Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nation Of The Winged Wolves HELP WANTED!
1 2
[b][/b][center][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-odzUMGoj8Y0/X1fuTWOhJZI/AAAAAAAAVSY/PGHEM0q4BAoGhYSpDFwfT3QaC8jx88p4ACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-09-08.png[/img] [color=#BF8080][size=200]So I am proud to share with you a book I am writing to publish soon![/size] [/color][/center] [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0sKRyFkVtaI/X1fo1KNHC6I/AAAAAAAAVQo/7VfxJMmdZF8vba2KWA0c-ZaUDP2l9YvrACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-09-08.png[/img] [color=#BF8080] Family friendly preview of my book HERE: (Apologies if this isn't allowed!) [size=200][url][i][b]https://youtu.be/ffV2V4EJfL0[/url][/b][/i][/size] So I need your guys' help! I've looked to friends and family but I love you guys as a community so much I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm needing ideas for my book series! [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uW87woGp_DM/X1fuTtFUbvI/AAAAAAAAVSc/LYO1WNW28-kfvuDcW8acwdIUcjE5TC0RACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-09-08.png[/img] WHAT I NEED IDEAS FOR: So at the moment I'm quite stuck on what the job of a Moon Wolf could be. Besides raising and lowering the moon, what else could she do? Would it have to do with gravity? Tracking the orbit of the moons? (I say moons because there's 2 moons in this world! ^^) I need ideas for powers or abilities the wolves could have. Besides the elements, Sun and moon, storm and weather wolves, or anything to do with nature or animals. What to her abilities could these wolves have? Or better yet, what would YOU like to see in this book? Any particular power or special talent you'd love to see? [/color] [color=#FF0000]This is your chance to be credited in my book! I will be offering a free copy of the book to whoever helps me the most with ideas or character story ideas! [/color] FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT MY BOOK! I LOOOOVE QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK! Also if you just have something you'd love to see or what you look forward to, post as well! Totally open to ANY thoughts or comments! :D
2020-09-08.png
So I am proud to share with you a book I am writing to publish soon!

2020-09-08.png

Family friendly preview of my book HERE: (Apologies if this isn't allowed!)

https://youtu.be/ffV2V4EJfL0

So I need your guys' help! I've looked to friends and family but I love you guys as a community so much I'm hoping you guys can help me.
I'm needing ideas for my book series!

2020-09-08.png

WHAT I NEED IDEAS FOR:

So at the moment I'm quite stuck on what the job of a Moon Wolf could be. Besides raising and lowering the moon, what else could she do? Would it have to do with gravity? Tracking the orbit of the moons? (I say moons because there's 2 moons in this world! ^^)

I need ideas for powers or abilities the wolves could have. Besides the elements, Sun and moon, storm and weather wolves, or anything to do with nature or animals.
What to her abilities could these wolves have?
Or better yet, what would YOU like to see in this book? Any particular power or special talent you'd love to see?

This is your chance to be credited in my book! I will be offering a free copy of the book to whoever helps me the most with ideas or character story ideas!

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT MY BOOK! I LOOOOVE QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK!
Also if you just have something you'd love to see or what you look forward to, post as well! Totally open to ANY thoughts or comments! :D
ryvAmhs.png
Hello! I’d be interested in helping, but I’m largely curious to the layout of the world these wolves inhabit, and what kind of roles would they take on due to their environment? It may be interesting to have different wolves have certain abilities depending on their habitat.
Hello! I’d be interested in helping, but I’m largely curious to the layout of the world these wolves inhabit, and what kind of roles would they take on due to their environment? It may be interesting to have different wolves have certain abilities depending on their habitat.
NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
mjtJ868.png
xuKF4fL.png
qhK4FYS.png
4ogWlJU.png
GmpJL9V.pngebgyVXC.pngu0xFVz1.pngEGzfMVW.pnghaRlyz4.pngPIMx6Ft.pngJ8hTK0d.pngsFMScix.pngPP1zJy5.png8UYUyIT.pngZdX5GDi.pnggc0eJjW.png
v8f8ZKI.png
aaa
sun and moon wolves could be in charge of making sure sun rises/sets at the correct time, making sure theres enough light/darkness & keeping it in balance

as for powers, its a bit generic but perhaps oracle/soothsayer wolves who have visions and are used as guides for other wolves

maybe every wolf/clan is born into an assigned element and their power relates to that (eg wolves born under the storm element could be able to make a small raincloud or electricity sparks, nature wolves could restore life to dead plants/make plants grow in barren places) and wolves higher up/more powerful have stronger/better powers so that dictates the leaders of packs - so with plants example, weaker wolves can make maybe a small flower but stronger ones can create trees or even whole forests

whoops misread - for other powers, it could be things like a special talent useful in daily life - like the oracle mentioned before, maybe healing powers, speed, enhanced senses (hearing, vision, ability to see hidden things or very far away, ability to hide oneself either thru invisibility or blending into background), spellcasters/telekinesis
sun and moon wolves could be in charge of making sure sun rises/sets at the correct time, making sure theres enough light/darkness & keeping it in balance

as for powers, its a bit generic but perhaps oracle/soothsayer wolves who have visions and are used as guides for other wolves

maybe every wolf/clan is born into an assigned element and their power relates to that (eg wolves born under the storm element could be able to make a small raincloud or electricity sparks, nature wolves could restore life to dead plants/make plants grow in barren places) and wolves higher up/more powerful have stronger/better powers so that dictates the leaders of packs - so with plants example, weaker wolves can make maybe a small flower but stronger ones can create trees or even whole forests

whoops misread - for other powers, it could be things like a special talent useful in daily life - like the oracle mentioned before, maybe healing powers, speed, enhanced senses (hearing, vision, ability to see hidden things or very far away, ability to hide oneself either thru invisibility or blending into background), spellcasters/telekinesis
PVehrz5.png
bsTwpFg.png
sZShZzW.png
1hgU4Yj.png
LRdLP2V.png
g6CyIfP.png
bYt72YT.png
794a3145f6fa1f605844f6d1d3f20ebb5196384f.png Wishlist
I believe that a moon wolf would be able to have a vision or basically see into the future. But not the far future, only up to a few months if they watch the stars. I believe that it would be possible if they read the stars like reading someone's thoughts in a way. And maybe during certain moon phases, as the moon wanes to a new moon, their power gets weaker, but as it is a full moon, their power could become strong. I have an idea if there were some kind of special eclipse like a blue moon or even a blood moon, they would gain a rare ability. That would include those who were born during a blue moon or blood moon.

Maybe if this could be possible, maybe there could be rare abilities like a wolf that can have a fire ability that instead of normal colors of flames, it could be blue. Or lightning that could be purple. I believe these abilities would be a little more effective than the normal one's. There should be side effects too if it's possible. Like a magical curse.

For an example for the curse: A pup who was born during a blood moon has this power. A power that can see spirits with an addition to a weak fire type of power. A rare ability it may be, but as the pup gets older, the powers he has can be harder to control. The more he uses it multiple times in one day, the more the ability becomes draining. And him seeing spirits, he slowly becomes insane as he uses his power.

I hope that makes sense, i'm becoming very inspired by your idea for that story that even I want to possibly make my own wolf character lol.

Edit: Does every wolf have wings?
I believe that a moon wolf would be able to have a vision or basically see into the future. But not the far future, only up to a few months if they watch the stars. I believe that it would be possible if they read the stars like reading someone's thoughts in a way. And maybe during certain moon phases, as the moon wanes to a new moon, their power gets weaker, but as it is a full moon, their power could become strong. I have an idea if there were some kind of special eclipse like a blue moon or even a blood moon, they would gain a rare ability. That would include those who were born during a blue moon or blood moon.

Maybe if this could be possible, maybe there could be rare abilities like a wolf that can have a fire ability that instead of normal colors of flames, it could be blue. Or lightning that could be purple. I believe these abilities would be a little more effective than the normal one's. There should be side effects too if it's possible. Like a magical curse.

For an example for the curse: A pup who was born during a blood moon has this power. A power that can see spirits with an addition to a weak fire type of power. A rare ability it may be, but as the pup gets older, the powers he has can be harder to control. The more he uses it multiple times in one day, the more the ability becomes draining. And him seeing spirits, he slowly becomes insane as he uses his power.

I hope that makes sense, i'm becoming very inspired by your idea for that story that even I want to possibly make my own wolf character lol.

Edit: Does every wolf have wings?
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
@Silverlia Hmm that's a very interesting thought! It's a world governed by the Alphas. They have the ability to give powers to wolves when they come of age and one best suited to their personality as well as their interests. So that's mostly what the powers come from..

@dragonfrosts Ooh your thinking is very similar to FR, with the different elements and stuff! Also a key thing I guess I forgot to mention is their powers are related to their Calling. So an Arial hunter would have enhanced speed in flight and incredibly sharp eye sight, much like a hawk, while a Storm Wolf would have much stronger muscles and wings as well as the ability to redirect lightning for dangerous flight. Make sense? So there are wolves with all the powers you listed! They are individualized to a wolf's calling. :D

@SoulSerpent Yes so every wolf has wings, if they're born without they're considered cursed. Also I LOVE the variations to the elements! Like the senior Fire wolf would have blue fire instead of normal red fire. And a senior Storm Wolf could have white or purple lightning instead of blue! I also LOVE the idea of the Moon Wolf's powers being connected to the moon. At a very special event maybe like a Lunar Eclipse or something the powers are enhanced ten fold? It reminds me of the Water Benders from Avatar The Last Airbender. Lol

And honestly if you want to develop a character to have in my story I would LOVE that! I always welcome the creativity of others! Pm me if you would like to discuss that more. :D
@Silverlia Hmm that's a very interesting thought! It's a world governed by the Alphas. They have the ability to give powers to wolves when they come of age and one best suited to their personality as well as their interests. So that's mostly what the powers come from..

@dragonfrosts Ooh your thinking is very similar to FR, with the different elements and stuff! Also a key thing I guess I forgot to mention is their powers are related to their Calling. So an Arial hunter would have enhanced speed in flight and incredibly sharp eye sight, much like a hawk, while a Storm Wolf would have much stronger muscles and wings as well as the ability to redirect lightning for dangerous flight. Make sense? So there are wolves with all the powers you listed! They are individualized to a wolf's calling. :D

@SoulSerpent Yes so every wolf has wings, if they're born without they're considered cursed. Also I LOVE the variations to the elements! Like the senior Fire wolf would have blue fire instead of normal red fire. And a senior Storm Wolf could have white or purple lightning instead of blue! I also LOVE the idea of the Moon Wolf's powers being connected to the moon. At a very special event maybe like a Lunar Eclipse or something the powers are enhanced ten fold? It reminds me of the Water Benders from Avatar The Last Airbender. Lol

And honestly if you want to develop a character to have in my story I would LOVE that! I always welcome the creativity of others! Pm me if you would like to discuss that more. :D
ryvAmhs.png
Also if you have character personality/internal conflict ideas that would be super awesome to hear as well! ^^
Also if you have character personality/internal conflict ideas that would be super awesome to hear as well! ^^
ryvAmhs.png
Boop
Boop
ryvAmhs.png
Ohh I love me some world building. Just throwing in some questions

If a moon wolf can control gravity they could create a black hole

Are the abilities based on some type of magic or a natural skill?

Can they choose their calling or are they born with one?

What happens if they are unhappy with their calling and or abilities?

Do they have a ranking system, or any conflicts between elements?

Do they have only special wolves that can move the sun and moon or do they need the entire nation to have them set and rise?

Do their fur colors and markings reflect their element?

What made the wolves become what they are?

How are the cursed wolves treated by society? Do they have abnormal abilities or none at all?

How many characters have you made so far?

Ohh I love me some world building. Just throwing in some questions

If a moon wolf can control gravity they could create a black hole

Are the abilities based on some type of magic or a natural skill?

Can they choose their calling or are they born with one?

What happens if they are unhappy with their calling and or abilities?

Do they have a ranking system, or any conflicts between elements?

Do they have only special wolves that can move the sun and moon or do they need the entire nation to have them set and rise?

Do their fur colors and markings reflect their element?

What made the wolves become what they are?

How are the cursed wolves treated by society? Do they have abnormal abilities or none at all?

How many characters have you made so far?

ImMJGPh.pngG1's for Sale
@Temere Oooh I love your ideas!!
As far as characters I've made probably over 100 haha. But most of them only show on the book as background characters. Their fur color is independent of their ranks and Callings. But their eye color does change based on the role they're given.
Cursed wolves like my main character, Silaluke are given no Calling or powers and are placed in Omega status.

Callings are given at a certain age by the Supreme Alpha. They won't know their official ranking until they complete flight training and are old enough. That's generally between 8-10 months of age. They go under training and become an official member of the Nation once they are about a year and a half old and have been training for 6 months.
And Callings/powers can be magical or more natural like enhanced hearing or sight.

No wolf has been known to be unhappy with their Calling because the Supreme Alpha pair choose so carefully. (I am toying with the idea of wolves being unhappy for the first time in history with their Callings. That would certainly make things intense and more complex)
@Temere Oooh I love your ideas!!
As far as characters I've made probably over 100 haha. But most of them only show on the book as background characters. Their fur color is independent of their ranks and Callings. But their eye color does change based on the role they're given.
Cursed wolves like my main character, Silaluke are given no Calling or powers and are placed in Omega status.

Callings are given at a certain age by the Supreme Alpha. They won't know their official ranking until they complete flight training and are old enough. That's generally between 8-10 months of age. They go under training and become an official member of the Nation once they are about a year and a half old and have been training for 6 months.
And Callings/powers can be magical or more natural like enhanced hearing or sight.

No wolf has been known to be unhappy with their Calling because the Supreme Alpha pair choose so carefully. (I am toying with the idea of wolves being unhappy for the first time in history with their Callings. That would certainly make things intense and more complex)
ryvAmhs.png
Um, I thought of a random idea but it’s probably trash; you don’t have to like it ahaha

In lots of mythologies, the sun is connected to life (and in reality we’d all be happy little skeletons without it). So, assuming the world this takes place in/around is a sphere, and the orbits work roughly the same as they do here, the wolf controlling the sun would also have a significant control over the life on the planet. Additionally, in ancient Egyptian Mythology, when the sun set they believed it travelled through the underworld and battled malignant spirits—is there an underworld/what’s the concept of death? Do the wolves control everything that happens on that world, or is it just a few things? Maybe mortals on that earth (I don’t even know if they exist, or what that’s like) worship the wolves as deities. Since you mentioned a dark threat in the video, in my brain I immediately connected that to the sun thing mentioned earlier. And then I linked it to the fact that Silaluke is blind. Then I connected that to the animated eye at the end, and how it was glowing, as if producing a new light after the death of the sun. What if she is the literal embodiment of the sun? Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch. Anyway, I’m not quite sure where I was going with all that; it sounded better in my head.

Good luck with the book! I’m an aspiring author as well, so I wish you the best of luck! This is a brilliant and unique idea <3
Um, I thought of a random idea but it’s probably trash; you don’t have to like it ahaha

In lots of mythologies, the sun is connected to life (and in reality we’d all be happy little skeletons without it). So, assuming the world this takes place in/around is a sphere, and the orbits work roughly the same as they do here, the wolf controlling the sun would also have a significant control over the life on the planet. Additionally, in ancient Egyptian Mythology, when the sun set they believed it travelled through the underworld and battled malignant spirits—is there an underworld/what’s the concept of death? Do the wolves control everything that happens on that world, or is it just a few things? Maybe mortals on that earth (I don’t even know if they exist, or what that’s like) worship the wolves as deities. Since you mentioned a dark threat in the video, in my brain I immediately connected that to the sun thing mentioned earlier. And then I linked it to the fact that Silaluke is blind. Then I connected that to the animated eye at the end, and how it was glowing, as if producing a new light after the death of the sun. What if she is the literal embodiment of the sun? Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch. Anyway, I’m not quite sure where I was going with all that; it sounded better in my head.

Good luck with the book! I’m an aspiring author as well, so I wish you the best of luck! This is a brilliant and unique idea <3
_ tumblr_otm70jTCUY1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
"abandon all hope; ye who enter here."
anthony | he/she/they | FR+3
code / imgs & gif
tumblr_otm5qr533e1v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.png