Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dynami Draws Their Lair
1 2 3 4
[quote]finally updating again after a century... don't expect consistency though[/quote] [center][size=4][b]Dynami draws their lair out of sheer boredom and they have more important things to do but they don't care because they are a bad procrastinator and they like suffering for no good reason[/b][/size] [size=3]a.k.a. Dynami's DDTLOFSBATHMITTDBTDCBTAABPATLSFNGR challenge. how beautiful.[/size] [size=2](yes, this is a serious thread. don't be deceived by the humorous title. please come back)[/size][/center] [b]howdy![/b] i'm gonna make another promise i may or may not keep and try to draw my lair (original thread [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1946209]here[/url]). i've drawn some of my dragons before because i wanted some practice, but i can tell that i still need practice. so i'm gonna try to draw my lair. if you're interested in seeing how this goes, then i've got a favor to ask of you. [b]don't let me abandon this challenge.[/b] i must finish it. unless i'm having a burn out or if i'm busy or something. do not let me procrastinate. if i start neglecting the challenge, ping me. please, i beg of you to help me develop better work ethic. you will not be annoying by pinging me on this thread, i promise. [b]PING ME PLEASE AND DON'T LET ME PROCRASTINATE.[/b] sometimes i may draw complex stuff, other times i might just do simple flat headshots. but something i'll mainly focus on is individual character design! while i understand that you definitely can't give every single dragon different faces on a petsite, i think that's something people can take artistic liberty with. so with all the designs i have here, i'm probably breaking from the canon designs in some ways. i might change the shape of the horns/antlers, ears, face, eyes, snout, anything. it's something i've been trying to do for a while, now. because of this, i'm most likely not going to be drawing any apparel. i still haven't really gotten a firm grasp on the style i use for dragons and how i draw their anatomy. but i'm going to start off easy and work on the simple things first. and when i have a good idea of how i want to draw something, i may go into more complex stuff. i'm going to focus on my lore dragons in my lair for now because [i]holy heck i have 80+ dragons in that tab and i don't need to die for this challenge.[/i] now enough of that, if you wanna be added to the pinglist, tell me! [center][b]Pinglist[/b] @/Mnkn10 @/Runarite @/WinterMist @/Acilil @/Frency @/ArcanicUsva @/Neverland @/Aetherstorm @/Xayxayx @/EllaCalanie @/ @/ [b]Finished Dragons[/b] [size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605#post_41851502]Shadarsia, Umbra, and Calemvir [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/1#post_41865597]Chara[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/3#post_43348270]Chara 2: Electric Boogaloo[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/2#post_41877235]Touka[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/2#post_41886782]Clawrake[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/2#post_41897489]Ceridwen[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/3#post_42338127]Albatross[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2804605/3#post_43326417]Shark[/url] [/size] i've got a challenge for y'all. i dare you to come up with the longest title + abbreviation for this challenge. [i]i dare you.[/i][/center]
Quote:
finally updating again after a century... don't expect consistency though

Dynami draws their lair out of sheer boredom and they have more important things to do but they don't care because they are a bad procrastinator and they like suffering for no good reason

a.k.a. Dynami's DDTLOFSBATHMITTDBTDCBTAABPATLSFNGR challenge. how beautiful.

(yes, this is a serious thread. don't be deceived by the humorous title. please come back)

howdy! i'm gonna make another promise i may or may not keep and try to draw my lair (original thread here). i've drawn some of my dragons before because i wanted some practice, but i can tell that i still need practice. so i'm gonna try to draw my lair. if you're interested in seeing how this goes, then i've got a favor to ask of you.

don't let me abandon this challenge. i must finish it. unless i'm having a burn out or if i'm busy or something. do not let me procrastinate. if i start neglecting the challenge, ping me. please, i beg of you to help me develop better work ethic. you will not be annoying by pinging me on this thread, i promise. PING ME PLEASE AND DON'T LET ME PROCRASTINATE.

sometimes i may draw complex stuff, other times i might just do simple flat headshots. but something i'll mainly focus on is individual character design! while i understand that you definitely can't give every single dragon different faces on a petsite, i think that's something people can take artistic liberty with. so with all the designs i have here, i'm probably breaking from the canon designs in some ways. i might change the shape of the horns/antlers, ears, face, eyes, snout, anything. it's something i've been trying to do for a while, now.

because of this, i'm most likely not going to be drawing any apparel. i still haven't really gotten a firm grasp on the style i use for dragons and how i draw their anatomy. but i'm going to start off easy and work on the simple things first. and when i have a good idea of how i want to draw something, i may go into more complex stuff.

i'm going to focus on my lore dragons in my lair for now because holy heck i have 80+ dragons in that tab and i don't need to die for this challenge.

now enough of that, if you wanna be added to the pinglist, tell me!
Pinglist

@/Mnkn10 @/Runarite @/WinterMist @/Acilil @/Frency @/ArcanicUsva @/Neverland @/Aetherstorm @/Xayxayx @/EllaCalanie @/ @/

Finished Dragons

Shadarsia, Umbra, and Calemvir
Chara
Chara 2: Electric Boogaloo
Touka
Clawrake
Ceridwen
Albatross
Shark

i've got a challenge for y'all. i dare you to come up with the longest title + abbreviation for this challenge. i dare you.
Could I be added to the pinglist? I'm a bad procrastinater as well so I understand how you feel.
Could I be added to the pinglist? I'm a bad procrastinater as well so I understand how you feel.
Help Us Thrive~

vsPZp.gif

hnRg0.gif
JbnWz.gif
pinglist!! :o

I wish you luck with all your dragonssss you have SO much
pinglist!! :o

I wish you luck with all your dragonssss you have SO much
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
pinglist please! :ooo
pinglist please! :ooo
@Dynami Ohh I'd love to get on the pinglist! Good luck!
@Dynami Ohh I'd love to get on the pinglist! Good luck!
Could I be added to the pinglist?
Could I be added to the pinglist?
[center][size=4][b]Shadarsia, Umbra, and Calemvir[/b][/size] [size=1]@Mnkn10 @Runarite @WinterMist @Acilil @Frency @ArcanicUsva @Neverland[/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/330615331343302658/663864161327120404/guardian_fam.png[/img][/center] alrighty, first one is done. haven't destroyed my wrist yet but it'll happen at some point i bet. we might as well call this the "dynami destroys their wrist" challenge or the "dynami dies" challenge- jkno i decided to draw shadarsia (my progen and the leader of the midnight seclusion) and her biological kids. i didn't include chara because she's not shadarsia's biological child, but i promise shadarsia loves her all the same ok [s]i'll be doing chara right after and i'll talk about similar things with her[/s] i took a lot of liberties with these designs for a variety of reasons. while shadarsia has the tiger gene, it's kind of busy and to draw it in detail every time i draw her, it would make things tedious. while busy designs can look cool, just simple ones can be more memorable and appealing as well. i also changed up the color scheme a bit. i kept true to the hues, but i used differing shades. the reason for this is that shadarsia and calemvir both have royal as a primary. if i used the same shade of purple, they would look less unique from each other. as for their facial expression and shape, i wanted them to give off a certain "energy" that would give people an idea of their personalities. shadarsia is kind of mean, she's a ruthless leader (though not sadistic), but she loves her children and feels very strongly about them. calemvir is sweet, semi-awkward, and a good friend, but as a guard, he's strong, brave, and honorable. he is honest about his feelings and is the type of dragon to break up conflict, especially between umbra and their older adopted sister, chara. as for umbra, she's... kind of like a spoiled bratty teenager. her mother, chara, and some other older dragons try to educate her, but sometimes she gets angry when she doesn't get her way. so i tried to have their expression and design give out that sort of feeling. also, i know hybrids aren't canon, but shadarsia's father in lore is a wildclaw, therefore she has wildclaw-esque spines along the back of her neck. you cannot stop me. ty for listening to my rambling
Shadarsia, Umbra, and Calemvir

@Mnkn10 @Runarite @WinterMist @Acilil @Frency @ArcanicUsva @Neverland

guardian_fam.png

alrighty, first one is done. haven't destroyed my wrist yet but it'll happen at some point i bet. we might as well call this the "dynami destroys their wrist" challenge or the "dynami dies" challenge- jkno

i decided to draw shadarsia (my progen and the leader of the midnight seclusion) and her biological kids. i didn't include chara because she's not shadarsia's biological child, but i promise shadarsia loves her all the same ok
i'll be doing chara right after and i'll talk about similar things with her

i took a lot of liberties with these designs for a variety of reasons. while shadarsia has the tiger gene, it's kind of busy and to draw it in detail every time i draw her, it would make things tedious. while busy designs can look cool, just simple ones can be more memorable and appealing as well.
i also changed up the color scheme a bit. i kept true to the hues, but i used differing shades. the reason for this is that shadarsia and calemvir both have royal as a primary. if i used the same shade of purple, they would look less unique from each other.

as for their facial expression and shape, i wanted them to give off a certain "energy" that would give people an idea of their personalities. shadarsia is kind of mean, she's a ruthless leader (though not sadistic), but she loves her children and feels very strongly about them.
calemvir is sweet, semi-awkward, and a good friend, but as a guard, he's strong, brave, and honorable. he is honest about his feelings and is the type of dragon to break up conflict, especially between umbra and their older adopted sister, chara.
as for umbra, she's... kind of like a spoiled bratty teenager. her mother, chara, and some other older dragons try to educate her, but sometimes she gets angry when she doesn't get her way. so i tried to have their expression and design give out that sort of feeling.

also, i know hybrids aren't canon, but shadarsia's father in lore is a wildclaw, therefore she has wildclaw-esque spines along the back of her neck. you cannot stop me.

ty for listening to my rambling
Hybrid designs are very valid though. And really nice looking, too! I rly enjoy how they all look clearly related and yet so distinctly different from each other <3
Hybrid designs are very valid though. And really nice looking, too! I rly enjoy how they all look clearly related and yet so distinctly different from each other <3
[center][size=4][b]Chara[/b][/size] [size=1]@Mnkn10 @Runarite @WinterMist @Acilil @Frency @ArcanicUsva @Neverland[/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/330615331343302658/664240487078690847/i_love_ram_horns_ok.png[/img][/center] have an undertale fandragon that nobody asked for ...well actually she's technically an undertale fandragon and technically not so??? allow me to provide some context that can give you an idea of her character if you care about that aspect chara is shadarsia's adopted daughter and the eldest sibling of calemvir and umbra (if she counts, that is). she had a tough childhood, neglected and disliked by her real mother while her father was never around. when her mother adopted a young pearlcatcher named frisk (haha yes another reference), she showed frisk all the love she never gave chara. consumed by her jealousy and anger, chara resented frisk and treated her horribly until she finally chose to leave at a young age. after getting stuck in the foxfire bramble, she was found by shadarsia and her best friend, touka. they freed her and decided to take her in, with shadarsia raising chara as her own. although the guardian was certainly strict, she never treated her, umbra, or calemvir badly or with preferential treatment. she taught them how to fight and hunt, she listened to them when they needed it, and her disciplinary actions weren't extreme. when chara fell very ill one day, shadarsia did absolutely everything she could to help her even if she could only enlist the help of experienced healers. later, chara and calemvir became guards. chara ended up as a trainer in the capital (a very high honor), and calemvir as one of the capital guards. personality-wise, chara tries to be formal and treats others equally depending on the circumstances. but she also has a crude sense of humor and isn't above using... language. while nicer to her family, she isn't afraid to be honest and stand up for herself or others. this is also true with umbra - since umbra can act rude, snobby, and selfish, chara takes it upon herself to scold her or at least keep her in place when shadarsia isn't around. for the design, i gave chara ram horns because honestly, you can't not give her ram horns. besides, it's fitting for her role. chara is strong and definitely doesn't take anything from anybody. she's more of a serious character, so i tried to show that in her expression. she is also tall which adds to the intimidating factor. but when it comes to her family, she is compassionate, even with the issues she has with controlling her anger. i wanted her to look a little mean and intimidating, but not [i]too[/i] mean. she also cares about her appearance and looking presentable, so i tried to make her appear pretty (of course depending on who you talk to, it's in the eye of the beholder after all). oh man that was long, hope you enjoyed my rambling

have an undertale fandragon that nobody asked for
...well actually she's technically an undertale fandragon and technically not so???

allow me to provide some context that can give you an idea of her character if you care about that aspect
chara is shadarsia's adopted daughter and the eldest sibling of calemvir and umbra (if she counts, that is). she had a tough childhood, neglected and disliked by her real mother while her father was never around. when her mother adopted a young pearlcatcher named frisk (haha yes another reference), she showed frisk all the love she never gave chara. consumed by her jealousy and anger, chara resented frisk and treated her horribly until she finally chose to leave at a young age.

after getting stuck in the foxfire bramble, she was found by shadarsia and her best friend, touka. they freed her and decided to take her in, with shadarsia raising chara as her own. although the guardian was certainly strict, she never treated her, umbra, or calemvir badly or with preferential treatment. she taught them how to fight and hunt, she listened to them when they needed it, and her disciplinary actions weren't extreme. when chara fell very ill one day, shadarsia did absolutely everything she could to help her even if she could only enlist the help of experienced healers. later, chara and calemvir became guards. chara ended up as a trainer in the capital (a very high honor), and calemvir as one of the capital guards.

personality-wise, chara tries to be formal and treats others equally depending on the circumstances. but she also has a crude sense of humor and isn't above using... language. while nicer to her family, she isn't afraid to be honest and stand up for herself or others. this is also true with umbra - since umbra can act rude, snobby, and selfish, chara takes it upon herself to scold her or at least keep her in place when shadarsia isn't around.

for the design, i gave chara ram horns because honestly, you can't not give her ram horns. besides, it's fitting for her role.
chara is strong and definitely doesn't take anything from anybody. she's more of a serious character, so i tried to show that in her expression. she is also tall which adds to the intimidating factor.
but when it comes to her family, she is compassionate, even with the issues she has with controlling her anger. i wanted her to look a little mean and intimidating, but not too mean. she also cares about her appearance and looking presentable, so i tried to make her appear pretty (of course depending on who you talk to, it's in the eye of the beholder after all).

oh man that was long, hope you enjoyed my rambling
Schroedinger's Undertale fandragon, simultaneously is and isn't a fandragon.

Real talk though!! I love the lore and she's real pretty :O
Schroedinger's Undertale fandragon, simultaneously is and isn't a fandragon.

Real talk though!! I love the lore and she's real pretty :O
1 2 3 4