Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 240 241
[center][item=shattered reading spectacles][item=abyss striker][item=driftwood log] (YEEESSSS, a new dragon!!!!! I'm glad I also got art and writing. No death streaks today! Also, I'm sorry to day this but i'll have to submit the art later. I need to give the person generously doing it for me more time.)[/center] ----- [b]New dragon:[/b] Okay, this is seriously coinsidental, but I was really super hoping for a spiral. . . and I got 7. A [i]spiral[/i]!!! [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png[/img] Meet Janus. It was a close contest with him and a really handsome spiral named Gunnar, but in the end I had to go with him ^w^ Only 8 gems!!! ----- [color=transparent]ireallyreallyreallylikedragons[/color] [center][b]Day 5:[/b] Jade was curled up on a lovely warm rock, peering out over a steep cliff and taking in the beauty of the landscape below. The usual scuffling sounds of Opal and Zaffer playing around could be heard from behind her, but Jade's full attention was turned to the powerful, glittering waterfalls, strong deep green bamboo stalks that reached for the skies, and little flickering shapes of strange creatures below. Suddenly, a shadow fell over Jade from above. She looked up to see a cloud of clashing feathers and teeth and sharp beaks above her, pinning her scales with beady, merciless eyes. Jade gasped and leaped to her feet, stumbling away from the horrid sight above. Jade felt dizzy as the horde ascended down on her, blotting out the light and joy of the world and swarming over the only family Jade had found. Opal and Zaffer jumped back, their little eyes growing wide as the harpy flock overtook them, and Jade lost the sight of their terrified faces in a mass of screeching and squawking. Out of the corner of her eye, Jade saw a flailing Poseidon vanish into the blur of talons as well. Jade screeched a primal roar, flinging herself at the nearest harpies, not willing to run and cower like last time. Killing herself now would bring less pain than if she kept on living. Jade fell into the mass of feathers and felt a sharp thing digging into her side, and winced. Jade started flailing around, clawing at the air, desperate to catch anything. . . anything. [b]"Jade, wake up."[/b] Came a hazy, muffled voice through the pain in her head. Jade blinked and the chaotic, horrid scene around her fuzzed a little bit. [b]"Jade! Wake up, NOW!"[/b] Jade gasped and launched herself to her feet, snapping into the real world again. Jade's forehead was wet and sweaty, and her arms ached even though she had just been sleeping. Jade blinked again and shook her head, trying to shake off the last hazes of the dream. Poseidon was standing over her, looking concerned, with Opal at her side with wide eyes and an expression that seemed stuck between scared, surprised, and amazed. Zaffer was crouching next to her, too, with his still Unnamed dark-tufted sparrowmouse cuddled up against his side, but Jade noticed him favoring his right shoulder, though the young imperial didn't seem to be bleeding. [b]"Is something wrong?"[/b] Poseidon asked, his face wreathed with concern. [b]"You were flipping out and clawing things in your sleep."[/b] He nodded towards Zaffer, who guiltily dicked his head. Jade was suddenly struck with an understanding as sharp as a harpy's claws. [b]"Zaffer, are you okay?"[/b] She asked, swarming up to him. The sparrowmouse squeaked in protest, but stayed put. [b]"Yeah."[/b] Zaffer mumbled. [b]"Oh, it wasn't your fault."[/b] Jade said, feeling guilt flooding her own mind. [b]"I really didn't know what I was doing."[/b] Jade leaned forward and embraced him, catching the sparrowmouse in her hug too, and pulling Opal into it with her tail. She could never loose them. She never wanted to feel the feeling she had felt in the dream again, especially it it was going to be real. Jade sighed and hugged the two dragons tighter. Opal hugged her back, squeezing her neck with surprising strength for a dragon her age, and Zaffer soon followed, his whole body seeming to relax. Eventually Jade sat back and curled her tail around her legs, feeling a lot better than she had in a long while. "What was so crazy in your dream that made you flip out like that?" Poseidon asked from the side of the cramped bamboo hut. Jade took a deep breath, then launched into what she had seen in her subconsciousness. [b]"That's harsh."[/b] Poseidon murmured. Opal fluttered her wings nervously. [b]"I really hope you're okay."[/b] She squeaked. [b]"I'm fine."[/b] Jade said, a smile cracking her depressed expression. Then something happened outside, and a weird noise could be heard. As if something had stepped on a stick of bamboo and slipped, sending it skidding across the ground. Poseidon leaped outside the bamboo hut, his teeth bared and claws flexed, ready to fight. Jade gently nudged the two hatchling to the back of the hut and slid up to Poseidon, peeking around his splayed feathers to catch a glimpse to the intruder. It was a spiral like herself, but the intruder was male with eyes a deep purple, and scales that were dark as night streaked with a stripe of light color. He was a lithe, handsome dragon, but was wearing an expression that looked somewhat aggravated and somewhat guilty. And a bit surprised, too. [b]"Who are you?"[/b] Poseidon growled. The stranger slipped down the mask he wore over his face to speak, his eyes flashing anxiously beneath his hood. [b]"I'm Janus."[/b] He said in a rich but raspy voice. [b]"I became a refugee after my old tribe was taken over by cruel mirrors working with the serthis."[/b] Jade immediately felt drawn to this dragon. Probably because what he described sounded so similar to what Jade had witnessed, and he must have gone through the same pain as her. Poseidon didn't drop his hostile scowl, though. [b]"And why are you here, in the middle of the night?"[/b] Janus had a neutral expression on his face, but it was now interwoven with worry. [B]"I wandered into these woods after crossing the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I wanted to avoid the Abiding Boneyard, and I'm trying to decide where to go now."[/b] Jade felt a flash of pity for this spiral, but Janus only shrugged at his own explanation. He rubbed a spot on his neck where the scaled seemed to have been punctured multiple times. [b]"I only barely managed to make it over without the Maren having my head."[/b] Opal suddenly popped up behind Jade, causing her to leap back into the open, where janus could get a clear look at her. [b]"Who's the new purple dragon?"[/b] Opal asked in a loud whisper. [b]"Does he want to stay in the fort too?"[/b] Janus smiled at Jade and Opal, and Jade felt her scales get all prickly. [b]"That would be quite nice."[/b] He agreed with a small smile. [b]"Hold on."[/b] Poseidon cut in with a frown. [b]"How do we know you're not dangerous?"[/b] Janus turned his gaze to the Coatl. "Because I do not nearly have enough energy to fight." He explained. [b]"You, who are well fed and energized, could easily subdue me if I tried anything on your friends there. Not that I would."[/b] He added. [b]"Just let him."[/b] Jade whispered into Poseidon's ear. Poseidon sighed and reluctantly nodded, stepping back into the fort and signaling Janus to follow him inside. Janus slithered after his gratefully, shooting Jade a grateful smile and a wink as he passed. Jade froze, trying to squash a smile that was attempting to sneak onto her face. zaffer flinched when janus entered the little hut, but the spiral's purple eyes lit up at the sight of the sparrowmouse at Zaffer's side. [b]"I've seen many of these before."[/b] Janus excplained. He waved at the pointed crest atop the sparrowmouse's head. [b]"This one's a male. Female's crests are split in the middle."[/b] Zaffer suddenly seemed less nervous, nodding along to Janus' explanation. [b]"They were often a nuisance to the dragon who grew the crops to feed the clan."[/b] A dark frown flickered across his face one moment, but was gone the next. Jade felt all too familiar with this feeling. [b]"Does he have a name?"[/b] Janus asked politely. [b]"Erm. . . I've been thinking about some."[/b] Zaffer replied awkwardly. [b]"But since I know he's a boy now I guess I have to choose now. Um. . ."[/b] The five dragons stood in silence for a bit, until Zaffer's eyes lit up. [b]"Would Ash be good?"[/b] He asked. The sparrowmouse squeaked agreeably and started pecking Zaffer's wing with interest. Janus laughed. [b]"I guess that's a yes."[/b] He said, and Zaffer laughed at Ash's bird-like actions. Opal did a weird giggle-snort along with him, and Jade found herself laughing along with them, too. She awkwardly snapped her jaws shut, but no one seemed to notice. [b]"All right, that's plenty of excitement for one night."[/b] Poseidon said, stepping in with a serious look on his face. though guessing from the twinkle in his eye, Jade could tell he was laughing along with the rest of them earlier. Poseidon turned his gaze to Janus, though the twinkle wasn't visible anymore. [b]"Don't you dare hurt any of them."[/b] He hissed. Janus put with claws up innocently, his face solemn. [b]"I swear by the soul of the Shadowbinder."[/b] He replied, dead-serious. Poseidon nodded and settled down, and Opal curled into her usual chinchilla form beside Jade. Ash fluttered onto Zaffer's back, and the dragon laughed a bit before settling himself against the wall, far away from Jade, she realized with a strong pang of guilt. Janus caught her gaze and gaze her a sly smile before curling himself up on the ground. Jade hurriedly looked away and rested her own head on her wings, an exciting, numbing, jittery feeling suddenly coursing though her body. She managed to settle herself with [i]This was an eventful night.[/i] just as her eyelids began to droop. [i]I think I'll sleep soundly this time.[/i][/center] ----- @AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset Ta-da! I wanted Opal to refer to Janus as another giant purple noodle, but had to restrain myself on that one XD I really hope you all enjoyed! I'll be sure to post the art really soon!!! Also, Janus coincidentally happened to be a shadow dragon and know about sparrowmice, or else I would have had Poseidon know about that :) I guess you all know my future plans for Jade now >w<

(YEEESSSS, a new dragon!!!!! I'm glad I also got art and writing. No death streaks today!
Also, I'm sorry to day this but i'll have to submit the art later. I need to give the person generously doing it for me more time.)

New dragon:
Okay, this is seriously coinsidental, but I was really super hoping for a spiral. . . and I got 7.
A spiral!!!
dragon?did=34977244&skin=0&apparel=13825,6021,13833,9815&xt=dressing.png
Meet Janus. It was a close contest with him and a really handsome spiral named Gunnar, but in the end I had to go with him ^w^ Only 8 gems!!!
ireallyreallyreallylikedragons
Day 5:
Jade was curled up on a lovely warm rock, peering out over a steep cliff and taking in the beauty of the landscape below. The usual scuffling sounds of Opal and Zaffer playing around could be heard from behind her, but Jade's full attention was turned to the powerful, glittering waterfalls, strong deep green bamboo stalks that reached for the skies, and little flickering shapes of strange creatures below.

Suddenly, a shadow fell over Jade from above. She looked up to see a cloud of clashing feathers and teeth and sharp beaks above her, pinning her scales with beady, merciless eyes. Jade gasped and leaped to her feet, stumbling away from the horrid sight above.

Jade felt dizzy as the horde ascended down on her, blotting out the light and joy of the world and swarming over the only family Jade had found. Opal and Zaffer jumped back, their little eyes growing wide as the harpy flock overtook them, and Jade lost the sight of their terrified faces in a mass of screeching and squawking. Out of the corner of her eye, Jade saw a flailing Poseidon vanish into the blur of talons as well.

Jade screeched a primal roar, flinging herself at the nearest harpies, not willing to run and cower like last time. Killing herself now would bring less pain than if she kept on living. Jade fell into the mass of feathers and felt a sharp thing digging into her side, and winced. Jade started flailing around, clawing at the air, desperate to catch anything. . . anything.

"Jade, wake up." Came a hazy, muffled voice through the pain in her head. Jade blinked and the chaotic, horrid scene around her fuzzed a little bit. "Jade! Wake up, NOW!" Jade gasped and launched herself to her feet, snapping into the real world again. Jade's forehead was wet and sweaty, and her arms ached even though she had just been sleeping.

Jade blinked again and shook her head, trying to shake off the last hazes of the dream. Poseidon was standing over her, looking concerned, with Opal at her side with wide eyes and an expression that seemed stuck between scared, surprised, and amazed. Zaffer was crouching next to her, too, with his still Unnamed dark-tufted sparrowmouse cuddled up against his side, but Jade noticed him favoring his right shoulder, though the young imperial didn't seem to be bleeding.

"Is something wrong?" Poseidon asked, his face wreathed with concern. "You were flipping out and clawing things in your sleep." He nodded towards Zaffer, who guiltily dicked his head. Jade was suddenly struck with an understanding as sharp as a harpy's claws. "Zaffer, are you okay?" She asked, swarming up to him. The sparrowmouse squeaked in protest, but stayed put. "Yeah." Zaffer mumbled. "Oh, it wasn't your fault." Jade said, feeling guilt flooding her own mind. "I really didn't know what I was doing."

Jade leaned forward and embraced him, catching the sparrowmouse in her hug too, and pulling Opal into it with her tail. She could never loose them. She never wanted to feel the feeling she had felt in the dream again, especially it it was going to be real. Jade sighed and hugged the two dragons tighter. Opal hugged her back, squeezing her neck with surprising strength for a dragon her age, and Zaffer soon followed, his whole body seeming to relax.

Eventually Jade sat back and curled her tail around her legs, feeling a lot better than she had in a long while. "What was so crazy in your dream that made you flip out like that?" Poseidon asked from the side of the cramped bamboo hut. Jade took a deep breath, then launched into what she had seen in her subconsciousness. "That's harsh." Poseidon murmured. Opal fluttered her wings nervously. "I really hope you're okay." She squeaked.

"I'm fine." Jade said, a smile cracking her depressed expression. Then something happened outside, and a weird noise could be heard. As if something had stepped on a stick of bamboo and slipped, sending it skidding across the ground. Poseidon leaped outside the bamboo hut, his teeth bared and claws flexed, ready to fight.

Jade gently nudged the two hatchling to the back of the hut and slid up to Poseidon, peeking around his splayed feathers to catch a glimpse to the intruder. It was a spiral like herself, but the intruder was male with eyes a deep purple, and scales that were dark as night streaked with a stripe of light color. He was a lithe, handsome dragon, but was wearing an expression that looked somewhat aggravated and somewhat guilty. And a bit surprised, too.

"Who are you?" Poseidon growled. The stranger slipped down the mask he wore over his face to speak, his eyes flashing anxiously beneath his hood. "I'm Janus." He said in a rich but raspy voice. "I became a refugee after my old tribe was taken over by cruel mirrors working with the serthis."

Jade immediately felt drawn to this dragon. Probably because what he described sounded so similar to what Jade had witnessed, and he must have gone through the same pain as her. Poseidon didn't drop his hostile scowl, though. "And why are you here, in the middle of the night?" Janus had a neutral expression on his face, but it was now interwoven with worry.

"I wandered into these woods after crossing the Sea of a Thousand Currents. I wanted to avoid the Abiding Boneyard, and I'm trying to decide where to go now." Jade felt a flash of pity for this spiral, but Janus only shrugged at his own explanation. He rubbed a spot on his neck where the scaled seemed to have been punctured multiple times. "I only barely managed to make it over without the Maren having my head."

Opal suddenly popped up behind Jade, causing her to leap back into the open, where janus could get a clear look at her. "Who's the new purple dragon?" Opal asked in a loud whisper. "Does he want to stay in the fort too?" Janus smiled at Jade and Opal, and Jade felt her scales get all prickly. "That would be quite nice." He agreed with a small smile.

"Hold on." Poseidon cut in with a frown. "How do we know you're not dangerous?" Janus turned his gaze to the Coatl. "Because I do not nearly have enough energy to fight." He explained. "You, who are well fed and energized, could easily subdue me if I tried anything on your friends there. Not that I would." He added.

"Just let him." Jade whispered into Poseidon's ear. Poseidon sighed and reluctantly nodded, stepping back into the fort and signaling Janus to follow him inside. Janus slithered after his gratefully, shooting Jade a grateful smile and a wink as he passed. Jade froze, trying to squash a smile that was attempting to sneak onto her face.

zaffer flinched when janus entered the little hut, but the spiral's purple eyes lit up at the sight of the sparrowmouse at Zaffer's side. "I've seen many of these before." Janus excplained.
He waved at the pointed crest atop the sparrowmouse's head. "This one's a male. Female's crests are split in the middle."

Zaffer suddenly seemed less nervous, nodding along to Janus' explanation. "They were often a nuisance to the dragon who grew the crops to feed the clan." A dark frown flickered across his face one moment, but was gone the next. Jade felt all too familiar with this feeling. "Does he have a name?" Janus asked politely.

"Erm. . . I've been thinking about some." Zaffer replied awkwardly. "But since I know he's a boy now I guess I have to choose now. Um. . ." The five dragons stood in silence for a bit, until Zaffer's eyes lit up. "Would Ash be good?" He asked. The sparrowmouse squeaked agreeably and started pecking Zaffer's wing with interest. Janus laughed. "I guess that's a yes." He said, and Zaffer laughed at Ash's bird-like actions.

Opal did a weird giggle-snort along with him, and Jade found herself laughing along with them, too. She awkwardly snapped her jaws shut, but no one seemed to notice. "All right, that's plenty of excitement for one night." Poseidon said, stepping in with a serious look on his face. though guessing from the twinkle in his eye, Jade could tell he was laughing along with the rest of them earlier.

Poseidon turned his gaze to Janus, though the twinkle wasn't visible anymore. "Don't you dare hurt any of them." He hissed. Janus put with claws up innocently, his face solemn. "I swear by the soul of the Shadowbinder." He replied, dead-serious.

Poseidon nodded and settled down, and Opal curled into her usual chinchilla form beside Jade.
Ash fluttered onto Zaffer's back, and the dragon laughed a bit before settling himself against the wall, far away from Jade, she realized with a strong pang of guilt. Janus caught her gaze and gaze her a sly smile before curling himself up on the ground.

Jade hurriedly looked away and rested her own head on her wings, an exciting, numbing, jittery feeling suddenly coursing though her body. She managed to settle herself with This was an eventful night. just as her eyelids began to droop. I think I'll sleep soundly this time.

@AmberHive @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125
@KallyPaige @Skyeset
Ta-da! I wanted Opal to refer to Janus as another giant purple noodle, but had to restrain myself on that one XD I really hope you all enjoyed! I'll be sure to post the art really soon!!! Also, Janus coincidentally happened to be a shadow dragon and know about sparrowmice, or else I would have had Poseidon know about that :) I guess you all know my future plans for Jade now >w<
LuvWEAe.png tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.png
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
@Moonsong48
I ship them too ;P And i'll be sure Opal refers to Janus as a giant purple noodle in the future XD
@Moonsong48
I ship them too ;P And i'll be sure Opal refers to Janus as a giant purple noodle in the future XD
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset Art is here everybody!!! Zaffer and his pal Ash ^w^ [img]https://pre15.deviantart.net/cfb3/th/pre/i/2017/226/b/8/rushed__by_rorrx-dbk2ujm.png[/img] @AmberHive Thx again for doing this :D
@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125
@KallyPaige @Skyeset
Art is here everybody!!! Zaffer and his pal Ash ^w^
rushed__by_rorrx-dbk2ujm.png
@AmberHive Thx again for doing this :D
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
@Aetherstorm
welcome! anytime!
@Aetherstorm
welcome! anytime!
15584.png21402.png3083.png22391.pngshe/her- bi dom crazy +1 FR time
@Moonsong48
oh thank you!
@Moonsong48
oh thank you!
@AmberHive
I'm seriously glad I stumbled upon someone who is so good at art XD
@AmberHive
I'm seriously glad I stumbled upon someone who is so good at art XD
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
@Aetherstorm
aww thanks... <3
@Aetherstorm
aww thanks... <3
[center][item=blackworm] (Coli! I'll be doing it with Opal, Janus, and Jade this time.) [b]Day 6:[/b] [b]"Show us your magic, show us your magic!"[/b] Opal chanted at Janus. Zaffer was sitting beside her, his head tucked under one wing. [i]Probably because he hates his magic.[/i] Jade thought. The young Imperial was always sensitive about the topic of magic. Ash was digging his beak into the ground searching for greenworms nearby. [b]"Okay, [i]Opal[/i]."[/b] Janus said, grinning. He said Opal's name with a meaning, probably because he had only recently learned all of their names and wanted to get them right. [b]"Watch this."[/b] Janus turned around to face the shadows that were splayed across the ground from the bamboo. They were light, but they were there. Janus narrowed his eyes, which seemed to glow darker, if that was even possible. The bamboo's shadows abruptly darkened, so much that you could only just tell that they were shadows, and not just a black patch of grass. Opal ran over and placed one of her front paws into the patch of grass covered by shadow. [b]"Whoa, cool!"[/b] She said enthusiastically, felling around some more. All of a sudden, where her scales came in contact with the greenery below, the grass instantly grew and extra foot. [b]"Ahh!"[/b] Opal cried, leaping back. Janus smiled at her reaction to the magic. [b]"I guess your being excited took over your magic for a second there."[/b] He said with a smile. Zaffer cringed back slightly at these words, but no one except Jade seemed to notice. She would have walked up and comforted the socially awkward Imperial, but Poseidon beat her to it. But he talked to Janus instead. [b]"So all you can do is make shadows darker?"[/b] He asked, his face neutral. Jade could easily tell he was still wary about having Janus amongst them. Janus shook his head, either oblivious to Poseidon's hostility or bluntly ignoring it. [b]"I can also do this."[/b] Janus said, raising his talons. With that, a blob of darkness spread out from Janus' spot, so dark you could barley see his scales. It quickly enveloped the whole clearing, and the clearing only. A shadow of grin was visible on Janus' face. [b]"And this."[/b] Janus repeated. He blinked once and he disappeared, only empty air visible where the shape of a spiral used to be. Poseidon suddenly leaped forward with a yelp, and Jade felt something whoosh by her snout, though she didn't see anything. Ash didn't seem bothered by the abrupt darkness though. The little sparrowmouse seemed to be enjoying it. She tried squinting around the clearing, but could only see the startled faces of Zaffer, Opal, and Poseidon. Janus was nowhere to be found. Jade blinked, and the clearing was light again, not a speck of shadow was out of place. Even the ones that Janus had previously darkened were back at their previous state. Janus was coiled up in the center of the clearing again, smirking mischievously. [b]"Making the whole clearing dark is called Umbrakinesis, and I did a cool thing where you bend the darkness around yourself to make yourself look invisible for that other part."[/b] Janus explained cooly. [b]"I can also shadow travel, but I want to be careful with my magic, so I shouldn't show you that right now."[/b] Poseidon nodded shakily. He was obviously still rattled. Opal scurried over to Jade's side. [b]"The giant purple noodle can be [i]invisible[/i]!"[/b] She said in a whisper, as if Jade hadn't seen it with her own eyes. Jade nodded back to her. [b]"I know."[/b] She said. [b]"But his name is Janus. And he's a dragon. About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."[/b] Jade thought about what she had said for a moment. [b]"Scratch that."[/b] She said quickly. [b]"He's not a giant purple noodle [i]at all[/i]."[/b] Opal gave her a skeptical look, as if she didn't fully believe it. [b]"Oh, okay then."[/b] Jade looked up and saw Janus staring at the two of them, an amused twinkle in his eyes. Jade felt heat rush into her cheeks and looked away hurriedly. Opal looked back and forth between them for a moment, then a knowing smile spread across her face. She didn't say anything, but Jade suddenly felt very exposed. [i]Oh, Windsinger.[/i] Jade pleaded, caught between laughing with amusement because Opal noticed or crying out in distress because Opal noticed. [i]Don't let her blab about it too early.[/i] -----[/center] @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @PrussianWizards Sorry that this is exceptionally short, but I still hope you like it! And yep, it's pretty obvious that Jade has a crush on janus now XD

(Coli! I'll be doing it with Opal, Janus, and Jade this time.)

Day 6:
"Show us your magic, show us your magic!" Opal chanted at Janus. Zaffer was sitting beside her, his head tucked under one wing. Probably because he hates his magic. Jade thought. The young Imperial was always sensitive about the topic of magic. Ash was digging his beak into the ground searching for greenworms nearby.

"Okay, Opal." Janus said, grinning. He said Opal's name with a meaning, probably because he had only recently learned all of their names and wanted to get them right. "Watch this." Janus turned around to face the shadows that were splayed across the ground from the bamboo. They were light, but they were there.

Janus narrowed his eyes, which seemed to glow darker, if that was even possible. The bamboo's shadows abruptly darkened, so much that you could only just tell that they were shadows, and not just a black patch of grass. Opal ran over and placed one of her front paws into the patch of grass covered by shadow.

"Whoa, cool!" She said enthusiastically, felling around some more. All of a sudden, where her scales came in contact with the greenery below, the grass instantly grew and extra foot. "Ahh!" Opal cried, leaping back. Janus smiled at her reaction to the magic. "I guess your being excited took over your magic for a second there." He said with a smile. Zaffer cringed back slightly at these words, but no one except Jade seemed to notice.

She would have walked up and comforted the socially awkward Imperial, but Poseidon beat her to it. But he talked to Janus instead. "So all you can do is make shadows darker?" He asked, his face neutral. Jade could easily tell he was still wary about having Janus amongst them. Janus shook his head, either oblivious to Poseidon's hostility or bluntly ignoring it.

"I can also do this." Janus said, raising his talons. With that, a blob of darkness spread out from Janus' spot, so dark you could barley see his scales. It quickly enveloped the whole clearing, and the clearing only. A shadow of grin was visible on Janus' face.

"And this." Janus repeated. He blinked once and he disappeared, only empty air visible where the shape of a spiral used to be. Poseidon suddenly leaped forward with a yelp, and Jade felt something whoosh by her snout, though she didn't see anything. Ash didn't seem bothered by the abrupt darkness though. The little sparrowmouse seemed to be enjoying it.

She tried squinting around the clearing, but could only see the startled faces of Zaffer, Opal, and Poseidon. Janus was nowhere to be found. Jade blinked, and the clearing was light again, not a speck of shadow was out of place. Even the ones that Janus had previously darkened were back at their previous state. Janus was coiled up in the center of the clearing again, smirking mischievously.

"Making the whole clearing dark is called Umbrakinesis, and I did a cool thing where you bend the darkness around yourself to make yourself look invisible for that other part." Janus explained cooly. "I can also shadow travel, but I want to be careful with my magic, so I shouldn't show you that right now."

Poseidon nodded shakily. He was obviously still rattled. Opal scurried over to Jade's side. "The giant purple noodle can be invisible!" She said in a whisper, as if Jade hadn't seen it with her own eyes. Jade nodded back to her. "I know." She said. "But his name is Janus. And he's a dragon. About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."

Jade thought about what she had said for a moment. "Scratch that." She said quickly. "He's not a giant purple noodle at all." Opal gave her a skeptical look, as if she didn't fully believe it. "Oh, okay then."

Jade looked up and saw Janus staring at the two of them, an amused twinkle in his eyes. Jade felt heat rush into her cheeks and looked away hurriedly. Opal looked back and forth between them for a moment, then a knowing smile spread across her face. She didn't say anything, but Jade suddenly felt very exposed.

Oh, Windsinger. Jade pleaded, caught between laughing with amusement because Opal noticed or crying out in distress because Opal noticed. Don't let her blab about it too early.

@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @PrussianWizards
Sorry that this is exceptionally short, but I still hope you like it! And yep, it's pretty obvious that Jade has a crush on janus now XD
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
@Moonsong48 Thanks youse!!! I'm glad you like the sentence. I actually got inspiration from one of your posts: [quote name="Moonsong48" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^ [/quote] I do too!!! I know right, they grow up so fast :D But in the pinkerlocke, they're actually [i]half[/i]-grown. We wouldn't want them growing up too fast now, would we? XD
@Moonsong48
Thanks youse!!! I'm glad you like the sentence. I actually got inspiration from one of your posts:
Moonsong48 wrote on 2017-08-14:
I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^
I do too!!!

I know right, they grow up so fast :D But in the pinkerlocke, they're actually half-grown. We wouldn't want them growing up too fast now, would we? XD
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
Also, just changed the Pinkerlocke name to something that suits it a whole lot better :D
Hope you all will enjoy "The Wandering Winds" in the future!!!
Thank you @Spottedleaf125 for helping me with names!
Also, just changed the Pinkerlocke name to something that suits it a whole lot better :D
Hope you all will enjoy "The Wandering Winds" in the future!!!
Thank you @Spottedleaf125 for helping me with names!
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 240 241