Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Seshet's Library
[center][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HQYRA-OZp_U/XoyOUIhTu9I/AAAAAAAAH_g/E8r4xQAziTw72cQl7muvu4OCs40yOrfxQCK8BGAsYHg/s423/2020-04-07.png[/img] [size=7][b][font=garamond]Seshet's Library[/font][/b][/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img] [b]WIP! Feel free to post however!![/b] [size=2][b]Subbed! Don't ping, please![/b][/size] Wandering around the Gens Anima grounds, you come across a small hut. On the outside, it's a rather nice little place. However, glancing through the window, it's very obvious that whoever lives inside it isn't the cleanest. You walk around to the door and open it. It's a lot clearer now that there's everything everywhere. Large stacks of books against one wall, discarded wads of papyrus and spilled ink over the floor. Walking further in, you can hear someone approaching. A black and [color=#c9aa2c]golden[/color] Pearlcatcher trots up to you with a chirp, smiling. "Hello!" She greets, setting the pearl in her arms down on the desk in front of her, "How may I help you? I am Seshet, the clan's bookkeeper, librarian and scribe!" [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60467702] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/604678/60467702_350.png[/img] [/url] "I catalogue every event the clan has been through and help my clanmates write diary entries about things they thought were interesting! Unfortnately, there isn't much here as I am rather new to the clan and I'm still working on writing up a bunch of things, but feel free to have a glance around anyways!" She offers you a few books. One thicker than the other two, "If you need anything, give me a shout!"[/center] [quote=Pinglist?] @/ClaudiusBez @/O1iviaDragon [/quote]
2020-04-07.png

Seshet's Library

arcanemidsmall.png

WIP! Feel free to post however!!
Subbed! Don't ping, please!

Wandering around the Gens Anima grounds, you come across a small hut. On the outside, it's a rather nice little place. However, glancing through the window, it's very obvious that whoever lives inside it isn't the cleanest.
You walk around to the door and open it. It's a lot clearer now that there's everything everywhere. Large stacks of books against one wall, discarded wads of papyrus and spilled ink over the floor. Walking further in, you can hear someone approaching.

A black and golden Pearlcatcher trots up to you with a chirp, smiling.
"Hello!" She greets, setting the pearl in her arms down on the desk in front of her, "How may I help you? I am Seshet, the clan's bookkeeper, librarian and scribe!"

60467702_350.png

"I catalogue every event the clan has been through and help my clanmates write diary entries about things they thought were interesting! Unfortnately, there isn't much here as I am rather new to the clan and I'm still working on writing up a bunch of things, but feel free to have a glance around anyways!" She offers you a few books. One thicker than the other two, "If you need anything, give me a shout!"

Pinglist? wrote:
@/ClaudiusBez @/O1iviaDragon
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
Hatchery!|Lore!|Drabbles!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qnsvl4q1hbyggi5/arcanetop.png[/img] Story Entries Index (By Character) [columns] [b][font=garamond][size=5][u]Rave[/u][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56569411][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/565695/56569411p.png[/img][/url] [b][font=garamond][size=4]-[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2849870/1#post_43655250]The Job[/url] [/columns] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nm0z9g1pkrloiln/arcanebottom.png[/img]
arcanetop.png
Story Entries Index (By Character)

Rave
56569411p.png
-The Job

arcanebottom.png
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
Diary Entry Index (By Character)
Diary Entry Index (By Character)
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
i dont know what this will be for!
but!
it's reserved for now!
probably entries by date, honestly
i dont know what this will be for!
but!
it's reserved for now!
probably entries by date, honestly
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
another reserve! just in case!!
gotta be sure i have plenty of posts before i actually throw things in here!
another reserve! just in case!!
gotta be sure i have plenty of posts before i actually throw things in here!
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
a couple more!! whee!
a couple more!! whee!
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
laast one
laast one
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qnsvl4q1hbyggi5/arcanetop.png[/img] [font=garamond][b][size=5]The Job [u]Rave[/u][/size][/b][/font] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56569411][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/565695/56569411p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img][/center] Staring silently down at the paper in his claws, he hummed a little, bright red eyes flicking over the information. The humming turned into more of a tune, gently bobbing his head from side to side, that turning into a slow nod as he processed the words. He has a target; he has a location and he’s been given a price. Now all he needs to do is get to where he needs to be and take out the target. If you haven’t worked it out already, Rave is a bounty hunter. Well, his [i]side job[/i] is bounty hunting. Primarily, he works with Gens Anima as a merchant, trading items to and from other clans. Though… he does also do a [i]lot[/i] of thieving in the process usually. It [i]does[/i] benefit the clan, but no matter what, he ends up getting caught and in trouble for it with his clan’s leader. Back to what he’s currently doing… he stuffed the parchment into a pocket for reference later if he needs it, trotting away from the ominous wooden sign in the middle of the forest. Pulling the strings of his hood a little, eyes glowing white beneath the cowl, he took off at a run, spreading his wings and jumping up into the air. He soared off, heading in the general direction he was meant to be going. An hour or so later, he landed again, pausing to re-read the paper. Oh. Hold on. He recognised this place. He recognised that [i]name[/i]. This.. this was his clan! His target was a clanmate, his (hunting) partner, no less! Honestly, he has no clue how he didn’t recognise that before. Sure, there are a lot of dragons with similar names, but somehow the thought that it was his best friend hadn’t passed through. This area was the very same one that Skellington, being the clan’s mortician, often works in, away from the main clan areas so no-one had to see what he was doing. Somewhere private for him to work and generally be in. The place reeked of death as it usually did, but this time, it filled Rave with dread. He’s taken the job, he’s got to do something. There’s a dragon out there somewhere that’s waiting to see Skel dead, they’re waiting for evidence that he’s gone. If the job isn’t complete, chances are another flyer will be put up and someone else, more willing to go through with it, would end up ending his good friend’s life. He didn’t know what to do. Does he… forget their partnership and go through with the job? No, he cares about him [i]way[/i] too much for that. Does he go and track down the dragon that wanted the job completed and kill [i]them[/i] instead? Or at least interrogate them and find out why they want him dead? That didn’t sound like the most effective thing to do. Sure, he’s threatening a clanmate, but is it really worth killing someone over? Does he just... ignore it completely and inform Skellington about it? Honestly, this sounded like his best option. Rave stayed where he was for a while, sat down, his claws at his face as he pondered over the possible outcomes of each scenario, trying to pick and choose which he thinks is best. Maybe he should bring it up to Agapi instead? Get the entire clan on guard to keep him safe? They may be a rather friendly clan, but if one of them is in danger and others know about it, they can be very fierce and protective. No. That… that might not be a good idea. If word gets out to that possible future dragon’s clan that he was killed by a clan, they might end up getting into more trouble. Maybe he should just… tell Skellington. By doing that, he can fend for himself. Or actually get some help from his partner for once and let them both watch out for anything. Hopefully, after a while the dragon behind the job in the first place would give up and stop trying to get him killed. Raze bit the bullet and decided to do that, exiting the foliage he’d been sitting in for a while. He pulled his hood down so his face was definitely visible and so that he didn’t startle the other in some way. “Skellington?” He called out, hearing a startled chirp from nearby. “Ah! Rave! Is everything alright? You need some help looking for someone?” He poked his head out, looking over towards the Mirror. “Uhh… No, I just… wanted to tell you; someone’s tried to put a hit on you,” He said, worry lacing his tone. He pulled out the paper again to show him, handing it to him once he was close enough. The Wildclaw looked over it, humming in interest, “Ah. Was probably the mate of that one Coatl I took out recently. Don’t worry about it, bud. I’ll be fine,” The smaller one didn’t seem so sure, knowing there are a good number of other hunters out there AND that a good chunk of them are [i]very[/i] good at what they do. He sighed a little, nodding hesitantly. “If you say so. I’m always here to give you assistance if you need it though,” “Of course you are,” Skel playfully batted him with a wing, smiling. The action got a small smile out of the Mirror. Skellington always seemed pretty sure of himself. Sure, it didn’t [i]always[/i] work out, but it did most of the time. He should be fine! But… Rave can’t help but worry for him. He brushed the thoughts away for now. He’d probably end up thinking about it more later. Well, at least that’s dealt with for now. He’ll go back for another job later. That can wait. Friends and family first, jobs and others aren’t as important. That is how the clan works, after all. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img][/center] First actual story!! Pings for those who were interested to see it open! @ClaudiusBez @O1iviaDragon [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nm0z9g1pkrloiln/arcanebottom.png[/img][/center]
arcanetop.png

The Job
Rave

56569411p.png

arcanemidsmall.png

Staring silently down at the paper in his claws, he hummed a little, bright red eyes flicking over the information. The humming turned into more of a tune, gently bobbing his head from side to side, that turning into a slow nod as he processed the words. He has a target; he has a location and he’s been given a price. Now all he needs to do is get to where he needs to be and take out the target.

If you haven’t worked it out already, Rave is a bounty hunter. Well, his side job is bounty hunting. Primarily, he works with Gens Anima as a merchant, trading items to and from other clans. Though… he does also do a lot of thieving in the process usually. It does benefit the clan, but no matter what, he ends up getting caught and in trouble for it with his clan’s leader.

Back to what he’s currently doing… he stuffed the parchment into a pocket for reference later if he needs it, trotting away from the ominous wooden sign in the middle of the forest. Pulling the strings of his hood a little, eyes glowing white beneath the cowl, he took off at a run, spreading his wings and jumping up into the air. He soared off, heading in the general direction he was meant to be going.

An hour or so later, he landed again, pausing to re-read the paper. Oh. Hold on. He recognised this place. He recognised that name. This.. this was his clan! His target was a clanmate, his (hunting) partner, no less! Honestly, he has no clue how he didn’t recognise that before. Sure, there are a lot of dragons with similar names, but somehow the thought that it was his best friend hadn’t passed through.

This area was the very same one that Skellington, being the clan’s mortician, often works in, away from the main clan areas so no-one had to see what he was doing. Somewhere private for him to work and generally be in. The place reeked of death as it usually did, but this time, it filled Rave with dread. He’s taken the job, he’s got to do something. There’s a dragon out there somewhere that’s waiting to see Skel dead, they’re waiting for evidence that he’s gone. If the job isn’t complete, chances are another flyer will be put up and someone else, more willing to go through with it, would end up ending his good friend’s life.

He didn’t know what to do. Does he… forget their partnership and go through with the job? No, he cares about him way too much for that. Does he go and track down the dragon that wanted the job completed and kill them instead? Or at least interrogate them and find out why they want him dead? That didn’t sound like the most effective thing to do. Sure, he’s threatening a clanmate, but is it really worth killing someone over? Does he just... ignore it completely and inform Skellington about it? Honestly, this sounded like his best option.

Rave stayed where he was for a while, sat down, his claws at his face as he pondered over the possible outcomes of each scenario, trying to pick and choose which he thinks is best. Maybe he should bring it up to Agapi instead? Get the entire clan on guard to keep him safe? They may be a rather friendly clan, but if one of them is in danger and others know about it, they can be very fierce and protective.

No. That… that might not be a good idea. If word gets out to that possible future dragon’s clan that he was killed by a clan, they might end up getting into more trouble. Maybe he should just… tell Skellington. By doing that, he can fend for himself. Or actually get some help from his partner for once and let them both watch out for anything. Hopefully, after a while the dragon behind the job in the first place would give up and stop trying to get him killed.

Raze bit the bullet and decided to do that, exiting the foliage he’d been sitting in for a while. He pulled his hood down so his face was definitely visible and so that he didn’t startle the other in some way.

“Skellington?” He called out, hearing a startled chirp from nearby.

“Ah! Rave! Is everything alright? You need some help looking for someone?” He poked his head out, looking over towards the Mirror.

“Uhh… No, I just… wanted to tell you; someone’s tried to put a hit on you,” He said, worry lacing his tone. He pulled out the paper again to show him, handing it to him once he was close enough.

The Wildclaw looked over it, humming in interest, “Ah. Was probably the mate of that one Coatl I took out recently. Don’t worry about it, bud. I’ll be fine,”

The smaller one didn’t seem so sure, knowing there are a good number of other hunters out there AND that a good chunk of them are very good at what they do. He sighed a little, nodding hesitantly.
“If you say so. I’m always here to give you assistance if you need it though,”

“Of course you are,” Skel playfully batted him with a wing, smiling. The action got a small smile out of the Mirror. Skellington always seemed pretty sure of himself. Sure, it didn’t always work out, but it did most of the time. He should be fine! But… Rave can’t help but worry for him. He brushed the thoughts away for now. He’d probably end up thinking about it more later.

Well, at least that’s dealt with for now. He’ll go back for another job later. That can wait. Friends and family first, jobs and others aren’t as important. That is how the clan works, after all.

arcanemidsmall.png

First actual story!!
Pings for those who were interested to see it open!

@ClaudiusBez @O1iviaDragon
arcanebottom.png
GYOacDR.png
Hi there! Name's Pink!
+8FR time|She/Her|21
157k.png EEwJxLq.png