Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [lore] The Shatterstar Pack
1 2 3
the starshatter pack

welcome to the stars.
[insert pretty image here]

From your perch among the clouds, stars intertwine and pulse in the same rhythm as the stone beneath your claws. The Starwood Strand glows in the distance, a gentle pastel light that seems to call to you, to embrace you within infinity. You stretch languidly, basking in the tranquility of the mountains. It has been a long time since you last allowed yourself to relax.

But every scene of beauty hides its own dangers. Shadows thrum against your claws, dangerous undertones of deep purple and black amidst the starry sky. A strange undercurrent seems to weave around you, cold wind hissing past your head. Suddenly, you shiver. Perhaps this is not the best place for you to be - with that thought, you turn and leap off the edge.

The air is crisp and clean, and your heart soars as you explore the Crystalspine Reaches. Then you see something strange. A spire, rising straight toward the heavens, unyielding to the warping forces of Focal Point. For all the maps you’ve read, none have mentioned this new anomaly. You fly closer, squinting at it in the distance.

As you close in on it, even the air around you seems to shimmer in a kind of strange heat-haze. For a very brief moment, the world seems to shift before your eyes, and then you blink and it is gone. Before you stands a strange white Coatl, runes on her crystalline pelt shifting and flickering in an ever-changing, mesmerising pattern. A smile plays at her calm expression.

“Welcome to the Forgotten Spire.”

Welcome to my clan lore thread! You can call me Tirtouga. I’ve been writing for a really long time now, and after devouring numerous lore threads I thought it was high time I got my own started as well. I’ve taken inspiration from @Disillusionist’s thread The Tower of Drabel as well as @Petall’s thread The Stories of Windkeep Tower. I’ll be updating periodically (read: either very frequently or very rarely, there is no in-between) with things related to my clan, whether it be headcanons, lore, or art.

Feel free to comment on this thread, it's always nice to know there are people reading this! I'm subscribed, so there's no need to ping to get my attention. If you’d like to ally, shoot me a PM! We can work out details of the alliance from there. Let me know if you'd like to be on the update pinglist too! With that, I hope you enjoy your time around! The Shatterstar Pack will always welcome you.
the starshatter pack

welcome to the stars.
[insert pretty image here]

From your perch among the clouds, stars intertwine and pulse in the same rhythm as the stone beneath your claws. The Starwood Strand glows in the distance, a gentle pastel light that seems to call to you, to embrace you within infinity. You stretch languidly, basking in the tranquility of the mountains. It has been a long time since you last allowed yourself to relax.

But every scene of beauty hides its own dangers. Shadows thrum against your claws, dangerous undertones of deep purple and black amidst the starry sky. A strange undercurrent seems to weave around you, cold wind hissing past your head. Suddenly, you shiver. Perhaps this is not the best place for you to be - with that thought, you turn and leap off the edge.

The air is crisp and clean, and your heart soars as you explore the Crystalspine Reaches. Then you see something strange. A spire, rising straight toward the heavens, unyielding to the warping forces of Focal Point. For all the maps you’ve read, none have mentioned this new anomaly. You fly closer, squinting at it in the distance.

As you close in on it, even the air around you seems to shimmer in a kind of strange heat-haze. For a very brief moment, the world seems to shift before your eyes, and then you blink and it is gone. Before you stands a strange white Coatl, runes on her crystalline pelt shifting and flickering in an ever-changing, mesmerising pattern. A smile plays at her calm expression.

“Welcome to the Forgotten Spire.”

Welcome to my clan lore thread! You can call me Tirtouga. I’ve been writing for a really long time now, and after devouring numerous lore threads I thought it was high time I got my own started as well. I’ve taken inspiration from @Disillusionist’s thread The Tower of Drabel as well as @Petall’s thread The Stories of Windkeep Tower. I’ll be updating periodically (read: either very frequently or very rarely, there is no in-between) with things related to my clan, whether it be headcanons, lore, or art.

Feel free to comment on this thread, it's always nice to know there are people reading this! I'm subscribed, so there's no need to ping to get my attention. If you’d like to ally, shoot me a PM! We can work out details of the alliance from there. Let me know if you'd like to be on the update pinglist too! With that, I hope you enjoy your time around! The Shatterstar Pack will always welcome you.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

contents

locations xx---- xx1 xx 2

allies and connections xx---- xx1
contents

locations xx---- xx1 xx 2

allies and connections xx---- xx1

locations
locations

locations (cont.)
locations (cont.)

allies and connections

The Dreamspace / StarryLune

This alliance goes back a long way, from when the two leaders were still young and filled with a headstrong will to defeat the Shade. They journeyed together, shared laughter and tears, and eventually, forged bonds stronger than blood or water. The Dreamspace remains like family to the clan, and there is never something which they cannot overcome together.

The Disillusionists / Disillusionist

After the establishment of the new clan, Scarlett and West journeyed far and wide, and while aboard Captain Mara's ship, encountered an attack by Shade-touched Maren. Working together, the dragons neutralised the threat, and recognised a potential alliance in their shared dislike of the Shade. Soon, the two clans agreed on an alliance. Apart from exchanging combat techniques, the two clans also discuss commerce and other shared hobbies.
allies and connections

The Dreamspace / StarryLune

This alliance goes back a long way, from when the two leaders were still young and filled with a headstrong will to defeat the Shade. They journeyed together, shared laughter and tears, and eventually, forged bonds stronger than blood or water. The Dreamspace remains like family to the clan, and there is never something which they cannot overcome together.

The Disillusionists / Disillusionist

After the establishment of the new clan, Scarlett and West journeyed far and wide, and while aboard Captain Mara's ship, encountered an attack by Shade-touched Maren. Working together, the dragons neutralised the threat, and recognised a potential alliance in their shared dislike of the Shade. Soon, the two clans agreed on an alliance. Apart from exchanging combat techniques, the two clans also discuss commerce and other shared hobbies.

[center][font=times new roman][size=6][b][i]Prologue[/size] [size=5]Snapshots - Goldthorn[/size][/i][/b][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26888712][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/268888/26888712_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=times new roman][size=4]According to flight tradition, the first day of the Arcane month was a time of reminiscing. For Arcane was the youngest flight, and only by remembering the past could you forge new futures, reach further into the unknown. So as she sprawled on the grass, eyes taking in the black night sky and the barely-there sliver of moon, Goldthorn wished and remembered. It happened many moon-cycles ago, when she was still a young hatchling dreaming of an unpolluted night sky. She was much too young for the details to have fully imprinted on her mind, but she remembered a calm orange Skydancer and comforting yellow feathers that guided her forward as they made their journey. [i][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26792916]Sevim[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26626396]Rhyfelwr[/url].[/i] Ever since they had journeyed to one of her clan’s sister clans, she hadn’t seen them. And she missed them dearly, for they were part of her history and Fire heritage. How were they doing? Were they, too, looking at the moon and wishing that their past could come to life again, just for one night? She let a small ember escape her, and watched silently as it floated away, carried by the wind to mingle with the stars. It could have just been her own emotions, but Goldthorn felt like the stars seemed dimmer every time this day came about. She had never regretted her decision to migrate, but she did miss her birthplace sometimes. Today was one of those times. For a long time, there was nothing but soft cricketsong. Goldthorn was eventually lulled into a slumber, and she dreamed. She dreamed of the stars, and of the small ember that disappeared into the night sky. She dreamed of two dragons settling beside her, exuding the familiar warmth of Fire. She dreamed and dreamed… And soon awoke to realise that it was not a dream. “Long time no see, Goldthorn.” Bright amber eyes blinked at her, and there was a rustling of feathers as Sevim settled in a more comfortable position for stargazing. Goldthorn was at a loss for words. “Fiendcat got your tongue? I remember you were a lot more boisterous the last time we saw you,” Rhyfelwr teased. Goldthorn shot into the air, looping around in agitation, disbelief and excitement. “No, I just… it’s so hard to believe the two of you are here! Where did you come from? Was the journey tough? How did you know where to find me? I…” she was cut off by Sevim. Sheepishly, she reined in her questions. “Is it wrong to want to see a friend? We did, after all, come out of Fire territory together. Wouldn’t be right if we didn’t come to see you once in a while. Treat this as… a reunion between travellers,” Sevim mused. “Look, there’s the North Star up ahead. We used that as a compass.” Goldthorn let out an incredulous laugh. “I still can’t believe the two of you are actually [i]here[/i], though! Come on, I have so much to show you,” she called to them, already halfway across the clearing. The night was filled with laughter and chatter as the three toured the Starfall Isles that the Spiral had come to call home. Time flew by and eventually the hints of dawn coloured the dark sky. Goldthorn knew their time together had come to an end. She led them to the edge of Arcane territory, before pausing. It would be a long time until she saw them again. Sevim smiled, shaking his wings out. “We’ll see you again next year, little one.” Rhyfelwr patted her head softly. “Don’t miss us too much! It’ll be a year before you know it.” And they were gone, winging away as the night melted into sunrise. Goldthorn watched them go, feeling the emerging sunlight on her scales. It was time to head back, she thought. Heart lightened, she looped back to where she had made her home, wings whistling cheerful music in the still morning air. The Crystalspine Reaches were the colour of a new day. ——————————————————————————————————————————— [center][size=2]@StarryLune @Disillusionist @Petall @Starwindrider @Littlepotato711 @ShinyDecidueye[/center] Hello! Here’s the first official update for my clan lore! Before we jump into the actual storyline I thought it would be nice to explore some of my other dragons’ narratives, especially since I never really feature most of them. Oops. Let me know what other dragons’ stories you want to see! I’ll probably do 2-3 more of these shorts. Thank you for reading! <3
Prologue
Snapshots - Goldthorn
26888712_350.png

According to flight tradition, the first day of the Arcane month was a time of reminiscing. For Arcane was the youngest flight, and only by remembering the past could you forge new futures, reach further into the unknown. So as she sprawled on the grass, eyes taking in the black night sky and the barely-there sliver of moon, Goldthorn wished and remembered.

It happened many moon-cycles ago, when she was still a young hatchling dreaming of an unpolluted night sky. She was much too young for the details to have fully imprinted on her mind, but she remembered a calm orange Skydancer and comforting yellow feathers that guided her forward as they made their journey. Sevim and Rhyfelwr.

Ever since they had journeyed to one of her clan’s sister clans, she hadn’t seen them. And she missed them dearly, for they were part of her history and Fire heritage. How were they doing? Were they, too, looking at the moon and wishing that their past could come to life again, just for one night? She let a small ember escape her, and watched silently as it floated away, carried by the wind to mingle with the stars. It could have just been her own emotions, but Goldthorn felt like the stars seemed dimmer every time this day came about. She had never regretted her decision to migrate, but she did miss her birthplace sometimes. Today was one of those times.

For a long time, there was nothing but soft cricketsong. Goldthorn was eventually lulled into a slumber, and she dreamed. She dreamed of the stars, and of the small ember that disappeared into the night sky. She dreamed of two dragons settling beside her, exuding the familiar warmth of Fire. She dreamed and dreamed…

And soon awoke to realise that it was not a dream. “Long time no see, Goldthorn.” Bright amber eyes blinked at her, and there was a rustling of feathers as Sevim settled in a more comfortable position for stargazing. Goldthorn was at a loss for words. “Fiendcat got your tongue? I remember you were a lot more boisterous the last time we saw you,” Rhyfelwr teased. Goldthorn shot into the air, looping around in agitation, disbelief and excitement.

“No, I just… it’s so hard to believe the two of you are here! Where did you come from? Was the journey tough? How did you know where to find me? I…” she was cut off by Sevim. Sheepishly, she reined in her questions.

“Is it wrong to want to see a friend? We did, after all, come out of Fire territory together. Wouldn’t be right if we didn’t come to see you once in a while. Treat this as… a reunion between travellers,” Sevim mused. “Look, there’s the North Star up ahead. We used that as a compass.” Goldthorn let out an incredulous laugh.

“I still can’t believe the two of you are actually here, though! Come on, I have so much to show you,” she called to them, already halfway across the clearing. The night was filled with laughter and chatter as the three toured the Starfall Isles that the Spiral had come to call home.

Time flew by and eventually the hints of dawn coloured the dark sky. Goldthorn knew their time together had come to an end. She led them to the edge of Arcane territory, before pausing. It would be a long time until she saw them again. Sevim smiled, shaking his wings out. “We’ll see you again next year, little one.” Rhyfelwr patted her head softly. “Don’t miss us too much! It’ll be a year before you know it.”

And they were gone, winging away as the night melted into sunrise. Goldthorn watched them go, feeling the emerging sunlight on her scales. It was time to head back, she thought. Heart lightened, she looped back to where she had made her home, wings whistling cheerful music in the still morning air.

The Crystalspine Reaches were the colour of a new day.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Hello! Here’s the first official update for my clan lore! Before we jump into the actual storyline I thought it would be nice to explore some of my other dragons’ narratives, especially since I never really feature most of them. Oops. Let me know what other dragons’ stories you want to see! I’ll probably do 2-3 more of these shorts. Thank you for reading! <3

reserve for good measure
reserve for good measure

@StarryLune @Disillusionist (sorry for the double ping!)

Here we go! It's all set up now, feel free to post ^^
@StarryLune @Disillusionist (sorry for the double ping!)

Here we go! It's all set up now, feel free to post ^^

YAAAAAAAAAAAY
YAAAAAAAAAAAY
4tjEMFS.gif

tori • she/her • fr +16
poetry & lore | chibis
@StarryLune

wooooot
@StarryLune

wooooot