Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | but a simple writing dump
heyhey! i like to write n all that funky stuff; worldbuilding, what's going on, etc. i wouldn't say i'm a very experienced writer, but i wanted to make a writing dump for the chaotic messes that i write haha-
anyway, i'm gonna pop my first one in! posts may not happen frequently, since i don't write too often, but i still enjoy it
constructive criticism is accepted and appreciated!

(Point of view: a lead scientist in a group. “We” refers to him and his team.)

The Guardian is a strange creature. A.. very strange creature.

It is composed of a glitching and writhing rip in space-time. No one knows where it came from. No one knows its intentions. No one even knows if it had wanted a different destination, but it seems to like being here.

It appears with human features and structure, but it is very easily deniable that it meant to form itself this way. A “third” eye is located supposedly where its chest is. I say “third” with the quote-on-quote gesture because you can hardly see its original two eyes, to the point that you could deny it has eyes save for the “third” one and be just about correct. The Guardian also has a singular antenna that seems to have grown from the back of its so-called head, and a tail.

The Guardian often jumps between dimensions or alternate universes that all originate from this realm. Everyone collectively dubs the connected dimensions and alternate universes as “pocket dimensions,” though from what I’ve read and heard, “pocket dimension” does not quite accurately describe these. (A new term is being worked on to fix this error. My team and I have been considering “linked dimension” and “linked universe.”)

From what we’ve seen, it does not have many preferences for anything, but does like greyscale, white, and black colors (information from tests 1462-A through 1462-J). It also seems to prefer being in the linked dimensions and universes rather than this main one, usually the dimension called The Twilight Forest.

Rather than using the normal ways of traveling dimensions, such as through portals or hidden universe gates, the Guardian will tear open an interdimensional rift/wormhole that connects the dimension/universe it’s in and the dimension/universe it wishes to visit. It simply climbs into the rift, and back out in its destination. The rift dissipates approximately two and a half minutes later. Attempts to enter the rift when not given permission by the creature itself (which is rare) result in the person or animal being thrown into limbo to float aimlessly for the rest of his or her life.

The only reason my team knows anything about the latter is due to one of our team members (Michael) taking the risk of going in, and eleven years later, escaping through a rift opened by the Guardian only seconds before it was closed. Michael later began to suffer from amnesia. I have told my team to take note of any other mental or physical health anomalies seen in Michael.

The Guardian defies the laws of physics in many ways. It can fly or hover effortlessly without any means of a jetpack or wings, and it can generate and/or summon anything it wishes to on its own command. (We have attempted to get it to summon something when we give a command, but it refuses.) As mentioned above, it opens interdimensional wormholes. There are very likely several other ways it defies the laws of physics, but we haven’t figured out much.

Notes:
- The Guardian is not a big fan of small spaces. Keep in mind for testing.
- Trying to grab the Guardian is not advised. Your hand, or whatever you may be grabbing it with, will most likely phase into the Guardian and simply disappear from this realm. Lost items or limbs cannot be retrieved.
- The Guardian shows no vital signs, yet we have managed to pry out of it a statement that it has lived for all time.
- The Guardian is infuriated when it is referred to as an “it.” It insists to be a “he.” Outside of interaction with the Guardian, it is still to be referred to as “it.”

heyhey! i like to write n all that funky stuff; worldbuilding, what's going on, etc. i wouldn't say i'm a very experienced writer, but i wanted to make a writing dump for the chaotic messes that i write haha-
anyway, i'm gonna pop my first one in! posts may not happen frequently, since i don't write too often, but i still enjoy it
constructive criticism is accepted and appreciated!

(Point of view: a lead scientist in a group. “We” refers to him and his team.)

The Guardian is a strange creature. A.. very strange creature.

It is composed of a glitching and writhing rip in space-time. No one knows where it came from. No one knows its intentions. No one even knows if it had wanted a different destination, but it seems to like being here.

It appears with human features and structure, but it is very easily deniable that it meant to form itself this way. A “third” eye is located supposedly where its chest is. I say “third” with the quote-on-quote gesture because you can hardly see its original two eyes, to the point that you could deny it has eyes save for the “third” one and be just about correct. The Guardian also has a singular antenna that seems to have grown from the back of its so-called head, and a tail.

The Guardian often jumps between dimensions or alternate universes that all originate from this realm. Everyone collectively dubs the connected dimensions and alternate universes as “pocket dimensions,” though from what I’ve read and heard, “pocket dimension” does not quite accurately describe these. (A new term is being worked on to fix this error. My team and I have been considering “linked dimension” and “linked universe.”)

From what we’ve seen, it does not have many preferences for anything, but does like greyscale, white, and black colors (information from tests 1462-A through 1462-J). It also seems to prefer being in the linked dimensions and universes rather than this main one, usually the dimension called The Twilight Forest.

Rather than using the normal ways of traveling dimensions, such as through portals or hidden universe gates, the Guardian will tear open an interdimensional rift/wormhole that connects the dimension/universe it’s in and the dimension/universe it wishes to visit. It simply climbs into the rift, and back out in its destination. The rift dissipates approximately two and a half minutes later. Attempts to enter the rift when not given permission by the creature itself (which is rare) result in the person or animal being thrown into limbo to float aimlessly for the rest of his or her life.

The only reason my team knows anything about the latter is due to one of our team members (Michael) taking the risk of going in, and eleven years later, escaping through a rift opened by the Guardian only seconds before it was closed. Michael later began to suffer from amnesia. I have told my team to take note of any other mental or physical health anomalies seen in Michael.

The Guardian defies the laws of physics in many ways. It can fly or hover effortlessly without any means of a jetpack or wings, and it can generate and/or summon anything it wishes to on its own command. (We have attempted to get it to summon something when we give a command, but it refuses.) As mentioned above, it opens interdimensional wormholes. There are very likely several other ways it defies the laws of physics, but we haven’t figured out much.

Notes:
- The Guardian is not a big fan of small spaces. Keep in mind for testing.
- Trying to grab the Guardian is not advised. Your hand, or whatever you may be grabbing it with, will most likely phase into the Guardian and simply disappear from this realm. Lost items or limbs cannot be retrieved.
- The Guardian shows no vital signs, yet we have managed to pry out of it a statement that it has lived for all time.
- The Guardian is infuriated when it is referred to as an “it.” It insists to be a “he.” Outside of interaction with the Guardian, it is still to be referred to as “it.”

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's

just popping in some dragon lore, some of it is short and probably looking forward to a revamp/add-on

(for Sable)

Sable is a kind dragon who tends to keep to herself. She has a job of metalworking in the clan, and is often called out of her den for help with glass-modeling, metalworking, and occasionally 'crystalworking' - a term coined by herself that basically means metalworking with crystals. She is a bit small for a Tundra, and has an eye for detail, which explains why some of her works are so intricate.

Sable enjoys working with crystals the most, especially with elemental ones. She also loves adding multiple levels of detail to an item, should it be a good and uncluttered day. Her works vary from broadswords to statues and even to jewelry! She did, in fact, craft her locket.

Her den is large and well-organized, even to the tiniest details. You could say she's a bit of a perfectionist. Every crystal, metal bar, and chunk of glass is stored neatly in a medium-sized rectangular crate, while sand contained for conversion to glass is placed in a smaller crate adjacent to the first. There are carefully sculpted and simple glass models of the individual dragon breeds, for size reference and the like. Every necklace, locket, earring, ring, and more accessories she's made are located in an openable glass case directly above the material boxes. Her fairly small pile of treasure and gems is placed in a chest labeled "Spending." Several other sentimental items are found in assorted small boxes, cups, and other containers on a few well-crafted shelves supplied by Rainheart.

Sable is agreeable, and is willing to trade crystals, glass, or metal in exchange for various gemstones, already crafted apparel, or treasure/gems. The trades are useful to complete jewelry, provide allowance, or fulfill a fellow clanmate's dream. She's also very generous.

She does dabble a little bit in magic, though she is not experienced and often messes up her spells. She doesn't seem to mind, though, as she's comfortable wielding her own items or using her claws and teeth for self-defense.

(for Rainheart)

Rainheart is a relatively friendly dragon, and often spends time with others, whether it be a short chat, a long battle of storytelling, or an exchange of information. Being social is one of her pastimes. She's a mix of a mom friend and a social butterfly.

She works as a carpenter in her clan. Need a shelf for your stuff? Consider it done. Need a bed frame, for any reason? Won't be long till you're covered. Want a quick touch-up? You'll have your item(s) back after about half an hour. No matter what it is, she always seems to get the job done, and helpfully, in a timely manner. She partners with Sable at times to make exquisite masks, carvings, or little figurines, just for fun.

Rainheart's den is a bit cluttered, yet she always seems to have that uncanny ability to find what she needs quickly. This bothers Sable at times, and sometimes she'll sneak into Rainheart's den to secretly clean up and organize it. Needless to say, Rainheart always manages to make it a mess again.

(Still needs an addition)

(for Lyra)

Lyra is a master of the arts of Shadow magic. She claims that you can never truly master Shadow magic, and that there's always something new to learn that had been hiding in some crevice before. She has amazing control over her Shadowstrikes - as she spent many long days in her cave practicing how to handle them well - and will defend the clan at all costs with their help. Sometimes they seem to have a mind of her own, and she has to rally them back, which she also practiced - just in case.

Sometimes the runes dotting her will light up briefly or flicker, which indicates to her that someone's in danger or there is danger nearby. It's a quite useful thing, to say the least. The runes can also tell her if she's getting closer or farther when looking for them by staying alight or flickering for a longer amount of time.

She's formed a good bond with Ruid after practicing magic with her and helping her out. Lyra likes to organize books with her, after a long day of practicing and playing with magic.

(for Cherry)

Cherry is often referred to as "Lyra's lil' kiddo" (coined by Sable). He and Lyra look extremely alike, and Cherry is younger than Lyra, which probably began this misinterpretation. Eventually, Lyra ended up adopting Cherry, taking care of him, and teaching him how to harness and easily control his magic.
They have developed such a bond over the time that they quickly became known as mother and son. Both Lyra and Cherry don't mind, and even accept it as fact.

Cherry loves to read and hang out with Ruid. He's not a big fan of the book organizing, but is willing to help her out if needed. He likes to join in on the meetups with Ruid, Rose, Rainheart, and Lyra a lot of the time. One of his main interests has been magic ever since Lyra took him under her wing.
Cherry is bouncy, naive, playful, and at some times, very impatient. He doesn't really like waiting, and prefers when things are done faster or immediately. If you explain to him why it takes a while, though, he will understand.

(for Ruid)

Ruid is a simple librarian. She likes to read, she likes to organize things, and she likes to help out. She tries her best when it comes to handling entitled dragons and the like in a level-headed manner, but sometimes she can't help snapping. Rough times, am I right?

When she's not helping out a dragon at her library, she can usually be found writing her own stories, organizing and checking over the order of the books, playing with the younger dragons, or bonding with her Gem Guardian. There are times when she'll hang out with Rose, Rainheart, Lyra, or all three together to try to figure out magic, since she never really practiced when she was younger.

just popping in some dragon lore, some of it is short and probably looking forward to a revamp/add-on

(for Sable)

Sable is a kind dragon who tends to keep to herself. She has a job of metalworking in the clan, and is often called out of her den for help with glass-modeling, metalworking, and occasionally 'crystalworking' - a term coined by herself that basically means metalworking with crystals. She is a bit small for a Tundra, and has an eye for detail, which explains why some of her works are so intricate.

Sable enjoys working with crystals the most, especially with elemental ones. She also loves adding multiple levels of detail to an item, should it be a good and uncluttered day. Her works vary from broadswords to statues and even to jewelry! She did, in fact, craft her locket.

Her den is large and well-organized, even to the tiniest details. You could say she's a bit of a perfectionist. Every crystal, metal bar, and chunk of glass is stored neatly in a medium-sized rectangular crate, while sand contained for conversion to glass is placed in a smaller crate adjacent to the first. There are carefully sculpted and simple glass models of the individual dragon breeds, for size reference and the like. Every necklace, locket, earring, ring, and more accessories she's made are located in an openable glass case directly above the material boxes. Her fairly small pile of treasure and gems is placed in a chest labeled "Spending." Several other sentimental items are found in assorted small boxes, cups, and other containers on a few well-crafted shelves supplied by Rainheart.

Sable is agreeable, and is willing to trade crystals, glass, or metal in exchange for various gemstones, already crafted apparel, or treasure/gems. The trades are useful to complete jewelry, provide allowance, or fulfill a fellow clanmate's dream. She's also very generous.

She does dabble a little bit in magic, though she is not experienced and often messes up her spells. She doesn't seem to mind, though, as she's comfortable wielding her own items or using her claws and teeth for self-defense.

(for Rainheart)

Rainheart is a relatively friendly dragon, and often spends time with others, whether it be a short chat, a long battle of storytelling, or an exchange of information. Being social is one of her pastimes. She's a mix of a mom friend and a social butterfly.

She works as a carpenter in her clan. Need a shelf for your stuff? Consider it done. Need a bed frame, for any reason? Won't be long till you're covered. Want a quick touch-up? You'll have your item(s) back after about half an hour. No matter what it is, she always seems to get the job done, and helpfully, in a timely manner. She partners with Sable at times to make exquisite masks, carvings, or little figurines, just for fun.

Rainheart's den is a bit cluttered, yet she always seems to have that uncanny ability to find what she needs quickly. This bothers Sable at times, and sometimes she'll sneak into Rainheart's den to secretly clean up and organize it. Needless to say, Rainheart always manages to make it a mess again.

(Still needs an addition)

(for Lyra)

Lyra is a master of the arts of Shadow magic. She claims that you can never truly master Shadow magic, and that there's always something new to learn that had been hiding in some crevice before. She has amazing control over her Shadowstrikes - as she spent many long days in her cave practicing how to handle them well - and will defend the clan at all costs with their help. Sometimes they seem to have a mind of her own, and she has to rally them back, which she also practiced - just in case.

Sometimes the runes dotting her will light up briefly or flicker, which indicates to her that someone's in danger or there is danger nearby. It's a quite useful thing, to say the least. The runes can also tell her if she's getting closer or farther when looking for them by staying alight or flickering for a longer amount of time.

She's formed a good bond with Ruid after practicing magic with her and helping her out. Lyra likes to organize books with her, after a long day of practicing and playing with magic.

(for Cherry)

Cherry is often referred to as "Lyra's lil' kiddo" (coined by Sable). He and Lyra look extremely alike, and Cherry is younger than Lyra, which probably began this misinterpretation. Eventually, Lyra ended up adopting Cherry, taking care of him, and teaching him how to harness and easily control his magic.
They have developed such a bond over the time that they quickly became known as mother and son. Both Lyra and Cherry don't mind, and even accept it as fact.

Cherry loves to read and hang out with Ruid. He's not a big fan of the book organizing, but is willing to help her out if needed. He likes to join in on the meetups with Ruid, Rose, Rainheart, and Lyra a lot of the time. One of his main interests has been magic ever since Lyra took him under her wing.
Cherry is bouncy, naive, playful, and at some times, very impatient. He doesn't really like waiting, and prefers when things are done faster or immediately. If you explain to him why it takes a while, though, he will understand.

(for Ruid)

Ruid is a simple librarian. She likes to read, she likes to organize things, and she likes to help out. She tries her best when it comes to handling entitled dragons and the like in a level-headed manner, but sometimes she can't help snapping. Rough times, am I right?

When she's not helping out a dragon at her library, she can usually be found writing her own stories, organizing and checking over the order of the books, playing with the younger dragons, or bonding with her Gem Guardian. There are times when she'll hang out with Rose, Rainheart, Lyra, or all three together to try to figure out magic, since she never really practiced when she was younger.

t

t
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's

would ya look at that, a wip backstory! this is my first time screwing around with stuff like this too, in a way, and i feel like it's gonna be hella fun

Rebic opened his eyes for the first time in what felt like days. The first thing he noticed was a dull pain that radiated through his head every few minutes. It wasn't pleasant. He idled there, with his eyes barely open, for a while. He could have sworn a blue object - slightly obstructed by gray - swept by. He was just too mentally dead to figure out what it was and if he'd actually seen it.

Finally, he changed his uncomfortable position. It was a huge relief to fully open his eyes while shifting around. Relief was quickly washed away by utter confusion as he realized the grass he sat on was gray, hard, and cold. It wasn't even grass. It was metal... metal you would make a cage out of. Rebic looked up and saw bars. Cage bars.

He was in a cage!

He frantically looked around for his captor. Then he stopped, taking in his surroundings and retrieving buried memories. Meeva was a similar shade of blue to the object, and moved swiftly and quietly like the object did. Upon closer inspection of the scenery, his confines were located in a workshop. Meeva had a workshop. She also took some robotics class that let her create robots. He saw some metal scraps, wires, and other robot doodads strewn around. Rebic knew Meeva was tidy, but also forgot to put things away on a regular basis. He also knew Meeva hated his guts for an unknown reason, which would explain the cage instead of freedom, sort of.

His final thought was let her know you're aware of who she is. Consequently, he yelled, "Meeva! I know who you are, you snake!"

He was met with a light thump directly to his left. Rebic nearly jumped to Mars and promptly bonked his head on the roof of his cage, which made the now pulsating pain worse. He turned fearfully and found himself face-to-face with his captor, who was no other than Meeva. "Hi." Her voice and overall posture was calm, but her expression flared with such hatred that it practically stabbed him. He waved feebly in response.

Meeva's already forced grin was forced further as she muttered, "Thanks for saying hi back." The statement seemed somewhat genuine. Rebic was then dragged by the shirt across the length of the cage by Meeva, then picked up like a toy in a claw machine by a large metal contraption, which had been dropped down when Meeva opened the cage roof. Rebic flailed wildly, to no avail.

~~

The next thing he knew, he was chained to the ceiling of a different cage, his head pain sharper and radiating faster. He looked down and noticed he was bleeding from some nasty gash on his gut. He couldn't feel his torso at all. He knew that he was very likely going to start feeling again soon.. but how to get out? Saws could be a start, he thought.

god i feel so bad for leaving my wip on a cliffhanger even though it's a wip so of course it'll be a cliffhanger slkhwfj

would ya look at that, a wip backstory! this is my first time screwing around with stuff like this too, in a way, and i feel like it's gonna be hella fun

Rebic opened his eyes for the first time in what felt like days. The first thing he noticed was a dull pain that radiated through his head every few minutes. It wasn't pleasant. He idled there, with his eyes barely open, for a while. He could have sworn a blue object - slightly obstructed by gray - swept by. He was just too mentally dead to figure out what it was and if he'd actually seen it.

Finally, he changed his uncomfortable position. It was a huge relief to fully open his eyes while shifting around. Relief was quickly washed away by utter confusion as he realized the grass he sat on was gray, hard, and cold. It wasn't even grass. It was metal... metal you would make a cage out of. Rebic looked up and saw bars. Cage bars.

He was in a cage!

He frantically looked around for his captor. Then he stopped, taking in his surroundings and retrieving buried memories. Meeva was a similar shade of blue to the object, and moved swiftly and quietly like the object did. Upon closer inspection of the scenery, his confines were located in a workshop. Meeva had a workshop. She also took some robotics class that let her create robots. He saw some metal scraps, wires, and other robot doodads strewn around. Rebic knew Meeva was tidy, but also forgot to put things away on a regular basis. He also knew Meeva hated his guts for an unknown reason, which would explain the cage instead of freedom, sort of.

His final thought was let her know you're aware of who she is. Consequently, he yelled, "Meeva! I know who you are, you snake!"

He was met with a light thump directly to his left. Rebic nearly jumped to Mars and promptly bonked his head on the roof of his cage, which made the now pulsating pain worse. He turned fearfully and found himself face-to-face with his captor, who was no other than Meeva. "Hi." Her voice and overall posture was calm, but her expression flared with such hatred that it practically stabbed him. He waved feebly in response.

Meeva's already forced grin was forced further as she muttered, "Thanks for saying hi back." The statement seemed somewhat genuine. Rebic was then dragged by the shirt across the length of the cage by Meeva, then picked up like a toy in a claw machine by a large metal contraption, which had been dropped down when Meeva opened the cage roof. Rebic flailed wildly, to no avail.

~~

The next thing he knew, he was chained to the ceiling of a different cage, his head pain sharper and radiating faster. He looked down and noticed he was bleeding from some nasty gash on his gut. He couldn't feel his torso at all. He knew that he was very likely going to start feeling again soon.. but how to get out? Saws could be a start, he thought.

god i feel so bad for leaving my wip on a cliffhanger even though it's a wip so of course it'll be a cliffhanger slkhwfj

t

t
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's