Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Paladingineer's Bio Resource Megadump
1 2 3 4 5
May I be added to the pinglist? I will also add a code so I can find it later when making bios.

Code-resource-search
May I be added to the pinglist? I will also add a code so I can find it later when making bios.

Code-resource-search
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
Leaving a mark to myself. These are beautiful!
@Juulika
Leaving a mark to myself. These are beautiful!
@Juulika
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
oh my gods, these are amazing. I have a question about these edits (I apologise if I missed it) but what sort of program do you use for this and how exactly are these assets recoloured. I myself have messed around with hue shifts, values, curves and whatnot but I could never figure out how to make custom colour edits. Is it like...a clip mask or something like that? I don't know what it's called.

Anyway, if you can help, I'll be forever grateful
oh my gods, these are amazing. I have a question about these edits (I apologise if I missed it) but what sort of program do you use for this and how exactly are these assets recoloured. I myself have messed around with hue shifts, values, curves and whatnot but I could never figure out how to make custom colour edits. Is it like...a clip mask or something like that? I don't know what it's called.

Anyway, if you can help, I'll be forever grateful
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron

I believe this tutorial could help. :)
@Natron

I believe this tutorial could help. :)
QOa8y4D.png V I V A R I U M | They/It
"Venator dolu, vi sentire mal, sento doles."
- FAQ & Wishlist
- [S] Lair Purge (NEW!)
- [S] UMAs
@gladiolusxi OH SNAP, thank you so much! Now I just need to see whether I can do the same in Krita because I do not have Photoshop anymore, unfortunately jghkdg
@gladiolusxi OH SNAP, thank you so much! Now I just need to see whether I can do the same in Krita because I do not have Photoshop anymore, unfortunately jghkdg
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron

You're welcome!

I'm not sure whether or not other programs could do the same since I only use Photoshop, Sorry I could not be of more help in that regard. But hoping you the best of luck! :)
@Natron

You're welcome!

I'm not sure whether or not other programs could do the same since I only use Photoshop, Sorry I could not be of more help in that regard. But hoping you the best of luck! :)
QOa8y4D.png V I V A R I U M | They/It
"Venator dolu, vi sentire mal, sento doles."
- FAQ & Wishlist
- [S] Lair Purge (NEW!)
- [S] UMAs
@Natron
I use Ye Olde Photoshop CS4, but not the method shown in the tutorial that @GladiolusXI linked.

I mostly use a combination of Hue/Saturation, Levels, Variations, and Replace Color. Often multiple uses of each (e.g. hue/saturation to set the basic color, replace color to adjust shadows or details, variations to fine-tune the overall color, replace color again to adjust some more details, and so on).
Sometimes this involves cutting pieces out and working with them on separate layers (e.g. having metal on one layer and gems on another), sometimes it involves careful use of the selection tool. Sometimes I even manually paint details from scratch with the paintbrush.
Layer effects like multiply and color do see some occasional use, but I use them more often for special effects (e.g. sparkles and glows) than for straight recolors.

That said, it's highly likely that my methodology is extremely inefficient. I never had any formal training in digital art; my methods grew organically out of individual discoveries I've made over the course of a lifetime spent faffing about with photoshop.
@Natron
I use Ye Olde Photoshop CS4, but not the method shown in the tutorial that @GladiolusXI linked.

I mostly use a combination of Hue/Saturation, Levels, Variations, and Replace Color. Often multiple uses of each (e.g. hue/saturation to set the basic color, replace color to adjust shadows or details, variations to fine-tune the overall color, replace color again to adjust some more details, and so on).
Sometimes this involves cutting pieces out and working with them on separate layers (e.g. having metal on one layer and gems on another), sometimes it involves careful use of the selection tool. Sometimes I even manually paint details from scratch with the paintbrush.
Layer effects like multiply and color do see some occasional use, but I use them more often for special effects (e.g. sparkles and glows) than for straight recolors.

That said, it's highly likely that my methodology is extremely inefficient. I never had any formal training in digital art; my methods grew organically out of individual discoveries I've made over the course of a lifetime spent faffing about with photoshop.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
yeah that's it, that's exactly it, oh my god :ashamed: I sometimes go and edit literal individual pixels so I understand what you mean. I also have no professional education in art, all I've ever done and achieved was specifically through my own discovery ghkjdhggd

STILL, thank you for these little tips, that still helps immensely.
yeah that's it, that's exactly it, oh my god :ashamed: I sometimes go and edit literal individual pixels so I understand what you mean. I also have no professional education in art, all I've ever done and achieved was specifically through my own discovery ghkjdhggd

STILL, thank you for these little tips, that still helps immensely.
hot DAMN your resources are spicy nice. and your bio layouts on your dragons are smoking hot too!!
please put me on your general pinglist! I'd love to see anymore that you may produce c:
hot DAMN your resources are spicy nice. and your bio layouts on your dragons are smoking hot too!!
please put me on your general pinglist! I'd love to see anymore that you may produce c:
3n8t2NZ.png tANH62X.png "Hey guys, check out this little tree we found!
Wait... Not all at once!!"

Banner Art Shop, x
Formerly BeingOfNature
---
LIGHTNING BUG MASTERLIST
BUG MASTERDRAGON [Joints Incl.]
logo_100.png
I know this might be an old thread from 2020 but i want to let you know i'm gonna be using some of these images for my clan information and/or dragon bios (i'll make sure to link them back), the images are very cool :D
I know this might be an old thread from 2020 but i want to let you know i'm gonna be using some of these images for my clan information and/or dragon bios (i'll make sure to link them back), the images are very cool :D
xpxalNl.gifarcanefull.png2021-09-15-0i1-Kleki.png
1 2 3 4 5