Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [FREE] I'll Give Your Dragon a Lore! :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
you have a LOT of request it looks like so heres a dragon, if you dont write it thats no biggie, i write lore myself its just been a bit since ive looked at my guy here! take care of yourself [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58351154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/583512/58351154_350.png[/img][/url]
you have a LOT of request it looks like so heres a dragon, if you dont write it thats no biggie, i write lore myself its just been a bit since ive looked at my guy here! take care of yourself
58351154_350.png
coming back to flight rising after years away
dani - he/him - agender lesbian
free fodder for nature & plague || icon commissions
@Andraya Hello! Sorry about the long wait, but I have finally finished a backstory for Beruka! <3 (Her halo gave me the impression of a dragon's spirit after it passes away, added on to my grubby self wanting to write sad things today. I'm so sorry if the story is unacceptable, and can perhaps try for another one of your dragons if you're not satisfied! T^T) Hope is a placeholder name, too, so if you desire, feel free to replace it with one of your dragon's names for it to be more cohesive with clan lore! :) Edit: Fixed some formatting issues that were irritating me! ------------------------- [item=Intact Parchment] [item=Celestial Horn] [item=Fisher's Companion] [item=Striated Rock] [item=Banded Olivine] [font=Harrington][i][b]"Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do."[/i] ~Brian Tracy[/b] ------------------------- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=30450&did=2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/spo53ay6wmoqf5k/lighttop2.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Centaur][size=4]The egg's glow was dull from the start. Weak...or, in the Lightweaver's Realm, the worst phrase of them all: [i][b]dim.[/b][/i] Dim-scaled. Dim-spoken... And [b]dim-witted.[/b] Yet despite the foreboding circumstances, the nocturne hatched. She was a miserable little thing to [i]everyone[/i]—onlookers gasped at her gaudy green scales, murmuring that she would never belong; nursery tenders whispered about her horizontal pupils, worrying that she would never see; orators snarled at her subdued squeaks, claiming that she would never speak; scribes scrawled about her twisted talons, stating that she would never write... And perhaps they were correct. Upon a sage's visit, the hatchling was found to have a heart condition. Upon a yet wiser sage's reflection, that condition was going to end her life...in a mere five years. And upon an oracle's vision, both statements were confirmed. Yet even against Fate Herself, one scribe resisted: A modest pearlcatcher by the very fitting name of Hope. And the single phrase she had scrawled on her paper: [i]"Veni, Vidi, Vici." I came, I saw, I conquered.[/i] In her golden gaze, this hatchling—[b]Beruka[/b]—was going to come despised, yet live to be loved. She was going to see their hatred with sorrow, yet conquer their hearts with forgiveness. She was going to bring the change she wanted, and leave...[i]victorious.[/i] [size=6]. . .[/size] Beruka, unlike any other hatchling the elderly pearlcatcher had mentored before, was curious. [b]"If a picture is worth a thousand words, why do I write? Why do [i]we[/i] write?"[/b] "And if it really [i]is[/i] worth a thousand words, why does the [i]phrase[/i] exist rather than a [i]picture[/i] to represent it?" "Did the word 'revenge' come from reversing 'never' and then adding '-ge' to the end? It sure seems like it..." "Are there dragons like us living on the sun? They must be so bright and warm and beautiful..." [b]"...why is my name Beruka? Everyone tells me that it has no meaning."[/b] To this one Hope had an answer. "Of course I named you Beruka. I wouldn't have named you anything else. [b]Don't let the name define you: [/b][b][i]you'll[/i] define the [i]name[/i].[/b]" Beruka, quite noticeably, was moved. "Is that why the word 'era' is scattered within it?" The pearlcatcher dipper her head. "[i]Precisely.[/i] Would you kindly continue your poem now?" The same twisted talons once stated to never write grasped a quill. The same horizontal pupils said to never see narrowed in concentration. The same subdued squeaks said to never speak lightened into a melodious voice that boomed across the cave. The result was blindingly beautiful. [i]"[b]B[/b] olst and jeer, my fellow peer, [b]E[/b] nvy and sneer at whoever is near, [b]R[/b] ush down the halls, your wings flared wide, [b]U[/b] tterly oblivious to how others decide. [b]K[/b] ings and queens and princes in common, [b]A[/b] re judged not on status, but hearts beating within."[/i] There was silence as the pupil blinked expectantly at her mentor. "I tried to incorporate a letter of my name into the start of each line—to define it." Hope shook her head. "You have learned well, young one, but not quite enough. A name is not defined by a single poem, but by the dragon who writes it as a whole. And [i]you,[/i] Beruka, are already proving my point. Though not through this poem alone, you [i]are[/i] defining your own name, my [b]b[/b]rilliant, [b]e[/b]nlightened, [b]r[/b]adiant, [b]u[/b]nique, [b]k[/b]ind, [i][b]a[/b]bsolutely able[/i] student!" The nocturne smiled at her teacher's teasing reference. "Now, you won't stop, won't you? You've promised to write me a satisfactory one, and 'within' just doesn't quite fit with 'common,' does it?" Beruka sheepishly shook her head. Before Hope's words of encouragement could even reach her, the nocturne began to craft another poem. [i]"[b]I[/b] t's been a long few months since of your presence we've been aware. [b]N[/b] ever too slowly, you crawl out of your lair, [b]S[/b] uspicious of winter still lingering in the air. [b]P[/b] ushing your way up grass, mounds, and burrows, [b]I[/b] ce and snow fleeing as you release age-old willows, [b]R[/b] icocheting and weaving your way through the land, [b]A[/b] rdently carving it with a thousand caring hands. [b]T[/b] ill alas by the turn of the seasons you fade, [b]I[/b] nto the heat of a day underlaid. [b]O[/b] nwards and onwards the seasons turn, until with a new light you restrengthen. [b]N[/b] ever too slowly, never too quickly, you summon your strength...and return again."[/i] [size=6]. . .[/size] Unlike the springtime within Beruka's poem, the five years went by quickly. [i]Too[/i] quickly—even though it was destined to happen. Her heart, which had kept beating for her through all the difficulties she had overcome, had failed her...and, as Hope had predicted, the entirety of the Sunbeam Ruins was shaken by her loss. The pearlcatcher turned away from the mound where her pupil's body lay, towards the cave where she had mastered her arts. A lonely shaft of sunlight, illuminating a single piece of parchment—still unfinished. [i]"[b]H[/b] appiness would not exist were it not for you, [b]O[/b] r the accomplishments that I have made, too. [b]P[/b] erhaps I can thank you for your selfless crusade, [b]E[/b] ven though now I can feel my life fade." ~Love, Ber—[/i] She was gone. [i][b]"Are there dragons like us living on the sun? They must be so bright and warm and beautiful..."[/b][/i] A tear trickled down the pearlcatcher's face. Then a few. Then an entire surge, sifting through her scales, drenching the blank sheets of parchment on the floor below her. "I never would have thought in a million years that you were describing [i]yourself[/i] that day." And in the corner, a familiar poem, still pristine despite its age: [i][b]"Onwards and onwards the seasons turn, until with a new light you restrengthen. Never too slowly, never too quickly, you summon your strength...and return again."[/b][/i] Hope crumbled at the lines. Wished the message they carried to be true... and perhaps one day in the future, they would become so. "Sleep well, Beruka. One day, I [i]will[/i] summon my strength. I [i]will[/i] find you... And the times [i]will[/i] return again to the days where we wrote not as mentor and pupil, nor as peers and acquaintances, but as mother and daughter. [b]I miss you.[/b]"[/size][/font] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=30450&did=2177898][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/etypi97g8qkqrii/lightbottom2.png[/img][/url][/center]
@Andraya

Hello! Sorry about the long wait, but I have finally finished a backstory for Beruka! <3

(Her halo gave me the impression of a dragon's spirit after it passes away, added on to my grubby self wanting to write sad things today. I'm so sorry if the story is unacceptable, and can perhaps try for another one of your dragons if you're not satisfied! T^T) Hope is a placeholder name, too, so if you desire, feel free to replace it with one of your dragon's names for it to be more cohesive with clan lore! :)

Edit: Fixed some formatting issues that were irritating me!

Intact Parchment Celestial Horn Fisher's Companion Striated Rock Banded Olivine

"Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do."
~Brian Tracy

lighttop2.png

The egg's glow was dull from the start. Weak...or, in the Lightweaver's Realm, the worst phrase of them all: dim.

Dim-scaled.
Dim-spoken...
And dim-witted.

Yet despite the foreboding circumstances, the nocturne hatched.

She was a miserable little thing to everyone—onlookers gasped at her gaudy green scales, murmuring that she would never belong; nursery tenders whispered about her horizontal pupils, worrying that she would never see; orators snarled at her subdued squeaks, claiming that she would never speak; scribes scrawled about her twisted talons, stating that she would never write...

And perhaps they were correct.

Upon a sage's visit,
the hatchling was found to have a heart condition.

Upon a yet wiser sage's reflection,
that condition was going to end her life...in a mere five years.

And upon an oracle's vision,
both statements were confirmed.

Yet even against Fate Herself, one scribe resisted:
A modest pearlcatcher by the very fitting name of Hope.
And the single phrase she had scrawled on her paper:
"Veni, Vidi, Vici." I came, I saw, I conquered.

In her golden gaze, this hatchling—Beruka—was going to come despised, yet live to be loved.
She was going to see their hatred with sorrow, yet conquer their hearts with forgiveness.
She was going to bring the change she wanted, and leave...victorious.

. . .

Beruka, unlike any other hatchling the elderly pearlcatcher had mentored before, was curious.

"If a picture is worth a thousand words, why do I write? Why do we write?"

"And if it really is worth a thousand words, why does the phrase exist rather than a picture to represent it?"

"Did the word 'revenge' come from reversing 'never' and then adding '-ge' to the end? It sure seems like it..."

"Are there dragons like us living on the sun? They must be so bright and warm and beautiful..."

"...why is my name Beruka? Everyone tells me that it has no meaning."

To this one Hope had an answer.
"Of course I named you Beruka. I wouldn't have named you anything else.
Don't let the name define you: you'll define the name."

Beruka, quite noticeably, was moved.
"Is that why the word 'era' is scattered within it?"

The pearlcatcher dipper her head. "Precisely. Would you kindly continue your poem now?"

The same twisted talons once stated to never write grasped a quill. The same horizontal pupils said to never see narrowed in concentration. The same subdued squeaks said to never speak lightened into a melodious voice that boomed across the cave. The result was blindingly beautiful.

"B olst and jeer, my fellow peer,
E nvy and sneer at whoever is near,
R ush down the halls, your wings flared wide,
U tterly oblivious to how others decide.
K ings and queens and princes in common,
A re judged not on status, but hearts beating within."

There was silence as the pupil blinked expectantly at her mentor.
"I tried to incorporate a letter of my name into the start of each line—to define it."

Hope shook her head. "You have learned well, young one, but not quite enough. A name is not defined by a single poem, but by the dragon who writes it as a whole. And you, Beruka, are already proving my point. Though not through this poem alone, you are defining your own name, my brilliant, enlightened, radiant, unique, kind, absolutely able student!" The nocturne smiled at her teacher's teasing reference.

"Now, you won't stop, won't you? You've promised to write me a satisfactory one, and 'within' just doesn't quite fit with 'common,' does it?" Beruka sheepishly shook her head.

Before Hope's words of encouragement could even reach her, the nocturne began to craft another poem.

"I t's been a long few months since of your presence we've been aware.
N ever too slowly, you crawl out of your lair,
S uspicious of winter still lingering in the air.
P ushing your way up grass, mounds, and burrows,
I ce and snow fleeing as you release age-old willows,
R icocheting and weaving your way through the land,
A rdently carving it with a thousand caring hands.
T ill alas by the turn of the seasons you fade,
I nto the heat of a day underlaid.
O nwards and onwards the seasons turn, until with a new light you restrengthen.
N ever too slowly, never too quickly, you summon your strength...and return again."

. . .

Unlike the springtime within Beruka's poem, the five years went by quickly. Too quickly—even though it was destined to happen. Her heart, which had kept beating for her through all the difficulties she had overcome, had failed her...and, as Hope had predicted, the entirety of the Sunbeam Ruins was shaken by her loss.

The pearlcatcher turned away from the mound where her pupil's body lay, towards the cave where she had mastered her arts. A lonely shaft of sunlight, illuminating a single piece of parchment—still unfinished.

"H appiness would not exist were it not for you,
O r the accomplishments that I have made, too.
P erhaps I can thank you for your selfless crusade,
E ven though now I can feel my life fade."

~Love,
Ber—

She was gone.

"Are there dragons like us living on the sun? They must be so bright and warm and beautiful..."

A tear trickled down the pearlcatcher's face.
Then a few. Then an entire surge, sifting through her scales, drenching the blank sheets of parchment on the floor below her. "I never would have thought in a million years that you were describing yourself that day."

And in the corner, a familiar poem, still pristine despite its age:

"Onwards and onwards the seasons turn, until with a new light you restrengthen.
Never too slowly, never too quickly, you summon your strength...and return again."

Hope crumbled at the lines. Wished the message they carried to be true...
and perhaps one day in the future, they would become so.

"Sleep well, Beruka. One day, I will summon my strength. I will find you...
And the times will return again to the days where we wrote not as mentor and pupil,
nor as peers and acquaintances, but as mother and daughter. I miss you."

lightbottom2.png
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Art Shop | Exalt Rescue Art Dragons
I love dark greens and pastels a bit too much...
Update: I have decided to make this a free service permanently! Though I may not get to everyone, I do quite love writing stories! QwQ

Also, thank you so much for all your lovely wishes for me to take care. The gestures are very much appreciated! <3
Update: I have decided to make this a free service permanently! Though I may not get to everyone, I do quite love writing stories! QwQ

Also, thank you so much for all your lovely wishes for me to take care. The gestures are very much appreciated! <3
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ah thank you very much, sending tip!
ah thank you very much, sending tip!
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

could you try your hand at Eventrude? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60611958][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/606120/60611958_350.png[/img][/url]
could you try your hand at Eventrude?
60611958_350.png
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

@Aqualia I'd love some lore for Amazonia (Amazo) or Cino! You can choose which. Cino, named after a babyccino, is a soft and cuddly comfort dragon, but absent minded. Amazo is obsessed with food, and kind of mad (in a cute way), eating everything she can get her paws on. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60620636][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/606207/60620636_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62542235][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/625423/62542235_350.png[/img][/url]
@Aqualia
I'd love some lore for Amazonia (Amazo) or Cino! You can choose which. Cino, named after a babyccino, is a soft and cuddly comfort dragon, but absent minded. Amazo is obsessed with food, and kind of mad (in a cute way), eating everything she can get her paws on.
60620636_350.png62542235_350.png
@Andraya
Of course, and thank you so much for the tip! It means a lot! *Ugly cries* <33
@Andraya
Of course, and thank you so much for the tip! It means a lot! *Ugly cries* <33
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ooh! i have an entire den full of dragons who need backstories/lore!
https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/529996
i have no clue how to make the word a link so ill just have to live with this. ShadowClaw is the only one who does not need one because he is based off of a WoF oc of mine. feel free to pick and choose which ones you want to do, even the babies. im not looking for anything fancy but you do you.
Ooh! i have an entire den full of dragons who need backstories/lore!
https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/529996
i have no clue how to make the word a link so ill just have to live with this. ShadowClaw is the only one who does not need one because he is based off of a WoF oc of mine. feel free to pick and choose which ones you want to do, even the babies. im not looking for anything fancy but you do you.
gFRo0Jr.png FbBE7dN.png
L7aQfSh.png
fjFZWJt.png
J7D1quC.png
Would love if you could do her! Her name is Honeybreeze [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61125027][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/611251/61125027_350.png[/img][/url]
Would love if you could do her! Her name is Honeybreeze 61125027_350.png
TCOg4IY.png They/ Them DVynlKm.png wUSuH39.png
TCOg4IY.png+3 FR Time
TCOg4IY.png Constellation Hatchery
TCOg4IY.png Constellation Style
TCOg4IY.png Lair aesthetic sale
hi!!! I hope ur doing well! I literally spent 20 minutes scrolling through here reading ur work its absolutely amazing >~< uMM!MmmM so... I have this boy that I recently bought and have been wanting to get some lore for him. I concept I started to think about was that he was born a loving dragon full of empathy and happiness, but something pushed him over the edge. So he slowly went insane leading to the dark life he has now. A few words that fit his concept "aesthetic" would be: unstable, hallucinations, dangerous, deadly, impassive, haunted, scarred. He also has a brother figure, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53835728]Ace[/url], who's like the only other dragon he trusts. Mmm maybe u could add him into the lore? Mmm I'm still thinking about other details but this is like the base? if you would call it that XDDD. Ah I see that there are a lot of posts above mine and mine may not be one u choose and that's totally ok! tehe~ but I'mma just leave this here and see if it catches ur eye ^-^ This is Two: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62063671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/620637/62063671_350.png[/img][/url] ALSO! if u do end up doing mine, direct me to ur wishlist or gimme a price for ur lore? seeing that my concept may be a lot I wanna pay u back for writing LMAO
hi!!! I hope ur doing well!
I literally spent 20 minutes scrolling through here reading ur work its absolutely amazing >~<

uMM!MmmM so...
I have this boy that I recently bought and have been wanting to get some lore for him.
I concept I started to think about was that he was born a loving dragon full of empathy and happiness, but something pushed him over the edge. So he slowly went insane leading to the dark life he has now. A few words that fit his concept "aesthetic" would be: unstable, hallucinations, dangerous, deadly, impassive, haunted, scarred.
He also has a brother figure, Ace, who's like the only other dragon he trusts. Mmm maybe u could add him into the lore?
Mmm I'm still thinking about other details but this is like the base? if you would call it that XDDD.

Ah I see that there are a lot of posts above mine and mine may not be one u choose and that's totally ok! tehe~ but I'mma just leave this here and see if it catches ur eye ^-^

This is Two:
62063671_350.png

ALSO! if u do end up doing mine, direct me to ur wishlist or gimme a price for ur lore? seeing that my concept may be a lot I wanna pay u back for writing LMAO
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9