Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Reve Lucide [pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]R[/color][color=#13e2ff]e[/color][color=#26c9ff]v[/color][color=#38b0ff]e[/color] [color=#5e7eff]L[/color][color=#7164ff]u[/color][color=#844bff]c[/color][color=#9632ff]i[/color][color=#a919ff]d[/color][color=#bc00ff]e[/color][/size] [font=courier][i][color=#00fbff]a[/color] [color=#14e1ff]t[/color][color=#1ed3ff]h[/color][color=#28c6ff]e[/color][color=#31b9ff]m[/color][color=#3bacff]e[/color][color=#459fff]d[/color] [color=#5984ff]p[/color][color=#6377ff]i[/color][color=#6d6aff]n[/color][color=#775cff]k[/color][color=#814fff]e[/color][color=#8b42ff]r[/color][color=#9435ff]l[/color][color=#9e28ff]o[/color][color=#a81aff]c[/color][color=#b20dff]k[/color][color=#bc00ff]e[/color] [/i][/font][/center] Hello, and welcome to my first pinkerlocke! I've seen lots of pinkerlockes around and always thought they looked like a fun challenge, and now that I'm looking for something new to do, I figured it's the time to start my own. This'll also be a chance for me to hone my writing skills before I really get into my clan's lore, seeing as I'm not the greatest writer. Original rules found [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162#post_1904162]here[/url], I've edited the rules a little bit to my personal preferences.[/font] [quote=Rules] Basic rules: A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!) And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! Optional sentimental rule: If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair. Drops of Fate: Food: Coliseum time! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches I will be playing on: Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles! Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material! Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun [s]and heartwrenching[/s], not a chore. Rare drops: Wildcards Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Gaoler 16. Banescale All the dragons I bring in will have the colors Cerulean and Plum, and others that keep with the vaporwave theme. (Cerulean and Plum are the only colors I know for certain get me vaporwave colors) Apparel: I flip a coin: Heads = I breed two of the dragons, flipping another coin for each hatchling to decide if they live, or if they are exalted. Living hatchlings will be saved for later, possibly to sell. Tails = Nothing happens Battle items: Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. (Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious. Starting out: Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood. Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting). You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up. Losing: I'll just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because I lack patience. [/quote]
Reve Lucide
a themed pinkerlocke

Hello, and welcome to my first pinkerlocke! I've seen lots of pinkerlockes around and always thought they looked like a fun challenge, and now that I'm looking for something new to do, I figured it's the time to start my own. This'll also be a chance for me to hone my writing skills before I really get into my clan's lore, seeing as I'm not the greatest writer.
Original rules found here, I've edited the rules a little bit to my personal preferences.
Rules wrote:
Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

I will be playing on:
Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler
16. Banescale

All the dragons I bring in will have the colors Cerulean and Plum, and others that keep with the vaporwave theme. (Cerulean and Plum are the only colors I know for certain get me vaporwave colors)

Apparel: I flip a coin:
Heads = I breed two of the dragons, flipping another coin for each hatchling to decide if they live, or if they are exalted. Living hatchlings will be saved for later, possibly to sell.
Tails = Nothing happens

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

(Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious.

Starting out:
Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting).

You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up.

Losing:
I'll just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because I lack patience.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]C[/color][color=#0becff]a[/color][color=#16ddff]s[/color][color=#21cfff]t[/color] [color=#37b1ff]o[/color][color=#42a2ff]f[/color] [color=#5885ff]C[/color][color=#6476ff]h[/color][color=#6f67ff]a[/color][color=#7a59ff]r[/color][color=#854aff]a[/color][color=#903bff]c[/color][color=#9b2cff]t[/color][color=#a61eff]e[/color][color=#b10fff]r[/color][color=#bc00ff]s[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59306875] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/593069/59306875.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b]Pixel[/b] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] An energetic young Spiral, Pixel keeps the group on their toes, and is always looking for an adventure. She's got a gift for untangling and fixing wires, which makes sense for someone who's always getting tangled in them.[/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58890784] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/588908/58890784.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b]Resonance[/b] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] The most laid-back of the trio, Resonance is always quick to crack a joke. His affinity for sensing electrical signals comes from his Coatl lineage, and he can pinpoint radio frequencies with amazing accuracy.[/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59484225] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/594843/59484225.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b]Reve[/b] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] The first dragon the trio (now duo) meets in the strange land. Reve is a warrior, quick to jump into battle. He saved Pixel and Resonance from a pack of Auguite Protectors.[/font][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59026211] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/590263/59026211.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][b]Banshee[/b] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] Another resident of the digital world, and a friend of Reve. She's a lot nicer than her Banescale companion, though.[/font][/center] [center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]D[/color][color=#26c9ff]e[/color][color=#4b97ff]a[/color][color=#7164ff]t[/color][color=#9632ff]h[/color][color=#bc00ff]s[/color] [/size] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59160481][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/10400.png[/img][/url]
Cast of Characters

59306875.png

Pixel

An energetic young Spiral, Pixel keeps the group on their toes, and is always looking for an adventure. She's got a gift for untangling and fixing wires, which makes sense for someone who's always getting tangled in them.

58890784.png

Resonance

The most laid-back of the trio, Resonance is always quick to crack a joke. His affinity for sensing electrical signals comes from his Coatl lineage, and he can pinpoint radio frequencies with amazing accuracy.

59484225.png

Reve

The first dragon the trio (now duo) meets in the strange land. Reve is a warrior, quick to jump into battle. He saved Pixel and Resonance from a pack of Auguite Protectors.

59026211.png

Banshee

Another resident of the digital world, and a friend of Reve. She's a lot nicer than her Banescale companion, though.
Deaths

10400.png
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][size=7][font=courier][color=#00fbff]G[/color][color=#1fd1ff]a[/color][color=#3fa7ff]l[/color][color=#5e7dff]l[/color][color=#7d54ff]e[/color][color=#9d2aff]r[/color][color=#bc00ff]y[/color][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/XzV3Myx.png[/img][/center]
Gallery

XzV3Myx.png
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][emoji=shockswitch blue size=1][/center]
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
Prologue

The creak of metal echoes up the cliffs as a huge set of steel doors slowly grinds open. Lights blink on inside the huge cave that is revealed, illuminating the furled sails of the ships contained within. Dragons come out of openings in the upper reaches of the cave, accompanied by a host of robots. Seacliff Hangar is waking up, preparing for its daily duties.

Pixel whoops as she threads herself among the ropes and chains hanging from a catwalk. "Can you guys believe we get to work on the legendary Soulsearcher?!" she cries to the Skydancer and Coatl standing on the catwalk.

The Skydancer shakes his head, the pendant around his neck swinging. "We're so lucky," he says. "I just hope we don't mess anything up."

The Coatl laughs. "We won't, Synth," he says in the low, humming voice of Coatls. "And even if we do, one of us will probably be able to fix it before the crew gets back."

Synth sighs, shaking out his wings. "I hope you're right, Resonance. I don't want to find out what it's like to be on the bad side of the Traveler's friends if we mess up her airship."

Pixel swings up beside them on the catwalk, pointing straight down. "Here we are! Hope you two are ready to step on the ship of myths!"

Synth and Resonance nod, and the three young dragons spread their wings and dive off the catwalk to the deck of the ship below.

"Huh," Pixel says as they look around the Soulsearcher's deck. "From the stories the crew told, I was expecting to see a lot more dragons around."

Synth gestures to the closed hatch in the floor, as Resonance takes out a key card and inserts it into a slot on the nearest mast. "It's still early. I bet they're all below, sleeping." he says as the hatch slides open, revealing a set of stairs into the ship's interior.

Pixel huffs as she follows the other two down. They wind their way down long hallways that seem too big for the ship, following signs on the walls until they come to a huge, open room: the bridge. Pixel and Synth walk right in, but Resonance hangs back in the doorway.

"What's wrong? Scared to come in?" Pixel teases, and Resonance flicks his wings nervously.

"There's something not right in there," he says, shifting on his feet. Synth looks up from one of the consoles situated around the room, waving Pixel over.

"Look at this," he says, tapping the screen set into the table before them. "We can't get into the system, even with the maintenance code. It's just saying this." He types a sequence of numbers into the interface, and a message pops up bearing a strange symbol: an Imperial's skull with more eyes than usual, surrounded by a halo of circuits.

"Is it one of the flag symbols?" Pixel asks. "There are so many I can't keep track of them all."

Synth shakes his head, gesturing to a plaque on the table covered in symbols. "That's the guide of the flag symbols. This one doesn't look like anything there."

The lights flicker. Synth and Pixel look up for Resonance, who comes barreling across the room to them. "Something's here," he says, panic pitching his normally calm voice. An electrical zapping sound goes through the room. The three young dragons cast fearful looks around, all starting when the main control screens at the front of the room come to life. Bright pinpoints of multicolored light crisscross the screen, hypnotizing the trio. A voice comes over the intercom speakers.

Commencing entry. Please stay still.

The colored lights stream out of the screen and onto the trio. Pixel, Synth, and Resonance cast one last look at each other before everything goes black.

The lights come back up. The bridge is empty, with no trace of the three young dragons.
Prologue

The creak of metal echoes up the cliffs as a huge set of steel doors slowly grinds open. Lights blink on inside the huge cave that is revealed, illuminating the furled sails of the ships contained within. Dragons come out of openings in the upper reaches of the cave, accompanied by a host of robots. Seacliff Hangar is waking up, preparing for its daily duties.

Pixel whoops as she threads herself among the ropes and chains hanging from a catwalk. "Can you guys believe we get to work on the legendary Soulsearcher?!" she cries to the Skydancer and Coatl standing on the catwalk.

The Skydancer shakes his head, the pendant around his neck swinging. "We're so lucky," he says. "I just hope we don't mess anything up."

The Coatl laughs. "We won't, Synth," he says in the low, humming voice of Coatls. "And even if we do, one of us will probably be able to fix it before the crew gets back."

Synth sighs, shaking out his wings. "I hope you're right, Resonance. I don't want to find out what it's like to be on the bad side of the Traveler's friends if we mess up her airship."

Pixel swings up beside them on the catwalk, pointing straight down. "Here we are! Hope you two are ready to step on the ship of myths!"

Synth and Resonance nod, and the three young dragons spread their wings and dive off the catwalk to the deck of the ship below.

"Huh," Pixel says as they look around the Soulsearcher's deck. "From the stories the crew told, I was expecting to see a lot more dragons around."

Synth gestures to the closed hatch in the floor, as Resonance takes out a key card and inserts it into a slot on the nearest mast. "It's still early. I bet they're all below, sleeping." he says as the hatch slides open, revealing a set of stairs into the ship's interior.

Pixel huffs as she follows the other two down. They wind their way down long hallways that seem too big for the ship, following signs on the walls until they come to a huge, open room: the bridge. Pixel and Synth walk right in, but Resonance hangs back in the doorway.

"What's wrong? Scared to come in?" Pixel teases, and Resonance flicks his wings nervously.

"There's something not right in there," he says, shifting on his feet. Synth looks up from one of the consoles situated around the room, waving Pixel over.

"Look at this," he says, tapping the screen set into the table before them. "We can't get into the system, even with the maintenance code. It's just saying this." He types a sequence of numbers into the interface, and a message pops up bearing a strange symbol: an Imperial's skull with more eyes than usual, surrounded by a halo of circuits.

"Is it one of the flag symbols?" Pixel asks. "There are so many I can't keep track of them all."

Synth shakes his head, gesturing to a plaque on the table covered in symbols. "That's the guide of the flag symbols. This one doesn't look like anything there."

The lights flicker. Synth and Pixel look up for Resonance, who comes barreling across the room to them. "Something's here," he says, panic pitching his normally calm voice. An electrical zapping sound goes through the room. The three young dragons cast fearful looks around, all starting when the main control screens at the front of the room come to life. Bright pinpoints of multicolored light crisscross the screen, hypnotizing the trio. A voice comes over the intercom speakers.

Commencing entry. Please stay still.

The colored lights stream out of the screen and onto the trio. Pixel, Synth, and Resonance cast one last look at each other before everything goes black.

The lights come back up. The bridge is empty, with no trace of the three young dragons.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]D[/color][color=#2fbcff]a[/color][color=#5e7eff]y[/color] [color=#bc00ff]1[/color][/font][/size] [item=ambush] uh oh...DEATH STREAK 10 rounds in Training Fields, no leaving the coli. Everyone is level 3!
Day 1
Ambush
uh oh...DEATH STREAK

10 rounds in Training Fields, no leaving the coli.
Everyone is level 3!
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]D[/color][color=#2fbcff]a[/color][color=#5e7eff]y[/color] [color=#bc00ff]2[/color][/font][/size] [item=black linen chest wrap] None of them can breed yet so....yeah
Day 2
Black Linen Chest Wrap
None of them can breed yet so....yeah
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]D[/color][color=#2fbcff]a[/color][color=#5e7eff]y[/color] [color=#bc00ff]3[/color][/font][/size] [item=berserker] Another battle stone? Well the coin flip was tails, so I guess it doesn't mean anything
Day 3
Berserker
Another battle stone? Well the coin flip was tails, so I guess it doesn't mean anything
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[center][font=courier][size=7][color=#00fbff]D[/color][color=#2fbcff]a[/color][color=#5e7eff]y[/color] [color=#bc00ff]4[/color][/font][/size] [item=maggot] 25 rounds in the Training Fields. Everyone is level 4!
Day 4
Maggot
25 rounds in the Training Fields. Everyone is level 4!
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
1 2 3 4