Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [bio resource] free lgbt+ icons
1 2 3 4 5
[center][quote name="ChloeDecker" date="2019-11-19 17:47:37" ] I love these! How do you add em into dragon bios? [/quote] @chloedecker - apologies for the late reply. just right click on the one you want, click 'copy image address' from the dropdown options, then paste that code inside the image brackets [img] [/img]. hope that helps c: [quote name="Orgetzu" date="2019-12-11 06:37:04" ] These are really great! I might have to remember to try to use a few. By any chance, are you still making new ones? If at all possible, I'd love it if you could do the Sappho lesbian flag. =) [/quote] @orgetzu - apologies as well for the late response. do you mean this one? i'd be happy to! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Lesbian_flag_Sappho_2.jpg[/img][/center]
ChloeDecker wrote on 2019-11-19 17:47:37:
I love these! How do you add em into dragon bios?

@chloedecker - apologies for the late reply. just right click on the one you want, click 'copy image address' from the dropdown options, then paste that code inside the image brackets [img][/img]. hope that helps c:

Orgetzu wrote on 2019-12-11 06:37:04:
These are really great! I might have to remember to try to use a few. By any chance, are you still making new ones? If at all possible, I'd love it if you could do the Sappho lesbian flag. =)

@orgetzu - apologies as well for the late response. do you mean this one? i'd be happy to!

Lesbian_flag_Sappho_2.jpg
Bone Fragments xxxx » ivy.
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx
[center][quote name="Amayai" date="2020-03-06 11:20:14" ] Sorry to necromance this thread but this is so cute! Could you please make one from the other Queer flag?[/quote] @amayai no worries! had been thinking about doing an update anyways c: your flag is on the front page! hope you like it. [quote name="KillerDragain" date="2020-03-06 13:01:46" ] you even added Straight :)[/quote] mostly so the spot where a pride flag would go in the single straight dragon i have's bio wouldn't be bare, haha. but i'm glad you are able to enjoy the icons as well c: [quote name="Orgetzu" date="2019-12-11 06:37:04" ] I'd love it if you could do the Sappho lesbian flag. =)[/quote] @orgetzu apologies for two pings in a short time. your request has been added to the front page. hope you enjoy![/center]
Amayai wrote on 2020-03-06 11:20:14:
Sorry to necromance this thread but this is so cute! Could you please make one from the other Queer flag?

@amayai no worries! had been thinking about doing an update anyways c:
your flag is on the front page! hope you like it.

KillerDragain wrote on 2020-03-06 13:01:46:
you even added Straight :)

mostly so the spot where a pride flag would go in the single straight dragon i have's bio wouldn't be bare, haha. but i'm glad you are able to enjoy the icons as well c:

Orgetzu wrote on 2019-12-11 06:37:04:
I'd love it if you could do the Sappho lesbian flag. =)

@orgetzu apologies for two pings in a short time. your request has been added to the front page. hope you enjoy!
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx
@mildlyanxiousdoe tysmmmm
@mildlyanxiousdoe tysmmmm
Thank you! It's very good. Now to remember to use these.
Thank you! It's very good. Now to remember to use these.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
@mildlyanxiousdoe Thank you!! [emoji=mirror love size=1]
@mildlyanxiousdoe Thank you!!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
If not already requests if may can there be a agender one? ;u;
If not already requests if may can there be a agender one? ;u;
OwPl6Om.pngWfKQ8Rz.png
@insanelycan

just made one for you! will add it up in a second. c:
@insanelycan

just made one for you! will add it up in a second. c:
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx
Hello! I have some quick questions if that's ok ^-^

I am trying to learn more about the different ones

What is "sapphic/wlw" and "achillean/mlm" mean?

I see people say "Queer" a lot but no one has bothered to explain what that is when I ask thus for a year I haven't known Same with "GenderQueer"

What is xenogender. Is that like Non-Bi? or is it different?

finnaly wat is "sappho lesbian" is it diffent from normal lesbian?
Hello! I have some quick questions if that's ok ^-^

I am trying to learn more about the different ones

What is "sapphic/wlw" and "achillean/mlm" mean?

I see people say "Queer" a lot but no one has bothered to explain what that is when I ask thus for a year I haven't known Same with "GenderQueer"

What is xenogender. Is that like Non-Bi? or is it different?

finnaly wat is "sappho lesbian" is it diffent from normal lesbian?
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
@GhostQueen13 (I hope Doe doesn't mind me barging in, I saw it because I'm subbed to the thread), I'll explain what I know but do make sure you ask someone who actually is one of these when you see them!

Sapphic/wlw (women loving women) is a reference to sappho, a female greek philosopher from the island of lesbos (where the word lesbian comes from) who wrote poems about how beautiful women were. I guess some people just prefer to use sapphic in place for lesbian, but I don't know of any actual difference.

Acchilean/mlm (men loving men) is actually one I didn't know about, but I can gather it's just a variation of the sapphic flag for gay men referencing acchiles. Will definitely look it up though!

The Sappho Lesbian flag is also just a variation from the lesbian flag (like the lipstick lesbian, the full pink shades and the orange pink). If I remember correctly there's people who prefer this flag because of the story behind the other ones and/or the meaning of the colors.

As for queer, the original meaning of the word is "weird". It came to be as a sort of insult for people who deviated from the norm, used quite some time ago for anyone LGBTQI+. The movement took that word and used it with pride, like (yeah I'm queer, so what?) and the word became an umbrella term for LGBT+ folks. If you don't think you fit in any category, or just don't wanna put yourself into a box, but you know you're not exactly straight/cisgender/etc, you can define yourself as queer!

Genderqueer, too, is a way some people who feel that they aren't cisgender can define themselves without specifying what, exactly, their gender is. Maybe they don't want to fit in a gender box or just vary a lot, there's many reasons.

Finally, xenogender is someone who doesn't want to be defined by any genders or anything in the gender spectrum. Like they're their own kind of gender.

I hope this helps! If anyone else wants to correct me feel free to!
@GhostQueen13 (I hope Doe doesn't mind me barging in, I saw it because I'm subbed to the thread), I'll explain what I know but do make sure you ask someone who actually is one of these when you see them!

Sapphic/wlw (women loving women) is a reference to sappho, a female greek philosopher from the island of lesbos (where the word lesbian comes from) who wrote poems about how beautiful women were. I guess some people just prefer to use sapphic in place for lesbian, but I don't know of any actual difference.

Acchilean/mlm (men loving men) is actually one I didn't know about, but I can gather it's just a variation of the sapphic flag for gay men referencing acchiles. Will definitely look it up though!

The Sappho Lesbian flag is also just a variation from the lesbian flag (like the lipstick lesbian, the full pink shades and the orange pink). If I remember correctly there's people who prefer this flag because of the story behind the other ones and/or the meaning of the colors.

As for queer, the original meaning of the word is "weird". It came to be as a sort of insult for people who deviated from the norm, used quite some time ago for anyone LGBTQI+. The movement took that word and used it with pride, like (yeah I'm queer, so what?) and the word became an umbrella term for LGBT+ folks. If you don't think you fit in any category, or just don't wanna put yourself into a box, but you know you're not exactly straight/cisgender/etc, you can define yourself as queer!

Genderqueer, too, is a way some people who feel that they aren't cisgender can define themselves without specifying what, exactly, their gender is. Maybe they don't want to fit in a gender box or just vary a lot, there's many reasons.

Finally, xenogender is someone who doesn't want to be defined by any genders or anything in the gender spectrum. Like they're their own kind of gender.

I hope this helps! If anyone else wants to correct me feel free to!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@amayai @ghostqueen13

no worries! i typed out a rather long response last night and clicked send just as fr went down for maintenance and i lost it, haha.

if i may elaborate, sapphic is a term any women (or nb person) who loves women (bi, lesbian, pan etc) can use to describe their sexuality. it basically just centres around not being a dude, and loving women! doesn't matter if you're also attracted to other genders.

and it's a similar deal with achillean. any man or nb person who loves men can use it, regardless of their attraction to other genders.

other than that amayai covered everything else pretty nicely. c:
if you have any other questions on this topic ghostqueen13 feel free to pm me!
@amayai @ghostqueen13

no worries! i typed out a rather long response last night and clicked send just as fr went down for maintenance and i lost it, haha.

if i may elaborate, sapphic is a term any women (or nb person) who loves women (bi, lesbian, pan etc) can use to describe their sexuality. it basically just centres around not being a dude, and loving women! doesn't matter if you're also attracted to other genders.

and it's a similar deal with achillean. any man or nb person who loves men can use it, regardless of their attraction to other genders.

other than that amayai covered everything else pretty nicely. c:
if you have any other questions on this topic ghostqueen13 feel free to pm me!
» they/them
» adult
» fr time +17
xxxxxx
1 2 3 4 5