Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Price Check/Critique me!
Okay, my sketch shop did pretty well when I had it open, so I'm inputting new styles! So I colored a simpler sketch of my baby[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27253305] Saku![/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/C5ai0Zx.png[/img] and a full body chibi of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63936036]Lemonade[/url], that's currently a sketch that may or not contain broken anatomy The sketches will be colored, but probably not refined too much [img]https://i.imgur.com/Hla0YMk.png[/img] Any critiques/what you would price these at?
Okay, my sketch shop did pretty well when I had it open, so I'm inputting new styles!
So I colored a simpler sketch of my baby Saku!
C5ai0Zx.png
and a full body chibi of Lemonade, that's currently a sketch that may or not contain broken anatomy
The sketches will be colored, but probably not refined too much
Hla0YMk.png

Any critiques/what you would price these at?
@Lych

Ooh, these are both really cute, I especially like the second sketchy one. Not sure about the prices, since I do not do art, but I am thinking like 150kt-200kt (plus whatever the gem rate is) for base and then added prices for apparel. But, it is possible I am suggesting too low, so I hope some art creating people can offer thoughts too!
@Lych

Ooh, these are both really cute, I especially like the second sketchy one. Not sure about the prices, since I do not do art, but I am thinking like 150kt-200kt (plus whatever the gem rate is) for base and then added prices for apparel. But, it is possible I am suggesting too low, so I hope some art creating people can offer thoughts too!
tumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o2_r1_250.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngtumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o5_r1_100.png
@lych aww your art is adorable! Nice lines and nice colours, good contrast too. Perhaps you can try with 600kt for your first one? As it is a rendered bust shot.
@lych aww your art is adorable! Nice lines and nice colours, good contrast too. Perhaps you can try with 600kt for your first one? As it is a rendered bust shot.
tumblr_paomop1t701w18p86o3_r1_500.gif
Tiny bump, thanks for the feedback!
Tiny bump, thanks for the feedback!
@Lych
I'm probably not the best person to say this since I haven't taken fr currency as payment in a long time, but as a person who took comms,
Base it on how much time it takes you! if 120kt/100g is worth 1 USD then charge in accordance to the amount of money/currency you are comfortable working at.
If I were looking for art atm, I'd expect to pay about $20+/2,400,000kt/2000g for a headshot like that including apparel (not super savvy on that but if it takes you more or less time to draw, charge accordingly)

I'm not entirely sure about the fullbody since I only have one example to go off of (also make sure you have a lot of examples that consistently show your quality of work and stuff I love to see that) but if you're coloring it, no less than $15, and if you refine it, fix any broken anatomy, and shade+color it at least $40.

You could always start lower if you don't feel comfortable charging this high but honestly it depends if you want to take a greater quantity of commissions at a lower price or a lower quantity of commissions at a higher price.
@Lych
I'm probably not the best person to say this since I haven't taken fr currency as payment in a long time, but as a person who took comms,
Base it on how much time it takes you! if 120kt/100g is worth 1 USD then charge in accordance to the amount of money/currency you are comfortable working at.
If I were looking for art atm, I'd expect to pay about $20+/2,400,000kt/2000g for a headshot like that including apparel (not super savvy on that but if it takes you more or less time to draw, charge accordingly)

I'm not entirely sure about the fullbody since I only have one example to go off of (also make sure you have a lot of examples that consistently show your quality of work and stuff I love to see that) but if you're coloring it, no less than $15, and if you refine it, fix any broken anatomy, and shade+color it at least $40.

You could always start lower if you don't feel comfortable charging this high but honestly it depends if you want to take a greater quantity of commissions at a lower price or a lower quantity of commissions at a higher price.
Are you lost stranger?
Your anatomy is super cute, but I suggest coloring your lines— changing them from black to even dark purple can make some pieces look really nice!
Your anatomy is super cute, but I suggest coloring your lines— changing them from black to even dark purple can make some pieces look really nice!
3UUXp8G.png
Wow! Thank you all for the kind words, I was not expecting the price range to be so high :,)

@Isyrii
I'm definitely going to try this, I keep seeing different ways to color lineart that suit the styles very well ;w;

@Pelago
I took a peek at your deviantart and you are incredibly talented, thank you for the feedback! your pricing was very comprehensive and I appreciate that. I completely agree with the more examples bit, I'll probably add more finished examples before I open anything.
Wow! Thank you all for the kind words, I was not expecting the price range to be so high :,)

@Isyrii
I'm definitely going to try this, I keep seeing different ways to color lineart that suit the styles very well ;w;

@Pelago
I took a peek at your deviantart and you are incredibly talented, thank you for the feedback! your pricing was very comprehensive and I appreciate that. I completely agree with the more examples bit, I'll probably add more finished examples before I open anything.