Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [WINDDOM] Mistral March • [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47 48
Trying out different styles and functions in my art program, this ended up taking a lot longer than I thought it would. Lighting is probably wrong for the highlights. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ewqKz7v.png[/img][/center]
Trying out different styles and functions in my art program, this ended up taking a lot longer than I thought it would. Lighting is probably wrong for the highlights.
ewqKz7v.png
AQw0PQz.png
[center][img]https://image.ibb.co/k4t3py/fancy-wind-v2.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2825887/1#post_42376961]About & Rules[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2825887/1#post_42376962]Gallery[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2825887/1#post_42376963]Current Prompts and Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2825887/1#post_42376964]Raffle[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17vqW3RQ3EiOVQ_KOrLv8CVg5ojJUv5k-z7YJ7dNGfxU/edit#gid=0]Pinglist[/url][/size][/center] [center][size=1]@Selah @Argante @Pac1fity @PunchingSolas @MythicalViper @MasqD @Taytenn @LavenderAmethyst @ladylilitu @Arinyl @bogbees @Joywing @cloudydawn @BetaOrionis @Mewru @crowvidae @charredh @shinrinyoku @Cerastium @trashsiren @Welgan @TheOtherKirby @Katsuji @TransientDays @Lallie @Shariza @PikaLink @Zephyrwing @Storygeek @MistyGold @sockmonkeygerald @Luciferr @Sinjin @ffloof @Trilonyte @etui @wellykang @Shrapnarl @Kaivyrin @SkyfireArts @Zulaya @Hemmalaya @horocol @Acopytopy @shoydragon @Crystalinastar @Deladria @dd2900 @ProbablyLying @Qumack @Gathouria @Catgoat @napstabl00k @Mirrorlight @mothscale @Ebby172 @Rivertyl @Cates @Lyudmila @reilon @Andraya @Wolfstarblade @toadie @lyricalmyxteries @SterlingStars @Bananyan @GuardianDragonak @Giu @Ske1th @ProdigalSunlight @Marilith @Joule[/size][/center] [columns][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/8d2f2365c3327ab50c180027952d1042/tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo10_250.png[/img][nextcol][center][color=#7EB269][font=sylfaen][size=5]Sornieth is awash with gentle breeze. The brief smell of sweet pollen drifts through and the promise of spring rain lingers. Slivers of clouds mesh into each other, the creaking of long bamboo tilts and sways. The Windsinger rests among the breeze, basking in the chilled air toddling through.[/center][/size][/font][/color][nextcol][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/8d2f2365c3327ab50c180027952d1042/tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo10_250.png[/img][/columns] [img]https://i.ibb.co/wckT01G/wind-dad-small-1.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/JRzkdDH/speech-bubble-bottom.png[/img] [center][color=#7EB269][font=sylfaen][size=5]“How peaceful this morning has been thus far. The birds chirrup, the trees rustle, and the wind...well, sings! Ha, ha! It is enjoyable to watch the clouds, I will never tire of it, no matter how often I sit with my eyes skybound. Do you have any similar things you like to watch? I am always so curious!”[/size][/font][/color][/center] [color=#7EB269][font=sylfaen][size=7]Today’s Prompt:[/size][/font][/color] [center][color=#7EB269][font=sylfaen][size=5][b]Comfort Zone[/b] [b]ART PROMPT[/b]: Draw something that’s usually outside of your comfort zone but add an element of something you like drawing into it! [b]WRITING PROMPT[/b]: What happens if the Deities swapped roles for a week? [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/k4t3py/fancy-wind-v2.png[/img][/center]
fancy-wind-v2.png
tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo10_250.png
Sornieth is awash with gentle breeze. The brief smell of sweet pollen drifts through and the promise of spring rain lingers. Slivers of clouds mesh into each other, the creaking of long bamboo tilts and sways. The Windsinger rests among the breeze, basking in the chilled air toddling through.
tumblr_nti067xMTN1repldoo10_250.png

wind-dad-small-1.png
speech-bubble-bottom.png
“How peaceful this morning has been thus far. The birds chirrup, the trees rustle, and the wind...well, sings! Ha, ha! It is enjoyable to watch the clouds, I will never tire of it, no matter how often I sit with my eyes skybound. Do you have any similar things you like to watch? I am always so curious!”

Today’s Prompt:
Comfort Zone

ART PROMPT: Draw something that’s usually outside of your comfort zone but add an element of something you like drawing into it!
WRITING PROMPT: What happens if the Deities swapped roles for a week?

fancy-wind-v2.png
Rose stared at the Tidelord, coffee mug carefully clutched, then took a steadying breath. "Dad? Have you been practicing polymorphing?"

"... no," the Tidelord said. He carefully looked around, water running off his scales in streams and soaking stacks and stacks of paperwork. Rose ignored this. For her own sake. "Is this. The Observatory?"

"Yup."

"Why am I here?"

A massive shrug. "Guess you're not lost now. But where's the Arcanist?"

A pause, and then, "Uh."

Rose stared at the ceiling. "Great. So now he's lost. Or in charge of prophecy. I hope everyone is really excited to get into horoscopes."

And for a week, the Arcanist was nowhere to found, and seers everywhere were really, really into horoscopes. The Tidelord added three layers of magical encryption to every spellbook, which were now all waterproof.

If we go by their hatchdays, all of the deities are Sagittarius.
Rose stared at the Tidelord, coffee mug carefully clutched, then took a steadying breath. "Dad? Have you been practicing polymorphing?"

"... no," the Tidelord said. He carefully looked around, water running off his scales in streams and soaking stacks and stacks of paperwork. Rose ignored this. For her own sake. "Is this. The Observatory?"

"Yup."

"Why am I here?"

A massive shrug. "Guess you're not lost now. But where's the Arcanist?"

A pause, and then, "Uh."

Rose stared at the ceiling. "Great. So now he's lost. Or in charge of prophecy. I hope everyone is really excited to get into horoscopes."

And for a week, the Arcanist was nowhere to found, and seers everywhere were really, really into horoscopes. The Tidelord added three layers of magical encryption to every spellbook, which were now all waterproof.

If we go by their hatchdays, all of the deities are Sagittarius.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
Kremini came running into the office, holding a patent and a folder in the air. "Boss, I finally got those files you asked for, and my clan managed to design a new type of speeder-" He froze.

"You're... you're not Boss..."

The Windsinger turned around in the swivel chair that the Stormcatcher usually sat in. He waved. Continued to spin in the chair.

Kremini dropped the papers on the desk and started backing away. "I have to make a few calls," he squeaked, and fled the room.

The members of the lightning flight carried on with their work as always. They knew what they had to do and they knew that Boss would have their heads if they slacked off.

And as for wind?

The good news was that airship efficiency was up by 120 percent. The bad news was that many dragons fled the Windswept Plateau out of fear of the Stormcatcher. After the deities switched back, it took weeks before those that left returned.
Kremini came running into the office, holding a patent and a folder in the air. "Boss, I finally got those files you asked for, and my clan managed to design a new type of speeder-" He froze.

"You're... you're not Boss..."

The Windsinger turned around in the swivel chair that the Stormcatcher usually sat in. He waved. Continued to spin in the chair.

Kremini dropped the papers on the desk and started backing away. "I have to make a few calls," he squeaked, and fled the room.

The members of the lightning flight carried on with their work as always. They knew what they had to do and they knew that Boss would have their heads if they slacked off.

And as for wind?

The good news was that airship efficiency was up by 120 percent. The bad news was that many dragons fled the Windswept Plateau out of fear of the Stormcatcher. After the deities switched back, it took weeks before those that left returned.
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
Though I love dragons drawing them is out of my comfort zone, so I decided to try drawing a proper bust. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fnoAcbY.png[/img] Oh geez, the horns seem too small now that I look at it x.x
Though I love dragons drawing them is out of my comfort zone, so I decided to try drawing a proper bust.

fnoAcbY.png

Oh geez, the horns seem too small now that I look at it x.x
LOaFpRt.png
Ooh, this is a fun prompt! Tired, but looking forward to reading what everyone comes up with! :D

A 'Regular' Work Week

The bone-adorned deity narrowed her eyes. Greenery, in her presence. Though she hissed at the blooming flora and vibrant fauna, she was not permitted to purge it. No, she had to tolerate it, make it ‘flourish’ across the land. She spat at the life created by her sister’s claws. At least she merely had to endure for a week.

She carefully surveyed the flowers and trees. Despite herself, she had to admit that her sister had tended her petty gardens well. They were robust, and full of vitality. For their outward weakness, they held great inner strength. They were built to survive.

The Plaguebringer smiled. Perhaps she could make a few… ‘modifications’.

“WHERE ARE THE WORK REPORTS?! THERE WILL BE NO SLACKING HERE!” The Pearlcatcher librarian’s ears rang from the thunderous voice. He grumbled under his breath as he headed to the office. What sort of inconsiderate ignoramus would destroy the sanctity of the library? He huffed, throwing the door open, glaring at its inhabitant.

As he saw the Stormcatcher sitting there, all of his haughty air immediately deflated. The lightning deity looked directly in his new subordinate’s eyes as he rose from his seat.

“YOUR STORAGE METHODS ARE INEFFICIENT! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE. WE WILL CORRECT THIS, UNDERSTAND?”

The Pearlcatcher could only gulp down his dread.

“I DIDN’T HEAR A ‘YES, BOSS’!”

“...Yes, boss, we will await your directions.”

“Should we tell him to stop spinning? We do need to get the forge going.”

The two Coatls looked at each other, then back at the green, serpentine deity playing in the skies above the forge. He didn’t even seem to notice that anything was wrong, humming a catchy tune as he danced in the smoky air. Occasionally he’d drop down, flicking a smith’s nose before resuming his jaunt.

“..,Nah, let him. The Smiths could use a little fun for once.”

The Arcanist moved to crawl out of the painted stone cave, only to be stopped by a small battalion of Earth dragons. Some appeared concerned, others irritated. The armed ones fanned out around, before the leader, a bespectacled Snapper, stepped forward.

“While you’re here, we need to talk. Consider this an… introductory seminar of sorts.” The snapper sat down, and pulled out a tome as thick as her head. She cleared her throat, and began to speak.

“The traditions of the Earth Flight are very intricate, and date back to the rituals of creation practiced in the first Age…”

The Arcanist balanced on the hard rocks, his multiple limbs impatiently fidgeting around. The Snapper droned on and on, about multiple cultural traditions, practices and observances. He would normally be intrigued by such information, but her delivery was just. So. BORING.

If this was torture as revenge for letting the Shade loose, it was working.

The Deities did return to their original roles, after the week, but the damage had been done. The Viridian Labyrinth was considerably more...spiky. The lightning factories of the Expanse were set back a month due to somebody thinking it was funny to abscond with the materials. The Lightweaver couldn’t use the newfangled ‘information pads’, and leadership in the Light flight was stalled as a result.

At the very least, the Water flight got a deity back. Too bad they couldn’t pull his rocky hide from the bottom of the ocean.
Ooh, this is a fun prompt! Tired, but looking forward to reading what everyone comes up with! :D

A 'Regular' Work Week

The bone-adorned deity narrowed her eyes. Greenery, in her presence. Though she hissed at the blooming flora and vibrant fauna, she was not permitted to purge it. No, she had to tolerate it, make it ‘flourish’ across the land. She spat at the life created by her sister’s claws. At least she merely had to endure for a week.

She carefully surveyed the flowers and trees. Despite herself, she had to admit that her sister had tended her petty gardens well. They were robust, and full of vitality. For their outward weakness, they held great inner strength. They were built to survive.

The Plaguebringer smiled. Perhaps she could make a few… ‘modifications’.

“WHERE ARE THE WORK REPORTS?! THERE WILL BE NO SLACKING HERE!” The Pearlcatcher librarian’s ears rang from the thunderous voice. He grumbled under his breath as he headed to the office. What sort of inconsiderate ignoramus would destroy the sanctity of the library? He huffed, throwing the door open, glaring at its inhabitant.

As he saw the Stormcatcher sitting there, all of his haughty air immediately deflated. The lightning deity looked directly in his new subordinate’s eyes as he rose from his seat.

“YOUR STORAGE METHODS ARE INEFFICIENT! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE. WE WILL CORRECT THIS, UNDERSTAND?”

The Pearlcatcher could only gulp down his dread.

“I DIDN’T HEAR A ‘YES, BOSS’!”

“...Yes, boss, we will await your directions.”

“Should we tell him to stop spinning? We do need to get the forge going.”

The two Coatls looked at each other, then back at the green, serpentine deity playing in the skies above the forge. He didn’t even seem to notice that anything was wrong, humming a catchy tune as he danced in the smoky air. Occasionally he’d drop down, flicking a smith’s nose before resuming his jaunt.

“..,Nah, let him. The Smiths could use a little fun for once.”

The Arcanist moved to crawl out of the painted stone cave, only to be stopped by a small battalion of Earth dragons. Some appeared concerned, others irritated. The armed ones fanned out around, before the leader, a bespectacled Snapper, stepped forward.

“While you’re here, we need to talk. Consider this an… introductory seminar of sorts.” The snapper sat down, and pulled out a tome as thick as her head. She cleared her throat, and began to speak.

“The traditions of the Earth Flight are very intricate, and date back to the rituals of creation practiced in the first Age…”

The Arcanist balanced on the hard rocks, his multiple limbs impatiently fidgeting around. The Snapper droned on and on, about multiple cultural traditions, practices and observances. He would normally be intrigued by such information, but her delivery was just. So. BORING.

If this was torture as revenge for letting the Shade loose, it was working.

The Deities did return to their original roles, after the week, but the damage had been done. The Viridian Labyrinth was considerably more...spiky. The lightning factories of the Expanse were set back a month due to somebody thinking it was funny to abscond with the materials. The Lightweaver couldn’t use the newfangled ‘information pads’, and leadership in the Light flight was stalled as a result.

At the very least, the Water flight got a deity back. Too bad they couldn’t pull his rocky hide from the bottom of the ocean.
Jacqueline525SpaceOrchid.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/414961656419057664/689894612407812137/image0.jpg[/img] Here's my submission for the day, haven't really been that active on FR but thought I'd drop by when I saw the prompt on the discord channel. Trees are usually out of my comfort zone but uh, I think the trees came out better than the deer and the moon ahaha.
image0.jpg

Here's my submission for the day, haven't really been that active on FR but thought I'd drop by when I saw the prompt on the discord channel.

Trees are usually out of my comfort zone but uh, I think the trees came out better than the deer and the moon ahaha.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
I tried to make pixel art but made it a siggy button thing so its partially something I know and partially something I'm completely lost in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2777376/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/0YFtTCG.png[/img][/url] edit: also tried to do a dragon :D [img]https://i.imgur.com/mW7sfv6.png[/img]
I tried to make pixel art but made it a siggy button thing so its partially something I know and partially something I'm completely lost in
0YFtTCG.png

edit: also tried to do a dragon :D
mW7sfv6.png
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

I’m not good at burly men, so I tried that, also added wings because they’re so fun

link
I’m not good at burly men, so I tried that, also added wings because they’re so fun

link
signature.pngh9CCkJ3.png
Oh gosh! I just found this thread, gorgeous art and badges *o*

@shoujo self ping to enter later!
Oh gosh! I just found this thread, gorgeous art and badges *o*

@shoujo self ping to enter later!
3u37mIB.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47 48