Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 240 241
@CleverDual
I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?!?! XD
I can't wait for when they're ready to breed :3
@CleverDual
I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?!?! XD
I can't wait for when they're ready to breed :3
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
[center][size=6][font=mistral][u]It's my Birthday![/u][/font][/size] [item=moss-covered golem] (Since it's my birthday, I decided to get this guy from the auction house and buy a new dragon of my choice! Enjoy the update!) [b]Day 11:[/b] [b]"Come on Jade, hurry up!"[/b] Opal called back at her. She and Zaffer were standing quite a ways ahead of her, seeming to have an animated conversation. Jade had recommended to bring Opal and Zaffer on a walk through the outskirts of the area where the camp was, further than they had ever gone before. Janus had insisted on coming, and Poseidon was hunting by himself again, so Opal and Zaffer were more than happy to go exploring. [b]"What is it this time?"[/b] Jade asked, fluttering over to them with Janus at her side. [b]"I want to play hide-and-go-seek, but Zaffer wants to play tag."[/b] Obal explained with a disdainful sniff. Jade shook her head. [b]"How about we don't play those games?"[/b] She said. Opal and Zaffer looked offended, but also very intrigued. [b]"How about we just enjoy being all the way out here?"[/b] Both Opal and zaffer shook their heads. [b]"We want to do something fun."[/b] Zaffer said. Jade sighed, but Janus stepped up. [b]"When I was younger, my brother and I loved to play this game when we were bored."[/b] He started. [b]"We would both try to find something crazy and wild we've never seen before, and then see whose item was more unique. You two have never been this far out before, so you might have some fun looking for new things."[/b] [b]"[i]That[/i] sounds fun!"[/b] Opal blurted. She turned to Jade hopefully. [b]"Can we do that?"[/b] She asked. Jade chuckled. [b]"It sounds like it would be both fun and educational for both of you."[/b] She said with a smile. [b]"But Janus and I will have to accompany each of you, just to be safe."[/b] Jade peered at the sky nervously. [b]"Don't wander too far, so that the others will be able to hear you if you shout, okay? We'll do that if it gets too late."[/b] Opal and Zaffer nodded, trying to look serious, though their excitement broke through easily. Jade turned to Janus. [b]"Who do you want to go with?"[/b] She asked. Janus looked slightly disappointed, as if he were hoping to stay with Jade, but he quickly covered his expression up and shrugged. [b]"I don't know."[/b] He said. [b]"You know them better. Who do you want to go with?"[/b] Jade looked back over to Opal and Zaffer thoughtfully. Zaffer was nervous a lot, but loved finding new things, and Opal was wild and unpredictable and curious about every other thing you might find in the wild. [b]"I'll go with Opal. Is that all right?"[/b] Jade asked. Janus nodded and smiled. [b]"Of course."[/b] He said, turning away to join Zaffer. [b]"I'm going to be with you, okay?"[/b] He said. Zaffer nodded, flexing his claws. [b]"I'm going to find the coolest thing in Sornieth!"[/b] Opal leaped to her feet, her wings beating the air. [b]"Not before I do!"[/b] She whirled around and marched off towards the bushes and bamboo clusters where she and Zaffer were before. As Jade followed her, she heard Zaffer say [b]"Hey, that's where I wanted to go!"[/b] and then Janus calming him down again. [b]"I bet there are some cool things near the water. This way."[/b] Jade didn't hear anymore after that and hurriedly caught up to Opal, who was peering inside a bush. [b]"What do you think is cooler than everything else?"[/b] Opal asked, clawing at the ground as if a piece of gold would suddenly reveal itself. Jade shrugged. [b]"I don't know what the coolest thing is, but I'm sure you'll find something great anyways."[/b] Opal turned away and started rummaging in a clump of ivy, grumbling under her breath. [b]"I know you want to beat Zaffer, so how about we look around a bit more? You know, go a bit further away."[/b] Opal perked up, her ears twitching at the slightest sound. [b]"Good idea!"[/b] She said, bounding off further into the trees. Jade followed her, winding around bamboo stalks and hopping over rocks to keep up with the hyper young dragon. Opal stopped to inspect oddly colored bamboo once, and the other time a mysterious shiny rock with scliff of green, but nothing seemed to grab her attention. Just as Jade was getting nervous they were going too far out, they reached the end of the forest and came into a beautiful cascade of light. The grass had a yellow tinge to it, and there were bushes with luscious green leaves not too far off that were shoved up against a looming cliff. Sand creepers wound their way up the side of it, while little Zephyr Sparrows twittered above in the sky. There was a crystal blue waterfall that fed into a small pond that wound it's way into a small river that led out of sight, and colorful fish could be seen underneath it's rippling waves. [b]"Oooooo!"[/b] Opal said in wonder, her bright eyes taking in her surroundings. Jade cast a glance at the forest they had come out of. [b]"You'll have to find something here, okay Opal?"[/b] Jade said. [b]"We don't want to go any further than this."[/b] Opal skipped further into the field, nodding slightly. [b]"Okay."[/b] She said, lowering her head to inspect the little flowers that grew by the side of the pond. Opal then waddled over to some lumps of stone and rocks sticking out of the ground near the cliff. [b]"I think a gem would be pretty cool."[/b] She mumbled to herself, digging at the cracks in between the rocks. Opal wandered a bit closer to the edge of the cliff when suddenly one of the bushes leaped away from her. [b]"Aah!"[/b] Opal cried, bolting back to Jade and cowering under her wings. The bush rustled and the shaped inside appeared to do the same. [b]"Don't eat me!"[/b] The voice begged. It sounded young. A bit younger than Opal and Zaffer, but not a hatchling. It seemed to be male. [b]"We won't eat you."[/b] Jade assured the voice, feeling Déjà vu wash over her. This was awfully similar to when she had first encountered Opal and Zaffer. [b]"Yeah, why would we eat you?"[/b] Opal shouted back to it. [b]"Unless you're a squirrel, you probably wouldn't taste good."[/b] The bush rustled as the dragon inside moved again. [b]"Well, I'm [i]not[/i] a squirrel."[/b] He insisted. [b]"So don't eat me."[/b] Opal made a big show of rolling her eyes. [b]"I wasn't going to!"[/b] She snapped. [b]"But now I really want to bite something."[/b] Jade quickly shushed her. [b]"Please come out."[/b] Jade pleaded.[b] "We - at least I - don't want to hurt you."[/b] She said with a sharp look at Opal. The bush rustled some more and a small-ish young skydancer with a sheepish expression crawled out. His green butterfly patterned wings stood out against his shining white scales, and the runes embroidered along his body seemed to glow in the sunlight. [b]"Hello."[/b] he mumbled. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=125&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&gender=0&tert=93&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=80&auth=59d632bb7c623271ff7d218c79b113a6cd254472&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Opal blinked at him, as if debating whether to keep being angry at him or not. [b]"Hello little one."[/b] Jade said warmly. [b]"I'm Jade, and the nocturne is Opal. What's your name?"[/b] The Skydancer seemed to grow less wary. [b]"I'm August."[/b] He said, puffing out his chest. [b]"And I'm the bestest at escaping and flying away."[/b] [b]"Nu-uh!"[/b] Opal burst out. [b]"[i]I[/i] am the bestest at flying away."[/b] August looked irritated. [b]"I flew away from a scary bird thing after [i]escaping[/i] it."[/b] He said smugly. [b]"I've escaped more than you!"[/b] Opal growled and beat the air with her wings furiously. [b]"I escaped from my mean parents and flew away!"[/b] She told him. [b]"I've done escaping too!"[/b] [b]"Calm down!"[/b] Jade yelled stepping in between the two of them and spreading her wings.[b]"August, I'd love for you to tell us more about your escaping, but I need you to come with us first."[/b] She explained. [b]"We get plenty of food and have a protective camp, and, um. . . we have a fort."[/b] She added. August tilted his head sideways, as if contemplating the offer, but Jade could practically see him humming with excitement. [b]"Sure!"[/b] August chirped after a moment. Then he narrowed his eyes at Opal. [b]"She doesn't want me to come, though."[/b] He said, huffing. Opal managed to hide her surprise behind a mask of outrage. [b]"Because you said I haven't done any escaping!"[/b] She hollered. [b]"Even Zaffer has done escaping!"[/b] Jade whirled around to face Opal, lowering her voice. [b]"Please let him come with us, Opal."[/b] She whispered. Opal indignantly shook her head. Then a new idea popped into Jade's head. [b]"Isn't another dragon a really cool thing?"[/b] She suggested. [b]"Wouldn't you beat Zaffer if August came with us?"[/b] This got Opal's attention. [b]"Okay fine."[/b] She said reluctantly. [b]"But I still did escaping!"[/b] Jade turned around. [b]"Yes, Opal, I know you did."[/b] Jade said, turning to face August. [b]"She says she's okay with you coming."[/b] Jade said. Opal shot her a quick glance. [b]"But she really has escaped something before."[/b] [b]"Okay."[/b] August said, his tail swishing behind him. Jade let a breath of relief escape her. [b]"Great."[/b] She said, motioning him to follow her. [b]"We're going this way first."[/b] August skipped after her, and Opal reluctantly followed, sticking close to Jade and deliberately not looking at August the whole trip. Then eventually reached the where they had started, with Zaffer and Janus already waiting there for them. Zaffer was inspecting something clutched in his claws, and Janus was sketching something into the dirt. They both looked up when Jade and Zaffer approached, with August trailing closely behind. Janus quickly scraped away what he had been drawing, looking a bit embarrassed. [b]"What did you find, Zaffer?"[/b] Opal asked him curiously, her temper from before having vanished. Zaffer proudly held out what he held in his talons. It was a foggy green gem in the shape of a perfect oval, the darker green markings standing out in the sunlight that shone on it from above. [b]"Janus says in something called Prehnite."[/b] Zaffer explained. [b]"And that it's a common trading currency in Harpy Clans. It's really rare to find them around here though."[/b] He added quickly. Zaffer inspected Opal and Jade's claws. [b]"What did you find?"[/b] He asked. Opal stepped aside, allowing Zaffer a full view of August, and jabbed a small sharp claw at the skydancer. [b]"Him."[/b] She said smugly. [b]"Hey!"[/b] August retorted, marching up to her. [b]"You didn't find me!"[/b] Opal flicked her tail dismissively. [b]"Did too."[/b] She shot back. [b]"I was looking around and you suddenly jumped away inside a bush, yelling really loudly."[/b] She reminded him. [b]"Also your stealth is bad."[/b] August frowned deeply at her. [b]"You ran away when I moved!"[/b] He said angrily. [b]"You were afraid of me!"[/b] Opal rolled her eyes as if there was a completely obvious reason for that. [b]"Because I thought you were something scary and wanted to eat me."[/b] She snapped. [b]"But apparently you were the opposite of scary and was afraid [i]I[/i] was going to eat [i]you[/i]."[/b] She bared her teeth at him. [b]"And I still want to bite something."[/b] [b]"Woah there, calm down you two."[/b] Janus said, stepping up and shoving himself between them. [b]"You shouldn't be bickering at each other. You might have a lot of things in common."[/b] Opal and August both made disgusted faces at him. [b]"We don't have anything in common!"[/b] They both said at the same time. This resulted in them glaring at each other. Janus rolled his eyes. [b]"Right."[/b] He mumbled. [b]"Anyways, how about we go home?"[/b] Jade recommended, stepping in. [b]"Zaffer found a really cool gem and Opal found a new dragon, so we'll call it a tie, okay?"[/b] She looked at the sky. [b]"And it's getting late. Poseidon will be expecting us to be back by now."[/b] Opal huffed and kicked a rock, which tumbled smoothly over the grass. [b]"Okay."[/b] She muttered. [/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm @FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis Everyone, welcome August! I got him specially and names him that specifically for this occasion ^w^ I have a lot planned for him already! (Also, I hope this makes up for all the short posts in the past ^^') And I am selling this guy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35391662] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353917/35391662_350.png[/img] [/url] I tried using a Boon of fertility to hatch him, but he didn't have my favorite colors ^^'
It's my Birthday!

(Since it's my birthday, I decided to get this guy from the auction house and buy a new dragon of my choice! Enjoy the update!)

Day 11:
"Come on Jade, hurry up!" Opal called back at her. She and Zaffer were standing quite a ways ahead of her, seeming to have an animated conversation. Jade had recommended to bring Opal and Zaffer on a walk through the outskirts of the area where the camp was, further than they had ever gone before.

Janus had insisted on coming, and Poseidon was hunting by himself again, so Opal and Zaffer were more than happy to go exploring. "What is it this time?" Jade asked, fluttering over to them with Janus at her side. "I want to play hide-and-go-seek, but Zaffer wants to play tag." Obal explained with a disdainful sniff.

Jade shook her head. "How about we don't play those games?" She said. Opal and Zaffer looked offended, but also very intrigued. "How about we just enjoy being all the way out here?" Both Opal and zaffer shook their heads. "We want to do something fun." Zaffer said. Jade sighed, but Janus stepped up.

"When I was younger, my brother and I loved to play this game when we were bored." He started. "We would both try to find something crazy and wild we've never seen before, and then see whose item was more unique. You two have never been this far out before, so you might have some fun looking for new things."

"That sounds fun!" Opal blurted. She turned to Jade hopefully. "Can we do that?" She asked. Jade chuckled. "It sounds like it would be both fun and educational for both of you." She said with a smile. "But Janus and I will have to accompany each of you, just to be safe."

Jade peered at the sky nervously. "Don't wander too far, so that the others will be able to hear you if you shout, okay? We'll do that if it gets too late." Opal and Zaffer nodded, trying to look serious, though their excitement broke through easily. Jade turned to Janus. "Who do you want to go with?" She asked.

Janus looked slightly disappointed, as if he were hoping to stay with Jade, but he quickly covered his expression up and shrugged. "I don't know." He said. "You know them better. Who do you want to go with?" Jade looked back over to Opal and Zaffer thoughtfully. Zaffer was nervous a lot, but loved finding new things, and Opal was wild and unpredictable and curious about every other thing you might find in the wild.

"I'll go with Opal. Is that all right?" Jade asked. Janus nodded and smiled. "Of course." He said, turning away to join Zaffer. "I'm going to be with you, okay?" He said. Zaffer nodded, flexing his claws. "I'm going to find the coolest thing in Sornieth!" Opal leaped to her feet, her wings beating the air. "Not before I do!" She whirled around and marched off towards the bushes and bamboo clusters where she and Zaffer were before.

As Jade followed her, she heard Zaffer say "Hey, that's where I wanted to go!" and then Janus calming him down again. "I bet there are some cool things near the water. This way." Jade didn't hear anymore after that and hurriedly caught up to Opal, who was peering inside a bush.

"What do you think is cooler than everything else?" Opal asked, clawing at the ground as if a piece of gold would suddenly reveal itself. Jade shrugged. "I don't know what the coolest thing is, but I'm sure you'll find something great anyways."

Opal turned away and started rummaging in a clump of ivy, grumbling under her breath. "I know you want to beat Zaffer, so how about we look around a bit more? You know, go a bit further away." Opal perked up, her ears twitching at the slightest sound. "Good idea!" She said, bounding off further into the trees.

Jade followed her, winding around bamboo stalks and hopping over rocks to keep up with the hyper young dragon. Opal stopped to inspect oddly colored bamboo once, and the other time a mysterious shiny rock with scliff of green, but nothing seemed to grab her attention. Just as Jade was getting nervous they were going too far out, they reached the end of the forest and came into a beautiful cascade of light.

The grass had a yellow tinge to it, and there were bushes with luscious green leaves not too far off that were shoved up against a looming cliff. Sand creepers wound their way up the side of it, while little Zephyr Sparrows twittered above in the sky. There was a crystal blue waterfall that fed into a small pond that wound it's way into a small river that led out of sight, and colorful fish could be seen underneath it's rippling waves.

"Oooooo!" Opal said in wonder, her bright eyes taking in her surroundings. Jade cast a glance at the forest they had come out of. "You'll have to find something here, okay Opal?" Jade said. "We don't want to go any further than this."

Opal skipped further into the field, nodding slightly. "Okay." She said, lowering her head to inspect the little flowers that grew by the side of the pond. Opal then waddled over to some lumps of stone and rocks sticking out of the ground near the cliff. "I think a gem would be pretty cool." She mumbled to herself, digging at the cracks in between the rocks.

Opal wandered a bit closer to the edge of the cliff when suddenly one of the bushes leaped away from her. "Aah!" Opal cried, bolting back to Jade and cowering under her wings. The bush rustled and the shaped inside appeared to do the same. "Don't eat me!" The voice begged. It sounded young. A bit younger than Opal and Zaffer, but not a hatchling. It seemed to be male.

"We won't eat you." Jade assured the voice, feeling Déjà vu wash over her. This was awfully similar to when she had first encountered Opal and Zaffer. "Yeah, why would we eat you?" Opal shouted back to it. "Unless you're a squirrel, you probably wouldn't taste good."

The bush rustled as the dragon inside moved again. "Well, I'm not a squirrel." He insisted. "So don't eat me." Opal made a big show of rolling her eyes. "I wasn't going to!" She snapped. "But now I really want to bite something." Jade quickly shushed her. "Please come out." Jade pleaded. "We - at least I - don't want to hurt you." She said with a sharp look at Opal.

The bush rustled some more and a small-ish young skydancer with a sheepish expression crawled out. His green butterfly patterned wings stood out against his shining white scales, and the runes embroidered along his body seemed to glow in the sunlight. "Hello." he mumbled.
dragon?age=0&body=125&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&gender=0&tert=93&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=80&auth=59d632bb7c623271ff7d218c79b113a6cd254472&dummyext=prev.png
Opal blinked at him, as if debating whether to keep being angry at him or not. "Hello little one." Jade said warmly. "I'm Jade, and the nocturne is Opal. What's your name?" The Skydancer seemed to grow less wary. "I'm August." He said, puffing out his chest. "And I'm the bestest at escaping and flying away."

"Nu-uh!" Opal burst out. "I am the bestest at flying away." August looked irritated. "I flew away from a scary bird thing after escaping it." He said smugly. "I've escaped more than you!" Opal growled and beat the air with her wings furiously. "I escaped from my mean parents and flew away!" She told him. "I've done escaping too!"

"Calm down!" Jade yelled stepping in between the two of them and spreading her wings."August, I'd love for you to tell us more about your escaping, but I need you to come with us first." She explained. "We get plenty of food and have a protective camp, and, um. . . we have a fort." She added.

August tilted his head sideways, as if contemplating the offer, but Jade could practically see him humming with excitement. "Sure!" August chirped after a moment. Then he narrowed his eyes at Opal. "She doesn't want me to come, though." He said, huffing. Opal managed to hide her surprise behind a mask of outrage. "Because you said I haven't done any escaping!" She hollered. "Even Zaffer has done escaping!"

Jade whirled around to face Opal, lowering her voice. "Please let him come with us, Opal." She whispered. Opal indignantly shook her head. Then a new idea popped into Jade's head. "Isn't another dragon a really cool thing?" She suggested. "Wouldn't you beat Zaffer if August came with us?"

This got Opal's attention. "Okay fine." She said reluctantly. "But I still did escaping!" Jade turned around. "Yes, Opal, I know you did." Jade said, turning to face August. "She says she's okay with you coming." Jade said. Opal shot her a quick glance. "But she really has escaped something before."

"Okay." August said, his tail swishing behind him. Jade let a breath of relief escape her. "Great." She said, motioning him to follow her. "We're going this way first." August skipped after her, and Opal reluctantly followed, sticking close to Jade and deliberately not looking at August the whole trip.

Then eventually reached the where they had started, with Zaffer and Janus already waiting there for them. Zaffer was inspecting something clutched in his claws, and Janus was sketching something into the dirt. They both looked up when Jade and Zaffer approached, with August trailing closely behind. Janus quickly scraped away what he had been drawing, looking a bit embarrassed.

"What did you find, Zaffer?" Opal asked him curiously, her temper from before having vanished. Zaffer proudly held out what he held in his talons. It was a foggy green gem in the shape of a perfect oval, the darker green markings standing out in the sunlight that shone on it from above.

"Janus says in something called Prehnite." Zaffer explained. "And that it's a common trading currency in Harpy Clans. It's really rare to find them around here though." He added quickly. Zaffer inspected Opal and Jade's claws. "What did you find?" He asked. Opal stepped aside, allowing Zaffer a full view of August, and jabbed a small sharp claw at the skydancer. "Him." She said smugly.

"Hey!" August retorted, marching up to her. "You didn't find me!" Opal flicked her tail dismissively. "Did too." She shot back. "I was looking around and you suddenly jumped away inside a bush, yelling really loudly." She reminded him. "Also your stealth is bad." August frowned deeply at her. "You ran away when I moved!" He said angrily. "You were afraid of me!"

Opal rolled her eyes as if there was a completely obvious reason for that. "Because I thought you were something scary and wanted to eat me." She snapped. "But apparently you were the opposite of scary and was afraid I was going to eat you." She bared her teeth at him. "And I still want to bite something."

"Woah there, calm down you two." Janus said, stepping up and shoving himself between them. "You shouldn't be bickering at each other. You might have a lot of things in common." Opal and August both made disgusted faces at him. "We don't have anything in common!" They both said at the same time. This resulted in them glaring at each other. Janus rolled his eyes. "Right." He mumbled.

"Anyways, how about we go home?" Jade recommended, stepping in. "Zaffer found a really cool gem and Opal found a new dragon, so we'll call it a tie, okay?" She looked at the sky. "And it's getting late. Poseidon will be expecting us to be back by now." Opal huffed and kicked a rock, which tumbled smoothly over the grass. "Okay." She muttered.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm
@FluffyGlacier @WhoOwlborn @PuellaFortis
Everyone, welcome August! I got him specially and names him that specifically for this occasion ^w^ I have a lot planned for him already!
(Also, I hope this makes up for all the short posts in the past ^^')
And I am selling this guy:

35391662_350.png

I tried using a Boon of fertility to hatch him, but he didn't have my favorite colors ^^'
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm OH HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday!
@Aetherstorm OH HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday!
@Aetherstorm Happy (belated) birthday, and congrats on August, he looks amazing!
@Aetherstorm Happy (belated) birthday, and congrats on August, he looks amazing!
CXfN6hb.png
@CleverDual @Moon314
Thank you so much, both of you! :)
@CleverDual @Moon314
Thank you so much, both of you! :)
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
Sorry for so much delay guys ^^' The new HTTYD season just came out and I am very busy ;P
Sorry for so much delay guys ^^' The new HTTYD season just came out and I am very busy ;P
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm
Aaa I accidentally stumbled across this (by clicking your link) and THE FEELS I'M GETTING RIGHT NOW FROM THIS STORY :O
(couldyouaddmetothepinglistplease?:3)
@Aetherstorm
Aaa I accidentally stumbled across this (by clicking your link) and THE FEELS I'M GETTING RIGHT NOW FROM THIS STORY :O
(couldyouaddmetothepinglistplease?:3)
4MdcPJR.png
@Dragondreamer
Of course! I haven't posted in a while, but I hope to today :)
@Dragondreamer
Of course! I haven't posted in a while, but I hope to today :)
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm no worries!! Take all the time you need :)
@Aetherstorm no worries!! Take all the time you need :)
@Aetherstorm

I loved the fifth season. i just wish there was more
@Aetherstorm

I loved the fifth season. i just wish there was more
GE3vi9z.pngvhkml8U.png
K A L L Y P A I G E
Subspecies Hatchery
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 240 241