Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Search [pinkerlocke]
[center][size=4][i]The Pack was always known as a ruthless band of mirrors roaming the scarred wasteland doing anything and everything they needed to do to survive. Led by a cruel queen, Rib, and her young son Moray, The Pack stayed in power for centuries. Eventually, Moray saw through his mother's cruel ways; he killed her in a fit of rage and seized power. He leads with power and authority yet gentleness and kindness. Under a new name, Harm's Way has continued to be a force to be reckoned with despite the loss of the bloodthirsty leader. Now a clan bustling with activity and diversity, things seemingly couldn't get better! That is, until a horrible plague strikes.[/i][/size] [/center] [center] -----[/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=201385][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/675060922489896961/763842323070582814/decay.png[/img][/url][/center] [center] [u][b]Archive[/b][/u][/center] [LIST=I] [*] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953/1#post_2917953]Intro[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953#post_44897451]Rules[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953#post_44897521]Dragons[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953/1#post_44898426]Prologue[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953#post_44912429] Day 1: Bitter joins the team[/url] [*] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953/1#post_44924091]Day 2: Discovery[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2917953/1#post_45688767]Day 3: Sleeptalk[/url] [/LIST]
The Pack was always known as a ruthless band of mirrors roaming the scarred wasteland doing anything and everything they needed to do to survive. Led by a cruel queen, Rib, and her young son Moray, The Pack stayed in power for centuries. Eventually, Moray saw through his mother's cruel ways; he killed her in a fit of rage and seized power. He leads with power and authority yet gentleness and kindness. Under a new name, Harm's Way has continued to be a force to be reckoned with despite the loss of the bloodthirsty leader. Now a clan bustling with activity and diversity, things seemingly couldn't get better! That is, until a horrible plague strikes.

decay.png
Archive
  1. Intro
  2. Rules
  3. Dragons
  4. Prologue
  5. Day 1: Bitter joins the team
  6. Day 2: Discovery
  7. Day 3: Sleeptalk
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Rules
  • If a dragon dies in the coliseum, they must be exalted
  • Loot from coliseum will sometimes be acknowledged in writing, but otherwise irrelevant. Gathering loot is irrelevant
  • There are no rules regarding familiars and apparel, apply them as I wish
  • All activity corresponds with pinkerton loot.
    1. Plants = 10-20 matches
    2. Insects = 20-30 matches
    3. Seafood = 30-40 matches
    4. Meat = 40-50 matches
    5. Materials = artwork
    6. Trinkets = writing
    7. Familiar= buy a new dragon to participate
    8. Apparel= music
    9. Battle items= coinflip for peaceful day/deathstreak
  • Will be playing on a hybrid of easy and hardmode
Rules
  • If a dragon dies in the coliseum, they must be exalted
  • Loot from coliseum will sometimes be acknowledged in writing, but otherwise irrelevant. Gathering loot is irrelevant
  • There are no rules regarding familiars and apparel, apply them as I wish
  • All activity corresponds with pinkerton loot.
    1. Plants = 10-20 matches
    2. Insects = 20-30 matches
    3. Seafood = 30-40 matches
    4. Meat = 40-50 matches
    5. Materials = artwork
    6. Trinkets = writing
    7. Familiar= buy a new dragon to participate
    8. Apparel= music
    9. Battle items= coinflip for peaceful day/deathstreak
  • Will be playing on a hybrid of easy and hardmode
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[center][u][b]Dragons[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26235287][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/262353/26235287_350.png[/img][/url] [center][b]Hide[/b][/center] A large, no nonsense, stoic dragon and one of the oldest in Harm's Way. He is Decay's mentor, and was in charge of training them when they were chosen. He ultimately decided to join them on the search because he cares very much for them. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49323168][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493232/49323168_350.png[/img][/url] [u][b]Decay[/b][/u] A serious yet outgoing young dragon. Decay was hatched with a magic spark inside and therefore chosen as a hatchling to set out in search of a new home for Harm's Way. Years of training and teaching from their mentor, Hide, has prepared them for this journey. [/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64287906][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/642880/64287906_350.png[/img][/url] [b][u]Bitter[/u][/b] A tiny little coatl, not yet fully grown. Bitter is an energetic whirlwind of a dragon, passionate about the search and willing to do whatever it takes to help his companions. He is due for some serious training before he can really start to fight alongside Decay and Hide, but luckily he is ready for anything.[/center]
Dragons
26235287_350.png
Hide
A large, no nonsense, stoic dragon and one of the oldest in Harm's Way. He is Decay's mentor, and was in charge of training them when they were chosen. He ultimately decided to join them on the search because he cares very much for them.

49323168_350.png
Decay
A serious yet outgoing young dragon. Decay was hatched with a magic spark inside and therefore chosen as a hatchling to set out in search of a new home for Harm's Way. Years of training and teaching from their mentor, Hide, has prepared them for this journey.
64287906_350.png
Bitter
A tiny little coatl, not yet fully grown. Bitter is an energetic whirlwind of a dragon, passionate about the search and willing to do whatever it takes to help his companions. He is due for some serious training before he can really start to fight alongside Decay and Hide, but luckily he is ready for anything.
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Prologue
Decay gently ran their talons over their cheek fins, a nervous habit of theirs. The sound of clicking claws could be heard as they paced back and forth surveying their various bags and satchels.

"Is it necessary to check again? I believe the last four times you checked were sufficient enough." the rumbling voice of the massive looming ridgeback echoed throughout the quiet cave.

"I just want to be sure, you know what its like out there, Hide! We cant afford to leave any supplies behind!" the fretting guardian squeaked, touching their cheeks again. "Let's see... the preserved meat is here, the potions are all labeled and packed, herbs in this pouch, armor here..." they trailed off thoughtfully. Clanking armor banged together as Hide began picking up his shoulder piece from the pile.

"We should be getting dressed by now, we have to go soon."

"You're right... I Can't believe it's time already. I mean what if we don't make it? What if we never find a new home for Harm's Way? What if we DIE out there? What if we get separated, what if we run out of food, WHAT IF-"

"It will be okay, Decay, we've been training for this for years. We will survive."

Decay only sighed at this, beginning to pick out their own armor. The only sound breaking the silence was shuffling fabric and metal clangs, but all the tension of the unsaid what ifs could be felt in the air.

"Are you two ready?" a new voice quietly rang out. It was Moray, their leader. Moray was a lot smaller than the two but raw plague power seethed in his veins all the way to his clawtips, emanating power.

"Nearly so, we've made sure we have all of our belongings ready for travel. I guess now we just have to... yknow.. say our goodbyes to the clan."

Moray nodded solemnly, moving out of their way as they exited the cave. The entire clan seemed to halt as the two stepped out, bags in tow.

"ahem. As you all know, me and Hide are leaving today in search of our new home!" Decay spoke in a somewhat shaky voice. "We will find somewhere safe for us, free of this horrible epidemic! We will be free! For Harm's Way!!" Decay shouted. The clan roared encouragingly in response.

Hide nodded approvingly at his apprentice, his gaze sweeping out over his clanmates. "We shall send our signal as well as our coordinates once we have found somewhere suitable for the clan. We aren't sure how long this will take or where we will end up. Be prepared for any sort of travel."

The two crawled out of the entrance to the lair. Decay took one last look at their beloved clanmates, sighing nervously.

Gently placing their bird mask upon their face, Decay stood tall, shaking off the last remnants of fear.

"C'mon Hide, let's go."
Prologue
Decay gently ran their talons over their cheek fins, a nervous habit of theirs. The sound of clicking claws could be heard as they paced back and forth surveying their various bags and satchels.

"Is it necessary to check again? I believe the last four times you checked were sufficient enough." the rumbling voice of the massive looming ridgeback echoed throughout the quiet cave.

"I just want to be sure, you know what its like out there, Hide! We cant afford to leave any supplies behind!" the fretting guardian squeaked, touching their cheeks again. "Let's see... the preserved meat is here, the potions are all labeled and packed, herbs in this pouch, armor here..." they trailed off thoughtfully. Clanking armor banged together as Hide began picking up his shoulder piece from the pile.

"We should be getting dressed by now, we have to go soon."

"You're right... I Can't believe it's time already. I mean what if we don't make it? What if we never find a new home for Harm's Way? What if we DIE out there? What if we get separated, what if we run out of food, WHAT IF-"

"It will be okay, Decay, we've been training for this for years. We will survive."

Decay only sighed at this, beginning to pick out their own armor. The only sound breaking the silence was shuffling fabric and metal clangs, but all the tension of the unsaid what ifs could be felt in the air.

"Are you two ready?" a new voice quietly rang out. It was Moray, their leader. Moray was a lot smaller than the two but raw plague power seethed in his veins all the way to his clawtips, emanating power.

"Nearly so, we've made sure we have all of our belongings ready for travel. I guess now we just have to... yknow.. say our goodbyes to the clan."

Moray nodded solemnly, moving out of their way as they exited the cave. The entire clan seemed to halt as the two stepped out, bags in tow.

"ahem. As you all know, me and Hide are leaving today in search of our new home!" Decay spoke in a somewhat shaky voice. "We will find somewhere safe for us, free of this horrible epidemic! We will be free! For Harm's Way!!" Decay shouted. The clan roared encouragingly in response.

Hide nodded approvingly at his apprentice, his gaze sweeping out over his clanmates. "We shall send our signal as well as our coordinates once we have found somewhere suitable for the clan. We aren't sure how long this will take or where we will end up. Be prepared for any sort of travel."

The two crawled out of the entrance to the lair. Decay took one last look at their beloved clanmates, sighing nervously.

Gently placing their bird mask upon their face, Decay stood tall, shaking off the last remnants of fear.

"C'mon Hide, let's go."
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[center][b][u][size=7]Day 1[/size][/u][/b][/center] [center][item=fungalhoof qiriq][/center] [center] The dusty, arid wasteland stretched onward for hundreds of barren miles. Two dragons trudging along were the only sign of life in any direction, except.... "Did you hear that?" Decay said nervously while looking around in every direction. "I'm afraid so. We are being followed" Hide murmured, coming to a wary halt. "Show yourselves!" A tiny hatchling stumbled sheepishly into the open, previously having been hidden behind a rock. "Hello!!!" The tiny coatl was waving his little hands enthusiastically. "Mama and Pops were talking about you guys going out on a dangerous mission and I thought maybe I could come help and keep you guys safe!! I'm really good at breathing fire!!" he puffed out a tiny plume of smoke for emphasis Hide and Decay looked at each other very exasperatedly. "We have to take him back." "We can't, there isn't time." "Well we can't just bring a hatchling along! its way too dangerous!!" The two adults ignored the indignant squeak claiming to be powerful enough to survive. "Look, we have no choice but to bring him along. He is tiny enough that we can keep him safe and secure on our backs. We can't afford to lose time. At least this way he has a [i]chance[/i] of surviving, rather than being trapped within that plague riddled hole with the others." Decay hummed thoughtfully, know Hide usually didnt speak so much so he must be serious. "Well... I suppose you're right..." Decay brushed their cheek fins fretfully, "Alright little one, you can come with us. But please stay out of trouble." The tiny little Coatl ran in a little circle and cheered, oblivious to what was to come. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64287906][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/642880/64287906_350.png[/img][/url] Bitter has joined the team[/center]
Day 1
Fungalhoof Qiriq
The dusty, arid wasteland stretched onward for hundreds of barren miles. Two dragons trudging along were the only sign of life in any direction, except....

"Did you hear that?" Decay said nervously while looking around in every direction.

"I'm afraid so. We are being followed" Hide murmured, coming to a wary halt.

"Show yourselves!"

A tiny hatchling stumbled sheepishly into the open, previously having been hidden behind a rock.

"Hello!!!" The tiny coatl was waving his little hands enthusiastically. "Mama and Pops were talking about you guys going out on a dangerous mission and I thought maybe I could come help and keep you guys safe!! I'm really good at breathing fire!!" he puffed out a tiny plume of smoke for emphasis

Hide and Decay looked at each other very exasperatedly.

"We have to take him back."

"We can't, there isn't time."

"Well we can't just bring a hatchling along! its way too dangerous!!"

The two adults ignored the indignant squeak claiming to be powerful enough to survive.

"Look, we have no choice but to bring him along. He is tiny enough that we can keep him safe and secure on our backs. We can't afford to lose time. At least this way he has a chance of surviving, rather than being trapped within that plague riddled hole with the others."

Decay hummed thoughtfully, know Hide usually didnt speak so much so he must be serious.

"Well... I suppose you're right..." Decay brushed their cheek fins fretfully, "Alright little one, you can come with us. But please stay out of trouble."

The tiny little Coatl ran in a little circle and cheered, oblivious to what was to come.

64287906_350.png
Bitter has joined the team
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[center][u][b][size=7] Day 2 [/size][/b][/u][/center] [center][item=bilworper pinion][/center] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408756899043868683/764725892991549451/bitterbabie.png[/img][/center]
Day 2
Bilworper Pinion
bitterbabie.png
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[center][size=7][u][b]Day 3[/b][/u][/size] [item=garden lace][/center] [center]For days they walked onwards; they trekked over the harsh landscape filled with spurs of bone and sharp rocks as well as some... questionably sticky patches. Bitter was currently nestled upon Hide's back, half buried in the fur and feathers of his armor. Bitter has the cutest habit of talking in his sleep. The two much larger dragons couldn't help but grin at each other at the sound of the tiny coatl mumbling about saving the day with his "awesome fire breath" and every soft cheer of victory made this journey with seemingly no end feel just a bit easier. They will never regret bringing young Bitter with them.[/center]
Day 3
Garden Lace
For days they walked onwards; they trekked over the harsh landscape filled with spurs of bone and sharp rocks as well as some... questionably sticky patches.

Bitter was currently nestled upon Hide's back, half buried in the fur and feathers of his armor. Bitter has the cutest habit of talking in his sleep. The two much larger dragons couldn't help but grin at each other at the sound of the tiny coatl mumbling about saving the day with his "awesome fire breath" and every soft cheer of victory made this journey with seemingly no end feel just a bit easier.

They will never regret bringing young Bitter with them.
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[center][size=7][u][b]Day 4[/b][/u][/size] [item= aer phantom][/center] [center]Panting. Rapid footsteps. Shrieks of terror. Decay's head snapped up, looking around frantically with eyes still bleary from sleep. The cries for help they heard in their dream were still echoing in their head... or was it.. "HIDE!" Decay slapped her tail against his leg to wake him before she dashed outside to search for the source of the noise. An orange pearlcatcher was sprinting in an erratic line yelping and hollering for help. What on Sornieth was she running from? [i]oh.[/i] a massive undying featherback was charging after her, a snarling and spiky mass of feathers and bones just barreling after the poor dragon. It was easily twice her size. Decay was much, much bigger though. They roared and took off after the boar. The battle was pretty short, a few well aimed blasts of fire and some threatening slashes from Hides massive claws and the featherback was dead. "Wow! You guys sure saved my hide, I can't thank you enough!! My name is Lizotte." She was grinning widely at them. "My name is Decay, and this is Hide. The little one's name is Bitter." they gestured towards the tiny dragon poking his head out of the makeshift den. "What are you doing out here alone?" "Well, the last clan I was with didn't really seem to have a place for me. I just kinda existed and I honestly doubt anyone even noticed I left. I thought maybe finding a better place for myself would be smart but I uhh.. underestimated this place a little hehe..." they trailed off "Where are you three heading to?" "We are on a journey looking for somewhere" Hide said carefully, not revealing too much to this strange dragon. "Oh! Neato!! Can I come with you? I'd totally be an asset! I swear I'm better at other things besides fighting!" [/center] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64731789][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/647318/64731789_350.png[/img][/url] Lizotte has joined the team[/center]
Day 4
Aer Phantom
Panting. Rapid footsteps. Shrieks of terror.

Decay's head snapped up, looking around frantically with eyes still bleary from sleep. The cries for help they heard in their dream were still echoing in their head... or was it..

"HIDE!" Decay slapped her tail against his leg to wake him before she dashed outside to search for the source of the noise. An orange pearlcatcher was sprinting in an erratic line yelping and hollering for help. What on Sornieth was she running from?

oh. a massive undying featherback was charging after her, a snarling and spiky mass of feathers and bones just barreling after the poor dragon. It was easily twice her size. Decay was much, much bigger though. They roared and took off after the boar.

The battle was pretty short, a few well aimed blasts of fire and some threatening slashes from Hides massive claws and the featherback was dead.

"Wow! You guys sure saved my hide, I can't thank you enough!! My name is Lizotte." She was grinning widely at them.

"My name is Decay, and this is Hide. The little one's name is Bitter." they gestured towards the tiny dragon poking his head out of the makeshift den. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"Well, the last clan I was with didn't really seem to have a place for me. I just kinda existed and I honestly doubt anyone even noticed I left. I thought maybe finding a better place for myself would be smart but I uhh.. underestimated this place a little hehe..." they trailed off "Where are you three heading to?"

"We are on a journey looking for somewhere" Hide said carefully, not revealing too much to this strange dragon.

"Oh! Neato!! Can I come with you? I'd totally be an asset! I swear I'm better at other things besides fighting!"
64731789_350.png
Lizotte has joined the team
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif