Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Raffle] 2019 Secret Santa Art Trade
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][SIZE=4][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223] > > > THE MAIN THREAD IS HERE < < <[/url][/SIZE][/center] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Disclaimer: this is NOT the official sign-up thread for the secret santa art trade, just the raffle. [b][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631286675909115925/FR_SS_2019_Banner.png[/img] [b]The raffle has concluded. Winners to be announced shortly, with art to come sometime after that. [/b] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Hi everyone![/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Read on to find out how you can have [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]a chance to win free Gaoler art![/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]As you can see from the incomplete banner above, we are missing a Gaoler (or two) to help champion this year's Secret Santa Art Trade! We're on the lookout to fill this very important role and it could be your Gaoler![/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Gaoler Art Raffle[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Want free art of your Gaoler and to be immortalized on our Secret Santa 2019 banner? Then read on![/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][u]Prize[/u][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]:[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Lizzi, Fighting Polygon and Hexlash will work together to draw a Gaoler of your choice to be put on our Secret Santa 2019 banners.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]There will be [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]two winners[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]: one on our [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]main banner[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] and one on our [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]sign-up banner[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]. Drawings for each will be done separately.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Additionally, the winners will receive a full resolution (with transparent background) copy of their Gaoler without the banner. (Current design is a WIP and subject to change.) [/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][u]How to Enter[/u][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]:[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]Everyone is free to enter[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]! [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]No[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I] need to participate in the actual Secret Santa Art Trade[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]: just post your interest in this thread and you'll be entered for a chance to win.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][u]Bonus Entries:[/u][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]You can get additional chances to win by helping us spread the word by doing the following:[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B][+1 chance] [/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Adding [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2762750#post_40890619]the banner[/url] to your clan profile.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B][+1 chance][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Adding [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2762750#post_40890619]the button[/url] to your forum signature.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B][+1 chance per referral][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Refer someone to sign-up for the Secret Santa Art Trade (not this raffle) and have them mention you in the sign-up form.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Current entries are listed [/FONT][/SIZE][URL=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14l7lF5TVKQ0M3whX7K_Dp9icl12aHJilMmFEYlzPCaM/edit?usp=drivesdk][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#1155cc]here[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]. One name is one chance to win. [/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Please notify us if you meet the conditions for the extra entries after your initial entry.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](We ask that you leave the banner/button there for the duration of the raffle and would really appreciate if you left it there until sign-ups close!)[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][u]Duration:[/u][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Raffle will close and the winners drawn for [b]Friday November 22nd at rollover [/b](12am Pacific Time)[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][u]Conditions, Rules, Disclaimers and Other Info:[/u][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]You must be willing to have your Gaoler be in our banner. You cannot win more than once. For the bonus entries, please leave the button/banner up for at least the duration of the raffle. If a winner does not claim their prize within a week, we will draw again. The date the raffle ends is subject to change if we deem necessary and any changes will be communicated to all participants (for bonus entry applicability, we only require the button/banner be up until the original end date (the 22nd)). Again, participation in the Secret Santa Art trade is not required to enter. People who do sign-up for the Secret Santa do not gain any advantage. There is no guarantee of when the art will be completed, but we would hope some time soon after the drawing so our banner doesn't stay incomplete lol[/FONT][/SIZE] [center]* * * * *[/center] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][u]Preplanning Stuff Unrelated to Raffle[/u][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]It's almost that time of year again! We here at owo industries are gearing up for the 4th Annual Flight Rising Secret Santa Art Trade for 2019!! We want to keep making this event better, more fun and more inclusive for everyone, as well as bigger than ever! To do so, we have a few ideas and questions to throw your way, based off last year's feedback and what we learnt the last few years.[/FONT][/SIZE] The following are potential ideas for how we'll run the event, and may or may not be implemented in the way described if at all. [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Discord Server[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]This year, we are considering [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]hosting a Discord Server[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] for participants that may want to interact and chat with other participants or even just those interested in the event, live. Not everyone is willing to get Discord for the purposes of administering the event, so the discord server will be a [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]purely optional place to connect[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]. If there is not enough interest in the Discord, we will not bother running one. (EDIT) There may be an art minigame [emoji=coatl winking size=1] [/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]It is likely that the Discord server will be a place to get live answers to any non-private questions as well, speaking of which...[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Question Queue[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Last year, there were some mishaps with timely communication and addressing questions which we regret. This year, to ensure questions are answered and in a far more organized fashion, we are considering how to implement a question queue so that people who ask questions can track its progress in a sort of ticket to ensure that we are aware of it, and that someone can address it.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Some ideas for this:[/FONT][/SIZE] [LIST] [*][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I]Google Sheet with or without a Google Form[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=3]: You would put your name into the Google sheets (or submit a small Google form) to let us know you've sent a question and to whom. We can then track who still has a question, regardless of whom the mail was sent to.[/SIZE] [/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I]Manual post to alert us on forums[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=3] (perhaps placed in sign-up thread after sign-ups close?): These would just be forum posts so that we all know a question was made. Then you edit the post once the question is answered.[/SIZE] [/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I]Keep it simple[/I][/SIZE][SIZE=3]: if we don't answer within 48 hours (24 if somewhat urgent) or you see us active but have not replied, send it to another one of us, or send the message again, (no worries about spam!).[/SIZE] [/FONT][/SIZE][/LIST] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]These methods are for private questions. The biggest problem is that if the question is only sent to one of us and we can't reply, then we might miss it.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Tiered Trades[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]This year, we are considering the introduction of [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][B]tiered trades[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]. Just as real secret santas have price tiers, everyone may have a better experience if we implement effort tiers when signing up.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]The first issue however, is that unlike money, judging effort is difficult, a bit ambiguous and will likely be mostly self enforced. I have proposed the following four tiers and would like feedback on how reasonable or realistic they may be:[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]1 - just flat colour, lines, small sized, few details[/I][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]2 - minimal shading, medium sized, fair details, simple background[/I][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]3 - lots of shading, large sized, many details, detailed background / simple animation / craft[/I][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]4 - extensively coloured and shaded, highly detailed, elaborate background / well animated / detailed craft[/I][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Alternatively, tiers based upon [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]cumulative hours spent[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] on the piece.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]One of the concerns is that, with too few participants, it will be too difficult to match all tiers, and in this case, tiers will be reduced (for example 1+2, 3+4 will be combined) or not considered altogether.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Note: Tiers are [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]NOT[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] designed to, nor will they, account for skill. It is [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]purely a measure of effort[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial].[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Anthro Separate Category[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Last year, we had “anthros” (anthropomorphic animals - think Nick Wilde) grouped in with the “human/gijinka” category. We ended up having to manually match most of these as there were limited entrants and some complications.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]This year, we are considering [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]splitting anthros into their own category [/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]entirely, along with [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]non-dragon ferals[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]. We hope that this makes drawing less confusing and improves match making. However, there may not be enough participants choosing these categories, which still complicates things.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Sign-Up Options[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Last year, we had a lot of success with sign-ups done through the forums, and it seemed most people preferred the familiar forums over the uncertainty of Google Forms.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]However, problems appeared on both sides. The form itself was a bit confusing, had lots of terms that people may not have been familiar with and required lots of scrolling and double checking for you guys. For us, we had to figure out how to turn written sentences and answers outside of the given options into input that we could use and there was some ambiguity.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]This year, we have decided to keep the forums as the main place to sign-up, but are considering the introduction of a custom website that will guide you through each step of the sign-up form, define terms you may not be familiar with for the purposes of the event, and then give you your completed form to copy paste into the forums, where you can edit it later if your heart so desires.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]We want to know if you’d be open to going through a site to sign-up. This would likely be a minimalist site written from the ground up, so we want to ensure it’d be something people would use before creating it. The hope is that signing up works on desktop or mobile, and involves just answering questions.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Preference Ranking[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]This year, instead of choosing a preference for drawing and receiving, we are considering implementing a ranking. The rankings go from "I want this" to "I do not want this". If we end up implementing the additional anthro and feral categories, then there will be 4 slots for ranking. (Initial matchmaking tests matched 100% of first preference for drawing with first preference for receiving.)[/FONT][/SIZE] [quote][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I want:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Dragon Ferals[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I am okay with:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Non-Dragon Ferals[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I could do: [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Anthro[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I do not want:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Gijinka/Human[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]"No preference" will still be a choice, and choosing it automatically makes lower preference ranking no preference as well.[/FONT][/SIZE] [quote][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I want:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Dragon Ferals[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I am okay with:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]No Pref[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I could do: [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]No Pref[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I do not want:[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]No Pref[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Questions: Do you think this system makes sense? Would you prefer to rank your categories rather than choose a singular preference? Does this make it more complicated? [/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][B]Art Submissions[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Some people weren't perfectly comfortable with submitting through the Google Form last year, as they did not have confirmation of what they submitted compared to sending through mail. Plus, if someone wanted to change what they submitted (fix something, update resolution, etc), they'd still have to mail us.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I've been considering extending the potential custom site for signing up to also support submitting art. Art submissions would follow a similar process as signing up where you answer some questions before [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][I]supplying the link[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] to the image - we cannot support uploading of images directly.[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]The intent is that you are able to view the image that you submitted, and resubmit the image if you please. This would only work per browser. For example, if you submitted the image link on Google Chrome on your desktop, it would "remember you" and show what you've submitted and allow changing that submission. There would be no way to see the same submission from Firefox or Mobile Chrome. If you cleared your cache and cookies, you would no longer be able to edit your submission from the site.[/FONT][/SIZE] [center]* * * * *[/center] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]And that’s all folks! Thank you for reading, even if you didn’t read the whole thing, we greatly appreciate any bit of feedback you might have. We’re excited to get this thing rolling October 18th![/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE] @Lizzi @cordifolium @chantric @Lurkingmingo @lycheejelly @Accelerator @mysticpenguin @Angelfire335 @Lurkingmingo @Crescentstar711 @Nyctea @Amadeos @Rivertyl @Fanartsy @Auries @LM2 @GhostlyDeity @GlitchyOddy @Neptunite @texaspooky @Harmonywish @Theine @Zif @eieru @Desnik @Vektrie @Zemo @Violetah @Xuiya @Lopika @Salvation @themirrorswish @PumpKingKaos @baubleBee @Braixen @kitersi @Reefknot @Valkael @Pericci @baelfin @Lyka @BlackRayser @Princoxx @CabbageCat @Hotpocketguru @Eeeviee @Spottedleaf125 @Holysnacks @Cumulus @NameChange851 @BlazingPhoenix01 @ThreeEyedRaven @rosemilk @xiaoyao8 @NameChange851 @Malreau @NameChange851 @CoffeeCaat @Mobian @Natakiro @PelicanBitten @cerpin @arikin @Nettletea @Lathander @ColonelChicken @TheRunawayRaven @ArowanaPrincess @Apfelobst @Lokenosse @aquasoars @Midnightpinto @Yarrow @Skysong20 @XxSwiftwaterxX @Mayuli @snowy @unck @BokuHiro6 @Clubbingclown @AlixMode @Wythern @Burnmoon @Acuarela @Adaris @MichaelaHarsh09 @Giltine13 @doodledraw @divitineo @Sommfi @CreatorHolly @Thewarywatcher13 @Valthan @TheEnderDraco @LaughingZuru @Hexlash @Doog87 @queenhelixxia @triibu @FightingPolygon @Tomata @XJSX @GadzooksTD @Screemnigcheese @Enkue

Disclaimer: this is NOT the official sign-up thread for the secret santa art trade, just the raffle.
FR_SS_2019_Banner.png

The raffle has concluded. Winners to be announced shortly, with art to come sometime after that.

Hi everyone!

Read on to find out how you can have a chance to win free Gaoler art!

As you can see from the incomplete banner above, we are missing a Gaoler (or two) to help champion this year's Secret Santa Art Trade! We're on the lookout to fill this very important role and it could be your Gaoler!

Gaoler Art Raffle
Want free art of your Gaoler and to be immortalized on our Secret Santa 2019 banner? Then read on!

Prize:
Lizzi, Fighting Polygon and Hexlash will work together to draw a Gaoler of your choice to be put on our Secret Santa 2019 banners.

There will be two winners: one on our main banner and one on our sign-up banner. Drawings for each will be done separately.

Additionally, the winners will receive a full resolution (with transparent background) copy of their Gaoler without the banner.

(Current design is a WIP and subject to change.)

How to Enter:
Everyone is free to enter! No need to participate in the actual Secret Santa Art Trade: just post your interest in this thread and you'll be entered for a chance to win.

Bonus Entries:
You can get additional chances to win by helping us spread the word by doing the following:

[+1 chance] Adding the banner to your clan profile.
[+1 chance] Adding the button to your forum signature.

[+1 chance per referral] Refer someone to sign-up for the Secret Santa Art Trade (not this raffle) and have them mention you in the sign-up form.
Current entries are listed here. One name is one chance to win.

Please notify us if you meet the conditions for the extra entries after your initial entry.
(We ask that you leave the banner/button there for the duration of the raffle and would really appreciate if you left it there until sign-ups close!)

Duration:
Raffle will close and the winners drawn for Friday November 22nd at rollover (12am Pacific Time)

Conditions, Rules, Disclaimers and Other Info:
You must be willing to have your Gaoler be in our banner. You cannot win more than once. For the bonus entries, please leave the button/banner up for at least the duration of the raffle. If a winner does not claim their prize within a week, we will draw again. The date the raffle ends is subject to change if we deem necessary and any changes will be communicated to all participants (for bonus entry applicability, we only require the button/banner be up until the original end date (the 22nd)). Again, participation in the Secret Santa Art trade is not required to enter. People who do sign-up for the Secret Santa do not gain any advantage. There is no guarantee of when the art will be completed, but we would hope some time soon after the drawing so our banner doesn't stay incomplete lol

Preplanning Stuff Unrelated to Raffle

It's almost that time of year again! We here at owo industries are gearing up for the 4th Annual Flight Rising Secret Santa Art Trade for 2019!! We want to keep making this event better, more fun and more inclusive for everyone, as well as bigger than ever! To do so, we have a few ideas and questions to throw your way, based off last year's feedback and what we learnt the last few years.

The following are potential ideas for how we'll run the event, and may or may not be implemented in the way described if at all.

Discord Server
This year, we are considering hosting a Discord Server for participants that may want to interact and chat with other participants or even just those interested in the event, live. Not everyone is willing to get Discord for the purposes of administering the event, so the discord server will be a purely optional place to connect. If there is not enough interest in the Discord, we will not bother running one. (EDIT) There may be an art minigame
It is likely that the Discord server will be a place to get live answers to any non-private questions as well, speaking of which...

Question Queue
Last year, there were some mishaps with timely communication and addressing questions which we regret. This year, to ensure questions are answered and in a far more organized fashion, we are considering how to implement a question queue so that people who ask questions can track its progress in a sort of ticket to ensure that we are aware of it, and that someone can address it.

Some ideas for this:
  • Google Sheet with or without a Google Form: You would put your name into the Google sheets (or submit a small Google form) to let us know you've sent a question and to whom. We can then track who still has a question, regardless of whom the mail was sent to.
  • Manual post to alert us on forums (perhaps placed in sign-up thread after sign-ups close?): These would just be forum posts so that we all know a question was made. Then you edit the post once the question is answered.
  • Keep it simple: if we don't answer within 48 hours (24 if somewhat urgent) or you see us active but have not replied, send it to another one of us, or send the message again, (no worries about spam!).
These methods are for private questions. The biggest problem is that if the question is only sent to one of us and we can't reply, then we might miss it.

Tiered Trades
This year, we are considering the introduction of tiered trades. Just as real secret santas have price tiers, everyone may have a better experience if we implement effort tiers when signing up.
The first issue however, is that unlike money, judging effort is difficult, a bit ambiguous and will likely be mostly self enforced. I have proposed the following four tiers and would like feedback on how reasonable or realistic they may be:

1 - just flat colour, lines, small sized, few details
2 - minimal shading, medium sized, fair details, simple background
3 - lots of shading, large sized, many details, detailed background / simple animation / craft
4 - extensively coloured and shaded, highly detailed, elaborate background / well animated / detailed craft

Alternatively, tiers based upon cumulative hours spent on the piece.

One of the concerns is that, with too few participants, it will be too difficult to match all tiers, and in this case, tiers will be reduced (for example 1+2, 3+4 will be combined) or not considered altogether.

Note: Tiers are NOT designed to, nor will they, account for skill. It is purely a measure of effort.

Anthro Separate Category
Last year, we had “anthros” (anthropomorphic animals - think Nick Wilde) grouped in with the “human/gijinka” category. We ended up having to manually match most of these as there were limited entrants and some complications.

This year, we are considering splitting anthros into their own category entirely, along with non-dragon ferals. We hope that this makes drawing less confusing and improves match making. However, there may not be enough participants choosing these categories, which still complicates things.

Sign-Up Options
Last year, we had a lot of success with sign-ups done through the forums, and it seemed most people preferred the familiar forums over the uncertainty of Google Forms.

However, problems appeared on both sides. The form itself was a bit confusing, had lots of terms that people may not have been familiar with and required lots of scrolling and double checking for you guys. For us, we had to figure out how to turn written sentences and answers outside of the given options into input that we could use and there was some ambiguity.

This year, we have decided to keep the forums as the main place to sign-up, but are considering the introduction of a custom website that will guide you through each step of the sign-up form, define terms you may not be familiar with for the purposes of the event, and then give you your completed form to copy paste into the forums, where you can edit it later if your heart so desires.

We want to know if you’d be open to going through a site to sign-up. This would likely be a minimalist site written from the ground up, so we want to ensure it’d be something people would use before creating it. The hope is that signing up works on desktop or mobile, and involves just answering questions.

Preference Ranking
This year, instead of choosing a preference for drawing and receiving, we are considering implementing a ranking. The rankings go from "I want this" to "I do not want this". If we end up implementing the additional anthro and feral categories, then there will be 4 slots for ranking. (Initial matchmaking tests matched 100% of first preference for drawing with first preference for receiving.)
Quote:
I want: Dragon Ferals
I am okay with: Non-Dragon Ferals
I could do: Anthro
I do not want: Gijinka/Human

"No preference" will still be a choice, and choosing it automatically makes lower preference ranking no preference as well.
Quote:
I want: Dragon Ferals
I am okay with: No Pref
I could do: No Pref
I do not want: No Pref

Questions: Do you think this system makes sense? Would you prefer to rank your categories rather than choose a singular preference? Does this make it more complicated?

Art Submissions
Some people weren't perfectly comfortable with submitting through the Google Form last year, as they did not have confirmation of what they submitted compared to sending through mail. Plus, if someone wanted to change what they submitted (fix something, update resolution, etc), they'd still have to mail us.

I've been considering extending the potential custom site for signing up to also support submitting art. Art submissions would follow a similar process as signing up where you answer some questions before supplying the link to the image - we cannot support uploading of images directly.

The intent is that you are able to view the image that you submitted, and resubmit the image if you please. This would only work per browser. For example, if you submitted the image link on Google Chrome on your desktop, it would "remember you" and show what you've submitted and allow changing that submission. There would be no way to see the same submission from Firefox or Mobile Chrome. If you cleared your cache and cookies, you would no longer be able to edit your submission from the site.

And that’s all folks! Thank you for reading, even if you didn’t read the whole thing, we greatly appreciate any bit of feedback you might have. We’re excited to get this thing rolling October 18th!

@Lizzi @cordifolium @chantric @Lurkingmingo @lycheejelly @Accelerator @mysticpenguin @Angelfire335 @Lurkingmingo @Crescentstar711 @Nyctea @Amadeos @Rivertyl @Fanartsy @Auries @LM2 @GhostlyDeity @GlitchyOddy @Neptunite @texaspooky @Harmonywish @Theine @Zif @eieru @Desnik @Vektrie @Zemo @Violetah @Xuiya @Lopika @Salvation @themirrorswish @PumpKingKaos @baubleBee @Braixen @kitersi @Reefknot @Valkael @Pericci @baelfin @Lyka @BlackRayser @Princoxx @CabbageCat @Hotpocketguru @Eeeviee @Spottedleaf125 @Holysnacks @Cumulus @NameChange851 @BlazingPhoenix01 @ThreeEyedRaven @rosemilk @xiaoyao8 @NameChange851 @Malreau @NameChange851 @CoffeeCaat @Mobian @Natakiro @PelicanBitten @cerpin @arikin @Nettletea @Lathander @ColonelChicken @TheRunawayRaven @ArowanaPrincess @Apfelobst @Lokenosse @aquasoars @Midnightpinto @Yarrow @Skysong20 @XxSwiftwaterxX @Mayuli @snowy @unck @BokuHiro6 @Clubbingclown @AlixMode @Wythern @Burnmoon @Acuarela @Adaris @MichaelaHarsh09 @Giltine13 @doodledraw @divitineo @Sommfi @CreatorHolly @Thewarywatcher13 @Valthan @TheEnderDraco @LaughingZuru @Hexlash @Doog87 @queenhelixxia @triibu @FightingPolygon @Tomata @XJSX @GadzooksTD @Screemnigcheese @Enkue
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.pngFR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.pngFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngaxolotlsignature_by_friedsnipe-dbsrpae.pngAXOLOTLOTLOTLOTLOTL
[b]Clan Banner:[/b] [I]Banners updated to link directly to the main thread![/I] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631298928981180427/FR_SS_2019_Banner_clan.png[/img][/url][/center] [code][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631298928981180427/FR_SS_2019_Banner_clan.png[/img][/url][/center][/code] [b]Signature Button:[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631286706867404806/FR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.png[/img][/url][/center] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631286706867404806/FR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.png[/img][/url][/code]
Clan Banner:

Banners updated to link directly to the main thread!
FR_SS_2019_Banner_clan.png
Code:
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631298928981180427/FR_SS_2019_Banner_clan.png[/img][/url][/center]

Signature Button:
FR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.png
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2767223][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503665292057116679/631286706867404806/FR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.png[/img][/url]
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.pngFR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.pngFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngaxolotlsignature_by_friedsnipe-dbsrpae.pngAXOLOTLOTLOTLOTLOTL
Woah, hey, can I join the Gaoler raffle? Really looking forward to doing this again this year!!
Woah, hey, can I join the Gaoler raffle? Really looking forward to doing this again this year!!
0FEQE.gifuIpEb.gifFzmxW.gifeTn1w.gif8pHpP.gifkl0OI.gifd78Sc.gifnrEsz.gifPQjYl.gifarWVw.gifEkQA5.gifEMJ7C.gifmdW8B.gif7L9Ys.gifYpyXI.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
|
wswck9N.png
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Draco | 17 | she/they | FR+3
~ accents
~ wishlist
~ tumblr
~ toyhouse
~ adopts

11379478.gif
I'm interested in the Gaoler raffle. Also put the banner in my profile and signature :3
Really excited for the art trade again this year :O
I'm interested in the Gaoler raffle. Also put the banner in my profile and signature :3
Really excited for the art trade again this year :O
6fwmTnR.png
Probably not gonna join again this year but I'm dropping by to say hi :D
Probably not gonna join again this year but I'm dropping by to say hi :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
Been looking forward to this again!! I'm ready. I've already got the banner in my signature and profile for the raffle too :)

I really like the idea of the tiered trades, also.

Thank you guys for setting this up again <3
Been looking forward to this again!! I'm ready. I've already got the banner in my signature and profile for the raffle too :)

I really like the idea of the tiered trades, also.

Thank you guys for setting this up again <3
Cant wait for this year's event! I don't have any gaolers, so i wont be entering the raffle, but i would love a discord server. I also think it's good to consider the tiered trade. That means if i put super time consuming effort into a fullbodied piece i wont be getting an adopt in return. This hasn't happened to me yet thank goodness, but i think some form of tiering is great especially if someone still wants to participate but gets busy in the month of december
Cant wait for this year's event! I don't have any gaolers, so i wont be entering the raffle, but i would love a discord server. I also think it's good to consider the tiered trade. That means if i put super time consuming effort into a fullbodied piece i wont be getting an adopt in return. This hasn't happened to me yet thank goodness, but i think some form of tiering is great especially if someone still wants to participate but gets busy in the month of december
790f87b2b205f5a2a2efa0490e31703829f88607.png
OvO I am so excited to join in on this again this year! I think a discord server would be lovely as well (though I may be a bit biased as I do use discord regularly >v<).

A possible additional plus to having a server could be the potential for hosting images through it: Artwork could be sent directly to the event managers through private message and discord will then have the image hosted/the url can be used through that platform.
OvO I am so excited to join in on this again this year! I think a discord server would be lovely as well (though I may be a bit biased as I do use discord regularly >v<).

A possible additional plus to having a server could be the potential for hosting images through it: Artwork could be sent directly to the event managers through private message and discord will then have the image hosted/the url can be used through that platform.
61737_s.gif
I’d love to join this raffle, and I put your lovely banner in my bio! Good luck with everything you guys have going on right now, I know it must be difficult. I wish you all the best!
I’d love to join this raffle, and I put your lovely banner in my bio! Good luck with everything you guys have going on right now, I know it must be difficult. I wish you all the best!
giphy.gif

tumblr-fcf43398a53045352e382700ba218fd8-9ff7b70f-75.png Hiro
tumblr-fcf43398a53045352e382700ba218fd8-9ff7b70f-75.png they/she
tumblr-fcf43398a53045352e382700ba218fd8-9ff7b70f-75.png BNHA Hatchery
tumblr-fcf43398a53045352e382700ba218fd8-9ff7b70f-75.pngfandragons are everywhere
tumblr-fcf43398a53045352e382700ba218fd8-9ff7b70f-75.pngwishlist
I'm interested in entering the raffle :) I'm very excited to join the art trade this year!
I'm interested in entering the raffle :) I'm very excited to join the art trade this year!
TvhLm9X.png
♥♥♥ I love cute girls ♥♥♥
honoka_kousaka_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8clzoi.pngnozomi_tojo_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8cm10k.pnghanayo_koizumi_stamp_by_nooshi_beans-d8clzxt.png
|Art Shoppe|Gijinka Shop|Tumblr|Toyhouse|
Pk3djBI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6