Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Timelocke] The Key To Me
1 2 3
Ooh mysteriousness I love it
Ooh mysteriousness I love it
@Sugarkit Yayyy! [emoji=pearlcatcher laughing size=2]
@Sugarkit

Yayyy!
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#754431][font=comic sans ms][b]Day 3[/b][/font][/color][/size] Overall Roll: 129 (Neutral) Neutrals Roll: 89 (Whatever I Want)[/center] ----- [center]Related Items: [item=antique oil lamp][item=stardust sap lamp][item=sanded ash plank][/center] I'm experimenting with formatting all the rolls and stuff :3 ----- [b]"Run!"[/b] Shining yelled at them. He turned and started freeing his familiars, collecting the more helpless ones and sending all the birds up into the air. The fire was approaching fast, flaring across tents with gusts of wind, orange and dangerous, searing. Komodo scrambled away, pulling Theo behind him as they ran away. Seiche, like all the other dragons who weren't trying to save the familiars, was in the air. But everyone else was high up and safe, and she was flapping hard. [b]"Be careful!"[/b] Komodo yelled at her. [b]"Run!"[/b] she yelled back. [b]"Mandy!"[/b] Theo suddenly yelped. Komodo glanced back and saw that he had tripped and was tumbling to a stop. He tried to tug him forwards, but Theo, being dragged and also trying to keep Mandy safe in his claws, couldn't catch his footing, and they slowed down drastically. A flame licked Theo's feathers and he cried out. [b]"Help!"[/b] [b] "Watch out!"[/b] Komodo shoved Theo in front of him. [b]"I save you! Keep running!"[/b] He flapped his wings at him, and Theo, using his tail for balance, darted ahead of him. Komodo was running too, but being a spiral meant he had a long body, and soon the fire had engulfed the second half of him. The hot pain shot through his veins. A reflex made him jerk his legs out of the way. He then threw himself upwards and curling into a ball, squeezing his eyes closed. He was fully expecting very hot things to come burn him the moment he hid the ground. Instead, he felt a tug in his stomach, and a power surging out of all his scales. [b]"Komodo!"[/b] Seiche's scream was distant. He opened his eyes for a moment, just in time to see an explosion of blue. [i]Wait--[/i] he thought, [i]wasn't the fire orange?[/i] But there was no time to keep thinking, because-- [i]Sploomsh.[/i] A giant explosion shook the ground. The burning heat evaporated and icy cold hit him. It came in waves and washed over everything, like water, except not. And it was freezing, like the sky was slicing into him, and he could see the blue fire even though he had his eyes closed all the way. It [i]hurt[/i]. A lot. [b]"Mmph,"[/b] he let out a strained moan. He tried to move but he couldn't. The pain tore at his insides, biting into his scales and sucking his blood, scraping and screeching. He tried to scream but his mouth didn't move. Nothing worked! [i]Just make it stop![/i] his mind screamed. He wanted to groan and wail and sob. [i]Just make it stop.[/i] The blue fire slowly faded to darkness, and everything that hurt slipped away. He opened his eyes and took in a large gasp of air. [center]___[/center] Seiche had to stay above the fire. Or else Sis would know that she went out when she wasn't supposed to, and then she would be in big, big trouble. She would rather die in the fire than be in big trouble. She took a glance down at Theo and Komodo. Theo was a lot ahead of the fire now, and Komodo was-- [b]"Komodo!"[/b] she screamed. The wall of orange flame was coming at him. She saw him curl up in pain, and then a gust of icy cold something knocked her out of the air, sending her spiraling to the ground with a scream. She just managed to dodge a wood plank that hurled towards her head. A loud [i]Boom![/i] sounded and blue fire consumed everything for a moment, and then it was gone. She managed to catch herself before she crashed into the ground. [b]"Deep breathe,"[/b] she told herself. [b]"You gots to deep breathe."[/b] Unsteadily, she landed and put her claws over her heart, a trick she learned from surviving her sister. If she could feel her heartbeat, then she was okay. Now she had to find her friends. [b]"Theo? Komodo?"[/b] Seiche called. She saw a dark blue blob in the corner of her eye and turned. Theo was standing up awkwardly, shaking out his wings. His eyes met with Seiche's and she flew over to him. He had Mandy held safely in one claw, and was trembling. His trembling made Seiche realize she was shaking badly too. [b]"You okay?"[/b] she asked. [b]"I'm okay,"[/b] he said, his light blue eyes big. [b]"Mandy's okay too. Do you know where Komodo is?"[/b] [b]"Nopes."[/b] She shook her head. They looked around at their surroundings. Most of the tents and booths that were in the fire were scorched and blackened, but most of the damage came from the blue fire explosion. Debris was everywhere, and dragons were sprawled on the ground everywhere too. The dragons who had escaped into the sky high enough to not get blown to the ground were now landing carefully, talking and gasping to each other. A few small whimper sounded from behind them. Seiche whipped around. Komodo was lying a few tents away, twitching. [b]"Theo, over there,"[/b] she said, and then led him over. [b]"He's alive, right?"[/b] Theo said anxiously. She peered at Komodo. His eyes were wide open and not blinking. Big and scared. [b]"Um... You okay?"[/b] [b]"I think I did the ice fire,"[/b] he blurted, still tangled up in a knot and laying on his side. He looked even more tense than Theo was when he couldn't find his homework. [b]"No way. You're not even good at magic,"[/b] Seiche said. She shook her head, completely certain that Komodo was just thinking he was so much more better than he actually was. He always did that. [b]"And you're a Water dragon. You don't have fire magic,"[/b] Theo pointed out. [b]"But, uh, we should go home before our parents hear about it and get really, really worried."[/b] Seiche reached over to help Komodo sit up. "[b]There. Your leg's stuck between your arm and wing. Hold on, keep still."[/b] She managed to untangle three of his wings that were tied together. [b]"Pull my head through here,"[/b] he said in a strained voice. [b]"I can't make my muscles work right."[/b] [b]"I got ya."[/b] She gently grabbed a horn and tugged his head through. [b]"Wait, what's I doing wrong now?"[/b] He was in some weird twisted form where his head was upside-up but his body was upside-down and his legs were sticking up awkwardly. She studied him. [b]"Try twisting your legs down."[/b] [b]"Liiike... this?"[/b] [b]"No, other way."[/b] Komodo made a face as he concentrated. [b]"There!"[/b] He swept his tail back and forth happily. [b]"Now I'm all fixed.[/b]" [b]"We better go back now,"[/b] Theo warned them. [b]"Seiche's sister might come home early if she hears about this."[/b] Seiche's eyes widened. She did not want that to happen, because then there would be big trouble. [b]"Imma go. Come with me!"[/b] [b]"Fine, but you gotta believe that I made the icy fire,"[/b] Komodo said seriously. [b]"I don't gots to believe anything you say,"[/b] she told him, sticking out her tongue. [b]"And neither does Theo."[/b] [b]"And Mandy,"[/b] Theo piped up, petting the Sandshore Snipper with one wing as he walked. She was sitting cheerfully on his shoulder. [b]"And Mandy,"[/b] Seiche agreed. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @girlofSornieth @Sjmun[/center] ----- This was... long XD But I like action so yay!
Day 3

Overall Roll: 129 (Neutral)
Neutrals Roll: 89 (Whatever I Want)

Related Items:
Antique Oil Lamp Stardust Sap Lamp Sanded Ash Plank

I'm experimenting with formatting all the rolls and stuff :3
"Run!" Shining yelled at them. He turned and started freeing his familiars, collecting the more helpless ones and sending all the birds up into the air.

The fire was approaching fast, flaring across tents with gusts of wind, orange and dangerous, searing.

Komodo scrambled away, pulling Theo behind him as they ran away. Seiche, like all the other dragons who weren't trying to save the familiars, was in the air. But everyone else was high up and safe, and she was flapping hard.

"Be careful!" Komodo yelled at her.

"Run!" she yelled back.

"Mandy!" Theo suddenly yelped. Komodo glanced back and saw that he had tripped and was tumbling to a stop. He tried to tug him forwards, but Theo, being dragged and also trying to keep Mandy safe in his claws, couldn't catch his footing, and they slowed down drastically.

A flame licked Theo's feathers and he cried out. "Help!"

"Watch out!"
Komodo shoved Theo in front of him. "I save you! Keep running!" He flapped his wings at him, and Theo, using his tail for balance, darted ahead of him.

Komodo was running too, but being a spiral meant he had a long body, and soon the fire had engulfed the second half of him.

The hot pain shot through his veins. A reflex made him jerk his legs out of the way. He then threw himself upwards and curling into a ball, squeezing his eyes closed.

He was fully expecting very hot things to come burn him the moment he hid the ground.

Instead, he felt a tug in his stomach, and a power surging out of all his scales.

"Komodo!" Seiche's scream was distant.

He opened his eyes for a moment, just in time to see an explosion of blue. Wait-- he thought, wasn't the fire orange?

But there was no time to keep thinking, because--

Sploomsh. A giant explosion shook the ground.

The burning heat evaporated and icy cold hit him. It came in waves and washed over everything, like water, except not. And it was freezing, like the sky was slicing into him, and he could see the blue fire even though he had his eyes closed all the way.

It hurt. A lot.

"Mmph," he let out a strained moan. He tried to move but he couldn't. The pain tore at his insides, biting into his scales and sucking his blood, scraping and screeching. He tried to scream but his mouth didn't move. Nothing worked!

Just make it stop! his mind screamed. He wanted to groan and wail and sob. Just make it stop.

The blue fire slowly faded to darkness, and everything that hurt slipped away.

He opened his eyes and took in a large gasp of air.
___

Seiche had to stay above the fire. Or else Sis would know that she went out when she wasn't supposed to, and then she would be in big, big trouble.

She would rather die in the fire than be in big trouble.

She took a glance down at Theo and Komodo. Theo was a lot ahead of the fire now, and Komodo was--

"Komodo!" she screamed. The wall of orange flame was coming at him.

She saw him curl up in pain, and then a gust of icy cold something knocked her out of the air, sending her spiraling to the ground with a scream. She just managed to dodge a wood plank that hurled towards her head.

A loud Boom! sounded and blue fire consumed everything for a moment, and then it was gone.

She managed to catch herself before she crashed into the ground. "Deep breathe," she told herself. "You gots to deep breathe." Unsteadily, she landed and put her claws over her heart, a trick she learned from surviving her sister. If she could feel her heartbeat, then she was okay.

Now she had to find her friends.

"Theo? Komodo?" Seiche called.

She saw a dark blue blob in the corner of her eye and turned. Theo was standing up awkwardly, shaking out his wings. His eyes met with Seiche's and she flew over to him.

He had Mandy held safely in one claw, and was trembling. His trembling made Seiche realize she was shaking badly too.

"You okay?" she asked.

"I'm okay," he said, his light blue eyes big. "Mandy's okay too. Do you know where Komodo is?"

"Nopes." She shook her head.

They looked around at their surroundings. Most of the tents and booths that were in the fire were scorched and blackened, but most of the damage came from the blue fire explosion. Debris was everywhere, and dragons were sprawled on the ground everywhere too.

The dragons who had escaped into the sky high enough to not get blown to the ground were now landing carefully, talking and gasping to each other.

A few small whimper sounded from behind them.

Seiche whipped around. Komodo was lying a few tents away, twitching.

"Theo, over there," she said, and then led him over.

"He's alive, right?" Theo said anxiously.

She peered at Komodo. His eyes were wide open and not blinking. Big and scared. "Um... You okay?"

"I think I did the ice fire," he blurted, still tangled up in a knot and laying on his side. He looked even more tense than Theo was when he couldn't find his homework.

"No way. You're not even good at magic," Seiche said. She shook her head, completely certain that Komodo was just thinking he was so much more better than he actually was. He always did that.

"And you're a Water dragon. You don't have fire magic," Theo pointed out. "But, uh, we should go home before our parents hear about it and get really, really worried."

Seiche reached over to help Komodo sit up. "There. Your leg's stuck between your arm and wing. Hold on, keep still." She managed to untangle three of his wings that were tied together.

"Pull my head through here," he said in a strained voice. "I can't make my muscles work right."

"I got ya." She gently grabbed a horn and tugged his head through.

"Wait, what's I doing wrong now?" He was in some weird twisted form where his head was upside-up but his body was upside-down and his legs were sticking up awkwardly.

She studied him. "Try twisting your legs down."

"Liiike... this?"

"No, other way."

Komodo made a face as he concentrated. "There!" He swept his tail back and forth happily. "Now I'm all fixed."

"We better go back now," Theo warned them. "Seiche's sister might come home early if she hears about this."

Seiche's eyes widened. She did not want that to happen, because then there would be big trouble. "Imma go. Come with me!"

"Fine, but you gotta believe that I made the icy fire," Komodo said seriously.

"I don't gots to believe anything you say," she told him, sticking out her tongue. "And neither does Theo."

"And Mandy," Theo piped up, petting the Sandshore Snipper with one wing as he walked. She was sitting cheerfully on his shoulder.

"And Mandy," Seiche agreed.

This was... long XD But I like action so yay!
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#754431][font=comic sans ms][b]Day 4[/b][/font][/color][/size] Overall Roll: 166 (Breed Dragons)[/center] ----- [center]Related Items: [item=bluelipped thresh][item=sand][item=seapetal flower crown][/center] So, I obviously can't breed my little hatchlings, so to the AH it is! By the way be prepared for lots of cuteness! ----- A week had passed since the Familiar Fair incident. No one seemed super upset about it, because apparently the icy blue fire explosion stopped the normal fire, and even though it blew up everything on one died. There were rumors of scary research dragons coming into Clans to question dragons about what happened and who did it and all, but those were only rumors. And now there was good things! [b]"Do you two wanna meet the newest hatchling?"[/b] Theo asked, obviously excited as he ran out, his feathers ruffled and messy. [b]"She was just hatched."[/b] [b]"Yes, of course,"[/b] Komodo said, trying to be calm and proper, but he was squealing inside at the thought of a newborn hatchling. [i]But I want all the attention,[/i] a voice whispered in his head, but he decided to push it away because even he couldn't deny that cute babies were worth playing with. [b]"EEEeee please tell me she's cute,"[/b] Seiche said, rocking back and forth. Theo beamed. [b]"She's cute."[/b] [b]"Take us!"[/b] she demanded immediately, clapping her claws together. [b]"Remember, she's very tiny so you can't play with her yet. And you have to be awfully gentle, okay?"[/b] he said. Komodo frowned. [b]"Why is being gentle so awful?"[/b] [b]"That's not-- I mean, um, just be gentle,"[/b] Theo said. [b]"Got it."[/b] Seiche was bouncing as they walked, and then lifted up into the blue sky, where a few snow-white clouds drifted by. She could now fly pretty far up and was soaring with barely any wobbles in no time. Komodo joined her, focusing on flapping hard. He had worked extra hard to catch up this week and he thought that maybe he even impressed his parents, but he wasn't sure. Theo flew at a lower height, under both of them. [b]"We're here!"[/b] Theo announced. They had arrived at the center of their clan's village: a cave on solid ground, high enough to be safe from tides but low enough that the clan could watch over it. Small yellow-green plants covered the top of the little cave, if you could even call it a cave. It was more of a rounded slab of rock in the sand. A very big rounded slab of rock, gray and brown with marble patterns. Seiche landed easily, doing a swoop onto the sand. Uh oh. Komodo could lift off, but landing? That always sucked. He'd just have to go for it. He tried to go slow, but ended up losing his balance. The wind fell out from under his wings and he tumbled to the ground, crashing bottom-first. [b]"Wowsers, so graceful,"[/b] Seiche teased him. Komodo felt his cheeks heat up. [b]"Be quiet or-- or--"[/b] [b]"You'll shove a coconut into my mouth?"[/b] He thought about that as they ducked into the sheltered little cave area that was the nursery. [b]"I was going to say 'stuff your head in a coconut', but you right. If I shove it into your mouth, then you can't talk."[/b] [b]"Hey! Th--"[/b] [b]"Shhh,"[/b] Theo softly whispered. [b]"She's asleep."[/b] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=98&auth=8802962069cc64629d7843a5d812344c368e8f2c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The tiniest little skydancer lay in a soft nest of moss, her belly rising and falling peacefully. [b]"Awwww,"[/b] Seiche cooed. [b]"Were we that small once?"[/b] Komodo wondered. [b]"And adorable,"[/b] she said. [b]"You can't forget adorable 'cause she's too adorable!"[/b] Theo gently stroked the hatchling's head with a wing. [b]"Her name is Rinu. Mom says we need to take care of her. They found her egg out on an adventure and no one knows who her mom is so we have to be parents."[/b] [b]"I can't be a parents, I'm only a hatchling too!"[/b] Komodo said indignantly. [b]"Yes you can,"[/b] Seiche said. [b]"She doesn't even have a mommy like you, or a sis like I do."[/b] [b]"But ours not very nice."[/b] [b]"But we got 'em at least,"[/b] she said. [b]"So we gots to take care of her and be her big sis and brothers."[/b] Theo nodded, looking relieved. [b]"I like that better. Sisters and brothers instead of parents."[/b] [b]"I can be a brother,"[/b] Komodo said proudly. [b]"Hi Rinu! I'm your big brother now so you gotta to listen to me."[/b] [b]"No, you don't gots to listen to him,"[/b] Seiche objected. [b]"He's a bossy-pants."[/b] [b]"Am not!" "Am too!"[/b] [b]"Shh, if she wakes up then she might cry,"[/b] Theo hushed them. Still glaring playfully at each other, Komodo and Seiche both shut their mouths. But it wasn't long before Rinu let out a little snore and they were back to fawning and cooing over her. After a while, Seiche went outside and found a few blue sea flowers. [center][item=seapetal flower crown][/center] [b]"Those are pretty,"[/b] Theo said. [b]"Thanks,[/b]" she said as tucked them into the feathers on Rinu's head. [b]"Achoo!"[/b] Rinu sneezed as one of them tickled her nose when Seiche was putting them in. [b]"Sorry,"[/b] she whispered. [b]"But now you're 'dorable! Even more. I wuv you so much, wittle Rinu!"[/b] [b]"Seiche, you're talking weird,"[/b] Komodo said. She grinned and giggled. [b]"I know."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @girlofSornieth @Sjmun[/center] ----- I haven't even figure out Rinu's personality and I already love her to bits!! <3 The last few posts were necessary for later plot stuff, but for now I get to go full on fluffiness and I am so loving it [emoji=coatl love size=2]
Day 4

Overall Roll: 166 (Breed Dragons)

Related Items:
Bluelipped Thresh Sand Seapetal Flower Crown

So, I obviously can't breed my little hatchlings, so to the AH it is! By the way be prepared for lots of cuteness!
A week had passed since the Familiar Fair incident. No one seemed super upset about it, because apparently the icy blue fire explosion stopped the normal fire, and even though it blew up everything on one died.

There were rumors of scary research dragons coming into Clans to question dragons about what happened and who did it and all, but those were only rumors.

And now there was good things!

"Do you two wanna meet the newest hatchling?" Theo asked, obviously excited as he ran out, his feathers ruffled and messy. "She was just hatched."

"Yes, of course," Komodo said, trying to be calm and proper, but he was squealing inside at the thought of a newborn hatchling. But I want all the attention, a voice whispered in his head, but he decided to push it away because even he couldn't deny that cute babies were worth playing with.

"EEEeee please tell me she's cute," Seiche said, rocking back and forth.

Theo beamed. "She's cute."

"Take us!" she demanded immediately, clapping her claws together.

"Remember, she's very tiny so you can't play with her yet. And you have to be awfully gentle, okay?" he said.

Komodo frowned. "Why is being gentle so awful?"

"That's not-- I mean, um, just be gentle," Theo said.

"Got it." Seiche was bouncing as they walked, and then lifted up into the blue sky, where a few snow-white clouds drifted by. She could now fly pretty far up and was soaring with barely any wobbles in no time.

Komodo joined her, focusing on flapping hard. He had worked extra hard to catch up this week and he thought that maybe he even impressed his parents, but he wasn't sure.

Theo flew at a lower height, under both of them.

"We're here!" Theo announced.

They had arrived at the center of their clan's village: a cave on solid ground, high enough to be safe from tides but low enough that the clan could watch over it. Small yellow-green plants covered the top of the little cave, if you could even call it a cave. It was more of a rounded slab of rock in the sand. A very big rounded slab of rock, gray and brown with marble patterns.

Seiche landed easily, doing a swoop onto the sand.

Uh oh. Komodo could lift off, but landing? That always sucked. He'd just have to go for it.

He tried to go slow, but ended up losing his balance. The wind fell out from under his wings and he tumbled to the ground, crashing bottom-first.

"Wowsers, so graceful," Seiche teased him.

Komodo felt his cheeks heat up. "Be quiet or-- or--"

"You'll shove a coconut into my mouth?"

He thought about that as they ducked into the sheltered little cave area that was the nursery. "I was going to say 'stuff your head in a coconut', but you right. If I shove it into your mouth, then you can't talk."

"Hey! Th--"

"Shhh," Theo softly whispered. "She's asleep."
dragon?age=0&body=129&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=98&auth=8802962069cc64629d7843a5d812344c368e8f2c&dummyext=prev.png

The tiniest little skydancer lay in a soft nest of moss, her belly rising and falling peacefully.

"Awwww," Seiche cooed.

"Were we that small once?" Komodo wondered.

"And adorable," she said. "You can't forget adorable 'cause she's too adorable!"

Theo gently stroked the hatchling's head with a wing. "Her name is Rinu. Mom says we need to take care of her. They found her egg out on an adventure and no one knows who her mom is so we have to be parents."

"I can't be a parents, I'm only a hatchling too!" Komodo said indignantly.

"Yes you can," Seiche said. "She doesn't even have a mommy like you, or a sis like I do."

"But ours not very nice."

"But we got 'em at least," she said. "So we gots to take care of her and be her big sis and brothers."

Theo nodded, looking relieved. "I like that better. Sisters and brothers instead of parents."

"I can be a brother," Komodo said proudly. "Hi Rinu! I'm your big brother now so you gotta to listen to me."

"No, you don't gots to listen to him," Seiche objected. "He's a bossy-pants."

"Am not!"

"Am too!"

"Shh, if she wakes up then she might cry," Theo hushed them.

Still glaring playfully at each other, Komodo and Seiche both shut their mouths. But it wasn't long before Rinu let out a little snore and they were back to fawning and cooing over her.

After a while, Seiche went outside and found a few blue sea flowers.
Seapetal Flower Crown

"Those are pretty," Theo said.

"Thanks," she said as tucked them into the feathers on Rinu's head.

"Achoo!" Rinu sneezed as one of them tickled her nose when Seiche was putting them in.

"Sorry," she whispered. "But now you're 'dorable! Even more. I wuv you so much, wittle Rinu!"

"Seiche, you're talking weird," Komodo said.

She grinned and giggled. "I know."

I haven't even figure out Rinu's personality and I already love her to bits!! <3

The last few posts were necessary for later plot stuff, but for now I get to go full on fluffiness and I am so loving it
NZ8D4KR.png
why hello pls add me to the pinglist
ash of the ley told me about this and now i exist on here yeeeeE
why hello pls add me to the pinglist
ash of the ley told me about this and now i exist on here yeeeeE
@nicesparrow Yayyy! Great thanks to ash of the ley and I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a great and lovely place to yeet dragons at gods and sell children [emoji=pearlcatcher star size=2] [size=2]also expect a confusing alert that leads to the front page of this because I added you to the pinglist up there[/size]
@nicesparrow
Yayyy! Great thanks to ash of the ley and I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a great and lovely place to yeet dragons at gods and sell children

also expect a confusing alert that leads to the front page of this because I added you to the pinglist up there
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#754431][font=comic sans ms][b]Day 5[/b][/font][/color][/size] Overall Roll: 166 (Breed Dragons)[/center] ----- Helloo peeps! [b]IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:[/b] I have finished rewriting Days 1, 2, and 3 on this day (9/1/2019) because I didn't like how they first turned out, so go reread those if you haven't already, and then come back. And happy Flameforger's! Okey that's all ^^ ----- [center]Related Items: [item=plum plumed mantle][item=shale][item=coarse tail hair][/center] Now, back to the number that my RNG threw at me: NO WAY WUT THATS THE SAME NUMBER AS LAST TIME WHAT DO I DOooooo Ok I messaged the person who owns Rinu's brother (who was in a fodder folder) and bought him so yay! It doesn't exactly follow the rules of buying the cheapest dragon on the AH, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do :) ----- After a few more minutes of playing with Rinu, a few dragons with worried, tense eyes came into the nursery. Seiche pulled Komodo and Theo back to let them come in because these dragons did [i]not[/i] look like they wanted to be messed with at the moment. The cave area was fairly big, but with all these big dragons inside at once, the three of them pressed against the rocky walls. They were damp and cool, and the gentle chill made Seiche's back feel a lot cooler than her front. She turned her attention back to the dragons and her eyes widened. [b]"Look,"[/b] she said to her friends. They were carrying something in their claws. No, not something. Some[i]one.[/i] It was a hatching that looked a lot like Rinu, but even smaller and more helpless. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=8&auth=c1354d82fa0c5521e39cd1dbc73c0e6599029d22&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The little skydancer mewled and squealed out in pain, eyes squeezed shut and arms flailing. The noise was tiny, but it sunk into Seiche's heart, clawing its way in. [b]"Poor little hatchling,"[/b] she whispered. [b]"He looks like Rinu's brother,"[/b] Theo whispered back. Komodo nodded. [b]"I think there's something wrong with him."[/b] Seiche whipped around to glare at him. [b]"Komodo!"[/b] Komodo made a face. [b]"I'm not being mean! Look at his legs."[/b] Unbelievingly, she turned her gaze over to the little skydancer's legs, and then slapped a wing over her mouth to cover up her gasp of horror. [b]"Ow!"[/b] Komodo muttered. [b]"Sorry,"[/b] she whispered, realizing she had whacked him in the process to shut herself up, and then turned back to keep staring at how awful it was. Rinu's brother's legs hung limp, the way Rinu's did, except they were twisted into a really unnatural looking way as if all the bones in his legs were broken. It made her blood feel chilly and her insides wiggle. [b]"Oh, no,"[/b] she whimpered. [b]"I hope there's nothing wrong with his wings either,"[/b] Theo said. The big dragons said a few words to the nursery keepers and left, and then it was just the normal nursery like before, but now the new little skydancer hatchling lay beside Rinu. Seiche took the chance to step away from the damp cave wall and breathe in the space. Theo did a little bounce as he took his place at her left. [b]"Mreeeerl,"[/b] the new skydancer hatchling whimpered and mewled. He kicked his front legs and flopped with his wings, but his lower body stayed completely still. Rinu's eyes opened right on cue, as if she could feel his pain.[b] "B-- b-- bwudder,"[/b] she said helplessly, and then let out a loud wail. [b]"Wahhhhhhhh!"[/b] One of the caretakers hurried forwards.[b] "You three should leave for now,"[/b] she said to Seiche as she gently lifted Rinu up into her arms to calm her down. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=125594&skin=0&apparel=12900,25883,22657,25057,22656,10879,27371,27351,3539,20587,20585,27134&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [b]"But what's going on?"[/b] Komodo asked the new caretaker dragon, not moving an inch. [b]"Rinu's brother just hatched, but with a defect."[/b] [b]"What's a defect?"[/b] [b]"Well, he wasn't born right so it's painful for him to move, and his cries are upsetting his sister. I think they'll do better with a bit of space, but thanks for visiting. Thanks for bringing them, Theo,"[/b] the caretaker finished with a warm but strained smile. [b]"Fine,"[/b] Komodo said. [b]"Follow me, guys!"[/b] [b]"You're welcome, Miss Aventurine!"[/b] Theo added as Komodo started trying to tug them both away, using all his limbs to guide them towards the cave's exit. [b]"Wait!"[/b] Seiche said, scrambling out of his grasp before Komodo could push her out of the cave. [b]"What's his name?"[/b] It was a very important question and she just had to know. Calling him "that skydancer hatchling" in her head was getting tiring. Miss Aventurine smiled. [b]"Why don't you guys come up with one?"[/b] she asked, and Komodo stopped pushing them to consider this. [b]"Acorn,"[/b] Seiche said immediately, because it was such an adorable name! [b]"No no no,"[/b] Komodo said. [b]"That's wayyy too silly. We should call him something suh-- suh-- suff--"[/b] [b]"Sophisticated?"[/b] Theo said. Komodo nodded. [b]"Yes. Like... Explorer!"[/b] [b]"That's Theo's dad's name, you silly duck!"[/b] Seiche lightly poked him with a wing. [b]"Theo, you come up with one."[/b] Theo's eyes went big and his face went panicked. [b]"I don't know![/b]" Miss Aventurine sighed. [b]"Can I suggest something?"[/b] [b]"Go right ahead,"[/b] Seiche said. [b]"How about Rome?"[/b] There was a pause. [b]"Ooh,"[/b] Seiche said. [b]"I like it."[/b] [b]"A million times better than [i]Acorn,[/i]"[/b] Komodo agreed, earning a frown from Seiche. Thoe beamed. [b]"It's perfect."[/b] [b]"Rome it is,"[/b] Miss Aventurine said, and then shooed them off. [b]"Now you three go get some sun!"[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @girlofSornieth @Sjmun @nicesparrow[/center] ----- To clarify: Aventurine is an NPC. Also, to make things easier for writing purposes, I'm just going to say that baby dragons grow up a lot faster than baby humans do, and they also pick up language super duper fast so that they can talk really soon after their born :3 Anyways, hope you liked the update? What do you guys think about Rome?
Day 5

Overall Roll: 166 (Breed Dragons)

Helloo peeps! IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: I have finished rewriting Days 1, 2, and 3 on this day (9/1/2019) because I didn't like how they first turned out, so go reread those if you haven't already, and then come back. And happy Flameforger's! Okey that's all ^^
Related Items:
Plum Plumed Mantle Shale Coarse Tail Hair

Now, back to the number that my RNG threw at me: NO WAY WUT THATS THE SAME NUMBER AS LAST TIME WHAT DO I DOooooo

Ok I messaged the person who owns Rinu's brother (who was in a fodder folder) and bought him so yay! It doesn't exactly follow the rules of buying the cheapest dragon on the AH, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do :)
After a few more minutes of playing with Rinu, a few dragons with worried, tense eyes came into the nursery. Seiche pulled Komodo and Theo back to let them come in because these dragons did not look like they wanted to be messed with at the moment.

The cave area was fairly big, but with all these big dragons inside at once, the three of them pressed against the rocky walls. They were damp and cool, and the gentle chill made Seiche's back feel a lot cooler than her front.

She turned her attention back to the dragons and her eyes widened. "Look," she said to her friends. They were carrying something in their claws. No, not something. Someone.

It was a hatching that looked a lot like Rinu, but even smaller and more helpless.
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=8&auth=c1354d82fa0c5521e39cd1dbc73c0e6599029d22&dummyext=prev.png

The little skydancer mewled and squealed out in pain, eyes squeezed shut and arms flailing. The noise was tiny, but it sunk into Seiche's heart, clawing its way in.

"Poor little hatchling," she whispered.

"He looks like Rinu's brother," Theo whispered back.

Komodo nodded. "I think there's something wrong with him."

Seiche whipped around to glare at him. "Komodo!"

Komodo made a face. "I'm not being mean! Look at his legs."

Unbelievingly, she turned her gaze over to the little skydancer's legs, and then slapped a wing over her mouth to cover up her gasp of horror.

"Ow!" Komodo muttered.

"Sorry," she whispered, realizing she had whacked him in the process to shut herself up, and then turned back to keep staring at how awful it was.

Rinu's brother's legs hung limp, the way Rinu's did, except they were twisted into a really unnatural looking way as if all the bones in his legs were broken. It made her blood feel chilly and her insides wiggle.

"Oh, no," she whimpered.

"I hope there's nothing wrong with his wings either," Theo said.

The big dragons said a few words to the nursery keepers and left, and then it was just the normal nursery like before, but now the new little skydancer hatchling lay beside Rinu. Seiche took the chance to step away from the damp cave wall and breathe in the space. Theo did a little bounce as he took his place at her left.

"Mreeeerl," the new skydancer hatchling whimpered and mewled. He kicked his front legs and flopped with his wings, but his lower body stayed completely still.

Rinu's eyes opened right on cue, as if she could feel his pain. "B-- b-- bwudder," she said helplessly, and then let out a loud wail. "Wahhhhhhhh!"

One of the caretakers hurried forwards. "You three should leave for now," she said to Seiche as she gently lifted Rinu up into her arms to calm her down.
scry?sdid=125594&skin=0&apparel=12900,25883,22657,25057,22656,10879,27371,27351,3539,20587,20585,27134&xt=dressing.png

"But what's going on?" Komodo asked the new caretaker dragon, not moving an inch.

"Rinu's brother just hatched, but with a defect."

"What's a defect?"

"Well, he wasn't born right so it's painful for him to move, and his cries are upsetting his sister. I think they'll do better with a bit of space, but thanks for visiting. Thanks for bringing them, Theo," the caretaker finished with a warm but strained smile.

"Fine," Komodo said. "Follow me, guys!"

"You're welcome, Miss Aventurine!" Theo added as Komodo started trying to tug them both away, using all his limbs to guide them towards the cave's exit.

"Wait!" Seiche said, scrambling out of his grasp before Komodo could push her out of the cave. "What's his name?" It was a very important question and she just had to know. Calling him "that skydancer hatchling" in her head was getting tiring.

Miss Aventurine smiled. "Why don't you guys come up with one?" she asked, and Komodo stopped pushing them to consider this.

"Acorn," Seiche said immediately, because it was such an adorable name!

"No no no," Komodo said. "That's wayyy too silly. We should call him something suh-- suh-- suff--"

"Sophisticated?" Theo said.

Komodo nodded. "Yes. Like... Explorer!"

"That's Theo's dad's name, you silly duck!" Seiche lightly poked him with a wing. "Theo, you come up with one."

Theo's eyes went big and his face went panicked. "I don't know!"

Miss Aventurine sighed. "Can I suggest something?"

"Go right ahead," Seiche said.

"How about Rome?"

There was a pause.

"Ooh," Seiche said. "I like it."

"A million times better than Acorn," Komodo agreed, earning a frown from Seiche.

Thoe beamed. "It's perfect."

"Rome it is," Miss Aventurine said, and then shooed them off. "Now you three go get some sun!"

To clarify: Aventurine is an NPC. Also, to make things easier for writing purposes, I'm just going to say that baby dragons grow up a lot faster than baby humans do, and they also pick up language super duper fast so that they can talk really soon after their born :3

Anyways, hope you liked the update? What do you guys think about Rome?
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#754431][font=comic sans ms][b]Day 6[/b][/font][/color][/size] Overall Roll: 29 (Challenge)[/center] ----- [center]Related Items: [item=fir logs][item=smooth pebbles][item=vista: ridgeback dragons][item=dented iron helmet][item=roseate tail tatters][/center] I'm so sorry it's been a few days! School and stuff had me super busy. Anyways, it's the first Challenge roll we've gotten! Wow this is nervewracking. Now obviously I can't spoil the results for you~ ----- Out of the nursery, the three hatchlings decided on heading to their makeshift playground. In the center of it was an ancient tree with a crooked swing dangling from one of its strong, reaching branches. The playground also consisted of a few big rocks to climb, a lot of wooden and metal toys to make sandcastles with, a crystal-blue splash pool built with stones, a slide made from carved fir wood leaning up against a climbing rock, and a few platforms that rose off the ground, getting higher and higher so that hatchlings could practice jumping and basic flying. [b]"Ready for a challenge?"[/b] Komodo asked. [b]"You betcha,"[/b] Seiche said, grinning. [b]"Bring it on!"[/b] Theo flapped his feathery wings. [b]"Does it involve jumping?"[/b] [b]"'Course it does, it's Komodo we're talking 'bout here!"[/b] she told him with a friendly nudge in the side, and then bounced back over eagerly. [b]"Go on!"[/b] [b]"Well,"[/b] Komodo said, talking slow for dramaticness. [b]"I pr-- pr-- prop... propose--"[/b] [b]"Ooooooooo, to who?"[/b] Seiche giggled. [b]"Are you getting marrriied?"[/b] He frowned at her. [b]"No! I was trying to use a fancy word! Now close your mouth and listen! Hurrumph. So, we're gonna do the jumping game on the flat stick woods again, but even better-- we have to skip two each time!"[/b] [b]"Flat stick woods?"[/b] Theo asked. [b]"You meant the platforms, right?"[/b] [b]"Same thing,"[/b] Komodo said impatiently. [b]"Come on! I go first! If you fall then you have to start ALL OVER."[/b] [b]"But then you'll never make it to the end,"[/b] Seiche said teasingly. [b]"No talky for you. I can do it, you coconut-brain!"[/b] He stuck his tongue out at her and turned to start the jumps before she could stick hers out back at him. Jumps were never his thing. He was good at them sometimes, but other days he would fall and fall and never finish. But he thought, skipping two would be easier because then he could practice his flying. [b]"Here I go!"[/b] Komodo yelled, stepping onto the first platform and coiling onto it to fit his long Spiral body. Then, with a battle cry of [b]"HIIIIYYYAAA!"[/b] he made a giant leap into the sky, managing to catch an air current and float back down onto the fourth platform perfectly. [b]"Wow you did it,"[/b] Seiche said. [b]"Good job!"[/b] Theo cheered. Komodo nodded seriously and arrogantly at them, then did a bow. [b]"Thank you, thank you-- ahhhhHHH!"[/b] His arm, which he had tried to move to bow with, was tangled to his wing somehow, and he lost his balance on the platform and fell headfirst downwards into the sand. [b]"Owww."[/b] Seiche's voice burst into laughter. [b]"You have to start over!"[/b] she sang in a sing-song voice. He sat up. [b]"No I don't!"[/b] he shouted. [b]"That's not fair."[/b] Theo blinked.[b] "But... you said..." [/b] [b]"Hatchlings!"[/b] a voice interrupted their game. [b]"Quick, all of you, come with me."[/b] [b]"Miss Aventurine?"[/b] Theo said, looking puzzled. The coatl caretaker rushed forwards and used her wings to guide them all back into the nursery. [b]"There are strange dragons here, asking about blue fire,[/b]" she explained. [b]"They look dangerous. They haven't done anything so far, but I don't want you guys out there while they're patrolling."[/b] [b]"Why don't you just fight them out?"[/b] Komodo asked. He did some punches and slashes with his claws, which would've been a lot more effective if he hadn't attacked thin air. [b]"I can do it! I'm not afraid! I even made the blue fire."[/b] [b]"Oh, Komodo,"[/b] Miss Aventurine said with a small smile, shaking her head as she led them into the entrance. After urging them inside, she found a giant leaf with the word "NURSERY" painted on the front, and tied it to the front of the opening. [b]"There are way too many of them to fight. They all look trained and professional, and we barely even have any warriors. There's nothing we can do to fight back."[/b] [b]"But I can fight them!"[/b] Seiche rolled her eyes. [b]"No you can't, silly duck."[/b] She went to stand by the now asleep Rinu and Rome. Rome's little wings were twitching in his sleep, and Rinu let out a tiny snore all of a sudden. [b]"Aww, little babies!"[/b] [b]"Well [i]I[/i] made the blue fire so yes I can,"[/b] Komodo shot back. He marched around to the right of Seiche and frowned defensively at her. [b]"Goodness, you two,"[/b] Miss Aventurine said, sighing as she prepared something at a table with her claws. [b]"Komodo, you [i]cannot[/i] take on a hundred trained soldiers, all of them five times your size. And there's no way you could have conjured the blue fire. It would take a very strong and uniquely-powered mage to do that."[/b] Komodo wanted to stomp and yell. No one believed him! This was outrageous! Just because he was small and loud didn't mean he couldn't make blue fire! And then they heard the footsteps. [b]"Shh,"[/b] Theo shushed them all, twitching nervously and pawing the ground. He took a few steps back, deeper into the nursery. The sounds of the marching were uniform and controlled. [i]Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.[/i] Louder and louder. [b]"The Lancher's Guard has arrived,"[/b] a deep, booming voice announced. [b]"Please allow us to come in and investigate."[/b] Hurriedly, Miss Aventurine ran over to lift up the leaf. [b]"Welcome to the nursery,"[/b] she said warmly, but her face was tense. Komodo felt kind of bad for her. She was scared but had to act like she was so friendly. It made no sense. The dragons of the Guard ignored her. Four of them stepped in, and Komodo pressed himself against the wall. These dragons were BIG. They had narrowed eyes, and they scowled even meaner than Komodo did when he was grumpy. Two were Wildclaws, one was an Imperial, and one was a big spiky dragon full of big spikes, with a loooong nose. Each of them wore the same armor in uniform, but only one of them had a big silver badge on their neck-- the spiky dragon. That was probably the special leader. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=134788&skin=0&apparel=19652,26877,12923,19655,26881,464,11509,23742&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] He felt Seiche back up into him, trembling, and then look back at him like she was embarrassed. But this was scary so there was nothing to be embarrassed about! So he reached out and wrapped a wing around her red and golden scales protectively. No one was hurting his friends while he was around! Theo had dug his claws into the earth, his wings tucked tightly around his body. [b]"I don't like this,"[/b] he muttered. [b]"No worries, I protect you,[/b]" he whispered to Seiche and Theo. [b]"I don't need protecting,"[/b] Seiche weakly hissed back. Meanwhile, the four Lanchers turned their gaze first to Aventurine, from head to tail. She stood there, awkward and terrified. [b]"Pass,"[/b] one of them said, and then they turned to look at hatchlings. Each hatchling only got a glance before one of them would say "No", or "Pass", or "Done", and then would move on to the next. They got to Rinu and Rome's nest. Their eyes lingered on the two sleeping skydancers for a moment longer than average. [b]"Uh oh,"[/b] Komodo heard Theo whisper. But then they kept going again. Finally, they made it to Komodo's group. Their dark, beady eyes stared into them, like they were trying to burn their scales with only a glare. [b]"You, step forwards,"[/b] one of them-- the spiky guy with the long nose-- barked. Komodo froze. [b]"Who?"[/b] Seiche squeaked. [b]"You."[/b] He pointed at Theo. [b]"The Coatl."[/b] Komodo's heart dropped. Shaking and breathing ragged, Theo stumbled forwards two steps. He squeezed his eyes shut and his tail swung back and forth rapidly, almost at a vibrating pace. All four dragons studied him, taking a few steps out to look at his sides as he stood perfectly still. It looked like he wasn't even breathing. Actually, Komodo was holding his breath too. This was really scary. Finally, someone spoke. [b]"Interesting,"[/b] the spiky dragon said. [b]"Could be, but most likely... hmm. Pass." [/b] With a deep breath, Theo staggered back to where he was standing before, looking like he was about to cry in relief. The Guard dragon's calculating eyes landed on Komodo, and they narrowed on him, looking him up and down slowly. The corners of his mouth lifted into a knowing smile. A [i]creepy[/i] smile. Komodo shivered and shrank closer to Seiche's body warmth, his blood running cold and clammy. [b]"I believe we have gotten our information,"[/b] the spiky long-nosed leader announced suddenly. [b]"Out."[/b] The leaf lifted again, and the four big dragons marched abruptly out of the nursery. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @girlofSornieth @Sjmun @nicesparrow[/center] ----- We shall continue tomorrow! :D I am loving the DRAMATIC STUFF going on! And yeah no one rolled the death number this challenge round, thankfully. Phew. Also this might be too many NPCs but it is so hard to make an interesting story inside what's supposed to be a giant clan with only 5 hatchlings, two of which can't talk yet, so please forgive meee [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] Also male Ridgebacks literally look so ridiculous in the armor XD But hopefully he's still intimidating. I just really wanted to call someone a "weird spikey dragon with a long nose".
Day 6

Overall Roll: 29 (Challenge)

Related Items:
Fir Logs Smooth Pebbles Vista: Ridgeback Dragons Dented Iron Helmet Roseate Tail Tatters

I'm so sorry it's been a few days! School and stuff had me super busy.

Anyways, it's the first Challenge roll we've gotten! Wow this is nervewracking. Now obviously I can't spoil the results for you~
Out of the nursery, the three hatchlings decided on heading to their makeshift playground. In the center of it was an ancient tree with a crooked swing dangling from one of its strong, reaching branches.

The playground also consisted of a few big rocks to climb, a lot of wooden and metal toys to make sandcastles with, a crystal-blue splash pool built with stones, a slide made from carved fir wood leaning up against a climbing rock, and a few platforms that rose off the ground, getting higher and higher so that hatchlings could practice jumping and basic flying.

"Ready for a challenge?" Komodo asked.

"You betcha," Seiche said, grinning. "Bring it on!"

Theo flapped his feathery wings. "Does it involve jumping?"

"'Course it does, it's Komodo we're talking 'bout here!" she told him with a friendly nudge in the side, and then bounced back over eagerly. "Go on!"

"Well," Komodo said, talking slow for dramaticness. "I pr-- pr-- prop... propose--"

"Ooooooooo, to who?" Seiche giggled. "Are you getting marrriied?"

He frowned at her. "No! I was trying to use a fancy word! Now close your mouth and listen! Hurrumph. So, we're gonna do the jumping game on the flat stick woods again, but even better-- we have to skip two each time!"

"Flat stick woods?" Theo asked. "You meant the platforms, right?"

"Same thing," Komodo said impatiently. "Come on! I go first! If you fall then you have to start ALL OVER."

"But then you'll never make it to the end," Seiche said teasingly.

"No talky for you. I can do it, you coconut-brain!" He stuck his tongue out at her and turned to start the jumps before she could stick hers out back at him.

Jumps were never his thing. He was good at them sometimes, but other days he would fall and fall and never finish. But he thought, skipping two would be easier because then he could practice his flying.

"Here I go!" Komodo yelled, stepping onto the first platform and coiling onto it to fit his long Spiral body. Then, with a battle cry of "HIIIIYYYAAA!" he made a giant leap into the sky, managing to catch an air current and float back down onto the fourth platform perfectly.

"Wow you did it," Seiche said.

"Good job!" Theo cheered.

Komodo nodded seriously and arrogantly at them, then did a bow. "Thank you, thank you-- ahhhhHHH!"

His arm, which he had tried to move to bow with, was tangled to his wing somehow, and he lost his balance on the platform and fell headfirst downwards into the sand. "Owww."

Seiche's voice burst into laughter. "You have to start over!" she sang in a sing-song voice.

He sat up. "No I don't!" he shouted. "That's not fair."

Theo blinked. "But... you said..."

"Hatchlings!" a voice interrupted their game. "Quick, all of you, come with me."

"Miss Aventurine?" Theo said, looking puzzled.

The coatl caretaker rushed forwards and used her wings to guide them all back into the nursery. "There are strange dragons here, asking about blue fire," she explained. "They look dangerous. They haven't done anything so far, but I don't want you guys out there while they're patrolling."

"Why don't you just fight them out?" Komodo asked. He did some punches and slashes with his claws, which would've been a lot more effective if he hadn't attacked thin air. "I can do it! I'm not afraid! I even made the blue fire."

"Oh, Komodo," Miss Aventurine said with a small smile, shaking her head as she led them into the entrance. After urging them inside, she found a giant leaf with the word "NURSERY" painted on the front, and tied it to the front of the opening. "There are way too many of them to fight. They all look trained and professional, and we barely even have any warriors. There's nothing we can do to fight back."

"But I can fight them!"

Seiche rolled her eyes. "No you can't, silly duck." She went to stand by the now asleep Rinu and Rome. Rome's little wings were twitching in his sleep, and Rinu let out a tiny snore all of a sudden. "Aww, little babies!"

"Well I made the blue fire so yes I can," Komodo shot back. He marched around to the right of Seiche and frowned defensively at her.

"Goodness, you two," Miss Aventurine said, sighing as she prepared something at a table with her claws. "Komodo, you cannot take on a hundred trained soldiers, all of them five times your size. And there's no way you could have conjured the blue fire. It would take a very strong and uniquely-powered mage to do that."

Komodo wanted to stomp and yell. No one believed him! This was outrageous! Just because he was small and loud didn't mean he couldn't make blue fire!

And then they heard the footsteps.

"Shh," Theo shushed them all, twitching nervously and pawing the ground. He took a few steps back, deeper into the nursery.

The sounds of the marching were uniform and controlled. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Louder and louder.

"The Lancher's Guard has arrived," a deep, booming voice announced. "Please allow us to come in and investigate."

Hurriedly, Miss Aventurine ran over to lift up the leaf. "Welcome to the nursery," she said warmly, but her face was tense. Komodo felt kind of bad for her. She was scared but had to act like she was so friendly. It made no sense.

The dragons of the Guard ignored her. Four of them stepped in, and Komodo pressed himself against the wall.

These dragons were BIG. They had narrowed eyes, and they scowled even meaner than Komodo did when he was grumpy. Two were Wildclaws, one was an Imperial, and one was a big spiky dragon full of big spikes, with a loooong nose.

Each of them wore the same armor in uniform, but only one of them had a big silver badge on their neck-- the spiky dragon. That was probably the special leader.
scry?sdid=134788&skin=0&apparel=19652,26877,12923,19655,26881,464,11509,23742&xt=dressing.png

He felt Seiche back up into him, trembling, and then look back at him like she was embarrassed. But this was scary so there was nothing to be embarrassed about! So he reached out and wrapped a wing around her red and golden scales protectively. No one was hurting his friends while he was around!

Theo had dug his claws into the earth, his wings tucked tightly around his body. "I don't like this," he muttered.

"No worries, I protect you," he whispered to Seiche and Theo.

"I don't need protecting," Seiche weakly hissed back.

Meanwhile, the four Lanchers turned their gaze first to Aventurine, from head to tail. She stood there, awkward and terrified.

"Pass," one of them said, and then they turned to look at hatchlings. Each hatchling only got a glance before one of them would say "No", or "Pass", or "Done", and then would move on to the next.

They got to Rinu and Rome's nest. Their eyes lingered on the two sleeping skydancers for a moment longer than average.

"Uh oh," Komodo heard Theo whisper.

But then they kept going again.

Finally, they made it to Komodo's group.

Their dark, beady eyes stared into them, like they were trying to burn their scales with only a glare.

"You, step forwards," one of them-- the spiky guy with the long nose-- barked.

Komodo froze.

"Who?" Seiche squeaked.

"You." He pointed at Theo. "The Coatl."

Komodo's heart dropped.

Shaking and breathing ragged, Theo stumbled forwards two steps. He squeezed his eyes shut and his tail swung back and forth rapidly, almost at a vibrating pace.

All four dragons studied him, taking a few steps out to look at his sides as he stood perfectly still. It looked like he wasn't even breathing. Actually, Komodo was holding his breath too. This was really scary.

Finally, someone spoke.

"Interesting," the spiky dragon said. "Could be, but most likely... hmm. Pass."

With a deep breath, Theo staggered back to where he was standing before, looking like he was about to cry in relief.

The Guard dragon's calculating eyes landed on Komodo, and they narrowed on him, looking him up and down slowly. The corners of his mouth lifted into a knowing smile. A creepy smile.

Komodo shivered and shrank closer to Seiche's body warmth, his blood running cold and clammy.

"I believe we have gotten our information," the spiky long-nosed leader announced suddenly. "Out."

The leaf lifted again, and the four big dragons marched abruptly out of the nursery.

We shall continue tomorrow! :D I am loving the DRAMATIC STUFF going on! And yeah no one rolled the death number this challenge round, thankfully. Phew.

Also this might be too many NPCs but it is so hard to make an interesting story inside what's supposed to be a giant clan with only 5 hatchlings, two of which can't talk yet, so please forgive meee

Also male Ridgebacks literally look so ridiculous in the armor XD But hopefully he's still intimidating. I just really wanted to call someone a "weird spikey dragon with a long nose".
NZ8D4KR.png
Ooh mysterious!! I love it!!!!!
Ooh mysterious!! I love it!!!!!
@sugarkit

Hooray I'm glad you like it! What's your opinion on the Ridgeback? I think he looks ridiculous in the armor and I'm tempted to find a different dragon for his character...
@sugarkit

Hooray I'm glad you like it! What's your opinion on the Ridgeback? I think he looks ridiculous in the armor and I'm tempted to find a different dragon for his character...
NZ8D4KR.png
1 2 3