Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Scatterspark [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 158524 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Michel [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 22939124 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22939124] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/229392/22939124_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poem to a Friend [b]Entry Title:[/b] Dragon Storage [b]Entry:[/b] I once had a friend named @fridgehorror, Who kept dragons all in a drawer. Though quarters were tight, They all fit alright, Until there was "room for one more".
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Scatterspark
FR Player ID#: 158524
Dragon Poet's Name: Michel
Dragon Poet's ID#: 22939124

Dragon Poet Image:

22939124_350.png

Entry Category: Poem to a Friend
Entry Title: Dragon Storage

Entry:
I once had a friend named @fridgehorror,
Who kept dragons all in a drawer.
Though quarters were tight,
They all fit alright,
Until there was "room for one more".
event-sig-small-4.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Willowoak [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 83992 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Justice [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 30034847 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30034847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300349/30034847_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Gifts For A Season [b]Entry: [/b] As winter’s blanket melts away, Some things remain. As sunlight starts to fill the day, Some things remain. As chirping birds make morning calls, In old refrain, And snowdrops spring beside stone walls, Some things remain. The last of autumn’s harvest sweet, That may remain, Makes food for springtime birds to eat, Feeds their refrain. Sweet winter passed along the gift, Of fallen leaves. Made fertile soil from their drift, For hopeful seeds. Though never seeing spring, still fall Passed things along Gifts for spring birds and flowers all, To feed their song. And, never knowing fall, yet spring, Has gifts to give, Sprouts growing toward fall harvesting, Begin to live. So in the vortex cycling, That old refrain, Though time must pass 'tween fall and spring, Some things remain.
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow
FR Player Name: Willowoak
FR Player ID#: 83992
Dragon Poet's Name: Justice
Dragon Poet's ID#: 30034847
Dragon Poet Image:
30034847_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Gifts For A Season
Entry:
As winter’s blanket melts away,
Some things remain.
As sunlight starts to fill the day,
Some things remain.

As chirping birds make morning calls,
In old refrain,
And snowdrops spring beside stone walls,
Some things remain.

The last of autumn’s harvest sweet,
That may remain,
Makes food for springtime birds to eat,
Feeds their refrain.

Sweet winter passed along the gift,
Of fallen leaves.
Made fertile soil from their drift,
For hopeful seeds.

Though never seeing spring, still fall
Passed things along
Gifts for spring birds and flowers all,
To feed their song.

And, never knowing fall, yet spring,
Has gifts to give,
Sprouts growing toward fall harvesting,
Begin to live.

So in the vortex cycling,
That old refrain,
Though time must pass 'tween fall and spring,
Some things remain.
ey/em/eir/eirs/emself
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] YanderePower [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 319188 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Mergo [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 46920529 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46920529] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469206/46920529_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] No words needed [b]Entry: [/b] Gazing at the clouds Peaceful like we've never been Sprawled on the hilltop

FR Player Name: YanderePower
FR Player ID#: 319188
Dragon Poet's Name: Mergo
Dragon Poet's ID#: 46920529

Dragon Poet Image:

46920529_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: No words needed

Entry:
Gazing at the clouds
Peaceful like we've never been
Sprawled on the hilltop
gZsHdLC.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] zedetta [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 227693 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Blep [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 20719320 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20719320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/207194/20719320_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Seasons POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] Arrival of Autumn [b]Entry: [/b] Creeping ‘cross the forest floor No scorching sun today Shake the trees ‘til their leaves fall I’m bored, come out and play!

FR Player Name: zedetta
FR Player ID#: 227693
Dragon Poet's Name: Blep
Dragon Poet's ID#: 20719320

Dragon Poet Image:

20719320_350.png

Entry Category: Seasons POV
Entry Title: Arrival of Autumn

Entry:
Creeping ‘cross the forest floor
No scorching sun today
Shake the trees ‘til their leaves fall
I’m bored, come out and play!

FR +16

they/them

dressing service
dragon search
fc1fc9b10602728524c3b0a326e2426b.png
under the wire what wire haha

FR Player Name: sockmonkeygerald
FR Player ID#: 266129
Dragon Poet: not this time, just picture a small wingless bipedal mystery silhouette (maybe beastclan, yeah could be a funny-shaped longneck)

Entry Title: While It Lasts

Entry:

In between the polar seasons
Between scorched bare soles and burning cold toes
Open screened doors and plastic-wrapped windows
Cat stalking locusts in grass, birdfeeders through glass
Flat in hammock stillness, huddle in quilted cave
In between endless day and empty gray,
Stretching on
Is this:
The needed season, soul-feeding season
Cool breeze under warm sun
Cat curled by window, puddled in sunshine
Quilt bundled in hammock, face open, foot rocking
Unmarked time shifting onward
Transitory peace

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: Outside the Box

Entry:

Hopscotch in tap shoes
Wooden clog whack-a-mole with spiders
Juggle baseball bats upside down
Morse code practice in drumbeats
Balcony woodpecker rehabilitation center
Ballet on stilts
Competitive bowling with walnuts
Ping-pong pinball in corners
Dynamic mosaic of multicolored nails
Roomba maze of table and chair legs

These are things my upstairs neighbor must do,
So I will buy carpet with thick padding
And tack it on my ceiling.
under the wire what wire haha

Dragon Poet: not this time, just picture a small wingless bipedal mystery silhouette (maybe beastclan, yeah could be a funny-shaped longneck)

Entry Title: While It Lasts

Entry:

In between the polar seasons
Between scorched bare soles and burning cold toes
Open screened doors and plastic-wrapped windows
Cat stalking locusts in grass, birdfeeders through glass
Flat in hammock stillness, huddle in quilted cave
In between endless day and empty gray,
Stretching on
Is this:
The needed season, soul-feeding season
Cool breeze under warm sun
Cat curled by window, puddled in sunshine
Quilt bundled in hammock, face open, foot rocking
Unmarked time shifting onward
Transitory peace

Entry Category: Anything Goes
Entry Title: Outside the Box

Entry:

Hopscotch in tap shoes
Wooden clog whack-a-mole with spiders
Juggle baseball bats upside down
Morse code practice in drumbeats
Balcony woodpecker rehabilitation center
Ballet on stilts
Competitive bowling with walnuts
Ping-pong pinball in corners
Dynamic mosaic of multicolored nails
Roomba maze of table and chair legs

These are things my upstairs neighbor must do,
So I will buy carpet with thick padding
And tack it on my ceiling.
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] KingScotty [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 251657 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] BillShakespeare [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 41144524 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41144524] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411446/41144524_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] friendship haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] [center]My teammate[/center] [b]Entry: [/b] [center]When psywurms dodge twice, (taking my breath), she flees not; but stays, rallies me.[/center]
Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: KingScotty
FR Player ID#: 251657
Dragon Poet's Name: BillShakespeare
Dragon Poet's ID#: 41144524
Dragon Poet Image:
Entry Category: friendship haiku

Entry Title:
My teammate

Entry:
When psywurms dodge twice,
(taking my breath), she flees not;
but stays, rallies me.
Woooo hoo! Keep them coming, Poets! I can't get to the paperwork tonight before rollover, I'm sorry. I will ping you all tomorrow when things are done. For now, Judge Windruffles needs some sleep (rollover happens at like 2am for me).

I will check the timestamp of your entries!

@Cheshly

Your poem will be disqualified at that time if you don't put a title on it! I am sorry, but having a title is part of the rules!

Woooo hoo! Keep them coming, Poets! I can't get to the paperwork tonight before rollover, I'm sorry. I will ping you all tomorrow when things are done. For now, Judge Windruffles needs some sleep (rollover happens at like 2am for me).

I will check the timestamp of your entries!

@Cheshly

Your poem will be disqualified at that time if you don't put a title on it! I am sorry, but having a title is part of the rules!

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
[s]should I have gone to bed already? yes but screw it have another poem[/s] [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] sockmonkeygerald [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 266129 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Edarra [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 32204550 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32204550] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322046/32204550_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Season's POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] All in a Breath [b]Entry: [/b] (hello owlets) [size=1]I'm coming[/size] (goodbye flurries) [size=2]I'm coming[/size] (hello earthworms) I'm coming (the wind is turning?) I'M HERE! Hello starry daffodils, White and yellow in a green field Hello spiders! scatter, climb, Here's open space throw out your lines Stir up, stir up, treesap run bold, Crocus tulip dandelion raise your head unfold! Hello waking country moving right along Time to see time to be time to spread your song Run with me sun with me fly with me here's your breeze! Here's your coolness here's your windscent here's your pollen here's your seeds Grow stronger grow deeper reach farther here's the sun Eat and build and rest and play and now cocoons are spun Moving onward always onward hello fireflies! Goodbye leaves now all shake hands I leave you with a sigh And when you've stretched out all your growth and pack up don't forget Say hello for me to autumn the friend I've never met
should I have gone to bed already? yes but screw it have another poem

Dragon Poet's Name: Edarra
Dragon Poet's ID#: 32204550

Dragon Poet Image:

32204550_350.png

Entry Category: Season's POV
Entry Title: All in a Breath

Entry:

(hello owlets)
I'm coming
(goodbye flurries)
I'm coming
(hello earthworms)
I'm coming
(the wind is turning?)
I'M HERE!

Hello starry daffodils,
White and yellow in a green field

Hello spiders! scatter, climb,
Here's open space throw out your lines

Stir up, stir up, treesap run bold,
Crocus tulip dandelion raise your head unfold!

Hello waking country moving right along
Time to see time to be time to spread your song

Run with me sun with me fly with me here's your breeze!
Here's your coolness here's your windscent here's your pollen here's your seeds

Grow stronger grow deeper reach farther here's the sun
Eat and build and rest and play and now cocoons are spun

Moving onward always onward hello fireflies!
Goodbye leaves now all shake hands I leave you with a sigh

And when you've stretched out all your growth and pack up don't forget
Say hello for me to autumn the friend I've never met
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] 7diamonds [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 440588 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Niall [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 48837241 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48837241] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/488373/48837241_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] my lantern [b]Entry: [/b] luminescent smile your laughter, joy, and spirit brighten all my days

FR Player Name: 7diamonds
FR Player ID#: 440588
Dragon Poet's Name: Niall
Dragon Poet's ID#: 48837241

Dragon Poet Image:

48837241_350.png

Entry Title: my lantern

Entry:
luminescent smile
your laughter, joy, and spirit
brighten all my days
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Solaira [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 367873 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Elsie [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] #39929292 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39929292] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/399293/39929292_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Comrade [b]Entry: [/b] Bloody, broken, beat— The dark shroud will take me soon, Yet you make me smile.

FR Player Name: Solaira
FR Player ID#: 367873
Dragon Poet's Name: Elsie
Dragon Poet's ID#: #39929292
Dragon Poet Image:

39929292_350.png

Entry Title: Comrade

Entry:
Bloody, broken, beat—
The dark shroud will take me soon,
Yet you make me smile.