Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [lore] Progress Report
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][item=Weathered Grimoire][item=Broken Wagon Wheel][item=Empty Inkwell] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Progress Report[/size][size=3] Level 5 Clearance Documentation, For Sentinel Use Only[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4]Hello, I'm Topazal and welcome to my dragon fanfic vaguely disguised as lore thread! I hope you enjoy your stay pursuing the available lore. The purpose of this thread is to allow me some leniency in writing story-centric lore that doesn't need to be tied down to a single dragon's profile, plus add a bit more structure to my clan's lore. This won't be like, a consistent thing for me to be working on; this is more of a personal hobby for me. [u]Comments are welcome[/u], whole conversations aren't. Since I'm a bit of a neat freak and I'm subscribed to the thread, and I'd rather not get spammed too badly. You can comment on this thread, on my profile, or send me a DM! [u]Warning[/u], there will be clickable images of dragons with Plague Primal, Multigaze, the Contaminated Halo, Feathery Fallout, etc, within this thread. All images shown are acceptable under Flight Rising's Rules and Policies and, in the cases of the examples above, come from the site's artwork itself. If you need to disengage from this thread to avoid those elements, please do so now. It's recommended to view this thread with [u]Text Styling On[/u], however it is [u]not necessary[/u] for formatting readability. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/25781.png[/img][nextcol][b]Frosthome[/b] is a bustling city, built into the mountains of the Cloudscrape Crags, deep in the woods. The city is cut through by a river, and is a short distance from Sleetstorm Penitentiary. For some reason, this city is an uncommon travel destination for tourists and merchants.[/columns] [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/28265.png[/img][nextcol][b]Sleetstorm Penitentiary[/b] is an ancient Gaoler prison, revitalized through the efforts of Warden Overseer Inddrin. Sleetstorm specialized in securing and containing Shade-corrupted dragons from all over Sornieth, though they've accumulated many prisoners untouched by the Shade but still too dangerous to let linger aboveground.[/columns] [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/1165.png[/img][nextcol][b]Wickerfrost Village[/b] is a quaint hamlet town skirting the edge of the Cloudscrape Crags, nestled into a fertile valley in the shadow of a mountain. It is a rather sweet, close-knit town that thrives off of traders going from clans in the Cloudscrape Crags towards the Snowsquall Tundra.[/columns] ----- [indent][font=System][size=4]Anouncements:[/indent] [font=System][size=4]9/25/2020: Mistral font switched to Palatino Linotype font for better readability. 12/18/2021: Added warning for Plague Primal, Multigaze, Contaminated Halo, Feathery Fallout, and other Flight Rising images that readers may want to avoid. 8/5/2022: Added Frosthome to the first post. 3/11/2023: Added notice about Text Styling to first post.
Weathered Grimoire Broken Wagon Wheel Empty Inkwell
Progress Report
Level 5 Clearance Documentation, For Sentinel Use Only

Hello, I'm Topazal and welcome to my dragon fanfic vaguely disguised as lore thread! I hope you enjoy your stay pursuing the available lore.

The purpose of this thread is to allow me some leniency in writing story-centric lore that doesn't need to be tied down to a single dragon's profile, plus add a bit more structure to my clan's lore. This won't be like, a consistent thing for me to be working on; this is more of a personal hobby for me.

Comments are welcome, whole conversations aren't. Since I'm a bit of a neat freak and I'm subscribed to the thread, and I'd rather not get spammed too badly. You can comment on this thread, on my profile, or send me a DM!

Warning, there will be clickable images of dragons with Plague Primal, Multigaze, the Contaminated Halo, Feathery Fallout, etc, within this thread.
All images shown are acceptable under Flight Rising's Rules and Policies and, in the cases of the examples above, come from the site's artwork itself.
If you need to disengage from this thread to avoid those elements, please do so now.

It's recommended to view this thread with Text Styling On, however it is not necessary for formatting readability.

25781.png Frosthome is a bustling city, built into the mountains of the Cloudscrape Crags, deep in the woods. The city is cut through by a river, and is a short distance from Sleetstorm Penitentiary. For some reason, this city is an uncommon travel destination for tourists and merchants.
28265.png Sleetstorm Penitentiary is an ancient Gaoler prison, revitalized through the efforts of Warden Overseer Inddrin. Sleetstorm specialized in securing and containing Shade-corrupted dragons from all over Sornieth, though they've accumulated many prisoners untouched by the Shade but still too dangerous to let linger aboveground.
1165.png Wickerfrost Village is a quaint hamlet town skirting the edge of the Cloudscrape Crags, nestled into a fertile valley in the shadow of a mountain. It is a rather sweet, close-knit town that thrives off of traders going from clans in the Cloudscrape Crags towards the Snowsquall Tundra.

Anouncements:
9/25/2020: Mistral font switched to Palatino Linotype font for better readability.

12/18/2021: Added warning for Plague Primal, Multigaze, Contaminated Halo, Feathery Fallout, and other Flight Rising images that readers may want to avoid.

8/5/2022: Added Frosthome to the first post.

3/11/2023: Added notice about Text Styling to first post.
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[center][item=Battered Scroll Case][item=Crumbling Relief][item=Battered Book of Fables] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Navigation[/size][size=3] Level 0 Clearance Documentation[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4]You stand at a crossroads, what path do you decide to take? [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892#post_43027449][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/21406.png[/img][/url][nextcol]FAQ; Connected Clans; Pinglist[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892#post_43027457][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/15295.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Timeline[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892#post_43027470][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/23890.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Culture / Customs[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892#post_43027472][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/28249.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Locations[/columns]
Battered Scroll Case Crumbling Relief Battered Book of Fables
Navigation
Level 0 Clearance Documentation

You stand at a crossroads, what path do you decide to take?

21406.png FAQ; Connected Clans; Pinglist
15295.png Timeline
23890.png Culture / Customs
28249.png Locations
[center][item=Cheerful Chime][item=Avian Gemstaff][item=Emerald Brooch] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Outside Connections[/size][size=3] Level 1 Clearance Documentation, For Seeker and Higher Use Only[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4][b]F[/b]requently [b]A[/b]sked [b]Q[/b]uestions [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Why are the stories out of order in the thread?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]I write lore based on what I feel like writing at the time, so I may jump around the timeline as I work on different pieces of lore. Please reference the Timeline post, as that's where you can find links to different posts in canonical order.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]How much of your lore is based on site lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]I'd say we're at a 60/40 in terms of site/custom lore! I try to strike a good balance with site lore while consistently putting my own spin on things, and elaborating on areas the site lore has left up in the air (ex: the hierarchy of a Gaoler prison)[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Why don't some major events have oneshots written for them? (Like the dismantling of the Stockade)[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Sometimes I like to move on with my lore and not worry too much about making a good resolution oneshot. I have the events planned out in my mind, but I simply don't have the time or energy to write them down sometimes. I may go back and write these events in the future.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Can my clan be a Connected Clan?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]This is a a bit of an involved answer, but short story: Yes! If I know you, think your lore "works" well with my lore (Meaning no major contradictions between our lore), and your clan has an actual connection to mine. Connections between my clan and yours can be in the form of me buying a hatchling from you that becomes a lore dragon (This usually applies if I both know you and your lore; I buy a lot of lore dragons but not every original clan for my dragons is a "Connected Clan"), a roleplay between our dragons or shared headcanons of interactions between our clans. Once we have established a canon connection, then I'll contact you and ask you if I can list you as a "Connected Clan"! Connected Clans are free game to get referenced in my lore (and vice versa!) and get a fun blurb and link in this post.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Do you sell lore/lore hatchlings from your clan?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]On occasion, yes! I don't make them very often unless there's been requests for them, though. I am happy to put together custom lore hatchlings that originated in my clan from any of my breeding pairs on request. Just send me a message and ask if you'd like me to design a lore hatchling for you! I'm more than happy to. Check out my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/360870/1723960]Breeding Tab[/url] for my pairings.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]What is the name of your clan?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Short answer, [u]Frosthome[/u]. Long answer, my lore takes place in an area called [u]Sector 42[/u] in the Southern Icefield; my "clan" is made up of the denizens of Sector 42, who may or may not live in Frosthome, Sleetstorm, Wickerfrost, or any other major settlement. So if you wanted to be wholly accurate, my account contains the entirety of Sector 42, which contains the "clan" of Frosthome.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]When do you post new lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Whenever it's ready! My free time varies, as does my muse for writing FR lore. I'm not planning on abandoning this thread, but I may not update for months at a time. You can bookmark this thread or ask to be put on the pinglist to be notified when this thread updates![/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Can I share my lore with you/share headcanons/talk to you about my lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Yes! Absolutely![/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Are you an RP clan?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Occasionally! I like roleplaying with my clan sometimes, if I'm in the right headspace and I find a good rp partner.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]What are your inspirations for your lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Ohhh, there's a lot! I'll list them all, and specific if I'm picking from them for themes*, worldbuilding**, or characterization***: --The Magnus Archives (Themes) --The Six of Crows duology (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization) --The Eli Monpress series (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization) --Snapcube's Real-Time Fandubs (Characterization) --WayneRadioTV's Half-Life VR: Self Aware AI Saga and Half-Life: Alyx Living Gnome series (Themes and Characterization) --Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra (Worldbuilding) --Homestuck (Characterization) --Undertale (Characterization) --Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural (Themes) --Car Boys by Griffin McElroy and [redacted] (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Moomin, 1990 series (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Welcome to Nightvale (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Borderlands 2 (Themes) --Skyrim (Worldbuilding) --Warrior Cats, Into The Wild and Omen of the Stars arcs (Worldbuilding) --In Space with Markiplier (Themes) --D&D (Worldbuilding) --Sally Face (Themes and Characterization) --Hello Charlotte (Themes) --The Umbrella Academy seasons 1-2 (Characterization) --Far Cry 5 (Themes) If that looks like a lot, it's because it is! I take inspiration from a lot of different sources, and then translate what I enjoy from those sources into my own style of characters, plotlines, and themes. *Themes referring to the general theme and genre of my lore! Ex: Eldritch horror. **Worldbuilding referring to more concrete worldbuilding in my lore, like the visual aesthetics of a location, the setting, political and social structures, etc. ***Characterization referring to how I write my characters! I don't "steal" characters or personalities, but I use other materials to get a deeper understanding of how to make characters feel real, how different tropes can be used, and how to write behaviors and dialogue that sounds natural.[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Why don't you have more answered questions?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]I haven't been asked many things yet; this section will expand when/if questions are asked[/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Can I reference your clan/lore in my lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Short answer, yes! Long answer, go for it! Whatever you put into your lore probably won't be "canonized" in my own lore, but if you want to reference my lore then go for it. I'd also love to hear about it! I'm happy to gush back and forth about lore. This goes doubly if you've bought a hatchling from me and you're incorporating their parents![/i] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]Question[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Answer[/i] ----- [b]C[/b]onnected [b]C[/b]lans [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=318969][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/1056.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Crystal Clear Clan[/b]: A clan of the Sunbeam Ruins, known for mining Rosy Gypsum and recognized by Frosthome's Council. Clan is run by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=318969]Okie[/url].[/columns] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=362777][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/9475.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Zephyrus Clan[/b]: Zephyrus is a clan of new beginnings where those who've been outcast and forgotten may put down new roots. Dragons from many different flights and backgrounds gather here in the floating lair for a chance to start anew. Do not mistake kindness for complacency however. Those who would do harm to the clan will not be welcomed here. Clan is run by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=362777]HatLordAve[/url][/columns] [columns][item=Glass Knife][nextcol]Oh boy it's another clan[/columns] ----- [b]P[/b]inglist [i]This pinglist is used for new oneshots and when I update/add on to my worldbuilding posts.[/i] [pinglist=21628]
Cheerful Chime Avian Gemstaff Emerald Brooch
Outside Connections
Level 1 Clearance Documentation, For Seeker and Higher Use Only

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are the stories out of order in the thread?
I write lore based on what I feel like writing at the time, so I may jump around the timeline as I work on different pieces of lore.
Please reference the Timeline post, as that's where you can find links to different posts in canonical order.

How much of your lore is based on site lore?
I'd say we're at a 60/40 in terms of site/custom lore! I try to strike a good balance with site lore while consistently putting my own spin on things, and elaborating on areas the site lore has left up in the air (ex: the hierarchy of a Gaoler prison)

Why don't some major events have oneshots written for them? (Like the dismantling of the Stockade)
Sometimes I like to move on with my lore and not worry too much about making a good resolution oneshot. I have the events planned out in my mind, but I simply don't have the time or energy to write them down sometimes. I may go back and write these events in the future.

Can my clan be a Connected Clan?
This is a a bit of an involved answer, but short story: Yes! If I know you, think your lore "works" well with my lore (Meaning no major contradictions between our lore), and your clan has an actual connection to mine.

Connections between my clan and yours can be in the form of me buying a hatchling from you that becomes a lore dragon (This usually applies if I both know you and your lore; I buy a lot of lore dragons but not every original clan for my dragons is a "Connected Clan"), a roleplay between our dragons or shared headcanons of interactions between our clans. Once we have established a canon connection, then I'll contact you and ask you if I can list you as a "Connected Clan"!

Connected Clans are free game to get referenced in my lore (and vice versa!) and get a fun blurb and link in this post.

Do you sell lore/lore hatchlings from your clan?
On occasion, yes! I don't make them very often unless there's been requests for them, though. I am happy to put together custom lore hatchlings that originated in my clan from any of my breeding pairs on request.

Just send me a message and ask if you'd like me to design a lore hatchling for you! I'm more than happy to. Check out my Breeding Tab for my pairings.

What is the name of your clan?
Short answer, Frosthome.
Long answer, my lore takes place in an area called Sector 42 in the Southern Icefield; my "clan" is made up of the denizens of Sector 42, who may or may not live in Frosthome, Sleetstorm, Wickerfrost, or any other major settlement. So if you wanted to be wholly accurate, my account contains the entirety of Sector 42, which contains the "clan" of Frosthome.

When do you post new lore?
Whenever it's ready! My free time varies, as does my muse for writing FR lore. I'm not planning on abandoning this thread, but I may not update for months at a time. You can bookmark this thread or ask to be put on the pinglist to be notified when this thread updates!

Can I share my lore with you/share headcanons/talk to you about my lore?
Yes! Absolutely!

Are you an RP clan?
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Occasionally! I like roleplaying with my clan sometimes, if I'm in the right headspace and I find a good rp partner.

What are your inspirations for your lore?
Ohhh, there's a lot! I'll list them all, and specific if I'm picking from them for themes*, worldbuilding**, or characterization***:

--The Magnus Archives (Themes)
--The Six of Crows duology (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization)
--The Eli Monpress series (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization)
--Snapcube's Real-Time Fandubs (Characterization)
--WayneRadioTV's Half-Life VR: Self Aware AI Saga and Half-Life: Alyx Living Gnome series (Themes and Characterization)
--Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra (Worldbuilding)
--Homestuck (Characterization)
--Undertale (Characterization)
--Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural (Themes)
--Car Boys by Griffin McElroy and [redacted] (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Moomin, 1990 series (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Welcome to Nightvale (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Borderlands 2 (Themes)
--Skyrim (Worldbuilding)
--Warrior Cats, Into The Wild and Omen of the Stars arcs (Worldbuilding)
--In Space with Markiplier (Themes)
--D&D (Worldbuilding)
--Sally Face (Themes and Characterization)
--Hello Charlotte (Themes)
--The Umbrella Academy seasons 1-2 (Characterization)
--Far Cry 5 (Themes)

If that looks like a lot, it's because it is! I take inspiration from a lot of different sources, and then translate what I enjoy from those sources into my own style of characters, plotlines, and themes.

*Themes referring to the general theme and genre of my lore! Ex: Eldritch horror.
**Worldbuilding referring to more concrete worldbuilding in my lore, like the visual aesthetics of a location, the setting, political and social structures, etc.
***Characterization referring to how I write my characters! I don't "steal" characters or personalities, but I use other materials to get a deeper understanding of how to make characters feel real, how different tropes can be used, and how to write behaviors and dialogue that sounds natural.

Why don't you have more answered questions?
I haven't been asked many things yet; this section will expand when/if questions are asked

Can I reference your clan/lore in my lore?
Short answer, yes!

Long answer, go for it! Whatever you put into your lore probably won't be "canonized" in my own lore, but if you want to reference my lore then go for it. I'd also love to hear about it! I'm happy to gush back and forth about lore. This goes doubly if you've bought a hatchling from me and you're incorporating their parents!

Question
Answer

Connected Clans
1056.png Crystal Clear Clan: A clan of the Sunbeam Ruins, known for mining Rosy Gypsum and recognized by Frosthome's Council. Clan is run by Okie.
9475.png Zephyrus Clan: Zephyrus is a clan of new beginnings where those who've been outcast and forgotten may put down new roots. Dragons from many different flights and backgrounds gather here in the floating lair for a chance to start anew. Do not mistake kindness for complacency however. Those who would do harm to the clan will not be welcomed here. Clan is run by HatLordAve
Glass Knife Oh boy it's another clan

Pinglist
This pinglist is used for new oneshots and when I update/add on to my worldbuilding posts.

[center][item=Copper Pocketwatch][item=Hourglass][item=Silver Pocketwatch] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Timeline[/size][size=3] Level 3 Clearance Documentation, For Keeper and Higher Use Only[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4]It seems as though [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=360870&tab=dragon&did=60264783]Sentinel Holm[/url] has been keeping track of the timeline of events since Sleetstorm's rebuilding... His organization system is meticulous, but difficult to understand without prior knowledge. It seems as though Sentinel Holm focuses very closely on the timeline of Sleetstorm's ascension itself, and uses these chunks of time to fit in events with Wickerfrost as well. [indent][gamedb item=1148][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening before the First Age.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=7889][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the First Age. The First Age takes place during the rebuilding of Sleetstorm, and officially ends once the prison achieves 50 prisoners.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=8096][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Second Age. The Second Age takes place during the modest accrual of power, guards and prisoners of Sleetstorm, and officially ends once the prison achieves 100 prisoners.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=7695][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Third Age. The Third Age takes place during the full stride of Sleetstorm as an extension of the Icewarden's will, and officially ends once the prison achieves 150 prisoners.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=34759][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Forth Age. The Forth Age takes place during the creation of the Stockade in Wickerfrost, and will officially end upon the creation of Frosthome.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=28259][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Fifth Age. The Fifth Age takes place after the creation of Frosthome.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=28248][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Sixth Age. The Sixth Age takes place after the defeat of the Shadebound and the capture of the Abomination.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] [indent][gamedb item=24501][/indent] [i]This signifies an event happening during the Seventh Age. The Seventh Age takes place after the appointment of the new Seasonal Council Heralds and the confirmation that an Emperor has been created.[/i] [color=transparent]x[/color] ----- [columns][item=Ancestral Incense][nextcol][b]Two Boys:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/1#post_43035444]link[/url] The story of a childhood friendship between two young dragons -----[/columns] [columns][item=Ancestral Incense][nextcol][b]The Calling:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/1#post_43040488]link[/url] An unremarkable girl is given an exceptional purpose -----[/columns] [columns][item=Ancestral Incense][nextcol][b]Beginnings:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/1#post_43047446]link[/url] Three nameless gaolers take a fated journey to an abandoned prison -----[/columns] [columns][item=Ancestral Incense][nextcol][b]Report #000001:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892#post_43066896]link[/url] The Reeve of Wickerfrost recalls his first encounter with the Mayor (The encounter is set before the First Age, but some meta parts of the story told during the Third Age) -----[/columns] [columns][item=Jar of Vapors][nextcol][b]The Call of the Sky:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_53460359]link[/url] A young gaoler is forced to choose between the home he's always known, and the fated unknown -----[/columns] [columns][item=Magi Casting Rod][nextcol][b]Become like the Norm:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43396406]link[/url] A shopkeep greets a unique customer, and strikes up an unlikely friendship -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]It Did Not Rain (I Did Not Cry):[/b] link The funeral of the criminal called Jira -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]New Year, New Problems:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43681113]link[/url] The Council of Seasons introduces their new Heralds -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Enter Operation Gaia:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43352223]link[/url] A team of researchers search for a missing dragon in Wickerfrost -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Compass and a Knife:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43536005]link[/url] Magistrate Venye meets a benefactor within Wickerfrost -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Trapped:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43546536]link[/url] Illyn becomes trapped in a different realm -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Acclimation:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43568807]link[/url] Holm meets his new apprentice -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Found:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43588035]link[/url] Illyn is rescued from the other realm by a team of researchers -----[/columns] [columns][item=Night Flame][nextcol][b]Let's Not Lose Ourselves:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43997276]link[/url] Inddrin, Sirel and Celozon have an important conversation over lunch -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]The Prodigy:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_44328358]link[/url] Mayor Abran unveils her plan, the Council of Seasons makes a miscalculation; the town of Wickerfrost is forever changed. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]Unlikely Savior:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_44334240]link[/url] Prospector Vanilla welcomes some survivors of the Wickerfrost Disaster into a small refugee camp built in a quarry. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]The Sacrifice and Stockade:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_44348646]link[/url] Sentinel Arorangi makes a desperate bid to trap the Abomination. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]Children:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_44620272]link[/url] Fain and Jira, and what it means to love. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]List of the Dead:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_44597564]link[/url] Sentinel Holm pleads with the Fortress of Ends in his letter detailing those killed in the disaster. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]Those in Spring:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_44636313]link[/url] Councilwoman Sycamore reflects on their situation, and Herald Ysolde faces a harsh truth. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]On The Topic of Losing Our Minds:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_45344884]link[/url] Those trapped in the Stockade make a decision of sacrifice, and some unlikely allies rush to their aid. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Menacing Idol][nextcol][b]Carry On:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_45393209]link[/url] The resistance in the Stockade hits rock bottom, and two unhappy cultists defect to offer help. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]The Stockade Report:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_46109118]link[/url] Sentinel Holm interviews some of the survivors from the Stockade after their rescue. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]The Council of Frosthome:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_46121803]link[/url] The Council of Frosthome meets and discusses current events. (Good story recap for the Forth Age moving into the Fifth Age) -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Trouble Lurking:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_45400810]link[/url] The newest member of the Frosthome Court lets his ambitions lead him towards dangerous skills and powerful allies. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Heartbreak was Never So Loud:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47530032]link[/url] Two mates reunite and try to fix their relationship. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Gone Hunting:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/3#post_46136547]link[/url] The hunting party starts their search for the Shadebound. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Drink Your Power:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47483230]link[/url] A young demigod has a lovely conversation with a man of the people about where spring has gone. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Catch of the Night:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_46518725]link[/url] The hunting party has a dangerous encounter with the Shadebound. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]A Look Inside:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47095124]link[/url] A guard's perspective on the goings-on inside of Sleetstorm. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of a Gaoler:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_48646944]link[/url] Mius chronicles the milestones of a Gaoler childhood in his brother's journal. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of an Imperial:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_48965494]link[/url] Issyt chronicles the milestones of an Imperial childhood in his journal. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Eclipse:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47444845]link[/url] The hunting party has their final confrontation with the Shadebound. -----[/columns] [columns][item=King of the Plains][nextcol][b]Growing Older:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47471366]link[/url] Two apprentices are both given the opportunity to ascend to their adult rankings. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Frosthome Medical Center:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47682717]link[/url] A new hospital is opened in Frosthome, though the purpose of the hospital is a lot darker than the doctors tell the public. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]None of us will be Missed:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_47728732]link[/url] Frosthome Hospital is home to many creatures... A new breed of undead rises. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Dustcarve Dig:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3017744/48#post_47874861]link[/url] A small respite; a relief party is sent to the Dustcarve Dig to aid in excavation efforts. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Warrior's Way:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_48609642]link[/url] Frosthome's procession arrives at Warrior's Way, and makes an entrance. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Reverberation of a Nature:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/4#post_48638130]link[/url] Head Sentinel Holm and his apprentice Vorrutyer arrive at the Fortress of Ends to officialize Vorrutyer's adult ranking. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Emperor's Rest:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_49130058]link[/url] Exalted Seeker Fei finds a new threat lurking in the mountains, and Lucdaiel is visited by a helpful creature. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Blackbird Season:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_49724883]link[/url] Hunter Dominic of the Shadebound goes out to hunt a blackbird with his trusty Shade Construct, Lavrenti. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]The Red Guard:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_49770778]link[/url] The accursed of Sector 42 have a meeting, and make a new, powerful enemy. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]The First Testimony:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_49801079]link[/url] The former Reeve of Wickerfrost, Salenor, is called to the Council of Frosthome to testify about Mayor Abran's crimes. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of a Tundra:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_51159711]link[/url] Mius chronicles the milestones of a Tundra childhood in his brother's journal. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]The Second Testimony:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_51226440]link[/url] Spirit Nox, former Winter Councilwoman of Wickerfrost, is called to the Council of Frosthome to testify about the death of late Councilwoman Cloudberry. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]The Third Testimony:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/5#post_51764934]link[/url] The former Reeve of Wickerfrost, Salenor, is called to the Council of Frosthome to finish his testimony about Mayor Abran's crimes. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Cut The Theatrics, Oberon:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_51922510]link[/url] A land dispute turns into a declaration of war. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Rumble in the Icefield:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_52948503]link[/url] An ambassador from the Rumblechaser Herd comes to Frosthome with urgent news, and Tarva risks her life to find the truth. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]A Brother's Love:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_52963109]link[/url] A scholar is forced to turn to a demon's help in finding his brothers. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Monster in the Mountains:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_54082700]link[/url] Tarva returns home with information from the Rumblechaser Herd, while Onille faces an unexpected enemy. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Pachyderm Painting][nextcol][b]Daughter of Dorado:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_54679614]link[/url] An Exalted liaison to the Accursed Vista arrives at Sector 42. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Steel Longneck Helmet][nextcol][b]New Year, Same Problems:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_54682101]link[/url] Four new Heralds are chosen, and arrive early for their first day of training. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Steel Longneck Helmet][nextcol][b]Brutus:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_56198652]link[/url] Councilwoman Equinox and Herald Andres investigate a disturbance down by the river. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Steel Longneck Helmet][nextcol][b]From What Remains:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_56213482]link[/url] Pilgrim begins concocting a jailbreak. -----[/columns] [columns][item=Steel Longneck Helmet][nextcol][b][Monster Hunter]:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/6#post_56485393]link[/url] Crom's little sister arrives at the Accursed Vista, seeking a way to kill death itself. -----[/columns]
Copper Pocketwatch Hourglass Silver Pocketwatch
Timeline
Level 3 Clearance Documentation, For Keeper and Higher Use Only

It seems as though Sentinel Holm has been keeping track of the timeline of events since Sleetstorm's rebuilding... His organization system is meticulous, but difficult to understand without prior knowledge.

It seems as though Sentinel Holm focuses very closely on the timeline of Sleetstorm's ascension itself, and uses these chunks of time to fit in events with Wickerfrost as well.

This signifies an event happening before the First Age.
x This signifies an event happening during the First Age. The First Age takes place during the rebuilding of Sleetstorm, and officially ends once the prison achieves 50 prisoners.
x This signifies an event happening during the Second Age. The Second Age takes place during the modest accrual of power, guards and prisoners of Sleetstorm, and officially ends once the prison achieves 100 prisoners.
x This signifies an event happening during the Third Age. The Third Age takes place during the full stride of Sleetstorm as an extension of the Icewarden's will, and officially ends once the prison achieves 150 prisoners.
x This signifies an event happening during the Forth Age. The Forth Age takes place during the creation of the Stockade in Wickerfrost, and will officially end upon the creation of Frosthome.
x This signifies an event happening during the Fifth Age. The Fifth Age takes place after the creation of Frosthome.
x This signifies an event happening during the Sixth Age. The Sixth Age takes place after the defeat of the Shadebound and the capture of the Abomination.
x This signifies an event happening during the Seventh Age. The Seventh Age takes place after the appointment of the new Seasonal Council Heralds and the confirmation that an Emperor has been created.
x
Ancestral Incense Two Boys: link
The story of a childhood friendship between two young dragons
Ancestral Incense The Calling: link
An unremarkable girl is given an exceptional purpose
Ancestral Incense Beginnings: link
Three nameless gaolers take a fated journey to an abandoned prison
Ancestral Incense Report #000001: link
The Reeve of Wickerfrost recalls his first encounter with the Mayor
(The encounter is set before the First Age, but some meta parts of the story told during the Third Age)
Jar of Vapors The Call of the Sky: link
A young gaoler is forced to choose between the home he's always known, and the fated unknown
Magi Casting Rod Become like the Norm: link
A shopkeep greets a unique customer, and strikes up an unlikely friendship
Night Flame It Did Not Rain (I Did Not Cry): link
The funeral of the criminal called Jira
Night Flame New Year, New Problems: link
The Council of Seasons introduces their new Heralds
Night Flame Enter Operation Gaia: link
A team of researchers search for a missing dragon in Wickerfrost
Night Flame Compass and a Knife: link
Magistrate Venye meets a benefactor within Wickerfrost
Night Flame Trapped: link
Illyn becomes trapped in a different realm
Night Flame Acclimation: link
Holm meets his new apprentice
Night Flame Found: link
Illyn is rescued from the other realm by a team of researchers
Night Flame Let's Not Lose Ourselves: link
Inddrin, Sirel and Celozon have an important conversation over lunch
Menacing Idol The Prodigy: link
Mayor Abran unveils her plan, the Council of Seasons makes a miscalculation; the town of Wickerfrost is forever changed.
Menacing Idol Unlikely Savior: link
Prospector Vanilla welcomes some survivors of the Wickerfrost Disaster into a small refugee camp built in a quarry.
Menacing Idol The Sacrifice and Stockade: link
Sentinel Arorangi makes a desperate bid to trap the Abomination.
Menacing Idol Children: link
Fain and Jira, and what it means to love.
Menacing Idol List of the Dead: link
Sentinel Holm pleads with the Fortress of Ends in his letter detailing those killed in the disaster.
Menacing Idol Those in Spring: link
Councilwoman Sycamore reflects on their situation, and Herald Ysolde faces a harsh truth.
Menacing Idol On The Topic of Losing Our Minds: link
Those trapped in the Stockade make a decision of sacrifice, and some unlikely allies rush to their aid.
Menacing Idol Carry On: link
The resistance in the Stockade hits rock bottom, and two unhappy cultists defect to offer help.
King of the Plains The Stockade Report: link
Sentinel Holm interviews some of the survivors from the Stockade after their rescue.
King of the Plains The Council of Frosthome: link
The Council of Frosthome meets and discusses current events.
(Good story recap for the Forth Age moving into the Fifth Age)
King of the Plains Trouble Lurking: link
The newest member of the Frosthome Court lets his ambitions lead him towards dangerous skills and powerful allies.
King of the Plains Heartbreak was Never So Loud: link
Two mates reunite and try to fix their relationship.
King of the Plains Gone Hunting: link
The hunting party starts their search for the Shadebound.
King of the Plains Drink Your Power: link
A young demigod has a lovely conversation with a man of the people about where spring has gone.
King of the Plains Catch of the Night: link
The hunting party has a dangerous encounter with the Shadebound.
King of the Plains A Look Inside: link
A guard's perspective on the goings-on inside of Sleetstorm.
King of the Plains Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of a Gaoler: link
Mius chronicles the milestones of a Gaoler childhood in his brother's journal.
King of the Plains Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of an Imperial: link
Issyt chronicles the milestones of an Imperial childhood in his journal.
King of the Plains Eclipse: link
The hunting party has their final confrontation with the Shadebound.
King of the Plains Growing Older: link
Two apprentices are both given the opportunity to ascend to their adult rankings.
Pachyderm Painting Frosthome Medical Center: link
A new hospital is opened in Frosthome, though the purpose of the hospital is a lot darker than the doctors tell the public.
Pachyderm Painting None of us will be Missed: link
Frosthome Hospital is home to many creatures... A new breed of undead rises.
Pachyderm Painting Dustcarve Dig: link
A small respite; a relief party is sent to the Dustcarve Dig to aid in excavation efforts.
Pachyderm Painting Warrior's Way: link
Frosthome's procession arrives at Warrior's Way, and makes an entrance.
Pachyderm Painting Reverberation of a Nature: link
Head Sentinel Holm and his apprentice Vorrutyer arrive at the Fortress of Ends to officialize Vorrutyer's adult ranking.
Pachyderm Painting Emperor's Rest: link
Exalted Seeker Fei finds a new threat lurking in the mountains, and Lucdaiel is visited by a helpful creature.
Pachyderm Painting Blackbird Season: link
Hunter Dominic of the Shadebound goes out to hunt a blackbird with his trusty Shade Construct, Lavrenti.
Pachyderm Painting The Red Guard: link
The accursed of Sector 42 have a meeting, and make a new, powerful enemy.
Pachyderm Painting The First Testimony: link
The former Reeve of Wickerfrost, Salenor, is called to the Council of Frosthome to testify about Mayor Abran's crimes.
Pachyderm Painting Issyt's Journal: The Lifespan of a Tundra: link
Mius chronicles the milestones of a Tundra childhood in his brother's journal.
Pachyderm Painting The Second Testimony: link
Spirit Nox, former Winter Councilwoman of Wickerfrost, is called to the Council of Frosthome to testify about the death of late Councilwoman Cloudberry.
Pachyderm Painting The Third Testimony: link
The former Reeve of Wickerfrost, Salenor, is called to the Council of Frosthome to finish his testimony about Mayor Abran's crimes.
Pachyderm Painting Cut The Theatrics, Oberon: link
A land dispute turns into a declaration of war.
Pachyderm Painting Rumble in the Icefield: link
An ambassador from the Rumblechaser Herd comes to Frosthome with urgent news, and Tarva risks her life to find the truth.
Pachyderm Painting A Brother's Love: link
A scholar is forced to turn to a demon's help in finding his brothers.
Pachyderm Painting Monster in the Mountains: link
Tarva returns home with information from the Rumblechaser Herd, while Onille faces an unexpected enemy.
Pachyderm Painting Daughter of Dorado: link
An Exalted liaison to the Accursed Vista arrives at Sector 42.
Steel Longneck Helmet New Year, Same Problems: link
Four new Heralds are chosen, and arrive early for their first day of training.
Steel Longneck Helmet Brutus: link
Councilwoman Equinox and Herald Andres investigate a disturbance down by the river.
Steel Longneck Helmet From What Remains: link
Pilgrim begins concocting a jailbreak.
Steel Longneck Helmet [Monster Hunter]: link
Crom's little sister arrives at the Accursed Vista, seeking a way to kill death itself.
[center][item=Banded Sardonyx][item=Berserker's Belt][item=Eye Agate] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Customs and Culture[/size][size=3] Level 0 Clearance Documentation[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4]The documented common culture and customs of the civilizations within Sector 42: Sleetstorm, Wickerfrost and Frosthome. [color=transparent]x[/color] ----- [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Shared Customs[/size][size=3] They rarely share, but some mindsets overlap despite this[/center] [quote=Political Relations | First to Third Age]The relationship between Sleetstorm and Wickerfrost is one of mutual benefit, while also being mutually revolted by each other. Sleetstorm needs the food and supplies Wickerfrost supplies, but views the town as little more than a liability or annoyance. A necessity for sure, but not one any of the guards particularly care for as Wickerfrost has consistently gotten in their way. Wickerfrost enjoys the protections Sleetstorm provides in exchange for food and supplies, but hates how the guards seem to always be looking down on them and disrupting their day-to-day lives with dangerous Shade threats.[/quote] [quote=Titles and Rank | First to Third Age]Wickerfrost and Sleetstorm share the same, irrational obsession with titles and ranks. It is customary to always call a Sleetstorm by their Order and then their Name - ex: Sentry Sirel - or if they have an extra title, to say that and then their Order and then their Name - ex: Warden Overseer Inddrin. Wickerfrost doesn't have gaoler Orders, but in terms of government it's seen as crass to call a high-ranking official by their first name exclusively unless you both are very close. As an example, Councilwoman Nox may call Councilwoman Sycamore simply as Sycamore and vise versa as they are close friends, but that does not mean commonfolk are allowed to do so. There are no punishments or rules that require this, but it's an easy way to take a big hit in social standing if you deign to refer to Mayor Abran as simply Abran. One exception to this rule is, of course, if you're calling them only by their title. Calling Mayor Abran simply as the Mayor, or Warden Overseer Inddrin only as the Warden, are acceptable. The other exception is if you're higher than them politically, and have no issue letting them resent you.[/quote] ----- [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Sleetstorm Customs[/size][size=3] A Gaoler prison has a unique way of life for those who inhabit it[/center] [quote=Hierarchy]Sleetstorm is governed by a system of one Warden, who leads the clan, and four Heads for different Orders, who delegate among their own Order. The Seekers are in charge of scouting and capturing Webwing and Fungalhoof level threats, and typically don't spend much time in Sleetstorm itself as they travel all over the continent searching out Shade corruptions. The Sentries are in charge of managing the Webwing level of Sleetstorm, which is the highest level of the underground prison and the last line of defense if any larger threats attempt to escape from below. Webwing level threats are normally quite docile, and can even be helpful around the prison as janitors, artists, informants, construction workers, etc. The Keepers are in charge of managing the Fungalhoof level of Sleetstorm, which is the mid-tier of the underground prison. The Fungalhoof level has a wide range of prisoners, ranging from scary-but-passive to incredibly dangerous. The Keepers primarily stay within the prison itself, and are very picky about only allowing Gaolers to become Keepers. The Overseers are in charge of managing the Hydra level of Sleetstorm, which is the lowest level of the underground prison and houses the most extreme threats. Hydra level threats are typically kept frozen in cryostasis, and one of the many tasks for Overseers is not only patrolling the icy depths of the Hydra level but also neutralizing any Hydra level threats above-ground that the Seekers report.[/quote] [quote=Animals][gamedb monster=380]and [gamedb monster=381]are common hauling and fighting animals, and are kept within Sleetstorm's vast stables. These greatowls are well-trained to be around dragons and not spook around Shade beasts, and are only slightly smaller than most Gaolers.[/quote] ----- [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Wickerfrost Customs[/size][size=3] An isolated, rural community is the perfect place for incredible culture to develop First to Third Age[/center] [quote=Government]Wickerfrost is governed rather loosely, with Matriarch Abran acting as a sort of mayor or clan head when the necessity arises for a single power. The real power however, is held in the Council of Seasons and the Reeve. The Reeve is the second in command only to Matriarch Abran, and does most of the governmental busywork around Wickerfrost. Things like building permits, trading licences, tax disputes, it all goes through the Reeve. The Reeve is also in charge of smaller delegations of government, such as the Tax Collector and Treasurer. The Council of Seasons acts as the main influences during the different seasons. The Councilwomen take turns making decisions for setting budgets, organizing defenses and keeping track of the food supply. There is one Councilwoman for each season - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter - and while they hold some sway in the off-seasons, their true power is only achieved once a year. The Councilmembers are also master mages, and tend to the magical aspect of the town during their peak season. Every member of the Council can also choose a Herald, who acts as an understudy slash apprentice and will take over their Councilmember's season if something happens to them. The Heralds, like the Councilmembers, are adept magical users though their power does grow and wane with the changing of the seasons.[/quote] [quote=Trove Mining]Trove Mining INC. first arrived in Wickerfrost around the middle of the Third Age. Headed by Prospector Vanilla, they set up a modest mining operation to the southwest of the town. Their goal? To mine Apatite and extract the rare metals from it. The dragons who work at the Trove mine aren't exactly well-regarded around Wickerfrost, as most dragons raised around there see the mining as detrimental to their way of life, and the exhaust from the refinery has caused a fine mist of Apatite dust to linger around the town, causing everybody who spends more than a few hours in the fresh air to start feeling insatiable hunger pangs. But, Trove has brought wealth to the town and isn't doing anything illegal; there simply aren't any laws in Wickerfrost to prevent their rampant exploitation.[/quote] [quote=Operation Gaia]Operation Gaia is the name of an exploratory mission, heralded by a four-person team from Deliverance College. The objective of Operation Gaia? To document and understand the magical environment of Wickerfrost Village, with a secondary objective to find Vyketh Ironwrought; a researcher who went missing a few years ago, and who's last known location was in Wickerfrost Village.[/quote] ----- [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Frosthome Customs[/size][size=3] In the ashes, we rise; united. Fifth Age and onwards.[/center] [quote=Government]The government of Frosthome is a mix between Wickerfrost and Sleetstorm's hierarchies. There is a Greater Frosthome Council, consisting of five members; the two highest ranking Gaolers from Sleetstorm, and the three remaining Council of Seasons. When a Councilmember of Winter can be found and trained, it's assumed the Greater Frosthome Council will welcome them as their sixth member. The Greater Frosthome Council makes the major decisions for Frosthome, and is in charge of directing the city's focus and goals. They work closely with the guards, local industries, and Sleetstorm's major authorities to ensure the city runs smoothly and efficiently. The Greater Council also has a sizable Court, which is made up of many dragons who act as advisors to the Council. The Court is full of important political figures with deep ties to Frosthome, and it typically requires a large amount of bravery and excellence to become a part of the Council.[/quote] [quote=Titles]Frosthome shares Sleetstorm and Wickerfrost's obsessive need for titles. It is seen as a great disrespect to refer to a dragon by name alone, unless they are very close to you. For example, a dragon who's mate is the Forgemaster may refer to their mate by name alone, but other dragons must use Forgemaster as a title before speaking their name. The melding of Gaoler Orders with more generalized roles, such as Hunter, has only made the obsession with titles intensify. For Gaolers, they are normally referred to by their role first and then their Order. For example, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63198205]Tracker-Sentry Arpine[/url]. Regular dragons too have begun using this string of titles that the Gaolers coined. Some dragons who serve multiple roles will use strings of titles, leading with their most authoritative title. For example, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38785625]Inspector-Fisher Sigurd[/url]. When referring to a dragon only by their title, it is customary to use their most authoritative title. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57140569]Warden-Overseer Inddrin[/url] can be referred to simply as Warden. A Gaoler with two titles would formally be addressed by their Order, such as [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59605529]Guard-Keeper Coy[/url] being referred to as Keeper. The difference between the two kinds of rules - Gaolers leading with their least authoritative title, civilian dragons leading with their most authoritative title - originate in a difference of perception. Gaoler guards from Sleetstorm view the titles as a building narrative, where their role is "built" through their titles and ends on their most important title. Frosthome civilian dragons view their titles as an introduction, so they want to put their "best foot forward" so to say.[/quote] ----- [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]General Worldbuilding[/size][size=3] Nobody lives in a vacuum[/center] [quote=Beastclans][b]The Sphinx[/b] are long-time allies of Wickerfrost and support Frosthome's creation, and their leaders work closely with the Council of Seasons to ensure a future of plentiful and peaceful years. Much like the Council of Seasons, the Sphinx pride switches leadership by the season, though their reasons for doing so are less magic-oriented and more focused on ensuring a strong leadership, no matter the conditions. The Sphinx are not friendly towards Sleetstorm, and view the guards of the prison with tempered hostility. They recognize the poison that the prison leaks into the land by continuing to entrap the Shade-touched, and individual Sphinx will do their best to cause problems for any dragons working for Sleetstorm. [b]The Imps[/b] are a rare sight in the Southern Icefield, unless you know where to look. Specifically, the deep underground chambers of Sleetstorm are one such place to find them; entrusted with a lot of general maintenance duties, [gamedb item=30293]are treated with respect and loyalty from their fellow guards as they go about their duties. Outsiders are not aware of the imps living under Sleetstorm's protection, but doubtless would be unnerved by the symbiotic relationship between the dragonic guards and the imp guards. [b]The Centaurs[/b], specifically a herd of centaurs that call themselves the Rumblechaser Herd, live on the far east edges of Sector 42. This herd is known for being vicious towards dragonkind, seeking to drive it out of the soft meadows bordering the Cloudscrape Crags. The Rumblechaser Herd has raided Wickerfrost in the past, though they've been inactive in the area for some time as Wickerfrost expanded and Sleetstorm's Gaolers have moved in. They still cause much trouble by disrupting trade routes and attacking dragons who stray too far into the wilderness, and they have gotten bolder since Wickerfrost's destruction and Frosthome's creation. Some swear the Rumblechasers have been stealing dragon eggs... [gamedb item=13414]is used as the main currency between the Beastclans of Sector 42. It can be used by a dragon to trade with any friendly Beastclans in the area, most commonly the Sphinx pride.[/quote] [quote=Additional Wings]The sight of a dragon with multiple sets of wings, typically feathered, is an uncommon but not rare occurrence in this area. Oftentimes these wings are treated as gifts from the deities themselves for great deeds; whether it's an incredible scientific discovery, a war well-waged or simply divine favor. The Feathered sets and any accented feathered wings are counted as divine favor. The record for the largest amount of additional wings belongs to Mayor [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58410779]Abran[/url]. With a set of feathered wings gifted by the Flamecaller, and a second set gifted - perhaps wrongfully - by the Icewarden, alongside her birth wings. This totals out to three sets of wings, which Mayor Abran can surprisingly fly with, but not without the aid of her magic. Most of those gifted with additional wings only have one pair given, as it's customary for a single set of wings for a single deity's favor. Many dragons in the area will also adorn themselves with fake sets of extra wings, as a way to fashionably show off one's wealth and status. The Steampunk sets and Sylvan sets of wings are decorative.[/quote] [quote=Animals]Sector 42 has many notable animals, which are often referenced within the stories chronicled here. [gamedb monster=332]and [gamedb monster=333]are hauling animals, notable for being the most popular hauling animals for their general hardiness, ability to eat both plants and meat, and being too large to become a passerby's snack if left alone. They are trainable, but highly stubborn and can be dangerous to medium or small dragons. [gamedb monster=208]and [gamedb monster=209]are commonly raised as meat animals, praised for their omnivorous diet and hyper-social behavior. Their flightiness means they cannot be trained to do complex tasks, but they make up for this by legging large eggs on a daily basis. [gamedb monster=124]and [gamedb monster=125]are akin to the chickens of Wickerfrost. Raised by many local dragons for their meat and eggs, dodos are a common livestock animal. [gamedb monster=428], [gamedb monster=429], [gamedb item=33457]and [gamedb item=607]are livestock animals, but are only kept by the most experienced of farmers. It's not uncommon to see local Rambra milk, meat and pelt being sold in the communities within Sector 42. [gamedb monster=158]many dragons in Sector 42 raise turkeys for their meat. [gamedb monster=206]are local menaces, brought about by Trove Mining's operations. Wild Apatite Fishers are a kill-on-sight, as they will often steal food from nearby carts, stalls and even out of a dragon's hands. Many poachers catch them and bring them to other towns to be sold as fancy pets however, so they're mildly useful in that way. [gamedb monster=443]are prized by local hunters for their pelts and meat, and during winter large herds will migrate through the forests in Sector 42 causing a great wave of hunting and celebration in an event called the Midwinter Migration. [gamedb monster=91]and [gamedb monster=90]are local predators, and are known for attacking fae, spirals and hatchlings and fledglings of other breeds. [gamedb item=33722], [gamedb item=31363], [gamedb item=31695]and [gamedb item=32593] are traditional companions and advisors to the Council of Seasons and are normally taken as familiars by their respective Councilmember. Other Sphinx, such as the [gamedb item=28140]and [gamedb item=28232]also live in Sector 42, and are amicable towards the draconic population.[/quote] [quote=The Shade's Influence]The Shade has many documented influences on dragonkind, some of which are highlighted in Sector 42. [b]Shade-Touched[/b] is a term for a dragon who's magical essence has been corrupted by the Shade. A Shade-Touched dragon often loses their mind, as their magic is corrupted wholly and they become dependent on the Shade. These dragons can become violent without provocation, and can have issues remembering who they are. [b]Shade Feedback[/b] is a term for the affects that happen when there's too much Shade magic condensed into an area. Shade Feedback affects the body, not the mind, and can lead to spontaneous growth of wings, horns, beaks, or even make a dragon turn partially into sludge. Some would describe this as a Blessing from the Shade. A dragon hit solely by Shade Feedback is not at a risk of having their mind corrupted by the Shade, and is thus deemed safe by most Gaolers and anti-Shade forces. [b]Shadebound[/b] is the name for a group of Shade-worshipping cultists that exist in Sector 42. They worship the Shade as a new deity, and believe the Shade's destruction will pave the way for them to rebuild the world in their own image.\\ [b]Shade Construct[/b] is a new term coined for unnatural creatures created from the residual destruction of the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63120646]Abomination[/url]. Shade Constructs may look like dragons, and even act like dragons in some ways, but are wholly different and typically mad and irrational from the Shade's influence on their minds. There is debate over whether or not Shade Constructs can be considered sentient, or if they simply act on instinct when not obeying the orders of their creators.[/quote] [quote=Curses]In a world where magic runs rampant, there are also many ways of negatively effecting others with that magic. When a negative magical effect lasts for longer than three weeks, then it can only be described as a curse. Some documented curses are [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43396406]rapidly being forgotten[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2850892/2#post_43588035]physical altercations[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62718886]reverting to a feral state[/url] and any kind of Shade Influence. It's uncertain how many curses exist, and how complex they are. One thing is for sure; Sector 42 has enough magic to leave many dragons unwittingly cursed in one way or another.[/quote]
Banded Sardonyx Berserker's Belt Eye Agate
Customs and Culture

The documented common culture and customs of the civilizations within Sector 42: Sleetstorm, Wickerfrost and Frosthome.
x

Shared Customs
They rarely share, but some mindsets overlap despite this
Political Relations | First to Third Age wrote:
The relationship between Sleetstorm and Wickerfrost is one of mutual benefit, while also being mutually revolted by each other.

Sleetstorm needs the food and supplies Wickerfrost supplies, but views the town as little more than a liability or annoyance. A necessity for sure, but not one any of the guards particularly care for as Wickerfrost has consistently gotten in their way.

Wickerfrost enjoys the protections Sleetstorm provides in exchange for food and supplies, but hates how the guards seem to always be looking down on them and disrupting their day-to-day lives with dangerous Shade threats.
Titles and Rank | First to Third Age wrote:
Wickerfrost and Sleetstorm share the same, irrational obsession with titles and ranks. It is customary to always call a Sleetstorm by their Order and then their Name - ex: Sentry Sirel - or if they have an extra title, to say that and then their Order and then their Name - ex: Warden Overseer Inddrin.

Wickerfrost doesn't have gaoler Orders, but in terms of government it's seen as crass to call a high-ranking official by their first name exclusively unless you both are very close. As an example, Councilwoman Nox may call Councilwoman Sycamore simply as Sycamore and vise versa as they are close friends, but that does not mean commonfolk are allowed to do so.

There are no punishments or rules that require this, but it's an easy way to take a big hit in social standing if you deign to refer to Mayor Abran as simply Abran.

One exception to this rule is, of course, if you're calling them only by their title. Calling Mayor Abran simply as the Mayor, or Warden Overseer Inddrin only as the Warden, are acceptable.

The other exception is if you're higher than them politically, and have no issue letting them resent you.

Sleetstorm Customs
A Gaoler prison has a unique way of life for those who inhabit it
Hierarchy wrote:
Sleetstorm is governed by a system of one Warden, who leads the clan, and four Heads for different Orders, who delegate among their own Order.

The Seekers are in charge of scouting and capturing Webwing and Fungalhoof level threats, and typically don't spend much time in Sleetstorm itself as they travel all over the continent searching out Shade corruptions.

The Sentries are in charge of managing the Webwing level of Sleetstorm, which is the highest level of the underground prison and the last line of defense if any larger threats attempt to escape from below. Webwing level threats are normally quite docile, and can even be helpful around the prison as janitors, artists, informants, construction workers, etc.

The Keepers are in charge of managing the Fungalhoof level of Sleetstorm, which is the mid-tier of the underground prison. The Fungalhoof level has a wide range of prisoners, ranging from scary-but-passive to incredibly dangerous. The Keepers primarily stay within the prison itself, and are very picky about only allowing Gaolers to become Keepers.

The Overseers are in charge of managing the Hydra level of Sleetstorm, which is the lowest level of the underground prison and houses the most extreme threats. Hydra level threats are typically kept frozen in cryostasis, and one of the many tasks for Overseers is not only patrolling the icy depths of the Hydra level but also neutralizing any Hydra level threats above-ground that the Seekers report.
Animals wrote:
Hulking Greatowland Armored Greatowlare common hauling and fighting animals, and are kept within Sleetstorm's vast stables. These greatowls are well-trained to be around dragons and not spook around Shade beasts, and are only slightly smaller than most Gaolers.

Wickerfrost Customs
An isolated, rural community is the perfect place for incredible culture to develop
First to Third Age
Government wrote:
Wickerfrost is governed rather loosely, with Matriarch Abran acting as a sort of mayor or clan head when the necessity arises for a single power. The real power however, is held in the Council of Seasons and the Reeve.

The Reeve is the second in command only to Matriarch Abran, and does most of the governmental busywork around Wickerfrost. Things like building permits, trading licences, tax disputes, it all goes through the Reeve. The Reeve is also in charge of smaller delegations of government, such as the Tax Collector and Treasurer.

The Council of Seasons acts as the main influences during the different seasons. The Councilwomen take turns making decisions for setting budgets, organizing defenses and keeping track of the food supply. There is one Councilwoman for each season - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter - and while they hold some sway in the off-seasons, their true power is only achieved once a year. The Councilmembers are also master mages, and tend to the magical aspect of the town during their peak season.

Every member of the Council can also choose a Herald, who acts as an understudy slash apprentice and will take over their Councilmember's season if something happens to them. The Heralds, like the Councilmembers, are adept magical users though their power does grow and wane with the changing of the seasons.
Trove Mining wrote:
Trove Mining INC. first arrived in Wickerfrost around the middle of the Third Age. Headed by Prospector Vanilla, they set up a modest mining operation to the southwest of the town. Their goal? To mine Apatite and extract the rare metals from it.

The dragons who work at the Trove mine aren't exactly well-regarded around Wickerfrost, as most dragons raised around there see the mining as detrimental to their way of life, and the exhaust from the refinery has caused a fine mist of Apatite dust to linger around the town, causing everybody who spends more than a few hours in the fresh air to start feeling insatiable hunger pangs.

But, Trove has brought wealth to the town and isn't doing anything illegal; there simply aren't any laws in Wickerfrost to prevent their rampant exploitation.
Operation Gaia wrote:
Operation Gaia is the name of an exploratory mission, heralded by a four-person team from Deliverance College.

The objective of Operation Gaia? To document and understand the magical environment of Wickerfrost Village, with a secondary objective to find Vyketh Ironwrought; a researcher who went missing a few years ago, and who's last known location was in Wickerfrost Village.

Frosthome Customs
In the ashes, we rise; united.
Fifth Age and onwards.
Government wrote:
The government of Frosthome is a mix between Wickerfrost and Sleetstorm's hierarchies. There is a Greater Frosthome Council, consisting of five members; the two highest ranking Gaolers from Sleetstorm, and the three remaining Council of Seasons. When a Councilmember of Winter can be found and trained, it's assumed the Greater Frosthome Council will welcome them as their sixth member.

The Greater Frosthome Council makes the major decisions for Frosthome, and is in charge of directing the city's focus and goals. They work closely with the guards, local industries, and Sleetstorm's major authorities to ensure the city runs smoothly and efficiently.

The Greater Council also has a sizable Court, which is made up of many dragons who act as advisors to the Council. The Court is full of important political figures with deep ties to Frosthome, and it typically requires a large amount of bravery and excellence to become a part of the Council.
Titles wrote:
Frosthome shares Sleetstorm and Wickerfrost's obsessive need for titles. It is seen as a great disrespect to refer to a dragon by name alone, unless they are very close to you. For example, a dragon who's mate is the Forgemaster may refer to their mate by name alone, but other dragons must use Forgemaster as a title before speaking their name.

The melding of Gaoler Orders with more generalized roles, such as Hunter, has only made the obsession with titles intensify. For Gaolers, they are normally referred to by their role first and then their Order. For example, Tracker-Sentry Arpine.

Regular dragons too have begun using this string of titles that the Gaolers coined. Some dragons who serve multiple roles will use strings of titles, leading with their most authoritative title. For example, Inspector-Fisher Sigurd.

When referring to a dragon only by their title, it is customary to use their most authoritative title. Warden-Overseer Inddrin can be referred to simply as Warden. A Gaoler with two titles would formally be addressed by their Order, such as Guard-Keeper Coy being referred to as Keeper.

The difference between the two kinds of rules - Gaolers leading with their least authoritative title, civilian dragons leading with their most authoritative title - originate in a difference of perception. Gaoler guards from Sleetstorm view the titles as a building narrative, where their role is "built" through their titles and ends on their most important title. Frosthome civilian dragons view their titles as an introduction, so they want to put their "best foot forward" so to say.

General Worldbuilding
Nobody lives in a vacuum
Beastclans wrote:
The Sphinx are long-time allies of Wickerfrost and support Frosthome's creation, and their leaders work closely with the Council of Seasons to ensure a future of plentiful and peaceful years. Much like the Council of Seasons, the Sphinx pride switches leadership by the season, though their reasons for doing so are less magic-oriented and more focused on ensuring a strong leadership, no matter the conditions.

The Sphinx are not friendly towards Sleetstorm, and view the guards of the prison with tempered hostility. They recognize the poison that the prison leaks into the land by continuing to entrap the Shade-touched, and individual Sphinx will do their best to cause problems for any dragons working for Sleetstorm.

The Imps are a rare sight in the Southern Icefield, unless you know where to look. Specifically, the deep underground chambers of Sleetstorm are one such place to find them; entrusted with a lot of general maintenance duties, Dripcave Deputyare treated with respect and loyalty from their fellow guards as they go about their duties.

Outsiders are not aware of the imps living under Sleetstorm's protection, but doubtless would be unnerved by the symbiotic relationship between the dragonic guards and the imp guards.

The Centaurs, specifically a herd of centaurs that call themselves the Rumblechaser Herd, live on the far east edges of Sector 42. This herd is known for being vicious towards dragonkind, seeking to drive it out of the soft meadows bordering the Cloudscrape Crags.

The Rumblechaser Herd has raided Wickerfrost in the past, though they've been inactive in the area for some time as Wickerfrost expanded and Sleetstorm's Gaolers have moved in. They still cause much trouble by disrupting trade routes and attacking dragons who stray too far into the wilderness, and they have gotten bolder since Wickerfrost's destruction and Frosthome's creation. Some swear the Rumblechasers have been stealing dragon eggs...

Prehniteis used as the main currency between the Beastclans of Sector 42. It can be used by a dragon to trade with any friendly Beastclans in the area, most commonly the Sphinx pride.
Additional Wings wrote:
The sight of a dragon with multiple sets of wings, typically feathered, is an uncommon but not rare occurrence in this area. Oftentimes these wings are treated as gifts from the deities themselves for great deeds; whether it's an incredible scientific discovery, a war well-waged or simply divine favor. The Feathered sets and any accented feathered wings are counted as divine favor.

The record for the largest amount of additional wings belongs to Mayor Abran. With a set of feathered wings gifted by the Flamecaller, and a second set gifted - perhaps wrongfully - by the Icewarden, alongside her birth wings. This totals out to three sets of wings, which Mayor Abran can surprisingly fly with, but not without the aid of her magic.

Most of those gifted with additional wings only have one pair given, as it's customary for a single set of wings for a single deity's favor.

Many dragons in the area will also adorn themselves with fake sets of extra wings, as a way to fashionably show off one's wealth and status. The Steampunk sets and Sylvan sets of wings are decorative.
Animals wrote:
Sector 42 has many notable animals, which are often referenced within the stories chronicled here.

Ophiotaurusand Ashscale Ophiotaurusare hauling animals, notable for being the most popular hauling animals for their general hardiness, ability to eat both plants and meat, and being too large to become a passerby's snack if left alone. They are trainable, but highly stubborn and can be dangerous to medium or small dragons.

Hippalectryonand Arctic Hippalectryonare commonly raised as meat animals, praised for their omnivorous diet and hyper-social behavior. Their flightiness means they cannot be trained to do complex tasks, but they make up for this by legging large eggs on a daily basis.

Dodoand Brush Dodoare akin to the chickens of Wickerfrost. Raised by many local dragons for their meat and eggs, dodos are a common livestock animal.

Unburdened Billy, Roundhorn Rager, Satin Rambraand Rambraare livestock animals, but are only kept by the most experienced of farmers. It's not uncommon to see local Rambra milk, meat and pelt being sold in the communities within Sector 42.

Woodland Turkeymany dragons in Sector 42 raise turkeys for their meat.

Apatite Fisherare local menaces, brought about by Trove Mining's operations. Wild Apatite Fishers are a kill-on-sight, as they will often steal food from nearby carts, stalls and even out of a dragon's hands. Many poachers catch them and bring them to other towns to be sold as fancy pets however, so they're mildly useful in that way.

Bullephantare prized by local hunters for their pelts and meat, and during winter large herds will migrate through the forests in Sector 42 causing a great wave of hunting and celebration in an event called the Midwinter Migration.

Black Wolfand Winter Wolfare local predators, and are known for attacking fae, spirals and hatchlings and fledglings of other breeds.

Spring Sphinx, Summer Sphinx, Autumn Sphinxand Winter Sphinx are traditional companions and advisors to the Council of Seasons and are normally taken as familiars by their respective Councilmember. Other Sphinx, such as the Dustfeather Sphinxand Magpie Sphinxalso live in Sector 42, and are amicable towards the draconic population.
The Shade's Influence wrote:
The Shade has many documented influences on dragonkind, some of which are highlighted in Sector 42.

Shade-Touched is a term for a dragon who's magical essence has been corrupted by the Shade. A Shade-Touched dragon often loses their mind, as their magic is corrupted wholly and they become dependent on the Shade. These dragons can become violent without provocation, and can have issues remembering who they are.

Shade Feedback is a term for the affects that happen when there's too much Shade magic condensed into an area. Shade Feedback affects the body, not the mind, and can lead to spontaneous growth of wings, horns, beaks, or even make a dragon turn partially into sludge. Some would describe this as a Blessing from the Shade. A dragon hit solely by Shade Feedback is not at a risk of having their mind corrupted by the Shade, and is thus deemed safe by most Gaolers and anti-Shade forces.

Shadebound is the name for a group of Shade-worshipping cultists that exist in Sector 42. They worship the Shade as a new deity, and believe the Shade's destruction will pave the way for them to rebuild the world in their own image.\\

Shade Construct is a new term coined for unnatural creatures created from the residual destruction of the Abomination. Shade Constructs may look like dragons, and even act like dragons in some ways, but are wholly different and typically mad and irrational from the Shade's influence on their minds. There is debate over whether or not Shade Constructs can be considered sentient, or if they simply act on instinct when not obeying the orders of their creators.
Curses wrote:
In a world where magic runs rampant, there are also many ways of negatively effecting others with that magic. When a negative magical effect lasts for longer than three weeks, then it can only be described as a curse.

Some documented curses are rapidly being forgotten, physical altercations, reverting to a feral state and any kind of Shade Influence.

It's uncertain how many curses exist, and how complex they are. One thing is for sure; Sector 42 has enough magic to leave many dragons unwittingly cursed in one way or another.
[center][item=Auburn Woolly Pelt][item=Beautiful Boulder][item=Birch Logs] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Locations[/size][size=3] Level 0 Clearance Documentation[/font][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4]The documented relevant locations in Sector 42. [color=transparent]x[/color] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/154.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Sleetstorm[/size][size=3] A frighting prison of fear and misery. The Shade's presence here leaks into the soils above.[/center] [quote=Courtyard and Entrance]The entrance to Sleetstorm is large and imposing. A tall, twenty-foot thick stone wall surrounds the moderate courtyard; a large, heavy iron portcullis is the only way in or out of the courtyard, unless one tried to fly in or out. Two guard towers stand on either side of the portcullis, the guards inside ready to strike any escapees or intruders down with bolts of magic. Inside the courtyard the dirt is frozen and tough, and there is a perpetual chill despite the shielding from the winds. One large gate is the only way to the interior of the prison, and this gate is guarded not just by the guards in the towers by the exterior portcullis but also by twin Sentries who watch every dragon enter and exit with trained, cautious glares. The entrance into Sleetstorm proper is inlaid into the stone of the sheer mountain, with small towers and windows poking out further up the mountain the only way to gauge the sheer scale of the underground compound. To the side of the courtyard, there is a small area for tying up Greatowls and receiving shipments of supplies. The courtyard is rarely empty, as guards bustle through in their duties.[/quote] [quote=Upper Level]In grey-stone twisting hallways stretching miles underground, the Upper Level of Sleetstorm is home to all the guards and staff of the prison. The Upper Level is mainly dominated by bedrooms and dorms, which allows all guards to have a personal space to rest and recuperate without needing to leave the premises. Despite the name, the Upper Level actually has multiple floors. However, there are several other important areas on the Upper Level. The Stables are an important location; that multi-story underground hall has a glass roof, and houses an impressive collection of Greatowls bred and trained for various jobs, like transporting Shade-touched dragons back to Sleetstorm aided by a Seeker. Another important area is the Mess Hall and kitchens, where the guards can sit, eat, and talk without worry. Some might even compare the Upper Level of Sleetstorm to a micro-city.[/quote] [quote=Webwing Level]As the highest level that contains prisoners, the Webwing level is quite strict despite the fact that the least dangerous prisoners live there. There are some amenities given to prisoners, like a cafeteria, visitation room, showers, and every cell is allowed a level of customization and luxury uncommon for prisoners. This level also houses the interrogation rooms, and has a small bar for off-duty guards. Though, there is inherent danger to these grey-stone corridors. Despite their friendly exteriors, every prisoner is some level of affected by the Shade, and there is no way for any visitor to easily tell which prisoners have malicious intent. It is a badly-kept secret that Prisoner 0043, or [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57196360]Pendegrast[/url], is the on-site doctor for any ailing guards or prisoners. Even visitors have been allowed to meet with Pendegrast so she can heal them, though that only happens rarely.[/quote] [quote=Fungalhoof Level]The Fungalhoof level is never silent, and it is always in a somewhat chaotic state. This level is deep underground, and guarded heavily by brutish Keepers who snarl and stamp their feet, always herding the dangerous prisoners through the motions of life. The prisoners are given mild freedoms; there is a large cafeteria, where the well-behaved prisoners are permitted to socialize and eat in a place other than their cell. There is no daylight or yard time, but simply staying unfrozen is a luxury for these Shade-touched. Inside the cells themselves are typically customized for each prisoner; they are given some amenities, like running water, clean bedding, and a grate over each vent to prevent [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59314057]Azhi[/url] from climbing into any prisoner's cell at any point in the day. There are no clocks or windows anywhere, and sometimes it feels like the only way of keeping time is basing it on the routines of the gruff guards.[/quote] [quote=Hydra Level]In the deepest depths of Sleetstorm, there are long, almost crystal-like corridors of ice. A dragon can see their breath in the air as they trail through the lonely, utterly silent hallways; inlaid in the deep, unnaturally blue walls of ice there are vague dark shapes which do not move, but still send a chill down any viewer's back. As opposed to cells, there are huge viewing halls where gigantic beasts are kept in giant blocks of ice. Monolithic frozen creatures peer down, perhaps still seeing and perceiving despite their eternal imprisonment. But truly, the scariest creatures within this level are the Overseers, who are happy to trap any intruder inside a block of ice alongside the most dangerous of the Shade-touched.[/quote] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/47.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Wickerfrost[/size][size=3] (First Age to Third Age) Magic buzzes through the air and presses heavy upon one's soul, this little hamlet is more special than it seems.[/center] [quote=Overview]An oppressive buzzing in the air that feels like sparks dances across one's skin when they enter Wickerfrost's boundaries. The small but quaint town is situated on the edge of a forest, but sprawls out into the open fields of the Snowquall Tundra. With a single main road upon which the town is build around, one would be surprised at the sheer life the town exudes. There are always dragons around, walking and flying and dragging carts or hawking wares. Restaurants steal customers from the only inn in town, and the General Store stands tall above other, more specialized shops. Regardless of whether Wickerfrost is a rest-stop or a destination, the town is as alive as any mid-sized clan.[/quote] [quote=Town Hall]Town Hall is a squat, single-story building that is wide and long rather than tall. Red brick shingles cover the roof and white clay bricks make up the walls, and there are not as many windows as one would expect from a governmental building. It has a courtyard, but the cobbled road of the courtyard mixes with the main road to the point of it not mattering anymore. Inside, the Town Hall has a small reception area that leads to a large room full of cubicles. Clearly built for a medium-sized dragon, the bullpen can be cramped or utterly too large for other breeds of dragon. Several hallways branch off from the bullpen and lead to individual offices. One would notice at this point that there are no windows anywhere apart from the reception, and it makes the winding hallways feel cramped and maze-like. Individual offices are no better, but they can at least fit an imperial without too much issue. Regardless, all offices [i]feel[/i] cramped. There is always a smell like smoke around the Town Hall. Ambient magic sparks around the Hall like firecrackers and it never goes away.[/quote] [quote=Main Street]Bustling, bustling, bustling! Main Street flows like a river, there's never enough space and always too many dragons. Sectioned off into sidewalks and the road - which houses many carts, farm animals and other bulky things that must be moved - one will always be bumping shoulders with other dragons while walking. Lining the Main Street are many important places; the Frostedstar Inn, Dead Bird's Pub, the General Store and the Apothecary among other commercial-based places. Through the plethora of alleyways and back-roads can one find housing and other, smaller businesses.[/quote] [quote=Dead Bird's Pub]A squat, ugly building on the main road characterized by the amount of dragons lingering outside in various states of awake. The Dead Bird's Pub serves all sorts of drinks and foods, though the dim lighting and shady atmosphere means most honest dragons avoid this place like water on a winter's night. This business is run by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42321133]Bayvri[/url], who acts as bartender and likes to take a cut of any "business deals" done with the mercenaries who flock to his pub.[/quote] [quote=Frostedstar Inn]This quaint two-story building is a center piece of Wickerfrost's main road. The Frostedstar Inn's bottom floor is dominated by a tavern and the kitchens, where townsfolk and travelers can cozy up and order a hot meal while catching the latest town gossip. The second floor is built with medium sized dragons in mind, and can be cramped or spacious depending on the dragon. There are a mere five rooms for rent by the night, each with a window that's perpetually frozen shut unless it's the middle of summer. This establishment is owned by Innkeeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58705320]Nomad[/url] and his wife, Cook [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58812260]Wanderer[/url].[/quote] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/153.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]The Stockade[/size][size=3] (Forth Age) A magical dome separates the ruins of Wickerfrost from the rest of the world. The devastation is overwhelming and unending, and Shade-touched beasts lurk in the remains of a glorious civilization.[/center] [quote=Overview]A destroyed town, left to fester and lay in rubble. Resources are scarce, and Shade-corrupted monsters lurk in the endless shadows of the dimly-lit town. Hopelessness hangs heavy in the air, and the hum of magic is long gone and leaves an empty void in its wake. A barrier rises over the town in the shape of a dome, cutting off the outside world completely. The Stockade is not for the faint of heart, and a wrong move can lead to a horrific death. Tread carefully.[/quote] [quote=The Dome]The dome itself is 30x30 miles wide and high, cutting into the ground and scooping it out to prevent tunneling. Steel-grey in coloration, the shifting surface of the dome is electric to the touch and impossibly strong. Only a magical effort equal to the efforts of the four Heralds of the Seasons will be enough to bring the barrier down, or smash a hole in it. This amount of magic isn't easy to come by, and would likely take a dedicated team of master mages. The dome repels Shade-touched beasts, and direct contact with the surface of the dome is enough to vaporize a lesser Shade-corrupted beast. It's otherwise harmless to those without the mark of the Shade on them.[/quote] [quote=Last Resort Headquarters]Upon first glance, it looks like any other collapsed building. Just another home, decimated and laying in a heap of rubble atop the foundations. On closer inspection, one might notice tracks in the dust that lead to an uncovered hatch. Opening up the hatch reveals a moderate bunker, likely sized for a small family of medium or small dragons. It's cramped for a large dragon, and can be impossible to fully stand or stretch out. The floor of the bunker is mostly cleared, and there's scraps of fabric; blankets, pillows, rugs, tapestries, even ripped-up clothes that cover the ground in many makeshift beds. It looks uncomfortable, and that's because it is. Shelves are built into the walls that contain a few cans of food and jugs of water, alongside a well-used first-aid kit. Blood stains the walls, floor and beds, left alone because there's nothing to clean it with.[/quote] [quote=Shade Altar]In the center of town is a crater, formed upon the hatching of the Abomination. In the middle of this crater is a sleek obsidian table, with tendril-like sprouts of jet-black plants lining it. The use of this altar is unknown, but it certainly wasn't there before the creation of the Stockade.[/quote] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/151.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Frosthome[/size][size=3] (Forth Age and onward) There is a note of sadness in the air, as dragons flit about trying to repair what's left of their lives. The scars of the past are not easily forgotten.[/center] [quote=Overview]The city sprawls over the mountainside, clinging tightly to a river that winds through the buildings and brings fresh water from the mountains. Snow dusts the stout, hurriedly-constructed structures and the streets are a mix of gravel and frozen dirt. Surrounding the city is sparse forest and mountains. One could get lost easily in the alpine trees and endless snow, and dangerous beasts lurk in the woods to pick off any wandering whelps. Best to stay on the single road that leads in and out of the refugee city if you want to leave...[/quote] [quote=Town Hall]In the town center of Frosthome is the Town Hall, a gigantic log building suited for even a small group of imperials to fit snugly within. This building was built by the Gaolers of Sleetstorm, as an emergency headquarters to interact with the townsfolk during the situation with the Stockade. Now, the Town Hall is used primarily for Council meetings, and town meetings. The interior of the Town Hall is made up of one singular, gigantic meeting hall. There is a large table for the various Councils to gather, and rows of seating for townsfolk to sit and attend any public meetings. The log rafters are visible, and serve as extra seating for the smaller breeds of dragon like fae, veilspun and spirals.[/quote] [quote=Seeing Eye Inn]Innkeeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58705320]Nomad[/url] and his wife, Cook [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58812260]Wanderer[/url], built this new Inn after their former business, Frostedstar Inn, was destroyed by the Abomination. The Seeing Eye Inn is much bigger than it's predecessor, and is clearly built with the new business of Gaolers in mind. The bottom level of the Seeing Eye Inn is taken up by a large dining area, with a small bar ran by Bartender-Keeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57813768]Choir[/url]. The kitchen is on the back of the building, and a large brick oven is situated mere feet from the backdoors of the kitchen in the yard behind. By the front door, Bouncer-Keeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59713785]Mowbray[/url] checks all patrons for weapons before they're allowed to enter. On the second level, there are five private rooms for medium to large sized dragons, and on the third level there are twelve private rooms for small to medium sized dragons.[/quote] [quote=The Warden Frostbank]In the town center of Frosthome is the Warden Frostbank, a modest bank to serve the large population of the town. The interior of the bank is small but well-kept, with gilded tiled floors and arching marble walls unlike the rough, impermanent architecture of the other buildings in Frosthome. Banker [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60510009]Luminus[/url] is the sole banker on duty, though he is often accompanied by one or two of the town guard who watch over the bank and especially the vault with hawkish eyes. The vault itself is deep underground, with a Gaoler-forged vault door fit to keep out a rampaging Shadebeast.[/quote] [quote=Finn's Toy Emporium]In the shopping district of Frosthome, there is a quaint two-story building labeled Finn's Toy Emporium. The large windows on the front of the building reveal a plethora of toys; wooden trains, plush renditions of wolves and cats, marionettes and plush puppets, porcelain dolls of all colors and kinds. The interior of Finn's Toy Emporium is lovelier than what the windows imply. The small space is full of shelves, all overflowing with hand-made toys and games. The toys themselves twitch and move to organize themselves in the chaos, and when one falls and loses a piece a dozen toys leap up to fix the broken one with surprising gentleness. A plush coatl, much smaller than any regular coatl, flits through the aisles on sequin wings and offers tea to whoever enters; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59308442]Paskhal[/url] is not for sale, he is the toymaker's beloved assistant and would be happy to ring up any purchases at the checkout desk. Upstairs is the living space and the workshop, where Toymaker [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58720970]Finn[/url] is hard at work, making toys and enchanting them when needed so they can make themselves at times. His shaky hands and unseeing eyes make it hard to paint the faces of the dolls, but the dolls are happy to do it themselves.[/quote] [quote=The Stormy Tusk General Store]The Stormy Tusk is your one-stop shop for all the necessities of life. While this tiny general store doesn't seem like much on the outside, the plethora of goods made it invaluable. From food staples to hardware supplies and tools, traveling gear, even the latest imported Lightning and Light magazines, the Stormy Tusk has it all. Staffed by the store owner and manager, Shopkeep [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38542551]Lafortier[/url], and Clerk [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60110229]Cairdeas[/url].[/quote] [quote=The Guardhouse]Close to the town center is the Frosthome Guardhouse. This building is the center of power for the Town Guard, and stores equipment, houses the temporary holding cells for suspects, and is staffed by various Guard personnel.[/quote] [quote=The Unbreakable Anvil]In the bustling district of the town known mainly for the prevalence of forges, the Unbreakable Anvil serves as the foremost forge for Frosthome. This smith is built like a trio of long, black spires which plume smoke into the air. The interior of the Unbreakable Anvil shows that each spire corresponds to a deep pool of bubbling lava, used for forging even the toughest metals. The Unbreakable Anvil is staffed by three full rotating staffs, the Day Shift, the Evening Shift, and the Night Shift. Each shift is made up from anywhere from five to sixteen dragons, who work to supply Frosthome with weapons, tools, building necessities like nails and screws, and other requirements of a large town. The Unbreakable Anvil is owned by Forgemaster [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61876543]Kantaira[/url], who oversees all the forges within Frosthome.[/quote] [quote=The Frosthome Hospital]Sterile white hallways, harsh Lightning-imported lights shining down at all hours, the Frosthome Hospital is like any other ultra-modern hospital. It has a small waiting room fit for multiple Guardians to sit comfortably, many consultation rooms suited for Guardians as well, and an operating theater for surgeries. However, the Frosthome Hospital also has darkness lingering within. There are two rooms labeled for storage, which in fact are morgues for patients with no loved ones to claim them. These morgues are saddening, but also concerning when one notices the gouges on the floors and the signs of a struggle clearly visible upon close inspection... The Frosthome Hospital also has a small basement area, where the emergency bloodbank is stored. What the Hospital needs with so much blood is a mystery, but the staff insists on its importance. Staffed by Doctor-Keeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67872134]Megeleus[/url], Doctor [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67986546]Kristoph[/url], Therapist-Sentry [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63832056]Cazimir[/url], Nurse [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66301169]Prys[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68489307]Janitor[/url] Thrall, Cleaner [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68479642]Vassal[/url], Nurse [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69517165]Wilde[/url] and Receptionist [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69341658]Maldwyn[/url].[/quote] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/18.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Trove Quarry[/size][size=3] (Forth Age and onward) The mining operations of a savvy businessman, turned into a makeshift home for a time. Apatite dust is thick in the air, and the feeling of hunger cannot be truly sated.[/center] [quote=The Quarry]In the Everfrozen Woods, in-between the ruins of Wickerfrost and the new settlement of Frosthome, there is a sizable quarry that looks more like a large claw gouged a scar into the earth. Apatite dust clings thick to any moisture, and protective gear is required for descending into the mines; not that protective gear is provided to visitors all that often. On a ledge far above the rocky plains of the quarry, there is a small two-story building with thin walls of wood that clings to the ground as if it'd be blown away by a strong gust of wind. The Foreman's lodge is typically abandoned, as Foreman-Fisher [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38785625]Sigurd[/url] has long abandoned her duties to pursue a new life in Frosthome, but on certain days the guardian can be found working on paperwork in the cramped Foreman's office and overseeing the miners.[/quote] [quote=The Camp]Desperation with an edge of disbelief hangs heavy here, in the twisting tunnels of which have been taken over by a small encampment of refugees. Now, the refugees have all left, but the ruins of the camp still remain; a stark reminder of a horrifying moment in the lives of every dragon who once called Wickerfrost home. Tents lay scattered, with bedrolls and forgotten rations eaten by moths and rats. Somehow, this place feels lonelier than any other area of the quarry.[/quote] ----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/23.png[/img] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]The Everfrozen Woods[/size][size=3] Scraggly, pitch-black trees cling to the side of the mountains and form extensive, untouched forests.[/center] [quote=Overview]Despite the name, the Everfrozen Woods is not always frozen. Though the winters ensure the forest is coated in a thick six feet of snow, and the trees stand as pitch-black signifiers of the life underneath, once the ice thaws the woods transform into a bountiful green habitat for all sorts of creatures. Some native trees to this region are Mountain Hemlock, Sitka Spruce, White Spruce, Black Spruce, Quaking Aspen and Douglas Fir.[/quote] [quote=The Graveyard]Miles into the forest, there is a sizable clearing surrounded by a short fence of stone. Wrought iron gates open to reveal a graveyard; headstones decorate the dead soil, any grass killed by the careless stomping of mourning dragons. In the back of the graveyard is a small home, which is the abode of the graveyard keeper, Coroner [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23630408]Morlan[/url].[/quote] [quote=The Emperor's Rest]This horrible place is easy to find, not that anyone wants to find it. Just follow the crooning and roaring and whimpering until the avalanche is visible. This avalanche, made up of tons and tons of snow, uprooted trees and other plants, and even large amounts of rock and earth, is what makes up the cage of the trapped Emperor. The beast is too weak to dig itself out, its mangled body crushed underneath the weight of a mountainside. Still, Lucdaiel is dangerous, even white trapped. Its heads cry out in unending hunger, and they are quick to snap up anything that moves within reach. Someone should help the poor thing, or at least put it out of its misery...[/quote] [quote=The Accursed Vista]High into the mountains, where the Everfrozen Woods become dense and dark, there is a cliffside plateau where the accursed gather. This sacred meeting place is unknown to the normal denizen of Sector 42, who live peacefully without the knowledge of such chaotic magic all gathering in one spot. This clearing has a beautiful view of the Everfrozen Forest and beyond, with the city of Frosthome clearly visible in the mountainside alongside the fortress of Sleetstorm. Even the ruins of Wickerfrost can be seen, far in the distance.[/quote]
Auburn Woolly Pelt Beautiful Boulder Birch Logs
Locations

The documented relevant locations in Sector 42.
x

154.png
Sleetstorm
A frighting prison of fear and misery. The Shade's presence here leaks into the soils above.
Courtyard and Entrance wrote:
The entrance to Sleetstorm is large and imposing. A tall, twenty-foot thick stone wall surrounds the moderate courtyard; a large, heavy iron portcullis is the only way in or out of the courtyard, unless one tried to fly in or out. Two guard towers stand on either side of the portcullis, the guards inside ready to strike any escapees or intruders down with bolts of magic.

Inside the courtyard the dirt is frozen and tough, and there is a perpetual chill despite the shielding from the winds. One large gate is the only way to the interior of the prison, and this gate is guarded not just by the guards in the towers by the exterior portcullis but also by twin Sentries who watch every dragon enter and exit with trained, cautious glares. The entrance into Sleetstorm proper is inlaid into the stone of the sheer mountain, with small towers and windows poking out further up the mountain the only way to gauge the sheer scale of the underground compound.

To the side of the courtyard, there is a small area for tying up Greatowls and receiving shipments of supplies. The courtyard is rarely empty, as guards bustle through in their duties.
Upper Level wrote:
In grey-stone twisting hallways stretching miles underground, the Upper Level of Sleetstorm is home to all the guards and staff of the prison. The Upper Level is mainly dominated by bedrooms and dorms, which allows all guards to have a personal space to rest and recuperate without needing to leave the premises. Despite the name, the Upper Level actually has multiple floors.

However, there are several other important areas on the Upper Level. The Stables are an important location; that multi-story underground hall has a glass roof, and houses an impressive collection of Greatowls bred and trained for various jobs, like transporting Shade-touched dragons back to Sleetstorm aided by a Seeker. Another important area is the Mess Hall and kitchens, where the guards can sit, eat, and talk without worry.

Some might even compare the Upper Level of Sleetstorm to a micro-city.
Webwing Level wrote:
As the highest level that contains prisoners, the Webwing level is quite strict despite the fact that the least dangerous prisoners live there. There are some amenities given to prisoners, like a cafeteria, visitation room, showers, and every cell is allowed a level of customization and luxury uncommon for prisoners. This level also houses the interrogation rooms, and has a small bar for off-duty guards.

Though, there is inherent danger to these grey-stone corridors. Despite their friendly exteriors, every prisoner is some level of affected by the Shade, and there is no way for any visitor to easily tell which prisoners have malicious intent.

It is a badly-kept secret that Prisoner 0043, or Pendegrast, is the on-site doctor for any ailing guards or prisoners. Even visitors have been allowed to meet with Pendegrast so she can heal them, though that only happens rarely.
Fungalhoof Level wrote:
The Fungalhoof level is never silent, and it is always in a somewhat chaotic state. This level is deep underground, and guarded heavily by brutish Keepers who snarl and stamp their feet, always herding the dangerous prisoners through the motions of life.

The prisoners are given mild freedoms; there is a large cafeteria, where the well-behaved prisoners are permitted to socialize and eat in a place other than their cell. There is no daylight or yard time, but simply staying unfrozen is a luxury for these Shade-touched.

Inside the cells themselves are typically customized for each prisoner; they are given some amenities, like running water, clean bedding, and a grate over each vent to prevent Azhi from climbing into any prisoner's cell at any point in the day. There are no clocks or windows anywhere, and sometimes it feels like the only way of keeping time is basing it on the routines of the gruff guards.
Hydra Level wrote:
In the deepest depths of Sleetstorm, there are long, almost crystal-like corridors of ice. A dragon can see their breath in the air as they trail through the lonely, utterly silent hallways; inlaid in the deep, unnaturally blue walls of ice there are vague dark shapes which do not move, but still send a chill down any viewer's back.

As opposed to cells, there are huge viewing halls where gigantic beasts are kept in giant blocks of ice. Monolithic frozen creatures peer down, perhaps still seeing and perceiving despite their eternal imprisonment. But truly, the scariest creatures within this level are the Overseers, who are happy to trap any intruder inside a block of ice alongside the most dangerous of the Shade-touched.

47.png
Wickerfrost
(First Age to Third Age)
Magic buzzes through the air and presses heavy upon one's soul, this little hamlet is more special than it seems.
Overview wrote:
An oppressive buzzing in the air that feels like sparks dances across one's skin when they enter Wickerfrost's boundaries. The small but quaint town is situated on the edge of a forest, but sprawls out into the open fields of the Snowquall Tundra.

With a single main road upon which the town is build around, one would be surprised at the sheer life the town exudes. There are always dragons around, walking and flying and dragging carts or hawking wares. Restaurants steal customers from the only inn in town, and the General Store stands tall above other, more specialized shops.

Regardless of whether Wickerfrost is a rest-stop or a destination, the town is as alive as any mid-sized clan.
Town Hall wrote:
Town Hall is a squat, single-story building that is wide and long rather than tall. Red brick shingles cover the roof and white clay bricks make up the walls, and there are not as many windows as one would expect from a governmental building. It has a courtyard, but the cobbled road of the courtyard mixes with the main road to the point of it not mattering anymore.

Inside, the Town Hall has a small reception area that leads to a large room full of cubicles. Clearly built for a medium-sized dragon, the bullpen can be cramped or utterly too large for other breeds of dragon.

Several hallways branch off from the bullpen and lead to individual offices. One would notice at this point that there are no windows anywhere apart from the reception, and it makes the winding hallways feel cramped and maze-like. Individual offices are no better, but they can at least fit an imperial without too much issue. Regardless, all offices feel cramped.

There is always a smell like smoke around the Town Hall. Ambient magic sparks around the Hall like firecrackers and it never goes away.
Main Street wrote:
Bustling, bustling, bustling! Main Street flows like a river, there's never enough space and always too many dragons. Sectioned off into sidewalks and the road - which houses many carts, farm animals and other bulky things that must be moved - one will always be bumping shoulders with other dragons while walking.

Lining the Main Street are many important places; the Frostedstar Inn, Dead Bird's Pub, the General Store and the Apothecary among other commercial-based places. Through the plethora of alleyways and back-roads can one find housing and other, smaller businesses.
Dead Bird's Pub wrote:
A squat, ugly building on the main road characterized by the amount of dragons lingering outside in various states of awake. The Dead Bird's Pub serves all sorts of drinks and foods, though the dim lighting and shady atmosphere means most honest dragons avoid this place like water on a winter's night.

This business is run by Bayvri, who acts as bartender and likes to take a cut of any "business deals" done with the mercenaries who flock to his pub.
Frostedstar Inn wrote:
This quaint two-story building is a center piece of Wickerfrost's main road. The Frostedstar Inn's bottom floor is dominated by a tavern and the kitchens, where townsfolk and travelers can cozy up and order a hot meal while catching the latest town gossip. The second floor is built with medium sized dragons in mind, and can be cramped or spacious depending on the dragon. There are a mere five rooms for rent by the night, each with a window that's perpetually frozen shut unless it's the middle of summer.

This establishment is owned by Innkeeper Nomad and his wife, Cook Wanderer.

153.png
The Stockade
(Forth Age)
A magical dome separates the ruins of Wickerfrost from the rest of the world. The devastation is overwhelming and unending, and Shade-touched beasts lurk in the remains of a glorious civilization.
Overview wrote:
A destroyed town, left to fester and lay in rubble. Resources are scarce, and Shade-corrupted monsters lurk in the endless shadows of the dimly-lit town.

Hopelessness hangs heavy in the air, and the hum of magic is long gone and leaves an empty void in its wake. A barrier rises over the town in the shape of a dome, cutting off the outside world completely.

The Stockade is not for the faint of heart, and a wrong move can lead to a horrific death.
Tread carefully.
The Dome wrote:
The dome itself is 30x30 miles wide and high, cutting into the ground and scooping it out to prevent tunneling. Steel-grey in coloration, the shifting surface of the dome is electric to the touch and impossibly strong.

Only a magical effort equal to the efforts of the four Heralds of the Seasons will be enough to bring the barrier down, or smash a hole in it. This amount of magic isn't easy to come by, and would likely take a dedicated team of master mages.

The dome repels Shade-touched beasts, and direct contact with the surface of the dome is enough to vaporize a lesser Shade-corrupted beast. It's otherwise harmless to those without the mark of the Shade on them.
Last Resort Headquarters wrote:
Upon first glance, it looks like any other collapsed building. Just another home, decimated and laying in a heap of rubble atop the foundations. On closer inspection, one might notice tracks in the dust that lead to an uncovered hatch.

Opening up the hatch reveals a moderate bunker, likely sized for a small family of medium or small dragons. It's cramped for a large dragon, and can be impossible to fully stand or stretch out.

The floor of the bunker is mostly cleared, and there's scraps of fabric; blankets, pillows, rugs, tapestries, even ripped-up clothes that cover the ground in many makeshift beds. It looks uncomfortable, and that's because it is.

Shelves are built into the walls that contain a few cans of food and jugs of water, alongside a well-used first-aid kit. Blood stains the walls, floor and beds, left alone because there's nothing to clean it with.
Shade Altar wrote:
In the center of town is a crater, formed upon the hatching of the Abomination. In the middle of this crater is a sleek obsidian table, with tendril-like sprouts of jet-black plants lining it.

The use of this altar is unknown, but it certainly wasn't there before the creation of the Stockade.

151.png
Frosthome
(Forth Age and onward)
There is a note of sadness in the air, as dragons flit about trying to repair what's left of their lives. The scars of the past are not easily forgotten.
Overview wrote:
The city sprawls over the mountainside, clinging tightly to a river that winds through the buildings and brings fresh water from the mountains. Snow dusts the stout, hurriedly-constructed structures and the streets are a mix of gravel and frozen dirt.

Surrounding the city is sparse forest and mountains. One could get lost easily in the alpine trees and endless snow, and dangerous beasts lurk in the woods to pick off any wandering whelps. Best to stay on the single road that leads in and out of the refugee city if you want to leave...
Town Hall wrote:
In the town center of Frosthome is the Town Hall, a gigantic log building suited for even a small group of imperials to fit snugly within. This building was built by the Gaolers of Sleetstorm, as an emergency headquarters to interact with the townsfolk during the situation with the Stockade. Now, the Town Hall is used primarily for Council meetings, and town meetings.

The interior of the Town Hall is made up of one singular, gigantic meeting hall. There is a large table for the various Councils to gather, and rows of seating for townsfolk to sit and attend any public meetings. The log rafters are visible, and serve as extra seating for the smaller breeds of dragon like fae, veilspun and spirals.
Seeing Eye Inn wrote:
Innkeeper Nomad and his wife, Cook Wanderer, built this new Inn after their former business, Frostedstar Inn, was destroyed by the Abomination. The Seeing Eye Inn is much bigger than it's predecessor, and is clearly built with the new business of Gaolers in mind.

The bottom level of the Seeing Eye Inn is taken up by a large dining area, with a small bar ran by Bartender-Keeper Choir. The kitchen is on the back of the building, and a large brick oven is situated mere feet from the backdoors of the kitchen in the yard behind. By the front door, Bouncer-Keeper Mowbray checks all patrons for weapons before they're allowed to enter. On the second level, there are five private rooms for medium to large sized dragons, and on the third level there are twelve private rooms for small to medium sized dragons.
The Warden Frostbank wrote:
In the town center of Frosthome is the Warden Frostbank, a modest bank to serve the large population of the town. The interior of the bank is small but well-kept, with gilded tiled floors and arching marble walls unlike the rough, impermanent architecture of the other buildings in Frosthome.

Banker Luminus is the sole banker on duty, though he is often accompanied by one or two of the town guard who watch over the bank and especially the vault with hawkish eyes. The vault itself is deep underground, with a Gaoler-forged vault door fit to keep out a rampaging Shadebeast.
Finn's Toy Emporium wrote:
In the shopping district of Frosthome, there is a quaint two-story building labeled Finn's Toy Emporium. The large windows on the front of the building reveal a plethora of toys; wooden trains, plush renditions of wolves and cats, marionettes and plush puppets, porcelain dolls of all colors and kinds.

The interior of Finn's Toy Emporium is lovelier than what the windows imply. The small space is full of shelves, all overflowing with hand-made toys and games. The toys themselves twitch and move to organize themselves in the chaos, and when one falls and loses a piece a dozen toys leap up to fix the broken one with surprising gentleness.

A plush coatl, much smaller than any regular coatl, flits through the aisles on sequin wings and offers tea to whoever enters; Paskhal is not for sale, he is the toymaker's beloved assistant and would be happy to ring up any purchases at the checkout desk.

Upstairs is the living space and the workshop, where Toymaker Finn is hard at work, making toys and enchanting them when needed so they can make themselves at times. His shaky hands and unseeing eyes make it hard to paint the faces of the dolls, but the dolls are happy to do it themselves.
The Stormy Tusk General Store wrote:
The Stormy Tusk is your one-stop shop for all the necessities of life. While this tiny general store doesn't seem like much on the outside, the plethora of goods made it invaluable. From food staples to hardware supplies and tools, traveling gear, even the latest imported Lightning and Light magazines, the Stormy Tusk has it all.

Staffed by the store owner and manager, Shopkeep Lafortier, and Clerk Cairdeas.
The Guardhouse wrote:
Close to the town center is the Frosthome Guardhouse. This building is the center of power for the Town Guard, and stores equipment, houses the temporary holding cells for suspects, and is staffed by various Guard personnel.
The Unbreakable Anvil wrote:
In the bustling district of the town known mainly for the prevalence of forges, the Unbreakable Anvil serves as the foremost forge for Frosthome.

This smith is built like a trio of long, black spires which plume smoke into the air. The interior of the Unbreakable Anvil shows that each spire corresponds to a deep pool of bubbling lava, used for forging even the toughest metals. The Unbreakable Anvil is staffed by three full rotating staffs, the Day Shift, the Evening Shift, and the Night Shift. Each shift is made up from anywhere from five to sixteen dragons, who work to supply Frosthome with weapons, tools, building necessities like nails and screws, and other requirements of a large town.

The Unbreakable Anvil is owned by Forgemaster Kantaira, who oversees all the forges within Frosthome.
The Frosthome Hospital wrote:
Sterile white hallways, harsh Lightning-imported lights shining down at all hours, the Frosthome Hospital is like any other ultra-modern hospital. It has a small waiting room fit for multiple Guardians to sit comfortably, many consultation rooms suited for Guardians as well, and an operating theater for surgeries.

However, the Frosthome Hospital also has darkness lingering within. There are two rooms labeled for storage, which in fact are morgues for patients with no loved ones to claim them. These morgues are saddening, but also concerning when one notices the gouges on the floors and the signs of a struggle clearly visible upon close inspection...

The Frosthome Hospital also has a small basement area, where the emergency bloodbank is stored. What the Hospital needs with so much blood is a mystery, but the staff insists on its importance.

Staffed by Doctor-Keeper Megeleus, Doctor Kristoph, Therapist-Sentry Cazimir, Nurse Prys, Janitor Thrall, Cleaner Vassal, Nurse Wilde and Receptionist Maldwyn.

18.png
Trove Quarry
(Forth Age and onward)
The mining operations of a savvy businessman, turned into a makeshift home for a time. Apatite dust is thick in the air, and the feeling of hunger cannot be truly sated.
The Quarry wrote:
In the Everfrozen Woods, in-between the ruins of Wickerfrost and the new settlement of Frosthome, there is a sizable quarry that looks more like a large claw gouged a scar into the earth. Apatite dust clings thick to any moisture, and protective gear is required for descending into the mines; not that protective gear is provided to visitors all that often.

On a ledge far above the rocky plains of the quarry, there is a small two-story building with thin walls of wood that clings to the ground as if it'd be blown away by a strong gust of wind. The Foreman's lodge is typically abandoned, as Foreman-Fisher Sigurd has long abandoned her duties to pursue a new life in Frosthome, but on certain days the guardian can be found working on paperwork in the cramped Foreman's office and overseeing the miners.
The Camp wrote:
Desperation with an edge of disbelief hangs heavy here, in the twisting tunnels of which have been taken over by a small encampment of refugees. Now, the refugees have all left, but the ruins of the camp still remain; a stark reminder of a horrifying moment in the lives of every dragon who once called Wickerfrost home.

Tents lay scattered, with bedrolls and forgotten rations eaten by moths and rats. Somehow, this place feels lonelier than any other area of the quarry.

23.png
The Everfrozen Woods
Scraggly, pitch-black trees cling to the side of the mountains and form extensive, untouched forests.
Overview wrote:
Despite the name, the Everfrozen Woods is not always frozen. Though the winters ensure the forest is coated in a thick six feet of snow, and the trees stand as pitch-black signifiers of the life underneath, once the ice thaws the woods transform into a bountiful green habitat for all sorts of creatures.

Some native trees to this region are Mountain Hemlock, Sitka Spruce, White Spruce, Black Spruce, Quaking Aspen and Douglas Fir.
The Graveyard wrote:
Miles into the forest, there is a sizable clearing surrounded by a short fence of stone. Wrought iron gates open to reveal a graveyard; headstones decorate the dead soil, any grass killed by the careless stomping of mourning dragons.

In the back of the graveyard is a small home, which is the abode of the graveyard keeper, Coroner Morlan.
The Emperor's Rest wrote:
This horrible place is easy to find, not that anyone wants to find it. Just follow the crooning and roaring and whimpering until the avalanche is visible.

This avalanche, made up of tons and tons of snow, uprooted trees and other plants, and even large amounts of rock and earth, is what makes up the cage of the trapped Emperor. The beast is too weak to dig itself out, its mangled body crushed underneath the weight of a mountainside.

Still, Lucdaiel is dangerous, even white trapped. Its heads cry out in unending hunger, and they are quick to snap up anything that moves within reach. Someone should help the poor thing, or at least put it out of its misery...
The Accursed Vista wrote:
High into the mountains, where the Everfrozen Woods become dense and dark, there is a cliffside plateau where the accursed gather. This sacred meeting place is unknown to the normal denizen of Sector 42, who live peacefully without the knowledge of such chaotic magic all gathering in one spot.

This clearing has a beautiful view of the Everfrozen Forest and beyond, with the city of Frosthome clearly visible in the mountainside alongside the fortress of Sleetstorm. Even the ruins of Wickerfrost can be seen, far in the distance.
[center][item=Water Runestone][item=Rusted Chain][item=Shadow Runestone] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Two Boys[/size][size=3] Level 2 Clearance Documentation, For Sentry and Higher Use Only[/font][/center] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57139843] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571399/57139843.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57194667] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571947/57194667.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] ----- [center][font=System][size=4]Trigger Warnings for: (Unintentional) Misgendering of Trans Man[/center] [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Pinkie[/b][/indent] He found himself by the shore, the gnarled trees with their dark branches and tough roots providing plenty of protection from the sun, burning bright in the cloudless sky. He picked up a rock, felt the smoothness against his pads, and tossed it with practiced ease onto the water. One skip, two skips, and plop into the water. Pinkie rolled his eyes and began searching for another stone to skip, though he'd long since picked the shore clean of all the nice rocks. He wanted to wade into the water and fish up some stones, but his parents would be furious if he came home soaked. And well, Pinkie didn't want to have a conversation about his secret excursions yet. His family was kind, but so stifling, as if he'd get snatched up by a wandering circus just by playing outside the lair. He supposed it was understandable, with his mane flowing like a bright beacon and his stripes doing little to make him look like anything except a confused zebra. They said people would want him since he was a lovely young girl with a talent for music, and he didn't have the heart to tell him that anybody who took him would be disappointed to find he was quite the average young man who just liked to sing made-up songs. He was sure his parents would understand in their own weird way, but it felt more secure to keep it to himself for now. So, he kept these things to himself. Secrets were safe, secrets didn't involve being watched and judged and choking out explanations on the hope they'd be enough. But as happened with all things, they couldn't be kept secret forever. Pinkie skipped another rock, and jumped when it hit what he'd thought was a large boulder; but the boulder cried out with a small [b]"ouch"[/b] and began to move. ----- [indent][b]POV: Unseer[/b][/indent] He'd been minding his own business, really! He'd found such a nice place to curl up and take a nap in the lapping waves, under the warm sun, and hadn't expected to be hit with a [i]rock[/i] of all things. Sitting up, the Unseer glanced around and saw a young gaoler standing on the shore, looking a bit like he'd seen a ghost. His flashy coat didn't match with his dark eyes, but the Unseer found himself immediately charmed by the duality. [b]"Hi,"[/b] The Unseer spoke, and the pink-maned gaoler immediately turned and fled. He tried to hide his disappointment as the gaoler disappeared into the bushes and twisting trees, leaving the beach empty except for himself. Maybe they'd come back? He wanted to see them again, but they were clearly too afraid of him to come back if they saw him here. [i]I'll just have to come back tomorrow and hide myself,[/i] Plan devised, the Unseer turned and swam back in the direction of his clan. ----- [indent][b]POV: Pinkie[/b][/indent] He waited three whole days before going back to his favorite spot. He'd been so helpful around the lair that his parents suspected nothing, and his clutchmates had been very thankful for his presence despite their playful teasing that he was trying to become the favorite child. But he still went back, on a sunny day when all his family was busy or out of the lair and wouldn't notice him being gone. And the beach was untouched and blessedly empty, just as he liked it. So today, he decided to sing some songs he'd written while on his three-day stay-cation. He sung a story-heavy one about a rivalry between the bramble and the frog, and then a less storied one about feeling trapped in an endless fortress. And when his voice started giving out, he unpacked his picnic basket and ate lunch. [b]"Don't freak out again, but may I have a sandwich?"[/b] Pinkie jumped at the voice, sort-of familiar but still terrifyingly new. He turned to see the same dark-furred gaoler, now on the shore curled up in a nest of roots and nearly impossible to see if he hadn't been moving. [b]"Have you been stalking me?"[/b] Pinkie shouted, scrambling to his feet and brandishing his horns threateningly. The stranger laughed and smiled, and it was disarming how kind and sad he looked; Pinkie didn't like it one bit, he wasn't going to fall for some charming stranger who'd been stalking him. [b]"I guess that's the best way to put it? I- ahem, I wanted to see you again. Apologize for spooking you the other day, and all,"[/b] The stranger said, and at least had the sense of mind to look embarrassed about it. [b]"Well thank you for the apology, you can leave now,"[/b] Pinkie huffed, still not taking his eyes off the stranger. The stranger briefly looked crushed, but stood up and trotted to the water and slid into the shallows. But he didn't leave, he just waded twenty feet out and sat down. [b]"I said get lost!"[/b] Pinkie shouted, and the stranger shrugged nonchalantly in response. [b]"I'm in my clan's territory now, I think I'm allowed to sit here and enjoy the sun,"[/b] The stranger turned away from the shore and looked out over the water, tilting his head to best catch the sun on his neck. Pinkie gathered up his things and headed back into the forest huffily. On second thought, getting so aggressive with an utter stranger - one who looked to be the same age as him, but much bigger, likely an illusion made by his taller horns - hadn't been Pinkie's best move, but that beach was his favorite spot and he didn't want to share it with some pushy water dragon. ----- [indent][b]POV: Unseer[/b][/indent] Operation "Get this person to like you and be your friend" was currently a complete failure. But the Unseer had noticed a few things more about his future friend, such as the fact he had an amazing singing voice and if given the chance could be very combative. He just needed to be more charming, and less stalker-ish; the pink-maned gaoler was right about that one, stalking really wasn't the best way to make someone like you. What could he do, to convince this gaoler to have a single conversation with him? The Unseer didn't know what he could do, but he did know how to play a mean flute solo and perhaps some shared music could bridge the gap between them. So the next day he grabbed his flute, some sashimi for lunch, and headed back to the beach. The pink-maned gaoler wasn't there yet, but the Unseer had all the time in the world to wait. So he sat on the shore, pulled out his flute and began playing. When the sun had risen overhead and the shadows nearly all chased away, he heard the shuffling behind him and an irritable groan. [b]"This is my beach, could you please just leave?"[/b] The pink maned gaoler's tone was long-suffering, which made the Unseer stop his music and laugh. They'd been doing this song and dance for little less than a week, he hadn't realized he was [i]that[/i] annoying. [b]"Can't do that,"[/b] [b]"Why not?"[/b] [b]"Most other beaches don't have good company like this one,"[/b] [b]"By Shadowbinder you're irritating,"[/b] They fell into a comfortable silence after that, with the Unseer resuming his playing and the pink-maned gaoler relenting and sitting down next to him. He glanced over, and saw the other gaoler had pulled out a book full of sheet music, and was humming it under his breath. ----- [indent][b]POV: Pinkie[/b][/indent] His parents would kill him, if they knew he was sneaking out nearly every day. They'd learn necromancy, bring him back to life, and kill him again if they knew he was sneaking out to meet up with a mysterious water dragon alongside that. Technically, he didn't even care for the water dragon - who'd introduced himself using the nickname of The Unseer, kind of pretentious wasn't it? - they both just liked the same beach. Didn't matter if he'd often pack extra food so the Unseer would still eat even when he forgot to bring his own lunch, absolutely didn't matter if he started writing down music for the Unseer to play while he sung. It especially didn't matter when he'd introduced himself as Pinkie, and used the correct pronouns for himself and the Unseer hadn't even blinked; he was utterly accepting of it, as if he had never thought of Pinkie as anything but a man. So yes, the Unseer could disappear completely and it wouldn't matter to Pinkie one bit. So what if the Unseer never did? He just kept coming back, all kind smiles and rumbled stories of not being able to receive visions like his family did and how he hated swimming and felt isolated from his clan and family. ...Oh Shadowbinder, he was starting to care about this man wasn't he? He saw pieces of himself in the Unseer's stories, and he felt something deep in his gut that recognized the Unseer as his friend. Best friend? It wasn't like either of them had other options for best friends. So perhaps, through the three months since that first fateful meeting, Pinkie had grown to care about the Unseer. Reluctantly, and absolutely [i]platonically[/i] caring for him. ----- [indent][b]POV: Unseer[/b][/indent] It'd been three years since he'd met Pinkie, and his Order Picking Ceremony was tomorrow night. Tomorrow night, he'd fall in line with an Order and devote himself utterly to his work; he'd have little time for outside friendships, and even less time for petty emotions like happiness or love. He met with Pinkie in the evening, the moon illuminating his friend's bright fur and making him look ethereal as he stood on the shore waiting. The Unseer waded out of the water and gave him a big hug, ignoring Pinkie's protests that he didn't want to get drenched. [b]"Pinkie, lets run away together,"[/b] [b]"Uh- [i]what[/i]?"[/b] Okay, so the premise of Pinkie falling into his arms and declaring they'd forever be bros and he'd follow anywhere the Unseer led was- fictitious, at best, but it still hurt to hear such vehement denial and confusion. [b]"We can go to the Southern Icefield, start a new life there together,"[/b] The Unseer cupped Pinkie's face with his fingers, being careful not to cut him with his awkwardly-long claws. If he wasn't sure it was a trick of the light, he could think that Pinkie was blushing. [b]"What prompted this? The Southern Icefield? Unseer, what's going on?"[/b] Pinkie was confused, and removed the Unseer's hands from his face and gazed into his eyes. Pinkie's eyes were dreadfully dark for such a vibrant dragon - in body and soul - but the Unseer never tired of the duality. [b]"They're going to make me choose my Order tomorrow, and I doubt after that they'll ever let me see you again. I don't even want to live here, among the waves and fish and [i]seaweed[/i],"[/b] The Unseer spat out the last word in utter disgust. [b]"You're the only one I want to keep from this horrid place,"[/b] [b]"This is kind of last-minute, isn't it? I- I won't even have time to pack my things, will I?"[/b] Pinkie sounded so vulnerable in that moment, and the Unseer nearly cried from happiness. Pinkie was implying he wanted to come, he'd get to keep him after all. [b]"We can go get your things now, and leave tonight before anybody realizes we're missing,"[/b] The Unseer held up one hand to silent Pinkie's next question. [b]"I already have everything I want to bring,"[/b] He gestured to the small satchel hung from one of his wings, and Pinkie gulped nervously. [b]"Okay, okay let's go then,"[/b] -----
Water Runestone Rusted Chain Shadow Runestone
Two Boys
Level 2 Clearance Documentation, For Sentry and Higher Use Only
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
57139843.png

57194667.png

Trigger Warnings for: (Unintentional) Misgendering of Trans Man
POV: Pinkie

He found himself by the shore, the gnarled trees with their dark branches and tough roots providing plenty of protection from the sun, burning bright in the cloudless sky. He picked up a rock, felt the smoothness against his pads, and tossed it with practiced ease onto the water.

One skip, two skips, and plop into the water. Pinkie rolled his eyes and began searching for another stone to skip, though he'd long since picked the shore clean of all the nice rocks. He wanted to wade into the water and fish up some stones, but his parents would be furious if he came home soaked.

And well, Pinkie didn't want to have a conversation about his secret excursions yet. His family was kind, but so stifling, as if he'd get snatched up by a wandering circus just by playing outside the lair. He supposed it was understandable, with his mane flowing like a bright beacon and his stripes doing little to make him look like anything except a confused zebra.

They said people would want him since he was a lovely young girl with a talent for music, and he didn't have the heart to tell him that anybody who took him would be disappointed to find he was quite the average young man who just liked to sing made-up songs. He was sure his parents would understand in their own weird way, but it felt more secure to keep it to himself for now.

So, he kept these things to himself. Secrets were safe, secrets didn't involve being watched and judged and choking out explanations on the hope they'd be enough. But as happened with all things, they couldn't be kept secret forever.

Pinkie skipped another rock, and jumped when it hit what he'd thought was a large boulder; but the boulder cried out with a small "ouch" and began to move.
POV: Unseer

He'd been minding his own business, really! He'd found such a nice place to curl up and take a nap in the lapping waves, under the warm sun, and hadn't expected to be hit with a rock of all things.

Sitting up, the Unseer glanced around and saw a young gaoler standing on the shore, looking a bit like he'd seen a ghost. His flashy coat didn't match with his dark eyes, but the Unseer found himself immediately charmed by the duality.

"Hi," The Unseer spoke, and the pink-maned gaoler immediately turned and fled. He tried to hide his disappointment as the gaoler disappeared into the bushes and twisting trees, leaving the beach empty except for himself.

Maybe they'd come back? He wanted to see them again, but they were clearly too afraid of him to come back if they saw him here. I'll just have to come back tomorrow and hide myself, Plan devised, the Unseer turned and swam back in the direction of his clan.

He waited three whole days before going back to his favorite spot. He'd been so helpful around the lair that his parents suspected nothing, and his clutchmates had been very thankful for his presence despite their playful teasing that he was trying to become the favorite child.

But he still went back, on a sunny day when all his family was busy or out of the lair and wouldn't notice him being gone. And the beach was untouched and blessedly empty, just as he liked it.

So today, he decided to sing some songs he'd written while on his three-day stay-cation. He sung a story-heavy one about a rivalry between the bramble and the frog, and then a less storied one about feeling trapped in an endless fortress. And when his voice started giving out, he unpacked his picnic basket and ate lunch.

"Don't freak out again, but may I have a sandwich?" Pinkie jumped at the voice, sort-of familiar but still terrifyingly new. He turned to see the same dark-furred gaoler, now on the shore curled up in a nest of roots and nearly impossible to see if he hadn't been moving.

"Have you been stalking me?" Pinkie shouted, scrambling to his feet and brandishing his horns threateningly. The stranger laughed and smiled, and it was disarming how kind and sad he looked; Pinkie didn't like it one bit, he wasn't going to fall for some charming stranger who'd been stalking him.

"I guess that's the best way to put it? I- ahem, I wanted to see you again. Apologize for spooking you the other day, and all," The stranger said, and at least had the sense of mind to look embarrassed about it.

"Well thank you for the apology, you can leave now," Pinkie huffed, still not taking his eyes off the stranger. The stranger briefly looked crushed, but stood up and trotted to the water and slid into the shallows. But he didn't leave, he just waded twenty feet out and sat down.

"I said get lost!" Pinkie shouted, and the stranger shrugged nonchalantly in response.

"I'm in my clan's territory now, I think I'm allowed to sit here and enjoy the sun," The stranger turned away from the shore and looked out over the water, tilting his head to best catch the sun on his neck. Pinkie gathered up his things and headed back into the forest huffily.

On second thought, getting so aggressive with an utter stranger - one who looked to be the same age as him, but much bigger, likely an illusion made by his taller horns - hadn't been Pinkie's best move, but that beach was his favorite spot and he didn't want to share it with some pushy water dragon.

Operation "Get this person to like you and be your friend" was currently a complete failure. But the Unseer had noticed a few things more about his future friend, such as the fact he had an amazing singing voice and if given the chance could be very combative.

He just needed to be more charming, and less stalker-ish; the pink-maned gaoler was right about that one, stalking really wasn't the best way to make someone like you. What could he do, to convince this gaoler to have a single conversation with him?

The Unseer didn't know what he could do, but he did know how to play a mean flute solo and perhaps some shared music could bridge the gap between them. So the next day he grabbed his flute, some sashimi for lunch, and headed back to the beach.

The pink-maned gaoler wasn't there yet, but the Unseer had all the time in the world to wait. So he sat on the shore, pulled out his flute and began playing. When the sun had risen overhead and the shadows nearly all chased away, he heard the shuffling behind him and an irritable groan.

"This is my beach, could you please just leave?" The pink maned gaoler's tone was long-suffering, which made the Unseer stop his music and laugh. They'd been doing this song and dance for little less than a week, he hadn't realized he was that annoying.

"Can't do that,"

"Why not?"

"Most other beaches don't have good company like this one,"

"By Shadowbinder you're irritating,"

They fell into a comfortable silence after that, with the Unseer resuming his playing and the pink-maned gaoler relenting and sitting down next to him. He glanced over, and saw the other gaoler had pulled out a book full of sheet music, and was humming it under his breath.

His parents would kill him, if they knew he was sneaking out nearly every day. They'd learn necromancy, bring him back to life, and kill him again if they knew he was sneaking out to meet up with a mysterious water dragon alongside that.

Technically, he didn't even care for the water dragon - who'd introduced himself using the nickname of The Unseer, kind of pretentious wasn't it? - they both just liked the same beach. Didn't matter if he'd often pack extra food so the Unseer would still eat even when he forgot to bring his own lunch, absolutely didn't matter if he started writing down music for the Unseer to play while he sung.

It especially didn't matter when he'd introduced himself as Pinkie, and used the correct pronouns for himself and the Unseer hadn't even blinked; he was utterly accepting of it, as if he had never thought of Pinkie as anything but a man.

So yes, the Unseer could disappear completely and it wouldn't matter to Pinkie one bit. So what if the Unseer never did? He just kept coming back, all kind smiles and rumbled stories of not being able to receive visions like his family did and how he hated swimming and felt isolated from his clan and family.

...Oh Shadowbinder, he was starting to care about this man wasn't he? He saw pieces of himself in the Unseer's stories, and he felt something deep in his gut that recognized the Unseer as his friend. Best friend? It wasn't like either of them had other options for best friends.

So perhaps, through the three months since that first fateful meeting, Pinkie had grown to care about the Unseer. Reluctantly, and absolutely platonically caring for him.

It'd been three years since he'd met Pinkie, and his Order Picking Ceremony was tomorrow night. Tomorrow night, he'd fall in line with an Order and devote himself utterly to his work; he'd have little time for outside friendships, and even less time for petty emotions like happiness or love.

He met with Pinkie in the evening, the moon illuminating his friend's bright fur and making him look ethereal as he stood on the shore waiting. The Unseer waded out of the water and gave him a big hug, ignoring Pinkie's protests that he didn't want to get drenched.

"Pinkie, lets run away together,"

"Uh- what?"

Okay, so the premise of Pinkie falling into his arms and declaring they'd forever be bros and he'd follow anywhere the Unseer led was- fictitious, at best, but it still hurt to hear such vehement denial and confusion.

"We can go to the Southern Icefield, start a new life there together," The Unseer cupped Pinkie's face with his fingers, being careful not to cut him with his awkwardly-long claws. If he wasn't sure it was a trick of the light, he could think that Pinkie was blushing.

"What prompted this? The Southern Icefield? Unseer, what's going on?" Pinkie was confused, and removed the Unseer's hands from his face and gazed into his eyes. Pinkie's eyes were dreadfully dark for such a vibrant dragon - in body and soul - but the Unseer never tired of the duality.

"They're going to make me choose my Order tomorrow, and I doubt after that they'll ever let me see you again. I don't even want to live here, among the waves and fish and seaweed," The Unseer spat out the last word in utter disgust. "You're the only one I want to keep from this horrid place,"

"This is kind of last-minute, isn't it? I- I won't even have time to pack my things, will I?" Pinkie sounded so vulnerable in that moment, and the Unseer nearly cried from happiness. Pinkie was implying he wanted to come, he'd get to keep him after all.

"We can go get your things now, and leave tonight before anybody realizes we're missing," The Unseer held up one hand to silent Pinkie's next question. "I already have everything I want to bring," He gestured to the small satchel hung from one of his wings, and Pinkie gulped nervously.

"Okay, okay let's go then,"
[center][item=Ancient Knife][item=Crystal Ball][item=Gladiator's Warhorn] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]The Calling[/size][size=3] Level 5 Clearance Documentation, For Sentinel Use Only[/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57140569] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571406/57140569.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Compass[/b][/indent] Compass was born without a sense of direction. No matter where she tried to go, or if she tried to use the sun or moon to navigate, she'd always end up facing due south and sticking to that path religiously. So her first memory, naturally, was as a fumbling fledgling tottering out of her parents' camp in the evening and not being able to find her way back. It'd been cold, and scary, but her terrified wailing made it easy for her parents to find her again. She got scolded lightly, but they didn't punish her too harshly; she'd had enough of a scare for one day. The next time it happened she was still very young, and had followed her older brother to go collect mushrooms and berries. They got separated, only a bit, but when she tried to go back in the direction of her brother something in her chest tugged her due south. It took three hours for them to find her, drenched and shivering after crossing a stream. After that, her brother got yelled at for losing her and she got a warm cup of tea and her mother read her a story while she warmed up by the fire. And though her parents didn't let her older brother live it down for several months, nobody really questioned her tendency to wander off until the third time. The third time of wandering due south earned her the nickname of Compass; because no matter what, she'd be wandering to her own direction no matter how much she was taught. It scared her parents, and amused her siblings; oftentimes her siblings would blindfold her, spin her around, and see where she'd go, which was always south. So she grew up with her family breathing down her back, either out of fear for her wandering off or because her parents forced them to be concerned. It was fine, really, she loved her family and to an extent she needed them taking care of her like this. She hadn't thought anything was deeply different about her, other than a faulty sense of direction, until she met Tylin. Her clan was nomadic, full of lineage Seeker gaolers and nobody else, but Tylin was not a Seeker and wasn't nomadic; he only shared their breed. ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Compass[/b][/indent] [b]"Your daughter has been chosen for a great purpose, and has been denying it for many years now,"[/b] Tylin spoke with deep reverence, and his eyes were shards of ice. Compass stood behind her father, who's head was bowed in respect for Tylin. [b]"Dad? ...What does he mean?"[/b] Compass asked, but her father raised a hand to silence her and nodded to Tylin. [b]"You have been chosen to journey to the Southern Icefield, and serve our breed's creator; the Icewarden,"[/b] Tylin explained, stepping forward and tapping her on the chest with one long claw. [b]"Your elemental core may be twisted in brambles and covered in the ooze of the Shadowbinder, but every gaoler knows their purpose and we are not bound to primal elements as other dragons are,"[/b] Compass felt the shard of magic as Tylin spoke. It was like being stabbed with an icicle, and it punctured something deep inside her - her elemental core? - and with a white-hot flash she realized she was no longer standing among her family, speaking to an odd stranger, but she instead was in a frostbitten tundra with a decrepit old fortress rising out of the mountainside in front of her. It was beautiful, and she knew it was [i]hers[/i]. But as sudden as the vision came, it was over and she was back among the black mud and twisting forests. Tylin smiled and withdrew, trodding back the direction he came and she knew with perfect clarity he was going back south. [b]"Warden, you may follow when you're ready,"[/b] Tylin called out as he disappeared into the shadows of the bog. Compass glanced at her family, teary-eyed and confused but looking at her with such reverence that she knew she couldn't back out; not that she wanted to, in the first place. [b]"I love you all, but I need to go,"[/b] She bowed her head as she spoke to them. [b]"Thank you, I'll never forget any of you,"[/b] She didn't wait to hear any parting words, she turned and fled into the swamp after Tylin and only caught the faintest calls of "good luck" and "I love you". ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: [s]Compass[/s] Warden[/b][/indent] [b]"Tylin, we're out of tea again,"[/b] Warden complained loudly as she rummaged through their bags. It'd been two months since she'd left her family, left her old nickname and started getting used to being called Warden; Tylin said it was good practice for when she'd need to use her new title. They'd run out of tea three times within those two months, and it was frankly quite annoying given they were traveling through the Scarred Wasteland and most available flavored liquids were some ghastly mystery-meat broth or just watered-down blood. [b]"We won't get to the Southern Icefield before winter if we keep stopping to buy tea, Warden,"[/b] Tylin's voice was ever-patient, even as he was denying her. Warden groaned loudly and started putting everything back into proper place in their bags. [b]"Fine,"[/b] Warden grumbled under her breath, knowing Tylin was right but- by Shadowbinder, she still liked those creature comforts and wasn't happy to give them up. [b]"Let's get moving then, before I fall asleep on my feet,"[/b] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Warden[/b][/indent] It took her six months to reach the coast, and compared to what felt like an endless amount of walking finding a ferry to bring her to the Southern Icefield was quick and simple. She however, reached the coast alone. Tylin had succumbed to some sort of illness a week prior, and hadn't survived; but he'd told her to keep going, to stop and bury him and then keep going. So she hadn't taken the time to mourn, she'd pushed through the grief and fear - all alone, she was all alone - and found herself on a ferry on her way to the Southern Icefield, with nothing but a tug in her chest to lead her. Whenever she felt demotivated, she closed her eyes and let the memory of the prison - [i]her[/i] prison, it was her [i]birthright[/i] - flood over her, and reinvigorate her with new life. Tylin might be gone, she might be alone with no family in sight, and she may have little support aside from a decree from the Icewarden, but she would succeed or die trying. -----
Ancient Knife Crystal Ball Gladiator's Warhorn
The Calling

POV: Compass

Compass was born without a sense of direction. No matter where she tried to go, or if she tried to use the sun or moon to navigate, she'd always end up facing due south and sticking to that path religiously.

So her first memory, naturally, was as a fumbling fledgling tottering out of her parents' camp in the evening and not being able to find her way back. It'd been cold, and scary, but her terrified wailing made it easy for her parents to find her again. She got scolded lightly, but they didn't punish her too harshly; she'd had enough of a scare for one day.

The next time it happened she was still very young, and had followed her older brother to go collect mushrooms and berries. They got separated, only a bit, but when she tried to go back in the direction of her brother something in her chest tugged her due south. It took three hours for them to find her, drenched and shivering after crossing a stream.

After that, her brother got yelled at for losing her and she got a warm cup of tea and her mother read her a story while she warmed up by the fire. And though her parents didn't let her older brother live it down for several months, nobody really questioned her tendency to wander off until the third time.

The third time of wandering due south earned her the nickname of Compass; because no matter what, she'd be wandering to her own direction no matter how much she was taught. It scared her parents, and amused her siblings; oftentimes her siblings would blindfold her, spin her around, and see where she'd go, which was always south.

So she grew up with her family breathing down her back, either out of fear for her wandering off or because her parents forced them to be concerned. It was fine, really, she loved her family and to an extent she needed them taking care of her like this.

She hadn't thought anything was deeply different about her, other than a faulty sense of direction, until she met Tylin. Her clan was nomadic, full of lineage Seeker gaolers and nobody else, but Tylin was not a Seeker and wasn't nomadic; he only shared their breed.
POV: Compass

"Your daughter has been chosen for a great purpose, and has been denying it for many years now," Tylin spoke with deep reverence, and his eyes were shards of ice. Compass stood behind her father, who's head was bowed in respect for Tylin.

"Dad? ...What does he mean?" Compass asked, but her father raised a hand to silence her and nodded to Tylin.

"You have been chosen to journey to the Southern Icefield, and serve our breed's creator; the Icewarden," Tylin explained, stepping forward and tapping her on the chest with one long claw. "Your elemental core may be twisted in brambles and covered in the ooze of the Shadowbinder, but every gaoler knows their purpose and we are not bound to primal elements as other dragons are,"

Compass felt the shard of magic as Tylin spoke. It was like being stabbed with an icicle, and it punctured something deep inside her - her elemental core? - and with a white-hot flash she realized she was no longer standing among her family, speaking to an odd stranger, but she instead was in a frostbitten tundra with a decrepit old fortress rising out of the mountainside in front of her.

It was beautiful, and she knew it was hers.

But as sudden as the vision came, it was over and she was back among the black mud and twisting forests. Tylin smiled and withdrew, trodding back the direction he came and she knew with perfect clarity he was going back south.

"Warden, you may follow when you're ready," Tylin called out as he disappeared into the shadows of the bog. Compass glanced at her family, teary-eyed and confused but looking at her with such reverence that she knew she couldn't back out; not that she wanted to, in the first place.

"I love you all, but I need to go," She bowed her head as she spoke to them. "Thank you, I'll never forget any of you,"

She didn't wait to hear any parting words, she turned and fled into the swamp after Tylin and only caught the faintest calls of "good luck" and "I love you".
POV: Compass Warden

"Tylin, we're out of tea again," Warden complained loudly as she rummaged through their bags. It'd been two months since she'd left her family, left her old nickname and started getting used to being called Warden; Tylin said it was good practice for when she'd need to use her new title.

They'd run out of tea three times within those two months, and it was frankly quite annoying given they were traveling through the Scarred Wasteland and most available flavored liquids were some ghastly mystery-meat broth or just watered-down blood.

"We won't get to the Southern Icefield before winter if we keep stopping to buy tea, Warden," Tylin's voice was ever-patient, even as he was denying her. Warden groaned loudly and started putting everything back into proper place in their bags.

"Fine," Warden grumbled under her breath, knowing Tylin was right but- by Shadowbinder, she still liked those creature comforts and wasn't happy to give them up. "Let's get moving then, before I fall asleep on my feet,"
POV: Warden

It took her six months to reach the coast, and compared to what felt like an endless amount of walking finding a ferry to bring her to the Southern Icefield was quick and simple.

She however, reached the coast alone. Tylin had succumbed to some sort of illness a week prior, and hadn't survived; but he'd told her to keep going, to stop and bury him and then keep going. So she hadn't taken the time to mourn, she'd pushed through the grief and fear - all alone, she was all alone - and found herself on a ferry on her way to the Southern Icefield, with nothing but a tug in her chest to lead her.

Whenever she felt demotivated, she closed her eyes and let the memory of the prison - her prison, it was her birthright - flood over her, and reinvigorate her with new life. Tylin might be gone, she might be alone with no family in sight, and she may have little support aside from a decree from the Icewarden, but she would succeed or die trying.

[center][item=Blue Quartz][item=Icewarden Ice Sculpture][item=Clouddancer Hide] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Beginnings[/size][size=3] Level 5 Clearance Documentation, For Sentinel Use Only[/font][/center] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57140569] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571406/57140569.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57194667] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571947/57194667.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57139843] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571399/57139843.png[/img] [/url][/columns] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: x[/b][/indent] Reserve for lore -----
Blue Quartz Icewarden Ice Sculpture Clouddancer Hide
Beginnings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
57140569.png

57194667.png

57139843.png

POV: x

Reserve for lore
[center][item=Pampas Grass][item=Horn of Plenty][item=Daffodil] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=5]Report #000001[/size][size=3] Level 5 Clearance Documentation, For Sentinel Use Only[/font][/center] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58410779] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/584108/58410779.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57149135] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/571492/57149135.png[/img] [/url][/columns] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: n/a[/b][/indent] "So I just... Tell you? What happened?" "Preferably, yes. But you can write it down if that'd be easier, I'll need to transcribe this anyways," [Salenor shifts in his seat, visibly uncomfortable] "I can talk, it'll be easier. So I suppose I should start at the beginning?" "When you met Mayor Abran," "Oh, at [i]that[/i] beginning. Yes, sure, I don't see why not," [Salenor relaxes] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Salenor[/b][/indent] Autumn, a crisp beautiful autumn morning. Salenor had moved to Wickerfrost Village a month ago, and he hadn't regretted it since; the open vastness of the sky and the comforting peaks of the nearby mountains were beautiful in a way he'd never seen before. Today was his first day on the job, his first legal job even! Oh if the Thornstrikers could see him now; not ferrying stolen pearls, not using his number-oriented mind to count ill-gotten treasure. He was to be the Mayor's assistant, her Reeve as it'd been described. For an entry-level position it paid [i]well[/i], and though he wasn't aware of it yet the Reeve was an important position in Wickerfrost. Of course, that meant getting to the town hall ten minutes early to show he was dedicated. And it meant actually meeting the Mayor, and getting along with her-- not that getting along was strictly necessary, but it'd be nice to have a good relationship with his boss. So he got up early and reached the town hall fifteen minutes early, and spent his extra five minutes sitting on a bench not too far from the entrance eating his breakfast. He was so focused on eating quickly he didn't notice the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=693521]pearlcatcher[/url] approach until he'd sat down on the bench with a heavy thump. Salenor would never admit it, but he flinched back and regarded the stranger warily. [b]"Hello, can I help you?"[/b] [b]"Don't think you can, son, but the kindness is appreciated,"[/b] The pearlcatcher responded, with laughter in his tone though his words weren't phrased like a joke. Gallows humor, but why? [b]"Okay then,"[/b] Salenor said, turning back to his jerky - he'd only thought to bring jerky, it wasn't the best breakfast but he'd make due - and kept an eye on the stranger, though he did his best to hide it. [b]"So, you're the new Reeve, eh?"[/b] The pearlcatcher seemed to want to continue the conversation, and Salenor relented and decided it was in his best interest to be polite. This might be a co-worker, after all. [b]"Yes, I'm the new Reeve, Salenor, and you are--?"[/b] [b]"Eclipse, Councilman of Autumn Eclipse,"[/b] The pearlcatcher was smiling, but the light didn't reach his pupil-less eyes. He reached into his satchel and removed his pearl, and began polishing it with his velvet-fuzzed fingers. Salenor tried not to squirm in his seat. He'd heard of the Council of Seasons, of course he had! It was hard not to find out about one of the main governing bodies in Wickerfrost when he was applying to be the next Reeve. Still, knowing what he did about the Council of Seasons.. Well, it was a bit intimidating. They were all powerful mages who drew their magic from their season, and could do exceptional things during the time of year when they reigned. He hadn't met any of them yet, obviously, and he certainly didn't anticipate meeting the current season's Councilman so soon. [b]"I've spooked yah, haven't I?"[/b] Eclipse chuckled, and Salenor drew himself up with a huff. [b]"No, it's just a pleasure to meet you, Councilman,"[/b] Salenor was unused to such formalities and niceties, but he'd been practicing in the mirror for a week straight and he felt like Eclipse really bought his performance. [b]"Mhm, well I'd say the same. We'd best be getting inside, Abran likes to be the last one at work in the morning and I'd hate to deny her that,"[/b] Eclipse spoke with a jovial tone, and Salenor was pretty sure that was an actual joke; probably, maybe. Still, he obediently put away his half-eaten breakfast and followed the pearlcatcher into town hall. It was bustling, and he felt the instant urge to shrink away from the chaos. It was loud, all too loud with too many dragons - some he recognized instantly, such as the different members of the Council; after meeting Eclipse, he could feel the buzz of energy they radiated - but there were many, many others. He found himself sticking to Eclipse's side as the pearlcatcher navigated through the room with little difficulty. The town hall itself seemed to be one large room, with many small cubicles for the dragons and a few branching hallways which he assumed led to offices. There was precious little time left to scan the room until his gaze was caught by her. Regal and many-winged, and though she didn't radiate the same power as the Council members she still walked with authority and the dragons around her regarded her with deference. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=360870&tab=dragon&did=58410779]Mayor Abran[/url]. [b]"Ah, Abran. I've got the new Reeve here,"[/b] Eclipse waved her over, and the imperial slunk over with a small, knowing smile on her lips. Salenor straightened up his spine and then bowed his head in respect. [b]"Mayor Abran, I'm Salenor, pleased to meet you,"[/b] His words were curt and overly professional, but the Mayor didn't seem to mind. She glanced at Eclipse, and then dismissed him with a wave of her hand. [b]"Ah, you're here. Early, too; that's good,"[/b] The Mayor sized him up, and Salenor did his best to look impressive. [b]"Follow, I'll handle your training personally,"[/b] At the time, those words had exhilarated him; he'd passed whatever hidden test she'd given him, and he might've even impressed her enough that she wanted to train him herself. He did not think anything [i]bad[/i] would come of it, at the time. ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: n/a[/b][/indent] [Salenor has stopped speaking, eyes glazed over] "Is that all there is to it, Reeve? My files here say Councilman Eclipse was declared missing the next morning, and your account implies he has knowledge of something happening to him in the future; or a particularly grim sense of humor, I suppose. But I'm curious if you know anything further about the matter," "Who's getting this report, anyways? Is this going to the town guard, or-- How does this work?" [Salenor is visibly getting worked up, he's gouging his claws onto the desk in his fit] "This is just for background research on Wickerfrost, for Sentinel use only. So no, this will not be getting into the hands of any local authorities," [Salenor relaxes, but is still gouging the desk with his claws. Note: Get new desk] "You Gaolers don't really care about regular crimes anyways, right? So you wouldn't drag anybody off to prison if they shoplifted, right?" "No, that's not really our place. Sleetstorm is for containing magical disturbances and instances of Shade corruption, not for normal criminals," "Okay, okay then it's fine to tell you. This can't get back to Mayor Abran though, you hear me? If she knows I told she'll have my head," "...I'll let you get back to it, then," [Note: Keep a closer eye on Mayor Abran] ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Salenor[/b][/indent] Mayor Abran taught him the basics of the filing and other organizational systems, the different permits and licenses he'd need to issue and how to issue them, and introduced him to the different people around the town hall. He met Spring Councilwoman [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=693988]Cloudberry[/url], Summer Councilwoman [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=694001]Maize[/url] and Winter Councilwoman [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=360870&tab=dragon&did=41489719]Nox[/url]. He also met the other various workers around the town hall, such as Captain [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=360870&did=40802612]Labyrinth[/url] - who headed the Town Guard - and Herald [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=360870&did=40166509]Equinox[/url], Councilman Eclipse's personal assistant and understudy. There were others of course, but he tried to remember all the seemingly important ones. The day passed quickly after that, and he fell into a quiet routine of following around Mayor Abran and assisting her with whatever tasks she took upon herself to do. He found that Mayor Abran was-- well, not mean or rude or anything quite like that, but she regarded everybody with an undeniable air of contempt. He noticed most prominently, she was disrespectful towards Councilman Eclipse. The two didn't get along, and Salenor privately wondered if Eclipse had gotten an understudy just in case Abran tried to force him out of his job. But there was only so many hours in the day for workplace tensions, and soon the sun was setting and it was time to clock off. Salenor was exhausted, but victorious in the feeling of having done a good job. Mayor Abran stopped him as he was gathering his things to leave. [b]"Reeve Salenor, I would like your help with something after work today,"[/b] This was a good thing, this would get him brownie points with his boss, but still... [b]"What do you need help with?"[/b] [b]"My niece recently misplaced something while playing in the forest outside my home, and given your heritage I think it'd be easiest for you to find it out of anyone here,"[/b] Ouch, Mayor Abran's profiling stung and the request was weirdly personal but Salenor was still nodding agreeably before he had a chance to think about it. [b]"Of course, shouldn't take long for me at all,"[/b] Salenor finished packing his things, and glanced at Mayor Abran again; she seemed incredibly relieved, a look he hadn't anticipated seeing on her face. Perhaps she had a different mode when working, and relaxed when they were off the clock? He did not know at the time Mayor Abran didn't have a niece, or any family in Wickerfrost whatsoever. He just knew his boss had asked him for a favor, and he'd gladly spend some time rummaging through the woods if it meant getting into her good graces. So he packed up his things, and followed the Mayor obediently to her home. It was close to the town central, but indeed it had a small patch of trees out back and a little stream running through it. [b]"Here, take this shovel. I'll show you where to dig,"[/b] He should've questioned it when the Mayor shoved the shovel into his hands and led him into the forest; he should've wondered why she didn't do this herself if she knew the location of the lost item, he should've questioned why it was [i]buried[/i]. He did not question it, and started digging into the soft mud near the bank of the stream. He kept digging, even as the hole grew much too deep and it was starting to become something of a hazard; Abran stood at the edge, and she hadn't told him to stop yet. Soon, the hole was big enough that Salenor could stand in it and it came up to his shoulders. He'd likely have to crawl out through the mud, even if Abran helped pull him out. At that point he stopped, exhausted and barely able to see under the moonless night. [b]"M-Mayor, perhaps we should come back to this tomorrow,"[/b] Salenor tried to reason, but he couldn't see Abran's expression to gauge her emotions as she let the words hang in the air for an uncomfortably long time. [b]"No, it's quite alright, Reeve. This is deep enough, you can climb out now,"[/b] Mayor Abran didn't help him scramble out of the pit, and his claws were coated with mud by the time he stood at her side. Now he was starting to have doubts about the purpose of this whole situation, and the hole looked ominously grave-sized. He realized now, he didn't know what'd happened to the previous Reeve. Whether they'd retired, left or died. Or were murdered, in the forest behind their boss's house. [b]"You can go inside and clean yourself up, I'll be inside in a few minutes and I'll whip us up some dinner,"[/b] Mayor Abran was calm as she spoke, and Salenor took the opportunity blindly to get out of the forest with that pit and get inside where he'd likely be safer, or at least feel safer. So he went inside, and holed himself inside Abran's bathroom with a washcloth and a basin of cold water and got to work cleaning the mud off his claws, legs, arms- everywhere really, now that he had a candle to see himself he could tell he was absolutely filthy from digging. He'd need to throw out most of these clothes, a pity. ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: n/a[/b][/indent] "...She made us dinner and let me sleep on the couch. I woke up before dawn the next day and hurried home to change before work, and when I got to the town hall Councilman Eclipse was gone," "So, you think Mayor Abran used you to dig the Councilman's grave?" [Salenor gets visibly irritated and bares his teeth] "I never said anything like that! I just think it's [i]weird[/i], and she never brought me back to continue looking for whatever lost trinket she wanted us to find. I found out a few weeks later she didn't have any family in Wickerfrost, anyways," "So she lied to you and forced you to dig a pit in her backyard. Have you considered it might've just been hazing?" "Hazing, well of course I'd considered it, but-- no, it wasn't hazing," "I'll believe you on that. So you stayed with her and ate dinner?" "I believe I just said that, yes," "Did anything happen?" [Salenor flinches and blushes. Note: The question was spoken in monotone] "Absolutely not! Who do you think you are?!" [Salenor gouges deep scars into the desk] "I meant anything suspicious, did you notice her leaving the house during the night or saying anything that would arise suspicion?" "Oh! Oh. No, I didn't notice anything like that," "Mhm. Well, is there anything else to add to your story?" [Salenor flinches and scrapes his claws along the desk. Note: Sign of lying?] "No, I guess not, I should be going then," "Thank you for your time," ----- [font=System][size=4][indent][b]POV: Holm[/b][/indent] The wildclaw left his office, and Holm put him out of his mind for now and instead focused on pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes and sighing heavily. He clicked his recorder off, and resigned himself to transcribing it tomorrow. For now, he felt rattled and didn't want to write anything with an unsteady hand. Mayor Abran, implicated in the murder of Councilman Eclipse, with Reeve Salenor as a potential witness or accomplice. He hadn't signed up for such soap opera style drama when he'd been transferred to keep an eye on Sleetstorm's rebuilding. But knowledge was a powerful tool, and Sentinel Holm was loathe to ignore it. Ignorance was blissful, but dangerous, considering the Mayor's political power in this remote location and her sway over the current cast of Council members. He supposed he'd need to find more information about this event. Sadly, most of the people there were dead and had been for some time; but Nox, Equinox and Labyrinth were all present in Salenor's story, so he guessed they were a good place to start; he had a feeling Abran herself wouldn't be wanting to give him anything. With another sigh, he reached for his quill and parchment. He'd need to requisition another Sentinel to infiltrate Wickerfrost, at this rate. -----
Pampas Grass Horn of Plenty Daffodil
Report #000001
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
58410779.png

57149135.png

POV: n/a

"So I just... Tell you? What happened?"

"Preferably, yes. But you can write it down if that'd be easier, I'll need to transcribe this anyways,"

[Salenor shifts in his seat, visibly uncomfortable]

"I can talk, it'll be easier. So I suppose I should start at the beginning?"

"When you met Mayor Abran,"

"Oh, at that beginning. Yes, sure, I don't see why not,"

[Salenor relaxes]
POV: Salenor

Autumn, a crisp beautiful autumn morning. Salenor had moved to Wickerfrost Village a month ago, and he hadn't regretted it since; the open vastness of the sky and the comforting peaks of the nearby mountains were beautiful in a way he'd never seen before.

Today was his first day on the job, his first legal job even! Oh if the Thornstrikers could see him now; not ferrying stolen pearls, not using his number-oriented mind to count ill-gotten treasure.

He was to be the Mayor's assistant, her Reeve as it'd been described. For an entry-level position it paid well, and though he wasn't aware of it yet the Reeve was an important position in Wickerfrost.

Of course, that meant getting to the town hall ten minutes early to show he was dedicated. And it meant actually meeting the Mayor, and getting along with her-- not that getting along was strictly necessary, but it'd be nice to have a good relationship with his boss.

So he got up early and reached the town hall fifteen minutes early, and spent his extra five minutes sitting on a bench not too far from the entrance eating his breakfast.

He was so focused on eating quickly he didn't notice the pearlcatcher approach until he'd sat down on the bench with a heavy thump.

Salenor would never admit it, but he flinched back and regarded the stranger warily. "Hello, can I help you?"

"Don't think you can, son, but the kindness is appreciated," The pearlcatcher responded, with laughter in his tone though his words weren't phrased like a joke. Gallows humor, but why?

"Okay then," Salenor said, turning back to his jerky - he'd only thought to bring jerky, it wasn't the best breakfast but he'd make due - and kept an eye on the stranger, though he did his best to hide it.

"So, you're the new Reeve, eh?" The pearlcatcher seemed to want to continue the conversation, and Salenor relented and decided it was in his best interest to be polite. This might be a co-worker, after all.

"Yes, I'm the new Reeve, Salenor, and you are--?"

"Eclipse, Councilman of Autumn Eclipse," The pearlcatcher was smiling, but the light didn't reach his pupil-less eyes. He reached into his satchel and removed his pearl, and began polishing it with his velvet-fuzzed fingers.

Salenor tried not to squirm in his seat. He'd heard of the Council of Seasons, of course he had! It was hard not to find out about one of the main governing bodies in Wickerfrost when he was applying to be the next Reeve.

Still, knowing what he did about the Council of Seasons.. Well, it was a bit intimidating. They were all powerful mages who drew their magic from their season, and could do exceptional things during the time of year when they reigned. He hadn't met any of them yet, obviously, and he certainly didn't anticipate meeting the current season's Councilman so soon.

"I've spooked yah, haven't I?" Eclipse chuckled, and Salenor drew himself up with a huff.

"No, it's just a pleasure to meet you, Councilman," Salenor was unused to such formalities and niceties, but he'd been practicing in the mirror for a week straight and he felt like Eclipse really bought his performance.

"Mhm, well I'd say the same. We'd best be getting inside, Abran likes to be the last one at work in the morning and I'd hate to deny her that," Eclipse spoke with a jovial tone, and Salenor was pretty sure that was an actual joke; probably, maybe. Still, he obediently put away his half-eaten breakfast and followed the pearlcatcher into town hall.

It was bustling, and he felt the instant urge to shrink away from the chaos. It was loud, all too loud with too many dragons - some he recognized instantly, such as the different members of the Council; after meeting Eclipse, he could feel the buzz of energy they radiated - but there were many, many others.

He found himself sticking to Eclipse's side as the pearlcatcher navigated through the room with little difficulty. The town hall itself seemed to be one large room, with many small cubicles for the dragons and a few branching hallways which he assumed led to offices.

There was precious little time left to scan the room until his gaze was caught by her. Regal and many-winged, and though she didn't radiate the same power as the Council members she still walked with authority and the dragons around her regarded her with deference.

Mayor Abran.

"Ah, Abran. I've got the new Reeve here," Eclipse waved her over, and the imperial slunk over with a small, knowing smile on her lips. Salenor straightened up his spine and then bowed his head in respect.

"Mayor Abran, I'm Salenor, pleased to meet you," His words were curt and overly professional, but the Mayor didn't seem to mind. She glanced at Eclipse, and then dismissed him with a wave of her hand.

"Ah, you're here. Early, too; that's good," The Mayor sized him up, and Salenor did his best to look impressive. "Follow, I'll handle your training personally,"

At the time, those words had exhilarated him; he'd passed whatever hidden test she'd given him, and he might've even impressed her enough that she wanted to train him herself.

He did not think anything bad would come of it, at the time.

[Salenor has stopped speaking, eyes glazed over]

"Is that all there is to it, Reeve? My files here say Councilman Eclipse was declared missing the next morning, and your account implies he has knowledge of something happening to him in the future; or a particularly grim sense of humor, I suppose. But I'm curious if you know anything further about the matter,"

"Who's getting this report, anyways? Is this going to the town guard, or-- How does this work?"

[Salenor is visibly getting worked up, he's gouging his claws onto the desk in his fit]

"This is just for background research on Wickerfrost, for Sentinel use only. So no, this will not be getting into the hands of any local authorities,"

[Salenor relaxes, but is still gouging the desk with his claws. Note: Get new desk]

"You Gaolers don't really care about regular crimes anyways, right? So you wouldn't drag anybody off to prison if they shoplifted, right?"

"No, that's not really our place. Sleetstorm is for containing magical disturbances and instances of Shade corruption, not for normal criminals,"

"Okay, okay then it's fine to tell you. This can't get back to Mayor Abran though, you hear me? If she knows I told she'll have my head,"

"...I'll let you get back to it, then,"

[Note: Keep a closer eye on Mayor Abran]
POV: Salenor

Mayor Abran taught him the basics of the filing and other organizational systems, the different permits and licenses he'd need to issue and how to issue them, and introduced him to the different people around the town hall.

He met Spring Councilwoman Cloudberry, Summer Councilwoman Maize and Winter Councilwoman Nox.

He also met the other various workers around the town hall, such as Captain Labyrinth - who headed the Town Guard - and Herald Equinox, Councilman Eclipse's personal assistant and understudy. There were others of course, but he tried to remember all the seemingly important ones.

The day passed quickly after that, and he fell into a quiet routine of following around Mayor Abran and assisting her with whatever tasks she took upon herself to do. He found that Mayor Abran was-- well, not mean or rude or anything quite like that, but she regarded everybody with an undeniable air of contempt.

He noticed most prominently, she was disrespectful towards Councilman Eclipse. The two didn't get along, and Salenor privately wondered if Eclipse had gotten an understudy just in case Abran tried to force him out of his job.

But there was only so many hours in the day for workplace tensions, and soon the sun was setting and it was time to clock off. Salenor was exhausted, but victorious in the feeling of having done a good job.

Mayor Abran stopped him as he was gathering his things to leave. "Reeve Salenor, I would like your help with something after work today,"

This was a good thing, this would get him brownie points with his boss, but still... "What do you need help with?"

"My niece recently misplaced something while playing in the forest outside my home, and given your heritage I think it'd be easiest for you to find it out of anyone here," Ouch, Mayor Abran's profiling stung and the request was weirdly personal but Salenor was still nodding agreeably before he had a chance to think about it.

"Of course, shouldn't take long for me at all," Salenor finished packing his things, and glanced at Mayor Abran again; she seemed incredibly relieved, a look he hadn't anticipated seeing on her face. Perhaps she had a different mode when working, and relaxed when they were off the clock?

He did not know at the time Mayor Abran didn't have a niece, or any family in Wickerfrost whatsoever. He just knew his boss had asked him for a favor, and he'd gladly spend some time rummaging through the woods if it meant getting into her good graces.

So he packed up his things, and followed the Mayor obediently to her home. It was close to the town central, but indeed it had a small patch of trees out back and a little stream running through it.

"Here, take this shovel. I'll show you where to dig," He should've questioned it when the Mayor shoved the shovel into his hands and led him into the forest; he should've wondered why she didn't do this herself if she knew the location of the lost item, he should've questioned why it was buried.

He did not question it, and started digging into the soft mud near the bank of the stream. He kept digging, even as the hole grew much too deep and it was starting to become something of a hazard; Abran stood at the edge, and she hadn't told him to stop yet.

Soon, the hole was big enough that Salenor could stand in it and it came up to his shoulders. He'd likely have to crawl out through the mud, even if Abran helped pull him out. At that point he stopped, exhausted and barely able to see under the moonless night.

"M-Mayor, perhaps we should come back to this tomorrow," Salenor tried to reason, but he couldn't see Abran's expression to gauge her emotions as she let the words hang in the air for an uncomfortably long time.

"No, it's quite alright, Reeve. This is deep enough, you can climb out now,"

Mayor Abran didn't help him scramble out of the pit, and his claws were coated with mud by the time he stood at her side. Now he was starting to have doubts about the purpose of this whole situation, and the hole looked ominously grave-sized.

He realized now, he didn't know what'd happened to the previous Reeve. Whether they'd retired, left or died. Or were murdered, in the forest behind their boss's house.

"You can go inside and clean yourself up, I'll be inside in a few minutes and I'll whip us up some dinner," Mayor Abran was calm as she spoke, and Salenor took the opportunity blindly to get out of the forest with that pit and get inside where he'd likely be safer, or at least feel safer.

So he went inside, and holed himself inside Abran's bathroom with a washcloth and a basin of cold water and got to work cleaning the mud off his claws, legs, arms- everywhere really, now that he had a candle to see himself he could tell he was absolutely filthy from digging.

He'd need to throw out most of these clothes, a pity.

"...She made us dinner and let me sleep on the couch. I woke up before dawn the next day and hurried home to change before work, and when I got to the town hall Councilman Eclipse was gone,"

"So, you think Mayor Abran used you to dig the Councilman's grave?"

[Salenor gets visibly irritated and bares his teeth]

"I never said anything like that! I just think it's weird, and she never brought me back to continue looking for whatever lost trinket she wanted us to find. I found out a few weeks later she didn't have any family in Wickerfrost, anyways,"

"So she lied to you and forced you to dig a pit in her backyard. Have you considered it might've just been hazing?"

"Hazing, well of course I'd considered it, but-- no, it wasn't hazing,"

"I'll believe you on that. So you stayed with her and ate dinner?"

"I believe I just said that, yes,"

"Did anything happen?"

[Salenor flinches and blushes. Note: The question was spoken in monotone]

"Absolutely not! Who do you think you are?!"

[Salenor gouges deep scars into the desk]

"I meant anything suspicious, did you notice her leaving the house during the night or saying anything that would arise suspicion?"

"Oh! Oh. No, I didn't notice anything like that,"

"Mhm. Well, is there anything else to add to your story?"

[Salenor flinches and scrapes his claws along the desk. Note: Sign of lying?]

"No, I guess not, I should be going then,"

"Thank you for your time,"
POV: Holm

The wildclaw left his office, and Holm put him out of his mind for now and instead focused on pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes and sighing heavily.

He clicked his recorder off, and resigned himself to transcribing it tomorrow. For now, he felt rattled and didn't want to write anything with an unsteady hand.

Mayor Abran, implicated in the murder of Councilman Eclipse, with Reeve Salenor as a potential witness or accomplice. He hadn't signed up for such soap opera style drama when he'd been transferred to keep an eye on Sleetstorm's rebuilding.

But knowledge was a powerful tool, and Sentinel Holm was loathe to ignore it. Ignorance was blissful, but dangerous, considering the Mayor's political power in this remote location and her sway over the current cast of Council members.

He supposed he'd need to find more information about this event. Sadly, most of the people there were dead and had been for some time; but Nox, Equinox and Labyrinth were all present in Salenor's story, so he guessed they were a good place to start; he had a feeling Abran herself wouldn't be wanting to give him anything.

With another sigh, he reached for his quill and parchment. He'd need to requisition another Sentinel to infiltrate Wickerfrost, at this rate.
1 2 3 4 5 6