Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 240 241
AND they're both light pink ^w^
AND they're both light pink ^w^
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
Not to change the topic , but I have an excellent presentation as to why Romeost Is the best ship.

EXHIBIT A
Q1iy1gU.png
*Bows*
I'm done here.
Not to change the topic , but I have an excellent presentation as to why Romeost Is the best ship.

EXHIBIT A
Q1iy1gU.png
*Bows*
I'm done here.
tjyjq28.png v20KC4X.png
Ok yes
Romeost is the best ship
Although I also love Opaugust.
Ok yes
Romeost is the best ship
Although I also love Opaugust.
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@CrAZDragon Glorious. Really, truly glorious. [size=1][s]Even though it probably won't be canon[/s][/size] [img]https://image.ibb.co/hFgR6S/Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_5_27_36_PM.png[/img] I'm on the Opaugust side, so I remain neutral, but I curse the fact that I don't have the slightest idea of how to work photoshop >:P
@CrAZDragon
Glorious. Really, truly glorious. Even though it probably won't be canon
Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_5_27_36_PM.png
I'm on the Opaugust side, so I remain neutral, but I curse the fact that I don't have the slightest idea of how to work photoshop >:P
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
Yeah... Very sad. They would be perfect together <3

By the way, do you happen to play Pokefarm?
Yeah... Very sad. They would be perfect together <3

By the way, do you happen to play Pokefarm?
tjyjq28.png v20KC4X.png
I did, but then my signature needed some clearing up, and literally NOTHING HAPPENED with my pokémon, so I quit.
I did, but then my signature needed some clearing up, and literally NOTHING HAPPENED with my pokémon, so I quit.
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
[quote name="Aetherstorm" date="2018-02-14 09:00:00" ] @CrAZDragon Oh yeah, forgot about the pronunciation XP It's pronounced "Mew", like the Pokemon. So technically it's pronounced My-oo (with the `y` sound, not the `i` sound). Like combining "me" and "you" into "Meyou" or something odd like that. English is SO WEIRD! [/quote] “Set” has 464 definitions in the Oxford English Dictionary. But NPR says “run” has 645…. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS WE CALL “ENGLISH?” Also, think of the amount of times we use “dead.” Hmmm…. dead-on, dead center, dead as a doornail, dead water, dead circuit, dead loss… it just goes on and on and on. PS: Credit to [url=https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Field-Words-Sheldon-Harper/dp/0615438571]Let's Romp in the Field of Words[/url], the absolute [i]best book ever[/i] for picking away at [i]every little bit in the English language[/i] until there’s literally nothing left to criticize.
Aetherstorm wrote on 2018-02-14 09:00:00:
@CrAZDragon
Oh yeah, forgot about the pronunciation XP

It's pronounced "Mew", like the Pokemon. So technically it's pronounced My-oo (with the `y` sound, not the `i` sound). Like combining "me" and "you" into "Meyou" or something odd like that. English is SO WEIRD!

“Set” has 464 definitions in the Oxford English Dictionary. But NPR says “run” has 645…. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS WE CALL “ENGLISH?” Also, think of the amount of times we use “dead.”

Hmmm…. dead-on, dead center, dead as a doornail, dead water, dead circuit, dead loss… it just goes on and on and on.

PS: Credit to Let's Romp in the Field of Words, the absolute best book ever for picking away at every little bit in the English language until there’s literally nothing left to criticize.
IMG-2420.png
[center][size=7][color=#E50E4E][u]♥Happy Valentine's Day♥[/u][/size][/color] [item=enamored swan] (Whoop, whoop! Valentine update!) [b]Day 32:[/b] Opal and August dodged past two dragons arguing, a heated debate about something called 'Uno' between a nocturne and a coatl. They rounded past a stand selling cheese cubes and nearly ran right into a huge black imperial made of crystal. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38536759] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385368/38536759_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Hey! Watch where you're going."[/b] He growled, glaring at them as he sauntered by. August winced at the anger pulsating from the imperial's brain. Opal glared back at him until the imperial disappeared around the corner with an angry swish of his tail. She elbowed August in the ribs affectionately. [b]"Don't let that guy bother you."[/b] She said, delicately placing a talon on his forehead. [b]"I know it sucks to have such strong emotion reading, but we'll make you better."[/b] She promised with a sweet smile. The love in her voice immediately made all the pain go away. [b]"You already have."[/b] August told her with a smile, leaning forward so they grazed snouts. Opal blushed, but she couldn't squash down a happy grin. "You are awesome." She explained, leaning into him a little. [b]"But we should get to finding which way that mewing hatchling might have gone."[/b] August recalled the memory, trying to remember what the dragon's colors had looked like. But his mind stumbled across something else. [b]"Actually, it was a bit more like a 'Myu'."[/b] He said, dead-serious. Opal rolled her eyes. [b]"Stop being a nerd."[/b] She said with a smile. August flicked his tail from side to side. [b]"That was not nerdy!"[/b] He retorted. Opal giggled. [b]"But I know it can easily become nerdy. Now hurry up. That shiny dude over there seems nicer than the one we just met."[/b] August raised his head as Opal pulled him further down the street, a lot less crowded than the others. An average-sized imperial sat comfortably behind a fancy stand made of white and dark blue cloth, inspecting a rows of wares displayed in front of him. A stunning necklace with a softly cut jewel stuck in the middle hung around his neck. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33144195] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331442/33144195_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Hello, mister!"[/b] Opal called enthusiastically, bounding up to him and tugging August along behind her. The imperial raised his head and blinked slowly at the couple, as if trying to find out whether to be inviting or surprised. This did not phase Opal one bit. [b]"I'm Opal, and this is my boyfriend August."[/b] She explained, settling one wing over his shoulders. August waved feebly under the imperial's gaze. [b]"We were wondering if you saw a little guardian fella with a leopard print running around here somewhere."[/b] Opal finished. The imperial finally smiled. [b]"Yes, I believe I know this 'little fella'."[/b] He said with a chuckle, his voice low and comforting. [b]"Rather well known around these parts."[/b] He explained with a wave of his hand. [b]"Anyways, my name is Shiro."[/b] He said warmly, placing a talon on his chest and dipping his head. [b]"I run a merchant's stand, but things have been rather glum."[/b] He said with a sigh. August's gaze dropped to the goods spread across a neat white cloth, and his eyes immediately caught on something rectangular and musty. [b]"Are those Coral Basilisk Field Notes?"[/b] He asked in awe, reaching out and pulling it closer to him. The ink had faded to a parched brown, cursive and wrinkled with age. they were still readable though, and the pictures were very well detailed. Shiro's eyes twinkled. [b]"Indeed they are. A friend allowed me to have them before she decided to investigate Ember Mice instead."[/b] August nodded along, very delicately flipping a page to reveal a drawing of the difference between a male and a female coral basilisk's beak. [b]"I don't suppose you'd be interested in buying it?"[/b] Shiro asked hopefully. August shook his head sadly and pushed the book back. [b]"I'm sorry. We don't have any money on us. or anything we'd be willing to trade either."[/b] He admitted guiltily. [b]"We're only wondering about intrusions. Would you happen to know where the guardian went?"[/b] Shiro politely tried to fight of a scowl. [b]"There are two places he is known to hang around a lot."[/b] He admitted with another sigh. Raising one claw, he pointed in the direction that August and Opal had come from. [b]"One is an alleyway full of cardboard boxes."[/b] He went on, nodding in that direction. Opal and August shared a look. They didn't need mind-reading for both of them to know that's where they'd find him. Shiro turned in the other direction. [b]"Another place is the park, the only place in Rivermouth where green apples grow."[/b] Opal clapped her hands together giddily. [b]"That's great!"[/b] She squeaked, her wings fluttering. [b]"Could you give us directions? We're rather new here."[/b] Shiro nodded and put on a smile, his spirit's apparently lifted by Opal's contagious attitude. [b]"Gladly! Right down this street, one right, a left. Pass the corner where they sell familiars, and you'll be facing the park gates."[/b] Opal beamed. [b]"Thank you! This has been so helpful."[/b] She grabbed August's hand a snuck a look at the Coral Basilisk Field Notes. [b]"We might see you around again soon! Bye!"[/b] She hollered, pulling August down the cobblestone pathways with her. [b]"At the end of the street."[/b] Opal murmured to herself, staring intently ahead of them. [b]"Which did he say first? A right?"[/b] She asked, meeting August's eyes. August nodded. [b]"A right."[/b] He agreed, turning to the right together. Before they reached the end of the street, two rather burly faes and a wildclaw surrounded by a crowd of dragon came into view. opal's attention was immediately snatched away. [b]"Oooh! What are they doing?"[/b] She asked, pulling August up beside her as she stopped to look. As the watched, one fae with feathery blue scales spiraled into the air, his yellow eyes glowing as the sir was filled with burst of light. The other, a darker green striped one, vaulted into the air moments later, purple eyes sparking to life as wisps of shadow rose from the ground and connected with the light, creating a dazzling shower of sparkles. The wildclaw, who bore pale green wind eyes, raised her claws and a breeze swept through the crowd, whisking the glowy sparks back into the air and forming bizarre shapes. Opal laughed and grasped August's talon with both hands, eyes reverted to the sky. "They're good." August murmured with admiration. making magic connect like that and result in that affect took for work and effort that those dragons made it look. [b]"I see you two are a happy couple."[/b] A silvery voice behind them said. August and Opal whirled around to spot a rather beautiful fae seated behind what looked like a frigid plastic box with an umbrella. Shimmering wings sat on either side of her body, and her crystal talons laced around each other with her petite chin sitting on top, while her green eyes were giving August and Opal the [i]most[/i] curious look. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39486834&skin=0&apparel=23023,300,1871,335&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]"I think we are."[/b] August mused, glancing at Opal. [b]"Are we? Happy, I mean?"[/b] opal grinned and cuffed his shoulder playfully. [b]"The happiest."[/b] She promised. Her curiosity pulled her back to the fae and walked her up to to the plastic ice box. August hung by her side. Opal's eyes grew wide when she peeked into the plastic box. [b]"Ice cream!"[/b] She squeaked adorably, shaking August's arm so vigorously he seriously thought it might fall off. The fae smiled. [b]"I'm glad you noticed."[/b] She said with a smile, leaning back in her flimsy bamboo reed chair. The fae's voice was kind and sort of slippery at the same time, like it was in her nature to charm dragons, but she tried her best to be casual. [b]"I thought I could attract some customers with the show going on and everything."[/b] She said, nodding her head to the performing dragons, who were now doing backflips through the air. [b]"But everyone seems so wrapped up in their magic no one has any time for ice cream."[/b] She finished, placing a hand on her precious plastic box, almost lovingly. [b]"We would totally buy some from you! I love ice cream."[/b] Opal said with a pointed look at August. He blinked at her innocently. [b]"But we don't have any money."[/b] Opal said, dropping her head guiltily. A sly smile danced at the fae's lips. [b]"Oh, please."[/b] She said, sliding the top of the box open and unleashing a plume of cold into the air. [b]"Ice cream seems like something special to you two. It's always in my best interests to help couples get along."[/b] Opal bit her lip and shared an excited look with August, but he could feel that she was hesitant [b]"Oh, but we couldn't-"[/b] [b]"Nonsense! Of course you can!"[/b] She said, picking up a carved wood bowl from a pile, and a large spoon stained with splatters of ice cream. [b]"Now [i]you[/i], handsome sir."[/b] the fae started, waving the spoon at August. [b]"You seem like you could do with some green apple sherbet."[/b] August nodded stiffly, sort of paralyzed by the spoon being woven in his face. The fae beamed, sticking the wooden spoon deep inside the pale green vat of sherbet. [b]"Great! And you,"[/b] She said, turning to Opal with a knowing smile. [b]"Do you eat fruit? I know it's not that common for nocturnes, but insects don't usually go into ice cream."[/b] She shivered as she shoveled out a clump of sherbet as big as August's fist and thunked it into the bowl. [b]"Weird texture."[/b] Opal's wings lifted so quickly, she nearly whacked August in the head. [b]"Last time, I had raspberry rush!"[/b] She exclaimed. [b]"But this time, I'd want to try having something more fruity with [i]less[/i] sugar."[/b] She stared pointedly at August and he unsuccessfully tried to stifle a laugh. [b]"As consolation for my boyfriend."[/b] The fae cocked a grin. [b]"That's so sweet!"[/b] She said warmly with a musical laugh. [b]"Well, we have Seaberry and Charged Duneberry."[/b] The fae explained, shuffling through hidden cabinets and pulling out an actually hand-sized spoon. [b]"But today, we have red Banana, specially imported from the Starwood Strand."[/b] She waved a hand at a tureen filled with rich dark blue ice cream. Opal peered at it closely. [b]"If it's called 'Red banana', why is it blue?"[/b] She asked. The fae smiled, sticking the spoon into the bowl of green apple sherbet. [b]"It's the skin that's red, and the skin is what dragons see at first."[/b] She explained brightly. An odd look flickered over her face, like a shadow from her past. [b]"They don't take notice of the inside."[/b] She murmured, almost as if in a trace. A cheer from the nearby crowd quickly snapped her back into reality. [b]"Which just so happens to be dark blue!"[/b] Opal laughed, but August sensed her curiosity stirred the fae's uneasiness. [b]"I'll take it then!"[/b] She decided. [b]"Magic blue bananas sound really cool!"[/b] The fae smiled and passed the bowl filled with sherbet into August's talons. He fumbled with the spoon's small handle before he got a firm grip on it and spooned a small serving into his mouth, careful not to bite down on the wood. A cool, tingling sensation flooded his mouth, soon followed by a bout of satisfying flavor. The green apple was easily detectable. It started with a sour twist and smoothed into sweet before it dissolved on his tongue. [b]"This is delicious!"[/b] He acclaimed, spooning more into his mouth. The fae smiled gratefully as she began scooping the banana ice cream into another bowl for Opal. [b]"I'm glad you like it!"[/b] She said, grinning with brilliantly white teeth. [b]"I helped pick the apples, you know."[/b] They didn't talk any more as the fae set off to preparing Opal's bowl of ice cream, while August was trying not to eat too fast. Poseidon had once said eating cold things too fast hurt your head. Also, it would be rude not to wait for his girlfriend. Opal eagerly took the bowl of blue ice cream offered to her, tentatively raising the spoon to graze it with her tongue first. A visible shiver went through her body. [b]"This is great!"[/b] She said, shoving a spoonful into her mouth. [b]"Do you make this?"[/b] The fae wiped her talons clean with a strip of pale yellow cloth. [b]"One could say that."[/b] She said with a mysterious look. She looked from August to Opal and back again as if inspecting some very cool pretzel-sticks. [b]"Who are you two by the way?"[/b] She asked, fiddling with the massive wooden spoon as she placed it back down on the surface of the plastic ice box. Opal's eyes grew wide, and August could tell he could have smacked her forehead if she hadn't been devouring amazing ice cream. [b]"I'm so sorry!"[/b] She blurted quickly. [b]"I'm Opal, and this is August."[/b] She explained, brandishing a free talon at August. He smiled with a small [b]"Hi."[/b] [i]"Who are you?"[/i] Opal asked, her eyes bright. [i]Hopefully not from another sugar rush.[/i] August worried nervously, eyeing her almost-empty bowl. [b]"I can't believe we didn't ask the name of the dragon who gave us free ice cream!"[/b] the fae laughed her melodious laugh, genuine laughter rising into her eyes. [b]"My birth-name is Crystalkeeper."[/b] She said with a slight dip of the head, flourishing her beautiful shimmering wings. [b]"But all my friends call me Crysta."[/b] Opal beamed, her teeth stained blue. [b]"That's sounds really pretty!"[/b] Opal chirped. [b]"I'm Opal and my goofy boyfriend is August. We'll be your friend if you like! I'd want to count as a friend to someone who gives me free ice cream."[/b] She grinned. Crysta smiled, though a bit sadly. [b]"That's nice."[/b] She murmured. [b]"I don't have many friends in this town. A few close ones though."[/b] She added with a soft smile. Opal shot her a pitiful glance, as if to say [i]But you can make ice cream!!![/i] [b]"We can introduce you to our friends if you like."[/b] She said instead. [b]"They're super nice, and they like ice cream too! Well, actually, Zaffer is lactose intolerant, so that sucks. . ."[/b] She trailed off, a new thought just now occurring to her. [b]"Oh, for the love of The Windsinger!"[/b] She gasped. [b]"We've gotta go!"[/b] She quickly licked up the remaining clumps of ice cream in her bowl and gently laid it back on the roof of the plastic box. [b]"We're supposed to meet up with some friends to find something. Or, someone."[/b] She explained hurriedly. Crysta surveyed them with a mix of amusement and longing. [b]"August, hurry up! We need to tell the others where to find Myu!"[/b] August felt like he'd been stabbed in the brain with a stick. He hurriedly followed Opal's example and placed his bowl neatly on top of hers. [b]"That's for the sherbet."[/b] He said, somewhat awkwardly, he could feel a spot of sherbet smeared onto his chin. Opal was feverishly trying to rub a spot of blue off of her nose. She gave up halfway through and grabbed August's talons. [b]"Come on!"[/b] She urged, her eyes and mind betraying open panic. [b]"Thank you for the ice cream!"[/b] She hollered back to Crysta, who waved after them wistfully. [b]"We'll try to find you again!"[/b] Opal promised, pulling August around a left corner and vanishing into another street. [b]"Hopefully, young mages."[/b] She murmured quietly to herself, reverting her attention back to the show of magic sparkles.[/center] ------- @AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn @Bitterbluesky @ThornOfStorm130 @RedFennel I think I might take a little break after this one, guys. It was exhausting ;P Anyways, Crysta is now what I'm going to call a Destiny Dragon. They usually come in on holidays, and you get to see a little bit or foreshadowing and their personality, and then the audience gets to pick whether they want to add this dragon to the main cast, or never see them again. My birthday is an exception (Because we still have August and all) Anyways, the link to the survey is down in the pic below: [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13MFDUcZLaQFB47GlCIxRS5iQaWknOkg7v43VSb_evd0/edit][img]https://image.ibb.co/guMMqn/Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_7_41_58_PM.png[/img][/url] (Adorable, right?) Happy Valentine's Day <3
♥Happy Valentine's Day♥

(Whoop, whoop! Valentine update!)

Day 32:
Opal and August dodged past two dragons arguing, a heated debate about something called 'Uno' between a nocturne and a coatl. They rounded past a stand selling cheese cubes and nearly ran right into a huge black imperial made of crystal.

38536759_350.png

"Hey! Watch where you're going." He growled, glaring at them as he sauntered by. August winced at the anger pulsating from the imperial's brain. Opal glared back at him until the imperial disappeared around the corner with an angry swish of his tail. She elbowed August in the ribs affectionately.

"Don't let that guy bother you." She said, delicately placing a talon on his forehead. "I know it sucks to have such strong emotion reading, but we'll make you better." She promised with a sweet smile. The love in her voice immediately made all the pain go away.

"You already have." August told her with a smile, leaning forward so they grazed snouts. Opal blushed, but she couldn't squash down a happy grin. "You are awesome." She explained, leaning into him a little. "But we should get to finding which way that mewing hatchling might have gone."

August recalled the memory, trying to remember what the dragon's colors had looked like. But his mind stumbled across something else. "Actually, it was a bit more like a 'Myu'." He said, dead-serious. Opal rolled her eyes. "Stop being a nerd." She said with a smile. August flicked his tail from side to side. "That was not nerdy!" He retorted. Opal giggled. "But I know it can easily become nerdy. Now hurry up. That shiny dude over there seems nicer than the one we just met."

August raised his head as Opal pulled him further down the street, a lot less crowded than the others. An average-sized imperial sat comfortably behind a fancy stand made of white and dark blue cloth, inspecting a rows of wares displayed in front of him. A stunning necklace with a softly cut jewel stuck in the middle hung around his neck.

33144195_350.png

"Hello, mister!" Opal called enthusiastically, bounding up to him and tugging August along behind her. The imperial raised his head and blinked slowly at the couple, as if trying to find out whether to be inviting or surprised. This did not phase Opal one bit. "I'm Opal, and this is my boyfriend August." She explained, settling one wing over his shoulders. August waved feebly under the imperial's gaze.

"We were wondering if you saw a little guardian fella with a leopard print running around here somewhere." Opal finished. The imperial finally smiled. "Yes, I believe I know this 'little fella'." He said with a chuckle, his voice low and comforting. "Rather well known around these parts." He explained with a wave of his hand.

"Anyways, my name is Shiro." He said warmly, placing a talon on his chest and dipping his head. "I run a merchant's stand, but things have been rather glum." He said with a sigh. August's gaze dropped to the goods spread across a neat white cloth, and his eyes immediately caught on something rectangular and musty.

"Are those Coral Basilisk Field Notes?" He asked in awe, reaching out and pulling it closer to him. The ink had faded to a parched brown, cursive and wrinkled with age. they were still readable though, and the pictures were very well detailed. Shiro's eyes twinkled. "Indeed they are. A friend allowed me to have them before she decided to investigate Ember Mice instead."

August nodded along, very delicately flipping a page to reveal a drawing of the difference between a male and a female coral basilisk's beak. "I don't suppose you'd be interested in buying it?" Shiro asked hopefully. August shook his head sadly and pushed the book back.

"I'm sorry. We don't have any money on us. or anything we'd be willing to trade either." He admitted guiltily. "We're only wondering about intrusions. Would you happen to know where the guardian went?" Shiro politely tried to fight of a scowl. "There are two places he is known to hang around a lot." He admitted with another sigh. Raising one claw, he pointed in the direction that August and Opal had come from.

"One is an alleyway full of cardboard boxes." He went on, nodding in that direction. Opal and August shared a look. They didn't need mind-reading for both of them to know that's where they'd find him. Shiro turned in the other direction. "Another place is the park, the only place in Rivermouth where green apples grow."

Opal clapped her hands together giddily. "That's great!" She squeaked, her wings fluttering. "Could you give us directions? We're rather new here." Shiro nodded and put on a smile, his spirit's apparently lifted by Opal's contagious attitude. "Gladly! Right down this street, one right, a left. Pass the corner where they sell familiars, and you'll be facing the park gates."

Opal beamed. "Thank you! This has been so helpful." She grabbed August's hand a snuck a look at the Coral Basilisk Field Notes. "We might see you around again soon! Bye!" She hollered, pulling August down the cobblestone pathways with her.

"At the end of the street." Opal murmured to herself, staring intently ahead of them. "Which did he say first? A right?" She asked, meeting August's eyes. August nodded. "A right." He agreed, turning to the right together. Before they reached the end of the street, two rather burly faes and a wildclaw surrounded by a crowd of dragon came into view. opal's attention was immediately snatched away.

"Oooh! What are they doing?" She asked, pulling August up beside her as she stopped to look. As the watched, one fae with feathery blue scales spiraled into the air, his yellow eyes glowing as the sir was filled with burst of light. The other, a darker green striped one, vaulted into the air moments later, purple eyes sparking to life as wisps of shadow rose from the ground and connected with the light, creating a dazzling shower of sparkles.

The wildclaw, who bore pale green wind eyes, raised her claws and a breeze swept through the crowd, whisking the glowy sparks back into the air and forming bizarre shapes. Opal laughed and grasped August's talon with both hands, eyes reverted to the sky. "They're good." August murmured with admiration. making magic connect like that and result in that affect took for work and effort that those dragons made it look.

"I see you two are a happy couple." A silvery voice behind them said. August and Opal whirled around to spot a rather beautiful fae seated behind what looked like a frigid plastic box with an umbrella. Shimmering wings sat on either side of her body, and her crystal talons laced around each other with her petite chin sitting on top, while her green eyes were giving August and Opal the most curious look.
dragon?did=39486834&skin=0&apparel=23023,300,1871,335&xt=dressing.png
"I think we are." August mused, glancing at Opal. "Are we? Happy, I mean?" opal grinned and cuffed his shoulder playfully. "The happiest." She promised. Her curiosity pulled her back to the fae and walked her up to to the plastic ice box. August hung by her side.

Opal's eyes grew wide when she peeked into the plastic box. "Ice cream!" She squeaked adorably, shaking August's arm so vigorously he seriously thought it might fall off. The fae smiled. "I'm glad you noticed." She said with a smile, leaning back in her flimsy bamboo reed chair. The fae's voice was kind and sort of slippery at the same time, like it was in her nature to charm dragons, but she tried her best to be casual.

"I thought I could attract some customers with the show going on and everything." She said, nodding her head to the performing dragons, who were now doing backflips through the air. "But everyone seems so wrapped up in their magic no one has any time for ice cream." She finished, placing a hand on her precious plastic box, almost lovingly.

"We would totally buy some from you! I love ice cream." Opal said with a pointed look at August. He blinked at her innocently. "But we don't have any money." Opal said, dropping her head guiltily. A sly smile danced at the fae's lips. "Oh, please." She said, sliding the top of the box open and unleashing a plume of cold into the air. "Ice cream seems like something special to you two. It's always in my best interests to help couples get along."

Opal bit her lip and shared an excited look with August, but he could feel that she was hesitant "Oh, but we couldn't-"

"Nonsense! Of course you can!" She said, picking up a carved wood bowl from a pile, and a large spoon stained with splatters of ice cream. "Now you, handsome sir." the fae started, waving the spoon at August. "You seem like you could do with some green apple sherbet." August nodded stiffly, sort of paralyzed by the spoon being woven in his face.

The fae beamed, sticking the wooden spoon deep inside the pale green vat of sherbet. "Great! And you," She said, turning to Opal with a knowing smile. "Do you eat fruit? I know it's not that common for nocturnes, but insects don't usually go into ice cream." She shivered as she shoveled out a clump of sherbet as big as August's fist and thunked it into the bowl. "Weird texture."

Opal's wings lifted so quickly, she nearly whacked August in the head. "Last time, I had raspberry rush!" She exclaimed. "But this time, I'd want to try having something more fruity with less sugar." She stared pointedly at August and he unsuccessfully tried to stifle a laugh. "As consolation for my boyfriend." The fae cocked a grin. "That's so sweet!" She said warmly with a musical laugh.

"Well, we have Seaberry and Charged Duneberry." The fae explained, shuffling through hidden cabinets and pulling out an actually hand-sized spoon. "But today, we have red Banana, specially imported from the Starwood Strand." She waved a hand at a tureen filled with rich dark blue ice cream.

Opal peered at it closely. "If it's called 'Red banana', why is it blue?" She asked. The fae smiled, sticking the spoon into the bowl of green apple sherbet. "It's the skin that's red, and the skin is what dragons see at first." She explained brightly. An odd look flickered over her face, like a shadow from her past. "They don't take notice of the inside." She murmured, almost as if in a trace. A cheer from the nearby crowd quickly snapped her back into reality. "Which just so happens to be dark blue!"

Opal laughed, but August sensed her curiosity stirred the fae's uneasiness. "I'll take it then!" She decided. "Magic blue bananas sound really cool!" The fae smiled and passed the bowl filled with sherbet into August's talons. He fumbled with the spoon's small handle before he got a firm grip on it and spooned a small serving into his mouth, careful not to bite down on the wood.

A cool, tingling sensation flooded his mouth, soon followed by a bout of satisfying flavor. The green apple was easily detectable. It started with a sour twist and smoothed into sweet before it dissolved on his tongue. "This is delicious!" He acclaimed, spooning more into his mouth. The fae smiled gratefully as she began scooping the banana ice cream into another bowl for Opal. "I'm glad you like it!" She said, grinning with brilliantly white teeth. "I helped pick the apples, you know."

They didn't talk any more as the fae set off to preparing Opal's bowl of ice cream, while August was trying not to eat too fast. Poseidon had once said eating cold things too fast hurt your head. Also, it would be rude not to wait for his girlfriend. Opal eagerly took the bowl of blue ice cream offered to her, tentatively raising the spoon to graze it with her tongue first.

A visible shiver went through her body. "This is great!" She said, shoving a spoonful into her mouth. "Do you make this?" The fae wiped her talons clean with a strip of pale yellow cloth. "One could say that." She said with a mysterious look. She looked from August to Opal and back again as if inspecting some very cool pretzel-sticks.

"Who are you two by the way?" She asked, fiddling with the massive wooden spoon as she placed it back down on the surface of the plastic ice box. Opal's eyes grew wide, and August could tell he could have smacked her forehead if she hadn't been devouring amazing ice cream. "I'm so sorry!" She blurted quickly. "I'm Opal, and this is August." She explained, brandishing a free talon at August. He smiled with a small "Hi."

"Who are you?" Opal asked, her eyes bright. Hopefully not from another sugar rush. August worried nervously, eyeing her almost-empty bowl. "I can't believe we didn't ask the name of the dragon who gave us free ice cream!" the fae laughed her melodious laugh, genuine laughter rising into her eyes.

"My birth-name is Crystalkeeper." She said with a slight dip of the head, flourishing her beautiful shimmering wings. "But all my friends call me Crysta." Opal beamed, her teeth stained blue. "That's sounds really pretty!" Opal chirped. "I'm Opal and my goofy boyfriend is August. We'll be your friend if you like! I'd want to count as a friend to someone who gives me free ice cream."

She grinned. Crysta smiled, though a bit sadly. "That's nice." She murmured. "I don't have many friends in this town. A few close ones though." She added with a soft smile.

Opal shot her a pitiful glance, as if to say But you can make ice cream!!! "We can introduce you to our friends if you like." She said instead. "They're super nice, and they like ice cream too! Well, actually, Zaffer is lactose intolerant, so that sucks. . ." She trailed off, a new thought just now occurring to her. "Oh, for the love of The Windsinger!" She gasped. "We've gotta go!"

She quickly licked up the remaining clumps of ice cream in her bowl and gently laid it back on the roof of the plastic box. "We're supposed to meet up with some friends to find something. Or, someone." She explained hurriedly. Crysta surveyed them with a mix of amusement and longing. "August, hurry up! We need to tell the others where to find Myu!"

August felt like he'd been stabbed in the brain with a stick. He hurriedly followed Opal's example and placed his bowl neatly on top of hers. "That's for the sherbet." He said, somewhat awkwardly, he could feel a spot of sherbet smeared onto his chin. Opal was feverishly trying to rub a spot of blue off of her nose.

She gave up halfway through and grabbed August's talons. "Come on!" She urged, her eyes and mind betraying open panic. "Thank you for the ice cream!" She hollered back to Crysta, who waved after them wistfully. "We'll try to find you again!" Opal promised, pulling August around a left corner and vanishing into another street.

"Hopefully, young mages." She murmured quietly to herself, reverting her attention back to the show of magic sparkles.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn @Bitterbluesky @ThornOfStorm130 @RedFennel
I think I might take a little break after this one, guys. It was exhausting ;P

Anyways, Crysta is now what I'm going to call a Destiny Dragon. They usually come in on holidays, and you get to see a little bit or foreshadowing and their personality, and then the audience gets to pick whether they want to add this dragon to the main cast, or never see them again. My birthday is an exception (Because we still have August and all)

Anyways, the link to the survey is down in the pic below:
Screen_Shot_2018_02_14_at_7_41_58_PM.png
(Adorable, right?)

Happy Valentine's Day <3
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
I freaked when I saw Shiro, eeeeeeeeee!!!! You portrayed him perfectly :D
August and Opal are such a cute couple especially when she sees ice cream

The Destiny dragons sound cool, I like it.
can I have a red banana please, they sound fabulous
I freaked when I saw Shiro, eeeeeeeeee!!!! You portrayed him perfectly :D
August and Opal are such a cute couple especially when she sees ice cream

The Destiny dragons sound cool, I like it.
can I have a red banana please, they sound fabulous
tjyjq28.png v20KC4X.png
@CrAZDragon Thank you! I'm glad I got him right ^w^ And red bananas are actually a Flight Rising thing [item=red banana] :P
@CrAZDragon
Thank you! I'm glad I got him right ^w^

And red bananas are actually a Flight Rising thing
:P
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 240 241