Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | NaLoWriMo 2019
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
Written for my Explore the Scarred Wasteland event that's ending today. I like it so I'm counting it Mochi is heading home. It's been a long and (frankly) exhausting month of travel and interaction with all sorts of Plagueland denizens and tourists. He feels like he's learned a ton, gained much, and maybe spread a bit of good will himself, but he's ready to return to familiar places and familiar faces and maybe just sit for a day or two. He's daydreaming about all the things he wants to do when he gets home when a quiet cough pulls him out of his reverie. He looks up into a toothy grin and bulging, pustule-like eyeballs crawling all over a rather unfortunate face. He leaps back with a sharp intake of breath, ready to run if the occasion requires it, but the mirror only stares politely back at him. That's when Mochi notices the clipboard. And the hat. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48017307] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480174/48017307_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The mirror clears his throat and holds the clipboard up to his nose, milky eye sacs quivering with indistinct movement. "Hello! Sir or Madam or both or non-specifying. I am..." he pauses, "Vibrio, and I would like to tell you about an association of long and noble standing. Do you have a moment to learn more about this prestigious league of fellowship?" The mirror continues without pausing. "The Mirrors-In-Hats club was established.... I'm sorry I'm not very good at math. Was established a fair number of years ago to bring Mirrors-In-Hats lovers together from all around Sornieth. Our club members conduct many charitable works to support mirrors and especially mirrors that wear hats. This necessary philanthropy has brought hats to mirrors who would otherwise be hatless and living in hatless ignorance. Our missionaries have hatted these hatless mirrors the width and breadth of Sornieth except for the Southern Icefields because that place is too far and cold but we have sent them pamphlets. Numerous pamphlets." The mirror licks a thumb and flips over a page on the clipboard. "Today I am asking if you would like to join our illustrious ranks in the Mirrors-In-Hats club. Pause for response. Thank you so much for your patronage, new member's name! Please accept these small tokens of membership so that you may know your fellow Mirrors-In-Hats members and they may know you. Membership dues are owed on the first of every month. Hand new member pamphlet and blank billing form. Please have a wonderful day!" The mirror nods to himself, lowers the clipboard, and gives Mochi another brilliant grin as he offers the following items: [center][item=pinpush mirror doll][item=pink daisy cabbie][item=messengers scroll][item=intact parchment][/center]
Written for my Explore the Scarred Wasteland event that's ending today. I like it so I'm counting it

Mochi is heading home. It's been a long and (frankly) exhausting month of travel and interaction with all sorts of Plagueland denizens and tourists. He feels like he's learned a ton, gained much, and maybe spread a bit of good will himself, but he's ready to return to familiar places and familiar faces and maybe just sit for a day or two. He's daydreaming about all the things he wants to do when he gets home when a quiet cough pulls him out of his reverie.

He looks up into a toothy grin and bulging, pustule-like eyeballs crawling all over a rather unfortunate face. He leaps back with a sharp intake of breath, ready to run if the occasion requires it, but the mirror only stares politely back at him. That's when Mochi notices the clipboard. And the hat.

The mirror clears his throat and holds the clipboard up to his nose, milky eye sacs quivering with indistinct movement. "Hello! Sir or Madam or both or non-specifying. I am..." he pauses, "Vibrio, and I would like to tell you about an association of long and noble standing. Do you have a moment to learn more about this prestigious league of fellowship?" The mirror continues without pausing. "The Mirrors-In-Hats club was established.... I'm sorry I'm not very good at math. Was established a fair number of years ago to bring Mirrors-In-Hats lovers together from all around Sornieth. Our club members conduct many charitable works to support mirrors and especially mirrors that wear hats. This necessary philanthropy has brought hats to mirrors who would otherwise be hatless and living in hatless ignorance. Our missionaries have hatted these hatless mirrors the width and breadth of Sornieth except for the Southern Icefields because that place is too far and cold but we have sent them pamphlets. Numerous pamphlets." The mirror licks a thumb and flips over a page on the clipboard. "Today I am asking if you would like to join our illustrious ranks in the Mirrors-In-Hats club. Pause for response. Thank you so much for your patronage, new member's name! Please accept these small tokens of membership so that you may know your fellow Mirrors-In-Hats members and they may know you. Membership dues are owed on the first of every month. Hand new member pamphlet and blank billing form. Please have a wonderful day!"

The mirror nods to himself, lowers the clipboard, and gives Mochi another brilliant grin as he offers the following items:

Pinpush Mirror Doll Pink Daisy Cabbie Intact Parchment
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
This sounds like fun! I might not be able to participate everyday because my life can get busy with school and other tasks, but I'll try to write as much as I can!
I've been brainstorming my clan lore for a while and I hope to complete at least a few of my dragons' stories.
This sounds like fun! I might not be able to participate everyday because my life can get busy with school and other tasks, but I'll try to write as much as I can!
I've been brainstorming my clan lore for a while and I hope to complete at least a few of my dragons' stories.
luminaxforever.gif
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53129026] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/531291/53129026_350.png[/img] [/url] Wrote a bit for Rarcael's bio today![/center]

53129026_350.png

Wrote a bit for Rarcael's bio today!
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
Today I got Bugle! I don't have as solid an idea with her than some of the other dragons in my lair so I haven't gotten as much for her. I also added a little bit more to Flora's bio (The relationships bit, not much but every word counts!) [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43637368] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/436374/43637368_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] I also changed my avatar and vista for NaLoWriMo! I just thought it'd be cute.
Today I got Bugle! I don't have as solid an idea with her than some of the other dragons in my lair so I haven't gotten as much for her. I also added a little bit more to Flora's bio (The relationships bit, not much but every word counts!) I also changed my avatar and vista for NaLoWriMo! I just thought it'd be cute.
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Did a prompt from Lorerising on FR for these two [quote]Pick a couple in your lair. How would they describe the other?[/quote] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=122162&tab=dragon&did=54859366][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/548594/54859366.png[/img][/url][/center] NEMACYTE: “I was quite surprised to find I was a charge to a guardian out there somewhere - but now, well, I don’t know what I’d do without him, it scared me terribly when he fell ill - and more because I was the cause due to my unfortunate for others biology, I’m quite hazardous to be around after all, but he never shrunk away - and it was by the miracles of myself and Phobia we managed to synthesise what would save his life even if it left him in his current state. I can’t imagine my life without Theron now - his Constance steady presence and ever looming shadow, not to mention he’s always making sure I don’t get too carried away with my work - as I tend to forget to eat if I do aha - he might seem all tough but he’s a true gentlemen even though he is a drake of few words - I’d know I’d not be the same if I ever lost him” [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=122162&did=55488326][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/554884/55488326.png[/img][/url][/center] THERON: “Nemacccyte preciousss, mosssst valued one - not live without herrr, assss sssstrange asss ssshe can be” it hurts the guardian to talk overmuch past his hissing and growling given what he’s been through, but you feel the genuine warmth and love in his garbled growling words.
Did a prompt from Lorerising on FR for these two
Quote:
Pick a couple in your lair. How would they describe the other?
54859366.png

NEMACYTE: “I was quite surprised to find I was a charge to a guardian out there somewhere - but now, well, I don’t know what I’d do without him, it scared me terribly when he fell ill - and more because I was the cause due to my unfortunate for others biology, I’m quite hazardous to be around after all, but he never shrunk away - and it was by the miracles of myself and Phobia we managed to synthesise what would save his life even if it left him in his current state.

I can’t imagine my life without Theron now - his Constance steady presence and ever looming shadow, not to mention he’s always making sure I don’t get too carried away with my work - as I tend to forget to eat if I do aha - he might seem all tough but he’s a true gentlemen even though he is a drake of few words - I’d know I’d not be the same if I ever lost him”
55488326.png

THERON: “Nemacccyte preciousss, mosssst valued one - not live without herrr, assss sssstrange asss ssshe can be” it hurts the guardian to talk overmuch past his hissing and growling given what he’s been through, but you feel the genuine warmth and love in his garbled growling words.
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

I wrote another chapter between yesterday and today. I'm going to start the next one after I eat a late breakfast because the characters are feeling lively enough in my head for it atm.

I should have been including my bio writing but I've not been. Now I don't remember who I worked on, lmao
I wrote another chapter between yesterday and today. I'm going to start the next one after I eat a late breakfast because the characters are feeling lively enough in my head for it atm.

I should have been including my bio writing but I've not been. Now I don't remember who I worked on, lmao
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Ooo! Sounds fun! Would it be alright if I still join? Can't access the spreadsheet on mobile though. Will I need to do that?
Ooo! Sounds fun! Would it be alright if I still join? Can't access the spreadsheet on mobile though. Will I need to do that?
My writing yesterday was non-FR related, but I worked on a couple of dragon bios today. I managed to finish Furta's. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55282895] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552829/55282895_350.png[/img] [/url]
My writing yesterday was non-FR related, but I worked on a couple of dragon bios today. I managed to finish Furta's.

55282895_350.png
luminaxforever.gif
@3idolon

Sorry if I didn't need to ping but,

Hi! I didn't see this thread until today, but I'm doing NaNoWriMo, and I'd like to enter myself here! I'll put all my info into the spreadsheet, but I just wanna say I have written all three days so far! And can I be put on the pinglist for like, anything that happens?
@3idolon

Sorry if I didn't need to ping but,

Hi! I didn't see this thread until today, but I'm doing NaNoWriMo, and I'd like to enter myself here! I'll put all my info into the spreadsheet, but I just wanna say I have written all three days so far! And can I be put on the pinglist for like, anything that happens?

40617218.png

Are You My Charge?
100 Hatchling Challenge!

56852904.png
Fated For Greatness
A Pinkerlocke
Some flavor text for my RoR event (which is still running because REASONS) After a long and tiring journey, the Tributes are helped from their mounts and led, still blindfolded, along a wooden walkway and into a large tent. There your eyes are uncovered and you find yourself facing a simple raised platform where the ragged Pearlcatcher waits, eyes sweeping up and down your ranks in solemn regard. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33429818] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334299/33429818_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The smell of damp and rot is almost overwhelming. There's a whisper coming from beyond the walls of the tent, barely audible over the crack of the wind and the creaking of the wooden floor as the Tributes shift their weight and look around them uneasily. Finally the Pearlcatcher raps the staff of her banner against the ground. "Tributes, welcome. The Arena awaits you, to test you and embrace you should you fall. You have chosen to stand before the Plaguebringer to demand Her regard, and all of Plague acknowledges your resolve. On behalf of the Scarred Wasteland I salute you." She brings the staff down once more. "You are well aware of the rules, however the Arena holds additional dangers this year that must be made known to all of you, lest the Plague dragons among you receive unfair advantage." The Pearlcatcher waves an arm and the far wall of the tent is ripped away. The ceiling and other walls follow, the canvas quickly reeled in to either side, leaving the Tributes exposed to the ruddy light of evening. The land stretches out in all directions, flat and featureless, with sickly grey-green vegetation hiding the soil beneath. Clouds gather in the East and race to the West, blown by a brisk wind that brings with it the tang of salt. Despite the breeze, rank moisture rises up from the ground beneath, a fetid humidity that clings to your clothes. The Cornucopia stands beyond a slight swell of trees, their branches draped with trailing moss. With the shrouding canvas gone, the hum of insects sounds from every side. "You stand now in the tidal bogs that border the Sea of A Thousand Currents. Do not attempt to reach the sea, the Arena limits forbid it. Know that the land here is deceptively hostile. The water is not potable, the animal life venomous or poisonous or both. The plants have adapted to an environment of scarce nutrients and have become flesh-eating. Do not underestimate even the smallest creature of this place. Beware, also, the sinking mud that will drag you down and the tidal floods that inundate the area at unpredictable intervals. Dry ground does not exist here, nor dry wood for fires. Your days will be damp and your nights cold. Prepare for the land itself to be hostile to your presence. Let my words be a warning to you, Tributes, but remember also that Mother loves you. Now, begin." And with that the Pearlcatcher takes wing, shooting up into the sky and disappearing into the haze. The other attendants take flight as well, leaving 24 Tributes staring at each other, and the Cornucopia waiting in the distance.
Some flavor text for my RoR event (which is still running because REASONS)

After a long and tiring journey, the Tributes are helped from their mounts and led, still blindfolded, along a wooden walkway and into a large tent. There your eyes are uncovered and you find yourself facing a simple raised platform where the ragged Pearlcatcher waits, eyes sweeping up and down your ranks in solemn regard.

The smell of damp and rot is almost overwhelming. There's a whisper coming from beyond the walls of the tent, barely audible over the crack of the wind and the creaking of the wooden floor as the Tributes shift their weight and look around them uneasily. Finally the Pearlcatcher raps the staff of her banner against the ground.

"Tributes, welcome. The Arena awaits you, to test you and embrace you should you fall. You have chosen to stand before the Plaguebringer to demand Her regard, and all of Plague acknowledges your resolve. On behalf of the Scarred Wasteland I salute you." She brings the staff down once more. "You are well aware of the rules, however the Arena holds additional dangers this year that must be made known to all of you, lest the Plague dragons among you receive unfair advantage." The Pearlcatcher waves an arm and the far wall of the tent is ripped away. The ceiling and other walls follow, the canvas quickly reeled in to either side, leaving the Tributes exposed to the ruddy light of evening.

The land stretches out in all directions, flat and featureless, with sickly grey-green vegetation hiding the soil beneath. Clouds gather in the East and race to the West, blown by a brisk wind that brings with it the tang of salt. Despite the breeze, rank moisture rises up from the ground beneath, a fetid humidity that clings to your clothes. The Cornucopia stands beyond a slight swell of trees, their branches draped with trailing moss. With the shrouding canvas gone, the hum of insects sounds from every side.

"You stand now in the tidal bogs that border the Sea of A Thousand Currents. Do not attempt to reach the sea, the Arena limits forbid it. Know that the land here is deceptively hostile. The water is not potable, the animal life venomous or poisonous or both. The plants have adapted to an environment of scarce nutrients and have become flesh-eating. Do not underestimate even the smallest creature of this place. Beware, also, the sinking mud that will drag you down and the tidal floods that inundate the area at unpredictable intervals. Dry ground does not exist here, nor dry wood for fires. Your days will be damp and your nights cold. Prepare for the land itself to be hostile to your presence. Let my words be a warning to you, Tributes, but remember also that Mother loves you. Now, begin."

And with that the Pearlcatcher takes wing, shooting up into the sky and disappearing into the haze. The other attendants take flight as well, leaving 24 Tributes staring at each other, and the Cornucopia waiting in the distance.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30