Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 240 241
ahhhh, this is a great pinkerlocke! :D looking forward to the next update. opal is so cute ^^
ahhhh, this is a great pinkerlocke! :D looking forward to the next update. opal is so cute ^^
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif GujcHUG.png WritersPlaceAnimation_zps38syryfz.gif
@Firedawn
I'll add you to the pinglist!!! Also remember that cringey thing I mentioned? Here is is: ALL HAIL MATHERNOODLE!!!!!
@Firedawn
I'll add you to the pinglist!!! Also remember that cringey thing I mentioned? Here is is: ALL HAIL MATHERNOODLE!!!!!
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
xD MATHERNOODLE SHALL RISE! And thank you! :D
xD MATHERNOODLE SHALL RISE! And thank you! :D
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif GujcHUG.png WritersPlaceAnimation_zps38syryfz.gif
[center][item=flameweed] (Coli again! I will keep to my word and step up my coli game though. I will be fighting in the Woodland Path with Poseidon, Zaffer, and Jade.) [b]Day 9:[/b] [b]"What does this word mean?"[/b] Zaffer asked, pointing a claw at a word scribbled onto the scroll clutched in his talons. [b]"Balmy means it has a balm, Zaffer."[/b] Opal replied indignantly. Jade rolled her eyes and walked over to look at Zaffer's word. [b]"Balmy means pleasantly warm."[/b] She explained. [b]"In this case, the beaches by the Sunbeam Ruins are pleasantly warm and relaxing."[/b] [b]"Thanks!"[/b] zaffer said. Then he glared at Opal. [b]"What's a balm anyways?"[/b] He asked sharply. Opal flicked her wings disdainfully. [b]"Things that are at beaches! Duh."[/b] Jade frowned at Opal. [b]"Don't say 'duh'."[/b] She scolded. [b]"It doesn't make you sound smart. And a balm is actually a fragrant ointment used to heal or soothe scales."[/b] [b]"What's a fragrant ointment?"[/b] Opal asked curiously. [b]"A. . . a good smelling cream thing."[/b] Jade replied. [b]"But not edible cream. You smear it on yourself to make your scales feel better."[/b] Opal resettled her wings with a flick of her tail. [b]"That doesn't seem useful."[/b] She said. And with that, Opal leaned over and started reading with Zaffer again. Jade scrunched up her nose, surprised at how this conversation had taken such a startling turn of events. [b]"Do you think we were lucky that Poseidon brought back that history scroll for them, or hugely burdened?"[/b] Janus asked nearby. [b]"I prefer not to think about it too much."[/b] Jade said with a sigh. Janus laughed. [b]"Well, at least their developing their young dragon minds."[/b] He said teasingly. Jade speculatively looked back at Opal and Zaffer. They were still young, but they had grown rapidly. Opal was now a half-sized nocturne, reaching Poseidon's wing joints if she stood up straight. And Zaffer was growing quickly, too. His mane had grown quite a bit, and he was slowly reaching the size of a true imperial. [b]"Yeah, at least that."[/b] [b]"What are you going to do with them once they're full-grown?"[/b] Janus asked, genuinely curious. Jade froze for a moment, as the realization of that actually happening settled in her mind. [b]"I don't know."[/b] She said finally. [b]"It's their choice, really."[/b] [b]"I guess it is."[/b] Janus replied, ruffling his feathers. He seemed distracted by something, but Jade didn't want to nose into his business. [b]"Are-"[/b] Jade started, cutting off when Janus turned back to look at her. She swallowed nervously and continued. [b]"Are you planning on staying?"[/b] She asked. [b]"Of course."[/b] Janus said with a mischievous smile. [b]"Were you expecting me not to?"[/b] Jade felt her cheeks redden again. [b]"N-no. Not exactly."[/b] She mumbled, stumbling over the words awkwardly. [b]"N-n-nevermind. I shouldn't have said that."[/b] Jade quickly turned away and slid back to Opal and Zaffer. She pretended to peek over their shoulders and correct something Opal mispronounced. Jade refused to look up at Zaffer's expression, trying to beat the heat away from her face. [b]"Jade, are you okay?"[/b] Zaffer asked. Jade realized she was clenching her paws. Taking a deep breath, she unclenched them, trying to keep her feelings under control. [b]"Yes Zaffer."[/b] She said with a small smile. [b]"I'm sure I'm fine."[/b] -----[/center] @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm Guys, I am so so so so so sorry about how short this update is ^^' I'm really rushed and I couldn't write for very long, so I'm sorry to say this update is rather short.

(Coli again! I will keep to my word and step up my coli game though. I will be fighting in the Woodland Path with Poseidon, Zaffer, and Jade.)

Day 9:
"What does this word mean?" Zaffer asked, pointing a claw at a word scribbled onto the scroll clutched in his talons. "Balmy means it has a balm, Zaffer." Opal replied indignantly. Jade rolled her eyes and walked over to look at Zaffer's word. "Balmy means pleasantly warm." She explained. "In this case, the beaches by the Sunbeam Ruins are pleasantly warm and relaxing."

"Thanks!" zaffer said. Then he glared at Opal. "What's a balm anyways?" He asked sharply. Opal flicked her wings disdainfully. "Things that are at beaches! Duh." Jade frowned at Opal. "Don't say 'duh'." She scolded. "It doesn't make you sound smart. And a balm is actually a fragrant ointment used to heal or soothe scales."

"What's a fragrant ointment?" Opal asked curiously. "A. . . a good smelling cream thing." Jade replied. "But not edible cream. You smear it on yourself to make your scales feel better." Opal resettled her wings with a flick of her tail. "That doesn't seem useful." She said. And with that, Opal leaned over and started reading with Zaffer again.

Jade scrunched up her nose, surprised at how this conversation had taken such a startling turn of events. "Do you think we were lucky that Poseidon brought back that history scroll for them, or hugely burdened?" Janus asked nearby. "I prefer not to think about it too much." Jade said with a sigh. Janus laughed.

"Well, at least their developing their young dragon minds." He said teasingly. Jade speculatively looked back at Opal and Zaffer. They were still young, but they had grown rapidly. Opal was now a half-sized nocturne, reaching Poseidon's wing joints if she stood up straight. And Zaffer was growing quickly, too. His mane had grown quite a bit, and he was slowly reaching the size of a true imperial. "Yeah, at least that."

"What are you going to do with them once they're full-grown?" Janus asked, genuinely curious. Jade froze for a moment, as the realization of that actually happening settled in her mind. "I don't know." She said finally. "It's their choice, really."

"I guess it is." Janus replied, ruffling his feathers. He seemed distracted by something, but Jade didn't want to nose into his business. "Are-" Jade started, cutting off when Janus turned back to look at her. She swallowed nervously and continued. "Are you planning on staying?" She asked. "Of course." Janus said with a mischievous smile. "Were you expecting me not to?"

Jade felt her cheeks redden again. "N-no. Not exactly." She mumbled, stumbling over the words awkwardly. "N-n-nevermind. I shouldn't have said that." Jade quickly turned away and slid back to Opal and Zaffer. She pretended to peek over their shoulders and correct something Opal mispronounced. Jade refused to look up at Zaffer's expression, trying to beat the heat away from her face.

"Jade, are you okay?" Zaffer asked. Jade realized she was clenching her paws. Taking a deep breath, she unclenched them, trying to keep her feelings under control. "Yes Zaffer." She said with a small smile. "I'm sure I'm fine."
@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm
Guys, I am so so so so so sorry about how short this update is ^^' I'm really rushed and I couldn't write for very long, so I'm sorry to say this update is rather short.
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm don't worry about the length, this is SO CUTE!!!! I love it! Well done!
@Aetherstorm don't worry about the length, this is SO CUTE!!!! I love it! Well done!
[center][item=gold aviator scarf] (I think we all know what is going to happen today >:3) [b]Day 10:[/b] [b]"Mind if I join you, Jade?"[/b] Janus asked. Jade opened her eyes and turned her head to look at him. She was coiled into a sitting position, watching the clouds cheerily dotting the sky and hiding the mid-day sun from view. [b]"Sure, why not?"[/b] She said. Opal and Zaffer were out hunting with Poseidon again, so she and Janus were alone in the camp. Janus came up and sat down beside her, gazing up at the twisting clouds above them. [b]"You seem to come here a lot."[/b] He mumbled. Jade sighed. [b]"Yes. It lets me think about what my life has been about so far."[/b] She said solemnly. [b]"It must have been hard for you, watching all that have happened."[/b] Janus said softly, recalling the time Jade had explained her past to him. [b]"You too."[/b] Jade said. [b]"Especially if it was also other dragons."[/b] She closed her eyes and shook her head. [b]"Our species can be cruel and ruthless to ghastly measures."[/b] Janus dipped his head down. [b]"It wasn't that bad for me."[/b] He confessed. [b]"I just saw them ascending right at dusk, and hearing the fighting as I flew away."[/b] His sad eyes met Jade's.[b]"I didn't have my mother sacrifice herself for me."[/b] Janus slowly extended his wing, letting it fall gently over Jade's shoulders. Jade shivered, oddly comforted by it. [b]"It wasn't that bad."[/b] Jade admitted solemnly. The faintest of smiles emerged on her face. [b]"After all, I have a new family now."[/b] Janus smiled knowingly. [b]"It does feel that way."[/b] He said. [b]"I don't know you and Opal and Zaffer and Poseidon all that well yet, but I still feel like I have a new home now."[/b] Jade smiled. [b]"Don't make it too sappy."[/b] She teased, nudging his shoulder. They sat there together for a little bit. His wing around hers, her tail brushing his. After a little bit, Janus spoke up. [b]"Er, Jade?"[/b] He asked nervously. Jade turned her head to look into his eyes. [b]"Yes, Janus?"[/b] She asked. Janus fiddled with his claws nervously. [b]"Do you- I mean, do you know, that, um. . ."[/b] He rubbed the back of his head anxiously. [b]"Do you know that I like you?"[/b] He blurted. Jade was taken aback. [b]"Eh. . ."[/b] She mumbled quietly. [b]"I hoped so?"[/b] She peeped. Janus' eyes lit up. [b]"You did?"[/b] He asked excitedly. Jade ducked her head, trying to hide the blush that crept into her cheeks. [b]"Well, yeah."[/b] She murmured. Janus beamed at her and Jade shied away, smiling slightly. [b]"I didn't think you did."[/b] Janus said speculatively. Jade couldn't help laughing. [b]"Of course you didn't."[/b] She said. [b]"I didn't want to make it too obvious."[/b] Janus laughed along with her, smiling with a meaning Jade hadn't seen him have ever before. Jade affectionately nudged his head with her nose and hid a smile at the bewildered look on his face. [b]"So. . . you [i]like[/i] me too?"[/b] He asked with a mischievous smile. Jade playfully shoved his shoulder. [b]"Of course I do! Don't rub it in like that."[/b] She said, batting his wing. Janus sighed, but the playful twinkle remained in his eyes. [b]"Okay."[/b] He said cheerfully.Jade laughed and leaned against him, her gaze returning to the beautiful valley below.[/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm GAAAAH!!!!! Sorry this took so long guys ^^' Again, I've been very rushed recently and I'm horribly slow at writing sappy stuff, so I really hope you guys are okay with this update :) [size=2](This one is even shorter than the last!!!)[/size] Also, WHO SAW THE ECLIPSE TODAY!?!?!? [size=2]I have, like, 6 eclipse hatchling and I want to sell a few. . .[/size] AND there will be a [i]very[/i] special update on the 23rd. . . my birthday!!! :D

(I think we all know what is going to happen today >:3)

Day 10:
"Mind if I join you, Jade?" Janus asked. Jade opened her eyes and turned her head to look at him. She was coiled into a sitting position, watching the clouds cheerily dotting the sky and hiding the mid-day sun from view. "Sure, why not?" She said. Opal and Zaffer were out hunting with Poseidon again, so she and Janus were alone in the camp.

Janus came up and sat down beside her, gazing up at the twisting clouds above them. "You seem to come here a lot." He mumbled. Jade sighed. "Yes. It lets me think about what my life has been about so far." She said solemnly. "It must have been hard for you, watching all that have happened." Janus said softly, recalling the time Jade had explained her past to him.

"You too." Jade said. "Especially if it was also other dragons." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Our species can be cruel and ruthless to ghastly measures." Janus dipped his head down. "It wasn't that bad for me." He confessed. "I just saw them ascending right at dusk, and hearing the fighting as I flew away." His sad eyes met Jade's."I didn't have my mother sacrifice herself for me."

Janus slowly extended his wing, letting it fall gently over Jade's shoulders. Jade shivered, oddly comforted by it. "It wasn't that bad." Jade admitted solemnly. The faintest of smiles emerged on her face. "After all, I have a new family now."

Janus smiled knowingly. "It does feel that way." He said. "I don't know you and Opal and Zaffer and Poseidon all that well yet, but I still feel like I have a new home now." Jade smiled. "Don't make it too sappy." She teased, nudging his shoulder.

They sat there together for a little bit. His wing around hers, her tail brushing his. After a little bit, Janus spoke up. "Er, Jade?" He asked nervously. Jade turned her head to look into his eyes. "Yes, Janus?" She asked. Janus fiddled with his claws nervously. "Do you- I mean, do you know, that, um. . ." He rubbed the back of his head anxiously. "Do you know that I like you?" He blurted.

Jade was taken aback. "Eh. . ." She mumbled quietly. "I hoped so?" She peeped. Janus' eyes lit up. "You did?" He asked excitedly. Jade ducked her head, trying to hide the blush that crept into her cheeks. "Well, yeah." She murmured. Janus beamed at her and Jade shied away, smiling slightly.

"I didn't think you did." Janus said speculatively. Jade couldn't help laughing. "Of course you didn't." She said. "I didn't want to make it too obvious." Janus laughed along with her, smiling with a meaning Jade hadn't seen him have ever before.

Jade affectionately nudged his head with her nose and hid a smile at the bewildered look on his face. "So. . . you like me too?" He asked with a mischievous smile. Jade playfully shoved his shoulder. "Of course I do! Don't rub it in like that." She said, batting his wing. Janus sighed, but the playful twinkle remained in his eyes. "Okay." He said cheerfully.Jade laughed and leaned against him, her gaze returning to the beautiful valley below.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards
@CleverDual @Firedawn @ScaledBookworm
GAAAAH!!!!! Sorry this took so long guys ^^' Again, I've been very rushed recently and I'm horribly slow at writing sappy stuff, so I really hope you guys are okay with this update :)
(This one is even shorter than the last!!!)

Also, WHO SAW THE ECLIPSE TODAY!?!?!?
I have, like, 6 eclipse hatchling and I want to sell a few. . .

AND there will be a very special update on the 23rd. . . my birthday!!! :D
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Moonsong48
Me too! NO TUI!!! Qibli is too perfect to be a good ship >:(

I saw the sun being covered 3/4 today. IT WAS TOTALLY COOL!!!!! I wish I could have seen it fully. . . But hey! At least there is the next one in 2024, am I right? XD

YAY IT'S (nearly) MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I ordered about a million shirts with dragon phrases on them from amazon :P

Also, what else is cool, is that the eclipse was 2 days before my birthday, and a whole season of new episodes for my favorite series is coming out 2 days after my birthday!!!
YES FOR DRAGON POWAH!!!

(Sorry, I had to ^^')
@Moonsong48
Me too! NO TUI!!! Qibli is too perfect to be a good ship >:(

I saw the sun being covered 3/4 today. IT WAS TOTALLY COOL!!!!! I wish I could have seen it fully. . . But hey! At least there is the next one in 2024, am I right? XD

YAY IT'S (nearly) MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I ordered about a million shirts with dragon phrases on them from amazon :P

Also, what else is cool, is that the eclipse was 2 days before my birthday, and a whole season of new episodes for my favorite series is coming out 2 days after my birthday!!!
YES FOR DRAGON POWAH!!!

(Sorry, I had to ^^')
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm AUGH!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!! I SHIP THEM SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!,
@Aetherstorm AUGH!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!! I SHIP THEM SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!,
@CleverDual
YEEEEEES, I TOTALLY DO TOO!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
@CleverDual
YEEEEEES, I TOTALLY DO TOO!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Aetherstorm SO MANY FEELS!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3
@Aetherstorm SO MANY FEELS!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 240 241