Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Misfits: Lore and Random Writing
1 2 3 4
Useless update, but I've added my clan to the Lorebrary. See information not covered here in this link.
WEEEEEEE
Useless update, but I've added my clan to the Lorebrary. See information not covered here in this link.
WEEEEEEE
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
THE MISFITS' BOUNTY OF THE ELEMENTS
BEASTCLAN

It's been a long trip.

Ever since news of the Emperor reached the Serthis clan, Naja had been concerned about it. What if it wipes out all of the Beastclans in the Sunbeam Ruins? What if it comes over here? The Wildclaw couldn't help but feel dread at the thought.

The leader of the Serthis clan, the strongest of them all, had decided to send reinforcements, with Naja and her best friend Python being elected to go among other Serthis.

Right now, they were in one of the temporary safe spots with a herd of Centaurs. It seems a wide variety of Beastclans answered the call, from Harpies to Longnecks. There's even Maren supposedly swimming around the waters surrounding Light territory, ready to help if they're in the position to do so.

"What's the beast's current status?" Naja asked a dappled white and brown Centaur, speaking fluently in the language that all of the Beastclans are using.
"Still alive and kicking, I'm afraid," the armored Centaur said, frowning. He was armored, and clearly seen his years of battling.
"Well, we can't let it keep up this rampage," Python spoke up. "At this rate, the entire Sunbeam Ruins will literally become ruins."

Another Centaur, this time a well-groomed pitch black female approached them. This particular one was carrying a bow.
"Sir, we have a dragon wanting to see us."
Naja looked back, it was an unusual circumstance, but not surprising with the current situation. Then she had to hold back a growl at who it was.

A white, black, and red Ridgeback approached them. Is that...?
Naja spoke in broken Draconic, approaching him. "Corundum? Why here?"
Corundum looked down at her with his red eyes. "Aurum refuses to take the fight to the Emperor. So I sneaked off to join the Beastclan to fight."
"This dragon is very aggressive. He often harms everyone in the effort to become stronger," Naja clarified the situation, clearly untrusting of him.
The centaur frowned. "I see."
Then he spoke in Draconic, "Naja informed us of your violent tendencies. Harm anyone here, and you won't live to regret it. Understand?"
Corundum snorted. "Yeah yeah. Now, what's your plan?"

@ClockworkEclipse
BEASTCLAN

It's been a long trip.

Ever since news of the Emperor reached the Serthis clan, Naja had been concerned about it. What if it wipes out all of the Beastclans in the Sunbeam Ruins? What if it comes over here? The Wildclaw couldn't help but feel dread at the thought.

The leader of the Serthis clan, the strongest of them all, had decided to send reinforcements, with Naja and her best friend Python being elected to go among other Serthis.

Right now, they were in one of the temporary safe spots with a herd of Centaurs. It seems a wide variety of Beastclans answered the call, from Harpies to Longnecks. There's even Maren supposedly swimming around the waters surrounding Light territory, ready to help if they're in the position to do so.

"What's the beast's current status?" Naja asked a dappled white and brown Centaur, speaking fluently in the language that all of the Beastclans are using.
"Still alive and kicking, I'm afraid," the armored Centaur said, frowning. He was armored, and clearly seen his years of battling.
"Well, we can't let it keep up this rampage," Python spoke up. "At this rate, the entire Sunbeam Ruins will literally become ruins."

Another Centaur, this time a well-groomed pitch black female approached them. This particular one was carrying a bow.
"Sir, we have a dragon wanting to see us."
Naja looked back, it was an unusual circumstance, but not surprising with the current situation. Then she had to hold back a growl at who it was.

A white, black, and red Ridgeback approached them. Is that...?
Naja spoke in broken Draconic, approaching him. "Corundum? Why here?"
Corundum looked down at her with his red eyes. "Aurum refuses to take the fight to the Emperor. So I sneaked off to join the Beastclan to fight."
"This dragon is very aggressive. He often harms everyone in the effort to become stronger," Naja clarified the situation, clearly untrusting of him.
The centaur frowned. "I see."
Then he spoke in Draconic, "Naja informed us of your violent tendencies. Harm anyone here, and you won't live to regret it. Understand?"
Corundum snorted. "Yeah yeah. Now, what's your plan?"

@ClockworkEclipse
???

Rhox looked out at the sunset, his Twilight Guise pulled up to expose his red eyes.

What are they doing? The beings on the other side of various screens must be doing this for a reason. Gaolers, the Tidelord's disappearance, the First Seed being planted, the construction of the Lightning reactor, the Emperor...it's all leading to something big.

But what?

He heard footsteps behind him, but he knew it wasn't any of his clanmates.
"You're Sin, right?"
Most dragons would be surprised at the fact he would seem to automatically know their names. But to his own surprise, the female Coatl didn't even flinch.
"You would be correct, Rhox," she said calmly.

Rhox stood up and faced her. "Why are you here?"
"YarnDrawcia refuses to reveal that information to you, hmm?" Sin responded. "Very well. I'm here to watch."
"To watch what happens to us?" Rhox let out a low rumbling growl. "Because Yarn wouldn't let you do anything otherwise or because you just want to?"
"A little bit of both," Sin said. "If the being controlling us did indeed want me to intervene, I would prefer to simply watch things unfold."
The blue Tundra snorted. "You overestimate how much you can control your own actions."
"We shall see."

The black Coatl walked away, before turning to you.
"Hmph...Rhox is entertaining to talk to but he believes his own existence is futile to the extent of annoyance."
Sin suddenly flashed a grin.
"But I know you're not here for him, are you? You're here to see torment and conflict befalling the Misfits."
She chuckled, "Don't worry, I see plenty of that in the future, and I'm as eager as you are to see what happens."

@ClockworkEclipse
???

Rhox looked out at the sunset, his Twilight Guise pulled up to expose his red eyes.

What are they doing? The beings on the other side of various screens must be doing this for a reason. Gaolers, the Tidelord's disappearance, the First Seed being planted, the construction of the Lightning reactor, the Emperor...it's all leading to something big.

But what?

He heard footsteps behind him, but he knew it wasn't any of his clanmates.
"You're Sin, right?"
Most dragons would be surprised at the fact he would seem to automatically know their names. But to his own surprise, the female Coatl didn't even flinch.
"You would be correct, Rhox," she said calmly.

Rhox stood up and faced her. "Why are you here?"
"YarnDrawcia refuses to reveal that information to you, hmm?" Sin responded. "Very well. I'm here to watch."
"To watch what happens to us?" Rhox let out a low rumbling growl. "Because Yarn wouldn't let you do anything otherwise or because you just want to?"
"A little bit of both," Sin said. "If the being controlling us did indeed want me to intervene, I would prefer to simply watch things unfold."
The blue Tundra snorted. "You overestimate how much you can control your own actions."
"We shall see."

The black Coatl walked away, before turning to you.
"Hmph...Rhox is entertaining to talk to but he believes his own existence is futile to the extent of annoyance."
Sin suddenly flashed a grin.
"But I know you're not here for him, are you? You're here to see torment and conflict befalling the Misfits."
She chuckled, "Don't worry, I see plenty of that in the future, and I'm as eager as you are to see what happens."

@ClockworkEclipse
A long time ago, at the dawn of dragonkind, a beautiful Coatl served the Lightweaver as one of her acolytes. Her feathers were colorful, to such a degree that she like that a prism reflecting light.

The Coatl tended to her goddess's temple with great and loving care, desiring to please the Lightweaver. Day and night, she would keep the marble temple beautiful with its light and flowers. And she would praise the Lightweaver's name.

And one day, a handsome dragon from the Shadowbinder's domain came into the temple she so tenderly cared for. And though he was a spy, the Light acolyte fell in love with him. He would visit her in secret and give her gifts.

One day, the acolyte had one, single egg, glowing with a soft light. The Lightweaver saw that she had given her love to an enemy and was furious. She denounced the acolyte's name and cursed her egg.

Springing out from the egg was hatchling with feathers as dark as midnight. She was only met with disgust from her mother. In an attempt to appease the Lightweaver, she abandoned her daughter, calling her nothing more than a sin to be forgiven and forgotten. And with that, the Lightweaver accepted her again as her acolyte.

The hatchling was hated and despised by other dragons for being the illegitimate daughter of a Shadow spy. She was rejected by other Light clans for her dark appearance. And so the bitterness in her heart grew. And it continued to grow with each time her name was cursed.

One day, a Shade remnant took pity on her and took her under its wing.
Taking the form of a beast, it told her, "Do not fear my frightful appearance and past. I have seen that you have been rejected by many, so I shall give you a loving home and teach you all I know."

The young dragon lived in the friendly Shade remnant's home, learning magic from it and how to care for herself. She was like a daughter to the being of Shade.

And then came the voices, whispering in her ear.
"Do not listen to her," the voices warned the dark dragon. "She is but a traitor to her own kind. We can teach you so much more than she is willing to."
The dragon began her studies in private in all manners of the dark arts. She learned to raise the dead and use blood as fuel for magic. She could control the minds of beasts, create life with alchemy, and read into the minds of weak-willed dragons. The dragon made thralls of other dragons, making them serve loyally at her side, and she cast curses on those who have ever slighted her.

One day, she enacted her revenge on those who had rejected and insulted her. Four Imperial skeletons were raised, combining to form one skeletal Emperor under her control.
The Lightweaver herself came out the eliminate the threat before it could do any damage, before retreating back to the Beacon of the Radiant Eye.
The Shade remnant found out that it was its own adopted daughter that had raised the Emperor.
Ears flattened and pupils narrowed, it said, "How could you? You have known that necromancy is a forbidden magic that brings nothing but pain to those involved, and yet you have practiced it behind my back."
"You would not understand," the dragon retorted. "You are as weak-willed of a traitor my mentors described you as. Goodbye forever."

The dark colored dragon left the Shade remnant's side forever.

To this day, some dragons insist that you can find the sorceress watching the proceedings of an auction, or seeing a clan tear itself apart with civil war. If you so desired, you can approach her and learn the dark arts.

All it takes is to find the piercing yellow eyes of a Coatl with feathers that are black as midnight.
A long time ago, at the dawn of dragonkind, a beautiful Coatl served the Lightweaver as one of her acolytes. Her feathers were colorful, to such a degree that she like that a prism reflecting light.

The Coatl tended to her goddess's temple with great and loving care, desiring to please the Lightweaver. Day and night, she would keep the marble temple beautiful with its light and flowers. And she would praise the Lightweaver's name.

And one day, a handsome dragon from the Shadowbinder's domain came into the temple she so tenderly cared for. And though he was a spy, the Light acolyte fell in love with him. He would visit her in secret and give her gifts.

One day, the acolyte had one, single egg, glowing with a soft light. The Lightweaver saw that she had given her love to an enemy and was furious. She denounced the acolyte's name and cursed her egg.

Springing out from the egg was hatchling with feathers as dark as midnight. She was only met with disgust from her mother. In an attempt to appease the Lightweaver, she abandoned her daughter, calling her nothing more than a sin to be forgiven and forgotten. And with that, the Lightweaver accepted her again as her acolyte.

The hatchling was hated and despised by other dragons for being the illegitimate daughter of a Shadow spy. She was rejected by other Light clans for her dark appearance. And so the bitterness in her heart grew. And it continued to grow with each time her name was cursed.

One day, a Shade remnant took pity on her and took her under its wing.
Taking the form of a beast, it told her, "Do not fear my frightful appearance and past. I have seen that you have been rejected by many, so I shall give you a loving home and teach you all I know."

The young dragon lived in the friendly Shade remnant's home, learning magic from it and how to care for herself. She was like a daughter to the being of Shade.

And then came the voices, whispering in her ear.
"Do not listen to her," the voices warned the dark dragon. "She is but a traitor to her own kind. We can teach you so much more than she is willing to."
The dragon began her studies in private in all manners of the dark arts. She learned to raise the dead and use blood as fuel for magic. She could control the minds of beasts, create life with alchemy, and read into the minds of weak-willed dragons. The dragon made thralls of other dragons, making them serve loyally at her side, and she cast curses on those who have ever slighted her.

One day, she enacted her revenge on those who had rejected and insulted her. Four Imperial skeletons were raised, combining to form one skeletal Emperor under her control.
The Lightweaver herself came out the eliminate the threat before it could do any damage, before retreating back to the Beacon of the Radiant Eye.
The Shade remnant found out that it was its own adopted daughter that had raised the Emperor.
Ears flattened and pupils narrowed, it said, "How could you? You have known that necromancy is a forbidden magic that brings nothing but pain to those involved, and yet you have practiced it behind my back."
"You would not understand," the dragon retorted. "You are as weak-willed of a traitor my mentors described you as. Goodbye forever."

The dark colored dragon left the Shade remnant's side forever.

To this day, some dragons insist that you can find the sorceress watching the proceedings of an auction, or seeing a clan tear itself apart with civil war. If you so desired, you can approach her and learn the dark arts.

All it takes is to find the piercing yellow eyes of a Coatl with feathers that are black as midnight.
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
CONFESSION

It was a normal day at the Misfits Tavern. Frizz had found moderate success here when the clan leaders let her build a tavern with the help of resident architect Relicta. It was to the clan's benefit, as they're bringing in more visitors and trade. And she imagined some dragons don't want to stay in the crowded lowest room, where the refugees are being held.

The Bogsneak gave a drink to a Pearlcatcher and ignored a Ridgeback's demands for more, as the latter already had too much to drink.
"Ispan, how's the food going?" she called out into the kitchen.
"The Sweet Tinders are almost ready."
"Pass it over here when you're done. There's a few hungry Fae patrons."

A black Coatl entered the tavern and sat at the counter. He looked forlorn.
"Hello Quetzal," Frizz greeted him. "What would you like?"
"Any drink."
"Coming right up."
She gave him a drink that wasn't too weak or too strong, just somewhere in the middle.

"You look like you have something on your mind," Frizz observed.
The normally cheerful Coatl sighed. "It's just...ever since I went to the Sunbeam Ruins, I can't get those images out of my mind."
The Bogsneak listened attentively.
"The screaming. The Emperor. All of the horrible death and blood. Do you know what it's like? To have all of those poor desperate mothers practically shove their hatchlings into your arms? To see blood leak from between an Emperor's dirty fangs fangs and knowing you might be next?"

"It sounds terrible," Frizz responded.
"It is! It is the most absolutely horrible thing! I can't stand it! It haunts my every dream!"
At this point, Quetzal just buried his face in his hands.
"I think you might need some help," Frizz said. "I know of dragons who might help-"
The female Bogsneak was interrupted by the sight of another Coatl, this one with yellow piercing eyes.

Even if she was Water, she had heard stories from the resident Light dragon in her old clan. She was the Dark Sorceress, the master of all manners of the dark arts.

@ClockworkEclipse
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
CONFESSION

It was a normal day at the Misfits Tavern. Frizz had found moderate success here when the clan leaders let her build a tavern with the help of resident architect Relicta. It was to the clan's benefit, as they're bringing in more visitors and trade. And she imagined some dragons don't want to stay in the crowded lowest room, where the refugees are being held.

The Bogsneak gave a drink to a Pearlcatcher and ignored a Ridgeback's demands for more, as the latter already had too much to drink.
"Ispan, how's the food going?" she called out into the kitchen.
"The Sweet Tinders are almost ready."
"Pass it over here when you're done. There's a few hungry Fae patrons."

A black Coatl entered the tavern and sat at the counter. He looked forlorn.
"Hello Quetzal," Frizz greeted him. "What would you like?"
"Any drink."
"Coming right up."
She gave him a drink that wasn't too weak or too strong, just somewhere in the middle.

"You look like you have something on your mind," Frizz observed.
The normally cheerful Coatl sighed. "It's just...ever since I went to the Sunbeam Ruins, I can't get those images out of my mind."
The Bogsneak listened attentively.
"The screaming. The Emperor. All of the horrible death and blood. Do you know what it's like? To have all of those poor desperate mothers practically shove their hatchlings into your arms? To see blood leak from between an Emperor's dirty fangs fangs and knowing you might be next?"

"It sounds terrible," Frizz responded.
"It is! It is the most absolutely horrible thing! I can't stand it! It haunts my every dream!"
At this point, Quetzal just buried his face in his hands.
"I think you might need some help," Frizz said. "I know of dragons who might help-"
The female Bogsneak was interrupted by the sight of another Coatl, this one with yellow piercing eyes.

Even if she was Water, she had heard stories from the resident Light dragon in her old clan. She was the Dark Sorceress, the master of all manners of the dark arts.

@ClockworkEclipse
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
ANTICIPATION

"...Conci?"
"Lapide, weren't you out there trying to sell the necklaces I've recently made?"
"I wasn't feeling up to it today."
"I see."
"I saw what you were wearing yesterday."
"..."
"You're not going back to being a warrior, are you? I remember how you got that scar during combat in our old clan. The one you're hiding under your scarf."
"...I am doing this out of anticipation of the inevitable."
"What inevitable?"
"Lapide...you've seen it yourself. Things are changing, and it's not just the influx of magic or the hatchlings being born with strange eyes. Sornieth as a whole is changing. At one point I'm going to have to fight for my beliefs."
"But Conci, wouldn't it be safer here? You can continue supporting the rebelling blacksmiths from here, you don't have to put your life on the line!"
"...I'm not just talking about the rebellion. The Misfits are changing ever since the First Seed was planted. I'm seeing a divide, not just between the leaders but the whole clan. And I'm on the side who says we have to do something about Nature letting that druid plant the First Seed."
"Are you suggesting civil war? But we've been tight knit since the beginning, that can't possibly happen! Right?"
"It's more likely than you think. I can only hope you stay by my side when it happens."

Blacksmith at War
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
ANTICIPATION

"...Conci?"
"Lapide, weren't you out there trying to sell the necklaces I've recently made?"
"I wasn't feeling up to it today."
"I see."
"I saw what you were wearing yesterday."
"..."
"You're not going back to being a warrior, are you? I remember how you got that scar during combat in our old clan. The one you're hiding under your scarf."
"...I am doing this out of anticipation of the inevitable."
"What inevitable?"
"Lapide...you've seen it yourself. Things are changing, and it's not just the influx of magic or the hatchlings being born with strange eyes. Sornieth as a whole is changing. At one point I'm going to have to fight for my beliefs."
"But Conci, wouldn't it be safer here? You can continue supporting the rebelling blacksmiths from here, you don't have to put your life on the line!"
"...I'm not just talking about the rebellion. The Misfits are changing ever since the First Seed was planted. I'm seeing a divide, not just between the leaders but the whole clan. And I'm on the side who says we have to do something about Nature letting that druid plant the First Seed."
"Are you suggesting civil war? But we've been tight knit since the beginning, that can't possibly happen! Right?"
"It's more likely than you think. I can only hope you stay by my side when it happens."

Blacksmith at War
Amidst the rising threat of a civil war, one lone Serthis watched this go on. Disguised among the ranks of the Serthis ambassadors between the Beastclans and the Plague flight, talking about a trade route being established to a Harpy clan.

This Serthis should be happy, but something keeps whispering in his ear. The Misfits are violent. They have ulterior motives to their growth, and they're going to take over Sornieth. Unaware it was coming from a pitch black inky substance behind his ear.

And in the dead of night, he set the tavern and the tunnels ablaze.

And he watched as dragons, covered in soot and some even in burns, rushed out.

The literal snake slithered away. He saved the world, or at least that's what the tiny piece of the Shade told him.
Amidst the rising threat of a civil war, one lone Serthis watched this go on. Disguised among the ranks of the Serthis ambassadors between the Beastclans and the Plague flight, talking about a trade route being established to a Harpy clan.

This Serthis should be happy, but something keeps whispering in his ear. The Misfits are violent. They have ulterior motives to their growth, and they're going to take over Sornieth. Unaware it was coming from a pitch black inky substance behind his ear.

And in the dead of night, he set the tavern and the tunnels ablaze.

And he watched as dragons, covered in soot and some even in burns, rushed out.

The literal snake slithered away. He saved the world, or at least that's what the tiny piece of the Shade told him.
[center][b][i]ABSOLUTE PERFECTION[/i] CREATION[/b][/center] It was six months after the fire that destroyed their old clan. The Misfits had persevered, and ironically the fire was the very thing that saved their clan from civil war. Of course, there were still arguments about whether they should go to war against Nature or not, or whether they should continue supporting the blacksmiths' rebellion. After all, even if they were now Arcane, they still had deep roots in Plague. But they still recognized that, no matter what, they needed to stay together, even as dragons left and came. To the delight of all the scientists and mages', the three leaders allowed a tunnel dedicated solely to research, whatever it may be. The potionbrewers and transmuters took full advantage of this, and Alchemist Cookie was no exception. The reality walker Skydancer was in a collaborative effort with the other alchemists in the Misfits. Obsius, Toxicus, Alkahest, Chymes, Particle, Summerbloom, all of them. Alchemist still recalled how uncharacteristically elated the normally cranky Guardian was when she found out she could bring new information on the table, even if it was information from an entirely different world. ...She could hear Wizard Cookie working behind her with Moonlight, Perky, and the Arcane spirit Ascendit. She did her best to ignore the Fae. "Is th' heater calibrated to th' right 'mount o' heat?" Obsius asked. "Yes it is," Alchemist replied, stepping back from the cauldron filled with a boiling bright pink fluid. "You sure this is gonna work?" Alkahest asked her, looking skeptical. "O' course it is, I've been at this longer than ya've been alive," the red Guardian snorted, not exactly liking how the Mirror doubted her. "If this works, this should create a potion that allows for gradual breath regeneration over time," the brown [i]fanderg[/i] Skydancer explained, swishing her tail. "That way, it would no longer be necessary to frequent meditate or scratch foes to gain breath." "W-Woah! Look out!" Perky shouted. "This magic orb is destabilizing, we used too much Arcane magic!" Wizard cried out. Alchemist whirled around. "What did you-" *** Her ears were still ringing. She had fallen back to sleep after being suddenly thrust back to the Cookie Kingdom, since it was still the middle of the night there. The Skydancer picked herself up to her feet, dully realizing she had received burns. She saw Toxicus squirm her way out of from under the unconscious Obsius. "W-What happened...?" the Bogsneak timidly asked. "Wizard messed something up and caused everything to explode," Alchemist growled. She could still feel the high amount of magic lingering with her antennae. "It was me..." Perky murmured. Alchemist turned around, to be met with a surprisingly sight. The cauldron was empty, but there was a Wildclaw and Coatl staring at them, tilting their heads. [img]https://i.imgur.com/POQBAPR.png[/img] "What!? How is this possible?" Alchemist wondered aloud. She looked them over, they were mute but otherwise acted and reacted like normal dragons. "Maybe it was the Arcane energies that brought them to life?" Perky offered. "Whatever this is, I believe we had achieved a breakthrough, it was almost like we created living potions. These are the Misfits' creations, our creations. We must study them more closely." *** Over the next week, Obsius handed the reins of this research to Alchemist. They had created two new pairs of potion dragons by replicating the previous circumstances, creating yellow living potions that give luck and orange living potions that help a dragon resist fire and heat. Apparently, the potion in their bellies are self-replenishing. Even if one drank it all, it would be mysteriously full again the next day. The original pair, which she dubbed the male Ayers and the female Levant, were suddenly missing. They were free to go about the clan, being treated as actual dragons rather than artificial beings, but the fact that Alchemist couldn't find them in their favored locations. "Ayers? Levant?" the Skydancer called out, hearing the worried snuffle of the male luck potion, Barn. "Barn, do you know where they are?" He shook his head, but helped her look. As Alchemist began checking the individual rooms of her clanmates, the artificial Imperial ran up to her, bouncing around. "Did you find them?" He nodded, and he led her...to the nests? And what Alchemist found surprised her. Ayers was guarding over Levant, who had five floating eggs under her care. They can breed? She didn't even guess that they could. She had waited the obligatory six days, and Alchemist had woke up early in the morning to catch the time that the eggs would hatch. And sure enough, one by one, each Arcane egg hatched. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fSlxjHR.png[/img] Some of them, like their parents, were unable to speak but still acted like dragons. But the others were surprisingly capable, as Alchemist found out as the Wildclaw with the Unusual eyes tried to form his first word. Levant nudged them forward, cooing. "...Do you want me to provide them with homes?" Alchemist asked, with an eager nod from the new mother and father. Well...spaces are not infinite, and it will be a challenge to find good homes for them all. But she will try.
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION
CREATION

It was six months after the fire that destroyed their old clan. The Misfits had persevered, and ironically the fire was the very thing that saved their clan from civil war. Of course, there were still arguments about whether they should go to war against Nature or not, or whether they should continue supporting the blacksmiths' rebellion. After all, even if they were now Arcane, they still had deep roots in Plague. But they still recognized that, no matter what, they needed to stay together, even as dragons left and came.

To the delight of all the scientists and mages', the three leaders allowed a tunnel dedicated solely to research, whatever it may be. The potionbrewers and transmuters took full advantage of this, and Alchemist Cookie was no exception.

The reality walker Skydancer was in a collaborative effort with the other alchemists in the Misfits. Obsius, Toxicus, Alkahest, Chymes, Particle, Summerbloom, all of them. Alchemist still recalled how uncharacteristically elated the normally cranky Guardian was when she found out she could bring new information on the table, even if it was information from an entirely different world.

...She could hear Wizard Cookie working behind her with Moonlight, Perky, and the Arcane spirit Ascendit. She did her best to ignore the Fae.

"Is th' heater calibrated to th' right 'mount o' heat?" Obsius asked.
"Yes it is," Alchemist replied, stepping back from the cauldron filled with a boiling bright pink fluid.
"You sure this is gonna work?" Alkahest asked her, looking skeptical.
"O' course it is, I've been at this longer than ya've been alive," the red Guardian snorted, not exactly liking how the Mirror doubted her.
"If this works, this should create a potion that allows for gradual breath regeneration over time," the brown fanderg Skydancer explained, swishing her tail. "That way, it would no longer be necessary to frequent meditate or scratch foes to gain breath."

"W-Woah! Look out!" Perky shouted.
"This magic orb is destabilizing, we used too much Arcane magic!" Wizard cried out.
Alchemist whirled around. "What did you-"

Her ears were still ringing. She had fallen back to sleep after being suddenly thrust back to the Cookie Kingdom, since it was still the middle of the night there.

The Skydancer picked herself up to her feet, dully realizing she had received burns. She saw Toxicus squirm her way out of from under the unconscious Obsius.
"W-What happened...?" the Bogsneak timidly asked.
"Wizard messed something up and caused everything to explode," Alchemist growled. She could still feel the high amount of magic lingering with her antennae.
"It was me..." Perky murmured.

Alchemist turned around, to be met with a surprisingly sight.

The cauldron was empty, but there was a Wildclaw and Coatl staring at them, tilting their heads.
POQBAPR.png
"What!? How is this possible?" Alchemist wondered aloud. She looked them over, they were mute but otherwise acted and reacted like normal dragons.
"Maybe it was the Arcane energies that brought them to life?" Perky offered.
"Whatever this is, I believe we had achieved a breakthrough, it was almost like we created living potions. These are the Misfits' creations, our creations. We must study them more closely."

Over the next week, Obsius handed the reins of this research to Alchemist. They had created two new pairs of potion dragons by replicating the previous circumstances, creating yellow living potions that give luck and orange living potions that help a dragon resist fire and heat. Apparently, the potion in their bellies are self-replenishing. Even if one drank it all, it would be mysteriously full again the next day.

The original pair, which she dubbed the male Ayers and the female Levant, were suddenly missing. They were free to go about the clan, being treated as actual dragons rather than artificial beings, but the fact that Alchemist couldn't find them in their favored locations.
"Ayers? Levant?" the Skydancer called out, hearing the worried snuffle of the male luck potion, Barn.
"Barn, do you know where they are?"
He shook his head, but helped her look. As Alchemist began checking the individual rooms of her clanmates, the artificial Imperial ran up to her, bouncing around.
"Did you find them?"
He nodded, and he led her...to the nests?

And what Alchemist found surprised her. Ayers was guarding over Levant, who had five floating eggs under her care. They can breed? She didn't even guess that they could.

She had waited the obligatory six days, and Alchemist had woke up early in the morning to catch the time that the eggs would hatch. And sure enough, one by one, each Arcane egg hatched.
fSlxjHR.png
Some of them, like their parents, were unable to speak but still acted like dragons. But the others were surprisingly capable, as Alchemist found out as the Wildclaw with the Unusual eyes tried to form his first word.

Levant nudged them forward, cooing.
"...Do you want me to provide them with homes?" Alchemist asked, with an eager nod from the new mother and father.

Well...spaces are not infinite, and it will be a challenge to find good homes for them all. But she will try.
(at this point there's no point to the absolute perfection title because that arc's been long since yeeted) Cakepop tugged along Chikki in Dragonhome. "Come, come! Look at what I found!" The Nocturne giggled at the Earth elemental's excitement. "You're super excited, huh? Whatcha find?" "This!" The Cakepop floated around a good-sized draconic statue, its gold surface glinting in the sun. "Wow, so pretty...where did it come from?" "I don't know, but I can feel Earthshaker's touch on it! I found it on the way to bringing supplies to the Dustcarve Dig," the Tundra-shaped spirit of Earth chirped. "Do you want it?" Chikki shook her head. "Nuh-uh. I travel a lot, and it looks really heavy...why not give it to the Misfits? They could use it as decoration." "Good idea!" -------------------------- What a weird discovery... Obsius had to do some of the heavy lifting, she might be getting a bit old, but she still had more than enough strength in her bones and muscle. Normally she would complain a lot more about it, but she found herself getting curious about it. They were in the Songsmiths' wing, with Conci currently appraising the statue. She had put aside her efforts of making canisters for lantern oil and hooks for ropes to send the supplies to the expedition in Dragonhome. "It's solid gold alright," the Pearlcatcher finally said after enough testing. "It has a heavy amount of Earth magic surrounding it too. It really does feel like it's been handshaped by the Earthshaker himself." "Hmm, n' I reckon we should let Velya know?" "It might be of interest to her once the expedition is over, yeah," Conci nodded, looking at the statue again, and lurched back. Did it just...blink? "What th' hell? It ain't playin' tricks on me, is it?" Obsius said, startled. The statue began to shake, as coral-colored runes appeared on it. The gold, in a burst of Earth energy, melted into equally gold-colored scales and fur. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70116035][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701161/70116035_350.png[/img][/url] "Helloooo world! Uh, this doesn't feel like Dragonhome, are you my siblings? I remember being told to protect them," the newly-alive dragon asked. "No, this is not Dragonhome. You're in the Starfall Isles, bordering the Scarred Wasteland. Who are you?" Conci asked in turn. "I'm Opus! You're still my family, so I'll still protect you! Who's the other Obelisk? I never sensed her..." "The...other Obelisk?" Conci turned to look at Obsius. Her form shifted into a new one, matching Opus. "Well, Obsius, you certainly have a new look." The former Guardian looked down at her paw, and then her fluffy chest. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33679877][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/336799/33679877_350.png[/img][/url] "[i]What.[/i]"
(at this point there's no point to the absolute perfection title because that arc's been long since yeeted)

Cakepop tugged along Chikki in Dragonhome. "Come, come! Look at what I found!"
The Nocturne giggled at the Earth elemental's excitement. "You're super excited, huh? Whatcha find?"
"This!"

The Cakepop floated around a good-sized draconic statue, its gold surface glinting in the sun.
"Wow, so pretty...where did it come from?"
"I don't know, but I can feel Earthshaker's touch on it! I found it on the way to bringing supplies to the Dustcarve Dig," the Tundra-shaped spirit of Earth chirped. "Do you want it?"
Chikki shook her head. "Nuh-uh. I travel a lot, and it looks really heavy...why not give it to the Misfits? They could use it as decoration."
"Good idea!"

What a weird discovery...

Obsius had to do some of the heavy lifting, she might be getting a bit old, but she still had more than enough strength in her bones and muscle. Normally she would complain a lot more about it, but she found herself getting curious about it.

They were in the Songsmiths' wing, with Conci currently appraising the statue. She had put aside her efforts of making canisters for lantern oil and hooks for ropes to send the supplies to the expedition in Dragonhome.
"It's solid gold alright," the Pearlcatcher finally said after enough testing. "It has a heavy amount of Earth magic surrounding it too. It really does feel like it's been handshaped by the Earthshaker himself."
"Hmm, n' I reckon we should let Velya know?"
"It might be of interest to her once the expedition is over, yeah," Conci nodded, looking at the statue again, and lurched back. Did it just...blink?
"What th' hell? It ain't playin' tricks on me, is it?" Obsius said, startled.

The statue began to shake, as coral-colored runes appeared on it. The gold, in a burst of Earth energy, melted into equally gold-colored scales and fur.
70116035_350.png
"Helloooo world! Uh, this doesn't feel like Dragonhome, are you my siblings? I remember being told to protect them," the newly-alive dragon asked.
"No, this is not Dragonhome. You're in the Starfall Isles, bordering the Scarred Wasteland. Who are you?" Conci asked in turn.
"I'm Opus! You're still my family, so I'll still protect you! Who's the other Obelisk? I never sensed her..."
"The...other Obelisk?"
Conci turned to look at Obsius. Her form shifted into a new one, matching Opus.
"Well, Obsius, you certainly have a new look."

The former Guardian looked down at her paw, and then her fluffy chest.
33679877_350.png
"What."
The months had gone by, but it felt like years. Aberrations came into their clan, praising the Misfits for sticking to their beliefs and faith in their mother, even if they began following the Arcanist as well.

The Misfits were thriving, acting as a major trading point and travelers' respite in their part of the Starfall Isles. Unfortunately, the civil war in the Ashfall Wastes and the rampage of Luminax hasn't let up. Although at least the influx of Light refugees finally grinded into a halt as they began to find homes in safer places. By now, the Emperor should have moved on, but it seemed content to go about its business in the Sunbeam Ruins's heartland.

Oceanum gradually got her ability to read fish back. She pitied the oracles who still can't offer their readings, but that led an additional point of interest for dragons to come, seeking a reading. It was still vague, but it took multiple tries, the Spiral even needed to resort to tarot cards sometimes. But the prophecies through her fish became steadily clearer by the day.

One day, curled around a wooden pole decorated in blue glowing runes, she idly watched her fish in an attempt to find another scry. Wait. There's something, clearer than ever before.

Tidelord.

Oceanum didn't know what this meant, perhaps it was a fluke, perhaps it was a dream, or accurate. But whatever it is, it renewed her faith that one day, everyone will know what happened to the Tidelord.
The months had gone by, but it felt like years. Aberrations came into their clan, praising the Misfits for sticking to their beliefs and faith in their mother, even if they began following the Arcanist as well.

The Misfits were thriving, acting as a major trading point and travelers' respite in their part of the Starfall Isles. Unfortunately, the civil war in the Ashfall Wastes and the rampage of Luminax hasn't let up. Although at least the influx of Light refugees finally grinded into a halt as they began to find homes in safer places. By now, the Emperor should have moved on, but it seemed content to go about its business in the Sunbeam Ruins's heartland.

Oceanum gradually got her ability to read fish back. She pitied the oracles who still can't offer their readings, but that led an additional point of interest for dragons to come, seeking a reading. It was still vague, but it took multiple tries, the Spiral even needed to resort to tarot cards sometimes. But the prophecies through her fish became steadily clearer by the day.

One day, curled around a wooden pole decorated in blue glowing runes, she idly watched her fish in an attempt to find another scry. Wait. There's something, clearer than ever before.

Tidelord.

Oceanum didn't know what this meant, perhaps it was a fluke, perhaps it was a dream, or accurate. But whatever it is, it renewed her faith that one day, everyone will know what happened to the Tidelord.
1 2 3 4