Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Haps' Anthology
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/609696/60969539p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/634861/63486083p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/636162/63616149p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/643735/64373466p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/647292/64729187p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/652353/65235291p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/642997/64299640p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/621506/62150547p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/644569/64456810p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/639663/63966203p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/650727/65072630p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/648210/64820994p.png[/img] [font=cambria][size=5][i]Crew of The Dreadnought[/i][/size][/font] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/center] [center][font=cambria][i]Late in the evening, the crew of [/i]The Dreadnought[i] gathers for a night of shanties and games before docking at the Dark Lightning Clan[/i][/center] [font=cambria]Aaemi Mophs, helmsman of [i]The Dreadnought[/i], watches his compass for a moment before looking back at the map on the small table next to the ship’s steering wheel. The ship’s navigator, Amethyst, looks at the map as well and checks their course one more time. He somehow manages to find something wrong with it and starts panicking before showing his work to Aaemi, who assures him he had it right the first time and that they weren’t days off course. To get Amethyst’s mind off of navigating for a little while, Aaemi suggests that he go get a few chairs and bring them back to the quarterdeck for the crew’s night of games and general joviality they typically have before docking at their next stop. Amethyst agrees and heads below deck after making sure Aaemi could handle everything, Aaemi told him that he had been both helmsman [i]and[/i] navigator before Captain Ace had hired an official navigator. He could handle it for a few minutes. After a short while, Aaemi locked the wheel in place and turned to head to his quarters for a couple minutes. His son Kolinsky was standing at the top of the stairs to the quarter deck and was watching him. He asked if he could watch the wheel while his dad was away, and Aaemi figured why not. He wouldn’t have to fix anything, and even if something did go wrong he knew how to steer the ship anyway, so [i]The Dreadnought[/i] was in good hands; no offense to the boson, Staria, who was technically supposed to take over since she was second in command and had finished her helmsman training with Aaemi. Leaving [i]The Dreadnought[/i] in the capable hands of his son, Aaemi headed down into the bowels of the ship to retrieve a bottle of his favourite bourbon to share with the crew at the gathering, and a box. When he reached the quarter deck again, he found Kolinsky helping Amethyst put up a small table and a few chairs. Kolinsky then excused himself to finish up his work below deck, he had come up because he needed a short break from the cool storage rooms and was going to head back down after he warmed up a little bit. He figured he would warm up faster if he kept moving, so he decided to make himself useful even during his tiny break. Checking his compass and making sure the wheel was still locked in place, Aaemi set the bottle on the table and opened the rough box he had brought up with him. He pulled out his accordion and sat down in one of the chairs after stashing the case behind the ship’s wheel. He gently played a few songs as his crewmates arrived at the quarterdeck. Amethyst watched his compass with his brow furrowed. Aaemi had to pull his attention away from navigating by sitting him down and taking his compass away. After a few minutes Amethyst relaxed and started humming along to Aaemi’s playing. The first dragon to make his way to the quarterdeck was Malchidace, the lookout. He slid down the main mast from his post and waved and whooped as if it had been a month since he last left the crow’s nest and seen the rest of his crewmates. He didn’t bring any spirits, but he certainly brought spirit. Pulling his goggles off, Malchidace pours himself a glass of Aaemi’s bourbon and plops himself down in a chair, immediately joining in the singing with his smooth baritone. The second dragon to get to the quarterdeck was Security, the striker. She brought a basket of assorted jerkies and nuts that she foraged and stored from the last time they had been docked. Malchidace dipped out of the singing for a minute to go make conversation with her and grab a few nuts before inviting her to come and sit with him and join in on the songs if she wanted. She obliged and when Malchidace thumped himself back into his seat and joined back in with his low rumble, Security perched herself on the chair next to him and quietly hummed along with her rough alto voice. Aaemi finished the song he had started before Security had arrived and started another one that he figured was a little more well-known. Everyone joined in and even with four voices they didn’t sound half bad; [center][columns][font=cambria][i]“Now we are ready to head for the Horn! Way, hay, roll an' go! Our boots an' our clothes boys are all in the pawn, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Heave a pawl, o heave away! Way, hay, roll an' go! The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Man the stout caps'n an' heave with a will! Way, hay, roll an' go! Soon we'll be drivin' her 'way down the hill, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Heave a pawl, o heave away! Way, hay, roll an' go! The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Soon we'll be warping her out through the locks! Way, hay, roll an' go! Where the pretty young gals all come down in their flocks, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! [nextcol][color=transparent]--[/color] [nextcol][font=cambria][i]Heave a pawl, o heave away! Way, hay, roll an' go! The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! We're outward bound for Vallipo Bay! Way, hay, roll an' go! Get crackin', m' lads, 'tis a hell o' a way, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Heave a pawl, o heave away! Way, hay, roll an' go! The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored, To be rollicking randy dandy-O! Heave a pawl, o heave away! Way, hay, roll an' go! The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored, To be rollicking randy dandy-O![/columns][/center] [font=cambria]The next group of dragons to arrive kicked up quite a cacophony as they came up from below deck. Krashos, the weapons ‘expert’, appeared with his two powder monkeys, Iceclaw and Indime toting more tables and chairs as the cook, Penne, reamed them out, telling them to be careful and if they bumped her one more time they might just find some hemlock in their rations tomorrow. I think it’s safe to say that the singing had stopped as soon as the hatch to below decks had opened and the noise had ensued. Penne herself was carrying baskets of food and alcohol fit for sailors, as well as a few of her fancier whiskey glasses. As soon as the other table and chairs were set up, Penne fixed the now two tables up and poured herself a glass of Scotch, scowling at Krashos and his goons. Penne downed her first glass and set it on a chair, claiming her place to sit, before heading back below deck for a minute. Indime and Iceclaw loudly roughhoused before Krashos joined in with the intent of breaking them up and quieting them down, but only making it worse. Penne reappeared soon enough with her snare drum and threatened to use all of their heads as her new drum set if they didn’t cut it out and quit disturbing Aaemi and everyone else singing. They quickly stopped and sat down with everyone else before loudly joining in with their various tenor pitches as Aaemi started up playing his accordion again. Penne joined in with her drum as she thought it was appropriate. [columns][font=cambria][i]After fourteen years I left the sea, for a life upon a lake After all the storms I'd seen, I needed a good break I thought still waters would mean peace for me But that was a mistake For the place I chose was bedevilled by a giant, evil drake A mallard of such malice, twice the size of any man A bill to give you nightmares and a monsterous wingspan You cannot hope to fight it, so avoid him if you can That terrifying waterfoul, the beast beyond the dam Row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might Row with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight Row-ho, row-ho, and with any luck We'll win the day and do away the dreaded Moby Duck I'm not one for surrender, so a vengeful oath I swore I gathered up me hearties like so many times before We shod our ship with weapons and prepared to go to war 'Til the fetid, feathered, fearsome, flying duck will breathe no more Row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might Row with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight Row-ho, row-ho and with any luck We'll win the day and do away the dreaded Moby Duck [nextcol][color=transparent]--[/color] [nextcol][font=cambria][i]There was bonnie brave Marie, who to her arms had waved goodbye And handsome Jack whose duck-attack left him without an eye The Darby twins with one leg each on deck were standing by Only a couple dozen limbs between a crew of twenty-five Row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might Row with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight Row-ho, row-ho and with any luck We'll win the day and do away the dreaded Moby Duck The fight raged on for several hours, defend and then attack With beatings from those wicked wings, our boat began to crack The beast reared up to finish the job, and with a mighty quack... (Quack) I rammed my harpoon in his throat and made a tasty snack Row-ho, row-ho, row us back to shore We'll drag his broken body back and roast it on an oar Row-ho, row-ho, barbecue the beast, with hoisin sauce and pancakes We will have the biggest feast Oh, row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might We rowed with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight Row-ho, row-ho, we had all the luck We won the day and did away the dreaded Moby Duck We won the day and did away the dreaded Moby Duck! (Quack)[/columns] [font=cambria]Raknyi and Kolinsky arrived just as the group finished their song. Kolinsky brought with him a bottle of his favorite merlot despite thinking that no one was going to try it, and his guitar. Raknyi, the ship’s surgeon and doctor brought with her a couple bottles of her grandfather’s famous Ashfall whiskey and her trumpet along with a tambourine for anyone who wanted to use it. Once she had poured herself, Aaemi, and Penne glasses, then let everyone else dry out the bottles, Kolinsky and Raknyi sat down with the group and chatted as Aaemi played a bit of background music and waited for the last two dragons on the ship to arrive. He was also keeping an eye on the time and their current course, though he had almost no doubt that Amethyst was watching their course vehemently. Finally, Captain Ace and his daughter Staria, the boson, came out of the captain’s quarters and joined in the festivities. The captain immediately sat down and started a loud conversation with Malchidace, both of their deep, booming voices almost echoing across the sea. Staria went after Kolinsky and started pushing his buttons like she was his little sister. Raknyi watched them and gave them dangerous looks when they started getting too rowdy. Aaemi started up another song as everyone talked, trying to get Staria and Kolinsky to stop batting at each other, and Krashos, Iceclaw, and Indime to stop screwing around. Everyone slowly came and sat down as Aaemi started singing; [columns][font=cambria][i]Oh Santiana gained the day Away Santianna! Now pull the yan up the west they say Along the plains of Mexico Well heave her up and away we'll go Away Santiana! Heave her up and away we'll go Along the plains of Mexico She's a fast clipper ship and a bully good crew Away Santiana! And an old salty Yank for a captain too Along the plains of Mexico Well heave her up and away we'll go Away Santiana! Heave her up and away we'll go Along the plains of Mexico [nextcol][color=transparent]--[/color] [nextcol][font=cambria][i]Santiana fought for gold Away Santiana! Around Cape Horn through the ice and snow Along the plains of Mexico Well heave her up and away we'll go Away Santiana! Heave her up and away we'll go Along the plains of Mexico 'Twas on the field of Molly-Del-Rey Away Santiana! Well both his legs got blown away Along the plains of Mexico Well heave her up and away we'll go Away Santiana! Heave her up and away we'll go Along the plains of Mexico [nextcol][color=transparent]--[/color] [nextcol][font=cambria][i]It was a fierce and bitter strife Away Santiana! The general Taylor took his life Along the plains of Mexico Well heave her up and away we'll go Away Santiana! Heave her up and away we'll go Along the plains of Mexico Santiana now we mourn Away Santiana! We left him buried off Cape Horn Along the plains of Mexico[/columns] [font=cambria]After that song, Aaemi put down his accordion and let everyone talk while they were sitting down. He finally took the opportunity to go get some snacks and a few drinks. Then joined in the chatter himself. Once it started getting late, Aaemi grabbed Amethyst and plotted how much longer it would take to get to the Dark Lightning Clan. Doing the math and double checking Amethyst’s numbers for him, Aaemi figured they’d be at the port no later than 10 A.M. tomorrow if they dropped anchor now and hoisted it at 6 that morning. After getting Captain Ace to make the call, the sails were raised, the anchor was dropped, and everyone started realizing how late it was getting to be. Ace decided that they would do one last song before everyone was sent to quarters. Aaemi stretched and grabbed his accordion while Kolinsky made sure his guitar was tuned, Raknyi and Penne stowed their instruments and got ready to sing with everyone else. Aaemi started the first verse, then everyone joined in for the refrain; [i]Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine Come lift up your voices, all grief to refrain For we may or might never all meet here again So here's a health to the company and one to my lass Let's drink and be merry all out of one glass Let's drink and be merry, all grief to refrain For we may or might never all meet here again[/i] Everyone went quiet and Ace took the next verse; [i]Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well For style and for beauty there's none can excel There's a smile on her countenance as she sits upon my knee There is no man in this wide world as happy as me So here's a health to the company and one to my lass Let's drink and be merry all out of one glass Let's drink and be merry, all grief to refrain For we may or might never all meet here again[/i] As everyone finished the chorus again, Aaemi let Kolinsky sing the last verse; [i]Our ship lies at anchor, she is ready to dock I wish her safe landing without any shock And if ever I should meet you by land or by sea I will always remember your kindness to me So here's a health to the company and one to my lass Let's drink and be merry all out of one glass Let's drink and be merry, all grief to refrain For we may or might never all meet here again[/i] As the last few notes rang out over the water, everyone quietly picked up a little before heading to bed, happy with how they sang tonight and how much fun they had. However, they needed their rest; the Dark Lightning Clan was expecting them tomorrow and they had to be ready to work and unload their cargo. [rule] Shanties; [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0rae6h3lXU]Randy Dandy-O[/url], [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA7e_dxDOCo]Moby Duck[/url], [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4gLEBGSkE]Santiana[/url], [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ENmmkar0QQ]Here's a Health to the Company[/url]
60969539p.png63486083p.png63616149p.png64373466p.png64729187p.png65235291p.png64299640p.png62150547p.png64456810p.png63966203p.png65072630p.png64820994p.png
Crew of The Dreadnought
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Late in the evening, the crew of The Dreadnought gathers for a night of shanties
and games before docking at the Dark Lightning Clan

Aaemi Mophs, helmsman of The Dreadnought, watches his compass for a moment before looking back at the map on the small table next to the ship’s steering wheel. The ship’s navigator, Amethyst, looks at the map as well and checks their course one more time. He somehow manages to find something wrong with it and starts panicking before showing his work to Aaemi, who assures him he had it right the first time and that they weren’t days off course.

To get Amethyst’s mind off of navigating for a little while, Aaemi suggests that he go get a few chairs and bring them back to the quarterdeck for the crew’s night of games and general joviality they typically have before docking at their next stop. Amethyst agrees and heads below deck after making sure Aaemi could handle everything, Aaemi told him that he had been both helmsman and navigator before Captain Ace had hired an official navigator. He could handle it for a few minutes.

After a short while, Aaemi locked the wheel in place and turned to head to his quarters for a couple minutes. His son Kolinsky was standing at the top of the stairs to the quarter deck and was watching him. He asked if he could watch the wheel while his dad was away, and Aaemi figured why not. He wouldn’t have to fix anything, and even if something did go wrong he knew how to steer the ship anyway, so The Dreadnought was in good hands; no offense to the boson, Staria, who was technically supposed to take over since she was second in command and had finished her helmsman training with Aaemi.

Leaving The Dreadnought in the capable hands of his son, Aaemi headed down into the bowels of the ship to retrieve a bottle of his favourite bourbon to share with the crew at the gathering, and a box. When he reached the quarter deck again, he found Kolinsky helping Amethyst put up a small table and a few chairs. Kolinsky then excused himself to finish up his work below deck, he had come up because he needed a short break from the cool storage rooms and was going to head back down after he warmed up a little bit. He figured he would warm up faster if he kept moving, so he decided to make himself useful even during his tiny break.

Checking his compass and making sure the wheel was still locked in place, Aaemi set the bottle on the table and opened the rough box he had brought up with him. He pulled out his accordion and sat down in one of the chairs after stashing the case behind the ship’s wheel. He gently played a few songs as his crewmates arrived at the quarterdeck.

Amethyst watched his compass with his brow furrowed. Aaemi had to pull his attention away from navigating by sitting him down and taking his compass away. After a few minutes Amethyst relaxed and started humming along to Aaemi’s playing.

The first dragon to make his way to the quarterdeck was Malchidace, the lookout. He slid down the main mast from his post and waved and whooped as if it had been a month since he last left the crow’s nest and seen the rest of his crewmates. He didn’t bring any spirits, but he certainly brought spirit. Pulling his goggles off, Malchidace pours himself a glass of Aaemi’s bourbon and plops himself down in a chair, immediately joining in the singing with his smooth baritone.

The second dragon to get to the quarterdeck was Security, the striker. She brought a basket of assorted jerkies and nuts that she foraged and stored from the last time they had been docked. Malchidace dipped out of the singing for a minute to go make conversation with her and grab a few nuts before inviting her to come and sit with him and join in on the songs if she wanted. She obliged and when Malchidace thumped himself back into his seat and joined back in with his low rumble, Security perched herself on the chair next to him and quietly hummed along with her rough alto voice.

Aaemi finished the song he had started before Security had arrived and started another one that he figured was a little more well-known. Everyone joined in and even with four voices they didn’t sound half bad;

“Now we are ready to head for the Horn!
Way, hay, roll an' go!
Our boots an' our clothes boys are all in the pawn,
To be rollicking randy dandy-O!

Heave a pawl, o heave away!
Way, hay, roll an' go!
The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored,

Man the stout caps'n an' heave with a will!
Way, hay, roll an' go!
Soon we'll be drivin' her 'way down the hill,

Way, hay, roll an' go!

Soon we'll be warping her out through the locks!
Way, hay, roll an' go!
Where the pretty young gals all come down in their flocks,
-- Heave a pawl, o heave away!
Way, hay, roll an' go!

We're outward bound for Vallipo Bay!
Way, hay, roll an' go!
Get crackin', m' lads, 'tis a hell o' a way,

Way, hay, roll an' go!

Way, hay, roll an' go!

The next group of dragons to arrive kicked up quite a cacophony as they came up from below deck. Krashos, the weapons ‘expert’, appeared with his two powder monkeys, Iceclaw and Indime toting more tables and chairs as the cook, Penne, reamed them out, telling them to be careful and if they bumped her one more time they might just find some hemlock in their rations tomorrow. I think it’s safe to say that the singing had stopped as soon as the hatch to below decks had opened and the noise had ensued.

Penne herself was carrying baskets of food and alcohol fit for sailors, as well as a few of her fancier whiskey glasses. As soon as the other table and chairs were set up, Penne fixed the now two tables up and poured herself a glass of Scotch, scowling at Krashos and his goons. Penne downed her first glass and set it on a chair, claiming her place to sit, before heading back below deck for a minute. Indime and Iceclaw loudly roughhoused before Krashos joined in with the intent of breaking them up and quieting them down, but only making it worse. Penne reappeared soon enough with her snare drum and threatened to use all of their heads as her new drum set if they didn’t cut it out and quit disturbing Aaemi and everyone else singing. They quickly stopped and sat down with everyone else before loudly joining in with their various tenor pitches as Aaemi started up playing his accordion again. Penne joined in with her drum as she thought it was appropriate.

After fourteen years I left the sea, for a life upon a lake
After all the storms I'd seen, I needed a good break
I thought still waters would mean peace for me
But that was a mistake
For the place I chose was bedevilled by a giant, evil drake

A mallard of such malice, twice the size of any man
A bill to give you nightmares and a monsterous wingspan
You cannot hope to fight it, so avoid him if you can
That terrifying waterfoul, the beast beyond the dam

Row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might
Row with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight
Row-ho, row-ho, and with any luck
We'll win the day and do away the dreaded Moby Duck

I'm not one for surrender, so a vengeful oath I swore
I gathered up me hearties like so many times before
We shod our ship with weapons and prepared to go to war
'Til the fetid, feathered, fearsome, flying duck will breathe no more

Row-ho, row-ho and with any luck
-- There was bonnie brave Marie, who to her arms had waved goodbye
And handsome Jack whose duck-attack left him without an eye
The Darby twins with one leg each on deck were standing by
Only a couple dozen limbs between a crew of twenty-five

Row-ho, row-ho and with any luck

The fight raged on for several hours, defend and then attack
With beatings from those wicked wings, our boat began to crack
The beast reared up to finish the job, and with a mighty quack...
(Quack)
I rammed my harpoon in his throat and made a tasty snack

Row-ho, row-ho, row us back to shore
We'll drag his broken body back and roast it on an oar
Row-ho, row-ho, barbecue the beast, with hoisin sauce and pancakes
We will have the biggest feast

Oh, row-ho, row-ho, row with all our might
We rowed with harpoons loaded and spoiling for a fight
Row-ho, row-ho, we had all the luck
We won the day and did away the dreaded Moby Duck

We won the day and did away the dreaded Moby Duck!
(Quack)

Raknyi and Kolinsky arrived just as the group finished their song. Kolinsky brought with him a bottle of his favorite merlot despite thinking that no one was going to try it, and his guitar. Raknyi, the ship’s surgeon and doctor brought with her a couple bottles of her grandfather’s famous Ashfall whiskey and her trumpet along with a tambourine for anyone who wanted to use it. Once she had poured herself, Aaemi, and Penne glasses, then let everyone else dry out the bottles, Kolinsky and Raknyi sat down with the group and chatted as Aaemi played a bit of background music and waited for the last two dragons on the ship to arrive. He was also keeping an eye on the time and their current course, though he had almost no doubt that Amethyst was watching their course vehemently.

Finally, Captain Ace and his daughter Staria, the boson, came out of the captain’s quarters and joined in the festivities. The captain immediately sat down and started a loud conversation with Malchidace, both of their deep, booming voices almost echoing across the sea. Staria went after Kolinsky and started pushing his buttons like she was his little sister. Raknyi watched them and gave them dangerous looks when they started getting too rowdy. Aaemi started up another song as everyone talked, trying to get Staria and Kolinsky to stop batting at each other, and Krashos, Iceclaw, and Indime to stop screwing around. Everyone slowly came and sat down as Aaemi started singing;

Oh Santiana gained the day
Away Santianna!
Now pull the yan up the west they say
Along the plains of Mexico

Well heave her up and away we'll go
Away Santiana!
Heave her up and away we'll go

She's a fast clipper ship and a bully good crew
Away Santiana!
And an old salty Yank for a captain too

Away Santiana!
-- Santiana fought for gold
Away Santiana!
Around Cape Horn through the ice and snow

Away Santiana!

'Twas on the field of Molly-Del-Rey
Away Santiana!
Well both his legs got blown away

Away Santiana!
-- It was a fierce and bitter strife
Away Santiana!
The general Taylor took his life

Away Santiana!

Santiana now we mourn
Away Santiana!
We left him buried off Cape Horn

After that song, Aaemi put down his accordion and let everyone talk while they were sitting down. He finally took the opportunity to go get some snacks and a few drinks. Then joined in the chatter himself.

Once it started getting late, Aaemi grabbed Amethyst and plotted how much longer it would take to get to the Dark Lightning Clan. Doing the math and double checking Amethyst’s numbers for him, Aaemi figured they’d be at the port no later than 10 A.M. tomorrow if they dropped anchor now and hoisted it at 6 that morning. After getting Captain Ace to make the call, the sails were raised, the anchor was dropped, and everyone started realizing how late it was getting to be. Ace decided that they would do one last song before everyone was sent to quarters. Aaemi stretched and grabbed his accordion while Kolinsky made sure his guitar was tuned, Raknyi and Penne stowed their instruments and got ready to sing with everyone else. Aaemi started the first verse, then everyone joined in for the refrain;

Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme
Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine
Come lift up your voices, all grief to refrain
For we may or might never all meet here again

So here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let's drink and be merry all out of one glass
Let's drink and be merry, all grief to refrain

Everyone went quiet and Ace took the next verse;

Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well
For style and for beauty there's none can excel
There's a smile on her countenance as she sits upon my knee
There is no man in this wide world as happy as me

As everyone finished the chorus again, Aaemi let Kolinsky sing the last verse;

Our ship lies at anchor, she is ready to dock
I wish her safe landing without any shock
And if ever I should meet you by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me

As the last few notes rang out over the water, everyone quietly picked up a little before heading to bed, happy with how they sang tonight and how much fun they had. However, they needed their rest; the Dark Lightning Clan was expecting them tomorrow and they had to be ready to work and unload their cargo.

Shanties; Randy Dandy-O, Moby Duck, Santiana, Here's a Health to the Company
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
@Zorua345

OOOOOOOOOOOO You'll have to keep me updateddddd
@Zorua345

OOOOOOOOOOOO You'll have to keep me updateddddd
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
Just realized I've hit one year on the Anthology WOOO *party blower noises*
Just realized I've hit one year on the Anthology WOOO *party blower noises*
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
WOOOOOOOOO

*yeets cake*
WOOOOOOOOO

*yeets cake*
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
You wanna know what's really comfortable? Flopping down in a pile of fresh powder snow.
OR
If you don't have snow and your floors are clean, a nice pile of blankets fresh out of the dryer is even better.
You wanna know what's really comfortable? Flopping down in a pile of fresh powder snow.
OR
If you don't have snow and your floors are clean, a nice pile of blankets fresh out of the dryer is even better.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
Why I Should Never Be In Charge of What Plays Over the Loudspeakers In Any Public Building
I wanted to take this time to inform the public and possible future employers why I should never be allowed to play anything over any loudspeakers without proper adult supervision. I have compiled a list of public buildings and such as well as what terrible things my childish impulses would play over the aforementioned intercoms. I would hope that taking a look at the list and using some of the links provided will show the reader exactly why I'm making this claim. Thank you for reading.

Courthouses - Gyakuten Winner, Ace Attorney
Windmills - Song of Storms, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Schools - Battle! Elite Four, Pokemon Black/White
Streets of New York - A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton
US/Mexico Border - Gerudo Valley Remix, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Ships or Boats of Any Kind - He's A Pirate, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jewelers - Bejeweled 2 OST, Bejeweled 2
- - - Mortuaries - Astronomia, Vicetone & Tony Igy
Sports Stadiums - The Final Countdown Cover, Juan Manuel Pacheco
Office Buildings - The Office Theme, The Office
Go-Cart Tracks - Giorno's Theme, JoJo's Bizarre Adveture
NASCAR Tracks - Deja Vu, Initial D
Docks - My Heart Will Go On, Titanic
DMV Offices - sans., Undertale
Fashion Shows - Death By Glamour, Undertale
Why I Should Never Be In Charge of What Plays Over the Loudspeakers In Any Public Building
I wanted to take this time to inform the public and possible future employers why I should never be allowed to play anything over any loudspeakers without proper adult supervision. I have compiled a list of public buildings and such as well as what terrible things my childish impulses would play over the aforementioned intercoms. I would hope that taking a look at the list and using some of the links provided will show the reader exactly why I'm making this claim. Thank you for reading.

Courthouses - Gyakuten Winner, Ace Attorney
Windmills - Song of Storms, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Schools - Battle! Elite Four, Pokemon Black/White
Streets of New York - A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton
US/Mexico Border - Gerudo Valley Remix, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Ships or Boats of Any Kind - He's A Pirate, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jewelers - Bejeweled 2 OST, Bejeweled 2
- - - Mortuaries - Astronomia, Vicetone & Tony Igy
Sports Stadiums - The Final Countdown Cover, Juan Manuel Pacheco
Office Buildings - The Office Theme, The Office
Go-Cart Tracks - Giorno's Theme, JoJo's Bizarre Adveture
NASCAR Tracks - Deja Vu, Initial D
Docks - My Heart Will Go On, Titanic
DMV Offices - sans., Undertale
Fashion Shows - Death By Glamour, Undertale
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
Existential dread. Anyone else start questioning if everything really matters when you get really upset and lose hope? You start contemplating very deep things that you can't for the life of you remember after the fact, even though you know you made very good points but were too distraught about whatever you were flipping out about to write them down. Then you start thinking- after you've regathered your sanity- that it's probably for the best?

On another note, I can only think of one time I've truly snapped. Like; lost my mind, my original relatively good-natured self was completely gone, and I actually felt like killing something. It felt fantastic at the time; but once I started looking back at it, it was absolutely terrifying- feeling like something horrbile was whispering in your ear and you eating up every horrendous thing it was thinking.
All because you had forgotten to grab a knife for chores so your parents could cut the netwrap or twine off of the bales you were going to use, then fumbling over the fence on your way up to the house and limping the whole way up because you slipped on the icy planks and hit the ground hard.

If this is what goes through my mind when I'm hopeful and rather stable, I'd hate to see what I'd write down with the contrary...
Existential dread. Anyone else start questioning if everything really matters when you get really upset and lose hope? You start contemplating very deep things that you can't for the life of you remember after the fact, even though you know you made very good points but were too distraught about whatever you were flipping out about to write them down. Then you start thinking- after you've regathered your sanity- that it's probably for the best?

On another note, I can only think of one time I've truly snapped. Like; lost my mind, my original relatively good-natured self was completely gone, and I actually felt like killing something. It felt fantastic at the time; but once I started looking back at it, it was absolutely terrifying- feeling like something horrbile was whispering in your ear and you eating up every horrendous thing it was thinking.
All because you had forgotten to grab a knife for chores so your parents could cut the netwrap or twine off of the bales you were going to use, then fumbling over the fence on your way up to the house and limping the whole way up because you slipped on the icy planks and hit the ground hard.

If this is what goes through my mind when I'm hopeful and rather stable, I'd hate to see what I'd write down with the contrary...
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][size=5]Three years can do a lot to someone- and their art style.[/size][/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/b9ZvvQx.png[/img] [nextcol]<-- Almost three years ago[/columns] [columns]A month ago --> [nextcol][color=transparent]--[/color][img]https://imgur.com/qj6ILin.png[/img][/columns] [size=2][s]idk guess I feel like flexin tonight[/s][/size]
Three years can do a lot to someone- and their art style.
b9ZvvQx.png <-- Almost three years ago
A month ago --> --qj6ILin.png
idk guess I feel like flexin tonight
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
@Zorua345

THAT ART IS MWAH
@Zorua345

THAT ART IS MWAH
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67062839][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/670629/67062839.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62669794][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626698/62669794.png[/img][/url] [font=times][i]Akimbo | Alizeh[/i][/font] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/center] [font=cambria]Stepping into the streets of Galestrom, Akimbo Falacius smiled a wide, crooked grin. Everything about him was crooked; his grin, the way he stood- tightly gripping his cane but barely leaning on it, the placement of his cane, his top hat almost slipping over one of his two different colored eyes, and his dark monocle hanging off his face. He stood in the street and gazed at all the buildings, twitching inadvertently as he slowly turned to take it all in. Finally, his twitching red and yellow eyes stopped on one of the storefronts. [i]Tranquil Ponds Art and Tea[/i]. He didn't necessarily recognize the name, but it did sound familiar. His grin deepened as he picked up his cane and walked towards the door, his body jerking uncontrollably. Stepping through the doorway, his head jerked upwards as he heard a small bell on the door make his presence known to the proprietor. Akimbo couldn't see anyone in the main room of the tea shop, but he noticed a few other doorways that most likely led to different rooms in the dining portion of the 'cafe' or to the kitchen or a supply closet. "I'll be right with you!" Came a voice from behind one of the doors. Unable to keep from smirking, Akimbo sat down in an upholstered chair and cursed his tics inwardly. Having no control over his body jumping around all day every day was tiring, and he often found himself having to sit down or, at the very least, lean heavily on his cane to keep from falling over- which was already nearly impossible with his twitching. "Do take your time!" Akimbo replied to the voice, "I'm in no rush, and I wouldn't want you hurting yourself!" Akimbo heard a small clatter as he finished talking, and couldn't keep his crooked grin from growing as a pale beige and green Imperial rushed through the door from the kitchen and stared at him in disbelief. His head cocked to one side and he clicked his tongue a few times. "My dear Alizeh!" He said, roughly standing up. "What has it been? Three years?" He said, his fingers jumping all over the shiny stone that topped his cane. "Not long enough, Bo." The Imperial replied. "I thought you were still hung up in the Isles." She frowned at him. "Now now my dear, can't we just let by-gones be by-gones?" He cooed. "Please, let's sit and have a simple chat like normal folk. Why must everyone treat me as if their demise had just walked through their door?" "Because in all technicality, it did." Alizeh spat, crossing her arms and going behind her counter. Akimbo's face twitched as he wondered what she was doing. He then turned away and sat back down in his previous chair, watching Alizeh closely. The soft beige Imperial pulled out a matching teapot and pair of cups. Though Bo was obviously not her friend, Alizeh wasn’t going to let that stop her from giving him nearly the same hospitality she gave to everyone who had ever entered her store. “Alizeh, is everything alright out there?” Came another voice from the kitchen. “Yes, everything is fine. Just another customer, I can take care of them.” Alizeh replied through the small window into the kitchen behind the counter. She turned to the stove and started some water, then turned back to the teapot and cups and started rubbing one of the cups furiously with a towel. As soon as the kettle started to gently whistle, she pulled it off the flame and poured the water into the teapot. Dropping a tea bag into the steaming water, Alizeh produced a small plate of cookies from under the counter and carried it and the cups over to a small table near Bo while she waited for the tea to brew. Akimbo watched her with silent, jittering eyes, not quite sure how to react to one of his most despised ex-clients providing him with tea and cookies. Finally, Alizeh brought over the teapot on a tray with a matching sugar dish and miniature honey pot. “So what brings you to Galestrom?” Alizeh asked, sitting down in a padded chair opposite Akimbo and pouring herself a cup of tea. “Business as usual, you know how it is.” Akimbo replied, narrowing his twitchy eyes at the tea and cookies so readily put in front of him. “I really don’t.” Alizeh said. “I run a tea and art shop, not a whole mafia gang.” She sipped her tea nonchalantly, as if instead of saying ‘mafia gang’ she had said ‘general store’. Akimbo’s eyebrows twitched and he chuckled slightly, “I’m merely here for a couple of days to see if that port of yours is really as busy as I’m hearing.” Akimbo said, relaxing in his chair a little and finally grabbing the other cup. He tried picking up the pot, but as soon as Alizeh heard the top start sliding with Bo’s tics, she gently grabbed it from him with one hand and steadied his cup with the other as she poured the tea into it. She handed him a saucer to use so the tea wouldn’t get all over her fancy upholstery, and opened the sugar bowl for him. Akimbo still had no idea how to react, so he simply nodded in thanks and shakily dropped a sugar cube into his tea. “I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, the Tidefalls port really took off once construction of the docks was finished. Riptide has become very proud of his once decimated town.” Alizeh said, taking a cookie. “Ah yes, I heard about Riptide and his daughter. Is it really true they and two other dragons had amnesia?” Bo said, carefully stirring his tea and taking a sip. “Yes, as far as I know. Neither them nor Luan or Almouza could remember anything after that storm about a year ago. It completely wiped the town and their memories. Until Myren helped them, that is.” Alizeh said, shrugging and taking a bite of her cookie. “I think I’ve heard of Myren as well. Isn’t she the promising young mage with a knack for navigating the spirit realm?” Bo said, relaxing his grip on the tea cup slightly. He took a deep breath and felt his twitching subside a little. “I believe so. Our spiritist taught her everything she knows, and now Myren is due to take a trip to the Water domain to further her training if possible. She’s also trying to find a way to use more magic than just her birth element. Wouldn’t that be something? Being born in one element but knowing exactly how to use another element’s magic.” “Fascinating.” Akimbo said, taking a cookie. “Do you know if this Myren is in town today? Or would I have to go looking for her?” “Now what business do you have with Myren? I thought you were here to see the Tidefalls port!” Alizeh said, refilling her cup. “I simply wanted to ask her about her studies,” Akimbo said, giving Alizeh his signature jagged grin. “It’s quite interesting how someone can be so adept at magic at such a young age. Why, some of us barely have any magic at all.” He snapped his fingers and a few light pink sparks weakly flew from them as he downed the rest of his tea. “I believe we make our own magic, not necessarily that it’s taught to us. Myren’s special, we can all feel it- the spiritist especially. Myren just needs to find out what to do with all that magic, I get the feeling she’ll be a major part in some kind magical break-through in a few years if her Water training proves to be of any use.” Alizeh said. Akimbo couldn’t stop the smile once again creeping up onto his face. It seemed he might have more to do here than just examine some docks that suddenly gained popularity. “Well, I’m sorry for dropping in on you like I did, and it seems it’s about time for me to take my leave.” Bo said, checking his pocket watch. He could feel his tics coming back. “Time waits for no man, and it certainly won’t wait for me.” He chuckled and got up from his chair, accidentally skewing it sideways. “Thank you for your gratuitous hospitality, but I think we can both agree that I’d be better off bothering someone else, hm?” “I suppose.” Alizeh simply replied, barely looking up from her cup. As Akimbo hurriedly jittered his way out her door, Alizeh raised an eyebrow. A Pearlcatcher exited the kitchen and walked over to Alizeh. “Who was that?” He asked. “A nightmare straight from hell. Don’t tell me you didn’t recognize the Falacius family’s new head? That was Akimbo Falacius.” She answered. The Pearlcatcher stared out the window at Akimbo jerking down the street, horrified that that devilspawn had made his way to Galestrom. “No.” He looked at Alizeh disbelievingly. “No! A Falacius? Here?! I- I-I can’t-” The Pearlcatcher trailed off as he went back into the kitchen, leaving Alizeh sitting in her chair and wondering why Akimbo had decided to show up here. What was he planning? [center]~ ~ ~[/center] [font=cambria]Akimbo laughed and convulsed uncontrollably at his luck, causing many passersby to give him a wide berth or turn around completely. What were the chances?! Not just a promising place to send and receive his products, but also a promising mage?! And a young one! If he could get her on his side, she could work for him most likely until the day he left this miserable plane! Now all he needed was a plan, one that would guarantee he got both the port [i]and[/i] this Myren is his grasp. This was already turning out perfect. Who knew his trip to this slipshod rat trap would actually be worth it?!
67062839.png 62669794.png
Akimbo | Alizeh
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stepping into the streets of Galestrom, Akimbo Falacius smiled a wide, crooked grin. Everything about him was crooked; his grin, the way he stood- tightly gripping his cane but barely leaning on it, the placement of his cane, his top hat almost slipping over one of his two different colored eyes, and his dark monocle hanging off his face. He stood in the street and gazed at all the buildings, twitching inadvertently as he slowly turned to take it all in. Finally, his twitching red and yellow eyes stopped on one of the storefronts. Tranquil Ponds Art and Tea. He didn't necessarily recognize the name, but it did sound familiar. His grin deepened as he picked up his cane and walked towards the door, his body jerking uncontrollably.

Stepping through the doorway, his head jerked upwards as he heard a small bell on the door make his presence known to the proprietor. Akimbo couldn't see anyone in the main room of the tea shop, but he noticed a few other doorways that most likely led to different rooms in the dining portion of the 'cafe' or to the kitchen or a supply closet.

"I'll be right with you!" Came a voice from behind one of the doors. Unable to keep from smirking, Akimbo sat down in an upholstered chair and cursed his tics inwardly. Having no control over his body jumping around all day every day was tiring, and he often found himself having to sit down or, at the very least, lean heavily on his cane to keep from falling over- which was already nearly impossible with his twitching.

"Do take your time!" Akimbo replied to the voice, "I'm in no rush, and I wouldn't want you hurting yourself!" Akimbo heard a small clatter as he finished talking, and couldn't keep his crooked grin from growing as a pale beige and green Imperial rushed through the door from the kitchen and stared at him in disbelief. His head cocked to one side and he clicked his tongue a few times.

"My dear Alizeh!" He said, roughly standing up. "What has it been? Three years?" He said, his fingers jumping all over the shiny stone that topped his cane.

"Not long enough, Bo." The Imperial replied. "I thought you were still hung up in the Isles." She frowned at him.

"Now now my dear, can't we just let by-gones be by-gones?" He cooed. "Please, let's sit and have a simple chat like normal folk. Why must everyone treat me as if their demise had just walked through their door?"

"Because in all technicality, it did." Alizeh spat, crossing her arms and going behind her counter. Akimbo's face twitched as he wondered what she was doing. He then turned away and sat back down in his previous chair, watching Alizeh closely.

The soft beige Imperial pulled out a matching teapot and pair of cups. Though Bo was obviously not her friend, Alizeh wasn’t going to let that stop her from giving him nearly the same hospitality she gave to everyone who had ever entered her store.

“Alizeh, is everything alright out there?” Came another voice from the kitchen.

“Yes, everything is fine. Just another customer, I can take care of them.” Alizeh replied through the small window into the kitchen behind the counter. She turned to the stove and started some water, then turned back to the teapot and cups and started rubbing one of the cups furiously with a towel. As soon as the kettle started to gently whistle, she pulled it off the flame and poured the water into the teapot. Dropping a tea bag into the steaming water, Alizeh produced a small plate of cookies from under the counter and carried it and the cups over to a small table near Bo while she waited for the tea to brew.

Akimbo watched her with silent, jittering eyes, not quite sure how to react to one of his most despised ex-clients providing him with tea and cookies.

Finally, Alizeh brought over the teapot on a tray with a matching sugar dish and miniature honey pot.

“So what brings you to Galestrom?” Alizeh asked, sitting down in a padded chair opposite Akimbo and pouring herself a cup of tea.

“Business as usual, you know how it is.” Akimbo replied, narrowing his twitchy eyes at the tea and cookies so readily put in front of him.

“I really don’t.” Alizeh said. “I run a tea and art shop, not a whole mafia gang.” She sipped her tea nonchalantly, as if instead of saying ‘mafia gang’ she had said ‘general store’. Akimbo’s eyebrows twitched and he chuckled slightly,

“I’m merely here for a couple of days to see if that port of yours is really as busy as I’m hearing.” Akimbo said, relaxing in his chair a little and finally grabbing the other cup. He tried picking up the pot, but as soon as Alizeh heard the top start sliding with Bo’s tics, she gently grabbed it from him with one hand and steadied his cup with the other as she poured the tea into it. She handed him a saucer to use so the tea wouldn’t get all over her fancy upholstery, and opened the sugar bowl for him.

Akimbo still had no idea how to react, so he simply nodded in thanks and shakily dropped a sugar cube into his tea.

“I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, the Tidefalls port really took off once construction of the docks was finished. Riptide has become very proud of his once decimated town.” Alizeh said, taking a cookie.

“Ah yes, I heard about Riptide and his daughter. Is it really true they and two other dragons had amnesia?” Bo said, carefully stirring his tea and taking a sip.

“Yes, as far as I know. Neither them nor Luan or Almouza could remember anything after that storm about a year ago. It completely wiped the town and their memories. Until Myren helped them, that is.” Alizeh said, shrugging and taking a bite of her cookie.

“I think I’ve heard of Myren as well. Isn’t she the promising young mage with a knack for navigating the spirit realm?” Bo said, relaxing his grip on the tea cup slightly. He took a deep breath and felt his twitching subside a little.

“I believe so. Our spiritist taught her everything she knows, and now Myren is due to take a trip to the Water domain to further her training if possible. She’s also trying to find a way to use more magic than just her birth element. Wouldn’t that be something? Being born in one element but knowing exactly how to use another element’s magic.”

“Fascinating.” Akimbo said, taking a cookie. “Do you know if this Myren is in town today? Or would I have to go looking for her?”

“Now what business do you have with Myren? I thought you were here to see the Tidefalls port!” Alizeh said, refilling her cup.

“I simply wanted to ask her about her studies,” Akimbo said, giving Alizeh his signature jagged grin. “It’s quite interesting how someone can be so adept at magic at such a young age. Why, some of us barely have any magic at all.” He snapped his fingers and a few light pink sparks weakly flew from them as he downed the rest of his tea.

“I believe we make our own magic, not necessarily that it’s taught to us. Myren’s special, we can all feel it- the spiritist especially. Myren just needs to find out what to do with all that magic, I get the feeling she’ll be a major part in some kind magical break-through in a few years if her Water training proves to be of any use.” Alizeh said.

Akimbo couldn’t stop the smile once again creeping up onto his face. It seemed he might have more to do here than just examine some docks that suddenly gained popularity.

“Well, I’m sorry for dropping in on you like I did, and it seems it’s about time for me to take my leave.” Bo said, checking his pocket watch. He could feel his tics coming back. “Time waits for no man, and it certainly won’t wait for me.” He chuckled and got up from his chair, accidentally skewing it sideways. “Thank you for your gratuitous hospitality, but I think we can both agree that I’d be better off bothering someone else, hm?”

“I suppose.” Alizeh simply replied, barely looking up from her cup. As Akimbo hurriedly jittered his way out her door, Alizeh raised an eyebrow.

A Pearlcatcher exited the kitchen and walked over to Alizeh.

“Who was that?” He asked.

“A nightmare straight from hell. Don’t tell me you didn’t recognize the Falacius family’s new head? That was Akimbo Falacius.” She answered. The Pearlcatcher stared out the window at Akimbo jerking down the street, horrified that that devilspawn had made his way to Galestrom.

“No.” He looked at Alizeh disbelievingly. “No! A Falacius? Here?! I- I-I can’t-” The Pearlcatcher trailed off as he went back into the kitchen, leaving Alizeh sitting in her chair and wondering why Akimbo had decided to show up here. What was he planning?

~ ~ ~

Akimbo laughed and convulsed uncontrollably at his luck, causing many passersby to give him a wide berth or turn around completely.

What were the chances?! Not just a promising place to send and receive his products, but also a promising mage?! And a young one! If he could get her on his side, she could work for him most likely until the day he left this miserable plane! Now all he needed was a plan, one that would guarantee he got both the port and this Myren is his grasp.

This was already turning out perfect. Who knew his trip to this slipshod rat trap would actually be worth it?!
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11