Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Haps' Anthology
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
This was my first draft for the NotN prompt before I went back through and reread the prompt. This was the branch that told how everyone got ready to go beat up Thana instead of going to defend their own home.
Quote:
"Thana..." The elder, Petalmonarch, repeated. "I'm not sure that I recognize
the name. I'm sure Myren could possibly tell us something about this Thana." She calls a livid black Coatl with shining green wings over.

"How could they? Why would they? We never did anything to them!" The
Coatl mutters hurrying over, chancing a glace up at the kite her clan called home. Her temper disappears as she gets closer. "You called, Petal?"

"Yes," Petalmonarch looks up at the kite, then to Myren, "this Nocturne says
the other was taken by Thana. Can you remember anything about a Thana from any of the books you've read?"

Myren winces as she thinks of all the books laid to waste in the mimic's
attack. "I'm not sure," Her eyes dart back and forth as if she were quickly trying to read a manuscript, then they go wide, "Actually, I think I do. I read this book of old Shadow fables a few years ago and, if I remember correctly, Thana was the name of an old Mimic who lived in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent and was employed by the Shadowbinder to maintain the fouled pool in the center of the ruined temple. Legend has it she captures the dragons daring enough to try and clean the pool to try and use its clairvoyant powers, and she basically ingests them and turns them slowly and painfully into the goo she uses to desecrate the pool."

"That sounds about right," Voidsong says, "except that she is very much real,
and you don't see her until it's too late."

The other two dragons (or rather, one; the other dragon, a black Wildclaw, is
pacing and fuming, yelling up at the kite and bristling) that had been tending to Nightsong came over and start tending to Voidsong (well, the other dark green Coatl does, the Wildclaw continues ranting up at the kite).

"Alright, hold still. What hurts?" The green Coatl asks Voidsong.

"U-uh, just a couple of bumps, nothing to be that worried about. I'll live." Voidsong stutters as his sister limps over, smiling to assure him that she was okay. The green Coatl wrapped in a thick leaf garb laughs and pulls out some salves in her pouch.

"You're funny, I like you. But now's not the time. Now, where does it hurt? Or
I'm going to have to start poking you until you yelp." She fires back.

"Seriously, I'm fine, don't worry about me." Voidsong answers as he feels a
pang in his wing. The green Coatl huffs a defeated sigh and looks at Myren.

"You mind?" She asks, gesturing to Voidsong.

Myren cracks her knuckles and smiles. "Not at all." She cups her hands
and focuses until they start to glow slightly. Then she slams one hand into Voidsong's chest and he feels all his pain disappear.

"There," Myren says, offering her hand to help him up. "A spell I learned from
a book in the library. It's excellent for fixing up scrapes and bumps without actually have to know where they are."

"What's your name, stranger?" Petalmonarch asks Voidsong. "I'm
Petalmonarch-"

"And I'm Myren," The black Coatl interrupts, helping Voidsong to his feet.

"That's Jumanji, and that black Wildclaw is Noctbloom." She motions to the green Coatl, who smirks evilly, then to the black Wildclaw who was still pacing and flaring her wings.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Voidsong and this is my sister Nightsong."
Voidsong replies.

"It's nice to meet you! Mind if we call you Void? And you Night? It's just
a little confusing when both your names end in 'song'. Not that that's bad or anything but-" Myren starts, but then Noctbloom interrupts,

"Sorry to break up the party, but shouldn't we get moving? If we don't get
back up there, the kite's gonna fall! And I'm just itching to shred some more mimics." She almost shivers in joy at the thought of mimics crushed in her grasp.
Petalmonarch sighs. "We actually can't, we need to go find their teacher. And
we only have tonight to do it."

"Oh, come ONNN." Noctbloom groans, "You seriously think Archeus can hold
them off without two of his healers and his best fighter?" She motions to Myren and Jumanji when she says 'healers' and to herself when she says 'best fighter'.
Petalmonarch facepalms,

"He'll be fine, his wife is one of the best healers in the clan- no offense," She glances at Jumanji, "And your apprentices Schade and Vanity can tear through mimics as easily as you."

"I hate to interrupt, but shouldn't we be going? Shadowsong won't last the
night in Thana's grasp." Nightsong interrupts.

"Where exactly should we go?" Noctbloom asks, "Thana could be anywhere
by now, and if we have to fly all the way across the continent, your teacher's as good as gone."

Voidsong looks at Myren, "Did your book of fables say anything about her
having a secret lair? And I suppose it's alright if you call us that."

Myren puts her head in her hand and thinks. "I think so? But I can't remember
where." She frowns, but her head plumage fluffs back up as she gets an idea. "But I do remember where the book is, anybody want to guess where?"

"The kite." Nightsong and Noctbloom say simultaneously. Nightsong's face
falls as Noctbloom bristles in anticipation.

"Yup," Myren says. "in my nook near the library's ceiling. Noctbloom and I will
go, you four meet us by the forge in half an hour, if we're not back by then start flying towards the Crescent as fast as you can, it's the best bet we have." Myren jumps into the air and heads back up towards the kite. Noctbloom follows twitching with excitement.

"Well, you heard her. Let's get to the forge." Jumanji says. "Can you fly,
Night? It's not that far, but it would be faster to fly."

"Yeah, I'll be fine, let's go." Nightsong replies stiffly taking off.

- - - - -

"Quick, get inside! Icecap just came with the message and Evroult, Magiere,
and I were just about to head out to go help." Said a black Coatl with bright blue wings as he ushered everyone inside the tall blacksmith building which had a laboratory on the second floor.

"You'd better hurry, I'm not sure how long they'll be able to hold out. Archeus
needs every able dragon he can find. Myren and Noctbloom were with us but they headed back up to the kite to find a book that we need to help find these Nocturnes' teacher who was taken by the mimics." Jumanji says.

"You mean Myren's up there? Is she alright?" The blue-winged Coatl asks, frazzled.

"She was fine, relax Raiden. Her and Noctbloom can take care of themselves."
Petalmonarch answers as a black-and-white Skydancer comes running down the stairs and almosts bumps into Raiden, his alchemy bag full of toxic chemicals almost falling off his shoulder. After him comes a mottled brown and navy Nocturne covered in mechanical components crackling with electricity.

"Come on Raiden, we can't waste much time!" Says the Nocturne, being
careful not to touch anyone or anything with his electrified armor.

"Right, I'm coming. You guys start heading towards the kite." Raiden replies,
strapping on a pair of gloves with sharpened claws on the fingers, but notices one of the pinky claws is missing. He runs over to a white Coatl who seems to be sharpening something and hands the last claw up to Raiden when he sees him coming over. Raiden clicks the last claw into place and runs back towards the door, almost running into Myren and Noctbloom trying to get inside.

"We have the book!" Noctbloom yells, shoving past Myren who catapulted
herself at Raiden to give him a hug. Noctbloom throws the book at Jumanji who leafs through the book until she finds the fable. She reads aloud,

"Once a year, on Nocturne's Night,
Thana emerges to cause a fright;
Startling hatchlings and feeding on fears,
she steals them away to her den of tears;
Turning them slowly to piles of muck,
though they fight to be free they don't have much luck;
For those daring enough to rescue their friends,
she ensures their nightmares never have ends;
Waiting in silence, she crouches and prowls,
taking the shapes of mushrooms and owls;
And then at last when the moon is high,
she feasts upon those who to her castle draw nigh;
The rest of the night she spends working and toiling,
refreshing the pool of which she is soiling;
Dragons and children of Shadow alike,
beware this cursed beast in terror bedight."

"Well that doesn't sound at all terrifying." Noctbloom says when Jumanji finishes. She
looks at the illustration on the other page.

"You said it." Myren says walking over with Raiden. "Check the footnote, I
think that says where her hideout is." Jumanji looks at the bottom of the page and reads aloud:

"To those brave enough to look, you can find Thana's lair in the brambles
fighting for life in the land of ash."

"There's your 'den of tears'." Raiden says. "We need to go, I can't leave
Archeus waiting much longer." He looks at Myren and smiles. "Make sure you come back in one piece." He laughs.

"I will, you just make sure you don't die before I can tell you about our adventure."
Myren smiles back at him and gives him one more tight hug before Raiden hurriedly runs out the door and flies in the direction of the kite with the Skydancer and Nocturne. The white Coatl from earlier jogs over and dumps a bunch of weapons on the ground in front of everyone and hums something to Myren.

"Oh, thank you, Schlamm! We'll definitely put these to good use." She smiles at
him and he nods before jogging back to the furnace work on a dagger. "These are for us," Myren continues. "Schlamm, our blacksmith, got straight to work fixing and sharpening whatever weapons he could find when Icecap, our courier, got here to tell everyone that the mimics attacked. And he did quite a lot in the little time he had." She chuckles, then walks over to a weapon rack by the door and grabs a sword almost as long as her and pulls the sheath over her head so the sword lays across her back. She then walks back to the weapon pile and picks out a shortsword. Petalmonarch picks out a dagger and prays she won't have to use it, Jumanji picks out a rapier, and Noctbloom picks out a pair of butterfly swords, thinking that they could not possibly be sharper than her own claws. Voidsong and Nightsong both pick out longswords and hope they can figure out how to use them.

Noctbloom straightens up and starts walking towards the door. "Well, let's go.
Any of you every been to the Ashfall Waste?"
This was my first draft for the NotN prompt before I went back through and reread the prompt. This was the branch that told how everyone got ready to go beat up Thana instead of going to defend their own home.
Quote:
"Thana..." The elder, Petalmonarch, repeated. "I'm not sure that I recognize
the name. I'm sure Myren could possibly tell us something about this Thana." She calls a livid black Coatl with shining green wings over.

"How could they? Why would they? We never did anything to them!" The
Coatl mutters hurrying over, chancing a glace up at the kite her clan called home. Her temper disappears as she gets closer. "You called, Petal?"

"Yes," Petalmonarch looks up at the kite, then to Myren, "this Nocturne says
the other was taken by Thana. Can you remember anything about a Thana from any of the books you've read?"

Myren winces as she thinks of all the books laid to waste in the mimic's
attack. "I'm not sure," Her eyes dart back and forth as if she were quickly trying to read a manuscript, then they go wide, "Actually, I think I do. I read this book of old Shadow fables a few years ago and, if I remember correctly, Thana was the name of an old Mimic who lived in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent and was employed by the Shadowbinder to maintain the fouled pool in the center of the ruined temple. Legend has it she captures the dragons daring enough to try and clean the pool to try and use its clairvoyant powers, and she basically ingests them and turns them slowly and painfully into the goo she uses to desecrate the pool."

"That sounds about right," Voidsong says, "except that she is very much real,
and you don't see her until it's too late."

The other two dragons (or rather, one; the other dragon, a black Wildclaw, is
pacing and fuming, yelling up at the kite and bristling) that had been tending to Nightsong came over and start tending to Voidsong (well, the other dark green Coatl does, the Wildclaw continues ranting up at the kite).

"Alright, hold still. What hurts?" The green Coatl asks Voidsong.

"U-uh, just a couple of bumps, nothing to be that worried about. I'll live." Voidsong stutters as his sister limps over, smiling to assure him that she was okay. The green Coatl wrapped in a thick leaf garb laughs and pulls out some salves in her pouch.

"You're funny, I like you. But now's not the time. Now, where does it hurt? Or
I'm going to have to start poking you until you yelp." She fires back.

"Seriously, I'm fine, don't worry about me." Voidsong answers as he feels a
pang in his wing. The green Coatl huffs a defeated sigh and looks at Myren.

"You mind?" She asks, gesturing to Voidsong.

Myren cracks her knuckles and smiles. "Not at all." She cups her hands
and focuses until they start to glow slightly. Then she slams one hand into Voidsong's chest and he feels all his pain disappear.

"There," Myren says, offering her hand to help him up. "A spell I learned from
a book in the library. It's excellent for fixing up scrapes and bumps without actually have to know where they are."

"What's your name, stranger?" Petalmonarch asks Voidsong. "I'm
Petalmonarch-"

"And I'm Myren," The black Coatl interrupts, helping Voidsong to his feet.

"That's Jumanji, and that black Wildclaw is Noctbloom." She motions to the green Coatl, who smirks evilly, then to the black Wildclaw who was still pacing and flaring her wings.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Voidsong and this is my sister Nightsong."
Voidsong replies.

"It's nice to meet you! Mind if we call you Void? And you Night? It's just
a little confusing when both your names end in 'song'. Not that that's bad or anything but-" Myren starts, but then Noctbloom interrupts,

"Sorry to break up the party, but shouldn't we get moving? If we don't get
back up there, the kite's gonna fall! And I'm just itching to shred some more mimics." She almost shivers in joy at the thought of mimics crushed in her grasp.
Petalmonarch sighs. "We actually can't, we need to go find their teacher. And
we only have tonight to do it."

"Oh, come ONNN." Noctbloom groans, "You seriously think Archeus can hold
them off without two of his healers and his best fighter?" She motions to Myren and Jumanji when she says 'healers' and to herself when she says 'best fighter'.
Petalmonarch facepalms,

"He'll be fine, his wife is one of the best healers in the clan- no offense," She glances at Jumanji, "And your apprentices Schade and Vanity can tear through mimics as easily as you."

"I hate to interrupt, but shouldn't we be going? Shadowsong won't last the
night in Thana's grasp." Nightsong interrupts.

"Where exactly should we go?" Noctbloom asks, "Thana could be anywhere
by now, and if we have to fly all the way across the continent, your teacher's as good as gone."

Voidsong looks at Myren, "Did your book of fables say anything about her
having a secret lair? And I suppose it's alright if you call us that."

Myren puts her head in her hand and thinks. "I think so? But I can't remember
where." She frowns, but her head plumage fluffs back up as she gets an idea. "But I do remember where the book is, anybody want to guess where?"

"The kite." Nightsong and Noctbloom say simultaneously. Nightsong's face
falls as Noctbloom bristles in anticipation.

"Yup," Myren says. "in my nook near the library's ceiling. Noctbloom and I will
go, you four meet us by the forge in half an hour, if we're not back by then start flying towards the Crescent as fast as you can, it's the best bet we have." Myren jumps into the air and heads back up towards the kite. Noctbloom follows twitching with excitement.

"Well, you heard her. Let's get to the forge." Jumanji says. "Can you fly,
Night? It's not that far, but it would be faster to fly."

"Yeah, I'll be fine, let's go." Nightsong replies stiffly taking off.

- - - - -

"Quick, get inside! Icecap just came with the message and Evroult, Magiere,
and I were just about to head out to go help." Said a black Coatl with bright blue wings as he ushered everyone inside the tall blacksmith building which had a laboratory on the second floor.

"You'd better hurry, I'm not sure how long they'll be able to hold out. Archeus
needs every able dragon he can find. Myren and Noctbloom were with us but they headed back up to the kite to find a book that we need to help find these Nocturnes' teacher who was taken by the mimics." Jumanji says.

"You mean Myren's up there? Is she alright?" The blue-winged Coatl asks, frazzled.

"She was fine, relax Raiden. Her and Noctbloom can take care of themselves."
Petalmonarch answers as a black-and-white Skydancer comes running down the stairs and almosts bumps into Raiden, his alchemy bag full of toxic chemicals almost falling off his shoulder. After him comes a mottled brown and navy Nocturne covered in mechanical components crackling with electricity.

"Come on Raiden, we can't waste much time!" Says the Nocturne, being
careful not to touch anyone or anything with his electrified armor.

"Right, I'm coming. You guys start heading towards the kite." Raiden replies,
strapping on a pair of gloves with sharpened claws on the fingers, but notices one of the pinky claws is missing. He runs over to a white Coatl who seems to be sharpening something and hands the last claw up to Raiden when he sees him coming over. Raiden clicks the last claw into place and runs back towards the door, almost running into Myren and Noctbloom trying to get inside.

"We have the book!" Noctbloom yells, shoving past Myren who catapulted
herself at Raiden to give him a hug. Noctbloom throws the book at Jumanji who leafs through the book until she finds the fable. She reads aloud,

"Once a year, on Nocturne's Night,
Thana emerges to cause a fright;
Startling hatchlings and feeding on fears,
she steals them away to her den of tears;
Turning them slowly to piles of muck,
though they fight to be free they don't have much luck;
For those daring enough to rescue their friends,
she ensures their nightmares never have ends;
Waiting in silence, she crouches and prowls,
taking the shapes of mushrooms and owls;
And then at last when the moon is high,
she feasts upon those who to her castle draw nigh;
The rest of the night she spends working and toiling,
refreshing the pool of which she is soiling;
Dragons and children of Shadow alike,
beware this cursed beast in terror bedight."

"Well that doesn't sound at all terrifying." Noctbloom says when Jumanji finishes. She
looks at the illustration on the other page.

"You said it." Myren says walking over with Raiden. "Check the footnote, I
think that says where her hideout is." Jumanji looks at the bottom of the page and reads aloud:

"To those brave enough to look, you can find Thana's lair in the brambles
fighting for life in the land of ash."

"There's your 'den of tears'." Raiden says. "We need to go, I can't leave
Archeus waiting much longer." He looks at Myren and smiles. "Make sure you come back in one piece." He laughs.

"I will, you just make sure you don't die before I can tell you about our adventure."
Myren smiles back at him and gives him one more tight hug before Raiden hurriedly runs out the door and flies in the direction of the kite with the Skydancer and Nocturne. The white Coatl from earlier jogs over and dumps a bunch of weapons on the ground in front of everyone and hums something to Myren.

"Oh, thank you, Schlamm! We'll definitely put these to good use." She smiles at
him and he nods before jogging back to the furnace work on a dagger. "These are for us," Myren continues. "Schlamm, our blacksmith, got straight to work fixing and sharpening whatever weapons he could find when Icecap, our courier, got here to tell everyone that the mimics attacked. And he did quite a lot in the little time he had." She chuckles, then walks over to a weapon rack by the door and grabs a sword almost as long as her and pulls the sheath over her head so the sword lays across her back. She then walks back to the weapon pile and picks out a shortsword. Petalmonarch picks out a dagger and prays she won't have to use it, Jumanji picks out a rapier, and Noctbloom picks out a pair of butterfly swords, thinking that they could not possibly be sharper than her own claws. Voidsong and Nightsong both pick out longswords and hope they can figure out how to use them.

Noctbloom straightens up and starts walking towards the door. "Well, let's go.
Any of you every been to the Ashfall Waste?"
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
This a piece I did for a RP thread called The Broken Pillar Mobile Inn and Tavern. It's an awesome RP and I encourage you to check it out but here's what I wrote: ----- K so let's say Fractal and Blaze paid their tabs and left, then Shaula and a few dragons from his troupe walk in, which looks a kinda like that bit the Greatest Showman when Barnum walks in with his oddities - [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24929892][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/249299/24929892.png[/img][/url] "Well here we are! You guys said you were itching to perform, and I figured I could get myself a drink while we were here. Have at!" The purple Skydancer says, taking off his blue top hat and leaning on his cane. A group of three brightly-colored Banescales, a rather small Snapper, and two pale Spirals who seemed to be twins bolted towards the stage pulling out instruments. One of the Banescales, a massive, smoking, bright blue-and-gold dragon, put out his wings and stopped everyone from overtaking the group that was already on stage. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61024600][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/610247/61024600.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59705059][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/597051/59705059.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60561149][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/605612/60561149.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60885770][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/608858/60885770.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60089411][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600895/60089411.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60701277][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/607013/60701277.png[/img][/url] "We need to let them finish." The Bane said in an incredibly low voice. "Let's not be rude." The rest of the group, but manly the other Banescales, huffed and sat down waiting for the current group to finish. "Why ya gotta be like this Ulk? You know we coulda taken 'em!" Says one of the Spirals. Both start flying incredibly fast circles around the blue Banescale. "Miff, Piff, stop it!" Says the green Banescale. "Ulk's right, we- but mainly you two- need to behave ourselves. Charging on stage and throwing off the other dragons would be-" "Epic!" "Radical!" interrupt the Spirals. "Besides, we's been itchin' to brawl!" Says Piff as he and Miff start fake fist-fighting and punching eachother. "Why ya gotta be like this, Neeeeee-ta?" Miff says, getting in the green Bane's face. She snarls and her frills puff up. The purple Banescale gets in between them and swats Miff away. "Come on guys! Shaula brought us here so we could sing a song or two and leave! Not cause a bar fight! Yes, we've been cooped up at the theater for a while, but we're out here to stretch our legs and wings and [i]s i n g.[/i] So let's do what we do best, perform. Now, Tibbs, have you picked a song yet?" She asks the Snapper who nods. "Toss a Coin to Your Gaoler! That one oughta go well here! Maybe a few dragons will e'en sing along!" Tibbs smiles uncontrollably. "Looks like we're up." Ulk says. "Neeta, Lumi, you warmed up?" The green and purple Banescales quietly harmonize in reply. "Miff, Piff, Tibbs, you guys all tuned up?" Ulk asks the Spirals and Snapper. Miff and Piff each strum their lutes and Tibbs lightly taps her drum. "Then let's go." Ulk flips up on stage and introduces them while everyone else gets on stage and in their places. The Banescales then start singing and the Spirals and Snapper play their instruments: [i]When a humble troupe Graced a ride along With Lingram the Gaoler Along came this song When the White Wolf fought A silver tongued devil His army of Shade At his hooves did they revel They came after us With masterful deceit Broke down our cart And they kicked in our teeth While the devil's horns Minced our tender meat And so cried the Gaoler He can't be bleat Toss a coin to your Gaoler Oh, valley of plenty Oh, valley of plenty, o-o-oh! Toss a coin to your Gaoler Oh, valley of plenty At the edge of the world Fight the mighty horde That bashes and breaks you And bring you the morn, oh He thrust all the Shade Far back on the shelf High up on the mountain From whence it came He wiped out your pest Got kicked in his chest He's a friend of humanity So give him the rest That's my epic tale Our champion prevailed Defeated the villain Now pour him some ale Toss a coin to your Gaoler Oh, valley of plenty Oh, valley of plenty, o-o-oh! Toss a coin to your Gaoler A friend of humanity Toss a coin to your Gaoler Oh, valley of plenty Oh, valley of plenty Toss a coin to your Gaoler A friend of humanity Toss a coin to your Gaoler Oh, valley of plenty Oh, valley of plenty Toss a coin to your Gaoler A friend of humanity[/i] - - - - - Shaula watched his group from the bar where he had a glass of his favorite bourbon. He smiled and tapped along with the music. "You know 'em?" The barkeep asked him. "Yeah, they're a few from my theater troupe back in the Plateau." He responded, watching Miff and Piff flip around the other four dragons and playing their lutes. "You should get them to come more often, they're really good." The barkeep said. Shaula laughed. "I'll see what I can do. They usually spend most of their time practicing for shows, but these six started getting a little stir-crazy, especially those two-" He pointed at Miff and Piff. "They were literally bouncing off the walls. Seriously! They found rubber balls and flew at the walls and ceiling, bouncing everywhere." Listening and figuring his group was almost done with their song, Shaula paid for his drink and told the bartender, "You should come see our show sometime, we'd love to have you. Ask anyone on the Windswept Plateau and they'll tell you how to find us." Shaula smiled and put his hat on making his way towards the stage to collect his group. "Another fine performance, my singing monkeys! Want to sing one more or should we head back to the Palais?" Shaula asked his group picking up the lute case full of coins Piff set out and handing it to them. "I think we're ready to head back to the theater." Lumi said. "Nu-uh we wanna cause a RUCKUS!" Miff said as he and Piff tried taking off into the bar. Ulk and Neeta caught them and Shaula took both and coiled them around his neck. They protested, but almost instantly fell asleep. "Here, add this to the costume funds." Tibbs said, handing Shaula the gold from Piff's lute case. Ulk and Lumi packed up Miff and Piff's lutes in their cases and Tibbs strapped her drum to her back. "Sure thing. Now let's go before these two wake up." Shaula said.
This a piece I did for a RP thread called The Broken Pillar Mobile Inn and Tavern. It's an awesome RP and I encourage you to check it out but here's what I wrote:
K so let's say Fractal and Blaze paid their tabs and left, then Shaula and a few dragons from his troupe walk in, which looks a kinda like that bit the Greatest Showman when Barnum walks in with his oddities
-
24929892.png
"Well here we are! You guys said you were itching to perform, and I figured I could get myself a drink while we were here. Have at!" The purple Skydancer says, taking off his blue top hat and leaning on his cane. A group of three brightly-colored Banescales, a rather small Snapper, and two pale Spirals who seemed to be twins bolted towards the stage pulling out instruments. One of the Banescales, a massive, smoking, bright blue-and-gold dragon, put out his wings and stopped everyone from overtaking the group that was already on stage.
61024600.png59705059.png60561149.png60885770.png60089411.png60701277.png
"We need to let them finish." The Bane said in an incredibly low voice. "Let's not be rude." The rest of the group, but manly the other Banescales, huffed and sat down waiting for the current group to finish.
"Why ya gotta be like this Ulk? You know we coulda taken 'em!" Says one of the Spirals. Both start flying incredibly fast circles around the blue Banescale.
"Miff, Piff, stop it!" Says the green Banescale. "Ulk's right, we- but mainly you two- need to behave ourselves. Charging on stage and throwing off the other dragons would be-"
"Epic!" "Radical!" interrupt the Spirals. "Besides, we's been itchin' to brawl!" Says Piff as he and Miff start fake fist-fighting and punching eachother.
"Why ya gotta be like this, Neeeeee-ta?" Miff says, getting in the green Bane's face. She snarls and her frills puff up. The purple Banescale gets in between them and swats Miff away.
"Come on guys! Shaula brought us here so we could sing a song or two and leave! Not cause a bar fight! Yes, we've been cooped up at the theater for a while, but we're out here to stretch our legs and wings and s i n g. So let's do what we do best, perform. Now, Tibbs, have you picked a song yet?" She asks the Snapper who nods.
"Toss a Coin to Your Gaoler! That one oughta go well here! Maybe a few dragons will e'en sing along!" Tibbs smiles uncontrollably.
"Looks like we're up." Ulk says. "Neeta, Lumi, you warmed up?"
The green and purple Banescales quietly harmonize in reply.
"Miff, Piff, Tibbs, you guys all tuned up?" Ulk asks the Spirals and Snapper. Miff and Piff each strum their lutes and Tibbs lightly taps her drum.
"Then let's go." Ulk flips up on stage and introduces them while everyone else gets on stage and in their places. The Banescales then start singing and the Spirals and Snapper play their instruments:

When a humble troupe
Graced a ride along
With Lingram the Gaoler
Along came this song

When the White Wolf fought
A silver tongued devil
His army of Shade
At his hooves did they revel

They came after us
With masterful deceit
Broke down our cart
And they kicked in our teeth

While the devil's horns
Minced our tender meat
And so cried the Gaoler
He can't be bleat

Toss a coin to your Gaoler
Oh, valley of plenty
Oh, valley of plenty, o-o-oh!
Oh, valley of plenty

At the edge of the world
Fight the mighty horde
That bashes and breaks you
And bring you the morn, oh

He thrust all the Shade
Far back on the shelf
High up on the mountain
From whence it came

He wiped out your pest
Got kicked in his chest
He's a friend of humanity
So give him the rest

That's my epic tale
Our champion prevailed
Defeated the villain
Now pour him some ale

Oh, valley of plenty
Oh, valley of plenty, o-o-oh!
A friend of humanity

Oh, valley of plenty
Oh, valley of plenty
A friend of humanity

Oh, valley of plenty
Oh, valley of plenty
A friend of humanity

- - - - -

Shaula watched his group from the bar where he had a glass of his favorite bourbon. He smiled and tapped along with the music.
"You know 'em?" The barkeep asked him.
"Yeah, they're a few from my theater troupe back in the Plateau." He responded, watching Miff and Piff flip around the other four dragons and playing their lutes.
"You should get them to come more often, they're really good." The barkeep said. Shaula laughed.
"I'll see what I can do. They usually spend most of their time practicing for shows, but these six started getting a little stir-crazy, especially those two-" He pointed at Miff and Piff. "They were literally bouncing off the walls. Seriously! They found rubber balls and flew at the walls and ceiling, bouncing everywhere." Listening and figuring his group was almost done with their song, Shaula paid for his drink and told the bartender,
"You should come see our show sometime, we'd love to have you. Ask anyone on the Windswept Plateau and they'll tell you how to find us." Shaula smiled and put his hat on making his way towards the stage to collect his group.
"Another fine performance, my singing monkeys! Want to sing one more or should we head back to the Palais?" Shaula asked his group picking up the lute case full of coins Piff set out and handing it to them.
"I think we're ready to head back to the theater." Lumi said.
"Nu-uh we wanna cause a RUCKUS!" Miff said as he and Piff tried taking off into the bar. Ulk and Neeta caught them and Shaula took both and coiled them around his neck. They protested, but almost instantly fell asleep.
"Here, add this to the costume funds." Tibbs said, handing Shaula the gold from Piff's lute case. Ulk and Lumi packed up Miff and Piff's lutes in their cases and Tibbs strapped her drum to her back.
"Sure thing. Now let's go before these two wake up." Shaula said.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
So carry me from these walls, brother of mine. Show me the world outside, it has to be true. I'm counting on you to be my wings and my eyes.
lbjYA1m.png
Ethos- Because if a hobo offers you some cake, you run away screaming. Yet if Taylor Swift offers you alcohol, you take it no questions asked.

Pathos- Because if you don't cry during ASPCA commercials, you're a heartless boomer without any friends.

Logos- Because if you don't read the fine print, you'll be swindled of all your money and be left out on the streets offering people Hostess cupcakes.

Fine Print: This was meant for the purpose of giving people a laugh, and if took any of that seriously, you need to rethink your life choices and start taking everything you see on the news with a grain of salt. Thank you for reading.
Ethos- Because if a hobo offers you some cake, you run away screaming. Yet if Taylor Swift offers you alcohol, you take it no questions asked.

Pathos- Because if you don't cry during ASPCA commercials, you're a heartless boomer without any friends.

Logos- Because if you don't read the fine print, you'll be swindled of all your money and be left out on the streets offering people Hostess cupcakes.

Fine Print: This was meant for the purpose of giving people a laugh, and if took any of that seriously, you need to rethink your life choices and start taking everything you see on the news with a grain of salt. Thank you for reading.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
----- [center][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/464085/46408433.png[/img][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/466448/46644727.png[/img] [i]Myren | Raiden[/i][/center] ----- As Myren walked through the streets of Galestrom, she looked around at all her friends' shops and made a mental list of the ones to stop by on her way back to the kite. Turning the corner on one of the streets, the Singing Hammers Forge and Laboratory came into view. Smoke billowed out a huge chimney from the large furnace inside. Stepping in the door, Myren was met by the shocking alchemist Garleda who directed her to Raiden when she asked where he was. Pushing the big curtain that separated Raiden's cluttered yet clean workspace from the rest of the forge out of her way, Myren looked inside and saw Raiden working away on the robots on the second level of his workshop. "Hey Raiden, thought I'd stop by and say hi! How are Lesai and Vesai coming along?" Myren asked. Raiden startled and dropped whatever tool he was using. It plinked on the ground and Raiden quickly picked it up before looking down at Myren. "Hey Myren! These two could be coming along a lot faster, but spell casting is much harder to program than physical fighting techniques. I should ask Tesla next time I see him how Light dragons study magic. Maybe you, Archeus and Eden could help me figure out how Ice magic works, too." Raiden rambles, tightening a few screws on one of the bot's legs. "Speaking of elements, you're from the Scarred Wasteland, right? What was it like there?" Myren asks, walking further in and letting the curtain close behind her. Raiden pauses as she mentions the Wasteland and his face falls. He shakes himself slightly and grabs a different tool from beside him. "Where did that question come from?" Raiden asks, walking around to the other side of the robot he was working on. "I've been wondering about what it's like in other elemental regions. I asked Jiiko about what it was like growing up in Sea of a Thousand Currents, and Kereru told me about how the Plateau was when she was little. I was just wondering what you remember about it." Myren said, walking up the ramp to the second level. "Well, it certainly wasn't great," Raiden began. "My parents fought a lot after I hatched. My dad was from Plague but my mom was from the Cloudsong. My mom and I got sick so many times while we lived in the Rotrock Rim. We both almost died on multiple occasions. I eventually got older and got sick less, but my mom kept getting weaker with every virus and infection she contracted. After one of the worst infections she ever had came and went and almost killed her, she and my dad had a big fight and she took me with her back to her old clan in the Cloudsong. When we got there, I was the only Plague dragon in the clan and I felt disgusting. With disease running through my veins, it was no wonder why I didn't take up magic. I didn't want anything to do with the biological warfare going on inside of me. I was insulted horribly by some of the other dragons my age, and everyone else avoided me like the plague." He laughed and paused for a moment, his hands had dropped to his side and he stared blankly at the side of his bot. "Every time someone got a cold or an infection of some sort, I was always blamed for it. Eventually, after trying to talk to my mom who wouldn't listen, I left. And I've never looked back." Raiden said, resuming his work on his droid. "That was when Archeus found me and asked if I needed a place to call home." His voice started sounding happier. "Then I came here, made actual friends, found a family, helped engineer the kite, built four robots, helped plan Galestrom, and found you." Raiden looked at Myren and smiled. Myren walked over and rubbed noses with him. "I'm sorry your life was so rough." She said, leaning on Raiden. "Why? You know none of that's your fault. You and the Jace Vivace clan have made my life so much better." Raiden said. "Aww, you're just saying that." Myren said, looking around Raiden's workspace from above. "You know I'm not. And I think I've proven that Plague is no match against Ice magic." Raiden gave Myren a cheesy grin. "Good Windsinger that was bad." Myren laughed, "Stop before your cheesy pick-up lines chase me from the forge." "Ouch, cold." Raiden said. Myren laughed and stood up. "I love you too you big wingnut. Now I'm going to leave before it gets any colder in here." "Aww, but I was just warming up!" Raiden said. "Don't you mean, cooling down? You know, I just had a really good Ice pun to tell you, but it slipped my mind." Myren said, grinning. "Will I see you tonight at the Warm Breeze for game night?" "You bet your spectacles you will. I might be a bit late though, Garleda wants me to help her figure out a few more transmutation recipes." Raiden said, missing Myren's very subtle Ice pun. "Well don't be too late, it's easier to do puzzles and play mahjong with two dragons. See you tonight." Myren said, ducking out through the curtain. Raiden got back to work on his robot, but stopped and face-palmed when he caught Myren's pun. "YOU ARE THE [i]WORST[/i]!" Raiden yelled after her. Myren busted out laughing, but collected herself before heading out of the Forge and back into town.

46408433.png46644727.png
Myren | Raiden

As Myren walked through the streets of Galestrom, she looked around at all her friends' shops and made a mental list of the ones to stop by on her way back to the kite. Turning the corner on one of the streets, the Singing Hammers Forge and Laboratory came into view. Smoke billowed out a huge chimney from the large furnace inside. Stepping in the door, Myren was met by the shocking alchemist Garleda who directed her to Raiden when she asked where he was. Pushing the big curtain that separated Raiden's cluttered yet clean workspace from the rest of the forge out of her way, Myren looked inside and saw Raiden working away on the robots on the second level of his workshop.
"Hey Raiden, thought I'd stop by and say hi! How are Lesai and Vesai coming along?" Myren asked. Raiden startled and dropped whatever tool he was using. It plinked on the ground and Raiden quickly picked it up before looking down at Myren.
"Hey Myren! These two could be coming along a lot faster, but spell casting is much harder to program than physical fighting techniques. I should ask Tesla next time I see him how Light dragons study magic. Maybe you, Archeus and Eden could help me figure out how Ice magic works, too." Raiden rambles, tightening a few screws on one of the bot's legs.
"Speaking of elements, you're from the Scarred Wasteland, right? What was it like there?" Myren asks, walking further in and letting the curtain close behind her. Raiden pauses as she mentions the Wasteland and his face falls. He shakes himself slightly and grabs a different tool from beside him.
"Where did that question come from?" Raiden asks, walking around to the other side of the robot he was working on.
"I've been wondering about what it's like in other elemental regions. I asked Jiiko about what it was like growing up in Sea of a Thousand Currents, and Kereru told me about how the Plateau was when she was little. I was just wondering what you remember about it." Myren said, walking up the ramp to the second level.
"Well, it certainly wasn't great," Raiden began. "My parents fought a lot after I hatched. My dad was from Plague but my mom was from the Cloudsong. My mom and I got sick so many times while we lived in the Rotrock Rim. We both almost died on multiple occasions. I eventually got older and got sick less, but my mom kept getting weaker with every virus and infection she contracted. After one of the worst infections she ever had came and went and almost killed her, she and my dad had a big fight and she took me with her back to her old clan in the Cloudsong. When we got there, I was the only Plague dragon in the clan and I felt disgusting. With disease running through my veins, it was no wonder why I didn't take up magic. I didn't want anything to do with the biological warfare going on inside of me. I was insulted horribly by some of the other dragons my age, and everyone else avoided me like the plague." He laughed and paused for a moment, his hands had dropped to his side and he stared blankly at the side of his bot.
"Every time someone got a cold or an infection of some sort, I was always blamed for it. Eventually, after trying to talk to my mom who wouldn't listen, I left. And I've never looked back." Raiden said, resuming his work on his droid. "That was when Archeus found me and asked if I needed a place to call home." His voice started sounding happier. "Then I came here, made actual friends, found a family, helped engineer the kite, built four robots, helped plan Galestrom, and found you." Raiden looked at Myren and smiled. Myren walked over and rubbed noses with him.
"I'm sorry your life was so rough." She said, leaning on Raiden.
"Why? You know none of that's your fault. You and the Jace Vivace clan have made my life so much better." Raiden said.
"Aww, you're just saying that." Myren said, looking around Raiden's workspace from above.
"You know I'm not. And I think I've proven that Plague is no match against Ice magic." Raiden gave Myren a cheesy grin.
"Good Windsinger that was bad." Myren laughed, "Stop before your cheesy pick-up lines chase me from the forge."
"Ouch, cold." Raiden said. Myren laughed and stood up.
"I love you too you big wingnut. Now I'm going to leave before it gets any colder in here."
"Aww, but I was just warming up!" Raiden said.
"Don't you mean, cooling down? You know, I just had a really good Ice pun to tell you, but it slipped my mind." Myren said, grinning. "Will I see you tonight at the Warm Breeze for game night?"
"You bet your spectacles you will. I might be a bit late though, Garleda wants me to help her figure out a few more transmutation recipes." Raiden said, missing Myren's very subtle Ice pun.
"Well don't be too late, it's easier to do puzzles and play mahjong with two dragons. See you tonight." Myren said, ducking out through the curtain. Raiden got back to work on his robot, but stopped and face-palmed when he caught Myren's pun.
"YOU ARE THE WORST!" Raiden yelled after her. Myren busted out laughing, but collected herself before heading out of the Forge and back into town.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
I've got a side story for my Pinkerlocke cued up, just waiting to post it so it won't give stuff away ;)
I've got a side story for my Pinkerlocke cued up, just waiting to post it so it won't give stuff away ;)
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46408433][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/464085/46408433.png[/img][/url] [font=times][i]Myren[/i][/font] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/center] [center][i]An entry from Myren's journal just after Archeus announced they had earned a place in the Cloudsong[/i][/center] [indent]Oh. My. WINDSINGER. We made it! Our clan is big enough to have finally[/indent] earned a place among the largest clans in the Plateau! The Jade Vivace can finally go to the Cloudsong! [indent]Okay, we're not actually going to the Cloudsong, but Archeus received a[/indent] scroll in true Windy spirit that we were free to move to the Cloudsong whenever we saw fit and there would always be room for our kite among the clouds. Archeus made the announcement in the Galestrom town square and said that the kite would not be moving because he didn't want a huge distance between the kite and the town. A few dragons were sad they weren't going to live in the Cloudsong, but Archeus said he had arranged a visit to the kite city so we could see what it would be like to live there. I already volunteered to go and Raiden decided he's going to come with me. A few other dragons from both the kite and Galestrom have decided to go as well, but quite a few dragons have decided to stay since the kite still needs upkeeping and Galestrom needs a watchful eye on the streets. [indent]In other news, Raiden has been fine-tuning his robots and has managed to[/indent] make leaps and bounds with his spell-casting bots. Eden and I have helped him figure out Ice magic for one of the automatons, and Raiden asked help from his inventor's guild associates to figure out the Light magic for the other. [indent]Schlamm, our blacksmith, has been very bored with no major smithing[/indent] projects. He still helps forge pieces and panels for Raiden's robots, Magiere's computer projects, and wires for Garleda's watchful eye on the town's electricity, but in his spare time, he's been making knives and selling them in Crypt and Nomi's general store. I told Archeus and now he and Omnia are planning something for him, but won't tell anyone what it is. [indent]Speaking of Omnia Sol, she came back down here a few days ago talking[/indent] about some disaster down here that warrented her attention and guidance. Well she didn't actually tell anyone that, I just caught a little bit of her conversation with Eden when she got back. I told her I overheard- you don't want to be hiding something from a rather powerful angel- and Omnia told me to not mention anything to Archeus, since the catastrophy wasn't actually going to happen to our clan and she didn't want him to worry about it. [indent]I never actually said how everyone fits on the kite, did I? I never explained[/indent] how two imperials plus a bunch of Skydancers, Wildclaws, a Coatl, and a Spiral all fit on the kite. I had the honor of helping our seer, Eden, enchant six rock spires to shrink or grow all dragons within a certain range of the rocks to the size of an average Coatl. Yes, you read that right, an Imperial and a Fae can be the same size on the kite and in Galetrom. Jumanji has one spire in her garden on the top platform of the kite, there's one at each of the compass point entrances to Galestrom as well as one in the fountain in the Galestrom town square. [indent]Well, unfortunately I think I had better head to supper. I'm having dinner[/indent] with Omnia, Archeus, and his son Crypt who came from Galestrom to deliver his weekly report. I also need to talk to Omnia and find Eden later tonight so I can talk to her as well. Yikes I've got a busy night. Well, [indent]Keep your stick on the ice, [indent][i][font=gabriola][size=7]Myren[/size][/font][/i][/indent][/indent] ----- Is this the new Myren's diary? Probably not, I've got a couple writing projects that already make it hard for me to post regularly X'D I'll still try to plop little bits from random dragon's 'journals' even though they might not actually keep a journal like Myren here. Just little snippets of their opinions on what's goin' on with the kite and Galestrom and whatnot.
46408433.png
Myren
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
An entry from Myren's journal just after Archeus announced they had earned a place in the Cloudsong
Oh. My. WINDSINGER. We made it! Our clan is big enough to have finally
earned a place among the largest clans in the Plateau! The Jade Vivace can finally go to the Cloudsong!

Okay, we're not actually going to the Cloudsong, but Archeus received a
scroll in true Windy spirit that we were free to move to the Cloudsong whenever we saw fit and there would always be room for our kite among the clouds. Archeus made the announcement in the Galestrom town square and said that the kite would not be moving because he didn't want a huge distance between the kite and the town. A few dragons were sad they weren't going to live in the Cloudsong, but Archeus said he had arranged a visit to the kite city so we could see what it would be like to live there. I already volunteered to go and Raiden decided he's going to come with me. A few other dragons from both the kite and Galestrom have decided to go as well, but quite a few dragons have decided to stay since the kite still needs upkeeping and Galestrom needs a watchful eye on the streets.

In other news, Raiden has been fine-tuning his robots and has managed to
make leaps and bounds with his spell-casting bots. Eden and I have helped him figure out Ice magic for one of the automatons, and Raiden asked help from his inventor's guild associates to figure out the Light magic for the other.

Schlamm, our blacksmith, has been very bored with no major smithing
projects. He still helps forge pieces and panels for Raiden's robots, Magiere's computer projects, and wires for Garleda's watchful eye on the town's electricity, but in his spare time, he's been making knives and selling them in Crypt and Nomi's general store. I told Archeus and now he and Omnia are planning something for him, but won't tell anyone what it is.

Speaking of Omnia Sol, she came back down here a few days ago talking
about some disaster down here that warrented her attention and guidance. Well she didn't actually tell anyone that, I just caught a little bit of her conversation with Eden when she got back. I told her I overheard- you don't want to be hiding something from a rather powerful angel- and Omnia told me to not mention anything to Archeus, since the catastrophy wasn't actually going to happen to our clan and she didn't want him to worry about it.

I never actually said how everyone fits on the kite, did I? I never explained
how two imperials plus a bunch of Skydancers, Wildclaws, a Coatl, and a Spiral all fit on the kite. I had the honor of helping our seer, Eden, enchant six rock spires to shrink or grow all dragons within a certain range of the rocks to the size of an average Coatl. Yes, you read that right, an Imperial and a Fae can be the same size on the kite and in Galetrom. Jumanji has one spire in her garden on the top platform of the kite, there's one at each of the compass point entrances to Galestrom as well as one in the fountain in the Galestrom town square.

Well, unfortunately I think I had better head to supper. I'm having dinner
with Omnia, Archeus, and his son Crypt who came from Galestrom to deliver his weekly report. I also need to talk to Omnia and find Eden later tonight so I can talk to her as well. Yikes I've got a busy night. Well,

Keep your stick on the ice,
Myren

Is this the new Myren's diary? Probably not, I've got a couple writing projects that already make it hard for me to post regularly X'D I'll still try to plop little bits from random dragon's 'journals' even though they might not actually keep a journal like Myren here. Just little snippets of their opinions on what's goin' on with the kite and Galestrom and whatnot.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
Just got a life tip today:
Cherish your hearing and be glad
you weren't 'blessed' with tinnitus.
Just got a life tip today:
Cherish your hearing and be glad
you weren't 'blessed' with tinnitus.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
The true purpose of a god is to watch.
To spin about life and to watch it grow. See what it becomes, see what it does.
To remain neutral and not interfere, for who knows what could transpire.
And when the time comes that life can no longer improve, to watch it destroy itself.
To watch the anarchy unfold in life's futile fight against itself to keep growing and prospering.
And when that life has laid waste to the god's creation, to begin anew and watch as the cycle begins again.
The true purpose of a god is to watch.
To spin about life and to watch it grow. See what it becomes, see what it does.
To remain neutral and not interfere, for who knows what could transpire.
And when the time comes that life can no longer improve, to watch it destroy itself.
To watch the anarchy unfold in life's futile fight against itself to keep growing and prospering.
And when that life has laid waste to the god's creation, to begin anew and watch as the cycle begins again.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
A speech on freedom by one of my D&D characters: Andre the betrayed angel

"I was supposedly sent to this plane for punishment that was wrongfully earned. The thing about being mortal; however, is that it gives you more freedom than what the angels are given at Mount Celestia. You are allowed to have opinions, to like or dislike other beings or objects. You are allowed to love, you are allowed to make decisions for yourself. You are allowed to say no. You are allowed to have different emotions other than 'compliant servant'. You are allowed hatred. Angels are completely incapable of feeling those things, other than towards that which we are commanded to.

"The first emotion I felt after waking up in that crater was hatred. Complete and utter hatred for that corrupt justice that sent me down here under false precedents. If I am being honest, I felt that hatred for days even after Raze found me. Raze would confirm this, but I was insufferable until he miraculously pulled my attention away from my predicament. I felt more than just hatred, but that pure, burning anger trumped my thoughts for much longer than necessary. After thinking about what I had done in my rage, I felt guilt for the first time and apologized incessantly to Raze for how terrible I must have been. But none of these emotions that I have spoken about have been the worst that I have felt. The worst, most terrifying- unironically- is terror.

"I first felt that terrible emotion when I was placed into a situation that I was entirely unfamiliar with. Being an angel, you are never afraid of losing your life; you will be reborn, that is indisputable. The only thing that saved me from breaking down as my life was being threatened by a group of insane poachers was Raze. He saved my life, and for that I owe it to him. I truly believe that I would not be alive if he had not shown them no mercy as I laid there not understanding why my angelic powers were not functioning.

"Freedom may be a prison, but perfection- once you have tasted true freedom- is torture. And knowing that you can never go back to your freedom because of the perfection now expected from you, is just as painful as that perfection. This is why I say to strive for perfection, but to never touch it; for that would make even the happiest, most joyful of souls miserable for eternity."

(Raze is another one of my characters, a black dragonborn half-orc)
A speech on freedom by one of my D&D characters: Andre the betrayed angel

"I was supposedly sent to this plane for punishment that was wrongfully earned. The thing about being mortal; however, is that it gives you more freedom than what the angels are given at Mount Celestia. You are allowed to have opinions, to like or dislike other beings or objects. You are allowed to love, you are allowed to make decisions for yourself. You are allowed to say no. You are allowed to have different emotions other than 'compliant servant'. You are allowed hatred. Angels are completely incapable of feeling those things, other than towards that which we are commanded to.

"The first emotion I felt after waking up in that crater was hatred. Complete and utter hatred for that corrupt justice that sent me down here under false precedents. If I am being honest, I felt that hatred for days even after Raze found me. Raze would confirm this, but I was insufferable until he miraculously pulled my attention away from my predicament. I felt more than just hatred, but that pure, burning anger trumped my thoughts for much longer than necessary. After thinking about what I had done in my rage, I felt guilt for the first time and apologized incessantly to Raze for how terrible I must have been. But none of these emotions that I have spoken about have been the worst that I have felt. The worst, most terrifying- unironically- is terror.

"I first felt that terrible emotion when I was placed into a situation that I was entirely unfamiliar with. Being an angel, you are never afraid of losing your life; you will be reborn, that is indisputable. The only thing that saved me from breaking down as my life was being threatened by a group of insane poachers was Raze. He saved my life, and for that I owe it to him. I truly believe that I would not be alive if he had not shown them no mercy as I laid there not understanding why my angelic powers were not functioning.

"Freedom may be a prison, but perfection- once you have tasted true freedom- is torture. And knowing that you can never go back to your freedom because of the perfection now expected from you, is just as painful as that perfection. This is why I say to strive for perfection, but to never touch it; for that would make even the happiest, most joyful of souls miserable for eternity."

(Raze is another one of my characters, a black dragonborn half-orc)
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/9Odk4MT.png[/img] [center][font=cambria][size=6][i]Raze[/size] [size=3]Dragonborn Half-Orc, Echo Knight Fighter[/size] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/center] [font=times]Yawning and stretching, a young Coligius sluggishly sat up in bed. He was a peculiar little Dragonborn prince; he had bigger, more pronounced bottom canines than the rest of the dragonlings his age, and his head was a bit more rounded and looked a little strange when standing next to one of his cousins. His snout was a bit short and smooth compared to his branch of the family's genes, and on top of that- he had two sets of horns! One set stretched proudly from his brow and gently curved outwards and back in, coming to sharp points. The other set originated below his first set and behind his unusually shaped and pointed ears, and curved down and around his face, ending below his eyes like slim ram's horns. His scales were small but thick, and laid in his skin like ebony mosaic tiles with a slight green shine. His tail was long and smooth, lacking the dorsal spines that stretched from his neck to the tip of the tail like most other Dragonborn had. His claws were short, but remained razor-sharp; and he stood taller than nearly all the dragonlings his age, despite looking much younger. Huffing and pulling his covers away, Prince Coligius slid out of his rather gaudy bed and walked to his even gaudier closet with his mirror along the wall beside it. He heard his bedroom door open and the low rumble of chatter followed whoever was visiting him inside. "Master Imperan? Your father requests a visit with you in his chambers before breakfast when you are done getting ready." The voice of his manservant Vexith said. "Would you like some help?" "Why not? What color do you think would suit me for a conference with my father at this [i]obscene[/i] time?" Prince Coligius answered sarcastically. "Hmm..." Thought Vexith, walking over beside the prince and looking into his huge closet. "I believe a dark green silk undershirt with a black vest would suit such an occasion." The stout, dark red Dragonborn answered with a smirk, pulling the articles off the racks. The prince quickly takes the tailored pieces as well as a new pair of dressier pants and ducks behind his dark wood screen and changes. "Do I have anything else scheduled before breakfast without my knowing?" The prince asks more normally. "You shouldn't, I moved around your Sunday lessons so that you could get a little more sleep after yesterday. How is Lady Lealin? Have you seen her after your, um," he gently clears his throat, "[i]run in[/i] yesterday?" Prince Coligius hefts a sigh from behind the screen, "She tried to kiss me. You were there, you saw it, everyone saw it. I avoided her advances, and she took it way too seriously and only made herself look worse by storming out of the room with those crocodile tears streaming down her scaly snout." The prince answers indignantly, stepping out from behind the divider and checking his reflection in the mirror. Vexith walks over and fixes the buttons of the vest, then starts scrubbing the prince's face, horns, forearms, and hands with rough salts to make his scales shine. He gives Coligius the cloth and lets him finish wiping salt residues from his scales while he goes over to a large jewelry box and pulls out a few pairs of silver and gold cuffs as well as a silver pocket watch, and goes back to the prince. "Would you rather wear your gold cuffs or the silver ones?" Vixeth asks, clipping the pocket watch to Coligius' lapel and tucking it in his vest pocket. "The silver would probably look the best since you've already added that watch." The prince answers, taking one of the pairs of silver cuffs from Vexith and sliding them onto his horns. Vexith smiles, "Good choice." [center]- - -[/center] [font=cambria]"There's my son! How are you this morning?" Coligius' dad smiled as he walked into his father's study. "Well, it's just like you always say; could always be better." The prince answered. The king sighed, "Listen, about Lady Lealin; I wasn't the one who told her to do that. We both know we need to get you a suitor, but I would never try to force one on you. I'd rather you find yourself a queen, but we both know that most likely won't happen in the current time frame." The dark grey king says, grabbing a razor. "Why, because of my stunning personality or my mother?" The prince asks, sitting down on a stool in the living room with his back to his father. Coligius rubs his head between his horns and feels stubble on his head where there shouldn't be for Dragonborn. Normal Dragonborn didn't grow any hair, unless they were male. Then, some Dragonborn enjoyed growing impressive beards; like the prince's father. His long, greying beard included clips and bands to add decoration. The king sat down behind his son and exhaled, "You know the answer to that." "And you also know that I loved her too. I miss her. Sometimes I wish we weren't royalty." Coligious says, feeling his father use the razor on his head. "Me too, son." Said the king as he shaved his son's head. "I suppose my grandmother is lucky because she's the dowager empress?" "And it's only a matter of time before everyone finds out that your mother was never a Dragonborn to begin with. She was lucky to get away before her polymorph wore off." "What will happen to me when they find out?" The prince's voice wavers as he closes his eyes. The king stops and thinks. "I don't know." He sighs. "But if worst comes to worst, I won't let them kill you." "I have a bag packed under my bed if I need to run away." Coligius admits to his father. "I don't know where I'd go, but it's something." "Let's hope we won't need to use that option." The kings says, finishing with the razor and turning his son around to face him. He pulls his son into an embrace and Coligius doesn't stop him. "I know she's not really gone," The king says. "But I'm all you have left of her." The prince finishes. The door to the king's chambers open suddenly and the dowager empress strides in, leaning gently on her cane. "I hope you two weren't going to leave me to run the empire by myself! I know I used to run this entire country, but I'm retired! And I [b]certainly hope[/b] that you, King Auber, weren't going to keep me from having breakfast with my favorite grandson!" The retired figurehead said, holding out her arms for her grandson. Coligius put on a smile and jogged over to give his grandmother a hug. "I didn't think we were taking that long-" The king said, getting up from his chair and looking at his clock. "Well you were! The cook told me that breakfast was getting cold and that he hadn't seen either of you at all today!" The empress chided her son. "Come Coligius, we shouldn't keep our royal chef waiting any longer." The dowager empress says, the jewels and pearl strings wound in her horns swaying as she turns to leave with her grandson. "Yes grandmother." The prince says as he leaves with the empress, sure that he had no choice whether to stay with his father or not. "I'll be right down, just need to finish adorning myself with the kingly regalia." The king exaggerates. It was rather obvious where the prince got his humor. "Don't take too long! Or you will be eating by yourself!" The king's mother shouts behind her. Behind the facade the young prince had perfected, he wondered what would happen to him when the rest of the empire realized what he was, why he looked so strange. Going to his father in the early morning hours had been an almost daily ritual. If he let his un-Dragonborn-like hair grow, there would be no doubt that the prince was indeed not a full Dragonborn, and his mother would be executed at his grandmother's order. There would be upheaval that the great Imperan dynasty couldn't keep its bloodline pure, the prince's father would be outcast and he would most likely be killed for his tainted blood. His branch of the family would be shunned and left out of the history books as one of his cousins took the throne instead of him. The people loved him now, but if they knew he was impure who knew if they would still adore their beloved prince. "Coligius? You seem a bit distracted, are you alright?" The dowager empress asks him. "Yes grandmother, I couldn't be better." The prince lied, smiling up at the snake that was his grandmother. "If I'm being honest, I was thinking about my mother-" "Oh don't bother your mind thinking about her! She's paid for her treason and there's no need to worry about her. I can't believe my own daughter-in-law tried to overthrow everything your grandfather and I spent years establishing." As she blathered on about how Coligius' father had such a terrible taste in women and that she still didn't know how that snake could've slithered her way into his father's heart, Coligius made a bad decision and started thinking about all the possible things that would be done to him. Worst possible outcome was public execution of him and his mother; best possibility, the citizens overthrow his tyrannous grandmother after finding out what she plans to do to their beloved Prince Coligius, and they don't mind what he and his mother are. The latter was a bit far-fetched. So heading to the dining hall for breakfast while his grandmother slandered his mother openly, Prince Coligius busies his mind with how to make the best impressions on the castle folk and citizens as he could before he ran out of time.
9Odk4MT.png
Raze
Dragonborn Half-Orc, Echo Knight Fighter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yawning and stretching, a young Coligius sluggishly sat up in bed. He was a peculiar little Dragonborn prince; he had bigger, more pronounced bottom canines than the rest of the dragonlings his age, and his head was a bit more rounded and looked a little strange when standing next to one of his cousins. His snout was a bit short and smooth compared to his branch of the family's genes, and on top of that- he had two sets of horns! One set stretched proudly from his brow and gently curved outwards and back in, coming to sharp points. The other set originated below his first set and behind his unusually shaped and pointed ears, and curved down and around his face, ending below his eyes like slim ram's horns. His scales were small but thick, and laid in his skin like ebony mosaic tiles with a slight green shine. His tail was long and smooth, lacking the dorsal spines that stretched from his neck to the tip of the tail like most other Dragonborn had. His claws were short, but remained razor-sharp; and he stood taller than nearly all the dragonlings his age, despite looking much younger.

Huffing and pulling his covers away, Prince Coligius slid out of his rather gaudy bed and walked to his even gaudier closet with his mirror along the wall beside it. He heard his bedroom door open and the low rumble of chatter followed whoever was visiting him inside.

"Master Imperan? Your father requests a visit with you in his chambers before breakfast when you are done getting ready." The voice of his manservant Vexith said. "Would you like some help?"

"Why not? What color do you think would suit me for a conference with my father at this obscene time?" Prince Coligius answered sarcastically.

"Hmm..." Thought Vexith, walking over beside the prince and looking into his huge closet. "I believe a dark green silk undershirt with a black vest would suit such an occasion." The stout, dark red Dragonborn answered with a smirk, pulling the articles off the racks. The prince quickly takes the tailored pieces as well as a new pair of dressier pants and ducks behind his dark wood screen and changes.

"Do I have anything else scheduled before breakfast without my knowing?" The prince asks more normally.

"You shouldn't, I moved around your Sunday lessons so that you could get a little more sleep after yesterday. How is Lady Lealin? Have you seen her after your, um," he gently clears his throat, "run in yesterday?" Prince Coligius hefts a sigh from behind the screen,

"She tried to kiss me. You were there, you saw it, everyone saw it. I avoided her advances, and she took it way too seriously and only made herself look worse by storming out of the room with those crocodile tears streaming down her scaly snout." The prince answers indignantly, stepping out from behind the divider and checking his reflection in the mirror. Vexith walks over and fixes the buttons of the vest, then starts scrubbing the prince's face, horns, forearms, and hands with rough salts to make his scales shine. He gives Coligius the cloth and lets him finish wiping salt residues from his scales while he goes over to a large jewelry box and pulls out a few pairs of silver and gold cuffs as well as a silver pocket watch, and goes back to the prince.

"Would you rather wear your gold cuffs or the silver ones?" Vixeth asks, clipping the pocket watch to Coligius' lapel and tucking it in his vest pocket.

"The silver would probably look the best since you've already added that watch." The prince answers, taking one of the pairs of silver cuffs from Vexith and sliding them onto his horns. Vexith smiles,

"Good choice."
- - -

"There's my son! How are you this morning?" Coligius' dad smiled as he walked into his father's study.

"Well, it's just like you always say; could always be better." The prince answered. The king sighed,

"Listen, about Lady Lealin; I wasn't the one who told her to do that. We both know we need to get you a suitor, but I would never try to force one on you. I'd rather you find yourself a queen, but we both know that most likely won't happen in the current time frame." The dark grey king says, grabbing a razor.

"Why, because of my stunning personality or my mother?" The prince asks, sitting down on a stool in the living room with his back to his father. Coligius rubs his head between his horns and feels stubble on his head where there shouldn't be for Dragonborn. Normal Dragonborn didn't grow any hair, unless they were male. Then, some Dragonborn enjoyed growing impressive beards; like the prince's father. His long, greying beard included clips and bands to add decoration.

The king sat down behind his son and exhaled, "You know the answer to that."

"And you also know that I loved her too. I miss her. Sometimes I wish we weren't royalty." Coligious says, feeling his father use the razor on his head.

"Me too, son." Said the king as he shaved his son's head.

"I suppose my grandmother is lucky because she's the dowager empress?"

"And it's only a matter of time before everyone finds out that your mother was never a Dragonborn to begin with. She was lucky to get away before her polymorph wore off."

"What will happen to me when they find out?" The prince's voice wavers as he closes his eyes. The king stops and thinks.

"I don't know." He sighs. "But if worst comes to worst, I won't let them kill you."

"I have a bag packed under my bed if I need to run away." Coligius admits to his father. "I don't know where I'd go, but it's something."

"Let's hope we won't need to use that option." The kings says, finishing with the razor and turning his son around to face him. He pulls his son into an embrace and Coligius doesn't stop him. "I know she's not really gone," The king says.

"But I'm all you have left of her." The prince finishes.

The door to the king's chambers open suddenly and the dowager empress strides in, leaning gently on her cane.

"I hope you two weren't going to leave me to run the empire by myself! I know I used to run this entire country, but I'm retired! And I certainly hope that you, King Auber, weren't going to keep me from having breakfast with my favorite grandson!" The retired figurehead said, holding out her arms for her grandson. Coligius put on a smile and jogged over to give his grandmother a hug.

"I didn't think we were taking that long-" The king said, getting up from his chair and looking at his clock.

"Well you were! The cook told me that breakfast was getting cold and that he hadn't seen either of you at all today!" The empress chided her son. "Come Coligius, we shouldn't keep our royal chef waiting any longer." The dowager empress says, the jewels and pearl strings wound in her horns swaying as she turns to leave with her grandson.

"Yes grandmother." The prince says as he leaves with the empress, sure that he had no choice whether to stay with his father or not.

"I'll be right down, just need to finish adorning myself with the kingly regalia." The king exaggerates. It was rather obvious where the prince got his humor.

"Don't take too long! Or you will be eating by yourself!" The king's mother shouts behind her.

Behind the facade the young prince had perfected, he wondered what would happen to him when the rest of the empire realized what he was, why he looked so strange. Going to his father in the early morning hours had been an almost daily ritual. If he let his un-Dragonborn-like hair grow, there would be no doubt that the prince was indeed not a full Dragonborn, and his mother would be executed at his grandmother's order. There would be upheaval that the great Imperan dynasty couldn't keep its bloodline pure, the prince's father would be outcast and he would most likely be killed for his tainted blood. His branch of the family would be shunned and left out of the history books as one of his cousins took the throne instead of him. The people loved him now, but if they knew he was impure who knew if they would still adore their beloved prince.

"Coligius? You seem a bit distracted, are you alright?" The dowager empress asks him.

"Yes grandmother, I couldn't be better." The prince lied, smiling up at the snake that was his grandmother. "If I'm being honest, I was thinking about my mother-"

"Oh don't bother your mind thinking about her! She's paid for her treason and there's no need to worry about her. I can't believe my own daughter-in-law tried to overthrow everything your grandfather and I spent years establishing." As she blathered on about how Coligius' father had such a terrible taste in women and that she still didn't know how that snake could've slithered her way into his father's heart, Coligius made a bad decision and started thinking about all the possible things that would be done to him.

Worst possible outcome was public execution of him and his mother; best possibility, the citizens overthrow his tyrannous grandmother after finding out what she plans to do to their beloved Prince Coligius, and they don't mind what he and his mother are. The latter was a bit far-fetched.

So heading to the dining hall for breakfast while his grandmother slandered his mother openly, Prince Coligius busies his mind with how to make the best impressions on the castle folk and citizens as he could before he ran out of time.
cSKe1Cn.png
J7D1quC.png
WKtl2lb.png
o4KdtaP.png
mk2bmrp.png
lbjYA1m.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11