Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [ART POSTED] 2018 Secret Santa Art Trade
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
A huge thank you to the 59 participants who filled out the feedback form! Distribution of gems will commence, but as Lizzi mentioned, this will happen when she has free time. The winner of the raffle will also be announced when Lizzi gets around to doing it. If you do not receive the gems within a month, please do PM us!

Statistics and replies:
For those that are interested, check out what we found out from the feedback below (and what I have to say to some points ;P)!

-> 86.2% (58 responses) say yes to NonDrag Ferals and Anthros being their own category.
We will see if it is worth creating extra categories because that does complicate signing up and matchmaking a bit but can help artists drawing for the right people.

-> Most people prefer signing up on forums, and Google form submission wasn't as flawless as we thought it would be.
The finality and uncertainty over Google Forms were more than we expected, so we will see what other avenues we can use to ensure there's less pressure and more transparency over sign up and submission.

-> Lots of positive reception to secondary art!
The biggest block to making secondary art was time. (Btw I didn't mean for that question to be accusational, so apologies if you felt that way ^^")

-> 13/20 expressed that they would be willing to use Discord for this event in some capacity. (I added this question in hastily after the first wave of responses).
In the next event, we are planning to also use Discord. The big bonus with this is the ability to have a bot help out with sign up, questions and submissions. Ideally, the bot helps you generate your sign up application, helps answer questions or directs them to us in a more organized way, and assists in submitting art.

-> Nearly everyone of the 59 responses said they would be very interested in a summer event. (41 said 10/10)
We'll probably host a summer one! :Dc Will most likely test the Discord bot out at this time.

Notes:
  • We acknowledge that we opened up signups way too late this year and will be sure to push it back a bit and also give more time for drawing.
  • Communication! With the PM limit and spotty availability of us organizers, responding to questions was iffy. We'll streamline this for next time for our and your sakes.
  • Information presentation. We had too many wurds and not enough pictures and visuals. Next time, we'll include example images and easier to understand graphics for the rules and terms.
  • There is a bit of concern about art quality and time spent. We may look into an Art Fight like system in the future, but this is a big maybe.
  • For the person wondering on stuff on the "administrative end": All signup applications are collected by a program that reads the forum, then spits out a list. This list then runs through another program that matches Santas to recipients. This list is then used to magically message everyone. At no point do any of the organizers *look* in-depth at the matchups. We can check the matchups after if there are problems, but in general, we don't know who is matched with whom. In the end, another program takes the submissions (from Google Sheets) and creates the post that Lizzi puts up and uploads the images to imgur. #nerdthings Also to the person who got the same matchup as last year, I am so sorry that happened but honest to goodness it was a complete coincidence! I may run a check with the prior event's matchups to ensure that doesn't happen again.

Once again a huge thank you to all your feedback. We really try and incorporate it all. By the nature of this event, though, we can't please everyone, but we'll sure try our darndest to do so!
A huge thank you to the 59 participants who filled out the feedback form! Distribution of gems will commence, but as Lizzi mentioned, this will happen when she has free time. The winner of the raffle will also be announced when Lizzi gets around to doing it. If you do not receive the gems within a month, please do PM us!

Statistics and replies:
For those that are interested, check out what we found out from the feedback below (and what I have to say to some points ;P)!

-> 86.2% (58 responses) say yes to NonDrag Ferals and Anthros being their own category.
We will see if it is worth creating extra categories because that does complicate signing up and matchmaking a bit but can help artists drawing for the right people.

-> Most people prefer signing up on forums, and Google form submission wasn't as flawless as we thought it would be.
The finality and uncertainty over Google Forms were more than we expected, so we will see what other avenues we can use to ensure there's less pressure and more transparency over sign up and submission.

-> Lots of positive reception to secondary art!
The biggest block to making secondary art was time. (Btw I didn't mean for that question to be accusational, so apologies if you felt that way ^^")

-> 13/20 expressed that they would be willing to use Discord for this event in some capacity. (I added this question in hastily after the first wave of responses).
In the next event, we are planning to also use Discord. The big bonus with this is the ability to have a bot help out with sign up, questions and submissions. Ideally, the bot helps you generate your sign up application, helps answer questions or directs them to us in a more organized way, and assists in submitting art.

-> Nearly everyone of the 59 responses said they would be very interested in a summer event. (41 said 10/10)
We'll probably host a summer one! :Dc Will most likely test the Discord bot out at this time.

Notes:
  • We acknowledge that we opened up signups way too late this year and will be sure to push it back a bit and also give more time for drawing.
  • Communication! With the PM limit and spotty availability of us organizers, responding to questions was iffy. We'll streamline this for next time for our and your sakes.
  • Information presentation. We had too many wurds and not enough pictures and visuals. Next time, we'll include example images and easier to understand graphics for the rules and terms.
  • There is a bit of concern about art quality and time spent. We may look into an Art Fight like system in the future, but this is a big maybe.
  • For the person wondering on stuff on the "administrative end": All signup applications are collected by a program that reads the forum, then spits out a list. This list then runs through another program that matches Santas to recipients. This list is then used to magically message everyone. At no point do any of the organizers *look* in-depth at the matchups. We can check the matchups after if there are problems, but in general, we don't know who is matched with whom. In the end, another program takes the submissions (from Google Sheets) and creates the post that Lizzi puts up and uploads the images to imgur. #nerdthings Also to the person who got the same matchup as last year, I am so sorry that happened but honest to goodness it was a complete coincidence! I may run a check with the prior event's matchups to ensure that doesn't happen again.

Once again a huge thank you to all your feedback. We really try and incorporate it all. By the nature of this event, though, we can't please everyone, but we'll sure try our darndest to do so!
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.pngFR_SS_2019_Banner_btn.pngFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngaxolotlsignature_by_friedsnipe-dbsrpae.pngAXOLOTLOTLOTLOTLOTL
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/11ff5b52be554d916204f8eb34010c55.png[/img] Congrats to the raffle winner @TheRunawayRaven ! Your prize will be in your inbox shortly.
11ff5b52be554d916204f8eb34010c55.png

Congrats to the raffle winner @TheRunawayRaven ! Your prize will be in your inbox shortly.
banner_by_friedsnipe-dcglsuc.png
AAAAAAA I FORGOT ABOUT THIS
THANK YOU I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT
AAAAAAA I FORGOT ABOUT THIS
THANK YOU I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT
+3 FR Time
[url=]Art Shop![/url] (*under reconstruction)
Art trades (open!)

Tumblr (most active)
Insta
Artfight
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.png
@lizzi I have a few questions:
1. I don't know how much time I'll have. I'd like to do a tier A but my time may only allow me to do a Tier B, should I just choose tier B?

2. If I sign up to be a backup santa, will I still get to have a normal partner?
(I know I said my time to draw is horrible, but I can probably do something simple and sweet on the weekends.)
@lizzi I have a few questions:
1. I don't know how much time I'll have. I'd like to do a tier A but my time may only allow me to do a Tier B, should I just choose tier B?

2. If I sign up to be a backup santa, will I still get to have a normal partner?
(I know I said my time to draw is horrible, but I can probably do something simple and sweet on the weekends.)
Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

I *was* going to have an art shop, but my tablet broke. Yay.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30