Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 240 241
@Aetherstorm Ooh yeah yup (and sorry for interrupting continue)
(*went into a room*)(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)
(ok I'm done what next?)
@Aetherstorm Ooh yeah yup (and sorry for interrupting continue)
(*went into a room*)(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)
(ok I'm done what next?)
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
@LuminusPrime
While browsing the forums one day, I came across a thread that had pinged the entire color wheel, all the genes and breeds, and some other random names. One of those names happened to be RNG, who was a real user. So yea. Weird, right?
@LuminusPrime
While browsing the forums one day, I came across a thread that had pinged the entire color wheel, all the genes and breeds, and some other random names. One of those names happened to be RNG, who was a real user. So yea. Weird, right?
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@RiaFire11 I wouldn't call it weird just strange and I should know crazy or weird. And also I check the RNG (player) who was in plague.
@RiaFire11 I wouldn't call it weird just strange and I should know crazy or weird. And also I check the RNG (player) who was in plague.
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
[center][item=runed tuft of fur] (I FINISHED READING THE BOOK TWO DAYS AGO AND AAAAAAHHHHH IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!! I won't fanhype too much for the sake of spoilers, but it was exceptionally awesome :D) [b]Day 118:[/b] [i][font=Casey]Lost was floating in endless darkness, an annoyed frown quite visible on her moon-white face. [/i][/font]"Why did you bring me here?"[i][font=Casey] She muttered bitterly, her voice echoing loudly through the empty blackness. A thousand hisses sprung to life at the sound of her voice, all emanating from the darkness around her. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"US bring YOU here?"[/font][font=Casey][i] The Shade protested with it's countless voices. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"I think not, foolish one. If anything it was you who prevented us from feeding on our prey."[/font][font=Casey][i] Lost rolled her eyes, calmly floating in the everlasting blackness as if having conversations with angry shade creatures was totally normal. Which it kind of was, for a dragon such as her. [/i][/i][/font]"Well, I [i]told[/i] you to stop trying to 'devour' my friends."[font=Casey][i] Lost snapped back, glaring angrily at the nothingness surrounding her. [/i][/font]"It's lucky that Juno's ice somehow worked against you or I'd be seriously ticked off right now!"[font=Casey][i] She growled, narrowing her eyes. The shade hissed at her again, a cacophony of many dragons protesting in unison. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"You are lucky we share your weakness."[/font][font=Casey][i] The shade spat with the voices of a million dragons. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"If not, we'd be far more powerful and half your world would have already succumbed to our strength."[/font][font=Casey][i] Lost tilted her head, curiosity gradually overwhelming her anger. [/i][/font]"My weakness isn't ice."[font=Casey][i] She pointed out. The Shade grumbled bitterly, an odd noise to make when you spoke with multiple voices. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"You do, in a psychological way."[/font][font=Casey][i] It explained, sounding exceptionally irritated. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"It can't harm you physically, but as we are a huge part of you psychologically, it affects us in a greater way."[/font][font=Casey][i] Lost grinned in spite of herself. The shade's aura intensified in anger, like it was trying to size her up. [/i][/font]"That's good to know."[font=Casey][i] She mused smugly. [/i][/font]"But [i]why[/i] exactly is ice my psychological weakness?"[font=Casey][i] The shade mumbled something incoherent, probably some angry mumbo jumbo from an ancient language. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"It's that spiral fellow you always tend to linger around."[/font][font=Casey][i] The Shade admitted, sounding rather annoyed by the mere thought of him. The smug smile fell off of Lost's face as quickly as a stone sinking in water. The Shade appeared pleased by this. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"He's of the lightning element, isn't he?"[/font][font=Casey][i] It asked, it's tone amused. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"And closely related to the raw power of the element itself as well. Ice happens to be lightning's polar opposite, as wind is to earth and water is to fire."[/font][font=Casey][i] Lost raised her brows skeptically, fiercely trying not to feel embarrassed. [/i][/font]"Your point?"[font=Casey][i] She urged impatiently. The Shade clucked disapprovingly at her, it's voice echoing loudly through the darkness. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"Because of your strong connection to him, your weakness is his weakness, which just so happens to be ice."[/font][font=Casey][i] [/i][/i][/font]"Wait. . ."[font=Casey][i] Lost started slowly. [/i][/font]"So Arion's allergic to ice?"[font=Casey][i] That was sort of a weird thought. Ice and lightning never seemed to be good rivals, even though theoretically they opposed each other. The Shade hummed thoughtfully, a sound that made Lost's bones vibrate. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"So that's his name."[/font][font=Casey][i] It mused calmly. [/font][font=chalkduster][i]"Sounds rather pom-"[/font][/i][/i] Suddenly something that felt like a large, damp sponge collided with Lost and she abruptly found herself lying down in the real world, air filling her lungs and warmth seeping into her cold bones. The darkness and the voice of The Shade was gone, leaving the pearlcatcher confused and rather disoriented. [b]"Lost!"[/b] Arion cried, barreling into her. Lost fell back, the breath knocked out of her as Arion tightly wrapped his arms around her. [b]"You're alive!"[/b] Lost unsuccessfully tried to hide her smile as she hugged him back, the cool touch of his scales comforting after a rather unsettling conversation with The Shade. [b]"Of course I'm alive."[/b] She replied, pulling away. [b]"Why wouldn't I be?"[/b] Arion wrinkled his nose at her. [b]"Because you always get swallowed by the shadows or possessed or something."[/b] He told her with a small smirk. [b]"I'm allowed to be glad you're alive though, right?"[/b] [b]"Always."[/b] She replied, lightly touching his shoulder. She heard a small amused snort from behind her and turned, slightly embarrassed, to find Satira shuffling guiltily a few paces behind her. The nocturne now had glowing white runes seared into her scales, pulsing with magic. Ajax sat beside her, staring at them all. [b]"Those are new."[/b] Lost remarked, waving her talons at Satira. She grinned sheepishly. [b]"I got them from a silver pool thing."[/b] She confessed. [b]"I was trying to shadow travel with these two, but then we ran into something. . ."[/b] She trailed off, looking very self-conscious. [b]"That would have been me."[/b] Lost said with a small smile. [b]"It can happen sometimes while shadow traveling. Very unhelpful."[/b] She added mischievously. Satira blinked at her slowly, a faint grin tugging at her lips. [b]"It was pretty useful this time."[/b] She reminded the pearlcatcher. [b]"One clanmate down. Only about forty-two to go!"[/b] Lost giggled, her tail twitching with amusement. [b]"I was with Juno last before I got. . . sidetracked."[/b] She told her, wringing her talons anxiously. [b]"She has her ice, but The Shade can be unpredictable. I just hope she's okay."[/b] ~*~ Juno ducked and rolled as the first creature lunged, it's shapeless jaws snapping shut just above her head. She righted herself and immediately scampered away, fighting for a foothold on the lumpy forest floor. She could hear the desperate growls and snarls from the creatures behind her, her heart beating frantically as they gave chase. [i]What the heck is happening?![/i] The tundra wondered, the wind rushing past her face tugging at her short fur. [i]Lost disappears for five seconds and suddenly evil shadow creatures exist![/i] Another creature leapt for her and Juno instinctively dodged, it's blurry shape sailing inches past her head. It smashed into the ground in front of her and the tundra balked, digging her talons into the earth. The beast was instantly on it's feet, hungry maws gaping for her throat. Juno barely had time to register anything before she felt her throat relax and her mouth drop open just as a gout of icy wind shot up her neck, out of her jaws, and right into the advancing creature's heart. It fell back with a heart-wrenching yowl, the darkness overwhelming it melting away. The shadows drifted into the sky, eaten away by the ice that had pierced it, and were slowly revealing a shaggy white coat and a gently curved snout. Juno stared at where the bloodthirsty shade creature used to be. All that stood in it's place now was a regal winter wolf, it's pure blue eyes calculating and intelligent. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/989.png[/img] Juno met it's eyes for a split second, some recognition flashing between them. Just then the darkness swelled out of the ground again and began engulfing the wolf's paws. It growled defensively, it's fur rippling with a faint air of power as ice crystals began forming at it's clawtips, covering it's thick fur with the faint sheen of frost. The Shade instantly retreated, hissing bitterly as it sank back into the ground. [i]It has ice magic too.[/i] Juno realized, staring at the creature she'd freed. Winter wolves weren't supposed to have ice magic, were they? The creature raised it's head, meeting Juno's eyes once more. The tundra suddenly felt very in tune with the animal, if that was a way she could possibly describe a sort of magical bond. She could tell by the twitching of it's ears and the swish of it's tail what the wolf was thinking, and what it was trying to convey to her. It was definitely a male wolf. She could see that now. The way he stood, the shape of his head, and even from how he looked at her. [i]Arcturus.[/i] Juno realized with a faint smile. [i]That's your name.[/i] Arcturus tilted his head at her, something odd happening to his mouth. Almost as if he were trying to smile [i]back[/i] at her. Then a low, menacing snarl broke through the air and the presence of the other creatures snapped her back into focus, and Juno instantly turned to run. Then a shade-touched wolf slammed into her back, driving her into the ground. Juno was able to register a flash of thick white fur and an icy chill that suddenly took hold of her when the creature on her back yelped in pain, it's weight suddenly vanishing from her shoulders. Juno flew to her feet, turning around. Arcturus had the shade-touched beast pinned to his ground, his claws and teeth coated with magic-enhanced ice that induced the illusion that he was wearing armor made of diamonds. The wolf under his paws had already shifted out of it's shade touched form, now lying pathetically in the grass as it tried to struggle out of the larger wolf's grasp. However, unlike Arcturus, it was completely black, with fiery orange eyes and a slight build. The shade almost immediately began taking it over again, easily engulfing it. The wolf was at The Shade's mercy, having no way to defend itself with ice like Arcturus had. [b]"Arcturus!"[/b] Juno barked. The wolf's head instantly shot up, rigid and alert. [b]"We have to go!"[/b] Juno guessed that he couldn't even understand Draconic, but could draw enough meaning from her body language to understand what she was trying to say. Arcturus bobbed his head in something that vaguely resembled a nod and leaped to Juno's side, his strong limbs easily eating up the distance between them. The wolf behind them had now regained it's balance and was advancing towards them, it's dark shape blurred and unfocused. Juno whirled around, breaking into a run. Arcturus turned with her, his movements fluid and graceful, and broke into a gallop. His long strides easily allowed him to overtake her, leaving the furry dragon a few paces behind him as he raced ahead. Juno fought down a grin at the prospect of having found such an awesome new friend and put on a burst of speed, striving to get to the wolf's side. Arcturus noticed her and slightly slowed his pace, falling into stride with Juno. She tilted her head at him in an attempt to copy the earlier gesture he had made to her. Arcturus rumbled appreciatively in response, shaking his maned head in approval. Juno chuckled to herself, feeling giddy with happiness as she raced through the forest with her newfound friend in tow. With the help of a wolf, she'd surely find her friends. Then everything would be right again.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @RiaFire11[/size] Ta-da!!! Meet Arcturus. I got him from Pink a while ago, and instead of a new dragon, I decided to introduce him as a familiar! Yay :3

(I FINISHED READING THE BOOK TWO DAYS AGO AND AAAAAAHHHHH IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!! I won't fanhype too much for the sake of spoilers, but it was exceptionally awesome :D)

Day 118:
Lost was floating in endless darkness, an annoyed frown quite visible on her moon-white face. "Why did you bring me here?" She muttered bitterly, her voice echoing loudly through the empty blackness. A thousand hisses sprung to life at the sound of her voice, all emanating from the darkness around her.

"US bring YOU here?" The Shade protested with it's countless voices. "I think not, foolish one. If anything it was you who prevented us from feeding on our prey." Lost rolled her eyes, calmly floating in the everlasting blackness as if having conversations with angry shade creatures was totally normal. Which it kind of was, for a dragon such as her.

"Well, I told you to stop trying to 'devour' my friends." Lost snapped back, glaring angrily at the nothingness surrounding her. "It's lucky that Juno's ice somehow worked against you or I'd be seriously ticked off right now!" She growled, narrowing her eyes. The shade hissed at her again, a cacophony of many dragons protesting in unison.

"You are lucky we share your weakness." The shade spat with the voices of a million dragons. "If not, we'd be far more powerful and half your world would have already succumbed to our strength." Lost tilted her head, curiosity gradually overwhelming her anger.

"My weakness isn't ice." She pointed out. The Shade grumbled bitterly, an odd noise to make when you spoke with multiple voices. "You do, in a psychological way." It explained, sounding exceptionally irritated. "It can't harm you physically, but as we are a huge part of you psychologically, it affects us in a greater way."

Lost grinned in spite of herself. The shade's aura intensified in anger, like it was trying to size her up.
"That's good to know." She mused smugly. "But why exactly is ice my psychological weakness?" The shade mumbled something incoherent, probably some angry mumbo jumbo from an ancient language.

"It's that spiral fellow you always tend to linger around." The Shade admitted, sounding rather annoyed by the mere thought of him. The smug smile fell off of Lost's face as quickly as a stone sinking in water. The Shade appeared pleased by this.

"He's of the lightning element, isn't he?" It asked, it's tone amused. "And closely related to the raw power of the element itself as well. Ice happens to be lightning's polar opposite, as wind is to earth and water is to fire."

Lost raised her brows skeptically, fiercely trying not to feel embarrassed.
"Your point?" She urged impatiently. The Shade clucked disapprovingly at her, it's voice echoing loudly through the darkness. "Because of your strong connection to him, your weakness is his weakness, which just so happens to be ice."

"Wait. . ." Lost started slowly. "So Arion's allergic to ice?" That was sort of a weird thought. Ice and lightning never seemed to be good rivals, even though theoretically they opposed each other. The Shade hummed thoughtfully, a sound that made Lost's bones vibrate. "So that's his name." It mused calmly. "Sounds rather pom-"

Suddenly something that felt like a large, damp sponge collided with Lost and she abruptly found herself lying down in the real world, air filling her lungs and warmth seeping into her cold bones. The darkness and the voice of The Shade was gone, leaving the pearlcatcher confused and rather disoriented.

"Lost!" Arion cried, barreling into her. Lost fell back, the breath knocked out of her as Arion tightly wrapped his arms around her. "You're alive!" Lost unsuccessfully tried to hide her smile as she hugged him back, the cool touch of his scales comforting after a rather unsettling conversation with The Shade.

"Of course I'm alive." She replied, pulling away. "Why wouldn't I be?" Arion wrinkled his nose at her. "Because you always get swallowed by the shadows or possessed or something." He told her with a small smirk. "I'm allowed to be glad you're alive though, right?"

"Always." She replied, lightly touching his shoulder. She heard a small amused snort from behind her and turned, slightly embarrassed, to find Satira shuffling guiltily a few paces behind her. The nocturne now had glowing white runes seared into her scales, pulsing with magic. Ajax sat beside her, staring at them all.

"Those are new." Lost remarked, waving her talons at Satira. She grinned sheepishly. "I got them from a silver pool thing." She confessed. "I was trying to shadow travel with these two, but then we ran into something. . ." She trailed off, looking very self-conscious.

"That would have been me." Lost said with a small smile. "It can happen sometimes while shadow traveling. Very unhelpful." She added mischievously. Satira blinked at her slowly, a faint grin tugging at her lips. "It was pretty useful this time." She reminded the pearlcatcher. "One clanmate down. Only about forty-two to go!"

Lost giggled, her tail twitching with amusement. "I was with Juno last before I got. . . sidetracked." She told her, wringing her talons anxiously. "She has her ice, but The Shade can be unpredictable. I just hope she's okay."

~*~

Juno ducked and rolled as the first creature lunged, it's shapeless jaws snapping shut just above her head. She righted herself and immediately scampered away, fighting for a foothold on the lumpy forest floor. She could hear the desperate growls and snarls from the creatures behind her, her heart beating frantically as they gave chase.

What the heck is happening?! The tundra wondered, the wind rushing past her face tugging at her short fur. Lost disappears for five seconds and suddenly evil shadow creatures exist! Another creature leapt for her and Juno instinctively dodged, it's blurry shape sailing inches past her head.

It smashed into the ground in front of her and the tundra balked, digging her talons into the earth. The beast was instantly on it's feet, hungry maws gaping for her throat. Juno barely had time to register anything before she felt her throat relax and her mouth drop open just as a gout of icy wind shot up her neck, out of her jaws, and right into the advancing creature's heart.

It fell back with a heart-wrenching yowl, the darkness overwhelming it melting away. The shadows drifted into the sky, eaten away by the ice that had pierced it, and were slowly revealing a shaggy white coat and a gently curved snout. Juno stared at where the bloodthirsty shade creature used to be. All that stood in it's place now was a regal winter wolf, it's pure blue eyes calculating and intelligent.
989.png
Juno met it's eyes for a split second, some recognition flashing between them. Just then the darkness swelled out of the ground again and began engulfing the wolf's paws. It growled defensively, it's fur rippling with a faint air of power as ice crystals began forming at it's clawtips, covering it's thick fur with the faint sheen of frost. The Shade instantly retreated, hissing bitterly as it sank back into the ground.

It has ice magic too. Juno realized, staring at the creature she'd freed. Winter wolves weren't supposed to have ice magic, were they? The creature raised it's head, meeting Juno's eyes once more. The tundra suddenly felt very in tune with the animal, if that was a way she could possibly describe a sort of magical bond. She could tell by the twitching of it's ears and the swish of it's tail what the wolf was thinking, and what it was trying to convey to her.

It was definitely a male wolf. She could see that now. The way he stood, the shape of his head, and even from how he looked at her. Arcturus. Juno realized with a faint smile. That's your name. Arcturus tilted his head at her, something odd happening to his mouth. Almost as if he were trying to smile back at her.

Then a low, menacing snarl broke through the air and the presence of the other creatures snapped her back into focus, and Juno instantly turned to run. Then a shade-touched wolf slammed into her back, driving her into the ground. Juno was able to register a flash of thick white fur and an icy chill that suddenly took hold of her when the creature on her back yelped in pain, it's weight suddenly vanishing from her shoulders.

Juno flew to her feet, turning around. Arcturus had the shade-touched beast pinned to his ground, his claws and teeth coated with magic-enhanced ice that induced the illusion that he was wearing armor made of diamonds.

The wolf under his paws had already shifted out of it's shade touched form, now lying pathetically in the grass as it tried to struggle out of the larger wolf's grasp. However, unlike Arcturus, it was completely black, with fiery orange eyes and a slight build. The shade almost immediately began taking it over again, easily engulfing it. The wolf was at The Shade's mercy, having no way to defend itself with ice like Arcturus had.

"Arcturus!" Juno barked. The wolf's head instantly shot up, rigid and alert. "We have to go!" Juno guessed that he couldn't even understand Draconic, but could draw enough meaning from her body language to understand what she was trying to say. Arcturus bobbed his head in something that vaguely resembled a nod and leaped to Juno's side, his strong limbs easily eating up the distance between them.

The wolf behind them had now regained it's balance and was advancing towards them, it's dark shape blurred and unfocused. Juno whirled around, breaking into a run. Arcturus turned with her, his movements fluid and graceful, and broke into a gallop. His long strides easily allowed him to overtake her, leaving the furry dragon a few paces behind him as he raced ahead.

Juno fought down a grin at the prospect of having found such an awesome new friend and put on a burst of speed, striving to get to the wolf's side. Arcturus noticed her and slightly slowed his pace, falling into stride with Juno. She tilted her head at him in an attempt to copy the earlier gesture he had made to her.

Arcturus rumbled appreciatively in response, shaking his maned head in approval. Juno chuckled to herself, feeling giddy with happiness as she raced through the forest with her newfound friend in tow. With the help of a wolf, she'd surely find her friends.

Then everything would be right again.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @RiaFire11
Ta-da!!! Meet Arcturus. I got him from Pink a while ago, and instead of a new dragon, I decided to introduce him as a familiar! Yay :3
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
BOOK 11??
HIVEWINGS ARE WEIRD, THEN
BOOK 11??
HIVEWINGS ARE WEIRD, THEN
0LmIW1J.png
thDLJf3.png
WGZpn.gif THEY/THEM+ HE/HIM
+3 HOURS FROM FRT
TRASH CAN
WHAT DO YOU SPEAK OF HIVEWINGS ARE TOTALLY BAWSE
WHAT DO YOU SPEAK OF HIVEWINGS ARE TOTALLY BAWSE
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@Vyxen
Wat
Wat are hivewings

@Aetherstorm WOLF BUDDY YAAAASSSSS
@Vyxen
Wat
Wat are hivewings

@Aetherstorm WOLF BUDDY YAAAASSSSS
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
KIND OF
BUT THE MIND CONTROL THING IS WEIRD THOUGH
(@obsidianmage ignore my posts. Spoilers :/)
KIND OF
BUT THE MIND CONTROL THING IS WEIRD THOUGH
(@obsidianmage ignore my posts. Spoilers :/)
0LmIW1J.png
thDLJf3.png
WGZpn.gif THEY/THEM+ HE/HIM
+3 HOURS FROM FRT
TRASH CAN
@Vyxen
Please don't write any spoilers here. It KIND of ruins everything for people who haven't read it yet.
@Vyxen
Please don't write any spoilers here. It KIND of ruins everything for people who haven't read it yet.
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
@vyxen
...oh

I’m like 5 (counted wrong) 8 books behind dude
Cut me some slack pls

At least use spoiler text?
@vyxen
...oh

I’m like 5 (counted wrong) 8 books behind dude
Cut me some slack pls

At least use spoiler text?
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 240 241