Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Necromancer Art&Lore
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35
[size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha[/size][/size][/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=393759][size=6][color=maroon]DancingDemonz's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Maple[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56632253] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/566323/56632253_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]She doesn't speak. If she speaks she is found. If she is found, she is in danger. She sneaks instead, and she hides. She snuck away to do her trials - she does not know that she would have been permitted otherwise, mother so protective, father so busy, so she made her way from home, made her way through lands she didn't know, crept and crawled and coiled in quiet ways, and even as the plague tore through her: she was silent. Maple doesn't speak. She doesn't need to. [i]Mother, may I play? No, daughter-dear. You must learn. Mother, may I see my siblings? They are busy, darling. Mother, may I try the trials? Dear. I have work to do. And you are not ready. Mother, may I- Maple.[/i] Her words unheard, her will ignored. Well. The Plaguebringer listened at least. Listened as she pled her case to the Wyrmwound, listened as she took the plague in, listened as she writhed and coiled as the plague tore through her and listened as she made not a sound at all. Maple knows, after all. There are dangerous beasts in the Wyrmwound, in the Plaguelands, of Plague it's very self. She did not wish to attract them. She knows she is not yet strong enough to protect herself. She rises, thylacine slashes down her back, scabs starting to peel off where the blood had burst through her flesh, where it had marked her as clearly as the Lady's own touch. She coils herself over, and calmly, peels off the rest, healing as she goes, searing fire into her skin to burn what is not healed shut. No blood spoor, be it blood or scabs. No pain. No noise. Maple makes not a sound. When she is done she lifts herself up, flaps exhausted wings and sighs. She has a long way to travel. When she meets Talon she wonders: is her silence her own, or is it something passed down? Something learned not from the dragon herself, but from what she has inherited, daughter of her daughter? Talon's hands twist, her fins rise and fall and flick and Maple mimics it as best she can, the fins on her arms and legs, in place of fins, her ears to help, her hands dancing as her grandmother's do. [i]Does she live?[/i] Talon asks. [i]Your mother?[/i] Maple shrugs. She doesn't know. She cannot bring herself to care, even as Talon's fins fall. [i]All our line,[/i] she signs, turning to her giant of a mate. [i]This curse-[/i] He nuzzles her softly, nose breaching through the plaguebringer's brand above Talon's forehead, it's fever-heat nothing over the flames of his flesh. "We will solve it," he promises. "One way or another. Already we have Elune." Maple does not speak a word aloud. The imperial turns to her. "You are a Necromancer," he says. "Will you serve?" She considers, tilting her head. She is not yet mature, still a child, but he asks her as though she is grown, treats her as an adult. She wonders if that is the madness spiralling in his eyes that has him do that, or if it is true respect. She does not think she trusts him. [i]I serve plague,[/i] she signs back, silent as Talon. [i]And I serve how I see fit.[/i] He frowns down at her, severe, and there's a snarl edging into his voice when next he speaks. "We do not have space for [i]mercy,[/i] granddaughter." She wants to duck her head, she wants to hide, she wants to coil and creep away as she always has but - no. Her mother ignored her, her father was too busy for her, her siblings she never got to see. She has learned a strength of her own will, her own silence and maybe she will never like other dragons, but she can face them, and she can offer kindness to them, kindness she was denied. [i]Mercy,[/i] she signs, looking her grandsire in the eyes, [i]Is what we make of it. And I choose to make it. [/i] She sees his face grow thunderous, feels the fear shimmer through her skin, and she wants to tremble and to flee, to run and hide as she always has, but she will not, not in this. I serve, she says, lifting her head, coiling back on herself and she is not tall, no, she is tiny in comparison, but she is as much fire as he is and she can be afraid and refuse to bow to it nonetheless. [i]But I serve as I see fit. I did not cry out as our Mother of Plague tested me; I have earned the right.[/i] Almost as soon as it arrived, it is gone, the anger flickered away like a flame and her grandsire laughs. "Maybe," he says, bowing his head to look her in the eye, scant inches away, his own spiralling feverishly. "But do not test me again, grandchild." [left][color=maroon]by EssayOfThoughts[/color][/left] [left][color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=46585292][color=maroon]Talon[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=55394205][color=maroon]Elune[/url] [/color] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pcdper929atye3v/plaguebottom.png[/img][/center] If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754/11#post_36445379]click here,[/url] ping or message me.
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
She doesn't speak. If she speaks she is found. If she is found, she is in danger. She sneaks instead, and she hides. She snuck away to do her trials - she does not know that she would have been permitted otherwise, mother so protective, father so busy, so she made her way from home, made her way through lands she didn't know, crept and crawled and coiled in quiet ways, and even as the plague tore through her: she was silent.

Maple doesn't speak. She doesn't need to.

Mother, may I play?

No, daughter-dear. You must learn.

Mother, may I see my siblings?

They are busy, darling.

Mother, may I try the trials?

Dear. I have work to do. And you are not ready.

Mother, may I-

Maple.

Her words unheard, her will ignored. Well. The Plaguebringer listened at least. Listened as she pled her case to the Wyrmwound, listened as she took the plague in, listened as she writhed and coiled as the plague tore through her and listened as she made not a sound at all.

Maple knows, after all. There are dangerous beasts in the Wyrmwound, in the Plaguelands, of Plague it's very self. She did not wish to attract them.

She knows she is not yet strong enough to protect herself.

She rises, thylacine slashes down her back, scabs starting to peel off where the blood had burst through her flesh, where it had marked her as clearly as the Lady's own touch. She coils herself over, and calmly, peels off the rest, healing as she goes, searing fire into her skin to burn what is not healed shut.

No blood spoor, be it blood or scabs. No pain. No noise. Maple makes not a sound.

When she is done she lifts herself up, flaps exhausted wings and sighs.

She has a long way to travel.

When she meets Talon she wonders: is her silence her own, or is it something passed down? Something learned not from the dragon herself, but from what she has inherited, daughter of her daughter?

Talon's hands twist, her fins rise and fall and flick and Maple mimics it as best she can, the fins on her arms and legs, in place of fins, her ears to help, her hands dancing as her grandmother's do.

Does she live? Talon asks. Your mother?

Maple shrugs. She doesn't know. She cannot bring herself to care, even as Talon's fins fall.

All our line, she signs, turning to her giant of a mate. This curse-

He nuzzles her softly, nose breaching through the plaguebringer's brand above Talon's forehead, it's fever-heat nothing over the flames of his flesh. "We will solve it," he promises. "One way or another. Already we have Elune."

Maple does not speak a word aloud. The imperial turns to her.

"You are a Necromancer," he says. "Will you serve?"

She considers, tilting her head. She is not yet mature, still a child, but he asks her as though she is grown, treats her as an adult. She wonders if that is the madness spiralling in his eyes that has him do that, or if it is true respect. She does not think she trusts him.

I serve plague, she signs back, silent as Talon. And I serve how I see fit.

He frowns down at her, severe, and there's a snarl edging into his voice when next he speaks. "We do not have space for mercy, granddaughter."

She wants to duck her head, she wants to hide, she wants to coil and creep away as she always has but - no. Her mother ignored her, her father was too busy for her, her siblings she never got to see. She has learned a strength of her own will, her own silence and maybe she will never like other dragons, but she can face them, and she can offer kindness to them, kindness she was denied.

Mercy, she signs, looking her grandsire in the eyes, Is what we make of it. And I choose to make it.

She sees his face grow thunderous, feels the fear shimmer through her skin, and she wants to tremble and to flee, to run and hide as she always has, but she will not, not in this.

I serve, she says, lifting her head, coiling back on herself and she is not tall, no, she is tiny in comparison, but she is as much fire as he is and she can be afraid and refuse to bow to it nonetheless. But I serve as I see fit. I did not cry out as our Mother of Plague tested me; I have earned the right.

Almost as soon as it arrived, it is gone, the anger flickered away like a flame and her grandsire laughs.

"Maybe," he says, bowing his head to look her in the eye, scant inches away, his own spiralling feverishly. "But do not test me again, grandchild."

by EssayOfThoughts

Also mentioned:
Talon
Elune

plaguebottom.png

If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information click here, ping or message me.
[size=0][size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha[/size][/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=476686][size=6][color=maroon]DarkSkyTheDemon's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Bloodbath[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56230196] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/562302/56230196_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]Bloodbath has others fearing him because how calm he is in battles. Myths say that he has never flinched, stuttered, hesitated, or anything of the sort; despite how amazing it sounds it's not true. Spirit; a soldier of the Demonheart clan was the first dragon currently living to see hesitation from him. Bloodbath was fascinated by the strength and confidence in Spirit. Even to the point that he even started to develop feelings for her. Though both parties don't know how to show feelings. Bloodbath gets captured by Spirit and brought to the cells; which aren't too far from Spirits room. He sings Spirit to sleep if he hears her mumbling for a long period of time. As the snow falls and gets into the cell; Spirit would guide him to a cell built into her room to keep him close and warm. The new cell was unheard of to most of the clan; and only those who Spirit trusts is aware of it. Bloodbath slowly realizes that he is becoming Spirit’s nightingale. This must be a big thing; right? He took the advantage to sing love songs hoping that she would catch on. Time goes by and she starts to sing along. The lair was filled with their voices as the two sang; finally realizing that their love was blossoming. The rest of the clan feared that Spirit may forget her job and went to the queen. Luna; the queen of the clan ordered Spirit to bring bloodbath to her. Once spirit did she was dismissed. “What are you and what do you want?” the queen sounded as if she hasn’t been strict before, “and what are your plans with Spirit?” Bloodbath bowed, “I am a necromancer by the name of Bloodbath, i wander around to learn and teach. I didn't realize that I came into your territory and greatly apologize for it.” There were a few moments of silence, as Bloodbath caught his breath. “I want to be part of this clan, i know i haven't seen much but you all seem kind and care about anyone. If I can't have that i will under-” “That will depend on your plans with spirit. As she is close to me I would rather be safe.” “May i come closer?” Luna allowed it and noticed that Bloodbath seemed nervous, “what is it?” “I want to be her mate, she is strong and independent; as well as reliable, kind, and caring. I don’t want to hurt her role, since she is serious about it.” Luna smiled, “alright, thank you.” [left][color=maroon]by DarkSkyTheDemon[/color][/left] [left][color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=476686&tab=dragon&did=55877717][color=maroon]Spirit[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=476686&tab=dragon&did=53308748][color=maroon]Luna[/url] [/color] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pcdper929atye3v/plaguebottom.png[/img][/center] If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754/11#post_36445379]click here,[/url] ping, or message me.
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
Bloodbath has others fearing him because how calm he is in battles. Myths say that he has never flinched, stuttered, hesitated, or anything of the sort; despite how amazing it sounds it's not true. Spirit; a soldier of the Demonheart clan was the first dragon currently living to see hesitation from him.

Bloodbath was fascinated by the strength and confidence in Spirit. Even to the point that he even started to develop feelings for her. Though both parties don't know how to show feelings.

Bloodbath gets captured by Spirit and brought to the cells; which aren't too far from Spirits room. He sings Spirit to sleep if he hears her mumbling for a long period of time.

As the snow falls and gets into the cell; Spirit would guide him to a cell built into her room to keep him close and warm. The new cell was unheard of to most of the clan; and only those who Spirit trusts is aware of it.

Bloodbath slowly realizes that he is becoming Spirit’s nightingale. This must be a big thing; right? He took the advantage to sing love songs hoping that she would catch on.

Time goes by and she starts to sing along. The lair was filled with their voices as the two sang; finally realizing that their love was blossoming. The rest of the clan feared that Spirit may forget her job and went to the queen.

Luna; the queen of the clan ordered Spirit to bring bloodbath to her. Once spirit did she was dismissed.

“What are you and what do you want?” the queen sounded as if she hasn’t been strict before, “and what are your plans with Spirit?”

Bloodbath bowed, “I am a necromancer by the name of Bloodbath, i wander around to learn and teach. I didn't realize that I came into your territory and greatly apologize for it.”

There were a few moments of silence, as Bloodbath caught his breath.

“I want to be part of this clan, i know i haven't seen much but you all seem kind and care about anyone. If I can't have that i will under-”

“That will depend on your plans with spirit. As she is close to me I would rather be safe.”

“May i come closer?”

Luna allowed it and noticed that Bloodbath seemed nervous, “what is it?”

“I want to be her mate, she is strong and independent; as well as reliable, kind, and caring. I don’t want to hurt her role, since she is serious about it.”

Luna smiled, “alright, thank you.”

by DarkSkyTheDemon

Also mentioned:
Spirit
Luna

plaguebottom.png

If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information click here, ping, or message me.
[size=0][size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha[/size][/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=191160][size=6][color=maroon]EssayOfThoughts'[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Pestilentia[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43978078] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439781/43978078_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]Pestilentia is... limited. She knows this. She can curse well - better than many, thanks to her master's teaching - and she can cure with herbs and the decoctions she can make from the skin and blood and venom of her serpents. In her own skin and blood she carries a myriad cures she cannot use - but her master can, if she casts them all to him. She is a loyal 'servus. She does as she is meant to: she serves. Pleurisy had saved her life and, together, they had almost saved their clan. It is to their detriment they failed and that failure the cause that they fled. She cannot be a failure. They failed once, she and Pleurisy, so she cannot fail him further. She learns all she can - even Ondine's heretical curing with a curse, though she dares not use it - and she learns every plague she can. She fails him, just the once, with the eggs she has. She tries, quickly, to rectify it, to send one off to a new home and safety. Hippolytus he finds, however, and... Well, she is lucky. Pleurisy has always been a kind master. It is why she loves him, why she obeys him, why she does all she can to avoid being a failure. Still: time comes that Hippolytus too must be gone from her. Every dragon must make their own way and Eschar had been very clear. So she work. So she strives. So she travels - and in travelling finds a new companion, undead, plague-made. An entity both of and against Plague's own nature. A thing which has survived that which nothing should. Perhaps, she thinks, this new companion, her half-ghostly haunting vulture friend, perhaps this strange thing, this blessing of the Plaguebringer is why, at last, she and Pleurisy have truly succeeded. She sits beside her master, halfway curled around him, and together they watch and wait for Aureus to wake. Few 'servi can say they contributed to neutralising a ghoul, after all. [left][color=maroon]by EssayOfThoughts[/color][/left] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pcdper929atye3v/plaguebottom.png[/img][/center] If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754/11#post_36445379]click here,[/url] ping, or message me.
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
Pestilentia is... limited. She knows this. She can curse well - better than many, thanks to her master's teaching - and she can cure with herbs and the decoctions she can make from the skin and blood and venom of her serpents. In her own skin and blood she carries a myriad cures she cannot use - but her master can, if she casts them all to him.

She is a loyal 'servus. She does as she is meant to: she serves. Pleurisy had saved her life and, together, they had almost saved their clan. It is to their detriment they failed and that failure the cause that they fled.

She cannot be a failure. They failed once, she and Pleurisy, so she cannot fail him further. She learns all she can - even Ondine's heretical curing with a curse, though she dares not use it - and she learns every plague she can.

She fails him, just the once, with the eggs she has. She tries, quickly, to rectify it, to send one off to a new home and safety. Hippolytus he finds, however, and...

Well, she is lucky. Pleurisy has always been a kind master. It is why she loves him, why she obeys him, why she does all she can to avoid being a failure. Still: time comes that Hippolytus too must be gone from her. Every dragon must make their own way and Eschar had been very clear.

So she work. So she strives. So she travels - and in travelling finds a new companion, undead, plague-made. An entity both of and against Plague's own nature. A thing which has survived that which nothing should.

Perhaps, she thinks, this new companion, her half-ghostly haunting vulture friend, perhaps this strange thing, this blessing of the Plaguebringer is why, at last, she and Pleurisy have truly succeeded.

She sits beside her master, halfway curled around him, and together they watch and wait for Aureus to wake.

Few 'servi can say they contributed to neutralising a ghoul, after all.

by EssayOfThoughts

plaguebottom.png

If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information click here, ping, or message me.
[size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=294852][size=6][color=maroon]ShadowPiper's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Antier[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48379622] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483797/48379622_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]Antier halted on a steep overhang of red hardened clay as he overlooked the border between the abiding bone yard, his home, and the begining of the rotrock rim, a place he had spent much time in his younger years. The sand picked up by the harsh winds ruffled the pristine white feathers adorning his head, serving the purpose of a wedding ring more traditional dragons would wear. "Almost there. The only thing that would ruin this now is if your 'family' showed up" Antier mumbled dryly to his mate, serving only a small glance to make sure he was there, he always was, before diving off the edge and landing after extending his wings just moments before he hit the ground. The white Wildclaw landed just beside him a moment later, adjusting the deep red and striped plumes covering his own body, the Necromantic colours adorning them. They had once belonged to Antier, dyed to match. "Those old Crows won't step near me if they can avoid it, I doubt there's anything to worry about" the Wildclaw commented, voice soft, as he gently scratched the mark on his shoulder. No matter how much it burned or itched, he would treasure the 'gift' given by the Necromancer. With a nod the two continued on, a small group following behind them now that the coast was clear to cross. The dragons in this territory were sure to be a pest if they reared their scarred heads. A loud screech hit them from the sky as their 'scout' returned and perched on Antier's back, the hazebeacon chattering it's beak in mild distress as it preened. The necromancer frowned, a detour would be needed further in, but it was of no concern now. [center]___________________[/center] [color=maroon]Ah, this must have been the cause of distress, a group of lost dragons, terribly ill and robbed of their possessions. It was unknown if this was the work of a Ghoul, rouge Necroservus, a Necromancer, or if the dragons were ill prior to the attack, however their wounds made Antier think the illness was instilled in them, one way or another. He rose a claw, his group stopping in his tracks as he walked forward, his mate a little behind but keeping a respectful distance. His hazebeacon shielded the wounded group with thick fog, the center clear air so Antier could work. The mirror gently healed the sickness writhing under their scales, the red marks signature of a Crow fading under his claws. So his intial guess had been wrong, but it wasn't something he couldn't fix. He after all had his own on his shoulder, a reminder of the dragon waiting for him just behind. He could do nothing for their physical wounds but wrap them in bandages and wish them swift healing as he helped the group gather their few things. "Thank you" The spoke with varying levels of certainty, some more weary and remaining silent. "I'm sorry but if you want payment, there's nothing we can-" "I don't want nor need anything. To help you and curse the wrongdoer is enough for me, as Mother wishes." Antier took from a small coin pouch a handful of gems and treasure, offering it to the group. "The nearest town is just south, the direction we came from. An Outpost is just beyond the border of the boneyard, follow the path and lanterns." He directed as the fog cleared and the hazebeacon took it's perch, Antier's own group catching up now as they prepared to continue. "Your pesky siblings were here, Briar. A visit with them may be unavoidable" Briar nodded once as he gently pressed his nose to Antier's shoulder in greeting. "And here I was hoping for a peaceful honeymoon." [left][color=maroon]by ShadowPiper[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=294852&tab=dragon&did=56549635][color=maroon]Briar[/color][/url] [/color]
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
Antier halted on a steep overhang of red hardened clay as he overlooked the border between the abiding bone yard, his home, and the begining of the rotrock rim, a place he had spent much time in his younger years. The sand picked up by the harsh winds ruffled the pristine white feathers adorning his head, serving the purpose of a wedding ring more traditional dragons would wear.

"Almost there. The only thing that would ruin this now is if your 'family' showed up"
Antier mumbled dryly to his mate, serving only a small glance to make sure he was there, he always was, before diving off the edge and landing after extending his wings just moments before he hit the ground. The white Wildclaw landed just beside him a moment later, adjusting the deep red and striped plumes covering his own body, the Necromantic colours adorning them. They had once belonged to Antier, dyed to match.

"Those old Crows won't step near me if they can avoid it, I doubt there's anything to worry about" the Wildclaw commented, voice soft, as he gently scratched the mark on his shoulder. No matter how much it burned or itched, he would treasure the 'gift' given by the Necromancer. With a nod the two continued on, a small group following behind them now that the coast was clear to cross. The dragons in this territory were sure to be a pest if they reared their scarred heads.
A loud screech hit them from the sky as their 'scout' returned and perched on Antier's back, the hazebeacon chattering it's beak in mild distress as it preened. The necromancer frowned, a detour would be needed further in, but it was of no concern now.

Ah, this must have been the cause of distress, a group of lost dragons, terribly ill and robbed of their possessions. It was unknown if this was the work of a Ghoul, rouge Necroservus, a Necromancer, or if the dragons were ill prior to the attack, however their wounds made Antier think the illness was instilled in them, one way or another. He rose a claw, his group stopping in his tracks as he walked forward, his mate a little behind but keeping a respectful distance.

His hazebeacon shielded the wounded group with thick fog, the center clear air so Antier could work. The mirror gently healed the sickness writhing under their scales, the red marks signature of a Crow fading under his claws. So his intial guess had been wrong, but it wasn't something he couldn't fix. He after all had his own on his shoulder, a reminder of the dragon waiting for him just behind.
He could do nothing for their physical wounds but wrap them in bandages and wish them swift healing as he helped the group gather their few things.
"Thank you" The spoke with varying levels of certainty, some more weary and remaining silent.
"I'm sorry but if you want payment, there's nothing we can-"
"I don't want nor need anything. To help you and curse the wrongdoer is enough for me, as Mother wishes." Antier took from a small coin pouch a handful of gems and treasure, offering it to the group.
"The nearest town is just south, the direction we came from. An Outpost is just beyond the border of the boneyard, follow the path and lanterns." He directed as the fog cleared and the hazebeacon took it's perch, Antier's own group catching up now as they prepared to continue.
"Your pesky siblings were here, Briar. A visit with them may be unavoidable" Briar nodded once as he gently pressed his nose to Antier's shoulder in greeting.
"And here I was hoping for a peaceful honeymoon."

by ShadowPiper

Also mentioned:
Briar
[size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=141769][size=6][color=maroon]Delotha's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Wretch[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56441630] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/564417/56441630_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]By the Mother, he [i]hurt[/i]. He shifted clumsily, feeling oddly stiff. It had to be the last dregs of the infection. He blinked around him, his vision making little sense as he peered at the dragon standing over him. He tried to push himself up, wincing as he did so. The fever must still be raging - the perspective was all wrong. “Am I…?” “Name?” the Coatl asked, sounding bored. He identified them as a Necromancer. It took a while, his vision was still off. “Soren,” he replied, annoyed. Shouldn’t that be obvious? Wasn’t he one of the only Spirals in the Trials? The dragon blinked at him. “[i]Soren?[/i] How…?” He frowned at them, and turned away. He had to close his eyes - the double-vision wasn’t helping anything. Already, he knew that he had failed. True Necromancers didn’t black out during the Trials. Even the Servi managed to stay awake. He waited for the crushing disappointment. Or maybe even the relief that he hadn’t just outright died. But nothing came. His thoughts felt sluggish. [b]He[/b] felt sluggish, and stiff. Awkward. Was this what it meant to be a Ghoul? Would it only get worse from here? Was that why so many went mad? Ah, the first vestiges of disappointment, coming on the heels of fear. Madness awaited him, eventually. Unless a Necromancer took pity on him, but then he’d forever be their servant - practically their slave - with none of the benefits a Servus possessed. “Can you look at me?” the Coatl asked. He sighed and turned, squinting at the double-vision. And blinked in surprise. This must be a very small Coatl - he could look them in the eye without craning his neck. They were staring at him in confusion. They reached for him, feeling his face and studying his body. “Strange,” the Coatl murmured. He tried to twist away from them, grunting when his body refused to move as fluidly as he knew it could. “What?” he snapped. The Coatl pressed their small hands over his eyes, forcing them shut. And yet, he could pick out their form just fine. The slashes of plague showed up almost brightly against their warm body. He could see the aura of the Wyrmwound, and along the ground small auras of color picking out rocks and debris. “Wha…?” “Can you see me?” the Coatl asked. “Yes,” he answered slowly. “But… [i]how[/i]?” The Coatl released his face and stepped back. He blinked at them, surprised to see color and detail overlapping the auras on their body. Their expression was confused, and almost pitying. “You’ve changed,” they told him. He looked down at himself, and nearly fainted on the spot. His forelegs were longer, stronger. The stabilizing wings were gone, replaced by shorter, stiff fans. He turned to look at his body, his spine and muscles straining. He could see his back, light slashes of dormant plague tracing his spine and wings. Wings that were longer and broader than before. He turned to look down his front, rearing back on his hind legs. Those, too, were longer and stronger than before, lacking the stabilising wings. His forepaws reached up to his face, tracing the skull-like faceplate to the stiff fans. A Mirror. Twin eyes, one pair to see normally by light and another that could sense heat. That explained the strange double-vision, and the body stiffness. “How…?” he asked, his mind struggling to accept this reality. “The Mother’s will,” the Coatl shrugged, mystery acknowledged and filed. “You can leave, if you want.” Another thought occurred to him. So lost in all the physical changes of his body, he hadn’t noticed the color. The light slashes of plague, yes, but the skin beneath it. Not the vibrant red of a Ghoul, but the odd red-brown of something very different. Neither Servus nor Necromancer nor Ghoul. A Wraith. Like his parents. A failure, with no place among the Necromancers. Forever marked by his Trials, but locked away from the mysteries of the plague. Unable to infect, unless he sought out alchemical or magical means. A failure and one changed. His body twisted into the shape of a Mirror, the Mother’s own breed. But she had rejected him… Soren no more, he stumbled past the Coatl. [left][color=maroon]by Delotha[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=141769&tab=dragon&did=57112818][color=maroon]Soren[/color][/url] [/color] __________ If you have a Necromancer and would like them featured in out weekly spotlight, please ping or message me. I'm currently actively looking for dragons to add to the pool. You can add or withdraw your dragons at any time. For more information [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754/11#post_36445379]click here,[/url] ping, or message me.
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

He shifted clumsily, feeling oddly stiff. It had to be the last dregs of the infection. He blinked around him, his vision making little sense as he peered at the dragon standing over him. He tried to push himself up, wincing as he did so. The fever must still be raging - the perspective was all wrong.

“Am I…?”

“Name?” the Coatl asked, sounding bored. He identified them as a Necromancer. It took a while, his vision was still off.

“Soren,” he replied, annoyed. Shouldn’t that be obvious? Wasn’t he one of the only Spirals in the Trials?

The dragon blinked at him. “Soren? How…?”

He frowned at them, and turned away. He had to close his eyes - the double-vision wasn’t helping anything. Already, he knew that he had failed. True Necromancers didn’t black out during the Trials. Even the Servi managed to stay awake.

He waited for the crushing disappointment. Or maybe even the relief that he hadn’t just outright died. But nothing came. His thoughts felt sluggish. He felt sluggish, and stiff. Awkward. Was this what it meant to be a Ghoul? Would it only get worse from here? Was that why so many went mad?

Ah, the first vestiges of disappointment, coming on the heels of fear. Madness awaited him, eventually. Unless a Necromancer took pity on him, but then he’d forever be their servant - practically their slave - with none of the benefits a Servus possessed.

“Can you look at me?” the Coatl asked. He sighed and turned, squinting at the double-vision.

And blinked in surprise. This must be a very small Coatl - he could look them in the eye without craning his neck. They were staring at him in confusion. They reached for him, feeling his face and studying his body.

“Strange,” the Coatl murmured.

He tried to twist away from them, grunting when his body refused to move as fluidly as he knew it could.

“What?” he snapped.

The Coatl pressed their small hands over his eyes, forcing them shut. And yet, he could pick out their form just fine. The slashes of plague showed up almost brightly against their warm body. He could see the aura of the Wyrmwound, and along the ground small auras of color picking out rocks and debris.

“Wha…?”

“Can you see me?” the Coatl asked.

“Yes,” he answered slowly. “But… how?”

The Coatl released his face and stepped back. He blinked at them, surprised to see color and detail overlapping the auras on their body. Their expression was confused, and almost pitying.

“You’ve changed,” they told him.

He looked down at himself, and nearly fainted on the spot. His forelegs were longer, stronger. The stabilizing wings were gone, replaced by shorter, stiff fans. He turned to look at his body, his spine and muscles straining. He could see his back, light slashes of dormant plague tracing his spine and wings. Wings that were longer and broader than before. He turned to look down his front, rearing back on his hind legs. Those, too, were longer and stronger than before, lacking the stabilising wings. His forepaws reached up to his face, tracing the skull-like faceplate to the stiff fans.

A Mirror. Twin eyes, one pair to see normally by light and another that could sense heat. That explained the strange double-vision, and the body stiffness.

“How…?” he asked, his mind struggling to accept this reality.

“The Mother’s will,” the Coatl shrugged, mystery acknowledged and filed. “You can leave, if you want.”

Another thought occurred to him. So lost in all the physical changes of his body, he hadn’t noticed the color. The light slashes of plague, yes, but the skin beneath it. Not the vibrant red of a Ghoul, but the odd red-brown of something very different. Neither Servus nor Necromancer nor Ghoul.

A Wraith.

Like his parents.

A failure, with no place among the Necromancers. Forever marked by his Trials, but locked away from the mysteries of the plague. Unable to infect, unless he sought out alchemical or magical means.

A failure and one changed. His body twisted into the shape of a Mirror, the Mother’s own breed. But she had rejected him…

Soren no more, he stumbled past the Coatl.

by Delotha

Also mentioned:
Soren

[size=0][size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat[/size][/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=393759][size=6][color=maroon]Bloodhunter's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Typhon[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56011552] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/560116/56011552_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]He's blown there by Wind. He supposes he ought to take it as a sign. He clambers out of the blasted tree he was thrown into by a windgust, checks himself over for any scratches. The air here, for all it's filled with spores and shadows, reeks of plague. Interesting. Wings exhausted, he starts walking. "Who are you?" He does not know what to make of the imperial facing him now, wings slightly flared, eyes spiralling hypnotically, thylacine slashes down his back marking him clearly a Necromancer as Typhon is himself. "You," the imperial says again. "How did you get here, why are you here and [i]who are you[/i]?" He does not notice the Necroservus fae in the imperial's shadow until a bolt of plague strikes his side, forcing his own to surge out of him in a gust of wind. "Ah," the imperial says. "Well, come along then." Typhon hardly knows what else to do, imperial walking away, fae hovering threateningly nearby, so he follows. Food is laid out before him. Roughly half of it is rotting, the other half laced with plague and poison. He picks through carefully, eating what he knows he can counter. The imperial is smiling. "Clever," he says. "I ask again, stranger. Who are you and why are you here?" Typhon shrugs. "Wind sent me." The spiralling eyes narrow. "Whom in Wind wishes to scout us?" Typhon sucks food off a skewer, counters the poison it holds, and wags a claw at him. "You misunderstand me. I am not sent by Wind the flight. I am sent by Wind itself. I flew, and the Winds blew me here." He shrugs. "I am a Necromancer, as-yet unassigned anyplace. The Wind decided where I ought to go." The imperial glances to the fae, the fae inclines her head, the glowing brand of plague above her illuminating her scales oddly. "You wish a task?" the imperial asks. "Hm." It's the fae who speaks, almost silent, half her words conveyed in flicked fins and darting hands, the old sign language of plague, meant for dragons so ill their voices do not obey them. [i]We have one we would see protected[/i], she signs. [i]A Necromancer like you.[/i] Typhon's eyes narrow and he sets his skewer down with careful claws. "Can they not protect themselves?" It's the imperial who replies. "She can," he says. "She is more than capable of that. But we have lost too many of her siblings to be willing to risk her, even now. Wind blew you here, you say? Perhaps Wind intended you for her." It's a mad logic, a leap made because it is wished rather than because it makes any kind of sense, but this imperial's eyes spiral with hypnotic madness, this Necroservus has dangerously powerful plague in her veins and the food they have laid out has all been a trap. Typhon is well aware that he may not escape unless they wish it. "Perhaps," he agrees. "May I meet this Necromancer you would have me treat as a Guardian does their Charge?" The imperial smiles, something somewhere between fondly understanding and utterly, fiercely intimidating, but Typhon will not bow to this one's odd madness. If this odd mad one wishes him to protect his child, then, perhaps, he can, if Wind willed it, but if that is what this odd mad one wants then he cannot expect him to be cowed easily. The garden, Typhon realises, is likely where half the poison in his food came from. Azalea, cicuta, oleander, datura. Fungi too, fly agaric and angel's trumpet, deathcap and skullspore. In the midst is an imperial, as grand as her father, slowly working her way over the plants, bottling this, basketing that, carefully picking and pruning as she goes with ready grace. "Elune!" calls the imperial leading the way. "I have found a protector for you." She has arcane eyes, he sees, when she turns to look, and a quiet but curious nature, snakes coiling over her skin and bugs crawling over her body. She looks as at home in the garden as any nature dragon might, but for her eyes marking her arcane, her thylacine slashes marking her touched by plague, her father with his fire-mad eyes before them both. Typhon rather likes her already. "Typhon," he says, extending a claw. "Of Wind. Wind sent me." She tilts her head, speaks softly a question he hasn't heard since the Trials, since a grand claw reached out of nothing to pour plague into his body. "Will you serve?" she asks. He cannot give any answer but what he gave then, the plague in his body guiding him just as much as the Wind that guided him here. "Gladly," he replies. [left][color=maroon]by Bloodhunter[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=44519603][color=maroon]ConTam[/color][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=46585292][color=maroon]Talon[/color][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=55394205][color=maroon]Elune[/url] [/color]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
He's blown there by Wind. He supposes he ought to take it as a sign. He clambers out of the blasted tree he was thrown into by a windgust, checks himself over for any scratches. The air here, for all it's filled with spores and shadows, reeks of plague.

Interesting. Wings exhausted, he starts walking.

"Who are you?"

He does not know what to make of the imperial facing him now, wings slightly flared, eyes spiralling hypnotically, thylacine slashes down his back marking him clearly a Necromancer as Typhon is himself.

"You," the imperial says again. "How did you get here, why are you here and who are you?"

He does not notice the Necroservus fae in the imperial's shadow until a bolt of plague strikes his side, forcing his own to surge out of him in a gust of wind.

"Ah," the imperial says. "Well, come along then."

Typhon hardly knows what else to do, imperial walking away, fae hovering threateningly nearby, so he follows.

Food is laid out before him. Roughly half of it is rotting, the other half laced with plague and poison. He picks through carefully, eating what he knows he can counter. The imperial is smiling.

"Clever," he says. "I ask again, stranger. Who are you and why are you here?"

Typhon shrugs. "Wind sent me."

The spiralling eyes narrow. "Whom in Wind wishes to scout us?"

Typhon sucks food off a skewer, counters the poison it holds, and wags a claw at him. "You misunderstand me. I am not sent by Wind the flight. I am sent by Wind itself. I flew, and the Winds blew me here." He shrugs. "I am a Necromancer, as-yet unassigned anyplace. The Wind decided where I ought to go."

The imperial glances to the fae, the fae inclines her head, the glowing brand of plague above her illuminating her scales oddly.

"You wish a task?" the imperial asks. "Hm."

It's the fae who speaks, almost silent, half her words conveyed in flicked fins and darting hands, the old sign language of plague, meant for dragons so ill their voices do not obey them. We have one we would see protected, she signs. A Necromancer like you.

Typhon's eyes narrow and he sets his skewer down with careful claws. "Can they not protect themselves?"

It's the imperial who replies. "She can," he says. "She is more than capable of that. But we have lost too many of her siblings to be willing to risk her, even now. Wind blew you here, you say? Perhaps Wind intended you for her."

It's a mad logic, a leap made because it is wished rather than because it makes any kind of sense, but this imperial's eyes spiral with hypnotic madness, this Necroservus has dangerously powerful plague in her veins and the food they have laid out has all been a trap. Typhon is well aware that he may not escape unless they wish it.

"Perhaps," he agrees. "May I meet this Necromancer you would have me treat as a Guardian does their Charge?"

The imperial smiles, something somewhere between fondly understanding and utterly, fiercely intimidating, but Typhon will not bow to this one's odd madness. If this odd mad one wishes him to protect his child, then, perhaps, he can, if Wind willed it, but if that is what this odd mad one wants then he cannot expect him to be cowed easily.

The garden, Typhon realises, is likely where half the poison in his food came from. Azalea, cicuta, oleander, datura. Fungi too, fly agaric and angel's trumpet, deathcap and skullspore. In the midst is an imperial, as grand as her father, slowly working her way over the plants, bottling this, basketing that, carefully picking and pruning as she goes with ready grace.

"Elune!" calls the imperial leading the way. "I have found a protector for you."

She has arcane eyes, he sees, when she turns to look, and a quiet but curious nature, snakes coiling over her skin and bugs crawling over her body. She looks as at home in the garden as any nature dragon might, but for her eyes marking her arcane, her thylacine slashes marking her touched by plague, her father with his fire-mad eyes before them both.

Typhon rather likes her already.

"Typhon," he says, extending a claw. "Of Wind. Wind sent me."

She tilts her head, speaks softly a question he hasn't heard since the Trials, since a grand claw reached out of nothing to pour plague into his body. "Will you serve?" she asks.

He cannot give any answer but what he gave then, the plague in his body guiding him just as much as the Wind that guided him here.

"Gladly," he replies.

by Bloodhunter

Also mentioned:
ConTam
Talon
Elune
[size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=191160][size=6][color=maroon]EssayOfThoughts'[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Bottfly[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55394206] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/553943/55394206_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]"They are part of you." Viria's voice is soft and Bottfly glances over to where her niece rests on her back, wings splayed out, a claw holding up a circle of glowing runes the same colour as Viria's eyes. "Your bugs." They have not told the clan of the connection they share - or, for that matter, the connection they have to certain members of the clan - but here, in this chamber, Bottfly's personal chamber in the portion of carved out tunnels and caves she shares with Kythera and their shared 'servus Dream, they can at least let some familiarity show. Admit, even quietly, to what they each know - what Bottfly's bugs have tasted in their flesh and blood and bone, what Viria's magics recognised and sought when she aimed to escape the twisted mess of their family. Well. She found more family. Bottfly's still not entirely sure [i]what[/i] Viria had intended with the rune circle she had made. She cannot make head nor tail of the mock-up Viria had drawn, but then she had little chance to learn arcane sorcery before her father had killed the clan she was nested with and taken her sister. After that, she was too determined to secure her safety to study it further. [i]Runeblight[/i] Viria had said, and Bottfly had heard of those, before she left the Isles, but never had a chance to learn what they are. "They are," she agrees. She does not incline her head. From Viria's upside-down perspective it'd look even more odd than it ever would for a fae to use any easily understood physical gesture and for all Kythera's company Bottfly still finds the mannerisms of other dragons hard to replicate. "How?" In this, her niece is still a child. She passed the Trials - Plaguemother only knows [i]how[/i], but perhaps their bloodline is simply strong for it - but she knows very little of Necromancer practice and Necromancer powers. Bottfly shrugs - the only mannerism she's really picked up, mostly because Porcelain does it too, the small pale healer-fae who took her maggots without flinching when she offered them for Likho's wound. "They are mine," she says. "Fed from and born in my flesh. They are mine and I am theirs, just as my plague is." Viria watches, head craned back. Bottfly's fins flick up, down. "It is my own plague, but I am it's own too - Her own." "The Plaguebringer." Viria's tone is tired and with a sigh, Bottfly flutters over, smooths a small hand over the imperial's free one. "You passed Her trials. You are Hers in a way, even if you do not wish to be." "I never [i]wanted[/i] to be," Viria says. "[i]He[/i] made me." She sighs, her fuchsia eyes are wet. "I was meant to be a Runeblight. To protect my people with that, not-" Gently, Bottfly reaches up. Her hands, both of them, cover Viria's wet eyes, and the imperial lifts her wings, lets the glowing rune-eyes on their backs watch her instead. "If you wish to," Bottfly says. "No one here will forbid you from serving as Runeblight instead of Necromancer." Viria's unblinking rune-eyes watch, golden on her flesh in a way most none of her other magic is. The only magic Bottfly knows that glows that same gold is when she blights something, twists a rune to a contradictory, complementary meaning, something it should not and yet does and yet [i]can[/i]. Bottfly readily admits she does not understand it, not anymore than she understands heretical Ondine's curing with a curse, not even when Dream tried to explain the principle of it. It is simply something [i]Else[/i], something beyond her scope to know. "Aunt Fly?" Fly for the bugs and beetles in her flesh, fly for her wings and how she travelled long journeys with no strength but her own to carry her, fly for her name, the one she gave herself. "Yes, crystal?" Crystal for glassware, crystal for the isles they were born to, crystal for the magic and the runestones Viria loves so very much. Crystal for their shine, for the simple childlike joy they bring. "Why did you take the trials? It wasn't- [i]He[/i] didn't make you, did he? You're not afraid of him like I am." Bottfly sighs again. Withdraws her hands from her niece's eyes. She was never born with such power as Viria was. She was never chosen as her sister was. She was left behind and forgotten, a cuckoo in the wrong nest forgotten by the parents who laid her and orphaned from the ones who raised her. She was left to find her own strength, and she found it to better hide from her fear. "No," she says. "He didn't make me. I chose to." "Then why-" "Crystal," Bottfly says, word let out in a shaky breath. "I am very, very afraid of my father. That is why." [left][color=maroon]by EssayOfThoughts[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=56910998][color=maroon]Viria (Bottfly's niece, ConTam's granddaughter)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=55369450][color=maroon]Kythera (Bottfly's... something. They're very close.)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=55835363][color=maroon]Dream (Bottfly and Kythera's shared 'servus. Practically their son)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=55394205][color=maroon]Elune (Bottfly's sister, Viria's mother)[/url] [url= https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=20425368][color=maroon]Porcelain (clan healer, shadowborn)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=38914337][color=maroon]Likho (member of the shadowguard who protects the clan at night)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=44519603][color=maroon]ConTam (the He mentioned, Viria's grandfather, Bottfly's father)[/color][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=393759&tab=dragon&did=46585292][color=maroon]Talon[/color][/url] [url= https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=44519604][color=maroon]Ondine (... cousin of some description to Bottfly? Heretical Servus who cures with a curse)[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754/19#post_40812274][color=maroon]Porcelain accepting Maggots to heal Likho, from Plaguetober 2019[/url] [/color]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
"They are part of you." Viria's voice is soft and Bottfly glances over to where her niece rests on her back, wings splayed out, a claw holding up a circle of glowing runes the same colour as Viria's eyes. "Your bugs."

They have not told the clan of the connection they share - or, for that matter, the connection they have to certain members of the clan - but here, in this chamber, Bottfly's personal chamber in the portion of carved out tunnels and caves she shares with Kythera and their shared 'servus Dream, they can at least let some familiarity show. Admit, even quietly, to what they each know - what Bottfly's bugs have tasted in their flesh and blood and bone, what Viria's magics recognised and sought when she aimed to escape the twisted mess of their family.

Well. She found more family. Bottfly's still not entirely sure what Viria had intended with the rune circle she had made. She cannot make head nor tail of the mock-up Viria had drawn, but then she had little chance to learn arcane sorcery before her father had killed the clan she was nested with and taken her sister. After that, she was too determined to secure her safety to study it further.

Runeblight Viria had said, and Bottfly had heard of those, before she left the Isles, but never had a chance to learn what they are.

"They are," she agrees. She does not incline her head. From Viria's upside-down perspective it'd look even more odd than it ever would for a fae to use any easily understood physical gesture and for all Kythera's company Bottfly still finds the mannerisms of other dragons hard to replicate.

"How?"

In this, her niece is still a child. She passed the Trials - Plaguemother only knows how, but perhaps their bloodline is simply strong for it - but she knows very little of Necromancer practice and Necromancer powers.

Bottfly shrugs - the only mannerism she's really picked up, mostly because Porcelain does it too, the small pale healer-fae who took her maggots without flinching when she offered them for Likho's wound. "They are mine," she says. "Fed from and born in my flesh. They are mine and I am theirs, just as my plague is." Viria watches, head craned back. Bottfly's fins flick up, down. "It is my own plague, but I am it's own too - Her own."

"The Plaguebringer."

Viria's tone is tired and with a sigh, Bottfly flutters over, smooths a small hand over the imperial's free one.

"You passed Her trials. You are Hers in a way, even if you do not wish to be."

"I never wanted to be," Viria says. "He made me." She sighs, her fuchsia eyes are wet. "I was meant to be a Runeblight. To protect my people with that, not-"

Gently, Bottfly reaches up. Her hands, both of them, cover Viria's wet eyes, and the imperial lifts her wings, lets the glowing rune-eyes on their backs watch her instead.

"If you wish to," Bottfly says. "No one here will forbid you from serving as Runeblight instead of Necromancer."

Viria's unblinking rune-eyes watch, golden on her flesh in a way most none of her other magic is. The only magic Bottfly knows that glows that same gold is when she blights something, twists a rune to a contradictory, complementary meaning, something it should not and yet does and yet can.

Bottfly readily admits she does not understand it, not anymore than she understands heretical Ondine's curing with a curse, not even when Dream tried to explain the principle of it. It is simply something Else, something beyond her scope to know.

"Aunt Fly?" Fly for the bugs and beetles in her flesh, fly for her wings and how she travelled long journeys with no strength but her own to carry her, fly for her name, the one she gave herself.

"Yes, crystal?" Crystal for glassware, crystal for the isles they were born to, crystal for the magic and the runestones Viria loves so very much. Crystal for their shine, for the simple childlike joy they bring.

"Why did you take the trials? It wasn't- He didn't make you, did he? You're not afraid of him like I am."

Bottfly sighs again. Withdraws her hands from her niece's eyes. She was never born with such power as Viria was. She was never chosen as her sister was. She was left behind and forgotten, a cuckoo in the wrong nest forgotten by the parents who laid her and orphaned from the ones who raised her. She was left to find her own strength, and she found it to better hide from her fear.

"No," she says. "He didn't make me. I chose to."

"Then why-"

"Crystal," Bottfly says, word let out in a shaky breath. "I am very, very afraid of my father. That is why."

by EssayOfThoughts

Also mentioned:

Viria (Bottfly's niece, ConTam's granddaughter)
Kythera (Bottfly's... something. They're very close.)
Dream (Bottfly and Kythera's shared 'servus. Practically their son)
Elune (Bottfly's sister, Viria's mother)
Porcelain (clan healer, shadowborn)
Likho (member of the shadowguard who protects the clan at night)
ConTam (the He mentioned, Viria's grandfather, Bottfly's father)
Talon
Ondine (... cousin of some description to Bottfly? Heretical Servus who cures with a curse)
Porcelain accepting Maggots to heal Likho, from Plaguetober 2019
[size=0]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat @godofmesses[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=191160][size=6][color=maroon]EssayOfThoughts'[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Pleurisy[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43169315] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431694/43169315_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][color=maroon]Pleurisy has done many things in his life. He has studied. He has searched. He has attempted the Trials and passed with flying colours. With Pestilentia at his side they tended a clan with care and skill for years until they could no longer. He still feels the sting of that failure. Here, with this clan, under the rule of Tethys - and it is strange, sometimes, to find a dragon so assured of herself she only sometimes turns to her Necromancers for advice. What they give is respected, but she does not turn to them as readily as others he knows have. Then again, she is born to Fire and touched by Light, her mate twice over bound and born to Water. Plague and all it's hierarchical underpinnings are another thing to her entirely. And... it is freeing, in it's way, that his knowledge is only asked when it is truly deemed as needed. He is not required to sit in on all councils Tethys holds, is not even asked for advice when it comes to other Necromancers. He was hardly consulted when Myo and Eschar were taken in, was only consulted fleetingly when news of Ondine's heresy spread - and it is a dangerous heresy, that one, the idea of curing with a curse, what it could spell for the hierarchy and the castes. It is freeing, for it leaves him time to work and think. It is dangerous, for it leaves him time to work and think. "Master?" Pestilentia peers around the doorway, her serpents tangling around her neck and her horns. She is never seen without them, though more and more she has taken to leaving one with Aureus. It seems, after all, that the warping done to his mouth by his plague, the warping they could not undo, has left him well-suited to the snake speech that before only Pestilentia could replicate. Aureus, whom they cured. Whom they [i]neutralised.[/i] "Just thinking," he assures her, claws shaping over the votive of the Plaguebringer in his grip. "What we might do now." He hears her pace over without turning. Hears her sit at his back, her wings half-arced around them, tail swirled around his front. She is so much vaster than him it is easy for her to encompass him so, to become a shield from behind which he can work. "Anything," she says. "We have other avenues of study, now. We have learned what we did not know before. We can protect our clan better, now. We can learn other things that we might protect them even more securely." "And have you learn heresies, my darling?" His claws find the curve of the Plaguebringer's jaw etched on the tusk, follow to find her eyes. [i]Lady of Plague, let me [b]see.[/i][/b] "If we are capable of them, are they heresies?" It is not a challenge, how she says it, merely a question. "Eschar receives visions from She Herself and has never condemned Ondine's knowledge. If it is something we are capable of, is it not her will?" [i]What you are capable of, that you may do.[/i] One of the earliest commandments he was taught. "Yes," he says. "But the question is, if what will inevitably follow is her will too." "That some 'servi may seek freedom of the castes?" she asks. He can hear the smile in her voice, hear the hissing laughter of her serpents. "Master, we have [i]Necromancers[/i] who would be free of the castes. Viria is no more pleased with her success than I am my failure." And Aureus, the Ghoul they Neutralised, sought freedom too. Is permitted it within the castes, even. The very breaking of his caste to remake him another considered a challenge and sign of skill for the one who might enact it. And, if a 'servus can do what otherwise might only be expected of a Necromancer - if they too can break the castes as a Necromancer can by curing a Ghoul... It is a sign of skill, too. "I will learn with you," he decides, smoothing his thumb down the carved Plaguebringer jaw, finding the jagged shard of tusk left in place to nick his thumb. The blood wells up, following the carved line of his Lady's face. "They cannot condemn you for this heresy if you learned it at your Master's side." 'tia's head bows towards his, her whiskers soft against his head. He reaches up his hand, smears the blood from his thumb along her jaw. "Besides," he says, looking up at her. "You have served me too faithfully for me to permit any to call you heretic." [left][color=maroon]by EssayOfThoughts[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also mentioned: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=43978078][color=maroon]Pestilentia (Pleurisy's Servus)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=18504140][color=maroon]Tethys (ruler of the clan, fireborn but blessed by Light)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=47610862][color=maroon]Myo (Imperial Ghoul, serves the clan as a living library of disease)[/url] [url= https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=46388931][color=maroon]Eschar (Pearlcatcher Ghoul, dedicated to the Plaguebringer and receives prophetic visions)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=56910998][color=maroon]Viria (Viria the Runeblight, Arcaneborn Imperial Necromancer who never wanted to be a Necromancer)[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=54125332][color=maroon]Aureus (Neutralised Ghoul Pearlcatcher cured by Pleurisy and Pestilentia)[/url] [url= https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191160&tab=dragon&did=44519604][color=maroon]Ondine (heretical 'servus, granddaughter of Aerugosanguis, First Necromancer of the clan. Believes in curing with a curse - mutating diseases to provide cures for other infections)[/url] [/color]
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sixcrows @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @persist @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @princessfirefly @cosmicfalcon @delotha @artemisaeternity @myriadofstars @wyldangel @wolfandcrow @featherfalls @noxextractum @cigarettemutual @kalicokat @godofmesses
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT
Pleurisy has done many things in his life. He has studied. He has searched. He has attempted the Trials and passed with flying colours. With Pestilentia at his side they tended a clan with care and skill for years until they could no longer.

He still feels the sting of that failure.

Here, with this clan, under the rule of Tethys - and it is strange, sometimes, to find a dragon so assured of herself she only sometimes turns to her Necromancers for advice. What they give is respected, but she does not turn to them as readily as others he knows have. Then again, she is born to Fire and touched by Light, her mate twice over bound and born to Water. Plague and all it's hierarchical underpinnings are another thing to her entirely.

And... it is freeing, in it's way, that his knowledge is only asked when it is truly deemed as needed. He is not required to sit in on all councils Tethys holds, is not even asked for advice when it comes to other Necromancers. He was hardly consulted when Myo and Eschar were taken in, was only consulted fleetingly when news of Ondine's heresy spread - and it is a dangerous heresy, that one, the idea of curing with a curse, what it could spell for the hierarchy and the castes.

It is freeing, for it leaves him time to work and think.

It is dangerous, for it leaves him time to work and think.

"Master?" Pestilentia peers around the doorway, her serpents tangling around her neck and her horns. She is never seen without them, though more and more she has taken to leaving one with Aureus. It seems, after all, that the warping done to his mouth by his plague, the warping they could not undo, has left him well-suited to the snake speech that before only Pestilentia could replicate.

Aureus, whom they cured. Whom they neutralised.

"Just thinking," he assures her, claws shaping over the votive of the Plaguebringer in his grip. "What we might do now."

He hears her pace over without turning. Hears her sit at his back, her wings half-arced around them, tail swirled around his front. She is so much vaster than him it is easy for her to encompass him so, to become a shield from behind which he can work.

"Anything," she says. "We have other avenues of study, now. We have learned what we did not know before. We can protect our clan better, now. We can learn other things that we might protect them even more securely."

"And have you learn heresies, my darling?" His claws find the curve of the Plaguebringer's jaw etched on the tusk, follow to find her eyes. Lady of Plague, let me see.

"If we are capable of them, are they heresies?" It is not a challenge, how she says it, merely a question. "Eschar receives visions from She Herself and has never condemned Ondine's knowledge. If it is something we are capable of, is it not her will?"

What you are capable of, that you may do. One of the earliest commandments he was taught.

"Yes," he says. "But the question is, if what will inevitably follow is her will too."

"That some 'servi may seek freedom of the castes?" she asks. He can hear the smile in her voice, hear the hissing laughter of her serpents. "Master, we have Necromancers who would be free of the castes. Viria is no more pleased with her success than I am my failure."

And Aureus, the Ghoul they Neutralised, sought freedom too. Is permitted it within the castes, even. The very breaking of his caste to remake him another considered a challenge and sign of skill for the one who might enact it.

And, if a 'servus can do what otherwise might only be expected of a Necromancer - if they too can break the castes as a Necromancer can by curing a Ghoul...

It is a sign of skill, too.

"I will learn with you," he decides, smoothing his thumb down the carved Plaguebringer jaw, finding the jagged shard of tusk left in place to nick his thumb. The blood wells up, following the carved line of his Lady's face. "They cannot condemn you for this heresy if you learned it at your Master's side."

'tia's head bows towards his, her whiskers soft against his head. He reaches up his hand, smears the blood from his thumb along her jaw.

"Besides," he says, looking up at her. "You have served me too faithfully for me to permit any to call you heretic."

by EssayOfThoughts

Also mentioned:
Pestilentia (Pleurisy's Servus)
Tethys (ruler of the clan, fireborn but blessed by Light)
Myo (Imperial Ghoul, serves the clan as a living library of disease)
Eschar (Pearlcatcher Ghoul, dedicated to the Plaguebringer and receives prophetic visions)
Viria (Viria the Runeblight, Arcaneborn Imperial Necromancer who never wanted to be a Necromancer)
Aureus (Neutralised Ghoul Pearlcatcher cured by Pleurisy and Pestilentia)
Ondine (heretical 'servus, granddaughter of Aerugosanguis, First Necromancer of the clan. Believes in curing with a curse - mutating diseases to provide cures for other infections)

@Kava Figured Id see about getting two of my kids into the spotlight, Hemlock and Basque! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55520887] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555209/55520887_350.png[/img] [/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55945006] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559451/55945006_350.png[/img] [/url] I also wouldnt mind getting onto the general/art and lore pinglist, if thats all right ^^
@Kava

Figured Id see about getting two of my kids into the spotlight, Hemlock and Basque!

55520887_350.png

55945006_350.png

I also wouldnt mind getting onto the general/art and lore pinglist, if thats all right ^^
Cleaning up the dust...
@CinamonPizza
I added you to the art&lore pinglist and your dragons to the pool :D
@CinamonPizza
I added you to the art&lore pinglist and your dragons to the pool :D
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35