries for her paint instead. She and Bloom had already eaten that morning. Sketch soon found a bush of berries. She deemed them not poisonous, and began gathering them. These would do perfectly for paint, she was running low. Painting the deities, Bloom and herself several times, the nest, and much more [i]really[/i] took away from the paint reserves. “Oh dear,” she muttered to herself, “Bloom’s humorous sarcasm and just plain humor must be spreading to me.” She shakes her head. She continued picking berries for the next hour, and stuffing them into her bag. When she got back to the den, she dumped them out and sorted them into different colors, then mixed them into her paint. [center][size=6]* * *[/size][/center] [i]Hello, my name is Reldarmgoomphis and my inspiration and creativity is dead! Sorry it was so short, I kind of need a small break, and I could think of NOTHING interesting to do today. On a better note, the eggs will hatch tomorrow![/i]
@Cokebubble
66236935_350.png
Day 6

Sketch trotted through the tree, her wings tight against her sides. A snake hung lazily atop a branch, it’s winding body flopping over itself. It didn’t even bother wrapping around the branch, but just hung in loose loops. Sketch considered killing it, but decided to find some berries for her paint instead. She and Bloom had already eaten that morning.

Sketch soon found a bush of berries. She deemed them not poisonous, and began gathering them.

These would do perfectly for paint, she was running low. Painting the deities, Bloom and herself several times, the nest, and much more really took away from the paint reserves.

“Oh dear,” she muttered to herself, “Bloom’s humorous sarcasm and just plain humor must be spreading to me.” She shakes her head.

She continued picking berries for the next hour, and stuffing them into her bag. When she got back to the den, she dumped them out and sorted them into different colors, then mixed them into her paint.

Hello, my name is Reldarmgoomphis and my inspiration and creativity is dead! Sorry it was so short, I kind of need a small break, and I could think of NOTHING interesting to do today.

On a better note, the eggs will hatch tomorrow!
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65939507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659396/65939507_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 7[/b][/center] Bloom curled up around the eggs as Sketch began painting, yet again, the dusty walls. His wing draped over them, and his tail wrapped around the nest, or at least as much as it would. The eggs were extremely close to hatching now. They moved oddly, especially when their parents neared, and tilted around. Small bodies could be seen wiggling against the shells. Bloom was certain they would hatch soon. “They’re so close,” Bloom sighed. Sketch didn’t reply. Bloom decided that she must not have heard, as she often entered her own little world when painting. “Sketch?” Bloom asked. “Hmm?” she asked, looking over her shoulder, “Did you say something?” “I was just saying how the eggs look so close,” repeated Bloom. “Indeed!” she chirped in response, “But I also think they’ll surprise us, and when they don’t hatch really soon, don’t freak yourself out.” “I won’t,” Bloom replied. He did. After about half an hour of sitting next to them, he began to grow worried. What if they weren’t going to hatch? What if there was something wrong with them? What if Bloom had done something wrong and killed them? No, killing them was silly. They were still wobbling. Each time he got closer, they would tilt and lean towards his body warmth. They were definitely still alive, but still, what if something was wrong? “Sketch-” Bloom started. Sketch cut him off, “Bloom, they are fine. It will take a while.” “But, they [i]still[/i] haven’t hatched!” complained Bloom. Sketch opened her mouth to reply, but stopped suddenly. “They are now!” she cried. She rushed over to the nest. Bloom turned to see what she was looking at. Upon first glance it looked like a crease, but he soon realized it was in fact a [i]crack[/i]. A small purple shape could be seen against it. The crack grew larger, and the shape grew into a nose, pushing out. On the other side of the nest, the other egg began wiggling profusely. Several moments later, two female hatchlings pushed away from their now discarded eggs. Both had hints of purple edging their bodies. One had a pale yellow belly, while the other had a pink, rosy one. Both Bloom and Sketch were speechless. All they could do were stare with absolute adoration. Bloom swept them up in his arms and wings. He slid one to Sketch, who lovingly held her tightly. “They are perfect,” she breathed. “They need names,” Bloom said several minutes later. “Yes, yes, I suppose you are right,” murmured Sketch, “I hadn’t thought about that!” “So what were you going to do then?” Bloom asked with amusement, “Call them KidOne and KidTwo?” “No!” “Oh, phew, you had me worried there for a minute,” Bloom said, fakely relieved, “Anyway, what about Claw and Fang?” “No, no, no,” Sketch shot it down, “Those are [i]terrible[/i] names! Just look at these sweeties, they need perfect adorable names.” The hatching that Bloom was holding started batting at the crest of feathers on his head. “Hmm, well then what about... Song and Shine?” he asked. “I like Song,” mused Sketch, “But what about Star instead of Shine?” “Perfect!” decreed Bloom, “Song and Star!” [i]A shape sat in the shadows. Guilt filled her for her decision, but she had to. There was no other way. No choice. Or was that just the excuse she gave herself? No, not an excuse, but the truth. The cold, heavy truth. She continued to the den of the parents. Wildclaws did this all the time, so what if she decided to join in?[/i] Bloom was asleep when Sketch burst in. “Star is gone!” she shouted, causing young Song to start screaming at the sound. “What?!” Bloom flew to his feet. Sketch touched Song, as if seeing if she were real. She scooped the hatchling into her claws and nodded solemnly. “She is gone. I saw footprints; another Wildclaw took her.” [i]”It’s okay, darling,” said Sopina, mostly reassuring herself, not the hatchling she held in her talons, “You’re going to like it fine with me at my clan. And you will just love your new dad.” The hatchling giggled. Sopina sighed; the youngling probably wouldn’t even remember her birth parents. No one would know. Hopefully.[/i] [center][size=6]* * *[/size][/center] [i]That was really fun to do! The eggs finally hatched, and I did a more cryptic style on Sopina's parts. I'm keeping Song, but @/Cokbubble can keep Star, who can change the name if they like (it's not like Sopina will know her name).[/i] Song: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67230070][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672301/67230070_350.png[/img][/url] "Star": [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67230071][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672301/67230071_350.png[/img][/url] Sopina: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64021778][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/640218/64021778_350.png[/img][/url]
@Cokebubble
65939507_350.png
Day 7

Bloom curled up around the eggs as Sketch began painting, yet again, the dusty walls. His wing draped over them, and his tail wrapped around the nest, or at least as much as it would.

The eggs were extremely close to hatching now. They moved oddly, especially when their parents neared, and tilted around. Small bodies could be seen wiggling against the shells. Bloom was certain they would hatch soon.

“They’re so close,” Bloom sighed.

Sketch didn’t reply. Bloom decided that she must not have heard, as she often entered her own little world when painting. “Sketch?” Bloom asked.

“Hmm?” she asked, looking over her shoulder, “Did you say something?”

“I was just saying how the eggs look so close,” repeated Bloom.

“Indeed!” she chirped in response, “But I also think they’ll surprise us, and when they don’t hatch really soon, don’t freak yourself out.”

“I won’t,” Bloom replied.

He did.

After about half an hour of sitting next to them, he began to grow worried. What if they weren’t going to hatch? What if there was something wrong with them? What if Bloom had done something wrong and killed them?

No, killing them was silly. They were still wobbling. Each time he got closer, they would tilt and lean towards his body warmth. They were definitely still alive, but still, what if something was wrong?

“Sketch-” Bloom started.

Sketch cut him off, “Bloom, they are fine. It will take a while.”

“But, they still haven’t hatched!” complained Bloom.

Sketch opened her mouth to reply, but stopped suddenly. “They are now!” she cried. She rushed over to the nest.

Bloom turned to see what she was looking at. Upon first glance it looked like a crease, but he soon realized it was in fact a crack. A small purple shape could be seen against it. The crack grew larger, and the shape grew into a nose, pushing out. On the other side of the nest, the other egg began wiggling profusely.

Several moments later, two female hatchlings pushed away from their now discarded eggs. Both had hints of purple edging their bodies. One had a pale yellow belly, while the other had a pink, rosy one.

Both Bloom and Sketch were speechless. All they could do were stare with absolute adoration. Bloom swept them up in his arms and wings. He slid one to Sketch, who lovingly held her tightly.

“They are perfect,” she breathed.

“They need names,” Bloom said several minutes later.

“Yes, yes, I suppose you are right,” murmured Sketch, “I hadn’t thought about that!”

“So what were you going to do then?” Bloom asked with amusement, “Call them KidOne and KidTwo?”

“No!”

“Oh, phew, you had me worried there for a minute,” Bloom said, fakely relieved, “Anyway, what about Claw and Fang?”

“No, no, no,” Sketch shot it down, “Those are terrible names! Just look at these sweeties, they need perfect adorable names.”

The hatching that Bloom was holding started batting at the crest of feathers on his head.

“Hmm, well then what about... Song and Shine?” he asked.

“I like Song,” mused Sketch, “But what about Star instead of Shine?”

“Perfect!” decreed Bloom, “Song and Star!”

A shape sat in the shadows. Guilt filled her for her decision, but she had to. There was no other way. No choice.

Or was that just the excuse she gave herself?

No, not an excuse, but the truth. The cold, heavy truth.

She continued to the den of the parents. Wildclaws did this all the time, so what if she decided to join in?

Bloom was asleep when Sketch burst in.

“Star is gone!” she shouted, causing young Song to start screaming at the sound.

“What?!” Bloom flew to his feet.

Sketch touched Song, as if seeing if she were real. She scooped the hatchling into her claws and nodded solemnly.

“She is gone. I saw footprints; another Wildclaw took her.”

”It’s okay, darling,” said Sopina, mostly reassuring herself, not the hatchling she held in her talons, “You’re going to like it fine with me at my clan. And you will just love your new dad.”

The hatchling giggled. Sopina sighed; the youngling probably wouldn’t even remember her birth parents. No one would know.

Hopefully.

That was really fun to do! The eggs finally hatched, and I did a more cryptic style on Sopina's parts. I'm keeping Song, but @/Cokbubble can keep Star, who can change the name if they like (it's not like Sopina will know her name).

Song:
67230070_350.png

"Star":
67230071_350.png

Sopina:
64021778_350.png
@Cokebubble [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66236935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/662370/66236935_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Day 8[/b][/center] Over the past day, Sketch had tried her best to get past the loss of Star. She still had one child, and she was quite a handful too. The den would better fit only [i]one[/i] hatchling. But still… The squawk of a young Wildclaw hatchling tore Sketch out of her thoughts. Song was batting at a bee, trying to eat it. “Song, no!” Sketch yelped, scooping up the hatchling, “You do [i]not[/i] eat bees.” “Yeah,” Bloom purred as he tapped Song’s snout, “No eating bugs or you’ll turn into a Fae!” Song started laughing in her own gurgling laugh. “Come on sweetie,” Sketch murmured, “Let’s go play [i]outside[/i].” Sketch and Bloom walked out of the nest. They were going to head back to the Canyon soon, but they would have to wait for Song to get a bit bigger. Dragon hatchlings grew up fairly fast, so it would probably be only a few days until they decided to move back in. Meanwhile, Song found a leaf to start playing with. Bloom started hopping after her, looking like a centaur who lost a leg. He scooped her up and spun her around before putting her back to the ground. He beamed at Sketch, encouraging her to join in their game. A while later, Sketch brought Song back to the den while Bloom went hunting. She showed Song the wall of deities, and told her all about each one. “This is the Icewarden,” she said, “He captures big meany guys and locks them into his fortress, with the help of a dragon called a Gaoler.” Song tilted her head. “And [i]this[/i] is the Gladekeeper. You, me, and Daddy follow her. She keeps us all safe here in the Labyrinth.” Song started giggling and said something that frightfully sounded like ‘sheep’. [i]I shouldn’t have found that animal book[/i], Sketch thought to herself before continuing the lesson. [center][size=5]* * *[/size][/center] [i]I'm going to continue this a little while. I want to see some more of Song, so yeah![/i]
@Cokebubble
66236935_350.png
Day 8

Over the past day, Sketch had tried her best to get past the loss of Star. She still had one child, and she was quite a handful too. The den would better fit only one hatchling. But still…

The squawk of a young Wildclaw hatchling tore Sketch out of her thoughts. Song was batting at a bee, trying to eat it.

“Song, no!” Sketch yelped, scooping up the hatchling, “You do not eat bees.”

“Yeah,” Bloom purred as he tapped Song’s snout, “No eating bugs or you’ll turn into a Fae!”

Song started laughing in her own gurgling laugh.

“Come on sweetie,” Sketch murmured, “Let’s go play outside.”

Sketch and Bloom walked out of the nest. They were going to head back to the Canyon soon, but they would have to wait for Song to get a bit bigger. Dragon hatchlings grew up fairly fast, so it would probably be only a few days until they decided to move back in.

Meanwhile, Song found a leaf to start playing with.

Bloom started hopping after her, looking like a centaur who lost a leg. He scooped her up and spun her around before putting her back to the ground. He beamed at Sketch, encouraging her to join in their game.

A while later, Sketch brought Song back to the den while Bloom went hunting. She showed Song the wall of deities, and told her all about each one.

“This is the Icewarden,” she said, “He captures big meany guys and locks them into his fortress, with the help of a dragon called a Gaoler.”

Song tilted her head.

“And this is the Gladekeeper. You, me, and Daddy follow her. She keeps us all safe here in the Labyrinth.”

Song started giggling and said something that frightfully sounded like ‘sheep’. I shouldn’t have found that animal book, Sketch thought to herself before continuing the lesson.
I'm going to continue this a little while. I want to see some more of Song, so yeah!
Day 1 (of childhood)

Sopina sighed. She hadn’t really got over her decision yesterday. She kept worrying about whether she may be found, and shook uncontrollably with fear at random points during the day.

“Don’t worry darling,” said Plexi “She’s such a little bundle of joy! I’m sure her sister wil have forgotten her by now.”

“It’s not her sister that I’m worried about, darling.”

Their conversation was interrupted by Star’s screeching, but it was happy screeching. She was flapping after a bumble but her infant wings kept failing her and she bounced on the ground, apparently unhurt. Sopina smiled, her negative emotions fading as she once again experienced the joys of children. She was fondly watching Star whilst Plexi tinkered around with his cogs and feeding his pet frog, Renee. Star blundered over to him, and watched the frog for a bit before grabbing it clumsily with one arm and inspecting it curiously.

“Stop Star! Bad girl, you bad bad girl!” Shouted Plexi aggressively as Star whimpered and cowed away from his bared teeth.

Sopina cried, “Plexi, stop! You’re scaring her!”

“I’m.. I’m so sorry, darling, I wasn’t thinking, I didn’t me-”

“That’s your problem Plexi! You never think! You never care!”

“Darling, no I-” Plexi sighed “You sound hangry, and I know I’m starving. I’ll go hunt and give you two some along time.

Star trundled over to her lap as Sopina rested, exhausted with fear and anger. She regretted being so cold to Plexi, but fear always put her in a cold, unforgiving mood that surpassed quickly. Immersed in sad thought, she absent-mindedly stroked the soft plume of feathers on Star’s delicate head. She curled up and went to sleep on the soft grassy ground…

She woke up suddenly as Plexi started shouting at her, and realised Star had since wandered off after she fell asleep.

“Darling! Darling! She’s talking! She’s saying her first words! Come over here!”

Sopina swiftly flew over and landed close to Star.
“What’s she saying” asked Plexi.

“Ssh!” Sopina hissed.

Sopina suddenly went cold with fear and apprehension and her heart started racing as she realised what Star was saying;

“Song! Song!”

Day 1 (of childhood)

Sopina sighed. She hadn’t really got over her decision yesterday. She kept worrying about whether she may be found, and shook uncontrollably with fear at random points during the day.

“Don’t worry darling,” said Plexi “She’s such a little bundle of joy! I’m sure her sister wil have forgotten her by now.”

“It’s not her sister that I’m worried about, darling.”

Their conversation was interrupted by Star’s screeching, but it was happy screeching. She was flapping after a bumble but her infant wings kept failing her and she bounced on the ground, apparently unhurt. Sopina smiled, her negative emotions fading as she once again experienced the joys of children. She was fondly watching Star whilst Plexi tinkered around with his cogs and feeding his pet frog, Renee. Star blundered over to him, and watched the frog for a bit before grabbing it clumsily with one arm and inspecting it curiously.

“Stop Star! Bad girl, you bad bad girl!” Shouted Plexi aggressively as Star whimpered and cowed away from his bared teeth.

Sopina cried, “Plexi, stop! You’re scaring her!”

“I’m.. I’m so sorry, darling, I wasn’t thinking, I didn’t me-”

“That’s your problem Plexi! You never think! You never care!”

“Darling, no I-” Plexi sighed “You sound hangry, and I know I’m starving. I’ll go hunt and give you two some along time.

Star trundled over to her lap as Sopina rested, exhausted with fear and anger. She regretted being so cold to Plexi, but fear always put her in a cold, unforgiving mood that surpassed quickly. Immersed in sad thought, she absent-mindedly stroked the soft plume of feathers on Star’s delicate head. She curled up and went to sleep on the soft grassy ground…

She woke up suddenly as Plexi started shouting at her, and realised Star had since wandered off after she fell asleep.

“Darling! Darling! She’s talking! She’s saying her first words! Come over here!”

Sopina swiftly flew over and landed close to Star.
“What’s she saying” asked Plexi.

“Ssh!” Sopina hissed.

Sopina suddenly went cold with fear and apprehension and her heart started racing as she realised what Star was saying;

“Song! Song!”

FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
1 2