Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 240 241
*starts cackling maniacally*
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
[quote name="Aetherstorm" date="2018-05-11 18:29:49" ] *starts cackling maniacally* [/quote] Oh dear.
Aetherstorm wrote on 2018-05-11 18:29:49:
Oh dear.
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Hello, Hester! You are a beautiful child (even if I don’t much like mirrors). I’m glad to see you in the Pinkerlocke!

Please don’t hurt her she deserves all the love in the world
Hello, Hester! You are a beautiful child (even if I don’t much like mirrors). I’m glad to see you in the Pinkerlocke!

Please don’t hurt her she deserves all the love in the world
79c13d0f171ef841fa2229d44a5d076914fe2598.png
-art by @owleics
DAY 11 IS UP FOR *THE STRANDED* BUCKLE UP ITS GONNA BE SAD
DAY 11 IS UP FOR *THE STRANDED* BUCKLE UP ITS GONNA BE SAD
Oh my goodness, Hester is so precious. If ANYTHING happens to hurt her, I will not be happy...
Oh my goodness, Hester is so precious. If ANYTHING happens to hurt her, I will not be happy...
lLMJm27.pnge0b8ebcb0ecbb5200f79edf084cf6da0f876ce8b.pngCorgii.png
I swear, if Stiletto or Hester get hurt, I will throw a teacup at Silence.
I swear, if Stiletto or Hester get hurt, I will throw a teacup at Silence.
4MdcPJR.png
[center][item=cursed batling] (Be sure to get this song stuck in your head before you read this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3W5ngVTtRE) [b]Day 87:[/b] [b]"But it's dangerous, right?"[/b] Lost asked, looking worridley at her talons. Arion stood beside her, bobbing his head in a nod. [b]"Yeah, but we'll be really careful."[/b] He promised, lightly touching the pearlcatcher's shoulder. [b]"After all, we know [i]so[/i] much about safely using supernatural powers."[/b] He added jokingly. Lost giggled, often feeling less burdened with her illegal magic when she was with someone who shared the struggle. [b]"So we're trying to do what again?"[/b] She asked, lowering her talons. [b]"We're trying to see what kind of other shade-influenced magic you can conjure."[/b] Arion replied. [b]"Didn't you say you made Opal's vines all black and thorny one time?"[/b] Lost nodded. [b]"So you think I can do that with any kind of elemental magic."[/b] She clarified. Arion cocked a grin at her. [b]"[i]Exactly[/i]. Like mine!"[/b] he enthused, electricity crackling around his curved horns. [b]"Put those away!"[/b] Lost hissed urgently, swatting at the spiral's horns and casting a nervous look over his shoulder. Arion's lighting flickered out, and he ducked his head guiltily. [b]"Sorry."[/b] Lost murmured. [b]"I'm just not used to. . . advertising this type of magic."[/b] Arion smiled sympathetically at her, his tail twitching towards hers. [b]"Are you okay with trying this then?"[/b] He asked gently. Lost snorted. [b]"I may not be a shade magic enthusiast, but I'm not a coward either."[/b] She reminded him, teasingly swatting his wing. [b]"I'm also pretty curious about how it works. And. . . it might come in handy in the future."[/b] She added quietly. Arion placed a hand on her shoulder. [b]"I get it."[/b] He said quietly. [b]"So. . . should we start?"[/b] Lost smiled gratefully at him. [b]"Sure."[/b] She murmured, webs of darkness springing into existence between her claws. Arion grinned, drawing his head back. His jaws snapped open and a split second later, arcs of electric blue lightning shot out from between his teeth, lighting the air up with a supernatural cyan glow. Lost narrowed her eyes, and threw her arms out, feeling the darkness she held inside stir and begin the spill out of her talons. It was cold, pressing all the air out of her lungs as it began hungrily reaching out, groping and grabbing for another source of power to infest and feed on, slowly regaining strength. . . Arion's lighting died away, and the shade fleeting out of Lost died with it. She staggered, inhaling great gulps of air as it rushed into her lungs. [b]"Are you okay?"[/b] Arion's voice asked. Lost raised her head to meet his gaze searchingly. [b]"It didn't work, did it?"[/b] She asked, ignoring his question. Arion squirmed uncomfortably. [b]"It almost did."[/b] He admitted. [b]"I could feel the cold start to envelop me. That was a plain giveaway."[/b] He visibly shivered, clutching his arms nervously as if trying to warm himself. [b]"But I could also feel it making me more powerful."[/b] Arion murmured, almost as if he were ashamed of the memory. [b]"A really ridiculous kind of powerful that made me feel like I could do anything in the world, obliterating anything that stood against me. . ."[/b] He trailed off, fighting down another shiver. [b]"It also made the lightning a little gray."[/b] He continued, as if trying to distract himself. [b]"I'm sure it'd work if we could try again."[/b] Lost tilted her head back contemplatively, balancing the risks in her head. [b]"It. . . it wouldn't hurt to try again."[/b] She murmured hesitantly, knowing full well it could hurt a [i]lot[/i] if they tried again. [b]"Okay."[/b] Arion said, shifting uneasily on his talons. [b]"Just try really hard this time."[/b] Lost inhaled, flexing her talons. [b]"I will."[/b] She assured him, setting her jaw with determination. Arion nodded and turned his head towards a large swathe of space in front of them, lined by the forest that marked the territory outside of Rivermouth. Arion exhaled fiercely, and a bright blue glow filled the air again as bolts were shot from his mouth and into the air. Lost closed her eyes and spread her arms, reaching inside and letting every bit of shade pour out of her, a sickeningly freezing sensation washing over her as the air was pressed out of her lungs once again. Lost could only see darkness, but she felt the shade snag onto Arion's power and combine with it, merging two powerful forces into a legendary weapon that could wipe out half the dragons from Sornieth. Time seemed to slow down, Lost remaining stuck in a realm of darkness, as lightning casually strolled through the air in front of her nose at the average speed of a snail. Lost whimpered, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to shy away from the darkness. [b]"No."[/b] She whispered hoarsely, feeling the shade clinging to her brain, attempting to corrupt her thoughts. [b]"Go away."[/b] The shade recoiled with a hiss, sounding like several thousand dragons were hissing into Lost's ear at once. [font=chalkduster][i]We'll never leave.[/i][/font] The shade protested with the voice of a million dragons. [font=chalkduster][i]You must suffer beneath us forevermore, young [b]mortal[/b].[/i][/font] It sneered, spitting out the last word as if it was the worst insult possible. Lost whimpered, cringing away from it. [b]"No."[/b] She protested feebly, her voice echoing in the vast emptiness of the void she was trapped in. [b]"I won't suffer beneath you. I won't let myself."[/b] Another hissing noise filled her ears, along swooping sounds and a rush of nothingness that made her feel like the shade was circling her intently, eyes of darkness piercing her scales. And without further warning, the shade burst into a song, sung by a thousand voices. [font=chalkduster][size=4][i]As a child, we would wait, and watch from far away, But we always knew that we'd be the ones to thrive while they all die. And now you, you lay, asleep at night and dream, Of all the things that we could change, but it was all a lie. Here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that will break this world. Here we are, don't turn away now, For we are the warriors that will break this world, to dust. The time, will come, when you will have to rise, Above the rest, and prove yourself, the shade never dies. So here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that will break this world. Here we are, don't turn away now, For we are the warriors that will break this world, to dust.[/i][/size][/font] The shade lapsed into silence, as if anticipating Lost's reaction. She stood rooted to the spot, swayed to the song the darkness sang. It instilled her with a thirst for power, and fixated a thought in her head that she could get it. Lost gritted her teeth, struggling to fight off the clinging sense of ambition, the feeling that swept through her at the thought of being able to rule the world with a flick of her wrist. [b]"I-I. . ."[/b] Lost fought to spit out the words, but the emotions were so overwhelming, so overpowering, that she nearly collapsed underneath them. She couldn't bear to deny the offer of such power. That was the choice of the weak, the powerless. The choice of the ones who would surely suffer beneath the shade, and die long, lonely deaths. Then suddenly she felt cool scales catch her shoulders, and an explosion from the real world ringing in her ears as she was thrown back by the momentum. Lost's eyes snapped open and smog-filled air rushed into her lungs. She doubled over with hacking coughs, aware of Arion clutching her shoulders. [b]"Are you alright?"[/b] He asked worriedly, his voice far more raspy than usual, as if his throat was lines with thorns. Lost managed to nod, feeling the shade slither out of her with bitter hissing sounds, leaving Lost feeling drained and weak. [b]"W-what happened?"[/b] She asked hoarsely, fighting to keep consciousness. [b]"The shade."[/b] Arion replied without missing a beat. [b]"It worked. The shade fused with my lightning and turned is about a hundred times more powerful. It was cold and black and everything. Then it became. . . catastrophic."[/b] he waved his talons at the scene behind them. A chuck of the forest had been blown away, and all that remained were thick clouds of ash a charred stumps of what used to be trees. The grass was nonexistent, the earth now covered with ugly black scorch marks. Then a bomb had been dropped on top of it all for good measure. [b]"W-what? But th-that's-"[/b] Lost broke off, caught up in another bout of wracking coughs. [b]"B-but that's why, the-the shade was. . ."[/b] Another cough. [b]"It wanted to-"[/b] She stopped abruptly. It was as if someone had released a few tons of bricks onto Lost's shoulders. Her knees buckled and she collapsed on the ground, lost in a fit of spasms and shuddering. The last thing she saw was Arion's panic-stricken face looking down at her, and his strong but gentle arms grabbing her own. Then Lost was swept away by calming darkness, falling into blissfully quiet unconsciousness.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser[/size] The song was built off the tune of [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3W5ngVTtRE]Warriors[/url], by Imagine Dragons. I just tweaked it a little ;)

(Be sure to get this song stuck in your head before you read this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3W5ngVTtRE)

Day 87:
"But it's dangerous, right?" Lost asked, looking worridley at her talons. Arion stood beside her, bobbing his head in a nod. "Yeah, but we'll be really careful." He promised, lightly touching the pearlcatcher's shoulder. "After all, we know so much about safely using supernatural powers." He added jokingly.

Lost giggled, often feeling less burdened with her illegal magic when she was with someone who shared the struggle. "So we're trying to do what again?" She asked, lowering her talons. "We're trying to see what kind of other shade-influenced magic you can conjure." Arion replied. "Didn't you say you made Opal's vines all black and thorny one time?"

Lost nodded. "So you think I can do that with any kind of elemental magic." She clarified. Arion cocked a grin at her. "Exactly. Like mine!" he enthused, electricity crackling around his curved horns. "Put those away!" Lost hissed urgently, swatting at the spiral's horns and casting a nervous look over his shoulder.

Arion's lighting flickered out, and he ducked his head guiltily. "Sorry." Lost murmured. "I'm just not used to. . . advertising this type of magic." Arion smiled sympathetically at her, his tail twitching towards hers. "Are you okay with trying this then?" He asked gently.

Lost snorted. "I may not be a shade magic enthusiast, but I'm not a coward either." She reminded him, teasingly swatting his wing. "I'm also pretty curious about how it works. And. . . it might come in handy in the future." She added quietly. Arion placed a hand on her shoulder. "I get it." He said quietly. "So. . . should we start?"

Lost smiled gratefully at him. "Sure." She murmured, webs of darkness springing into existence between her claws. Arion grinned, drawing his head back. His jaws snapped open and a split second later, arcs of electric blue lightning shot out from between his teeth, lighting the air up with a supernatural cyan glow.

Lost narrowed her eyes, and threw her arms out, feeling the darkness she held inside stir and begin the spill out of her talons. It was cold, pressing all the air out of her lungs as it began hungrily reaching out, groping and grabbing for another source of power to infest and feed on, slowly regaining strength. . .

Arion's lighting died away, and the shade fleeting out of Lost died with it. She staggered, inhaling great gulps of air as it rushed into her lungs. "Are you okay?" Arion's voice asked. Lost raised her head to meet his gaze searchingly. "It didn't work, did it?" She asked, ignoring his question.

Arion squirmed uncomfortably. "It almost did." He admitted. "I could feel the cold start to envelop me. That was a plain giveaway." He visibly shivered, clutching his arms nervously as if trying to warm himself.

"But I could also feel it making me more powerful." Arion murmured, almost as if he were ashamed of the memory. "A really ridiculous kind of powerful that made me feel like I could do anything in the world, obliterating anything that stood against me. . ." He trailed off, fighting down another shiver.

"It also made the lightning a little gray." He continued, as if trying to distract himself. "I'm sure it'd work if we could try again." Lost tilted her head back contemplatively, balancing the risks in her head. "It. . . it wouldn't hurt to try again." She murmured hesitantly, knowing full well it could hurt a lot if they tried again.

"Okay." Arion said, shifting uneasily on his talons. "Just try really hard this time." Lost inhaled, flexing her talons. "I will." She assured him, setting her jaw with determination. Arion nodded and turned his head towards a large swathe of space in front of them, lined by the forest that marked the territory outside of Rivermouth.

Arion exhaled fiercely, and a bright blue glow filled the air again as bolts were shot from his mouth and into the air. Lost closed her eyes and spread her arms, reaching inside and letting every bit of shade pour out of her, a sickeningly freezing sensation washing over her as the air was pressed out of her lungs once again.

Lost could only see darkness, but she felt the shade snag onto Arion's power and combine with it, merging two powerful forces into a legendary weapon that could wipe out half the dragons from Sornieth.

Time seemed to slow down, Lost remaining stuck in a realm of darkness, as lightning casually strolled through the air in front of her nose at the average speed of a snail. Lost whimpered, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to shy away from the darkness. "No." She whispered hoarsely, feeling the shade clinging to her brain, attempting to corrupt her thoughts. "Go away."

The shade recoiled with a hiss, sounding like several thousand dragons were hissing into Lost's ear at once. We'll never leave. The shade protested with the voice of a million dragons. You must suffer beneath us forevermore, young mortal. It sneered, spitting out the last word as if it was the worst insult possible.

Lost whimpered, cringing away from it. "No." She protested feebly, her voice echoing in the vast emptiness of the void she was trapped in. "I won't suffer beneath you. I won't let myself." Another hissing noise filled her ears, along swooping sounds and a rush of nothingness that made her feel like the shade was circling her intently, eyes of darkness piercing her scales.

And without further warning, the shade burst into a song, sung by a thousand voices.

As a child, we would wait, and watch from far away,

But we always knew that we'd be the ones to thrive while they all die.

And now you, you lay, asleep at night and dream,

Of all the things that we could change, but it was all a lie.

Here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that will break this world.

For we are the warriors that will break this world, to dust.

The time, will come, when you will have to rise,

Above the rest, and prove yourself, the shade never dies.

So here we are, don't turn away now,

We are the warriors that will break this world.

For we are the warriors that will break this world, to dust.

The shade lapsed into silence, as if anticipating Lost's reaction. She stood rooted to the spot, swayed to the song the darkness sang. It instilled her with a thirst for power, and fixated a thought in her head that she could get it. Lost gritted her teeth, struggling to fight off the clinging sense of ambition, the feeling that swept through her at the thought of being able to rule the world with a flick of her wrist.

"I-I. . ." Lost fought to spit out the words, but the emotions were so overwhelming, so overpowering, that she nearly collapsed underneath them. She couldn't bear to deny the offer of such power. That was the choice of the weak, the powerless. The choice of the ones who would surely suffer beneath the shade, and die long, lonely deaths.

Then suddenly she felt cool scales catch her shoulders, and an explosion from the real world ringing in her ears as she was thrown back by the momentum. Lost's eyes snapped open and smog-filled air rushed into her lungs. She doubled over with hacking coughs, aware of Arion clutching her shoulders.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly, his voice far more raspy than usual, as if his throat was lines with thorns. Lost managed to nod, feeling the shade slither out of her with bitter hissing sounds, leaving Lost feeling drained and weak. "W-what happened?" She asked hoarsely, fighting to keep consciousness.

"The shade." Arion replied without missing a beat. "It worked. The shade fused with my lightning and turned is about a hundred times more powerful. It was cold and black and everything. Then it became. . . catastrophic." he waved his talons at the scene behind them.

A chuck of the forest had been blown away, and all that remained were thick clouds of ash a charred stumps of what used to be trees. The grass was nonexistent, the earth now covered with ugly black scorch marks. Then a bomb had been dropped on top of it all for good measure.

"W-what? But th-that's-" Lost broke off, caught up in another bout of wracking coughs. "B-but that's why, the-the shade was. . ." Another cough. "It wanted to-" She stopped abruptly.

It was as if someone had released a few tons of bricks onto Lost's shoulders. Her knees buckled and she collapsed on the ground, lost in a fit of spasms and shuddering. The last thing she saw was Arion's panic-stricken face looking down at her, and his strong but gentle arms grabbing her own.

Then Lost was swept away by calming darkness, falling into blissfully quiet unconsciousness.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser
The song was built off the tune of Warriors, by Imagine Dragons. I just tweaked it a little ;)
LuvWEAe.png lLMJm27.png
WE R DYE WARRIORS DAT BUILT, DIS, TOWN
WE R DYE WARRIORS DAT BUILT, DIS, TOWN
I LOVE THT SONG BJW DQBSHABWEHBDIIGEUHWcs
I LOVE THT SONG BJW DQBSHABWEHBDIIGEUHWcs
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
You need help with something, contact me. I don't care what it is or how hard it is, I'll try and help. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
oh
Oh
OH

LOST NO
PLEASE BE OK
IF YOURE NOT I WILL CRYYYYYYY
oh
Oh
OH

LOST NO
PLEASE BE OK
IF YOURE NOT I WILL CRYYYYYYY
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 240 241