Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [To Be Deleted]
1 2 3
Plans Cancelled

Mods: If you could please delete this thread, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!
Plans Cancelled

Mods: If you could please delete this thread, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!
1cIfXhm.png Silvereil Hello, I'm Silvereil
» The Avatar
» The Wishlist
» The Current Project
That's adorable.

You might be able to make some money with these, if you ever decide to open them up as adopts? Little origami dragons are the cutest dang idea. :D
That's adorable.

You might be able to make some money with these, if you ever decide to open them up as adopts? Little origami dragons are the cutest dang idea. :D
@Minstrel
Thanks! I thought so, too, and I'm sure glad this one finally worked out!
I'm surprised the animation didn't take as long as I thought it would.

I'm hoping to open these and some other breeds up for adopts at some point because it would probably be my highest source of income. I'm not sure how much I'd price them though. I already have another pixel that's not quite as far along, but has the markings of one of my dragons, and that did take some time to do...

Still, I did manage to finish both today.
@Minstrel
Thanks! I thought so, too, and I'm sure glad this one finally worked out!
I'm surprised the animation didn't take as long as I thought it would.

I'm hoping to open these and some other breeds up for adopts at some point because it would probably be my highest source of income. I'm not sure how much I'd price them though. I already have another pixel that's not quite as far along, but has the markings of one of my dragons, and that did take some time to do...

Still, I did manage to finish both today.
» The Avatar
» The Wishlist
» The Current Project
I gotta look up how to do simple animations like that, they always bring so much life to a piece!

I don't know much about adopt prices - the last time I sold art, it was clan emblems, so my point of reference is pretty different.

Hmm... maybe keep track of how long each of these takes you, and save layers with the markings you do if you intend to repeat them? Time is a decent indicator of how much you should be charging, imo, and some comparison with other adopts might not be a bad idea. Sponsoring markings seems to get some money for other adopt shops, so maybe that's an option for you, too?
I gotta look up how to do simple animations like that, they always bring so much life to a piece!

I don't know much about adopt prices - the last time I sold art, it was clan emblems, so my point of reference is pretty different.

Hmm... maybe keep track of how long each of these takes you, and save layers with the markings you do if you intend to repeat them? Time is a decent indicator of how much you should be charging, imo, and some comparison with other adopts might not be a bad idea. Sponsoring markings seems to get some money for other adopt shops, so maybe that's an option for you, too?
@Minstrel
For my animation here, I just adjusted some pieces of the original drawing and then used a tool to flash back and forth between the two drawings.

I have the markings for the one I did saved, but they will need to be adjusted and redrawn for each breed I do, so the first of each will likely take a while longer. I also haven't settled on the linearts for any other breeds other than Guardian.

There's a lot more to do, I guess. XD

Sponsoring? Hm... Lol, yeah, I'm totally new to this selling art thing. Like, I've never even bought for art for any of my dragons, so I'm not sure how I'd do that yet... I'll look into it.
@Minstrel
For my animation here, I just adjusted some pieces of the original drawing and then used a tool to flash back and forth between the two drawings.

I have the markings for the one I did saved, but they will need to be adjusted and redrawn for each breed I do, so the first of each will likely take a while longer. I also haven't settled on the linearts for any other breeds other than Guardian.

There's a lot more to do, I guess. XD

Sponsoring? Hm... Lol, yeah, I'm totally new to this selling art thing. Like, I've never even bought for art for any of my dragons, so I'm not sure how I'd do that yet... I'll look into it.
» The Avatar
» The Wishlist
» The Current Project
oooh that looks amazing!! i love the idea of origami dragons [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] and i agree with minstrel, they would make a lovely adopt (sadly i'm no help with pricing either, but all i can say is definitely try not to undersell yourself)!
oooh that looks amazing!! i love the idea of origami dragons and i agree with minstrel, they would make a lovely adopt (sadly i'm no help with pricing either, but all i can say is definitely try not to undersell yourself)!
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
Thank you so much! I wanted an origami dragon, too, but no one made one up to my standards, so I tried. This is the result!

This one's going to be for Guardians, and I'm working on some more breeds soon! I have Pearlcatchers sort of done. (Still needs much tweaking)

Haha, it's okay. I'll do some pricing research.

@Minstrel and @hyrulle:

Do you both want to be pinged if/when I get around to starting these adopts?

Also, I'll probably post some of the others here for checks to see how they are before releasing them.
Thank you so much! I wanted an origami dragon, too, but no one made one up to my standards, so I tried. This is the result!

This one's going to be for Guardians, and I'm working on some more breeds soon! I have Pearlcatchers sort of done. (Still needs much tweaking)

Haha, it's okay. I'll do some pricing research.

@Minstrel and @hyrulle:

Do you both want to be pinged if/when I get around to starting these adopts?

Also, I'll probably post some of the others here for checks to see how they are before releasing them.
» The Avatar
» The Wishlist
» The Current Project
i would love to be pinged! i wish you luck in finding a good price [emoji=new friend size=1]
i would love to be pinged! i wish you luck in finding a good price
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
I love these so much! Please ping me when you open a shop!
I love these so much! Please ping me when you open a shop!
wugdsc4.png ---- - jtTH2PS.gif
-Lore
------ wFqHTqy.png ---
-Chicken
-FR+2
-she/Her
-Loves anything felidae
-Loves to draw!
-Needs FR currency ;0;
--- NSexOmD.gif
--- -.- Boop me
--- wugdsc4.png
oof these are cute id love a shop ping!
oof these are cute id love a shop ping!
5892c5c340f5264298ab03b35ff0dcfa32e5c846.pnga3abe3a57fa73e1e4d20440c93f392df4a1de2b2.png99d546c5f2f73a91e494a877b318b5fe2cc494d0.png
1 2 3