Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [FREE] I'll Give Your Dragon a Lore! :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center]If you were interested, I'd love for you to write some lore for Kerosene! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/15409894][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/154099/15409894_350.png[/img][/url] I envision her and the rest of my eyeburn/bright dragons as being poisonous hehe!![/center]
If you were interested, I'd love for you to write some lore for Kerosene!
15409894_350.png
I envision her and the rest of my eyeburn/bright dragons as being poisonous hehe!!
tEaYRfe.pnguZVrIJZ.png
[center]hi hi! I love how you write, and would love to be added to a pinglist for a shop!!! c: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47204234][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/472043/47204234_350.png[/img][/url] This is my pride and joy, Klem. She is seen as a salvation to most shadow dragons, shes not the leader of the cult more like the thing they worship! Love to see what you come up with, if you are interested in her.[/center]
hi hi! I love how you write, and would love to be added to a pinglist for a shop!!! c:

47204234_350.png

This is my pride and joy, Klem. She is seen as a salvation to most shadow dragons, shes not the leader of the cult more like the thing they worship! Love to see what you come up with, if you are interested in her.
@Skiie

You certainly can! Thank you so much for your interest! :)
@Skiie

You certainly can! Thank you so much for your interest! :)
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Art Shop | Exalt Rescue Art Dragons
I love dark greens and pastels a bit too much...
Just letting you all know that I do see your lore requests, and that they all make me
so happy! Never expected this many people to appreciate my writing! :o

I actually had quite a bad bout of writer's block/burn-out these past few days, so knowing the sheer amount of people who love my writing has really motivated me again! <3
Just letting you all know that I do see your lore requests, and that they all make me
so happy! Never expected this many people to appreciate my writing! :o

I actually had quite a bad bout of writer's block/burn-out these past few days, so knowing the sheer amount of people who love my writing has really motivated me again! <3
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
wow your writing is incredible! I would love to be added to the pinglist for the shop if/when it opens :b I have been struggling to write some lore for this girl, so if she interests you, I would love if she had a backstory. She is very seclusive, and lives deep in the forest away from most of the other townfolk. This is due to something that happened in her past (which I have not yet come up with). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59481557][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/594816/59481557_350.png[/img][/url]
wow your writing is incredible! I would love to be added to the pinglist for the shop if/when it opens :b I have been struggling to write some lore for this girl, so if she interests you, I would love if she had a backstory. She is very seclusive, and lives deep in the forest away from most of the other townfolk. This is due to something that happened in her past (which I have not yet come up with).
59481557_350.png
murphy.png
Glad to see you so motivated. From what I have read you are really something. I can’t wait for your shop to come up so I can request a bit of writing from you. ^-^
Glad to see you so motivated. From what I have read you are really something. I can’t wait for your shop to come up so I can request a bit of writing from you. ^-^
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
@MapleMatcha One simply does not resist writing lore for Heretic! Thought of her as a savage, incredibly capable mic-drop type of dragoness, so I stuck to that theme! All named dragons involved are also part of Naomi's bloodline, to make it apply more! Hope you like it despite my recent writer's block! <3 ------------------------- [item=Rusted Crown] [item=Armored Scales][item=Stone Knife] [item=Warbeast Tusk] [item=Bonepriest Venom] [font=Harrington][i][b]"Your great power lies not on the surface, but deep in your being."[/i] ~ Roger McDonald[/b] ------------------------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1895073/1#post_20765741][img]https://i.imgur.com/R8JGP9q.png[/img][/url][/center] [indent][font=Centaur][size=4][i]Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.[/i] The bramble-shrouded egg thrummed with the pulse of what promised to be a powerful heart-- but was it enough to carry on an ever more mighty legacy? Skeptical eyes peered through its translucent shell towards the hatchling inside. A fae. A female one. Surprisingly strong. Exceptionally beautiful... and, judging from the commotion her silhouette was making, about ready to hatch. A [i]scratch.[/i] A [i]crack.[/i] A resounding [i]pop[/i]...and the hatchling broke through-- the fastest hatch in the history of the Tangled Wood. Two tiny talons grasped the air. Two lengthy legs kicked the ground. Two deep-violet eyes blinked open. Two sand-hued wings unfurled. A hushed moment of silence. And then a single excited gasp. Several impressed murmurs. An entire flood of whispers, crawling, snaking, oozing out of the hatchery into the world beyond. Moments into Sornieth, the fae seemed to be the talk on all the lips in the Tangled Wood, not because of her beauty, nor her blazing breakthrough, but because she was merely a descendant...of [b]Naomi.[/b]The legend. The sorceress--the [i]glitch queen.[/i] From her very first blink, her very first breath, the distorted name surrounded her--trapped her--in an inescapable vortex of the past. [b]"Naomi. Naomi. Naomi. Naomi. Naomi."[/b] "See that fae? She has [b][i]Naomi's[/i][/b] blood." "Look there! A [i][b]Naomi[/b][/i] descendant." "A [i][b]Naomi[/b][/i] child! Spooky." And, eventually, the spiteful phrases that started it [i]all:[/i] [b]"She would be nobody otherwise." "Even now, she's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."[/b][/font] [indent][indent][indent][indent][indent][font=Centaur][size=4][b]. . .[/b][/size][/font][/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent] [font=Centaur][size=4][b][/b]The word vanished as quickly as it spread--almost as if it were stifled by a thick cloud of poisonous mist. The moment the whispers, the murmurs, the gasps surfaced, her downfall also began its wicked pursuit--the shaft of sunlight she had basked in had long abandoned her to illuminate a "more valuable" hatchling. In a system with such fierce competition, only the fickle and power-thirsty seized their claims. A distant relative like her--loved for a few hours... and then hated for the rest of her life. More than ever, [i]those phrases[/i] lingered. [b][i]"She would be nobody otherwise." "She's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."[/i][/b] The sentences pierced to the heart of the fae's memory...maybe because they were [i]right[/i], in a way. She [i]was[/i] a nobody: leeching off of a future already built for her. She [i]was[/i] a doll: born to bear a title--and nothing more. Born to be given a generic name: "Honor." Born to follow countless directions...on how to [i]properly[/i] be a descendant. Born to live in the shadows...of her ancestor's success. Born...to be an empty, hollow [i]husk[/i]. In an empire so prolific and powerful, she felt nothing more...than [b]helpless.[/b] "You have no right." "You're nowhere near worthy of even your name." "Honor, don't you [i]dare[/i] flare your wings at me like that!!" "Talk back, and we will deem you rejected from this bloodline!" "You're a [b]5th generation[/b], anyway. Know that your status is [i]vulnerable[/i]--[b]mutt.[/b]" With every shy nod, every hesitant question, every subservient bow, a greed and anger boiled within the once noble fae. A greed so hungry it consumed all feelings of compassion. An anger so intense it burned down every blossom of love in her heart. And a change to come so drastic...that every being in the Tangled Wood would remember her name, not as Honor the Humble, but as [b]Heretic[/b]--the [b]Heinous.[/b] No one would silence her any longer. No one would dare talk back. And if such dragons [i]did[/i] dare, she would silence them...forever. Only in silence would they remember their jeers, their taunts. Only in silence would they understand her pain, her fury. Only in silence...would her voice ring over those of others. [indent][indent][indent][indent][indent][font=Centaur][size=4][b]. . .[/b][/size][/font][/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent][/indent] [font=Centaur][size=4]It was an ordinary day: bleak, dreary, dark, and full of her relatives' insults. "Quit fighting, Honor. You're bound to lose to magic--not to mention [i]glitch[/i] magic." [i]Accept and ignore it.[/i] "Just give up on her. She's determined to fight, anyways. Let her lose. Let her die." [i]Accept and ignore it.[/i] "She's been a destined loser since her birth." [i]Accept and ignore it.[/i] And then the unthinkable: [b]"Remember the rumors?"[/b] The fae tensed, turning towards her sneering elder--a towering guardian known by the name of Oceana. Canines flashed as a smirk edged her ancient face. "I have fought better than you will [i]ever[/i] fight, and even in my decaying old age, I will [i]always[/i] outperform you with my magic [i]reserves[/i]. You cannot let go of the phrases, Honor, because you know they are true. You are just a [i]pest[/i] consuming from [i]our[/i] bountiful history." [i]They[/i] returned, like they always did. [b][i]"She would be nobody otherwise." "She's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."[/i][/b] [b][i]"Nothing." "Nobody." "Doll." "Leech."[/i][/b] The delicate line between anger and insanity had been crossed. Violet-hued eyes narrowed. A nimble body lunged. Sharp, spear-like talons surged forward. Wine-red blood splattered across the lair, sprayed over claws, flowed from beneath the massive dragon's body, drenched the fertile earth, tainted the tranquil creek. More blows followed--more crazed snarling, clawing, battering, glutting, slaughtering. What was the point of [i]glitch magic[/i], anyways? True magic lay in [i]death[/i]--when someone could be well one moment and gone the next: and she was in complete control. Shrieks coursed through the night. "[i]HOW DARE YOU[/i]--" "HONOR, YOU ARE A DISGRA--" "YOU HAVE NO HONOR. HERETIC!!! HERETIC!!! TO SLAUGHTER AN ELDER--" The dragoness loved that feeling--the feeling of silencing someone so that retaliation was impossible. By sunrise the next day, the bustling lair had become a graveyard. Peace--at last. The fae arched her blood-smeared neck against the first rays of the young dawn. She was beyond this legacy. She was beyond [i]Naomi.[/i] She was [i]not[/i] a doll. [i]Not[/i] a nobody. [i]Not[/i] a leech. She was a [i]warrior[/i], and she was going to make a legacy for [i]herself.[/i] She was [i]Heretic[/i], and like the day emerging, she was going to start anew. The silhouette flared its wings...and glided into the beyond.[/indent][/size][/font] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1895073/1#post_20765741][img]https://i.imgur.com/R8JGP9q.png[/img][/url][/center]
@MapleMatcha

One simply does not resist writing lore for Heretic!
Thought of her as a savage, incredibly capable mic-drop type of dragoness, so I stuck to that theme! All named dragons involved are also part of Naomi's bloodline, to make it apply more!

Hope you like it despite my recent writer's block! <3

Rusted Crown Armored Scales Stone Knife Warbeast Tusk Bonepriest Venom

"Your great power lies not on the surface, but deep in your being." ~ Roger McDonald

R8JGP9q.png
Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.
The bramble-shrouded egg thrummed with the pulse of what promised to be a powerful heart--
but was it enough to carry on an ever more mighty legacy? Skeptical eyes peered through its translucent shell towards the hatchling inside.

A fae. A female one. Surprisingly strong. Exceptionally beautiful...
and, judging from the commotion her silhouette was making, about ready to hatch.

A scratch. A crack. A resounding pop...and the hatchling broke through--
the fastest hatch in the history of the Tangled Wood.

Two tiny talons grasped the air.
Two lengthy legs kicked the ground.
Two deep-violet eyes blinked open.
Two sand-hued wings unfurled.

A hushed moment of silence.

And then a single excited gasp.
Several impressed murmurs.
An entire flood of whispers, crawling, snaking, oozing out of the hatchery into the world beyond.

Moments into Sornieth, the fae seemed to be the talk on all the lips in the Tangled Wood, not because of her beauty, nor her blazing breakthrough, but because she was merely a descendant...of Naomi.The legend. The sorceress--the glitch queen.

From her very first blink, her very first breath, the distorted name surrounded her--trapped her--in an inescapable vortex of the past.
"Naomi. Naomi. Naomi. Naomi. Naomi."
"See that fae? She has Naomi's blood."
"Look there! A Naomi descendant."
"A Naomi child! Spooky."

And, eventually, the spiteful phrases that started it all:

"She would be nobody otherwise."
"Even now, she's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."

. . .

The word vanished as quickly as it spread--almost as if it were stifled by a thick cloud of poisonous mist. The moment the whispers, the murmurs, the gasps surfaced, her downfall also began its wicked pursuit--the shaft of sunlight she had basked in had long abandoned her to illuminate a "more valuable" hatchling. In a system with such fierce competition, only the fickle and power-thirsty seized their claims. A distant relative like her--loved for a few hours...
and then hated for the rest of her life.

More than ever, those phrases lingered.

"She would be nobody otherwise." "She's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."
The sentences pierced to the heart of the fae's memory...maybe because they were right, in a way.
She was a nobody: leeching off of a future already built for her.
She was a doll: born to bear a title--and nothing more.
Born to be given a generic name: "Honor."
Born to follow countless directions...on how to properly be a descendant.
Born to live in the shadows...of her ancestor's success.
Born...to be an empty, hollow husk.

In an empire so prolific and powerful, she felt nothing more...than helpless.

"You have no right."
"You're nowhere near worthy of even your name."
"Honor, don't you dare flare your wings at me like that!!"
"Talk back, and we will deem you rejected from this bloodline!"
"You're a 5th generation, anyway. Know that your status is vulnerable--mutt."

With every shy nod, every hesitant question, every subservient bow, a greed and anger boiled within the once noble fae. A greed so hungry it consumed all feelings of compassion. An anger so intense it burned down every blossom of love in her heart. And a change to come so drastic...that every being in the Tangled Wood would remember her name, not as Honor the Humble,
but as Heretic--the Heinous.

No one would silence her any longer. No one would dare talk back.
And if such dragons did dare, she would silence them...forever.

Only in silence would they remember their jeers, their taunts.
Only in silence would they understand her pain, her fury.
Only in silence...would her voice ring over those of others.

. . .

It was an ordinary day: bleak, dreary, dark, and full of her relatives' insults.

"Quit fighting, Honor. You're bound to lose to magic--not to mention glitch magic."

Accept and ignore it.

"Just give up on her. She's determined to fight, anyways. Let her lose. Let her die."

Accept and ignore it.

"She's been a destined loser since her birth."

Accept and ignore it.

And then the unthinkable:

"Remember the rumors?"

The fae tensed, turning towards her sneering elder--a towering guardian known by the name of Oceana. Canines flashed as a smirk edged her ancient face.

"I have fought better than you will ever fight, and even in my decaying old age, I will always outperform you with my magic reserves. You cannot let go of the phrases, Honor, because you know they are true. You are just a pest consuming from our bountiful history."

They returned, like they always did.

"She would be nobody otherwise." "She's just a doll boasting a queen's lineage: nothing special."

"Nothing." "Nobody." "Doll." "Leech."

The delicate line between anger and insanity had been crossed. Violet-hued eyes narrowed. A nimble body lunged. Sharp, spear-like talons surged forward. Wine-red blood splattered across the lair, sprayed over claws, flowed from beneath the massive dragon's body, drenched the fertile earth, tainted the tranquil creek. More blows followed--more crazed snarling, clawing, battering, glutting, slaughtering. What was the point of glitch magic, anyways? True magic lay in death--when someone could be well one moment and gone the next: and she was in complete control.

Shrieks coursed through the night.

"HOW DARE YOU--"

"HONOR, YOU ARE A DISGRA--"

"YOU HAVE NO HONOR. HERETIC!!! HERETIC!!! TO SLAUGHTER AN ELDER--"

The dragoness loved that feeling--the feeling of silencing someone so that retaliation was impossible.

By sunrise the next day, the bustling lair had become a graveyard. Peace--at last.

The fae arched her blood-smeared neck against the first rays of the young dawn.

She was beyond this legacy. She was beyond Naomi.

She was not a doll. Not a nobody. Not a leech.

She was a warrior, and she was going to make a legacy for herself.

She was Heretic, and like the day emerging, she was going to start anew.

The silhouette flared its wings...and glided into the beyond.

R8JGP9q.png
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
@Aqualia OH. MY. GOSH. THIS IS AMAZING!!

I'll be sure to credit you in her bio!! And if you could, could you PM me a copy of this forum post (minus your foreword statement ofc), but in text? (just so I can add it into her bio a bit easier) Tysm!!
@Aqualia OH. MY. GOSH. THIS IS AMAZING!!

I'll be sure to credit you in her bio!! And if you could, could you PM me a copy of this forum post (minus your foreword statement ofc), but in text? (just so I can add it into her bio a bit easier) Tysm!!
@MapleMatcha

Of course I can! So glad you like it!! ^o^
@MapleMatcha

Of course I can! So glad you like it!! ^o^
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
@LilyRaven @WatermelonWolfo

Eek! I'm so sorry this reply is late (my blind eyes skipped over your comments T^T), but I just want to thank you both so much for your interest in my writing, and confirm that you have been added to the pinglist for my shop as requested! :D
@LilyRaven @WatermelonWolfo

Eek! I'm so sorry this reply is late (my blind eyes skipped over your comments T^T), but I just want to thank you both so much for your interest in my writing, and confirm that you have been added to the pinglist for my shop as requested! :D
L U N I S O L A C E
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9