Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] The Maidens of Miresa
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@Avani Aw gosh, all that for little ol' me? You're too kind! :D

But seriously, I'm super glad my comment inspired you to keep writing! I'm excited to see what you come up with!
@Avani Aw gosh, all that for little ol' me? You're too kind! :D

But seriously, I'm super glad my comment inspired you to keep writing! I'm excited to see what you come up with!
My secret? I'm actually three bobcats in a clever costume.
[center][font=cambria][img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8qY36RG/Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png[/img] [size=5]Chapter III: The Sea[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4]In all of my life on this island, there was always a sadness that had gripped me. Sometimes, I could hear Miresa calling out for me – but I know its tricks now, and its whispers no longer deceive me. Although Miresa has become a paradise for most, some still seek comfort amongst the darkness. Jane has started to distance herself from me, and I fear that Miresa’s whispers are calling to her now. I can’t help but feel as though the island is beginning to fight back, in more ways than one. Tonight, is the lantern memorial. I hope that my song reaches my stars, and they help guide me the right way. The winds have changed, and my spirit is draining once again. I hope that Jane comes tonight, so I can tell her the truth about Miresa. Her loyalty deserves the truth, and with her lurking around I feel as though I’m at fault for her unease. Hopefully, this will help her understand my actions and keep her in my watch. - Year 426, Month of the Tidelord[/font][/size] [font=cambria][size=5]Year 124, Month of the Tidelord[/size] [size=4]Eurielle took the lantern in her left hand and held it close to her mouth. With a whisper, she sang a sad song, and with that, the lantern lit. She outstretched her hand, offering the lantern to the wind. It flew. As Eurielle watched the lantern take off, she looked down below at the beach, where slowly, the water lit with speckles of light. She saw her family walk along the beach, lighting lanterns, singing their own sad songs. Watching the wind take their lanterns, too. The sky was littered with light, and Eurielle watched as her own lantern was lost among the masses. She sighed slowly, closing her eyes again. Her heart ached. She looked to her side as the girl before whispered her own song and let the wind take her glowing lantern. The girl watched her lantern join the others, and a relieving set of tears rolled down the girl’s face. Eurielle’s gaze softened. “Thank you, Euthalia,” Eurielle said. The girl didn’t turn her gaze from her lantern, but nodded. Eurielle turned and walked away from the lanterns, from Euthalia, from the hundreds of others on the beach below. [center][font=cambria][size=4]This is Miresa. This is the world without Ethereal. _____________________________________[/center] [font=cambria][size=5]Year 865, Month of the Tidelord[/size] [size=4]The sky was beginning to turn into a beautiful sunset for the night. Eurielle hugged herself close, as the winds were wilder from where she sat watch over Valor’s coastline: on the rooftop of the Ethereal Palace. As the minutes dragged on, she watched more and more maidens flock towards the beach and onto the docks below her. She watched as they joined up with their peers, wondering what they were all talking about. For the first time in a long time, Eurielle yearned to join them. She looked up at the clouds, and the sky that gathered around them. The salty breath from the sea was a calming aroma that Eurielle was probably addicted to by now. She hugged the thin blanket around her and stiffened as she heard the sound of the roof hatch clicking. “Euthalia, if you would please just leave me for this night…” Eurielle turned and saw who was standing there, half poking out from the opening. She felt her heart stop for a moment, before a sadness began to creep into her. “Iri,” she choked out, cleared her throat. “I’m sorry, I was expecting Euthalia to chase after me, as she does…” Iri gave a pitiful smile, “well, actually, Euthalia told me to see you tonight…” She ran a hand over her head awkwardly and looked at Eurielle with uncertainty. Eurielle cocked an eyebrow upwards and let out a sigh. Euthalia had been urging Eurielle lately to spend time with Iri, to encourage her training – or lack thereof. Iri was proving to be a very clumsy and slow-learning individual when it came to the training she was receiving. While Angel and Raven have dramatically strengthened with the activity training they have been going through, Iri is falling behind. Eurielle looked down below at the maidens and then back at Iri. Her auburn hair was in a full braid tonight, adorned in flowers. She was wearing a dress that reminded Eurielle of hers a long time ago – before Miresa. She patted the spot next to her on the roof, and Iri’s eyes brightened up instantly as she climbed up and crawled next to Eurielle. She had been staying at the Ethereal Palace with Angel and Raven since they had started training, but Iri hadn’t interacted at all with Eurielle since the day Eurielle decided to make them Watchers. As the wind hit Iri’s face, she closed her eyes and took in the smell of the sea. The soothing sounds of the waves below and the waterfalls roaring from Valor’s cliffs couldn’t help Iri’s heart from thumping as the two sat side-by-side, just barely touching. Iri could feel her face getting hotter, but tried to remain calm. Looking down at Valor’s beach, Iri saw maidens preparing their unlit lanterns. “Do you participate in the festival?” Eurielle watched Iri’s face and smiled softly as she watched the young maiden admire the coast from this secret spot of hers. Iri shook her head, but her smile turned into a frown, “No, but Angel always did, so me and Raven would go with her and watch. But this view is amazing… Where is your lantern?” Iri leaned in front of Eurielle, trying to peak on her other side, and there she saw it. It was a typical floating lantern that every other maiden on Miresa had for this memorial, but the ink on the paper was just random dots splattered on it. Iri felt a little disappointed in its simplicity, and her confusion reached Eurielle as she laughed and grabbed the lantern from beside her. She held it towards Iri, who took it in her hands. Eurielle pointed to a dot in the center that had a ring around it. “This is Ethereal, my…” Her lips trembled a little as she felt the sadness growing in her, “star.” Iri looked at Eurielle, who held a strong face. Ethereal… like the Ethereal Palace. She had never considered what Eurielle had left behind so long ago or maybe what she could never go back to. Unlike Iri, who has spent five years on Miresa, Eurielle has lived eight hundred and sixty more than her here. The reality of it finally hit Iri as she looked back down at the maidens on the beach. The dark sky was beginning to flow in as the full moon began to appear, and the sun was slowly slinking down to the sea’s horizon once again. Eurielle and Iri leaned into one another, but neither spoke another word until it was time for the memorial to start. In the distance, echoes of the Great Horn in Midas sounded, telling maidens across the island that the memorial has started. Eurielle grabbed her lantern back from Iri gently. She leaned into it, her lips gently kissing it as she whispered a song Iri couldn’t hear coherently. The lantern’s ink turned from its intense black designs into shining light – the dots now appearing more fittingly as stars, beaming brilliantly from the paper. Iri watched as Eurielle reached her arm out, and softly waved her hand, and the glowing lantern flew. The wind grabbed it gently and Iri watched as it sparkled above. She began to see the glow from the beach start. Lanterns were being lit everywhere amongst the beach, the cliffside, and eventually, Iri could see the distant lanterns beginning to take to the sky from Kani, too. Every now and then, Iri would want to take a quick peak at Eurielle by her side, but she could hear the soft sniffles and see the shimmering of tears down her face, and she knew that her shining star she had admired for so long actually burned out a long time ago. That night, Eurielle left quietly after the lanterns finally faded away, but Iri decided to stay on the roof for a little longer. As she said her goodnight to her matriarch, she looked back up at the sky, now painted with its own stars. She pleaded to them silently, hoping for guidance. But as she opened her eyes and watched the sky silently go on, Iri knew that she could only seek solace once Eurielle’s walls came down for her, in her own time. Iri stood up, stretching as she took one last look at the sea of stars above, and the scattered reflection of them atop the water’s surface. She opened up the roof hatch, and climbed down. Before closing the door, Iri smiled up at the night sky. “Goodnight, Ethereal,” Iri said quietly. _____________________________________ Thanks for reading! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/10#post_42121299][color=#00b3cf]Previous Chapter[/color][/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/11#post_44529047][color=#00b3cf]Next Chapter[/color][/url] @Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis @metalica @QueenMyrrah @MistRunner @imhavingastroke ahh it's here! sorry for being so inactive. as with many people right now, my life has been in a little jostle for the past couple of months but I should be picking up the pace now on this story. [s]also 100 posts is that something to feel proud of because heck yeah I am[/s]
Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png
Chapter III: The Sea

In all of my life on this island, there was always a sadness that had gripped me. Sometimes, I could hear Miresa calling out for me – but I know its tricks now, and its whispers no longer deceive me. Although Miresa has become a paradise for most, some still seek comfort amongst the darkness. Jane has started to distance herself from me, and I fear that Miresa’s whispers are calling to her now. I can’t help but feel as though the island is beginning to fight back, in more ways than one.

Tonight, is the lantern memorial. I hope that my song reaches my stars, and they help guide me the right way. The winds have changed, and my spirit is draining once again. I hope that Jane comes tonight, so I can tell her the truth about Miresa. Her loyalty deserves the truth, and with her lurking around I feel as though I’m at fault for her unease. Hopefully, this will help her understand my actions and keep her in my watch.

- Year 426, Month of the Tidelord

Year 124, Month of the Tidelord

Eurielle took the lantern in her left hand and held it close to her mouth. With a whisper, she sang a sad song, and with that, the lantern lit. She outstretched her hand, offering the lantern to the wind. It flew. As Eurielle watched the lantern take off, she looked down below at the beach, where slowly, the water lit with speckles of light. She saw her family walk along the beach, lighting lanterns, singing their own sad songs. Watching the wind take their lanterns, too.

The sky was littered with light, and Eurielle watched as her own lantern was lost among the masses. She sighed slowly, closing her eyes again. Her heart ached. She looked to her side as the girl before whispered her own song and let the wind take her glowing lantern. The girl watched her lantern join the others, and a relieving set of tears rolled down the girl’s face. Eurielle’s gaze softened.

“Thank you, Euthalia,” Eurielle said. The girl didn’t turn her gaze from her lantern, but nodded. Eurielle turned and walked away from the lanterns, from Euthalia, from the hundreds of others on the beach below.

This is Miresa.
This is the world without Ethereal.

Year 865, Month of the Tidelord

The sky was beginning to turn into a beautiful sunset for the night. Eurielle hugged herself close, as the winds were wilder from where she sat watch over Valor’s coastline: on the rooftop of the Ethereal Palace. As the minutes dragged on, she watched more and more maidens flock towards the beach and onto the docks below her. She watched as they joined up with their peers, wondering what they were all talking about. For the first time in a long time, Eurielle yearned to join them.

She looked up at the clouds, and the sky that gathered around them. The salty breath from the sea was a calming aroma that Eurielle was probably addicted to by now. She hugged the thin blanket around her and stiffened as she heard the sound of the roof hatch clicking.

“Euthalia, if you would please just leave me for this night…” Eurielle turned and saw who was standing there, half poking out from the opening. She felt her heart stop for a moment, before a sadness began to creep into her. “Iri,” she choked out, cleared her throat. “I’m sorry, I was expecting Euthalia to chase after me, as she does…”

Iri gave a pitiful smile, “well, actually, Euthalia told me to see you tonight…” She ran a hand over her head awkwardly and looked at Eurielle with uncertainty. Eurielle cocked an eyebrow upwards and let out a sigh. Euthalia had been urging Eurielle lately to spend time with Iri, to encourage her training – or lack thereof. Iri was proving to be a very clumsy and slow-learning individual when it came to the training she was receiving. While Angel and Raven have dramatically strengthened with the activity training they have been going through, Iri is falling behind.

Eurielle looked down below at the maidens and then back at Iri. Her auburn hair was in a full braid tonight, adorned in flowers. She was wearing a dress that reminded Eurielle of hers a long time ago – before Miresa. She patted the spot next to her on the roof, and Iri’s eyes brightened up instantly as she climbed up and crawled next to Eurielle. She had been staying at the Ethereal Palace with Angel and Raven since they had started training, but Iri hadn’t interacted at all with Eurielle since the day Eurielle decided to make them Watchers.

As the wind hit Iri’s face, she closed her eyes and took in the smell of the sea. The soothing sounds of the waves below and the waterfalls roaring from Valor’s cliffs couldn’t help Iri’s heart from thumping as the two sat side-by-side, just barely touching. Iri could feel her face getting hotter, but tried to remain calm. Looking down at Valor’s beach, Iri saw maidens preparing their unlit lanterns.

“Do you participate in the festival?” Eurielle watched Iri’s face and smiled softly as she watched the young maiden admire the coast from this secret spot of hers. Iri shook her head, but her smile turned into a frown, “No, but Angel always did, so me and Raven would go with her and watch. But this view is amazing… Where is your lantern?” Iri leaned in front of Eurielle, trying to peak on her other side, and there she saw it.

It was a typical floating lantern that every other maiden on Miresa had for this memorial, but the ink on the paper was just random dots splattered on it. Iri felt a little disappointed in its simplicity, and her confusion reached Eurielle as she laughed and grabbed the lantern from beside her. She held it towards Iri, who took it in her hands. Eurielle pointed to a dot in the center that had a ring around it. “This is Ethereal, my…” Her lips trembled a little as she felt the sadness growing in her, “star.”

Iri looked at Eurielle, who held a strong face. Ethereal… like the Ethereal Palace. She had never considered what Eurielle had left behind so long ago or maybe what she could never go back to. Unlike Iri, who has spent five years on Miresa, Eurielle has lived eight hundred and sixty more than her here. The reality of it finally hit Iri as she looked back down at the maidens on the beach.

The dark sky was beginning to flow in as the full moon began to appear, and the sun was slowly slinking down to the sea’s horizon once again. Eurielle and Iri leaned into one another, but neither spoke another word until it was time for the memorial to start. In the distance, echoes of the Great Horn in Midas sounded, telling maidens across the island that the memorial has started. Eurielle grabbed her lantern back from Iri gently. She leaned into it, her lips gently kissing it as she whispered a song Iri couldn’t hear coherently.

The lantern’s ink turned from its intense black designs into shining light – the dots now appearing more fittingly as stars, beaming brilliantly from the paper. Iri watched as Eurielle reached her arm out, and softly waved her hand, and the glowing lantern flew. The wind grabbed it gently and Iri watched as it sparkled above. She began to see the glow from the beach start.

Lanterns were being lit everywhere amongst the beach, the cliffside, and eventually, Iri could see the distant lanterns beginning to take to the sky from Kani, too. Every now and then, Iri would want to take a quick peak at Eurielle by her side, but she could hear the soft sniffles and see the shimmering of tears down her face, and she knew that her shining star she had admired for so long actually burned out a long time ago.

That night, Eurielle left quietly after the lanterns finally faded away, but Iri decided to stay on the roof for a little longer. As she said her goodnight to her matriarch, she looked back up at the sky, now painted with its own stars. She pleaded to them silently, hoping for guidance. But as she opened her eyes and watched the sky silently go on, Iri knew that she could only seek solace once Eurielle’s walls came down for her, in her own time.

Iri stood up, stretching as she took one last look at the sea of stars above, and the scattered reflection of them atop the water’s surface. She opened up the roof hatch, and climbed down. Before closing the door, Iri smiled up at the night sky.

“Goodnight, Ethereal,” Iri said quietly.

Thanks for reading!

Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

@Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis @metalica @QueenMyrrah @MistRunner @imhavingastroke

ahh it's here! sorry for being so inactive. as with many people right now, my life has been in a little jostle for the past couple of months but I should be picking up the pace now on this story.

also 100 posts is that something to feel proud of because heck yeah I am
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
@imhavingastroke also yes thank you! It motivated me to do something productive today! I've still been working on my lore in the developmental area, but I think writing out chapters again will help me build up even more. Hope you like the new chapter(s) to come!

I'm also really excited because I'll have a full reference sheet of Eurielle from child-matriarch here soon from an awesome artist!
@imhavingastroke also yes thank you! It motivated me to do something productive today! I've still been working on my lore in the developmental area, but I think writing out chapters again will help me build up even more. Hope you like the new chapter(s) to come!

I'm also really excited because I'll have a full reference sheet of Eurielle from child-matriarch here soon from an awesome artist!

Hullo, so I decided to make a discord server in case that would be more convenient for people, and also a place where I can possibly discuss more of the mature themes about Miresa, as well as have some casual discussions and feedback on things!

Please PM me for the discord invite if you're interested

Hullo, so I decided to make a discord server in case that would be more convenient for people, and also a place where I can possibly discuss more of the mature themes about Miresa, as well as have some casual discussions and feedback on things!

Please PM me for the discord invite if you're interested
Wow! This is amazing! Thank you for a great escape! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Could you add me to the pinglist as things are updated? :D
Wow! This is amazing! Thank you for a great escape!
Could you add me to the pinglist as things are updated? :D
jUh7hQB.gif3kyZ9uN.gif2kQuDhT.gif
I swear I'm working on things!

Although, I may start over again T_T
My lore has a looot of plot holes, and because of it's ridiculous timeline (before Miresa - at least Year 1615 on Miresa), I am slowly but surely starting to fill in major parts of that time frame. So, I've been really trying to piece together things that I want to be given to readers rather than them keep speculating. Things like maiden's designs, landscaping, architecture, and the overall theme. Reading back, I feel like I can portray Miresa much more confidently from the beginning, and in return allow for longer, more detailed chapters that really put a focus on character and world building!

Let me know what you guys think? Should I keep the few chapters I've put out, or should I archive them and start anew? It will still be the same intended story, and I may take pieces of what I've wrote and put it where it may fit in future writings. But I don't know, I'm so unsure of what to do! Let me know your ideas!
I swear I'm working on things!

Although, I may start over again T_T
My lore has a looot of plot holes, and because of it's ridiculous timeline (before Miresa - at least Year 1615 on Miresa), I am slowly but surely starting to fill in major parts of that time frame. So, I've been really trying to piece together things that I want to be given to readers rather than them keep speculating. Things like maiden's designs, landscaping, architecture, and the overall theme. Reading back, I feel like I can portray Miresa much more confidently from the beginning, and in return allow for longer, more detailed chapters that really put a focus on character and world building!

Let me know what you guys think? Should I keep the few chapters I've put out, or should I archive them and start anew? It will still be the same intended story, and I may take pieces of what I've wrote and put it where it may fit in future writings. But I don't know, I'm so unsure of what to do! Let me know your ideas!
@avani i'd say hold onto what you've originally written (whether you keep it public or not is up to you!) just in case you need/want it in the future --i actually have a collection of dialogue & such that i liked but had to scrap or otherwise couldn't include in my writing-- but if you feel like you can do better by starting over, then start over! :) i've done it a few times when my own writing projects hit a rut. sometimes starting fresh is the jumpstart you need!
@avani i'd say hold onto what you've originally written (whether you keep it public or not is up to you!) just in case you need/want it in the future --i actually have a collection of dialogue & such that i liked but had to scrap or otherwise couldn't include in my writing-- but if you feel like you can do better by starting over, then start over! :) i've done it a few times when my own writing projects hit a rut. sometimes starting fresh is the jumpstart you need!
5BsilZ9.png
5iXiC8z.png
LRdLP2V.png
mlHpBMC.png
I've been lurking on this thread for ages now, but was too shy to ever ask to be added to the pinglist so I turned on thread pings instead. That said, I figured I might as well weigh in.

I think you should keep what you have on this thread for you yourself! As in, it's probably good to at least save what you have for your own records somewhere. But if you're wondering whether or not to start a new thread... If you believe a new thread would make things cleaner/easier, then I think archiving this one might be a good idea. However, unless you really want to, it might be best to refrain from deleting this entire thread. Just because there's a lot you've done here already, and it might as well be left up for posterity's sake.

@avani
I've been lurking on this thread for ages now, but was too shy to ever ask to be added to the pinglist so I turned on thread pings instead. That said, I figured I might as well weigh in.

I think you should keep what you have on this thread for you yourself! As in, it's probably good to at least save what you have for your own records somewhere. But if you're wondering whether or not to start a new thread... If you believe a new thread would make things cleaner/easier, then I think archiving this one might be a good idea. However, unless you really want to, it might be best to refrain from deleting this entire thread. Just because there's a lot you've done here already, and it might as well be left up for posterity's sake.

@avani
@QueenMyrrah

Thanks for the encouragement! I plan to keep the main lore, I just mean starting over for the story, so don't worry everything else will stay for sure. c:

@Mewru

Don't worry, the main lore is okay and staying! I am just considering starting the main story over - in truth I would like to eventually make it a comic instead, but my motivation to get back into drawing isn't there yet haha! (also thanks for being a dedicated lurker!!)
@QueenMyrrah

Thanks for the encouragement! I plan to keep the main lore, I just mean starting over for the story, so don't worry everything else will stay for sure. c:

@Mewru

Don't worry, the main lore is okay and staying! I am just considering starting the main story over - in truth I would like to eventually make it a comic instead, but my motivation to get back into drawing isn't there yet haha! (also thanks for being a dedicated lurker!!)
[center][font=cambria][img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8qY36RG/Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png[/img] [size=5]Chapter IV: The Altar of the Winds[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4]The Altar of the Winds is an ancient artifact, and one of Miresa’s known Relics. Around Miresa lay many, some out in the open while others remain undiscovered. However, the Altar remains the most respected and protected – it rests on the edge of the Ethereal Palace’s rocky platform, touching the sea. This altar was well-known as a summoning platform to this island before Miresa began, though that information has vanished from the maidens of this place. But then… when her blood scattered upon it, the magical energy from her lifeless body seemingly fused with the altar, and it has remained forever changed since, which is why I hold the responsibility that I do. You see, all of it is my fault. But you will learn that on your own in time. These Relics are from Miresa before… well, before it became Miresa. A mysterious past is within the island, and its old ways still influence us to this day. There are voices that reach out to those who will listen, and lead them to wherever it pleases. I’ve spent countless days searching for my maidens; hopeless nights in the dark alone, centuries pass and I never see them. But I know that my magic protects them, as it does to all on Miresa. Until I die, nobody on this island will die. I refuse to lead them to their graves, unknowingly – they all deserve more than this… - Year 863, Month of the Gladekeeper[/font][/size] [font=cambria][size=5]Year 865, Month of the Tidelord[/size] [size=4]“Iri, did you hear anything I just said?” Emilia’s voice interrupted Iri’s thoughts as she stuttered and ran a hand embarrassingly through her hair. “S-sorry… Spaced out a little,” Iri mumbled. Emilia sighed and shook her head, glancing at Eurielle behind Iri. She looked at Iri, who stood uncomfortably – the energy here made Iri feel uneasy. Like she was being silently told to run away from where she was standing. The hairs on Iri’s arms were standing up as she could feel Eurielle come up from behind her. Eurielle smiled at Emilia, who gave her a concerned look. She laid a hand gently on Emilia’s shoulder. “We’ll be okay, Emilia, thank you,” Emilia hesitantly nodded and walked past the two, back towards the Ethereal Palace above. The crashing waves hitting the cliffs were loud, and the smell of seawater hit Iri’s nose with each breath. Eurielle’s hair tangled in the winds, as the two stood on the platform silently, and a serious energy in the air made Iri feel uncomfortable now. Eurielle held a pained smile as she held Iri’s hands together with her own. The two met eyes for a long time it felt, before Eurielle finally pulled away and rested her arms at her sides. Iri looked down at her hands, which now cradled a bright blue gemstone. It was pulsating lightly, vibrating her hands as she dragged her fingers along its jagged edges. Iri looked at Eurielle and smiled, “it’s beautiful, are you giving it to me?” Eurielle’s eyes changed, and a sad look swept onto her face as she forced a smile. “I want you to smash it,” Eurielle said sternly. “Why would you want me to smash this?” Slightly stunned by her words, Iri held the gemstone to her chest. The mist from the thunderous waves around them was refreshingly cool on their burning skin in the sunlight. Eurielle held her sad smile and said nothing as Iri stared at her, looking for any answers. As the two stood there in silence, Iri looked down at the stone again and rubbed it with her thumb. An answer has been given right to her, and as Iri’s eyes flashed up at Eurielle’s, her arm holding the stone came slamming toward the ground. A sharp, high-pitched sound echoed as Iri’s vision was shocked by a blinding light, and then, thick, blue smoke – it smelled like seawater. Iri covered her mouth and nose instinctively as one swift gust rushed the smoke away, revealing the new landscape surrounding Iri. Eurielle was gone, and where they had been standing at the Altar was now a crumbling ruin amidst a foggy forest, with nature having almost entirely taken over the old buildings scattered around the area. The loud, diverse sounds of birds and other animals in the distance rang as Iri spun in a full circle to get a look at her surroundings. Wherever she was now, it wasn’t Miresa, and it seemed like someplace important… once. Iri squinted from the light that broke through the forest’s canopy, and as she looked up at the large structure standing in front of her, she saw a golden eagle perched on the top, gazing down at her. It blinked and tilted its head to the side, staring at her, curiously. Iri began walking towards the eagle, but before she could get any closer, she was blinded by a flashing white light, and the high-pitched scream of another gemstone shattering surrounded her just as the blue fog took hold of the world Iri had saw before her. Just like that, the strong smell of seawater and the crashing waves were heard as Iri stood back at the Altar, on Miresa. Eurielle’s back was now turned from Iri as she stared out into the sea, silently, her hands locked together behind her loosely. Iri’s mind was racing – she just left Miresa, and came back… Iri felt a wave of fear rush over her as she looked at Eurielle’s back. She took a step towards her before stopping in her tracks as Eurielle turned around. “Do you want to go back?” Eurielle said, her face showing no emotion or trace of thought. It made Iri even more nervous. She took a couple breaths before considering her words. “Where was that place?” Eurielle’s face held a bit of surprise as she thought about the question. She put a hand to her mouth in thought, and her face slowly went somber. “It was called Gwynvinir. It was a small village that relied on its lumber and fisheries to survive mostly, but it also had a special connection to Miresa… It housed the summoning platform that transported its previous inhabitants to and from the island safely. The island itself, is an enigma, but that’s… a long story,” she paused, glancing at Iri before continuing, “But… at some point, one of the platforms was altered, and that’s where Miresa began summoning its maidens.” “So then, was that actually Gwynvinir?” Iri asked. “It was.” “Like, the actual Gwynvinir, not on Miresa?” “Yup.” “… When will I get to see it again?” Eurielle smiled, and her hand rested on Iri’s cheek gently. Iri could feel herself getting hotter as the hair on her arms stood up from the slight shock as Eurielle’s thumb rubbed on her lips lightly. “When you are ready,” she said simply, taking her hand away carefully. She began walking past Iri, to the stone steps that led back up to the Ethereal Palace, to Miresa… Iri looked down at the platform before her, the Altar of the Winds, they called it here. The platform that connected to Gwynvinir… to outside, to the world. Iri’s mind became filled with questions as she turned and started racing to catch up with Eurielle. The matriarch looked down at the winded girl before her, and as the two climbed back to the palace together,a silent energy buzzed between them. For the first time in a long time, Eurielle felt hope. _____________________________________ Thanks for reading! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2276107/11#post_43328906][color=#00b3cf]Previous Chapter[/color][/url] | [url=][color=#00b3cf]Next Chapter[/color][/url] @Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis @QueenMyrrah @MistRunner @imhavingastroke @canele @Dothraki
Rockport-Maidens-of-Miresa-Trials-of-Knowledge.png
Chapter IV: The Altar of the Winds

The Altar of the Winds is an ancient artifact, and one of Miresa’s known Relics. Around Miresa lay many, some out in the open while others remain undiscovered. However, the Altar remains the most respected and protected – it rests on the edge of the Ethereal Palace’s rocky platform, touching the sea. This altar was well-known as a summoning platform to this island before Miresa began, though that information has vanished from the maidens of this place. But then… when her blood scattered upon it, the magical energy from her lifeless body seemingly fused with the altar, and it has remained forever changed since, which is why I hold the responsibility that I do. You see, all of it is my fault. But you will learn that on your own in time.

These Relics are from Miresa before… well, before it became Miresa. A mysterious past is within the island, and its old ways still influence us to this day. There are voices that reach out to those who will listen, and lead them to wherever it pleases. I’ve spent countless days searching for my maidens; hopeless nights in the dark alone, centuries pass and I never see them. But I know that my magic protects them, as it does to all on Miresa. Until I die, nobody on this island will die. I refuse to lead them to their graves, unknowingly – they all deserve more than this…

- Year 863, Month of the Gladekeeper

Year 865, Month of the Tidelord

“Iri, did you hear anything I just said?” Emilia’s voice interrupted Iri’s thoughts as she stuttered and ran a hand embarrassingly through her hair. “S-sorry… Spaced out a little,” Iri mumbled. Emilia sighed and shook her head, glancing at Eurielle behind Iri. She looked at Iri, who stood uncomfortably – the energy here made Iri feel uneasy. Like she was being silently told to run away from where she was standing. The hairs on Iri’s arms were standing up as she could feel Eurielle come up from behind her.

Eurielle smiled at Emilia, who gave her a concerned look. She laid a hand gently on Emilia’s shoulder.

“We’ll be okay, Emilia, thank you,” Emilia hesitantly nodded and walked past the two, back towards the Ethereal Palace above. The crashing waves hitting the cliffs were loud, and the smell of seawater hit Iri’s nose with each breath. Eurielle’s hair tangled in the winds, as the two stood on the platform silently, and a serious energy in the air made Iri feel uncomfortable now. Eurielle held a pained smile as she held Iri’s hands together with her own. The two met eyes for a long time it felt, before Eurielle finally pulled away and rested her arms at her sides. Iri looked down at her hands, which now cradled a bright blue gemstone. It was pulsating lightly, vibrating her hands as she dragged her fingers along its jagged edges. Iri looked at Eurielle and smiled, “it’s beautiful, are you giving it to me?”

Eurielle’s eyes changed, and a sad look swept onto her face as she forced a smile.

“I want you to smash it,” Eurielle said sternly.

“Why would you want me to smash this?” Slightly stunned by her words, Iri held the gemstone to her chest. The mist from the thunderous waves around them was refreshingly cool on their burning skin in the sunlight. Eurielle held her sad smile and said nothing as Iri stared at her, looking for any answers. As the two stood there in silence, Iri looked down at the stone again and rubbed it with her thumb. An answer has been given right to her, and as Iri’s eyes flashed up at Eurielle’s, her arm holding the stone came slamming toward the ground. A sharp, high-pitched sound echoed as Iri’s vision was shocked by a blinding light, and then, thick, blue smoke – it smelled like seawater. Iri covered her mouth and nose instinctively as one swift gust rushed the smoke away, revealing the new landscape surrounding Iri.

Eurielle was gone, and where they had been standing at the Altar was now a crumbling ruin amidst a foggy forest, with nature having almost entirely taken over the old buildings scattered around the area. The loud, diverse sounds of birds and other animals in the distance rang as Iri spun in a full circle to get a look at her surroundings. Wherever she was now, it wasn’t Miresa, and it seemed like someplace important… once. Iri squinted from the light that broke through the forest’s canopy, and as she looked up at the large structure standing in front of her, she saw a golden eagle perched on the top, gazing down at her. It blinked and tilted its head to the side, staring at her, curiously. Iri began walking towards the eagle, but before she could get any closer, she was blinded by a flashing white light, and the high-pitched scream of another gemstone shattering surrounded her just as the blue fog took hold of the world Iri had saw before her.

Just like that, the strong smell of seawater and the crashing waves were heard as Iri stood back at the Altar, on Miresa. Eurielle’s back was now turned from Iri as she stared out into the sea, silently, her hands locked together behind her loosely. Iri’s mind was racing – she just left Miresa, and came back… Iri felt a wave of fear rush over her as she looked at Eurielle’s back. She took a step towards her before stopping in her tracks as Eurielle turned around.

“Do you want to go back?” Eurielle said, her face showing no emotion or trace of thought. It made Iri even more nervous. She took a couple breaths before considering her words. “Where was that place?” Eurielle’s face held a bit of surprise as she thought about the question. She put a hand to her mouth in thought, and her face slowly went somber.

“It was called Gwynvinir. It was a small village that relied on its lumber and fisheries to survive mostly, but it also had a special connection to Miresa… It housed the summoning platform that transported its previous inhabitants to and from the island safely. The island itself, is an enigma, but that’s… a long story,” she paused, glancing at Iri before continuing, “But… at some point, one of the platforms was altered, and that’s where Miresa began summoning its maidens.”

“So then, was that actually Gwynvinir?” Iri asked.

“It was.”

“Like, the actual Gwynvinir, not on Miresa?”

“Yup.”

“… When will I get to see it again?”

Eurielle smiled, and her hand rested on Iri’s cheek gently. Iri could feel herself getting hotter as the hair on her arms stood up from the slight shock as Eurielle’s thumb rubbed on her lips lightly.

“When you are ready,” she said simply, taking her hand away carefully. She began walking past Iri, to the stone steps that led back up to the Ethereal Palace, to Miresa… Iri looked down at the platform before her, the Altar of the Winds, they called it here. The platform that connected to Gwynvinir… to outside, to the world. Iri’s mind became filled with questions as she turned and started racing to catch up with Eurielle. The matriarch looked down at the winded girl before her, and as the two climbed back to the palace together,a silent energy buzzed between them. For the first time in a long time, Eurielle felt hope.

Thanks for reading!

Previous Chapter | [url=]Next Chapter[/url]

@Rohana @perspective @MurEyeUh @reinore @Catacombs @Glossy @Driamatic @MysticalScribe @CynicalOwl @LaSilva007 @Cloudsweeper @Amezrou @SSSalutis @QueenMyrrah @MistRunner @imhavingastroke @canele @Dothraki
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13