Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 201 202 203 204 205 ... 240 241
@Aetherstorm I understand. I get 4 hours of free time a day now that school's starting up, and that's not factoring in studying, hw, and Mandolin. THIS SUUUUUUCKS. :C
@Aetherstorm I understand. I get 4 hours of free time a day now that school's starting up, and that's not factoring in studying, hw, and Mandolin. THIS SUUUUUUCKS. :C
signature_by_cas_a_fras-dcled6c.gif
@Catkidemma

Cool, you play mandolin? How's it like?
@Catkidemma

Cool, you play mandolin? How's it like?
@Tirtouga678 Yee I play mandolin! It's kind of weird. It's like a guitar, only you have 8 strings instead of 6, and they're in tightly-knit pairs. It makes some tasks much easier and some much harder, but it also changes the sound quite a bit. I often get music on the guitar translated for sheet music for the mandolin, since you can do that apparently, but I don't really know how yet :P

What sucks is I can accidentally strum the wrong strings because they're all so close together, but the payoff is that it has a really nice, bluegrass-renaissance kind of sound owo

...I just went on a rant, oops ;-;
@Tirtouga678 Yee I play mandolin! It's kind of weird. It's like a guitar, only you have 8 strings instead of 6, and they're in tightly-knit pairs. It makes some tasks much easier and some much harder, but it also changes the sound quite a bit. I often get music on the guitar translated for sheet music for the mandolin, since you can do that apparently, but I don't really know how yet :P

What sucks is I can accidentally strum the wrong strings because they're all so close together, but the payoff is that it has a really nice, bluegrass-renaissance kind of sound owo

...I just went on a rant, oops ;-;
@Catkidemma

Cool! I play piano and cello (and ukulele for fun), sounds pretty much like the same predicament over here hehe

Plus ur fingers hurt after playing :( esp cello sigh

But the sounds are nice!

we should probably move this to PM
@Catkidemma

Cool! I play piano and cello (and ukulele for fun), sounds pretty much like the same predicament over here hehe

Plus ur fingers hurt after playing :( esp cello sigh

But the sounds are nice!

we should probably move this to PM
@Tirtouga678 My fingers CONSTANTLY HURT after I practice ;_; But its fuuuun

orip you rite
@Tirtouga678 My fingers CONSTANTLY HURT after I practice ;_; But its fuuuun

orip you rite
[center][item=pangolin] (WHAAT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD EAT THOSE) [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/g8qJjp/rsz_logo_drakeharvest.png[/img] [size=7][size=3][i][font=OCR A STD]Update![/font][/i][/size][/size][/center] [b]Day 154:[/b] June walked slowly through the forest, her light footfalls echoing quietly in the silent presence of the trees. Her ears twitched at the slightest noise that wasn't her own, whether the distant chattering of a squirrel or the snap of a nearby twig. [font=cursive]"Luce!"[/font] The nocturne called, recalling the name Aurora always called her son. [b]"I'm gonna find you!"[/b] A faint breeze tickled her wings, a bit too coincidental to be considered something natural. The nocturne scrunched up her nose and turned into a circle, scanning the trees for any glimmer of indigo scales. [b]"You can't hide forever!"[/b] June added playfully, remembering what Topaz had said when it was his turn to find them. The leaves in the trees shifted slightly, and a faint giggle reached June's ears. [i]I'ma getchu now![/i] She teased in her head, her tail swishing from side to side. Using a tiny spike of wind magic to help, June leapt into the air, carried higher as the magically altered breeze caught her wings. Moments later she blundered into the canopy of a tree, squealing happily as leaves brushed by her scales and she collided with very cold, very familiar scales. Before he had a chance to slip away, June leaped on top of her cousin, firmly grabbing his shoulders and planting her full weight directly on top of him. [b]"Ha ha!"[/b] The nocturne chortled happily, her tail lashing the air in excitement. [b]"I gotchu Luce!"[/b] Luce collapsed beneath her weight, practically falling off of his perch in the tree, but he was laughing too. [b]"I get you now!"[/b] The coatl teased back in his musical accent, growling playfully. [b]"You won't get away!"[/b] June giggled, leaping off of his back and fluttering to the floor. [b]"Yes I will!"[/b] She retorted, sticking her tongue out at him. [b]"Nana nana boo boo!"[/b] Luce roared and lumped after her, a suspiciously well-timed breath of wind catching his wings just before he hit the ground, tilting him just the right way so he shot over the ground with startling speed. June squealed with delight and jumped out of the way, feeling a whoosh of wind go by as Luce's flailing talons missed her by a scale. She stuck her tongue out at her coatl cousin, who wrinkled his nose right back. The coatl rose steadily in the air, banking right to turn back around and face June once again. The nocturne glanced up just in time to see Luce careening towards her. He crashed into her with a sharp thud and the two of them tumbled over the earth, laughing the entire time. [b]"I got you!"[/b] Luce teased, flicking his tongue out towards June's face. [b]"You wasn't fast enough!"[/b] [b]"You cheated!"[/b] June protested, flicking his nose. [b]"You used magic!"[/b] Luce scoffed and rolled off of her, flicking his tail with exaggerated haughtiness. [b]"You used magic too!"[/b] He retorted. [b]"We [i]both[/i] cheat."[/b] [b]"[i]Fine[/i]."[/b] June admitted with fake unhappiness, a large grin splitting her face. [b]"That was fun! Do it again?"[/b] Luce grinned back at her. [b]"Yeah!"[/b] He replied, jumping on her tail. [b]"I'll win this time!"[/b] June shoved him off and darted away. [b]"No you won't!"[/b] She called back, flicking her wings. Luce laughed against and raced after her, clumsily fighting his way over the uneven ground and tramping down his instinctive urge to use magic. [b]"Too slow!"[/b] June teased, easily hopping away as Luce tried to nab her wings. [b]"Faster, Luce! Faster!"[/b] Luce flicked his tail at her, narrowing his eyes in concentration. [font=cursive]"I'll show you fast!"[/font] He cried, his natural, humming tongue breaking through his fragile draconic. With a burst of magic that made him feel like something was being wrenched into place in his chest, Luce flew forward, propelled by a surprisingly powerful shock of wind. He was upon June in the blink of an eye, landing heavily on her back and curling his talons around her wings in the span of about two seconds. [b]"Woah."[/b] June murmured from beneath him, temporarily forgetting all about cheating and her voice sounding squashed. [b]"You were [i]fast[/i]!"[/b] Luce smiled to himself, ruffling his wings in a self-assured way as he slid off of his cousin's back. [b]"I [i]am[/i] fast."[/b] Luce agreed, forcing his tongue back into draconic. [b]"You still cheated though."[/b] June reminded him, wrinkling her nose at the coatl. Luce snorted doubtfully. [b]"I still caught you!"[/b] He teased. June huffed through her nose and sat back on her haunches. [b]"But you [i]cheated[/i]."[/b] She insisted, sounding annoyed. [b]"So it doesn't count."[/b] [b]"Yes it does!"[/b] Luce retorted. June shook her head. [b]"Does not!"[/b] She snapped back. [b]"Does to!"[/b] Luce countered. June growled, only half payfully this time, and jumped onto his back. [b]"Does not!"[/b] She hissed into his ear. Luce was now torn between laughing or throwing a tantrum at his cousin. [b]"Does to!"[/b] He continued, twisting around to trying and pry the clingy nocturne off his back. [b]"Does nooooot!"[/b] June practically sang, ducking out of the way of his talons, which groped at empty air. [b]"Yes. It. Does!"[/b] Luce snarled, throwing himself onto the ground so he landed flat on back, in in the process, June. She let out a very chicken-like squawk and started pawing at his feathers in a desperate attempt to pry him off, and in no time the two of them were laughing again. They were interrupted when something hard and sharp pinched Luce's tail. He jumped up with a yelp of surprise, spinning around to face his cousin. [b]"Ouch!"[/b] He whined loudly. [b]"Why you do that?"[/b] June wasn't looking back at him though. Her attention was drawn away to a creature that had drawn up beside them, having been completely overlooked until it had literally sidled up to them in complete silence. It was a crab, with pale indigo pincer-things not unlike the color of June's shimmery scales. It had a large shell that looked like it was carved out of shimmering pale wood seated atop it's back, which was overflowing with all sorts of pretty flowers and bundles of wheat. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/27665.png[/img] As the two dragonets watched, the crab clacked his claws at them, blinking up at the looming dragons with large, dark eyes. June giggled and reached forward, patting the crab-thing between the eyes. [b]"I like you!"[/b] She crooned, seemed pleased when it didn't try to snap at her arm. [b]"I'ma call you Charlie!"[/b] Charlie merely continued staring up at the nocturne, doing an odd little dance with it's pointy leg things. Luce was also thrilled, for he'd never seen such a weird looking creature in the wild before. And it wasn't scary like the evil shadow wolves that had attacked him and Mommy! This was definitely a good thing. [b]"I like Charlie!"[/b] He agreed, ignoring the faintly throbbing pain in his tail. [b]"I wanna show Charlie to Mommy!"[/b] June grinned at him, fluttering her wings excitedly. [b]"And my mommy!"[/b] She agreed enthusiastically. [b]"Also daddy! And Topaz! And Charo, so maybe he won't be so grumpy anymore!"[/b] [b]"YEAH!"[/b] Luce cried, flinging his arms into the air. [b]"Come on, let's go!"[/b] He turned and started bounding away into the forest, slightly twisting the air to his will so it'd let him glide smoothly through the air with minimized hinderance. [b]"Come on, Charlie!"[/b] June told her new friend, beckoning for the crab to follow them. [b]"You can meet my family and my friends and we'll all sing songs and eat crickets together!"[/b] Without even waiting to see if the crab would follow, June turned and bounded after Luce, quickly disappearing back into the forest. Charlie sat between the trees for a few long moments, almost as if contemplating life. Then, slowly but surely, the crab started waddling after it's new friends, carefully stepping between the roots of the trees at it hurridley tried to scuttle after the young dragonets. This surely, was the crab's most momentous decisions of it's life.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Jaycid[/size] Charlie's pronouns remain a mystery >:3 And I can't be the only person here who used to say 'Nana nana boo boo' while playing tag with my friends, right?

(WHAAT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD EAT THOSE)

rsz_logo_drakeharvest.png
Update!

Day 154:
June walked slowly through the forest, her light footfalls echoing quietly in the silent presence of the trees. Her ears twitched at the slightest noise that wasn't her own, whether the distant chattering of a squirrel or the snap of a nearby twig.

"Luce!" The nocturne called, recalling the name Aurora always called her son. "I'm gonna find you!" A faint breeze tickled her wings, a bit too coincidental to be considered something natural. The nocturne scrunched up her nose and turned into a circle, scanning the trees for any glimmer of indigo scales.

"You can't hide forever!" June added playfully, remembering what Topaz had said when it was his turn to find them. The leaves in the trees shifted slightly, and a faint giggle reached June's ears. I'ma getchu now! She teased in her head, her tail swishing from side to side.

Using a tiny spike of wind magic to help, June leapt into the air, carried higher as the magically altered breeze caught her wings. Moments later she blundered into the canopy of a tree, squealing happily as leaves brushed by her scales and she collided with very cold, very familiar scales.

Before he had a chance to slip away, June leaped on top of her cousin, firmly grabbing his shoulders and planting her full weight directly on top of him. "Ha ha!" The nocturne chortled happily, her tail lashing the air in excitement. "I gotchu Luce!"

Luce collapsed beneath her weight, practically falling off of his perch in the tree, but he was laughing too. "I get you now!" The coatl teased back in his musical accent, growling playfully. "You won't get away!"

June giggled, leaping off of his back and fluttering to the floor. "Yes I will!" She retorted, sticking her tongue out at him. "Nana nana boo boo!" Luce roared and lumped after her, a suspiciously well-timed breath of wind catching his wings just before he hit the ground, tilting him just the right way so he shot over the ground with startling speed.

June squealed with delight and jumped out of the way, feeling a whoosh of wind go by as Luce's flailing talons missed her by a scale. She stuck her tongue out at her coatl cousin, who wrinkled his nose right back. The coatl rose steadily in the air, banking right to turn back around and face June once again.

The nocturne glanced up just in time to see Luce careening towards her. He crashed into her with a sharp thud and the two of them tumbled over the earth, laughing the entire time. "I got you!" Luce teased, flicking his tongue out towards June's face. "You wasn't fast enough!"

"You cheated!" June protested, flicking his nose. "You used magic!" Luce scoffed and rolled off of her, flicking his tail with exaggerated haughtiness. "You used magic too!" He retorted. "We both cheat."

"Fine." June admitted with fake unhappiness, a large grin splitting her face. "That was fun! Do it again?" Luce grinned back at her. "Yeah!" He replied, jumping on her tail. "I'll win this time!"

June shoved him off and darted away. "No you won't!" She called back, flicking her wings. Luce laughed against and raced after her, clumsily fighting his way over the uneven ground and tramping down his instinctive urge to use magic.

"Too slow!" June teased, easily hopping away as Luce tried to nab her wings. "Faster, Luce! Faster!" Luce flicked his tail at her, narrowing his eyes in concentration. "I'll show you fast!" He cried, his natural, humming tongue breaking through his fragile draconic.

With a burst of magic that made him feel like something was being wrenched into place in his chest, Luce flew forward, propelled by a surprisingly powerful shock of wind. He was upon June in the blink of an eye, landing heavily on her back and curling his talons around her wings in the span of about two seconds.

"Woah." June murmured from beneath him, temporarily forgetting all about cheating and her voice sounding squashed. "You were fast!" Luce smiled to himself, ruffling his wings in a self-assured way as he slid off of his cousin's back. "I am fast." Luce agreed, forcing his tongue back into draconic.

"You still cheated though." June reminded him, wrinkling her nose at the coatl. Luce snorted doubtfully. "I still caught you!" He teased. June huffed through her nose and sat back on her haunches. "But you cheated." She insisted, sounding annoyed. "So it doesn't count."

"Yes it does!" Luce retorted. June shook her head. "Does not!" She snapped back. "Does to!" Luce countered. June growled, only half payfully this time, and jumped onto his back. "Does not!" She hissed into his ear.

Luce was now torn between laughing or throwing a tantrum at his cousin. "Does to!" He continued, twisting around to trying and pry the clingy nocturne off his back. "Does nooooot!" June practically sang, ducking out of the way of his talons, which groped at empty air.

"Yes. It. Does!" Luce snarled, throwing himself onto the ground so he landed flat on back, in in the process, June. She let out a very chicken-like squawk and started pawing at his feathers in a desperate attempt to pry him off, and in no time the two of them were laughing again.

They were interrupted when something hard and sharp pinched Luce's tail. He jumped up with a yelp of surprise, spinning around to face his cousin. "Ouch!" He whined loudly. "Why you do that?"

June wasn't looking back at him though. Her attention was drawn away to a creature that had drawn up beside them, having been completely overlooked until it had literally sidled up to them in complete silence.

It was a crab, with pale indigo pincer-things not unlike the color of June's shimmery scales. It had a large shell that looked like it was carved out of shimmering pale wood seated atop it's back, which was overflowing with all sorts of pretty flowers and bundles of wheat.
27665.png
As the two dragonets watched, the crab clacked his claws at them, blinking up at the looming dragons with large, dark eyes. June giggled and reached forward, patting the crab-thing between the eyes. "I like you!" She crooned, seemed pleased when it didn't try to snap at her arm. "I'ma call you Charlie!"

Charlie merely continued staring up at the nocturne, doing an odd little dance with it's pointy leg things. Luce was also thrilled, for he'd never seen such a weird looking creature in the wild before. And it wasn't scary like the evil shadow wolves that had attacked him and Mommy! This was definitely a good thing.

"I like Charlie!" He agreed, ignoring the faintly throbbing pain in his tail. "I wanna show Charlie to Mommy!" June grinned at him, fluttering her wings excitedly. "And my mommy!" She agreed enthusiastically. "Also daddy! And Topaz! And Charo, so maybe he won't be so grumpy anymore!"

"YEAH!" Luce cried, flinging his arms into the air. "Come on, let's go!" He turned and started bounding away into the forest, slightly twisting the air to his will so it'd let him glide smoothly through the air with minimized hinderance.

"Come on, Charlie!" June told her new friend, beckoning for the crab to follow them. "You can meet my family and my friends and we'll all sing songs and eat crickets together!" Without even waiting to see if the crab would follow, June turned and bounded after Luce, quickly disappearing back into the forest.

Charlie sat between the trees for a few long moments, almost as if contemplating life. Then, slowly but surely, the crab started waddling after it's new friends, carefully stepping between the roots of the trees at it hurridley tried to scuttle after the young dragonets.

This surely, was the crab's most momentous decisions of it's life.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @L1llysage @RiaFire11 @shirotsubaki6564 @TruthandLies @NovaBorn @Sugarkit @Jaycid
Charlie's pronouns remain a mystery >:3

And I can't be the only person here who used to say 'Nana nana boo boo' while playing tag with my friends, right?
LuvWEAe.png tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.png
GN7UZzu.png TOIp1Fz.png
I said it to hahehre
Also.
I want to ship familiars. But it'd be weird xD
I said it to hahehre
Also.
I want to ship familiars. But it'd be weird xD
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Likes reading, drawing, the webcomic Paranatural, birds, cats, lizards and the WoF series.
Birb_Cult.gif
oh my GOD
CHARLIE IS ADORABLE
oh my GOD
CHARLIE IS ADORABLE
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@NovaBorn
Go ahead, follow your heart, WE'RE ALL WIERD HERE

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE

@ObsidianMage
YES, THANK YOU
Charlie will be the most adorablest crab in the entire world soon >:3

*evil laughter*
@NovaBorn
Go ahead, follow your heart, WE'RE ALL WIERD HERE

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE