Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 100 Scenes Challenge: FR Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Navigation: Introduction | Rules | Set Prompts | Flexible Prompts | List of Participants | Document

100 Scenes Challenge: FR Edition

Hello! Welcome to the 100 Scenes Challenge: FR Edition! I'm Gale, and I decided to write these prompts to try to further my lore, but then decided to share these with you all! If you are already familiar with this challenge, and wish to participate using my prompts, please ping me (@Windstrike) and link me to your thread~!

But if you haven't heard of this challenge, you may be wondering... what in the Eleven's names is this about?

Well, the 100 Scenes Challenge is a challenge to write responses to 100 scenes, or prompts, in order to help people develop their writing skills. I've modified this goal to fit FR by changing the topics to fit dragons and to help people write lore. I've split this down to 50 set prompts and 50 flexible prompts. Each group has its own explanation in its respective posts, so please navigate down to the post(s) to learn about them. These posts also contain the actual prompts that belong in each category.

If anyone has questions, concerns, comments, etc. to tell me, please ping in this thread~ Also, the google document with all of the information on one sheet is linked above on the navigation part for easier reference.

Without further ado, I present to you the rules of this challenge, on the next post!
Navigation: Introduction | Rules | Set Prompts | Flexible Prompts | List of Participants | Document

100 Scenes Challenge: FR Edition

Hello! Welcome to the 100 Scenes Challenge: FR Edition! I'm Gale, and I decided to write these prompts to try to further my lore, but then decided to share these with you all! If you are already familiar with this challenge, and wish to participate using my prompts, please ping me (@Windstrike) and link me to your thread~!

But if you haven't heard of this challenge, you may be wondering... what in the Eleven's names is this about?

Well, the 100 Scenes Challenge is a challenge to write responses to 100 scenes, or prompts, in order to help people develop their writing skills. I've modified this goal to fit FR by changing the topics to fit dragons and to help people write lore. I've split this down to 50 set prompts and 50 flexible prompts. Each group has its own explanation in its respective posts, so please navigate down to the post(s) to learn about them. These posts also contain the actual prompts that belong in each category.

If anyone has questions, concerns, comments, etc. to tell me, please ping in this thread~ Also, the google document with all of the information on one sheet is linked above on the navigation part for easier reference.

Without further ado, I present to you the rules of this challenge, on the next post!
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her

Rules

- All Flight Rising rules apply.
- This is a voluntary challenge: if you can't complete all 100, that's okay! This thread is geared toward helping people further lore. the "challenge" portion is me challenging you all to write. This is NOT a competition.
- You must write one prompt per post/response.
- The word length must be at least 500 words for it to count for this challenge. Showing word count per post is a requirement.
- All posts must be about Flight Rising dragons and/or your clan, depending on the prompt.
- Have fun! Stick to the Set Prompt / Flexible Prompt rules and you should be all set!

Rules

- All Flight Rising rules apply.
- This is a voluntary challenge: if you can't complete all 100, that's okay! This thread is geared toward helping people further lore. the "challenge" portion is me challenging you all to write. This is NOT a competition.
- You must write one prompt per post/response.
- The word length must be at least 500 words for it to count for this challenge. Showing word count per post is a requirement.
- All posts must be about Flight Rising dragons and/or your clan, depending on the prompt.
- Have fun! Stick to the Set Prompt / Flexible Prompt rules and you should be all set!
Gale

Set Prompts

The set prompts are a group of prompts that given situation that you must write about. For example, if a prompt is “describe the time when your clan leader(s) decided to found your clan”, then you can write about your clan’s origins. They should be simple, easy to understand, but if something seems confusing at all, please let me know! There are 50 prompts in this set.

1. Describe a dragon’s reaction to getting rejected.
2. Describe your leader(s) messing up, big time.
3. Describe your dragons’ reaction to a natural disaster that happens on or near your clan’s territory.
4. Describe a hatchling’s escapades on a regular day in your clan.
5. Describe your leader’s (one of them, if multiple) least favorite task.
6. Describe how your clan was founded.
7. Describe how a dragon in your clan would react to a sudden thundershower that passes through your area.
8. Describe the most secret or inaccessible place in your clan’s territory, and tell why it became so secret or inaccessible.
9. Describe how a dragon would react to a beautiful sunset.
10. Describe a dragon’s favorite pastime or hobby.
11. Describe a place that everyone knows about, but a dragon thinks that only they know about that place.
12. Describe the most beautiful/scenic/peaceful part of your clan’s territory.
13. Describe a common negative trait among your dragons.
14. Describe the time a dragon got lost after leaving your clan’s territory for whatever reason (please describe the reason why they left as well).
15. Describe an odd quirk of one of your dragons.
16. Describe the journey a dragon took to reach your clan to join it.
17. Describe the time a merchant from another clan came by to sell goods from their clan. How does that go?
18. Describe the first time a shaman/healer/doctor in your clan failed to save a patient.
19. Describe the first time a dragon joined your clan after it was founded by your clan’s founder(s)/leader(s).
20. Describe the daily routine of one of your dragons.
21. Describe the time when two of your dragons got into a fight.
22. Describe the one thing that your clan’s leader(s) hate the most.
23. Describe the one thing that a dragon (other than leader(s)) hates the most.
24. Describe an item that a dragon feels attached to when they feel lonely, sad, or scared.
25. Describe a favorite game that a dragon plays when they are bored.
26. Describe the time when a Beastclan tribe is spotted on your clan’s territory.
27. Describe how your dragons would react when a Beastclan tribe member comes to your clan holding a white flag of truce.
28. Describe the time when the two most unlikely dragons fall in love.
29. Describe how a dragon will react to being misunderstood and shunned by the rest of the clan.
30. Describe how a dragon will react to being framed for robbery.
31. Describe how a dragon will react to being asked to a dance.
32. Describe the first memories that a dragon has of the clan.
33. Describe how exaltation of dragons works in your clan.
34. Describe a time when a dragon didn’t get along with another dragon for seemingly no reason.
35. Describe the first time your clan had interaction with a neighboring clan.
36. Describe how a dragon reacts to becoming a full-fledged adult, and how they feel about this sudden revelation.
37. Describe a typical day of a teenage dragon in your clan.
38. Describe the time a dragon broke the rules on purpose.
39. Describe how rulebreakers are handled in your clan.
40. Describe the first time a young dragon has encountered snow for the first time in your clan.
41. Describe how the clan deals with the dead (funeral rites, honoring the dead or lack thereof, etc.).
42. Describe your clan’s structure and how it is organized.
43. Describe how a dragon will react to becoming the leader of the clan for a day (please describe how such a situation would happen as well).
44. Describe how a dragon will react to becoming the foster parent to a group of lost hatchlings.
45. Describe how your clan perceives unhatched eggs and first generation dragons as.
46. Describe a typical day for your Coliseum trainer(s).
47. Describe how a dragon reacts to being accused of treason.
48. Describe how a dragon reacts to being mistaken for your clan’s leader (one of them, if multiple) by the ambassador of another clan.
49. Describe the first time a Coliseum trainer/warrior dragon picked up their weapon(s).
50. Describe a job/occupation/position in your clan that other dragons in other clans would find weird/odd.

Set Prompts

The set prompts are a group of prompts that given situation that you must write about. For example, if a prompt is “describe the time when your clan leader(s) decided to found your clan”, then you can write about your clan’s origins. They should be simple, easy to understand, but if something seems confusing at all, please let me know! There are 50 prompts in this set.

1. Describe a dragon’s reaction to getting rejected.
2. Describe your leader(s) messing up, big time.
3. Describe your dragons’ reaction to a natural disaster that happens on or near your clan’s territory.
4. Describe a hatchling’s escapades on a regular day in your clan.
5. Describe your leader’s (one of them, if multiple) least favorite task.
6. Describe how your clan was founded.
7. Describe how a dragon in your clan would react to a sudden thundershower that passes through your area.
8. Describe the most secret or inaccessible place in your clan’s territory, and tell why it became so secret or inaccessible.
9. Describe how a dragon would react to a beautiful sunset.
10. Describe a dragon’s favorite pastime or hobby.
11. Describe a place that everyone knows about, but a dragon thinks that only they know about that place.
12. Describe the most beautiful/scenic/peaceful part of your clan’s territory.
13. Describe a common negative trait among your dragons.
14. Describe the time a dragon got lost after leaving your clan’s territory for whatever reason (please describe the reason why they left as well).
15. Describe an odd quirk of one of your dragons.
16. Describe the journey a dragon took to reach your clan to join it.
17. Describe the time a merchant from another clan came by to sell goods from their clan. How does that go?
18. Describe the first time a shaman/healer/doctor in your clan failed to save a patient.
19. Describe the first time a dragon joined your clan after it was founded by your clan’s founder(s)/leader(s).
20. Describe the daily routine of one of your dragons.
21. Describe the time when two of your dragons got into a fight.
22. Describe the one thing that your clan’s leader(s) hate the most.
23. Describe the one thing that a dragon (other than leader(s)) hates the most.
24. Describe an item that a dragon feels attached to when they feel lonely, sad, or scared.
25. Describe a favorite game that a dragon plays when they are bored.
26. Describe the time when a Beastclan tribe is spotted on your clan’s territory.
27. Describe how your dragons would react when a Beastclan tribe member comes to your clan holding a white flag of truce.
28. Describe the time when the two most unlikely dragons fall in love.
29. Describe how a dragon will react to being misunderstood and shunned by the rest of the clan.
30. Describe how a dragon will react to being framed for robbery.
31. Describe how a dragon will react to being asked to a dance.
32. Describe the first memories that a dragon has of the clan.
33. Describe how exaltation of dragons works in your clan.
34. Describe a time when a dragon didn’t get along with another dragon for seemingly no reason.
35. Describe the first time your clan had interaction with a neighboring clan.
36. Describe how a dragon reacts to becoming a full-fledged adult, and how they feel about this sudden revelation.
37. Describe a typical day of a teenage dragon in your clan.
38. Describe the time a dragon broke the rules on purpose.
39. Describe how rulebreakers are handled in your clan.
40. Describe the first time a young dragon has encountered snow for the first time in your clan.
41. Describe how the clan deals with the dead (funeral rites, honoring the dead or lack thereof, etc.).
42. Describe your clan’s structure and how it is organized.
43. Describe how a dragon will react to becoming the leader of the clan for a day (please describe how such a situation would happen as well).
44. Describe how a dragon will react to becoming the foster parent to a group of lost hatchlings.
45. Describe how your clan perceives unhatched eggs and first generation dragons as.
46. Describe a typical day for your Coliseum trainer(s).
47. Describe how a dragon reacts to being accused of treason.
48. Describe how a dragon reacts to being mistaken for your clan’s leader (one of them, if multiple) by the ambassador of another clan.
49. Describe the first time a Coliseum trainer/warrior dragon picked up their weapon(s).
50. Describe a job/occupation/position in your clan that other dragons in other clans would find weird/odd.
Gale

Flexible Prompts

Flexible prompts are simple quotes and are to be used to inspire a certain situation. The quotes don’t have to be used in the response; if the quote “Stop iiiiit!” inspires you to write a scene where hatchlings are going crazy and a nursery caretaker loses control, then do that- GO WILD! As long as it is acceptable in FR’s standards, then go for it!

51. “Let me go!”
52. “Goodnight, my sweet prince.”
53. “I hope the dawn never comes.”
54. “Get off of him!”
55. “Wait… what did you say?”
56. “No. Just. No.”
57. “Why are we doing this again?”
58. “Where are we going?”
59. “Please, let me explain.”
60. “Oh, I’m ___.”
61. “Well…”
62. “Are you the ___?”
63. “I’m fine.”
64. “You’re about twenty seconds too late.”
65. “Yes, I’m…”
66. “No, not that way.”
67. “They are gone! All of them!”
68. “I’m not a good dragon.”
69. “Please. This is an art form.”
70. “I will always be your friend.”
71. “Rules are there to be broken!”
72. “Freeeeeeeedom!”
73. “For the Eleven’s sake…”
74. “Death to ___!”
75. “There were these dragons, and they…”
76. “Why, thank you so much!”
77. “This makes no sense whatsoever.”
78. “When are you going?”
79. “Never insult them again!”
80. “I need your help.”
81. “What I did was in the name of peace.”
82. “What a beautiful morning!”
83. “Thanks, Arcanist!”
84. “I loved you, but now I’m not so sure.”
85. “Sure, sure, and harpies have fish tails.”
86. “Well, what are we waiting for?”
87. “Love is an open door.”
88. “Run. Just run.”
89. “I can’t hold on!”
90. “Is there any other way to handle this?”
91. “They won’t ever see this coming.”
92. “Brace yourselves. ___ is coming.”
93. “One does not simply walk past me without saying ___.”
94. “What if…”
95. “What am I doing here?”
96. “Not my ___, you [censored]!” {please note, no swear words allowed, please keep the [censored]}
97. “Take it from me!”
98. “Easy peasy.”
99. “Just the icing on the cake.”
100. “Whoa.”

Flexible Prompts

Flexible prompts are simple quotes and are to be used to inspire a certain situation. The quotes don’t have to be used in the response; if the quote “Stop iiiiit!” inspires you to write a scene where hatchlings are going crazy and a nursery caretaker loses control, then do that- GO WILD! As long as it is acceptable in FR’s standards, then go for it!

51. “Let me go!”
52. “Goodnight, my sweet prince.”
53. “I hope the dawn never comes.”
54. “Get off of him!”
55. “Wait… what did you say?”
56. “No. Just. No.”
57. “Why are we doing this again?”
58. “Where are we going?”
59. “Please, let me explain.”
60. “Oh, I’m ___.”
61. “Well…”
62. “Are you the ___?”
63. “I’m fine.”
64. “You’re about twenty seconds too late.”
65. “Yes, I’m…”
66. “No, not that way.”
67. “They are gone! All of them!”
68. “I’m not a good dragon.”
69. “Please. This is an art form.”
70. “I will always be your friend.”
71. “Rules are there to be broken!”
72. “Freeeeeeeedom!”
73. “For the Eleven’s sake…”
74. “Death to ___!”
75. “There were these dragons, and they…”
76. “Why, thank you so much!”
77. “This makes no sense whatsoever.”
78. “When are you going?”
79. “Never insult them again!”
80. “I need your help.”
81. “What I did was in the name of peace.”
82. “What a beautiful morning!”
83. “Thanks, Arcanist!”
84. “I loved you, but now I’m not so sure.”
85. “Sure, sure, and harpies have fish tails.”
86. “Well, what are we waiting for?”
87. “Love is an open door.”
88. “Run. Just run.”
89. “I can’t hold on!”
90. “Is there any other way to handle this?”
91. “They won’t ever see this coming.”
92. “Brace yourselves. ___ is coming.”
93. “One does not simply walk past me without saying ___.”
94. “What if…”
95. “What am I doing here?”
96. “Not my ___, you [censored]!” {please note, no swear words allowed, please keep the [censored]}
97. “Take it from me!”
98. “Easy peasy.”
99. “Just the icing on the cake.”
100. “Whoa.”
Gale

List of Participants

Windstrike - link
Nightlilac - link
GardenOfRoses - link
Kivovis - link
PuffyRuffy - link
riseandshine - link
Ethiera - link
Cotera - link
TSwimmy - link

List of Participants

Windstrike - link
Nightlilac - link
GardenOfRoses - link
Kivovis - link
PuffyRuffy - link
riseandshine - link
Ethiera - link
Cotera - link
TSwimmy - link
Gale
And open! I'm about to go make myself a thread for this XD
And open! I'm about to go make myself a thread for this XD
Gale
@windstrike

Me me me!

[Honks]
@windstrike

Me me me!

[Honks]
tumblr_omgwxtlDCy1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.pngbEvLAND.png100.gif
@Nebulacloud

Give me a thread link then please XD
@Nebulacloud

Give me a thread link then please XD
Gale
@Windstrike

Hey! So excited about this! Starting the challenge here! I'll be posting my first one later tonight~
@Windstrike

Hey! So excited about this! Starting the challenge here! I'll be posting my first one later tonight~
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
@Nightlilac

Added! Good luck ♥
@Nightlilac

Added! Good luck ♥
Gale
1 2 3 4 5