Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | WvP: Joint Necropolis Lore
1 2 3 4
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1jSl7Vg.png[/img] [b][font=Sylfaen][size=7][color=#C20000]W[/color][color=#AC1C04]v[/color][color=#973909]P[/color] [color=#6D7213]L[/color][color=#588E18]o[/color][color=#43AB1C]r[/color][color=#588E18]e[/color] [color=#82550E]H[/color][color=#973909]u[/color][color=#AC1C04]b[/color][/size][/b] [font=Sylfaen][size=4]Navigation: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2880160#post_2880160]Intro[/url] || [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712#post_2879712]Plague’s Choose-your-own Adventure[/url] || [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9MzR20p.png[/img][/center] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [font=Sylfaen][size=4]Welcome to the Wind v. Plague Lore Hub! Here, we’ll be posting the shared exploration between both Wind and Plague’s camps as they venture their way through the Necropolis. This hub will also be where Plaguelings and Windies alike can post their own stories alongside! Do you have any brave explorers, eager scientists, or proud adventurers? Share their tales here! There will also be a little surprise waiting for you at the bottom of each lore piece, so make sure you stay tuned to read about Wind and Plague’s perilous journey through an ancient and (until recently) undisturbed city of the departed... [emoji=plague rune size=1][/font][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SwDFIYq.png[/img][/center] [center][b][font=Sylfaen][size=7][color=#C20000]P[/color][color=#A22A07]i[/color][color=#82550E]n[/color][color=#628015]g[/color][color=#43AB1D]l[/color][color=#628015]i[/color][color=#82550E]s[/color][color=#A22A07]t[/color][/size][/b] [font=Sylfaen][size=4]Kaleran || BreezeFeather || Tynethyne || Finlandia || AzureMoon00 || tigressRising || Ender080 || SirLeafheart || Arkhia || Gathouria || minervamaga || Starwindrider || myriadofstars || moonstrucksmorns || Mudy || tarshaan || Medievalredragon || Katsuji || sockmonkeygerald[/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9MzR20p.png[/img][/center] [center][b][font=Sylfaen][size=7][color=#C20000]C[/color][color=#B31303]r[/color][color=#A52606]e[/color][color=#973909]d[/color][color=#894C0C]i[/color][color=#7B5F0F]t[/color][color=#6D7212]s[/color] [color=#519818]a[/color][color=#42AB1C]n[/color][color=#519818]d[/color] [color=#6D7212]T[/color][color=#7B5F0F]h[/color][color=#894C0C]a[/color][color=#973909]n[/color][color=#A52606]k[/color][color=#B31303]s[/color][/size][/b] [font=Sylfaen][size=4]Dividers and buttons by HeadlessKing Lore by PunchingSolas, Genderquest and Horrorsilk[/size][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1jSl7Vg.png[/img][/center]
1jSl7Vg.png

WvP Lore Hub

Navigation:

Intro || Plague’s Choose-your-own Adventure ||

9MzR20p.png

Welcome to the Wind v. Plague Lore Hub! Here, we’ll be posting the shared exploration between both Wind and Plague’s camps as they venture their way through the Necropolis. This hub will also be where Plaguelings and Windies alike can post their own stories alongside! Do you have any brave explorers, eager scientists, or proud adventurers? Share their tales here!

There will also be a little surprise waiting for you at the bottom of each lore piece, so make sure you stay tuned to read about Wind and Plague’s perilous journey through an ancient and (until recently) undisturbed city of the departed...
SwDFIYq.png
Pinglist

Kaleran || BreezeFeather || Tynethyne || Finlandia || AzureMoon00 || tigressRising || Ender080 || SirLeafheart || Arkhia || Gathouria || minervamaga || Starwindrider || myriadofstars || moonstrucksmorns || Mudy || tarshaan || Medievalredragon || Katsuji || sockmonkeygerald
9MzR20p.png
Credits and Thanks

Dividers and buttons by HeadlessKing

Lore by PunchingSolas, Genderquest and Horrorsilk

1jSl7Vg.png
â™”Lore Shop

â™”Bio Templates

â™”What does your username mean?
_________________________________ Wind Council
Wind Foddart
Wind's Okayest Exalter
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1jSl7Vg.png[/img] [b][font=Sylfaen][size=7][color=#C20000]D[/color][color=#B31303]a[/color][color=#A52606]y[/color] [color=#894C0C]O[/color][color=#7B5F0F]n[/color][color=#6D7212]e[/color][color=#5F8515]:[/color] [color=#42AB1C]D[/color][color=#519818]o[/color][color=#5F8515]w[/color][color=#6D7212]n[/color] [color=#894C0C]W[/color][color=#973909]e[/color] [color=#B31303]G[/color][color=#C20002]o[/color][/size][/b][center] [size=1]@Kaleran || @BreezeFeather[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/mcpmJtG.png[/img][/center] [font=Sylfaen][size=4]The forest brimmed with undisturbed life. Chirrups overhead of idle birds adorned the sturdy branches, the high canopy above trembled in the passing winds. The quick swipe of talons batted off the approach of insects and an accompanying grunt expressed the displeasure of the dragon passing through. Behind them trekked a small cluster of explorers, a collective of those intrigued by the discovery of a possible Necropolis. Rumour across Sornieth took many of the more curious-natured by storm, and while the vast majority found themselves cautious of such a place existing, the opportunity to find it proved too wondrous for others to ignore. Fallen twigs snapped underfoot. Two camps from the neighbouring lands, one of Wind and one of Plague, peregrinating together. The groups conversed, the swell of conversation taking moments of extended pause the deeper in they travelled. The sunlight’s mottled and shivering beams grew fewer and further apart, until the thick canopy denied the light entirely, staining all underneath in its rich viridian hue. The birds no longer chirruped. A quiet descended and with it brought forth a low and unpleasant moaning spurred by wind. Long ears lifted and heads turned, one among the group looked back to notice a pathlessness, and a route they did not recognise. “It’s closed off,” A dragon lost their tone of voice, creaking out a somewhat concerned mutter. “Well,” Another championed a hearty laugh to lift the mood. “No turning back, now!” A mixture of apprehension and determination hung between the two camps. They continued, devoid of a choice to turn back but growing in their excitement. The forest’s twists and turns started to morph and warp with each glance back. No longer could any map serve them well, the scrolls stuffed haphazardly back into pouches and packs. The conjoined groups took note of moss-laden stones etched with strange and undecipherable inscriptions. Talons carefully pried off the thick film of growing weeds and dying vines. Feet found themselves tugged and snagged on thick roots. A Skydancer turned to regard the two camps and wagged a long, clawed finger. “Now, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, but be careful where you step-!” The Skydancer’s voice caught and a sudden gasp punctuated the utterance, plummeting backward and over the obscured lip of a yawning maw. The flap of frightened wings prompted the Skydancer back to scrambling above the lip, yet the tendril perches of idle vines all but recoiled. The maw released a tremendous groan of wind, and the two groups fell, swallowed by the massive forest maw. All met the frigid blue water below, an individual plopping of dragons that all surfaced and swam for the embankment. Gazes up toward the maw revealed the vines latched across the top, as if taunting the explorers with its reluctance to help. A cavernous opening murmured, made of uneven and jagged stone. The sweet smell of water permeated the sinkhole, and a myriad of small obelisks decorated the rotten pathway up into the black, unlit opening. Above it dangled strange and curious bagworms, drooping in shapes not dissimilar to leaves. The two camp leaders emerged first, and took the initial brave treks forward the path and up along toward the cavern opening. “Could this be…?” One asked, an immaculate anticipation to their voice. “Could this be the Necropolis?” All of the prior mood lifted at once, a fervent revelation brimmed throughout each of the members of both camps, a blend of cheerful chirrups and gleeful cries of surprise reverberated around the pit. They shook off remnant water and marched towards the frightening cavern opening with renewed spirits. The bagworms twitched but paid no further mind to the intrusion. The darkness swallowed the two groups, a perilous nothingness halted their continuation, until at once a ripple sprung forth from deep within the belly of the giant chasm. Fire sprouted in shallow dishes. The path ahead split. Between them sat a large, imposing statue-esque creature borne of jade and ruby. Underneath the frightful dragon heads sat a far less imposing creature, a series of eyes stared up in unblinking stillness. A hushed confusion befell the group, until the little insect wiggled its mandibles, and startled a few of the closer explorers. “Welcome,” It squeaked. For a moment the groups could not believe the thing had spoken, but the bagworm continued unaffected by the stunned silence. “You have entered a most grand Necropolis. Seek you treasure? Seek you adventure? Or simply seek you a way free of this city of the passed? All will be found within.” The paths contained no clues as to their destination. Exhausted from the trip, both Wind’s and Plague’s camp settled for rest, a fire emerging to warm their chilled bodies still damp from the water’s touch. “Shall we take the right path? Or the left?” One dragon asked aloud. A small debate ensued, the two leaders of the camp hushed both parties. “Our camps will part ways here,” Spoke Plague’s leader, tone clear. Murmurs followed, some wrought with concern and others with eagerness. Wind’s leader nodded in agreement. “We will venture on, in order to cover more ground. Markers will be left, and with any luck we will meet again in this enchanting and somewhat mystifying Necropolis!” But no travel could be done for now. The camps nestled for a needed rest, listening to the churning groan of wind within, a strange scent filtering through in wafts. The statue bagworm wiggled about, perched near to the fire and seeking the same slumber as the dragons. A seldom crumble of minute debris plopped miniature stones onto the ground like rain, fabric extended to keep from any heads receiving a few stones to the mane. Despite the bated breath that all carried, the desire to sleep began to wash over them all and soon a comfortable quiet swept over the groups, dotted with the occasional snore of some explorers. The bagworm watched, and the twin statues upon its sturdy body watched alongside the little creature, appearing to glow under the illumination of the strange, spectral fire.[/size][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9MzR20p.png[/img] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/M6xBRXP/lore-badge-1-150-DEFAULT.png[/img][center] [code][img]https://i.ibb.co/M6xBRXP/lore-badge-1-150-DEFAULT.png[/img][/code] [size=2][url=https://i.ibb.co/Cwx9wYT/lore-badge-1-100.png]100x version[/url] || [url=https://i.ibb.co/Qmj3QC5/lore-badge-1-250.png]250x version[/url] || [url=https://i.ibb.co/stkftpF/lore-badge-1-500.png]500x version[/url]
1jSl7Vg.png

Day One: Down We Go

@Kaleran || @BreezeFeather
mcpmJtG.png

The forest brimmed with undisturbed life. Chirrups overhead of idle birds adorned the sturdy branches, the high canopy above trembled in the passing winds. The quick swipe of talons batted off the approach of insects and an accompanying grunt expressed the displeasure of the dragon passing through. Behind them trekked a small cluster of explorers, a collective of those intrigued by the discovery of a possible Necropolis. Rumour across Sornieth took many of the more curious-natured by storm, and while the vast majority found themselves cautious of such a place existing, the opportunity to find it proved too wondrous for others to ignore.

Fallen twigs snapped underfoot. Two camps from the neighbouring lands, one of Wind and one of Plague, peregrinating together. The groups conversed, the swell of conversation taking moments of extended pause the deeper in they travelled. The sunlight’s mottled and shivering beams grew fewer and further apart, until the thick canopy denied the light entirely, staining all underneath in its rich viridian hue. The birds no longer chirruped. A quiet descended and with it brought forth a low and unpleasant moaning spurred by wind. Long ears lifted and heads turned, one among the group looked back to notice a pathlessness, and a route they did not recognise.

“It’s closed off,” A dragon lost their tone of voice, creaking out a somewhat concerned mutter.

“Well,” Another championed a hearty laugh to lift the mood. “No turning back, now!”

A mixture of apprehension and determination hung between the two camps. They continued, devoid of a choice to turn back but growing in their excitement. The forest’s twists and turns started to morph and warp with each glance back. No longer could any map serve them well, the scrolls stuffed haphazardly back into pouches and packs.

The conjoined groups took note of moss-laden stones etched with strange and undecipherable inscriptions. Talons carefully pried off the thick film of growing weeds and dying vines. Feet found themselves tugged and snagged on thick roots. A Skydancer turned to regard the two camps and wagged a long, clawed finger.

“Now, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, but be careful where you step-!”

The Skydancer’s voice caught and a sudden gasp punctuated the utterance, plummeting backward and over the obscured lip of a yawning maw. The flap of frightened wings prompted the Skydancer back to scrambling above the lip, yet the tendril perches of idle vines all but recoiled. The maw released a tremendous groan of wind, and the two groups fell, swallowed by the massive forest maw. All met the frigid blue water below, an individual plopping of dragons that all surfaced and swam for the embankment.

Gazes up toward the maw revealed the vines latched across the top, as if taunting the explorers with its reluctance to help. A cavernous opening murmured, made of uneven and jagged stone. The sweet smell of water permeated the sinkhole, and a myriad of small obelisks decorated the rotten pathway up into the black, unlit opening. Above it dangled strange and curious bagworms, drooping in shapes not dissimilar to leaves. The two camp leaders emerged first, and took the initial brave treks forward the path and up along toward the cavern opening.

“Could this be…?” One asked, an immaculate anticipation to their voice. “Could this be the Necropolis?”

All of the prior mood lifted at once, a fervent revelation brimmed throughout each of the members of both camps, a blend of cheerful chirrups and gleeful cries of surprise reverberated around the pit. They shook off remnant water and marched towards the frightening cavern opening with renewed spirits. The bagworms twitched but paid no further mind to the intrusion. The darkness swallowed the two groups, a perilous nothingness halted their continuation, until at once a ripple sprung forth from deep within the belly of the giant chasm. Fire sprouted in shallow dishes.

The path ahead split. Between them sat a large, imposing statue-esque creature borne of jade and ruby. Underneath the frightful dragon heads sat a far less imposing creature, a series of eyes stared up in unblinking stillness. A hushed confusion befell the group, until the little insect wiggled its mandibles, and startled a few of the closer explorers.

“Welcome,” It squeaked. For a moment the groups could not believe the thing had spoken, but the bagworm continued unaffected by the stunned silence. “You have entered a most grand Necropolis. Seek you treasure? Seek you adventure? Or simply seek you a way free of this city of the passed? All will be found within.”

The paths contained no clues as to their destination. Exhausted from the trip, both Wind’s and Plague’s camp settled for rest, a fire emerging to warm their chilled bodies still damp from the water’s touch.

“Shall we take the right path? Or the left?” One dragon asked aloud. A small debate ensued, the two leaders of the camp hushed both parties.

“Our camps will part ways here,” Spoke Plague’s leader, tone clear. Murmurs followed, some wrought with concern and others with eagerness. Wind’s leader nodded in agreement.

“We will venture on, in order to cover more ground. Markers will be left, and with any luck we will meet again in this enchanting and somewhat mystifying Necropolis!”

But no travel could be done for now. The camps nestled for a needed rest, listening to the churning groan of wind within, a strange scent filtering through in wafts. The statue bagworm wiggled about, perched near to the fire and seeking the same slumber as the dragons. A seldom crumble of minute debris plopped miniature stones onto the ground like rain, fabric extended to keep from any heads receiving a few stones to the mane. Despite the bated breath that all carried, the desire to sleep began to wash over them all and soon a comfortable quiet swept over the groups, dotted with the occasional snore of some explorers. The bagworm watched, and the twin statues upon its sturdy body watched alongside the little creature, appearing to glow under the illumination of the strange, spectral fire.

9MzR20p.png
lore-badge-1-150-DEFAULT.png
Code:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/M6xBRXP/lore-badge-1-150-DEFAULT.png[/img]
100x version || 250x version || 500x version
â™”Lore Shop

â™”Bio Templates

Wind Foddart
Wind's Okayest Exalter
Is this the right spot to ask to be on the pinglist? If not I can delete this post!
Is this the right spot to ask to be on the pinglist? If not I can delete this post!
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
(I would also like to be added to the pinglist, and will also delete if this isn't the place)
(I would also like to be added to the pinglist, and will also delete if this isn't the place)
usOtooy.png
@BreezeFeather @Kaleran

It is, indeed! C: I've added you both
@BreezeFeather @Kaleran

It is, indeed! C: I've added you both
â™”Lore Shop

â™”Bio Templates

Wind Foddart
Wind's Okayest Exalter
I would love to be added to the pinglist please!
I would love to be added to the pinglist please!

FaCKLHz.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Them FR 0:00
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lore Notebook
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Trading (1:1)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basic to Rare Chall
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifProgenitor Quest
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Clan Lore
throws a poem onto the lore pile Just Because I Can!
also looking forward to seeing what Sornieth makes of the Necropolis!

Awakening

it's not the clatter of a campfire dinner
the song of voices brave against the dark
the flare of shadows in the branches
the surprise of a barely caught fall
the delight in an amazed cry of discovery

rather the soft whispering of
a thousand stones wondering
at the ancient footprints now obliterated
at the patterdust of new feet
at the light and fluster now abroad

patternings of consciousness
slowly, slowly begins the slide
within the lofty pinnacle
towering dreams disturbed,
an eyelid begins to rise--
throws a poem onto the lore pile Just Because I Can!
also looking forward to seeing what Sornieth makes of the Necropolis!

Awakening

it's not the clatter of a campfire dinner
the song of voices brave against the dark
the flare of shadows in the branches
the surprise of a barely caught fall
the delight in an amazed cry of discovery

rather the soft whispering of
a thousand stones wondering
at the ancient footprints now obliterated
at the patterdust of new feet
at the light and fluster now abroad

patternings of consciousness
slowly, slowly begins the slide
within the lofty pinnacle
towering dreams disturbed,
an eyelid begins to rise--
xxz3tnOVC.pngxx tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngxxxx
Pinglist, please.
Pinglist, please.
A blue arcane spiral dragon lying on her side. On her tail she is holding a small flag of Finland and on her hands she is holding a pale wooden sign with text "Pardon me, my English is awful" written on it.
Pinglist!
Pinglist!

Happy Not Thursday
Please add me to the pinglist!
Please add me to the pinglist!
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4