Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Devil's Howl (Fodderlocke)
[center][font=tnr][size=4]A ragtag team of criminals, bored of the few adventures the land can offer, set off for the vast ocean. With no destination in mind, Lyora and her crew want to make a living and their mark on the world. Or, at the very least, the Sea. They are the Devil's Howl. They will find you, and you will remember them. You can only hope the memory won't haunt your sleep. [emoji=pirate hat size=1][/center] ----- Hey all! Welcome to my fodderlocke. It's a bit of a work in progress, considering I'd rather get started immediately instead of spending time formatting stuff and putting my ideas into writing lol. Here are the links to the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2806527/1]original fodderlocke by Squidragon[/url], the [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1McizliYJUKK3jOQ_p6Ct9I4Hl1wl1XFquPiXMUO0gl4/edit?usp=sharing]Captain's Log[/url] with all updates, and a [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WnC753GY2RONMxEaAMp_ylE4-7doP_uqQqo-aLRbQgk/edit?usp=sharing]Character Information[/url] sheet. The Captain's Log contains all updates in chronological order, so you don't have to go searching through the thread to find them. They are written from Lyora's perspective. I will also post updates to this thread if anyone wants a ping. The Character Information sheet contains updated information regarding all characters, plus a graveyard. [b]If you want to avoid spoilers, do not read it[/b]. If you'd like to be pinged for updates, please let me know. If you've got any town ideas you want to throw my way (provided the crew can access them via a port), including possible crossovers between our lore, I'd love to hear them! [i]I'm subscribed[/i]. Thank you.
A ragtag team of criminals, bored of the few adventures the land can offer, set off for the vast ocean. With no destination in mind, Lyora and her crew want to make a living and their mark on the world. Or, at the very least, the Sea.

They are the Devil's Howl. They will find you, and you will remember them. You can only hope the memory won't haunt your sleep.

Hey all! Welcome to my fodderlocke. It's a bit of a work in progress, considering I'd rather get started immediately instead of spending time formatting stuff and putting my ideas into writing lol.

Here are the links to the original fodderlocke by Squidragon, the Captain's Log with all updates, and a Character Information sheet.

The Captain's Log contains all updates in chronological order, so you don't have to go searching through the thread to find them. They are written from Lyora's perspective. I will also post updates to this thread if anyone wants a ping. The Character Information sheet contains updated information regarding all characters, plus a graveyard. If you want to avoid spoilers, do not read it.

If you'd like to be pinged for updates, please let me know. If you've got any town ideas you want to throw my way (provided the crew can access them via a port), including possible crossovers between our lore, I'd love to hear them!

I'm subscribed. Thank you.
Reserved, just in case.
Reserved, just in case.
2/1/2020 - Phase 1

The date is the first day of the second month. My crew is finally ready to set sail. Through “persuasion,” my crew had gathered all needed resources throughout the first month. Originally, I was joined by Beetleguts, Lunar, Kyungsoon and Buckeye. However, we found a couple stragglers in the ports named Moonlight and Lokianos. The latter bested the former in combat, so Lokianos is officially part of our team. We had set sail around noon, and are currently on our way to the next port. We had to leave as soon as possible to thwart any legal intervention that might come our way due to our actions this past month. Piracy is also illegal in this port. It was only this morning that we flew our flag in order to avoid suspicion. The time is high moon, so I will rest. I know that with the combined efforts of my team we will gather riches and make our mark on the world - or, at the very least, the seas.

2/2/20 - Phase 2, #2 - Romance

We are still on our way to Clearwater Harbor. It is a medium-sized town, but is always bustling with plenty to do. The last time I visited the harbor, the town hall had a sizeable board with quests for adventurers to complete in exchange for a few coins. I plan on claiming a few, setting sail to complete them, and returning when we are finished. The out-of-town missions always provide a larger reward. The reward only grows bigger the further out we must travel, but the trek will be far easier now that we have a ship. The waters have been calm thus far, but there exists a chance for turmoil in my crew. I suspect a romance is brewing between Lokianos and Buckeye. I hope the latter will not distract Lokianos. I do not mean this lightly when I say she has potential. I will confront her when I am completely sure. If the two decide to become involved in one another, I will have to treat the pair as one entity. Any sign of failure from one and the other will receive equal punishment. I cannot take risks and have them be willing to deceive me for each other. Hopefully by increasing the risk I can avoid an ordeal. Only time will tell.
2/1/2020 - Phase 1

The date is the first day of the second month. My crew is finally ready to set sail. Through “persuasion,” my crew had gathered all needed resources throughout the first month. Originally, I was joined by Beetleguts, Lunar, Kyungsoon and Buckeye. However, we found a couple stragglers in the ports named Moonlight and Lokianos. The latter bested the former in combat, so Lokianos is officially part of our team. We had set sail around noon, and are currently on our way to the next port. We had to leave as soon as possible to thwart any legal intervention that might come our way due to our actions this past month. Piracy is also illegal in this port. It was only this morning that we flew our flag in order to avoid suspicion. The time is high moon, so I will rest. I know that with the combined efforts of my team we will gather riches and make our mark on the world - or, at the very least, the seas.

2/2/20 - Phase 2, #2 - Romance

We are still on our way to Clearwater Harbor. It is a medium-sized town, but is always bustling with plenty to do. The last time I visited the harbor, the town hall had a sizeable board with quests for adventurers to complete in exchange for a few coins. I plan on claiming a few, setting sail to complete them, and returning when we are finished. The out-of-town missions always provide a larger reward. The reward only grows bigger the further out we must travel, but the trek will be far easier now that we have a ship. The waters have been calm thus far, but there exists a chance for turmoil in my crew. I suspect a romance is brewing between Lokianos and Buckeye. I hope the latter will not distract Lokianos. I do not mean this lightly when I say she has potential. I will confront her when I am completely sure. If the two decide to become involved in one another, I will have to treat the pair as one entity. Any sign of failure from one and the other will receive equal punishment. I cannot take risks and have them be willing to deceive me for each other. Hopefully by increasing the risk I can avoid an ordeal. Only time will tell.
*decides to start this up again* *immediately rolls an 11*

2/28/20 - 11 - Major Heist

This log will be short. There is a chance I made a mistake. Clearwater Harbor had numerous high-stakes quests, as expected. Thus, I claimed one. We completed it. My crew's numbers have depleted. I, myself, barely scraped through with my life. Lokianos died, claiming her lover's life, Buckeye. Perhaps the worst death of all was my lifelong friend, Beetleguts. He is dearly missed and his life will be celebrated. I loved him, truly, as any close friends would. I am unsure what my next step will be. I must keep a strong face for my crew, but all of us have deeply felt our losses. The three of us remaining will step forward more experienced and battle-hardened. But until we take that step, I believe we will take a break. We will spend the reward from the quest and travel to the next town over. I am afraid to remain here longer, lest I be cursed with more deaths. We leave tonight.

I miss him.

The paper is stained in saltwater. You are unsure if it is from the sea or Lyora's tears.
*decides to start this up again* *immediately rolls an 11*

2/28/20 - 11 - Major Heist

This log will be short. There is a chance I made a mistake. Clearwater Harbor had numerous high-stakes quests, as expected. Thus, I claimed one. We completed it. My crew's numbers have depleted. I, myself, barely scraped through with my life. Lokianos died, claiming her lover's life, Buckeye. Perhaps the worst death of all was my lifelong friend, Beetleguts. He is dearly missed and his life will be celebrated. I loved him, truly, as any close friends would. I am unsure what my next step will be. I must keep a strong face for my crew, but all of us have deeply felt our losses. The three of us remaining will step forward more experienced and battle-hardened. But until we take that step, I believe we will take a break. We will spend the reward from the quest and travel to the next town over. I am afraid to remain here longer, lest I be cursed with more deaths. We leave tonight.

I miss him.

The paper is stained in saltwater. You are unsure if it is from the sea or Lyora's tears.