Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cherep’s Journal - ( Do not post!! )
[center][size=7][font=Papyrus]Cherep’s Journal[/font][/size][/center] WIP ~ Thread in progress :) This the main story thread, [color=Red]no posting here[/color]! If you would like to be added to the pinglist, ask a question, or comment about stuff on the thread, please do so in the discussion thread, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3075894/1]here[/url]. [color=Transparent]cadet cherep ra Amsonia Labernum Sernn’s flower [rule] [center][size=4][font=New Times Roman]Welcome to [i]Cherep’s Journal[/i]! This thread follows the story of -[/font][/size] [columns][center][emoji=Ancient size=5][/center] [size=3][center]-of a young Banescale named Cherep, as he is en-rolled into the military and thrown into the difficult time that is The War of Fire and Ice, Banescales versus Gaolers.[/center] [nextcol][center][emoji=Rose size=5][/center] [size=3][center]-of Cherep, a Banescale of undeterminable age, trying to navigate his way through the wonders and dangers of this strange, new, and unpredictable world of modern Sornieth.[center][/columns] [center][size=4][font=New Times Roman]Both are different storylines that happen at different times of Cherep’s life, but they will both be written here, in his enchanted and beloved journal.[/font][/size]
Cherep’s Journal

WIP ~ Thread in progress :)

This the main story thread, no posting here! If you would like to be added to the pinglist, ask a question, or comment about stuff on the thread, please do so in the discussion thread, here.

cadet cherep ra
Amsonia
Labernum
Sernn’s flower

Welcome to Cherep’s Journal! This thread follows the story of -

-of a young Banescale named Cherep, as he is en-rolled into the military and thrown into the difficult time that is The War of Fire and Ice, Banescales versus Gaolers.
-of Cherep, a Banescale of undeterminable age, trying to navigate his way through the wonders and dangers of this strange, new, and unpredictable world of modern Sornieth.
Both are different storylines that happen at different times of Cherep’s life, but they will both be written here, in his enchanted and beloved journal.
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
[center][size=6][font=Papyrus]Intros:[/font][/size][/center] [rule] [emoji=ancient size=6] - [font=New Times Roman][color=Transparent]__[/color]It was beautiful. The thick cover was dark, oiled leather, and the spine was bound tightly with strong cord. The strap and golden clasp holding it closed shone with the merry light of something smithed very recently. The name on the front read [i]Cherep[/i] in fancy, gilded script, while the pages inside were a creamy off-white, with just a touch of faded yellow at the corners. “Enchanted to never run out of pages,” Cherep’s father said curtly, handing it over to him. “You know we don’t exactly approve of you drawing all the time, but... we feel as if this journaling habit of yours is a good one. Keeps things organized. As long as you keep up the journaling, we’ll let you continue with your art as well.” “Oh, wow,” Cherep breathed. “Thank you, sir,” he said, taking it gratefully. A journal that never ran out of pages? [i]Who enchanted it?[/i] Cherep studied his parents carefully. Hiring a mage would have been expensive, as there weren’t very many of them in the Ashfall Waste. It was generally looked down upon in Banescale culture to practice magic, but those select few who did and were good at it sometimes offered their services to others, for a price. His was a military family, and his parents weren’t exactly the sappy, sugary type. They believed in tough love. Honestly, he was surprised they actually decided to give him and his twin sister a few gifts before they left for the training academy tomorrow. His mother stepped forward. “We expect you to write regularly, as well as report on how your art studies are going.” “Art studies[, ma’am]?” Cherep inquired/asked, confused. “Ma’am,” he quickly added. “We’ve hired a private art tutor for you at the academy. Might was well make something of your, er... hobby.” [/font] [rule] [emoji=rose size=6] - [font=New Times Roman] [color=Transparent]__[/color]Cherep took a bite of his ration bar and was just about to sit down when he heard muffled clicks coming from a tunnel near the alleged mouth of the cave. His head snapped around. Strangely colored fur, long, twisted antlers, and a square-jawed face instantly met his startled gaze. [i]Oh, no.[/i] Their eyes locked, and time seemed to stand still. There was fear reflected in the young Gaoler’s pale blue eyes, and Cherep knew fear could compel dragons to do dangerous things. He swallowed and slowly raised a wing, bringing it down in a sort of calming gesture. “The cave is unstable; it isn’t safe to stay here. We can sort this out outside. You don’t have to turn your back on me if you don’t want to.” A hasty and not very _ reason, but hopefully it would give him some time to figure out what to do. The Gaoler gulped and nodded, backing out slowly. She seemed just as _ by this unexpected interaction as he was. Good. He could use that to his advantage. Cherep bent down to reach the rest of his supplies, not taking his eyes off her for a second. A __(scorpion? snake?) suddenly skittered/slithered across the floor, much too close to Cherep’s claws for comfort. He jerked back, quickly flicking it away with one of his feet. Too quick for the other dragon’s liking. The Gaoler’s eyes widened at the sudden movement, and the Runes lining the sides of her body began to flash rapidly in strange patterns. Her horns started to hum and emanate a soft, blue glow. “No; don’t! You’ll bring the whole cave down on both of us!” Cherep hissed and rushed forward, shoving her through the mouth of the cave and raising his wings to fly out after her. Just as he raised them, however, a wave of frigid ice magic washed over him, locking him into place. He jerked, then collapsed, his body shivering on the cold stone floor. He hissed again and tried his best to move out of harm’s way, but the magic held him down securely with an icy cold, iron grip. It drained him completely of his strength and energy, of the will to move. Rocks knocked loose by the Gaoler’s magic rained down from the ceiling. [i]No— I can’t fail my mission![/i] he thought frantically. A rock smashed into the side of his skull. For a moment all he could see were spots and stars, and then everything went black. ... Hundreds of years later, a small magma flow was inexplicably drawn towards a large chamber at the heart of Ashfall Waste. Waves of powerful Fire magic washed over all of Sornieth as thousands of Banescale hatchlings were suddenly hatched in a single night, the foreign remnants of a long-gone species. Deep in a cave on the coast of the Southern Icefield, the bonds of ice magic holding a dragon down were weakened and finally melted away. Hundred of years— centuries— later... ... this dragon stirred. (-or Cherep stirred.) [center][map x=1550 y=4320 view=land width=480 height=240]Modern - Infiltration[/map][/center][/font] [rule] [right][img]https://i.ibb.co/h7gb09r/Date.png[/img][/right] [size=5][size=4][font=Mistral][emoji=ancient size=4] - First Day at the Military Academy[/size] [color=Transparent]–––[/color][color=B1BBBB]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [font=New Times Roman][color=Transparent]__[/color]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus est diam, condimentum nec odio in, eleifend sagittis lectus. Sed gravida eget purus sit amet auctor. Etiam in dictum magna. Ut posuere quam in diam rhoncus, ac convallis felis semper. Curabitur mattis ligula a pretium pellentesque. Vestibulum accumsan posuere tellus, et porta ante eleifend ut.[/font] [rule]
Intros:

-

__It was beautiful. The thick cover was dark, oiled leather, and the spine was bound tightly with strong cord. The strap and golden clasp holding it closed shone with the merry light of something smithed very recently. The name on the front read Cherep in fancy, gilded script, while the pages inside were a creamy off-white, with just a touch of faded yellow at the corners.

“Enchanted to never run out of pages,” Cherep’s father said curtly, handing it over to him. “You know we don’t exactly approve of you drawing all the time, but... we feel as if this journaling habit of yours is a good one. Keeps things organized. As long as you keep up the journaling, we’ll let you continue with your art as well.”

“Oh, wow,” Cherep breathed. “Thank you, sir,” he said, taking it gratefully. A journal that never ran out of pages? Who enchanted it?

Cherep studied his parents carefully. Hiring a mage would have been expensive, as there weren’t very many of them in the Ashfall Waste. It was generally looked down upon in Banescale culture to practice magic, but those select few who did and were good at it sometimes offered their services to others, for a price.

His was a military family, and his parents weren’t exactly the sappy, sugary type. They believed in tough love. Honestly, he was surprised they actually decided to give him and his twin sister a few gifts before they left for the training academy tomorrow.

His mother stepped forward. “We expect you to write regularly, as well as report on how your art studies are going.”

“Art studies[, ma’am]?” Cherep inquired/asked, confused. “Ma’am,” he quickly added.

“We’ve hired a private art tutor for you at the academy. Might was well make something of your, er... hobby.”

-

__Cherep took a bite of his ration bar and was just about to sit down when he heard muffled clicks coming from a tunnel near the alleged mouth of the cave.

His head snapped around. Strangely colored fur, long, twisted antlers, and a square-jawed face instantly met his startled gaze.

Oh, no.

Their eyes locked, and time seemed to stand still. There was fear reflected in the young Gaoler’s pale blue eyes, and Cherep knew fear could compel dragons to do dangerous things. He swallowed and slowly raised a wing, bringing it down in a sort of calming gesture.

“The cave is unstable; it isn’t safe to stay here. We can sort this out outside. You don’t have to turn your back on me if you don’t want to.” A hasty and not very _ reason, but hopefully it would give him some time to figure out what to do.
The Gaoler gulped and nodded, backing out slowly. She seemed just as _ by this unexpected interaction as he was. Good. He could use that to his advantage.
Cherep bent down to reach the rest of his supplies, not taking his eyes off her for a second. A __(scorpion? snake?) suddenly skittered/slithered across the floor, much too close to Cherep’s claws for comfort. He jerked back, quickly flicking it away with one of his feet.

Too quick for the other dragon’s liking.

The Gaoler’s eyes widened at the sudden movement, and the Runes lining the sides of her body began to flash rapidly in strange patterns. Her horns started to hum and emanate a soft, blue glow.

“No; don’t! You’ll bring the whole cave down on both of us!” Cherep hissed and rushed forward, shoving her through the mouth of the cave and raising his wings to fly out after her.

Just as he raised them, however, a wave of frigid ice magic washed over him, locking him into place. He jerked, then collapsed, his body shivering on the cold stone floor. He hissed again and tried his best to move out of harm’s way, but the magic held him down securely with an icy cold, iron grip. It drained him completely of his strength and energy, of the will to move. Rocks knocked loose by the Gaoler’s magic rained down from the ceiling.

No— I can’t fail my mission! he thought frantically.

A rock smashed into the side of his skull. For a moment all he could see were spots and stars, and then everything went black.

Hundreds of years later, a small magma flow was inexplicably drawn towards a large chamber at the heart of Ashfall Waste.

Waves of powerful Fire magic washed over all of Sornieth as thousands of Banescale hatchlings were suddenly hatched in a single night, the foreign remnants of a long-gone species.

Deep in a cave on the coast of the Southern Icefield, the bonds of ice magic holding a dragon down were weakened and finally melted away.

Hundred of years— centuries— later...

... this dragon stirred.

(-or Cherep stirred.)

Date.png

- First Day at the Military Academy
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

__Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus est diam, condimentum nec odio in, eleifend sagittis lectus. Sed gravida eget purus sit amet auctor. Etiam in dictum magna. Ut posuere quam in diam rhoncus, ac convallis felis semper. Curabitur mattis ligula a pretium pellentesque. Vestibulum accumsan posuere tellus, et porta ante eleifend ut.

AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
Reserved
Reserved
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
Reserved
Reserved
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png