Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Old]Music Feedback 'n Collection Thread
1 2 3 4
@corvidus
Shop link is HERE.

Thanks for giving me advice since I can re-word stuff to be what I intended.
@corvidus
Shop link is HERE.

Thanks for giving me advice since I can re-word stuff to be what I intended.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
@pyereciae2788
looks good! the only thing I'd change is pricing for the custom compositions. customers will generally want to know up front how much they'll have to pay, especially if the payment's in real money. I'd recommend putting a base or average price there, and mentioning that there might be extra costs if you might need to adjust the price upwards in some cases. it's usually best to settle on a final price very early on in discussion - springing the price on the commissioner at the end is generally poor etiquette.

oh, and it might be helpful to have a little line in the intro summarising the shop! something to the effect of "this is my music shop, I'll be selling mp3 downloads of my original compositions as well as offering custom pieces", just so people know straight away what the shop's about. hope that helps, and good luck with it! :)
@pyereciae2788
looks good! the only thing I'd change is pricing for the custom compositions. customers will generally want to know up front how much they'll have to pay, especially if the payment's in real money. I'd recommend putting a base or average price there, and mentioning that there might be extra costs if you might need to adjust the price upwards in some cases. it's usually best to settle on a final price very early on in discussion - springing the price on the commissioner at the end is generally poor etiquette.

oh, and it might be helpful to have a little line in the intro summarising the shop! something to the effect of "this is my music shop, I'll be selling mp3 downloads of my original compositions as well as offering custom pieces", just so people know straight away what the shop's about. hope that helps, and good luck with it! :)
XfL644W.png
WhPZGJa.png
@corvidus
Thanks! I spent so much time putting it together, I hadn't had a chance to name my prices. I'll be doing that today~

Ooh, cool. I'll add that (a short intro) before I open.

Edit: Added prices and a short intro. Could you check is those make sense...?
@corvidus
Thanks! I spent so much time putting it together, I hadn't had a chance to name my prices. I'll be doing that today~

Ooh, cool. I'll add that (a short intro) before I open.

Edit: Added prices and a short intro. Could you check is those make sense...?
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Were you looking for feedback on the compositions themselves?
Were you looking for feedback on the compositions themselves?
Qboauiw.pngjA5A7gu.png
I give away hatchlings from my G1 Imperial DrakkaLuna. See my profile or message me for more info.
104867p.png
@DragoneerIrako
Hi. And yes, that's correct.
@DragoneerIrako
Hi. And yes, that's correct.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I'm not an expert by any means. I only spent a year in college studying music and my feedback is based more on what I like to listen to more than any musical theory knowledge.

Desolate Drijvend Diamanti
  • Bars 21-32: I liked the tension that was building up with the tremolos on the bass line, but then you switched back to glissando-y chords on bar 33 and the tension felt unfulfilled there.
  • Bars 49 - 72: Couldn't figure out the purpose of this section. I think it could be cut completely or shorten it so you're not repeating phrases on the bass line twice. Maintain the pattern you'd started already with previous chords and whatnot.
  • Bars 93-101: Too discordant and meandering for my taste. It doesn't feel like any melody is developing and doesn't fit with the idea of a hopelessly drifting diamond.
  • Pages 3 and 4 have some cool musical phrases, but don't come across as very coherent overall. I got bored by the repetition of upperhand notes.

Glacé Ghiacciato Geheim - Piano
  • I really enjoy 9/8 time.
  • The random scale starting at bar 123 was really jarring.
  • Overall, much tighter than Desolate Drijvend Diamanti, but based on those two compositions, it seems like you're quite fond of repetition. It's okay for a little bit to achieve a particular effect, but as a listener, it gets boring.

I'll listen to the others later.
I'm not an expert by any means. I only spent a year in college studying music and my feedback is based more on what I like to listen to more than any musical theory knowledge.

Desolate Drijvend Diamanti
  • Bars 21-32: I liked the tension that was building up with the tremolos on the bass line, but then you switched back to glissando-y chords on bar 33 and the tension felt unfulfilled there.
  • Bars 49 - 72: Couldn't figure out the purpose of this section. I think it could be cut completely or shorten it so you're not repeating phrases on the bass line twice. Maintain the pattern you'd started already with previous chords and whatnot.
  • Bars 93-101: Too discordant and meandering for my taste. It doesn't feel like any melody is developing and doesn't fit with the idea of a hopelessly drifting diamond.
  • Pages 3 and 4 have some cool musical phrases, but don't come across as very coherent overall. I got bored by the repetition of upperhand notes.

Glacé Ghiacciato Geheim - Piano
  • I really enjoy 9/8 time.
  • The random scale starting at bar 123 was really jarring.
  • Overall, much tighter than Desolate Drijvend Diamanti, but based on those two compositions, it seems like you're quite fond of repetition. It's okay for a little bit to achieve a particular effect, but as a listener, it gets boring.

I'll listen to the others later.
Qboauiw.pngjA5A7gu.png
I give away hatchlings from my G1 Imperial DrakkaLuna. See my profile or message me for more info.
104867p.png
@DragoneerIrako
Thanks. I've been trying out new techniques, and well, these are more like experiemental pieces since I recently started composing. I try to keep the music fluid, though I often end up repeating parts or doing something random.

The titles are named after I finish composing, and I tend to title based on sound. Some titles don't resemble the piece exactly, though it's pretty hard to give sound to something like glitter or reflections.
@DragoneerIrako
Thanks. I've been trying out new techniques, and well, these are more like experiemental pieces since I recently started composing. I try to keep the music fluid, though I often end up repeating parts or doing something random.

The titles are named after I finish composing, and I tend to title based on sound. Some titles don't resemble the piece exactly, though it's pretty hard to give sound to something like glitter or reflections.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
@pyereciae2788 yep, that all seems clear! [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
@pyereciae2788
yep, that all seems clear!
XfL644W.png
WhPZGJa.png
Update: The piano version of "Subaquesmic Lumirklence" has been added.

It's much different that all the ones I've written so far because no two measures/bars look alike (or are identical).
Update: The piano version of "Subaquesmic Lumirklence" has been added.

It's much different that all the ones I've written so far because no two measures/bars look alike (or are identical).
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
mini-bump
mini-bump
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
1 2 3 4