Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth Taxonomy
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
new animals I still need to add -Bony Fish BONY FISH - I think these are carp? [item=Telescope Butterfly][item=Subterranean Goldfish] BONY FISH - need to look up [item=Double Saddle Butterflyfish][item=Four-Eyed Butterflyfish][item=Sunset Butterflyfish] [item=Speckled Hogfish][item=Ebony Hogfish][item=Livewire Endlers][item=Sparklers][item=Blue Buffalohead][item=Brackwater Lumphead] -Noggles and kin Contaminated Ambassador (serthis) Torrent Tricktail - merman -Amphibians and kin Regenerating Reedjumper (frog) -Reptiles Spirit of Wind (snake) Ultimate Buttersnake (snake) Spirit of Water (Turtle) -Birds Spirit of Ice (owl) Phoenix Charoite Burrower (owl) Slight Eyewing (weird bird) [item=Yellow Canary][item=red frosted canary] -Birdkin Spellwrought Ambassador (birdkin, talona, masked) Falconclaw Warrior - bird person Flesh Forager - vulture with 4 limbs Magpie Sphynx - winged cat Raptorik Wanderer - bird with legs and arms Murkmirth Ambassador - talonok -Mammals 1 (non placental mammals, glires, primates, bats) Fanrat (rodent) Rat King (rodent) Spirit of Shadow (bat) Greattusk - elephant Fenfisher Flattail - beaver Radiant flutterbun - winged rabbit MAMMALS-RODENTS [item=Rat Tangle][item=Pale Prince] MAMMALS - I THINK THESE ARE RODENTS? [item=Brindle Muskrat][item=Dustrat][item=Muskrat] -Mammals 2 (ungulates) Spirit of Nature (deer) Ampelope - antelope Longneck Lampooner - longneck Unburdoned Billy - similar to rambra Grassland Skira - giraffe Rockback Charger - rhino Mossy Beetleboar - pig -Mammals 3 (Fereungulata) MistyHallow Agent (faun/satyr lookin dude) -Mammals 4 (Carnivora) Goldfin River Flight (winged mustellid) King Quillrunner - spiky cheetah Runescar Lynx - cat Rabid Grinfin - scaly hyena Aerborne Ambassador - anthro fox MAMMAL - MONGOOSEY? [item=Dustrunner Meerkat][item=Savannah Burrowburrow] LACK ID Toridae (are these plants or reptiles? check the lore) Blotched Quetzeel (eel? or maybe getting a lil close to Nogglekin?) Conflagrant Ambassador (manticore) Lilyfowl - I want to call this a duck but also a duck that breathes through plantlike structures??? will need to ponder Roving Lionsnake - a serpentine lion? snake with paws? Plainstrider Bard - centaur Crystalcourt Ambassador - centaur
new animals I still need to add
-Bony Fish
BONY FISH - I think these are carp?
Telescope Butterfly Subterranean Goldfish
BONY FISH - need to look up
Double Saddle Butterflyfish Four-Eyed Butterflyfish Sunset Butterflyfish Speckled Hogfish Ebony Hogfish Livewire Endlers Sparklers Blue Buffalohead Brackwater Lumphead

-Noggles and kin
Contaminated Ambassador (serthis)
Torrent Tricktail - merman

-Amphibians and kin
Regenerating Reedjumper (frog)

-Reptiles
Spirit of Wind (snake)
Ultimate Buttersnake (snake)
Spirit of Water (Turtle)

-Birds
Spirit of Ice (owl)
Phoenix
Charoite Burrower (owl)
Slight Eyewing (weird bird)
Yellow Canary Red Frosted Canary

-Birdkin
Spellwrought Ambassador (birdkin, talona, masked)
Falconclaw Warrior - bird person
Flesh Forager - vulture with 4 limbs
Magpie Sphynx - winged cat
Raptorik Wanderer - bird with legs and arms
Murkmirth Ambassador - talonok

-Mammals 1 (non placental mammals, glires, primates, bats)
Fanrat (rodent)
Rat King (rodent)
Spirit of Shadow (bat)
Greattusk - elephant
Fenfisher Flattail - beaver
Radiant flutterbun - winged rabbit
MAMMALS-RODENTS
Rat Tangle Pale Prince
MAMMALS - I THINK THESE ARE RODENTS?
Brindle Muskrat Dustrat Muskrat

-Mammals 2 (ungulates)
Spirit of Nature (deer)
Ampelope - antelope
Longneck Lampooner - longneck
Unburdoned Billy - similar to rambra
Grassland Skira - giraffe
Rockback Charger - rhino
Mossy Beetleboar - pig
-Mammals 3 (Fereungulata)
MistyHallow Agent (faun/satyr lookin dude)

-Mammals 4 (Carnivora)
Goldfin River Flight (winged mustellid)
King Quillrunner - spiky cheetah
Runescar Lynx - cat
Rabid Grinfin - scaly hyena
Aerborne Ambassador - anthro fox
MAMMAL - MONGOOSEY?
Dustrunner Meerkat

LACK ID
Toridae (are these plants or reptiles? check the lore)
Blotched Quetzeel (eel? or maybe getting a lil close to Nogglekin?)
Conflagrant Ambassador (manticore)
Lilyfowl - I want to call this a duck but also a duck that breathes through plantlike structures??? will need to ponder
Roving Lionsnake - a serpentine lion? snake with paws?
Plainstrider Bard - centaur
Crystalcourt Ambassador - centaur
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Arinyl inspired by your comment on my profile today I actually re-vamped the thread a little!
@Arinyl inspired by your comment on my profile today I actually re-vamped the thread a little!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
so much new content!! it looks incredible and it's amazing!! [emoji=spider size=1]
so much new content!!
it looks incredible and it's amazing!!
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

As a zoology major, I am absolutely thriving throughout this thread [emoji=tundra star size=1] Time to start publishing some Sornieth field guides lol Keep it up!!
As a zoology major, I am absolutely thriving throughout this thread Time to start publishing some Sornieth field guides lol Keep it up!!
aqLwpCP.png
@Northwyrm Aaw I'm glad I gave you inspiration ahah! ;u;
The natural history of Sornieth will be amazing, that's such a good idea!!
@Northwyrm Aaw I'm glad I gave you inspiration ahah! ;u;
The natural history of Sornieth will be amazing, that's such a good idea!!
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
8b7a2d23-5bfa-11e9-b21c-e39355bb3972.gif
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
@GrimdarkRoxy (I miss homestuck, you username brings me back...) thank you! I still haven't added all the new familiars, but I think my current organisation of the thread will make it easier to add stuff. Also I still don't understand how to classify fish items so they'll be stuck in purgatory for a long time XD
@QueenNala thank you! I finished my batchelor's degree in zoology last year, moving on to paleontology in this september, so excited! Also if you want some practice writing field guide stuff you can practice by writing some bios for the animals with very little writing next to them, hint hint ;)
@Arinyl ye! Although the entire of evolution on Earth seems to fit into the second age stage of Flight Rising's geological time... also magic shakes things up a bit... XD
@GrimdarkRoxy (I miss homestuck, you username brings me back...) thank you! I still haven't added all the new familiars, but I think my current organisation of the thread will make it easier to add stuff. Also I still don't understand how to classify fish items so they'll be stuck in purgatory for a long time XD
@QueenNala thank you! I finished my batchelor's degree in zoology last year, moving on to paleontology in this september, so excited! Also if you want some practice writing field guide stuff you can practice by writing some bios for the animals with very little writing next to them, hint hint ;)
@Arinyl ye! Although the entire of evolution on Earth seems to fit into the second age stage of Flight Rising's geological time... also magic shakes things up a bit... XD
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm
What a great project!
I'm working on a field guide which uses only official information on each species (basically all the info in their description, plus any materials that are clearly from them, plus other items that mention them, plus their origin). It's still a bit unpolished, and it's not complete yet, but you might find it useful.
Part 1
Part 2
@Northwyrm
What a great project!
I'm working on a field guide which uses only official information on each species (basically all the info in their description, plus any materials that are clearly from them, plus other items that mention them, plus their origin). It's still a bit unpolished, and it's not complete yet, but you might find it useful.
Part 1
Part 2
@Rivershard
omg that guide is amazing!!!!! Can I use the information from it (tagging you every time I steal bits/crediting you without an @ if you don't want to be tagged too often) and add links to your guide underneath the link to the visual familiars guide on the first post?
Also aaaaa the item guide is gonna be useful for when I get around to plant and fungi classification!
@Rivershard
omg that guide is amazing!!!!! Can I use the information from it (tagging you every time I steal bits/crediting you without an @ if you don't want to be tagged too often) and add links to your guide underneath the link to the visual familiars guide on the first post?
Also aaaaa the item guide is gonna be useful for when I get around to plant and fungi classification!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm
Absolutely!
@Northwyrm
Absolutely!
I accidentally abandonned this thread for like 7 months and the game keeps updating, arrrg, but at least we have a game database now!
I accidentally abandonned this thread for like 7 months and the game keeps updating, arrrg, but at least we have a game database now!
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|