Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Welcome to The Gloom (Clan Lore)
1 2
Welcome to The Gloom
Sitting in the rift between the Tangled Woods and the Sunbeam Ruins lies a clan called The Gloom. Dragons from all walks of life reside here, finding welcoming smiles and acceptance in its shadowy embrace. You might call them a band of misfits, but each and every one has found their place with the Shadowbinder, and more so with The Gloom. Many have come and gone, but the ones who remain are always eager to welcome another new face into the clan.

Heyo! This is where I'll be posting stories written by either me or others about my dragons, that way everything will be more organized.

Please don't post anything in this thread, this is for personal use only. If you have any questions about the lore or any critiques, feel free to PM me! :)
Welcome to The Gloom
Sitting in the rift between the Tangled Woods and the Sunbeam Ruins lies a clan called The Gloom. Dragons from all walks of life reside here, finding welcoming smiles and acceptance in its shadowy embrace. You might call them a band of misfits, but each and every one has found their place with the Shadowbinder, and more so with The Gloom. Many have come and gone, but the ones who remain are always eager to welcome another new face into the clan.

Heyo! This is where I'll be posting stories written by either me or others about my dragons, that way everything will be more organized.

Please don't post anything in this thread, this is for personal use only. If you have any questions about the lore or any critiques, feel free to PM me! :)

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
tumblr_pr6t3l19hw1ugssd3o4_r1_250.png
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~A Lesson Learned~[/b][/center] [center][i]-Written by s0leil[/i][/center] An anxious, almost birdlike trilling sound snapped Anessia out of her reverie. Rain-soaked leaves muffled her footsteps, she slowed to a halt. Swinging her tail around slowly, teeth slightly bared, her narrowed eyes drifted across tangled clusters of branches. Scarlet scales flashed briefly. As she approached, leaving the well-worn path behind, four wings unfurled: two young hatchlings, from her own clan. She softened her tone, though uneasiness lurked at the back of her mind. "How'd you get out here?” Their bright scales, not yet dulled by age, made them strangely vulnerable-looking. One shook its head, the other's dark eyes widened. Out of nowhere, a scrawny wildclaw appeared. He was barely half Anessia's size. She prepared to bat him away with a single swipe when— Someone slammed into her side. She slid across the slick leaves, digging claws into the mud to slow down. This dragon was massive, even for a ridgeback; she noted the sharp horn alarmingly close to her face. The bushes rustled. Still reeling from the blow, panic began to set in; the ridgeback was stalking towards her, while the wildclaw snuck around the side and something else was likely preparing to leap onto her back. Anessia crouched, ready to put up a fight for the hatchlings' sake. The ridgeback had done more damage than she first thought. Head pounding, vision faltering, she watched as her opponent flared his wings. Just as she felt herself falling, three mirrors burst from the shrubbery and threw themselves on the ridgeback. Vicious snarling was the last thing she heard. Anessia squinted at Legend, silhouetted against the soft glow of blue fungi. He was pacing in front of her. She lay exactly where she'd fallen; her rescuers clearly hadn't been able to move her. "What happened?" "The hatchlings were a distraction. To steal food. A ragtag band of starving dragons, nothing more. The hatchlings are safe. And the thieves are gone." "I've learnt my lesson, at least." Legend flicked his tail. "And what lesson would that be?" Anessia dragged herself into a sitting position. "I need to train more. Be more alert. I wasn't prepared.” Legend let out a heavy sigh. "What you need is to let people help you. Stop trying to prove you can do things alone." "That's not why I do it!" Anessia protested, feeling like a scolded hatchling again. Legend tilted his head. In silence, he turned back towards the clan’s lair. Anessia followed slowly, his words circling in her mind. ------ [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6072122] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/60722/6072122_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
~A Lesson Learned~
-Written by s0leil

An anxious, almost birdlike trilling sound snapped Anessia out of her reverie. Rain-soaked leaves muffled her footsteps, she slowed to a halt. Swinging her tail around slowly, teeth slightly bared, her narrowed eyes drifted across tangled clusters of branches.

Scarlet scales flashed briefly. As she approached, leaving the well-worn path behind, four wings unfurled: two young hatchlings, from her own clan. She softened her tone, though uneasiness lurked at the back of her mind.

"How'd you get out here?”

Their bright scales, not yet dulled by age, made them strangely vulnerable-looking. One shook its head, the other's dark eyes widened.

Out of nowhere, a scrawny wildclaw appeared. He was barely half Anessia's size. She prepared to bat him away with a single swipe when—

Someone slammed into her side. She slid across the slick leaves, digging claws into the mud to slow down. This dragon was massive, even for a ridgeback; she noted the sharp horn alarmingly close to her face.

The bushes rustled. Still reeling from the blow, panic began to set in; the ridgeback was stalking towards her, while the wildclaw snuck around the side and something else was likely preparing to leap onto her back.

Anessia crouched, ready to put up a fight for the hatchlings' sake. The ridgeback had done more damage than she first thought. Head pounding, vision faltering, she watched as her opponent flared his wings.

Just as she felt herself falling, three mirrors burst from the shrubbery and threw themselves on the ridgeback.

Vicious snarling was the last thing she heard.

Anessia squinted at Legend, silhouetted against the soft glow of blue fungi. He was pacing in front of her. She lay exactly where she'd fallen; her rescuers clearly hadn't been able to move her.

"What happened?"

"The hatchlings were a distraction. To steal food. A ragtag band of starving dragons, nothing more. The hatchlings are safe. And the thieves are gone."

"I've learnt my lesson, at least."

Legend flicked his tail. "And what lesson would that be?"

Anessia dragged herself into a sitting position. "I need to train more. Be more alert. I wasn't prepared.”

Legend let out a heavy sigh. "What you need is to let people help you. Stop trying to prove you can do things alone."

"That's not why I do it!" Anessia protested, feeling like a scolded hatchling again. Legend tilted his head. In silence, he turned back towards the clan’s lair. Anessia followed slowly, his words circling in her mind.

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Awakened~[/b][/center] [center][i]~Written by Excessnight[/i][/center] "Good morning, my young one," a sickly sweet voice said as the Mirror opened his eyes. He couldn't see the owner of the voice, but he knew it was incredibly close. It was overpowering and welcoming. It felt like home and the Mirror did not understand why or how. "You're name is Contagion, young one. You will lead a great clan and be well known across the land." Contagion was confused for a moment. How could he, a newborn, have such a fate decided for him? He stood on shaky legs and turned around. What stood behind him was a massive dragon of disturbing images. She was decaying and rotting, yet she was beautiful and he could only think of one true word for her: Mother. Without having to be told who she was, the name flittered across his mind silently. Plaguebringer. "Mother," he said softly and then again as a smile ripped across his face. "Mother!" "Yes, my young one. I am your Mother," she said as vile leaked from her mouth and posion steamed off of her into the air. "You will make me proud." After those words she slowly disappeared into the surrounding land and Contagion felt confused. Not lost, but simply confused. "She will guide us where we walk, but it is you and I who shall write history," a voice said and Contagion turned, trying to locate it to no avail. "We are one, you and I. Together, chaos shall rein." Many weeks had passed and the voice in Contagion's head was the soul thing that kept him going. He was lost without the soft voice directing him where to go, whom to address, and what to eat. Contagion eventually named the voice Sire and Sire he was. Where the Plaguebringer was his Mother, his creator, Sire was his reason, his exisitance and drive. Sire taught him everything he needed to know. How to hunt, how to speak, how to kill. Oh, and did Sire have a thirst for killing. The first kill had been an accident. That's all it had been. "We killed him," Contagion whispered as he stared at the Ridgeback whose throat had been torn open by his very teeth. "What do we do? I did not mean it!" Fear filled Contagion but not a second later was Sire whispering words of comfort into his ear. "Hush, Contagion. You are stronger than he. You have proved that in battle. This Ridgeback should have known that. Skin him. Take his hide and make it your cloak. Take his skull and make it your crown. Eat his flesh and feel victorious." And as Contagion had done time and time again, he listened and obeyed Sire. As their journey continued, Contagion felt his blood rush every time he was confronted with battle and he felt his heart soar with every victory. He was ment to be a ruler and with blood stained on his claws, he would rule the Scared Wastelands and the Tangled Wood. Eventually. And Sire would be the one leading him. It was just a matter of time. --------- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28482554] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/284826/28482554_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
~Awakened~
~Written by Excessnight

"Good morning, my young one," a sickly sweet voice said as the Mirror opened his eyes. He couldn't see the owner of the voice, but he knew it was incredibly close. It was overpowering and welcoming. It felt like home and the Mirror did not understand why or how. "You're name is Contagion, young one. You will lead a great clan and be well known across the land."

Contagion was confused for a moment. How could he, a newborn, have such a fate decided for him? He stood on shaky legs and turned around. What stood behind him was a massive dragon of disturbing images. She was decaying and rotting, yet she was beautiful and he could only think of one true word for her: Mother. Without having to be told who she was, the name flittered across his mind silently. Plaguebringer.

"Mother," he said softly and then again as a smile ripped across his face. "Mother!"

"Yes, my young one. I am your Mother," she said as vile leaked from her mouth and posion steamed off of her into the air. "You will make me proud." After those words she slowly disappeared into the surrounding land and Contagion felt confused. Not lost, but simply confused.

"She will guide us where we walk, but it is you and I who shall write history," a voice said and Contagion turned, trying to locate it to no avail. "We are one, you and I. Together, chaos shall rein."

Many weeks had passed and the voice in Contagion's head was the soul thing that kept him going. He was lost without the soft voice directing him where to go, whom to address, and what to eat. Contagion eventually named the voice Sire and Sire he was. Where the Plaguebringer was his Mother, his creator, Sire was his reason, his exisitance and drive. Sire taught him everything he needed to know. How to hunt, how to speak, how to kill. Oh, and did Sire have a thirst for killing. The first kill had been an accident. That's all it had been.

"We killed him," Contagion whispered as he stared at the Ridgeback whose throat had been torn open by his very teeth. "What do we do? I did not mean it!" Fear filled Contagion but not a second later was Sire whispering words of comfort into his ear.

"Hush, Contagion. You are stronger than he. You have proved that in battle. This Ridgeback should have known that. Skin him. Take his hide and make it your cloak. Take his skull and make it your crown. Eat his flesh and feel victorious." And as Contagion had done time and time again, he listened and obeyed Sire.

As their journey continued, Contagion felt his blood rush every time he was confronted with battle and he felt his heart soar with every victory. He was ment to be a ruler and with blood stained on his claws, he would rule the Scared Wastelands and the Tangled Wood. Eventually. And Sire would be the one leading him. It was just a matter of time.

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Noticed~[/b][/center] [center][i]-Written by LemmeRest[/i][/center] Feeling dozens of eyes roving over his body was familiar. Natural. Dragons took in his appearance. His brilliant gold wings, his jet black skin, his perfectly well-kept claws, his sinuous tail dancing behind him as he walked forward. He felt eyes land on his latest kill. A mammoth of a beast, dragged behind him and leaving a faint blood trail where its throat met the ground. Its gargantuan body dwarfed Apollo's. Its sharp claws and brutal fangs left their evidence on his skin through his armor. It was bigger, faster, and stronger than anything Apollo has ever hunted before. Stronger than Apollo himself. And he still managed to kill it. Not only that, he killed it cleanly, without wasting anything. He brought back a feast! Naturally, everyone's eyes were drawn to him. They wanted to know who this brave, amazing, infallible hunter was. They wanted to know him. And man did he preen at their attention. He walked slower, practically strutting. He flared his wings to show off the sheen. He turned his head this way and that, shooting young women flirtatious winks and reveling at how they giggled. He shifted once or twice, letting everyone know that he brought down this beast. Not Axca. Him. Pride swelled in his chest as he finally passed the one dragon he's been dying to see ever since he made his kill. Cira looked resplendent, draped elegantly over a rock and bathing in the sunlight. Apollo sauntered over to her, flashing an inviting look and showing off unashamedly. Surely, she would notice him now, right? How could she not? Instead, Cira merely glanced at him, and at his kill. "You should probably get the meat off the ground before it becomes inedible," she said softly. Cira got up from the rock and began to walk away. She paused and glanced back at Apollo who just about beamed with pride at the attention. "Get those injuries checked too. Our hunter can't be injured." She said nothing more as she walked away, but Apollo grinned. She noticed him. His injuries, his kill. She may not be swooning, but he was determined. If Cira noticed him with a huge kill, then he'd just have to find something bigger to hunt. Axca would pale in comparison. Cira would finally realize that he was the best hunter in the clan. He would have a shot. Lifting the carcass up as best he could, Apollo kept the smile on his face as he continued on his way. ------- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35353045] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353531/35353045_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
~Noticed~
-Written by LemmeRest

Feeling dozens of eyes roving over his body was familiar. Natural. Dragons took in his appearance. His brilliant gold wings, his jet black skin, his perfectly well-kept claws, his sinuous tail dancing behind him as he walked forward.

He felt eyes land on his latest kill. A mammoth of a beast, dragged behind him and leaving a faint blood trail where its throat met the ground. Its gargantuan body dwarfed Apollo's. Its sharp claws and brutal fangs left their evidence on his skin through his armor.

It was bigger, faster, and stronger than anything Apollo has ever hunted before. Stronger than Apollo himself.

And he still managed to kill it. Not only that, he killed it cleanly, without wasting anything.

He brought back a feast!

Naturally, everyone's eyes were drawn to him. They wanted to know who this brave, amazing, infallible hunter was. They wanted to know him. And man did he preen at their attention.

He walked slower, practically strutting. He flared his wings to show off the sheen. He turned his head this way and that, shooting young women flirtatious winks and reveling at how they giggled. He shifted once or twice, letting everyone know that he brought down this beast.

Not Axca. Him.

Pride swelled in his chest as he finally passed the one dragon he's been dying to see ever since he made his kill.

Cira looked resplendent, draped elegantly over a rock and bathing in the sunlight. Apollo sauntered over to her, flashing an inviting look and showing off unashamedly.

Surely, she would notice him now, right? How could she not?

Instead, Cira merely glanced at him, and at his kill.

"You should probably get the meat off the ground before it becomes inedible," she said softly.

Cira got up from the rock and began to walk away. She paused and glanced back at Apollo who just about beamed with pride at the attention.

"Get those injuries checked too. Our hunter can't be injured."

She said nothing more as she walked away, but Apollo grinned. She noticed him. His injuries, his kill. She may not be swooning, but he was determined.

If Cira noticed him with a huge kill, then he'd just have to find something bigger to hunt. Axca would pale in comparison. Cira would finally realize that he was the best hunter in the clan. He would have a shot.

Lifting the carcass up as best he could, Apollo kept the smile on his face as he continued on his way.

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~What A Party~[/b][/center] [center][i]-Written by Angelfire335[/i] (for 'Flirt with a Dragon Above You')[/center] Cira paced anxiously outside the entrance of the cave, her heart fluttering as fast as a hummingbird's wings. Oh, why did she let Shade and Azura talk her into this? It was easy for them to go to a party like this. They were Shadow dragons. They were accustomed to Shadow culture and were welcomed to most Trickmurk parties. Her, though? The Light Skydancer couldn't be further away. With a sigh, Cira leaned against the opening of the cave, the rough stone walls ruffling up her feathers. "I'll just go back to the Clan," she mumbled to herself. "I don't belong here, this deep in the Tangled Wood. I should be in my den, curled up with a good scroll and sipping some of Myrennia's tea." As Cira spread her wings, about to take off, a beautiful laugh made her freeze. It sounded almost... musical. And it was definitely masculine. Turning around, the pretty Skydancer peered into the cave opening. The sound of may dragons happily shouting and laughing could be heard. Suddenly, the musical laugh echoed throughout her ears once more. Cira narrowed her eyes at the cave. She was determined to find the owner of such a beautiful laugh, even if it meant facing her social anxiety. With a twitch of her feathered tail, Cira took a step into the cave. [center]```[/center] "Where could he be?" Cira mumbled under her breath, skirting around a pair of cuddling Shadow dragons. She had been searching for the past 15 minutes for the owner of the magical laugh she had heard, but so far she was unsuccessful. On the bright side, though, most of the Shadow Dragons at the party took no notice of the lost Light Skydancer. Cira's feathers drooped a bit as she realized that she might never find the dragon with the musical laugh, when she heard it. It was like a soft lullaby during a nightmare. Cira whipped her head around and located the culprit of her suffering. The most gorgeous Wildclaw she had ever seen stood not three feet from her, laughing his enchanting laugh, his face lit with amusement. And who as he talking to? It was none other than Cira's two friends, Shade and Azura. Azura glanced around and spotted her reclusive friend. With a bright grin, the dark Pearlcatcher quickly waved at her. "Oh, Ciiiiraaaa! Come meet Khepri!" Cira's face began heating up as the Wildclaw turned to look at her, and she quickly duckked her head. The Skydancer shyly made her way over to the three, her heart beginning to race. "Hello," she whispered, keeping her head down. Shade nudged her gently. "Hey, its rude not to look at someone when you're talking," he teased. Cira hesitantly raised her head and was immediately bewitched by his eyes. They were such a lovely shade of deep violet. Cira was so flustered that she said the first thing that came to mind. "They say the eyes are the mirror to the soul. You must have one beautiful soul." Khepri's beautiful purple orbs widened in surprise, and Cira realized what she had said. Her face flushed a deep red as Shade and Azura burst out laughing. After a moment, Khepri joined in, his laugh a tad softer than the the other two. "Thank you," he chuckled, smiling kindly at her. Cira turned an even deeper shade of red, and she used her wings to hide her face. What a party. ------- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35781790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357818/35781790_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
~What A Party~
-Written by Angelfire335 (for 'Flirt with a Dragon Above You')

Cira paced anxiously outside the entrance of the cave, her heart fluttering as fast as a hummingbird's wings. Oh, why did she let Shade and Azura talk her into this? It was easy for them to go to a party like this. They were Shadow dragons. They were accustomed to Shadow culture and were welcomed to most Trickmurk parties. Her, though? The Light Skydancer couldn't be further away.

With a sigh, Cira leaned against the opening of the cave, the rough stone walls ruffling up her feathers.

"I'll just go back to the Clan," she mumbled to herself. "I don't belong here, this deep in the Tangled Wood. I should be in my den, curled up with a good scroll and sipping some of Myrennia's tea."

As Cira spread her wings, about to take off, a beautiful laugh made her freeze. It sounded almost... musical. And it was definitely masculine. Turning around, the pretty Skydancer peered into the cave opening. The sound of may dragons happily shouting and laughing could be heard. Suddenly, the musical laugh echoed throughout her ears once more.

Cira narrowed her eyes at the cave. She was determined to find the owner of such a beautiful laugh, even if it meant facing her social anxiety. With a twitch of her feathered tail, Cira took a step into the cave.
```

"Where could he be?" Cira mumbled under her breath, skirting around a pair of cuddling Shadow dragons. She had been searching for the past 15 minutes for the owner of the magical laugh she had heard, but so far she was unsuccessful. On the bright side, though, most of the Shadow Dragons at the party took no notice of the lost Light Skydancer.

Cira's feathers drooped a bit as she realized that she might never find the dragon with the musical laugh, when she heard it. It was like a soft lullaby during a nightmare. Cira whipped her head around and located the culprit of her suffering.

The most gorgeous Wildclaw she had ever seen stood not three feet from her, laughing his enchanting laugh, his face lit with amusement. And who as he talking to? It was none other than Cira's two friends, Shade and Azura.

Azura glanced around and spotted her reclusive friend. With a bright grin, the dark Pearlcatcher quickly waved at her. "Oh, Ciiiiraaaa! Come meet Khepri!"

Cira's face began heating up as the Wildclaw turned to look at her, and she quickly duckked her head. The Skydancer shyly made her way over to the three, her heart beginning to race.

"Hello," she whispered, keeping her head down. Shade nudged her gently.

"Hey, its rude not to look at someone when you're talking," he teased. Cira hesitantly raised her head and was immediately bewitched by his eyes. They were such a lovely shade of deep violet. Cira was so flustered that she said the first thing that came to mind.

"They say the eyes are the mirror to the soul. You must have one beautiful soul."

Khepri's beautiful purple orbs widened in surprise, and Cira realized what she had said. Her face flushed a deep red as Shade and Azura burst out laughing. After a moment, Khepri joined in, his laugh a tad softer than the the other two.

"Thank you," he chuckled, smiling kindly at her. Cira turned an even deeper shade of red, and she used her wings to hide her face.

What a party.

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Faerie's Plan~[/b][/center] [center]~Written by winterchime[/center] “Everyone, please.” Anessia sighed and rested her elbow on the circular table in front of her. “I need you to focus on the mission ahead.” “I’m trying to, believe me.” Contagion muttered, tapping his claws against the wood. “You know I love a good kill as much as anyone. But, Sesshomaru’s bothering me too much to focus.” “Stop being difficult, Contagion.” Sesshomaru said in his usual cool tone. “We all know you’re just trying to get Anessia’s attention. It’s getting rather frustrating.” Contagion flushed a bright scarlet on top of his vermillion skin. “What did you just say to me?” Sesshomaru looked unfazed. “I said to stop mooning over Anessia already. It’s getting old.” The Mirror flushed scarlet over his already vermillion skin. “Do you have any idea of the things I’ve done? The villages I’ve pliffered, the dragons I’ve killed? You’ll be sorry-” “Listen to Anessia, dimwits.” Myrennia bellowed over the Mirror, slamming her hand on the table. “She didn’t call this meeting to listen to you two bicker.” “Thank you, Myrennia.” Anessia gave her a small smile, and Myrennia nodded in response. “Now, onto the mission. Faerie has a new strategy she wants us to try for our next training session. Please give her your respect.” A Veilspun with shimmering platinum locks and glowing lime eyes stood up, a scroll in her hand. Her arms were shaking a bit, causing the scroll to unfurl even before she laid it out. Faerie was really nervous about the plan she had stayed up all night trying to perfect. This was her first mission, and she really wanted to impress Anessia and the rest of her team. They were legends within the clan, and everyone knew of the heroic deeds they had committed in the name of the Gloom. “Now,” her voice was shaking too, but she cleared her throat and tried to calm her nerves. “I was thinking we could try something different. I’ve come up with some new ambush positions that I think could be really effective on the battlefield.” She pointed to the X’s she had labelled with the team’s names. “I’ve taken each of your strengths into account and positioned you in a way that should allow you to get the edge up on the enemy.” “How do you know it’ll work?” Contagion asked skeptically, leaning over to get a better look at his portion of her plans. He smirked when he saw that she had placed him in front of an enemy for her second plan. “You won’t get a head start that way. It’s all wrong.” Faerie felt her nerves coming back, but she tried to stay calm. “The point of this position isn’t to get a leg-up on the enemy. See?” She pointed to the second frame, where Contagion was supposed to swerve and approach the enemy from the side. “It’s to trick them into thinking you’re coming from the front, when in reality you’re going to strike sideways.” “Still,” Contagion looked confused, and Faerie wanted to let out a sigh. “Wouldn’t that just throw you off balance?” “I’ve accounted for that already. When you make your turn, you need to make sure to apply equal weight on all of your legs. Don’t lean into your left side too much, and you should be okay.” she explained as patiently as she could. “If you do fall, you can always retreat and regroup.” “I guess that’s fair.” Contagion leaned back into his spot and away from the map. “That sounds wonderful, Faerie.” said the Pearlcatcher who was sitting in the back of the room. “I have to agree with Legend.” Anessia said, smiling at Faerie. “I can’t wait to try these out during training tomorrow. Do you have any other plans that you’ve been working on?” Faerie felt her face stretch into a smile before she could stop it. “I have more at my lair, but I didn’t bring them with me. Sorry about that.” “That’s perfectly fine.” Anessia said. “Why don’t you bring them by tomorrow after training and the two of us can take a look?” “You mean, you want me to come back?” The words came flying out of Faerie’s mouth, and she covered her face in embarrassment. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.” Anessia laughed, a warm and melodic sound. “Of course we want you to come back. These plans are wonderful.” She held up the scroll containing Faerie’s hard work. “I can’t wait to see what else you’ve come up with.” She stood up. “I think that about wraps up today’s meeting. See you tomorrow at training, everyone.” “Thank you so much.” Faerie stood up, shaking Anessia’s hand and smiling at the rest of the warriors. “I’m so excited to work with all of you.” “Your plans are really nice and detail-oriented. I’m excited to see how they play out on the battlefield.” Myrennia said. “I have to agree with Myrennia.” Sesshomaru smirked slightly. “They’re just exquisite.” “That means a lot, thank you.” Faerie turned to walk out the door. “See you tomorrow at training!” After Faerie had left, Anessia turned to Legend with Faerie’s battle plans in her hand. “I have a feeling that we’ve just found our new secret weapon.” “I think so, too.” Legend smiled knowingly, and the two walked out the door. ------------------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64036924][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/640370/64036924_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
~Faerie's Plan~
~Written by winterchime

“Everyone, please.” Anessia sighed and rested her elbow on the circular table in front of her. “I need you to focus on the mission ahead.”

“I’m trying to, believe me.” Contagion muttered, tapping his claws against the wood. “You know I love a good kill as much as anyone. But, Sesshomaru’s bothering me too much to focus.”

“Stop being difficult, Contagion.” Sesshomaru said in his usual cool tone. “We all know you’re just trying to get Anessia’s attention. It’s getting rather frustrating.”

Contagion flushed a bright scarlet on top of his vermillion skin. “What did you just say to me?”

Sesshomaru looked unfazed. “I said to stop mooning over Anessia already. It’s getting old.”

The Mirror flushed scarlet over his already vermillion skin. “Do you have any idea of the things I’ve done? The villages I’ve pliffered, the dragons I’ve killed? You’ll be sorry-”

“Listen to Anessia, dimwits.” Myrennia bellowed over the Mirror, slamming her hand on the table. “She didn’t call this meeting to listen to you two bicker.”

“Thank you, Myrennia.” Anessia gave her a small smile, and Myrennia nodded in response. “Now, onto the mission. Faerie has a new strategy she wants us to try for our next training session. Please give her your respect.”

A Veilspun with shimmering platinum locks and glowing lime eyes stood up, a scroll in her hand. Her arms were shaking a bit, causing the scroll to unfurl even before she laid it out. Faerie was really nervous about the plan she had stayed up all night trying to perfect. This was her first mission, and she really wanted to impress Anessia and the rest of her team. They were legends within the clan, and everyone knew of the heroic deeds they had committed in the name of the Gloom.

“Now,” her voice was shaking too, but she cleared her throat and tried to calm her nerves. “I was thinking we could try something different. I’ve come up with some new ambush positions that I think could be really effective on the battlefield.” She pointed to the X’s she had labelled with the team’s names. “I’ve taken each of your strengths into account and positioned you in a way that should allow you to get the edge up on the enemy.”

“How do you know it’ll work?” Contagion asked skeptically, leaning over to get a better look at his portion of her plans. He smirked when he saw that she had placed him in front of an enemy for her second plan. “You won’t get a head start that way. It’s all wrong.”

Faerie felt her nerves coming back, but she tried to stay calm. “The point of this position isn’t to get a leg-up on the enemy. See?” She pointed to the second frame, where Contagion was supposed to swerve and approach the enemy from the side. “It’s to trick them into thinking you’re coming from the front, when in reality you’re going to strike sideways.”

“Still,” Contagion looked confused, and Faerie wanted to let out a sigh. “Wouldn’t that just throw you off balance?”

“I’ve accounted for that already. When you make your turn, you need to make sure to apply equal weight on all of your legs. Don’t lean into your left side too much, and you should be okay.” she explained as patiently as she could. “If you do fall, you can always retreat and regroup.”

“I guess that’s fair.” Contagion leaned back into his spot and away from the map.

“That sounds wonderful, Faerie.” said the Pearlcatcher who was sitting in the back of the room.

“I have to agree with Legend.” Anessia said, smiling at Faerie. “I can’t wait to try these out during training tomorrow. Do you have any other plans that you’ve been working on?”

Faerie felt her face stretch into a smile before she could stop it. “I have more at my lair, but I didn’t bring them with me. Sorry about that.”

“That’s perfectly fine.” Anessia said. “Why don’t you bring them by tomorrow after training and the two of us can take a look?”

“You mean, you want me to come back?” The words came flying out of Faerie’s mouth, and she covered her face in embarrassment. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.”

Anessia laughed, a warm and melodic sound. “Of course we want you to come back. These plans are wonderful.” She held up the scroll containing Faerie’s hard work. “I can’t wait to see what else you’ve come up with.” She stood up. “I think that about wraps up today’s meeting. See you tomorrow at training, everyone.”

“Thank you so much.” Faerie stood up, shaking Anessia’s hand and smiling at the rest of the warriors. “I’m so excited to work with all of you.”

“Your plans are really nice and detail-oriented. I’m excited to see how they play out on the battlefield.” Myrennia said.

“I have to agree with Myrennia.” Sesshomaru smirked slightly. “They’re just exquisite.”

“That means a lot, thank you.” Faerie turned to walk out the door. “See you tomorrow at training!”

After Faerie had left, Anessia turned to Legend with Faerie’s battle plans in her hand. “I have a feeling that we’ve just found our new secret weapon.”

“I think so, too.” Legend smiled knowingly, and the two walked out the door.

64036924_350.png

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Where The Current Takes Me~[/b][/center] [center]-Written by blackberrytart[/center] Foxfire's early days were spent under the shade of a thick forest of brambles, hidden safely away in a hollow carved out by ancient claws. It was a large clan, one of the larger ones in the region. As a child he was popular among his peers and enjoyed all manner of arts and stories. He grew rather fond of papercrafts in particular, folding hundreds of origami ships and sending them down the nearby river. It delighted and annoyed the adults in the clan, who would frequently find the letter they had set aside to deliver had been squirreled away to fold into a boat. His fellow hatchlings loved the little ships, and it became a sort of tradition to race them on the river each summer. When it was done they would all be sent away to an unknown fate. Clusters of tiny dragons crowded on the banks, craning their necks to watch the boats for as far as they could see. [i]Dance, little ships Sail away, sail away Let your proud stern stand And your paper ships sway[/i] This was the song they sang as they vanished into the tangle of brambles. [i]Till the morning gray, Sail away, sail away And the bright orange dusk May you dance all day[/i] But enough of bright little hatchlings and paper ships. As we all do someday, Foxfire eventually grew up and lost interest in the paper boats. He still sent them down the river each summer but some of the magic was lost, knowing that a few hours later they would be sunk. He had no more time for stealing paper and singing songs. He was far too preoccupied with the normal duties of life. Learning to hunt and fight and farm, and sitting with the clan every night to talk about mundane things. He excelled at all kinds of combat and devoted himself to protecting his people. The young female dragons all gossiped about being his mate someday. He should have been happy. But his dreams were plagued with the little boats and the deep, dark, river. At last he would not take it anymore. In the dead of night he began, secretly, to build himself a boat. It was made of thin strips of wood bound with soft bramble fibers. To his credit, it was expertly crafted. In the day he hid it under a boulder. It took a long while, but at last it was finished. He boarded it and slid silently down the river. He was expecting to brave raging rapids and monsters like the ones he had heard about in stories. He was surprised, then, when the river was smooth and calm for nearly ten days. He saw no signs of life but the same dark brambles. It was actually quite boring. Let us turn back towards the clan for a moment. He had told no one of his plan, not even a note left behind. There was no reason to assume anything but the worst. Foxfire was dead. On the end of the tenth day the brambles at last opened up. He gazed in awe at the endless night sky and the stars reflected in the open water. He bobbed gently along until the bramble hollow, home, was all but a dark shape on the horizon. He was scared to move or make a sound, lest he disturb the quiet peace of this strange place. [i]Dance, little ships Sail away, sail away Let your proud stern stand And your paper ships sway[/i] At first he thought he was dreaming. But the song slowly swelled until it filled his ears. That was when the ships came. The hundreds, maybe thousands, of paper boats that were sent down the river over the years. They marched steadily onward as Foxfire’s caught up to them. They spread out all around him. Far ahead, he could see the first crude boats he had sent out all those years ago leading the pack. [i]Till the morning gray, Sail away, sail away And the bright orange dusk May you dance all day[/i] As the shock ebbed away, Foxfire began to panic. What was he to do now? There was no land in sight, nothing but open ocean. He had found what he came to find. Now he wanted only to go home. He looked around for something, anything, any landmark he could go towards. But there was nothing, nowhere to go but on. So that’s what he did. He waited a long time with the parade of ships. He had almost given up hope. He thought for sure he had died and gone to some endless purgatory where he would spend the rest of time. Finally, [i]finally[/i]- something appeared over the horizon. When he stepped out onto land at last he felt as if he had waited a hundred years. He felt older, stronger, and ready to start a new life. This place was eerily similar to the place he had left. Same dark brambles, same night sky. He walked on until he heard the sounds of battle. Foxfire was so overjoyed to hear something other than the same song he charged on ahead. It was a group of dragons battling some sort of beast. The thing reared up, ready to trample them, but Foxfire was quick. Filled with adrenaline, he somehow managed to flip it onto its back and dispatch it with a swift stab. The dragons he had met welcomed him happily. They listened to his strange story and determined it was fate that had let them together. He became something of a legend among them as the dragon who had travelled across the ocean to save them. He never attempted to stop them; in fact, he believed it a little himself. ------------ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42299787][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/422998/42299787_350.png[/img][/url]
~Where The Current Takes Me~
-Written by blackberrytart

Foxfire's early days were spent under the shade of a thick forest of brambles, hidden safely away in a hollow carved out by ancient claws. It was a large clan, one of the larger ones in the region. As a child he was popular among his peers and enjoyed all manner of arts and stories. He grew rather fond of papercrafts in particular, folding hundreds of origami ships and sending them down the nearby river. It delighted and annoyed the adults in the clan, who would frequently find the letter they had set aside to deliver had been squirreled away to fold into a boat. His fellow hatchlings loved the little ships, and it became a sort of tradition to race them on the river each summer. When it was done they would all be sent away to an unknown fate. Clusters of tiny dragons crowded on the banks, craning their necks to watch the boats for as far as they could see.

Dance, little ships
Sail away, sail away
Let your proud stern stand
And your paper ships sway

This was the song they sang as they vanished into the tangle of brambles.

Till the morning gray,
Sail away, sail away
And the bright orange dusk
May you dance all day

But enough of bright little hatchlings and paper ships. As we all do someday, Foxfire eventually grew up and lost interest in the paper boats. He still sent them down the river each summer but some of the magic was lost, knowing that a few hours later they would be sunk. He had no more time for stealing paper and singing songs. He was far too preoccupied with the normal duties of life. Learning to hunt and fight and farm, and sitting with the clan every night to talk about mundane things. He excelled at all kinds of combat and devoted himself to protecting his people. The young female dragons all gossiped about being his mate someday. He should have been happy. But his dreams were plagued with the little boats and the deep, dark, river.

At last he would not take it anymore. In the dead of night he began, secretly, to build himself a boat. It was made of thin strips of wood bound with soft bramble fibers. To his credit, it was expertly crafted. In the day he hid it under a boulder. It took a long while, but at last it was finished. He boarded it and slid silently down the river.

He was expecting to brave raging rapids and monsters like the ones he had heard about in stories. He was surprised, then, when the river was smooth and calm for nearly ten days. He saw no signs of life but the same dark brambles. It was actually quite boring.

Let us turn back towards the clan for a moment. He had told no one of his plan, not even a note left behind. There was no reason to assume anything but the worst. Foxfire was dead.

On the end of the tenth day the brambles at last opened up. He gazed in awe at the endless night sky and the stars reflected in the open water. He bobbed gently along until the bramble hollow, home, was all but a dark shape on the horizon. He was scared to move or make a sound, lest he disturb the quiet peace of this strange place.

Dance, little ships
Sail away, sail away
Let your proud stern stand
And your paper ships sway

At first he thought he was dreaming. But the song slowly swelled until it filled his ears. That was when the ships came. The hundreds, maybe thousands, of paper boats that were sent down the river over the years. They marched steadily onward as Foxfire’s caught up to them. They spread out all around him. Far ahead, he could see the first crude boats he had sent out all those years ago leading the pack.

Till the morning gray,
Sail away, sail away
And the bright orange dusk
May you dance all day

As the shock ebbed away, Foxfire began to panic. What was he to do now? There was no land in sight, nothing but open ocean. He had found what he came to find. Now he wanted only to go home. He looked around for something, anything, any landmark he could go towards. But there was nothing, nowhere to go but on. So that’s what he did.

He waited a long time with the parade of ships. He had almost given up hope. He thought for sure he had died and gone to some endless purgatory where he would spend the rest of time. Finally, finally- something appeared over the horizon.

When he stepped out onto land at last he felt as if he had waited a hundred years. He felt older, stronger, and ready to start a new life.

This place was eerily similar to the place he had left. Same dark brambles, same night sky. He walked on until he heard the sounds of battle. Foxfire was so overjoyed to hear something other than the same song he charged on ahead.

It was a group of dragons battling some sort of beast. The thing reared up, ready to trample them, but Foxfire was quick. Filled with adrenaline, he somehow managed to flip it onto its back and dispatch it with a swift stab.

The dragons he had met welcomed him happily. They listened to his strange story and determined it was fate that had let them together. He became something of a legend among them as the dragon who had travelled across the ocean to save them. He never attempted to stop them; in fact, he believed it a little himself.

42299787_350.png

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~To Be Queen~[/b][/center] [center]- Written by fyi[/center] She doesn't deserve this. Thistledown knows, knows with an absolute certainty that cannot be shaken. A certainty born from the searching glares that watch, now, never leave her. Doubting dragons wondering why it's her being chosen, what's so special about her (and she can't even fault them, because why was she chosen?) This she knows with the heavy weight in her chest, the suffocating chokehold of responsibility strangling her breath away, that she can't seem to shake - that she won't be able to, now, because she's clan leader. She's going to be clan leader. And she lifts her head and fights the omni-present insecurity creeping in, strangling her with whispers of is this right? is this proper? what must my clan be thinking of me? and smiles, regal and royal but young, so young, and god, she's going to mess up. It's not even a question, it's just fact - what was Iris thinking?! She trusts her clan lea - her former clan leader, but - is this really a good choice? Is she really the right choice? She doesn't know. She doesn't know, she doesn't know she doesn't know! See, this is why she shouldn't be leader! She can barely get her own thoughts straight, how is she going to keep track of a whole clan? "Come forth, Thistledown," Iris commands, and dutifully (despite the panic she's trying to wrangle down) Thistledown moves forward from the crowd, suddenly incredibly aware of every eye, every heated gaze boring into her back, making her scales prickle and her shoulders hunch. She can't quite help the indecisive flutter of her wings, the momentary hesitation that steals over her and leaves her floundering as to whether or not she should continue to go forward and just - just accept all this - but then, now that she thinks back... had Iris been grooming her for this for a very long time? Back when she'd first joined the clan, had toddled into the leader's den by accident and looked up at Iris with wide, curious eyes - had Iris seen some sort of potential in her? Some sort of rare courage, that she'd thought was worth fostering? Had she been trying to prepare Thistledown for the position of leader, all this time, when teaching her how to count without using her claws, keep track of faces, to settle disputes and win arguments and look cool and professional no matter what you were feeling inside? "Thistledown," Iris repeats, jolting her from her thoughts, and furiously fighting the flush in her cheeks Thistle bounded forward, up the gilded steps paved with gleaming jewels and royal finery - finery she doesn't deserve - and pausing before the former clan leader, hesitating only a moment before sweeping into a low bow, ducking her head and shutting her eyes against all the stares on her. "I am honored to be receiving this title, Queen Iris," she says, calm and cool and perfect, and it isn't even a lie. She kind of wishes it were, though. Life would be much easier for her, if that were the case. - "Congratulations!" Legend says, eyes bright with delight as the elder approaches, dropping into an exaggeratedly low bow before sweeping up and grinning at her with yellow, crooked teeth. "Ey, Thistledown - er, Queen Thistle! Really, good job, this must be such great news for you! I bet it was a bit of a surprise, huh?" "Yeah," Thistle manages, mind still spinning from the sudden outpouring of support. The crown Iris had lifted upon her head, heavy and weighing her down, wasn't helping. "A surprise." And then - "Don't worry, Thistle," says a deceptively youthful voice, and Thistle glances down wide-eyed as Shadow, the clan's representative in many political affairs and often ambassador, struts out of the darkness and bows as well - though his is admittedly far less theatrical. "I trust in you my faith, young Queen." Thistle binks, suddenly aware of a burning in her eyes that isn't from shame. An impossibly warm feeling swells in her throat, something like maybe i can do this after all, maybe it'll be okay, maybe maybe maybe- "I-" "Queen Thistle!" booms a voice from behind her, and Thistle whirls around to see Storm, Iris' mate (and whom many considered to be second-in-command), approaching her at a sedated pace. He stops beside her - before dropping unexpectedly into a bow as well. This time, Thistle couldn't help the almost-sob of laughter that tore free from her throat, reaching up to paw at her muzzle in a futile attempt to hide the grateful tears budding there. The crown doesn't seem to feel so heavy anymore. "I-" "Walk with me," Storm offers, a gentle invitation, and the next thing Thistle knows they're walking through woods lit by fluorescent blue fungi together, chirping crickets in the background, and she almost feels at peace for the first time this morning. "So," he says, "Queen, huh?" She blinks, and then - she throws back her head and laugh-snorts, reaches up to dab at her eyes - and then, suddenly, the words are spilling out of her and they won't stop, because - "I don't deserve this," she blurts, unable to stop the sudden confession spilling out of her, "I shouldn't - I can't be leader, this is t-too m-much, I d-don't know how to lead a c-clan, I'm not - I d-don't - I can't - I can't!-" A tentative wing rests upon her shoulder, jerking her out of her blubbering, and Thistle furiously tries to wipe away the tears that just keep coming. "I - I'm sorry," she whispers, because a leader wouldn't be breaking down. "Don't be," Storm says seriously, and then unexpectedly, pulls her into a hug. Thistle tenses up at first, but then relaxes into the touch, and shuts her eyes and just tries to breathe, one-two-three-four-five, just like Iris taught her back when there was no weight, no responsibility, just her. Just Thistledown, young and dumb and naive, and she's still all of those things now but she'd like to think - she's getting better, now. She'll get better. "You know," Storm begins, and Thistle is familiar with this, she's been on the receiving end of Storm's long-winded stories innumerable amounts of times, but she settles down anyways. "When Iris first saw you, she knew you were the one. Her successor. You were young, you were modest, you were eager. You were a sprig of freshness in her life - fresh ideas, fresh attitude, fresh perspective. And more importantly, you were willing to learn. You had a knack for resolving arguments, talking dragons down. You were patient and calm and even if you were nervous, you learned how to balance it out. And she couldn't be prouder of you for that." Thistle scrubbed at her eyes, ears going flat against her skull in hot embarrassment. "I didn't, though," she mumbled. "You did," he corrected gently. "You are an amazing dragon, Thistledown, whether you realize it or not. And others have already seen that, too." "Am I - am I really?" Thistle feels so embarrassed like this, crying into the shoulder of an elder when she should be out there like a real Queen, taking on her problems with courage and calm, but - "I just - I just don't think that I can do this." "That's okay," Storm said, smile warm and eyes brilliant, and suddenly Thistle feels more sure than she has in a long time, "You just have to try." ------------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35042833][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/350429/35042833_350.png[/img][/url]
~To Be Queen~
- Written by fyi

She doesn't deserve this.

Thistledown knows, knows with an absolute certainty that cannot be shaken. A certainty born from the searching glares that watch, now, never leave her. Doubting dragons wondering why it's her being chosen, what's so special about her (and she can't even fault them, because why was she chosen?) This she knows with the heavy weight in her chest, the suffocating chokehold of responsibility strangling her breath away, that she can't seem to shake - that she won't be able to, now, because she's clan leader. She's going to be clan leader.

And she lifts her head and fights the omni-present insecurity creeping in, strangling her with whispers of is this right? is this proper? what must my clan be thinking of me? and smiles, regal and royal but young, so young, and god, she's going to mess up. It's not even a question, it's just fact - what was Iris thinking?! She trusts her clan lea - her former clan leader, but - is this really a good choice? Is she really the right choice?

She doesn't know. She doesn't know, she doesn't know she doesn't know! See, this is why she shouldn't be leader! She can barely get her own thoughts straight, how is she going to keep track of a whole clan?

"Come forth, Thistledown," Iris commands, and dutifully (despite the panic she's trying to wrangle down) Thistledown moves forward from the crowd, suddenly incredibly aware of every eye, every heated gaze boring into her back, making her scales prickle and her shoulders hunch. She can't quite help the indecisive flutter of her wings, the momentary hesitation that steals over her and leaves her floundering as to whether or not she should continue to go forward and just - just accept all this - but then, now that she thinks back... had Iris been grooming her for this for a very long time? Back when she'd first joined the clan, had toddled into the leader's den by accident and looked up at Iris with wide, curious eyes - had Iris seen some sort of potential in her? Some sort of rare courage, that she'd thought was worth fostering? Had she been trying to prepare Thistledown for the position of leader, all this time, when teaching her how to count without using her claws, keep track of faces, to settle disputes and win arguments and look cool and professional no matter what you were feeling inside?

"Thistledown," Iris repeats, jolting her from her thoughts, and furiously fighting the flush in her cheeks Thistle bounded forward, up the gilded steps paved with gleaming jewels and royal finery - finery she doesn't deserve - and pausing before the former clan leader, hesitating only a moment before sweeping into a low bow, ducking her head and shutting her eyes against all the stares on her.

"I am honored to be receiving this title, Queen Iris," she says, calm and cool and perfect, and it isn't even a lie.

She kind of wishes it were, though. Life would be much easier for her, if that were the case.

-

"Congratulations!" Legend says, eyes bright with delight as the elder approaches, dropping into an exaggeratedly low bow before sweeping up and grinning at her with yellow, crooked teeth. "Ey, Thistledown - er, Queen Thistle! Really, good job, this must be such great news for you! I bet it was a bit of a surprise, huh?"

"Yeah," Thistle manages, mind still spinning from the sudden outpouring of support. The crown Iris had lifted upon her head, heavy and weighing her down, wasn't helping. "A surprise."

And then - "Don't worry, Thistle," says a deceptively youthful voice, and Thistle glances down wide-eyed as Shadow, the clan's representative in many political affairs and often ambassador, struts out of the darkness and bows as well - though his is admittedly far less theatrical. "I trust in you my faith, young Queen."

Thistle binks, suddenly aware of a burning in her eyes that isn't from shame. An impossibly warm feeling swells in her throat, something like maybe i can do this after all, maybe it'll be okay, maybe maybe maybe- "I-"

"Queen Thistle!" booms a voice from behind her, and Thistle whirls around to see Storm, Iris' mate (and whom many considered to be second-in-command), approaching her at a sedated pace. He stops beside her - before dropping unexpectedly into a bow as well.

This time, Thistle couldn't help the almost-sob of laughter that tore free from her throat, reaching up to paw at her muzzle in a futile attempt to hide the grateful tears budding there. The crown doesn't seem to feel so heavy anymore. "I-"

"Walk with me," Storm offers, a gentle invitation, and the next thing Thistle knows they're walking through woods lit by fluorescent blue fungi together, chirping crickets in the background, and she almost feels at peace for the first time this morning.

"So," he says, "Queen, huh?"

She blinks, and then - she throws back her head and laugh-snorts, reaches up to dab at her eyes - and then, suddenly, the words are spilling out of her and they won't stop, because - "I don't deserve this," she blurts, unable to stop the sudden confession spilling out of her, "I shouldn't - I can't be leader, this is t-too m-much, I d-don't know how to lead a c-clan, I'm not - I d-don't - I can't - I can't!-"

A tentative wing rests upon her shoulder, jerking her out of her blubbering, and Thistle furiously tries to wipe away the tears that just keep coming. "I - I'm sorry," she whispers, because a leader wouldn't be breaking down.

"Don't be," Storm says seriously, and then unexpectedly, pulls her into a hug. Thistle tenses up at first, but then relaxes into the touch, and shuts her eyes and just tries to breathe, one-two-three-four-five, just like Iris taught her back when there was no weight, no responsibility, just her. Just Thistledown, young and dumb and naive, and she's still all of those things now but she'd like to think - she's getting better, now. She'll get better.

"You know," Storm begins, and Thistle is familiar with this, she's been on the receiving end of Storm's long-winded stories innumerable amounts of times, but she settles down anyways. "When Iris first saw you, she knew you were the one. Her successor. You were young, you were modest, you were eager. You were a sprig of freshness in her life - fresh ideas, fresh attitude, fresh perspective. And more importantly, you were willing to learn. You had a knack for resolving arguments, talking dragons down. You were patient and calm and even if you were nervous, you learned how to balance it out. And she couldn't be prouder of you for that."

Thistle scrubbed at her eyes, ears going flat against her skull in hot embarrassment. "I didn't, though," she mumbled.

"You did," he corrected gently. "You are an amazing dragon, Thistledown, whether you realize it or not. And others have already seen that, too."

"Am I - am I really?" Thistle feels so embarrassed like this, crying into the shoulder of an elder when she should be out there like a real Queen, taking on her problems with courage and calm, but - "I just - I just don't think that I can do this."

"That's okay," Storm said, smile warm and eyes brilliant, and suddenly Thistle feels more sure than she has in a long time, "You just have to try."

35042833_350.png

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Foxfire's Worries~[/b][/center] [center]-Written by ShotaTheWitch[/center] "Foxfire, I could use a little help over here!" shouted Arian as he battled a Pupowl. The blue and red Veil dashed around and used his dazzling mane to confuse the monster while he waited for back up. "Give me a second, will ya?!" Foxfire yelled back as he fought off another terrible Eldritch being. The eery glow of the Forbidden Portal gleamed all around them and made it all the more difficult to combat these terrible monstrosities. "I've got you!" exclaimed Faerie, her star-laden wings beating furiously as she leapt into the fray to protect her mate and dear friend. While Arian kept the monster bewitched, Faerie attacked. "About time you did something around here," joked Foxfire with a smile as he finished off his enemy and turned to destroy the last creature. "Let's get out of here and head home. I think we've done enough for today." "Aaaawww, come on. Just a few more? It can be so boring back at the Bramble." whined Arian. "No, he has a good point, dearest. We've done more than enough today." Faerie said over her shoulder as she had already started to fly away, her mane glittering and flowing behind her. "Hey! Wait up!" Arian charged after her. Back at the Bramble, Foxfire breathed a sigh of relief. He loved to defend his clan and knew he was a capable warrior, but that didn't mean he didn't worry everytime he left. What if something happened while he wasn't here to defend them? What if something happened to the dragons on his time even while he was there? Although he knew he shouldn't worry and should put his trust in Thistledown as the new clan leader, that didn't erase his anxiety. The clan meant everything to him. "Well, it's a good thing I'm here to defend them. No one will ever beat me," he whispers to himself as he lays among the branches of his home. "Not if I have a say in it." -------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42299787][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/422998/42299787_350.png[/img][/url]
~Foxfire's Worries~
-Written by ShotaTheWitch

"Foxfire, I could use a little help over here!" shouted Arian as he battled a Pupowl. The blue and red Veil dashed around and used his dazzling mane to confuse the monster while he waited for back up.

"Give me a second, will ya?!" Foxfire yelled back as he fought off another terrible Eldritch being. The eery glow of the Forbidden Portal gleamed all around them and made
it all the more difficult to combat these terrible monstrosities.

"I've got you!" exclaimed Faerie, her star-laden wings beating furiously as she leapt into the fray to protect her mate and dear friend. While Arian kept the monster bewitched, Faerie attacked.

"About time you did something around here," joked Foxfire with a smile as he finished off his enemy and turned to destroy the last creature. "Let's get out of here and head home. I
think we've done enough for today."

"Aaaawww, come on. Just a few more? It can be so boring back at the Bramble." whined Arian.

"No, he has a good point, dearest. We've done more than enough today." Faerie said over her shoulder as she had already started to fly away, her mane glittering and flowing behind her.

"Hey! Wait up!" Arian charged after her.

Back at the Bramble, Foxfire breathed a sigh of relief. He loved to defend his clan and knew he was a capable warrior, but that didn't mean he didn't worry everytime he left. What if something happened while he wasn't here to defend them? What if something happened to the dragons on his time even while he was there?

Although he knew he shouldn't worry and should put his trust in Thistledown as the new clan leader, that didn't erase his anxiety. The clan meant everything to him.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm here to defend them. No one will ever beat me," he whispers to himself as he lays among the branches of his home. "Not if I have a say in it."

42299787_350.png

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
[center][b]~Snowy Heart~[/b] -Written by ShotaTheWitch [/center] Whistler hummed to herself as she stroked and hugged the poor Spirit of Ice in front of her. The poor thing was so very far from home, much like herself. Though she now resided in the Foxfire Bramble, her birthplace was far to the south amongst the frozen tundras of the Ice Warden. She had never really fit with the sense of duty over self that was common amongst other Ice dragons and much preferred the unity to be found in the Shadow. As an apprentice Beast Master, she could spend all her free time with the familiars and no one would scoldher! Well, maybe Shade if he found her slacking off, but that was neither here nor there. As if the thought of her mentor might summon him from the very darkness, she sighed and released the little Spirit back to his nest. Whistler fluttered her wings and moved to the next familiar in need of her attention and care. And of course, it would be the wolf thataccompanied Sesshomaru on all of his missions. This drug another sigh from her muzzle at thethought of the gleaming Ice dragon. He was so stoic and beautiful and amazing! Oh, why was it so difficult to talk to him? She had tried so many times to just make the words come out, but every time she looked into those deep blue eyes, she completely lost her train of thought and could do nothing but blush and run away. She had brought it up to Artemis several times, but of course her best friend's advise was always to, "Just do it already!" "Oh, Wolfy. Don't you know that I wish I could tell him how wonderful I find him? That I would do anything to be chosen as his mate?" She crooned to the sweet Wolf in front of her and giggled. "Maybe you could tell him for me? Think that would work?" A knock sounded at the entrance to the stable and standing in the door was none other than tall, bright, and gorgeous himself. Whistler let out a noise that was somewhere between a cry for help and sheer embarrassment. "Oooohh, Sesshomaru. Hi. Didn't see you there. What brings you to the stables?" She managed to stammer out while turning a bright scarlet. Sesshomaru looked her over before pointing at the wolf she still clutched to her chest. "Oh! Of course! Your wolf! Well, here ya go. Just looked him over and he's in perfect condition." Whistler placed the wolf on the floor so it could run over to its master with a joyful bark. Sesshomaru looked down with a smile and turned to leave, his wings tucked gracefully along his back. As he walked through the door, he turned to look over his shoulder and with a grin, "You know you can always come talk to me and I will listen." Whistler didn't think her face could possibly be any redder, "Thank you, Sesshomaru. I'll remember that." ---------- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51911538][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/519116/51911538_350.png[/img][/url]
~Snowy Heart~

-Written by ShotaTheWitch

Whistler hummed to herself as she stroked and hugged the poor Spirit of Ice in front of her. The poor thing was so very far from home, much like herself. Though she now resided in the Foxfire Bramble, her birthplace was far to the south amongst the frozen tundras of the Ice Warden. She had never really fit with the sense of duty over self that was common amongst other Ice dragons and much preferred the unity to be found in the Shadow. As an apprentice Beast Master, she could spend all her free time with the familiars and no one would scoldher! Well, maybe Shade if he found her slacking off, but that was neither here nor there.

As if the thought of her mentor might summon him from the very darkness, she sighed and released the little Spirit back to his nest. Whistler fluttered her wings and moved to the next familiar in need of her attention and care. And of course, it would be the wolf thataccompanied Sesshomaru on all of his missions. This drug another sigh from her muzzle at thethought of the gleaming Ice dragon. He was so stoic and beautiful and amazing! Oh, why was it so difficult to talk to him? She had tried so many times to just make the words come out, but every time she looked into those deep blue eyes, she completely lost her train of thought and could do nothing but blush and run away. She had brought it up to Artemis several times, but of course her best friend's advise was always to, "Just do it already!"

"Oh, Wolfy. Don't you know that I wish I could tell him how wonderful I find him? That I would do anything to be chosen as his mate?" She crooned to the sweet Wolf in front of her and giggled. "Maybe you could tell him for me? Think that would work?"

A knock sounded at the entrance to the stable and standing in the door was none other than tall, bright, and gorgeous himself. Whistler let out a noise that was somewhere between a cry for help and sheer embarrassment.

"Oooohh, Sesshomaru. Hi. Didn't see you there. What brings you to the stables?" She managed to stammer out while turning a bright scarlet.

Sesshomaru looked her over before pointing at the wolf she still clutched to her chest.

"Oh! Of course! Your wolf! Well, here ya go. Just looked him over and he's in perfect condition." Whistler placed the wolf on the floor so it could run over to its master with a joyful bark.

Sesshomaru looked down with a smile and turned to leave, his wings tucked gracefully along his back. As he walked through the door, he turned to look over his shoulder and with a grin, "You know you can always come talk to me and I will listen."

Whistler didn't think her face could possibly be any redder, "Thank you, Sesshomaru. I'll remember that."

51911538_350.png

+9 FR Time

~Been around since 2016~
nnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnn Art Shop

Hope For Newbies

Clan Stories
1 2