Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Traveler's Journal [LORE PROJECT]
1 2 3 4
[center][size=6][size=4][font=baskerville]The Traveler's Journal[/font][/size][/size] ----- [columns][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/f6bc53a6ff5e57de6cfafffe505c80f4/tumblr_inline_oq7lr7gzlV1tqyuge_540.png[/img][nextcol][nextcol][size=4][font=calibri]Hello, and welcome to The Traveler's Journal, a thread dedicated to recording the journey of [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61338724]Tafiya[/url] as he ventures across the globe to fill in his journal before returning home to the desert city of [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=196708]Helios[/url]. Here you will find all of the journal entries for each lair he has visited throughout his travels, written exclusively by the participants of my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2860037#post_2860037]traveling dragon project[/url]. For more information on this project, please visit the main thread. Please do not post on this thread unless you are a participant writing an entry; for discussion and comments on journal entries, feel free to post it to the main project thread linked above. Otherwise, you are free to spend time looking around, reading through Tafiya's glorious escapades, and enjoying the fun stories written below!
The Traveler's Journal

tumblr_inline_oq7lr7gzlV1tqyuge_540.png Hello, and welcome to The Traveler's Journal, a thread dedicated to recording the journey of Tafiya as he ventures across the globe to fill in his journal before returning home to the desert city of Helios. Here you will find all of the journal entries for each lair he has visited throughout his travels, written exclusively by the participants of my traveling dragon project. For more information on this project, please visit the main thread.

Please do not post on this thread unless you are a participant writing an entry; for discussion and comments on journal entries, feel free to post it to the main project thread linked above. Otherwise, you are free to spend time looking around, reading through Tafiya's glorious escapades, and enjoying the fun stories written below!
9CxYF0H.png
Journal Entry Information

This post is mainly directed towards the participants of Tafiya's project who are here to write their journal entries. Below you will find all of the information you need to make an entry. Please give it a read before making your post; I promise it won't take too much of your time!

Β» your entry can be as long or short as you'd like, as long as it has some content

Β» you can leave pictures/artwork/memes in your journal entries

Β» your writing doesn't have to be professional level; just have fun with it!

Β» you can write about anything from interactions the dragon had with the members of your own lair, things that he did/things that were done to him while you had him, places he saw, trouble he got up to; as long as it is about him

Β» your entry does not have to be from Tafiya's perspective – another dragon in your lair can write it, as long as it is keeping with following his adventures

For ease and consistency throughout the thread, below you will find a format you can copy and paste to write your entry. Please use the format. You are more than welcome to edit it to reflect your clan's lore, add pixels and graphics and images, play with font colors, leave links to various portions of your clan or dragons that he interacted with, and etc. so long as the bare-bones structure of the given format is maintained.

If you have any questions, please do not be afraid to contact me! <3
Journal Entry Information

This post is mainly directed towards the participants of Tafiya's project who are here to write their journal entries. Below you will find all of the information you need to make an entry. Please give it a read before making your post; I promise it won't take too much of your time!

Β» your entry can be as long or short as you'd like, as long as it has some content

Β» you can leave pictures/artwork/memes in your journal entries

Β» your writing doesn't have to be professional level; just have fun with it!

Β» you can write about anything from interactions the dragon had with the members of your own lair, things that he did/things that were done to him while you had him, places he saw, trouble he got up to; as long as it is about him

Β» your entry does not have to be from Tafiya's perspective – another dragon in your lair can write it, as long as it is keeping with following his adventures

For ease and consistency throughout the thread, below you will find a format you can copy and paste to write your entry. Please use the format. You are more than welcome to edit it to reflect your clan's lore, add pixels and graphics and images, play with font colors, leave links to various portions of your clan or dragons that he interacted with, and etc. so long as the bare-bones structure of the given format is maintained.

If you have any questions, please do not be afraid to contact me! <3
9CxYF0H.png
[center][size=6][size=4][font=baskerville]Journal Entry Format[/font][/size][/size][/center] ----- [size=5][size=5][font=mistral]Entry #XX – [Clan Name Here][/size][/size] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [indent][size=3][font=times new roman]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/indent][/size][/font] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [code][size=5][size=5][font=mistral]Entry #XX – [Clan Name Here][/size][/size] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [indent][size=3][font=times new roman]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/indent][/size][/font] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color][/code] [center][font=calibri][b]DISCLAIMER: your entry does not have to be as long as the format; you do not have to write two paragraphs if you do not want to, and you are more than welcome to write more than two paragraphs![/b][/font][/center]
Journal Entry Format

Entry #XX – [Clan Name Here]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Code:
[size=5][size=5][font=mistral]Entry #XX – [Clan Name Here][/size][/size] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color] [indent][size=3][font=times new roman]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/indent][/size][/font] [color=#bea55d]–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[/color]

DISCLAIMER: your entry does not have to be as long as the format; you do not have to write two paragraphs if you do not want to, and you are more than welcome to write more than two paragraphs!
9CxYF0H.png
Entry #1 – Helios

Tomorrow begins my journey. I was... well, rather shocked that my parents would send me on such a dangerous venture with little warning; it was only three days ago that I was told about this! I'm a little upset too, being booted out of the house so suddenly and without remorse. Though, if I had to guess, this was definitely my father's idea. He's always been one for spontaneous adventures, and definitely one who would want me to experience the world for myself. He seems to be very excited to hear about my travels though, and while I won't be letting my anger at being tossed out so abruptly go so easily, I confess that I'm looking forward to being able to finally impress him. I grew up listening to him tell me about his adventures as bedtime stories, and the thought that I might be able to have stories of my own to share with him one day makes me borderline giddy with anticipation. I won't hide the fact that I'm scared senseless about what is to happen to me come tomorrow morning when I leave, but at the very least, I won't have to sit through another one of dad's "concerts" and hear that wretched lute that he absolutely cannot play. That being said, I will miss him. But I hope by the time I return someone will either have told him that he can't play it or he will have finally taken lessons. I don't think my mother can take another moment of hearing his dreadful playing any longer.

Mom was less excited at the prospect of seeing me go. She tried to hide it – and did a rather good job of doing so – but in the end, her sorrow and worry showed through her nonchalant facade like light through water. She's always been the strong one in our family, being ex-Sunguard and all, and it was hard to see how worried she was by all of this. She's never been the emotional one of my two parents, and witnessing first-hand how affected she was by my upcoming departure did more than enough to make me frightened of what may happen to me out there. I mean, hell, I haven't even finished packing my gear! It's no wonder she's worried, I'm what anyone with sense would call "horribly, dreadfully, and woefully unprepared." However, by the time I return – if I'm not murdered by Duneraiders the moment I step outside of Helios – I hope that when I come back, I can be the son that she would be proud of. One who's strong like her, confident and resourceful like dad.

So I guess I won't know what will happen to me until I walk outside the gates of Helios and into the desert to begin my journey. Who knows what kind of dragons I'll meet, what places I'll visit? I can't imagine leaving the safety of the city I've lived in my whole life, but tomorrow, I begin to find my own way in the world – something that, loathe as I am to admit it, excites me almost as much as it terrifies me.

Entry #1 – Helios

Tomorrow begins my journey. I was... well, rather shocked that my parents would send me on such a dangerous venture with little warning; it was only three days ago that I was told about this! I'm a little upset too, being booted out of the house so suddenly and without remorse. Though, if I had to guess, this was definitely my father's idea. He's always been one for spontaneous adventures, and definitely one who would want me to experience the world for myself. He seems to be very excited to hear about my travels though, and while I won't be letting my anger at being tossed out so abruptly go so easily, I confess that I'm looking forward to being able to finally impress him. I grew up listening to him tell me about his adventures as bedtime stories, and the thought that I might be able to have stories of my own to share with him one day makes me borderline giddy with anticipation. I won't hide the fact that I'm scared senseless about what is to happen to me come tomorrow morning when I leave, but at the very least, I won't have to sit through another one of dad's "concerts" and hear that wretched lute that he absolutely cannot play. That being said, I will miss him. But I hope by the time I return someone will either have told him that he can't play it or he will have finally taken lessons. I don't think my mother can take another moment of hearing his dreadful playing any longer.

Mom was less excited at the prospect of seeing me go. She tried to hide it – and did a rather good job of doing so – but in the end, her sorrow and worry showed through her nonchalant facade like light through water. She's always been the strong one in our family, being ex-Sunguard and all, and it was hard to see how worried she was by all of this. She's never been the emotional one of my two parents, and witnessing first-hand how affected she was by my upcoming departure did more than enough to make me frightened of what may happen to me out there. I mean, hell, I haven't even finished packing my gear! It's no wonder she's worried, I'm what anyone with sense would call "horribly, dreadfully, and woefully unprepared." However, by the time I return – if I'm not murdered by Duneraiders the moment I step outside of Helios – I hope that when I come back, I can be the son that she would be proud of. One who's strong like her, confident and resourceful like dad.

So I guess I won't know what will happen to me until I walk outside the gates of Helios and into the desert to begin my journey. Who knows what kind of dragons I'll meet, what places I'll visit? I can't imagine leaving the safety of the city I've lived in my whole life, but tomorrow, I begin to find my own way in the world – something that, loathe as I am to admit it, excites me almost as much as it terrifies me.

9CxYF0H.png
Entry #2 – Fae Flitter Front

When I left home, the Behemoth on the horizon called to me, so here I am in the Viridian Labyrinth. Soon after I started flying over the swamps, the trees below erupted in color. I thought it was butterflies, then birds, but it was dozens of fae! They swirled around, welcoming me and asking if I was here for the rites. They were on their way back to their clan's main camp to celebrate Greenskeeper Gathering, and they invited me to join them.

I never realized how harsh life in the wilderness is. While travelling, we had to drive off many huge creatures, yet the fae are fearless. It was exhilarating and terrifying, being part of a coordinated team, harrying the beasts until they fled. I feel so much stronger, confident I can brave the wider world now.

Along the way they told me that during Greenskeeper, it was traditional for their clan to host and celebrate dragons that were becoming fae. They call it the Rite of Transformation. I have always been fascinated with fae, and being here among them just feels so right. By the time we reached the gathering, I knew I wanted to participate.

The rite was at sundown, and afterward I went hunting with my new flock. We went whirling in and out of branches, catching insects on the wing until our bellies were full. Then we hung from tree branches, sharing stories and listening to the songs of the swamp. The next day, my new family gave me a cheerful sendoff with the sunrise, my bags filled with insect snacks and gifts for my travels.

Entry #2 – Fae Flitter Front

When I left home, the Behemoth on the horizon called to me, so here I am in the Viridian Labyrinth. Soon after I started flying over the swamps, the trees below erupted in color. I thought it was butterflies, then birds, but it was dozens of fae! They swirled around, welcoming me and asking if I was here for the rites. They were on their way back to their clan's main camp to celebrate Greenskeeper Gathering, and they invited me to join them.

I never realized how harsh life in the wilderness is. While travelling, we had to drive off many huge creatures, yet the fae are fearless. It was exhilarating and terrifying, being part of a coordinated team, harrying the beasts until they fled. I feel so much stronger, confident I can brave the wider world now.

Along the way they told me that during Greenskeeper, it was traditional for their clan to host and celebrate dragons that were becoming fae. They call it the Rite of Transformation. I have always been fascinated with fae, and being here among them just feels so right. By the time we reached the gathering, I knew I wanted to participate.

The rite was at sundown, and afterward I went hunting with my new flock. We went whirling in and out of branches, catching insects on the wing until our bellies were full. Then we hung from tree branches, sharing stories and listening to the songs of the swamp. The next day, my new family gave me a cheerful sendoff with the sunrise, my bags filled with insect snacks and gifts for my travels.

38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
Entry #3 – The Pyrotic City

After leaving the Labyrinth I ran into a small group of dragons who were leaving after the Greenskeeper festivities had ended. In exchange for some of the insects and a surprisingly small amount of treasure they agreed to guide me through Shadow and Water to the small city where their clan made their home. Along the way I cautiously spoke to the friendlier members of the group and learned that they were a Plague clan located near Plague, Wind, and Arcane. The two leaders of the group told me that they were there for both the festivities and to gather plant samples for an allied clan in Arcane, and that it was less of one single clan and more a group of small individual ones

We made it to the city about 2 days later at dusk, remarkably quick considering how many of us there were on this trip. Looking around the area, there are many shops and temporary stalls being run by dragons. I headed to a nearby inn and restaurant and requested that the mirror running the inn let me stay the night. To my surprise, when I asked for the cost, they said I could pay it off, and earn some extra, with a single day’s work at their diner.

Working there was largely uneventful, aside from some small blunders; waiting in a restaurant doesn’t seem to be my calling in the slightest. A black and purple coatl wearing a dark hat of a similar style to mine came in and complimented it, and when they left, they gave me a small tip in the form of a white feathered armband with a perfectly cleaned bird skull tied to it. A very embarrassing encounter, as I wasn’t expecting it and the other workers (the mirrors children?) teased me quite a bit. After the day’s work was done, I was given my payment, alongside a few excess medical herbs and a meal, and went on my way, to go wherever I felt next

Entry #3 – The Pyrotic City

After leaving the Labyrinth I ran into a small group of dragons who were leaving after the Greenskeeper festivities had ended. In exchange for some of the insects and a surprisingly small amount of treasure they agreed to guide me through Shadow and Water to the small city where their clan made their home. Along the way I cautiously spoke to the friendlier members of the group and learned that they were a Plague clan located near Plague, Wind, and Arcane. The two leaders of the group told me that they were there for both the festivities and to gather plant samples for an allied clan in Arcane, and that it was less of one single clan and more a group of small individual ones

We made it to the city about 2 days later at dusk, remarkably quick considering how many of us there were on this trip. Looking around the area, there are many shops and temporary stalls being run by dragons. I headed to a nearby inn and restaurant and requested that the mirror running the inn let me stay the night. To my surprise, when I asked for the cost, they said I could pay it off, and earn some extra, with a single day’s work at their diner.

Working there was largely uneventful, aside from some small blunders; waiting in a restaurant doesn’t seem to be my calling in the slightest. A black and purple coatl wearing a dark hat of a similar style to mine came in and complimented it, and when they left, they gave me a small tip in the form of a white feathered armband with a perfectly cleaned bird skull tied to it. A very embarrassing encounter, as I wasn’t expecting it and the other workers (the mirrors children?) teased me quite a bit. After the day’s work was done, I was given my payment, alongside a few excess medical herbs and a meal, and went on my way, to go wherever I felt next

Entry #4 – GOOD COMPANY && Silencia Inn

MAGNUS GOOD COMPANY WAS HERE XOXO

How in the world did that dragon manage to scrawl those letters into my journal so... permanently?! Deities know I've been scrubbing at it for hours now, but I don't think anything short of ripping the page out will let me be rid of it… Oh, well. I suppose it's a fitting reminder of this part of my journey.

GOOD COMPANY. The first group that collected me in this string of strange, strange encounters. (Apparently the capitalization is a part of its 'brand', so I'm afraid I cannot risk writing it as Good Company without receiving some sort of 'copyright strike or whatever', as stated by the same dragon who graffiti'd my journal.) From what I could tell, they positively embodied that reckless spirit that rogue bandit-types always possess. If I hadn’t been approached by that silver-tongued imperial in their party, I doubt I would have chosen to turn to them for assistance after getting caught in that dust storm as I was entering Dragonhome. The chaos they operated with simply appeared overwhelmingβ€”which is saying something, given how this impression of them was formed while my senses were largely obscured by dust and howling winds.

But what happened, happened. The imperial I mentioned coerced me into paying a β€˜small fee’ (which was actually pretty small, surprisingly) for them to escort me through the region. And that’s exactly what they did… for what felt like an eternity. I fear recounting the experiences I went through in their company will cause me unnecessary stress over the journey ahead, so I’ll just say this: I wondered, multiple times, how no one in our party (including me) had died or been grievously wounded over the course of our journey.

Granted, they did escort me to their base as promised with nary a scratch, but by then I had had enough. The first chance I got, I asked directions from one of the more sane level-headed members and was out of there! The directions I received supposedly lead to an inn, and so I decided to make a quick stop there before departing from the area.

The inn was lovely. Spacious, tastefully decorated, and best of all, peaceful. None of their facilities were particularly large, I noted, but I still had a lovely time wandering the garden and the library. What both those areas lacked in size they made up for in the obvious love and care that had been poured into both. (I hope to be that passionate about my own craft someday…!)

I think it’s also worth mentioning that I had quite a fun game of cards with one of the inn’s staff. The surprise on her face when I won was certainly something; I won’t lie, I felt pretty accomplished (especially considering how I still don’t fully understand any of the rules).

It’s my last night in the inn now, and by extension, this area of Sornieth. As such, I’ve chosen to reflect a bit on the groups I encountered this time.

Honestly, I’m terribly glad that nobody from GOOD COMPANY attempted to follow me here. I don’t think I’d ever be able to handle that much chaos again in my life! Though their casual camaraderie was admirable, I suppose. Now that I think about it, it seems that the constant chaos brought them closer together, while the dragons within the peaceful inn were… distant. There were friends, yet not all friends were friends, in comparison to the company being like a rowdy blood-of-covenant-is-thicker-than-water-of-womb family. It almost makes me wonder how I felt as comfortable in the inn as I did.

Discordant unity versus tranquil solitude. I wonder which of the two I would prefer, if I were to choose.

(... Perhaps the former, since several of the company members complimented my hat and wore similar ones of their own.)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Entry #4 – GOOD COMPANY && Silencia Inn

MAGNUS GOOD COMPANY WAS HERE XOXO

How in the world did that dragon manage to scrawl those letters into my journal so... permanently?! Deities know I've been scrubbing at it for hours now, but I don't think anything short of ripping the page out will let me be rid of it… Oh, well. I suppose it's a fitting reminder of this part of my journey.

GOOD COMPANY. The first group that collected me in this string of strange, strange encounters. (Apparently the capitalization is a part of its 'brand', so I'm afraid I cannot risk writing it as Good Company without receiving some sort of 'copyright strike or whatever', as stated by the same dragon who graffiti'd my journal.) From what I could tell, they positively embodied that reckless spirit that rogue bandit-types always possess. If I hadn’t been approached by that silver-tongued imperial in their party, I doubt I would have chosen to turn to them for assistance after getting caught in that dust storm as I was entering Dragonhome. The chaos they operated with simply appeared overwhelmingβ€”which is saying something, given how this impression of them was formed while my senses were largely obscured by dust and howling winds.

But what happened, happened. The imperial I mentioned coerced me into paying a β€˜small fee’ (which was actually pretty small, surprisingly) for them to escort me through the region. And that’s exactly what they did… for what felt like an eternity. I fear recounting the experiences I went through in their company will cause me unnecessary stress over the journey ahead, so I’ll just say this: I wondered, multiple times, how no one in our party (including me) had died or been grievously wounded over the course of our journey.

Granted, they did escort me to their base as promised with nary a scratch, but by then I had had enough. The first chance I got, I asked directions from one of the more sane level-headed members and was out of there! The directions I received supposedly lead to an inn, and so I decided to make a quick stop there before departing from the area.

The inn was lovely. Spacious, tastefully decorated, and best of all, peaceful. None of their facilities were particularly large, I noted, but I still had a lovely time wandering the garden and the library. What both those areas lacked in size they made up for in the obvious love and care that had been poured into both. (I hope to be that passionate about my own craft someday…!)

I think it’s also worth mentioning that I had quite a fun game of cards with one of the inn’s staff. The surprise on her face when I won was certainly something; I won’t lie, I felt pretty accomplished (especially considering how I still don’t fully understand any of the rules).

It’s my last night in the inn now, and by extension, this area of Sornieth. As such, I’ve chosen to reflect a bit on the groups I encountered this time.

Honestly, I’m terribly glad that nobody from GOOD COMPANY attempted to follow me here. I don’t think I’d ever be able to handle that much chaos again in my life! Though their casual camaraderie was admirable, I suppose. Now that I think about it, it seems that the constant chaos brought them closer together, while the dragons within the peaceful inn were… distant. There were friends, yet not all friends were friends, in comparison to the company being like a rowdy blood-of-covenant-is-thicker-than-water-of-womb family. It almost makes me wonder how I felt as comfortable in the inn as I did.

Discordant unity versus tranquil solitude. I wonder which of the two I would prefer, if I were to choose.

(... Perhaps the former, since several of the company members complimented my hat and wore similar ones of their own.)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

globules.png
Entry #5 – Elysian

I decided to go to the Tangled Wood next, but it didn’t take long for me to regret the decision. There were thorns EVERYWHERE, and at some points I could barely see a few lengths in front of me. There were strange noises coming from every direction, and even with my map it took a day and a half to find another dragon. Well, many dragons, I suppose. Luckily, I stumbled across a lunar gathering near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, where dragons were trading goods and talking. I was pretty clueless about where I should go, but then I saw a strange Wildclaw walking near the trees.

Her name was Galiya, and she was a Luck Bringer. The name suggests she can bring luck to dragons, which is quite misleading; she actually can sense the luck of the dragons around her, but can’t manipulate it in any way. She approached me after she noticed me staring, and invited me to go to her city. I was terrified but agreed anyway, and a day later I was in Elysian.

Elysian was underground. It was located in a huge cavern, with old knotted trees and a river running through the center. Runes and murals decorated the sides of the cave, and purple lanterns bigger than me hung from the top. Dragons flew in every direction, chatting and laughing. Despite how different it was from everything I’d known, it reminded me of home. The clan had a magical energy about it that I’ve only ever seen one other time: in Helios.

Galiya grinned once at me, then flew off. Panicked, I tried to follow, but quickly lost her in the trees. I decided to fly down to the heart of the clan, where dragons were running their businesses. Everyone seemed to know exactly where they were going and what they were doing, so I just tried not to get stepped on (there were so many Imperials, and I didn’t see one Fae!). A hat shop was on the side of the main street, and I quickly stumbled in. It was filled with hats of many shapes and sizes, but there were very few that looked like mine. The Pearlcatcher running the shop looked sideways at me for a second, said he liked my hat, then nodded his head in the direction of an Inn. I blushed and thanked him quickly, then flew into the very decorated building. Seafoam was the Innkeeper, and she kindly let me stay in a room for free. How did she keep the place going, now that I think of it, if she lets everyone stay without payment? Anyways, I was starting to feel drained so I fell asleep rather quickly, despite the quiet noise of the city around me.

Over the next few days I got a good feel of Elysian and how it functioned. There were many kind dragons running the shops at the heart of the city (I soon learned the hatmaker’s name was Leif), but there were also dragons lurking in the shadows of the cavern, in places unseen. A witch named Dahlia was rumored to be a little.. chaotic, and there were also those Spirals to watch out for. I tried to stay clear of the woods because of this; I had no interest in being turned into a pile of goop. Ships came and went many times a day, bringing crates with strange mist floating about them while the locals laughed and smiled.

I spent my time here exploring the cave system; it was unlike anything I’d ever seen, and I had a wonderful time mapping it with another traveler named Fern. We shared our stories while we flew, and it turned out she had a lot more stories to tell than me, haha. I hope to one day have seen as many places and tell my father about them. She also helped me improve my maps, which was awesome. I spent many meals at Rakasa’s Diner, a wonderful restaurant with the best food I’ve ever tasted. A Ridgeback named Toci told me that Rakasa was a Dimension Jumper, but I didn’t believe her. Dimension Jumpers don’t have time to be trained in culinary arts! Plus, she seemed way too nice.

My card skills came in handy once I discovered the Shadow Show. The somewhat cursed caravan was owned by Helio and Vamir, who granted wishes in return for dares. Elysian was their home city but they traveled all around the Tangled Wood. The two were back for the shipments that were arriving this week, but to my disappointment, wouldn’t tell me what was in the crates. However, they somehow convinced me to play a few games of cards with them in return for a wish. If I won every round (5 in total) any wish I wanted would be granted, and I didn’t even have to tell them what it was. They told me it was a special discount exclusively for me. The next few hours were a blur, but I somehow know I won and that they granted my wish. Hopefully it doesn’t bite me in the tail later on.

After a while, it became hard to tell what day it was. I spent many late nights chatting with Seafoam, and she told me of the portal that was said to have opened near Arcane territory. Many strange creatures have been seen near it, and Elysian’s fighters, as well as Rakasa, were planning on visiting it the next day. I asked her why Rakasa was going and she told me the Nocturne was a Dimension Jumper. I believed it coming from Seafoam. I hope I don’t wander into the Starfall Isles until they get that sorted out; eldritch horrors are definitely not my thing.

I decided to leave Elysian the next day. The city and dragons were wonderful, but I had a feeling I just needed to leave soon, and I was excited about what laid ahead. I convinced Fern to leave with me, but we decided that once we got to the Sunbeam Ruins we’d split up. She said Snappers aren’t really made for dense, heavily wooded, and dark forests. She loved Elysian because of how it was underground, and yet still connected to other things through the cave system. However, the Tangled Wood was a little too claustrophobic for her. I found that strange, but I tried to understand. So this morning I packed up my things and am going to visit some dragons to say my goodbyes. I think I’m going to let each of them write a note on this page of my journal and sign it, just so I can look back later.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m glad I went to the Tangled Wood, even if it was a bit strange at first. It definitely was different and showed me a whole new side of how things could be and are done in Sornieth. I can’t wait to meet more dragons, and I think I’m finally getting the hang of traveling. I think I’m starting to really enjoy it, too, and although I’m a bit nervous about what’s ahead I think I’m more excited now than anything. Now I just got to figure out how to get out of the Tangled Wood; luckily I'm traveling with a Cartographer (and I think I'm a better one now as well!).

Tafiya, you were such a joy to have in Elysian! I hope you visit again soon. Take care,
Seafoam

Thank you for stopping at my Diner! I hope you had a wonderful time in our city, and I’m glad you enjoyed my meals. Stay safe!
- Rakasa
I like your hat. Best of travels,
Leif

Watch for the Woods, the Eyes, the Witches, the Lies,
And only then will you find peace among the Stars. N'oublie pas, wish stealer.

You have a strange yet deadly Luck. Don’t test it, rΓͺveur de l'ombre. Best of wishes,
Galiya

Entry #5 – Elysian

I decided to go to the Tangled Wood next, but it didn’t take long for me to regret the decision. There were thorns EVERYWHERE, and at some points I could barely see a few lengths in front of me. There were strange noises coming from every direction, and even with my map it took a day and a half to find another dragon. Well, many dragons, I suppose. Luckily, I stumbled across a lunar gathering near the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, where dragons were trading goods and talking. I was pretty clueless about where I should go, but then I saw a strange Wildclaw walking near the trees.

Her name was Galiya, and she was a Luck Bringer. The name suggests she can bring luck to dragons, which is quite misleading; she actually can sense the luck of the dragons around her, but can’t manipulate it in any way. She approached me after she noticed me staring, and invited me to go to her city. I was terrified but agreed anyway, and a day later I was in Elysian.

Elysian was underground. It was located in a huge cavern, with old knotted trees and a river running through the center. Runes and murals decorated the sides of the cave, and purple lanterns bigger than me hung from the top. Dragons flew in every direction, chatting and laughing. Despite how different it was from everything I’d known, it reminded me of home. The clan had a magical energy about it that I’ve only ever seen one other time: in Helios.

Galiya grinned once at me, then flew off. Panicked, I tried to follow, but quickly lost her in the trees. I decided to fly down to the heart of the clan, where dragons were running their businesses. Everyone seemed to know exactly where they were going and what they were doing, so I just tried not to get stepped on (there were so many Imperials, and I didn’t see one Fae!). A hat shop was on the side of the main street, and I quickly stumbled in. It was filled with hats of many shapes and sizes, but there were very few that looked like mine. The Pearlcatcher running the shop looked sideways at me for a second, said he liked my hat, then nodded his head in the direction of an Inn. I blushed and thanked him quickly, then flew into the very decorated building. Seafoam was the Innkeeper, and she kindly let me stay in a room for free. How did she keep the place going, now that I think of it, if she lets everyone stay without payment? Anyways, I was starting to feel drained so I fell asleep rather quickly, despite the quiet noise of the city around me.

Over the next few days I got a good feel of Elysian and how it functioned. There were many kind dragons running the shops at the heart of the city (I soon learned the hatmaker’s name was Leif), but there were also dragons lurking in the shadows of the cavern, in places unseen. A witch named Dahlia was rumored to be a little.. chaotic, and there were also those Spirals to watch out for. I tried to stay clear of the woods because of this; I had no interest in being turned into a pile of goop. Ships came and went many times a day, bringing crates with strange mist floating about them while the locals laughed and smiled.

I spent my time here exploring the cave system; it was unlike anything I’d ever seen, and I had a wonderful time mapping it with another traveler named Fern. We shared our stories while we flew, and it turned out she had a lot more stories to tell than me, haha. I hope to one day have seen as many places and tell my father about them. She also helped me improve my maps, which was awesome. I spent many meals at Rakasa’s Diner, a wonderful restaurant with the best food I’ve ever tasted. A Ridgeback named Toci told me that Rakasa was a Dimension Jumper, but I didn’t believe her. Dimension Jumpers don’t have time to be trained in culinary arts! Plus, she seemed way too nice.

My card skills came in handy once I discovered the Shadow Show. The somewhat cursed caravan was owned by Helio and Vamir, who granted wishes in return for dares. Elysian was their home city but they traveled all around the Tangled Wood. The two were back for the shipments that were arriving this week, but to my disappointment, wouldn’t tell me what was in the crates. However, they somehow convinced me to play a few games of cards with them in return for a wish. If I won every round (5 in total) any wish I wanted would be granted, and I didn’t even have to tell them what it was. They told me it was a special discount exclusively for me. The next few hours were a blur, but I somehow know I won and that they granted my wish. Hopefully it doesn’t bite me in the tail later on.

After a while, it became hard to tell what day it was. I spent many late nights chatting with Seafoam, and she told me of the portal that was said to have opened near Arcane territory. Many strange creatures have been seen near it, and Elysian’s fighters, as well as Rakasa, were planning on visiting it the next day. I asked her why Rakasa was going and she told me the Nocturne was a Dimension Jumper. I believed it coming from Seafoam. I hope I don’t wander into the Starfall Isles until they get that sorted out; eldritch horrors are definitely not my thing.

I decided to leave Elysian the next day. The city and dragons were wonderful, but I had a feeling I just needed to leave soon, and I was excited about what laid ahead. I convinced Fern to leave with me, but we decided that once we got to the Sunbeam Ruins we’d split up. She said Snappers aren’t really made for dense, heavily wooded, and dark forests. She loved Elysian because of how it was underground, and yet still connected to other things through the cave system. However, the Tangled Wood was a little too claustrophobic for her. I found that strange, but I tried to understand. So this morning I packed up my things and am going to visit some dragons to say my goodbyes. I think I’m going to let each of them write a note on this page of my journal and sign it, just so I can look back later.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m glad I went to the Tangled Wood, even if it was a bit strange at first. It definitely was different and showed me a whole new side of how things could be and are done in Sornieth. I can’t wait to meet more dragons, and I think I’m finally getting the hang of traveling. I think I’m starting to really enjoy it, too, and although I’m a bit nervous about what’s ahead I think I’m more excited now than anything. Now I just got to figure out how to get out of the Tangled Wood; luckily I'm traveling with a Cartographer (and I think I'm a better one now as well!).

Tafiya, you were such a joy to have in Elysian! I hope you visit again soon. Take care,
Seafoam

Thank you for stopping at my Diner! I hope you had a wonderful time in our city, and I’m glad you enjoyed my meals. Stay safe!
- Rakasa
I like your hat. Best of travels,
Leif

Watch for the Woods, the Eyes, the Witches, the Lies,
And only then will you find peace among the Stars. N'oublie pas, wish stealer.

You have a strange yet deadly Luck. Don’t test it, rΓͺveur de l'ombre. Best of wishes,
Galiya

VGxuHXT.png
Entry #6 – Brimdrost
With the expansion of Brimdrost comes the expansion of its population, and the new apartment sector is perhaps our largest extension. So while Cinder approves new biological citizens, I have been tasked with shaping new mechanical ones to keep the balance. The first forty or so personalities came easily, but it did not take long for me to lose inspiration. After running through my leftover personality files and finding nothing new, I decided it was time to take to the streets and take ideas from the source: biological dragons.

And so, that brings me to the topic of today's log, Tafiya. A young fae from light territory, I was immediately struck by his hat, which appeared to have been stolen straight from a cheesy southern film. I could not pass up the opportunity to speak to the stranger, and once he entered the volumetric grid I manifested and introduced myself. With pleasantries out of the way and the holographic sky explained, (It's always the first question they ask) we began our tour through my city.

Our first stop was Antares, where he could stock up on food for the rest of the tour. There, I gave an impromptu lesson on sign language so he could understand Ruby. The cafe would have been otherwise uneventful if it weren't for Wuyi. Upon leaving the kitchen with our orders and seeing me with a tourist, he grinned. I knew immediately things were about to devolve into chaos. With practiced clumsiness, the little imp yelped, "tripped" into a somersault, went through it without spilling anything, then landed in a graceful bow. With the rest of the cafe's attention firmly on him, he screamed in false pain and detached both of his wings. This, of course, caused every single tourist present to fly into a panic, including Tafiya.

I swear to Stormcatcher, I'm going to weld that android's wings to their sockets.
//no youre not
//Yes I will, Wuyi. And stop commenting on my logs.
//ill stop if you say it was funny
//…Alright, it was a little amusing. But you're still on tunnel duty.
//awwwwww

After explaining that the "hatchling" was completely unharmed and resetting his wings, I decided to take Tafiya somewhere a tad calmer. Namely, Gladioulus's garden. On the way, I explained our complex and highly efficient system. I described the vast expanse of plants, unparalleled in beauty and containing species which no longer exist outside of this cavern. When we got there, it was on fire. Again. Because we cannot have anything nice in this city. Fortunately, Saria was there to put it out before it spread, and she offered to take care of the paperwork for me. Unfortunately, she also wished me luck on my "date". Right in front of Tafiya. I wonder sometimes why I decided to let the organics live.
//Trace is in love <3<3<3<3<3
//I am not. It was strictly for research purposes.
//Uh-huh, that's why ya' wrote an entire log about your "tour" ;)
//Because it was an interesting, informative experience.
//hey, trace, would you rather give him lilacs or forget-me-nots?
//Neither. How did you even get access to my logs?

Before Saria could prod us further and force me to spark a new AI/dragon war, I continued on to the entertainment district. No longer possessing the mental fortitude to deal with another mishap, I played it safe and took him to the theatre. For once, nothing went wrong. We watched a movie, he ate some popcorn, I pretended to eat popcorn. A couple members of the Pack showed up as well. It was a pleasant experience. Rejuvenated and ready to do something more risky, I challenged him, Leviathan, and Aro, to a few rounds of poker. This turned out to be a mistake, as he beat all of us. Every. Single. Round. I have no idea how. The rest of us started cheating and Tafiya still managed to come out a hundred gems richer. I do not believe in luck or divine intervention, but those are the only possible explanations.
//I'm still convinced he cheated.
//I was watching from the cameras the whole time Levi. There was no foul play on his end.
//C'mon, you think he's just that good? No way! Kid must've done something.
//I suspect he sold his soul to some kind of demon.
//Haha, probly!

In order to end on a positive note, I escorted Tafiya to Glacier's inn for the night. I paid for his stay, and promised to show him more again tomorrow. Despite the… rough start, I am looking forward to continuing our tour. I have a feeling he will inspire some of my greatest AIs.

//Wait, how often do you cheat at cards???
//Just this once. It was simply for curiosity's sake.
//i saw them cheating last time you guys were here
//I did not! We've never even played anything around Wuyi!
//WOW Trace, I can't believe it. I'll have to have Glad replace all the forget-me-nots with freesias.
//What does any of this have to do with flowers?
//you're thinking of snapdragons saria
//Speaking of the bouquet, when am I delivering it?
//Excuse me? What bouquet?
//While we're here, can anyone lend me some cash? Flash is gonna get real mad if she finds out I lost it.
//DELIVER IT NOW LEVI, BEFORE THEY CAN STOP YOU! GIVE TAF THE LOVE TRACE REFUSES TO SHOW!
//Is this what I think it is?
//Maybe???
//Leviathan if you deliver that I will dismantle you.
//Sorry darling, a courier fulfills his duty or dies trying.
//Oooh wait, come here, I'm copying the log, take a page to him!
//TAKE WHAT?!?!?!

Entry #6 – Brimdrost
With the expansion of Brimdrost comes the expansion of its population, and the new apartment sector is perhaps our largest extension. So while Cinder approves new biological citizens, I have been tasked with shaping new mechanical ones to keep the balance. The first forty or so personalities came easily, but it did not take long for me to lose inspiration. After running through my leftover personality files and finding nothing new, I decided it was time to take to the streets and take ideas from the source: biological dragons.

And so, that brings me to the topic of today's log, Tafiya. A young fae from light territory, I was immediately struck by his hat, which appeared to have been stolen straight from a cheesy southern film. I could not pass up the opportunity to speak to the stranger, and once he entered the volumetric grid I manifested and introduced myself. With pleasantries out of the way and the holographic sky explained, (It's always the first question they ask) we began our tour through my city.

Our first stop was Antares, where he could stock up on food for the rest of the tour. There, I gave an impromptu lesson on sign language so he could understand Ruby. The cafe would have been otherwise uneventful if it weren't for Wuyi. Upon leaving the kitchen with our orders and seeing me with a tourist, he grinned. I knew immediately things were about to devolve into chaos. With practiced clumsiness, the little imp yelped, "tripped" into a somersault, went through it without spilling anything, then landed in a graceful bow. With the rest of the cafe's attention firmly on him, he screamed in false pain and detached both of his wings. This, of course, caused every single tourist present to fly into a panic, including Tafiya.

I swear to Stormcatcher, I'm going to weld that android's wings to their sockets.
//no youre not
//Yes I will, Wuyi. And stop commenting on my logs.
//ill stop if you say it was funny
//…Alright, it was a little amusing. But you're still on tunnel duty.
//awwwwww

After explaining that the "hatchling" was completely unharmed and resetting his wings, I decided to take Tafiya somewhere a tad calmer. Namely, Gladioulus's garden. On the way, I explained our complex and highly efficient system. I described the vast expanse of plants, unparalleled in beauty and containing species which no longer exist outside of this cavern. When we got there, it was on fire. Again. Because we cannot have anything nice in this city. Fortunately, Saria was there to put it out before it spread, and she offered to take care of the paperwork for me. Unfortunately, she also wished me luck on my "date". Right in front of Tafiya. I wonder sometimes why I decided to let the organics live.
//Trace is in love <3<3<3<3<3
//I am not. It was strictly for research purposes.
//Uh-huh, that's why ya' wrote an entire log about your "tour" ;)
//Because it was an interesting, informative experience.
//hey, trace, would you rather give him lilacs or forget-me-nots?
//Neither. How did you even get access to my logs?

Before Saria could prod us further and force me to spark a new AI/dragon war, I continued on to the entertainment district. No longer possessing the mental fortitude to deal with another mishap, I played it safe and took him to the theatre. For once, nothing went wrong. We watched a movie, he ate some popcorn, I pretended to eat popcorn. A couple members of the Pack showed up as well. It was a pleasant experience. Rejuvenated and ready to do something more risky, I challenged him, Leviathan, and Aro, to a few rounds of poker. This turned out to be a mistake, as he beat all of us. Every. Single. Round. I have no idea how. The rest of us started cheating and Tafiya still managed to come out a hundred gems richer. I do not believe in luck or divine intervention, but those are the only possible explanations.
//I'm still convinced he cheated.
//I was watching from the cameras the whole time Levi. There was no foul play on his end.
//C'mon, you think he's just that good? No way! Kid must've done something.
//I suspect he sold his soul to some kind of demon.
//Haha, probly!

In order to end on a positive note, I escorted Tafiya to Glacier's inn for the night. I paid for his stay, and promised to show him more again tomorrow. Despite the… rough start, I am looking forward to continuing our tour. I have a feeling he will inspire some of my greatest AIs.

//Wait, how often do you cheat at cards???
//Just this once. It was simply for curiosity's sake.
//i saw them cheating last time you guys were here
//I did not! We've never even played anything around Wuyi!
//WOW Trace, I can't believe it. I'll have to have Glad replace all the forget-me-nots with freesias.
//What does any of this have to do with flowers?
//you're thinking of snapdragons saria
//Speaking of the bouquet, when am I delivering it?
//Excuse me? What bouquet?
//While we're here, can anyone lend me some cash? Flash is gonna get real mad if she finds out I lost it.
//DELIVER IT NOW LEVI, BEFORE THEY CAN STOP YOU! GIVE TAF THE LOVE TRACE REFUSES TO SHOW!
//Is this what I think it is?
//Maybe???
//Leviathan if you deliver that I will dismantle you.
//Sorry darling, a courier fulfills his duty or dies trying.
//Oooh wait, come here, I'm copying the log, take a page to him!
//TAKE WHAT?!?!?!

Entry #7 – Litore

I decided to come back to the Tangled Wood. Something about the glowing mushrooms and plants called me to return. I explored the Wispwillow Grove, and happened upon a small clan that was situated on a lake's coast with a river flowing out of it. It surprised me- I hadn't seen any sign of civilization before it. I'd suspect that it was magically hidden somehow, but I doubt that. This place seems rather peaceful. Whatever would they have to hide?

Something about this clan doesn't seem quite right, but I can't place my finger on it. It wasn't the members, instead I believe it was the environment around us. Those woods hold secrets I don't wish to find out, although it seems that some already know them. The shadows are darker, thicker, and mushrooms grow in conspicuous rings. I didn't spend much time in the forest, preferring to spend my time in the town instead.

This clan, which calls themselves Litore, have a lovely couple as their clan leaders. One of them runs a tea shop with the most amazing flavors, and she gave me a newcomer's discount! Her wife appeared less keen to meet me, unfortunately. Their eleven offspring seemed… rather odd.

They all have what I can only describe as halos, although the shape varied from child to child. The eldest had one of ever-flowing water, and the youngest had one that appeared to be made of bones and pungent, rotten flesh. Her sister had blooming buttercups and vines, and another had a halo of crystalline ice that appeared it would shatter if you tapped it.

I must get moving on. Something about this place makes me uneasy. I feel that if I stay too long, I might never leave.

Entry #7 – Litore

I decided to come back to the Tangled Wood. Something about the glowing mushrooms and plants called me to return. I explored the Wispwillow Grove, and happened upon a small clan that was situated on a lake's coast with a river flowing out of it. It surprised me- I hadn't seen any sign of civilization before it. I'd suspect that it was magically hidden somehow, but I doubt that. This place seems rather peaceful. Whatever would they have to hide?

Something about this clan doesn't seem quite right, but I can't place my finger on it. It wasn't the members, instead I believe it was the environment around us. Those woods hold secrets I don't wish to find out, although it seems that some already know them. The shadows are darker, thicker, and mushrooms grow in conspicuous rings. I didn't spend much time in the forest, preferring to spend my time in the town instead.

This clan, which calls themselves Litore, have a lovely couple as their clan leaders. One of them runs a tea shop with the most amazing flavors, and she gave me a newcomer's discount! Her wife appeared less keen to meet me, unfortunately. Their eleven offspring seemed… rather odd.

They all have what I can only describe as halos, although the shape varied from child to child. The eldest had one of ever-flowing water, and the youngest had one that appeared to be made of bones and pungent, rotten flesh. Her sister had blooming buttercups and vines, and another had a halo of crystalline ice that appeared it would shatter if you tapped it.

I must get moving on. Something about this place makes me uneasy. I feel that if I stay too long, I might never leave.

kXpNHpy.pngKdK3h1K.png
sFMScix.png
She/Her or They/Them
FR+2
Shadow Rep Breeding Project
1 2 3 4