Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Opinions and Advice?
So I'm planning on opening a hatchery sometime (when I finally gain enough treasure to expand my lair a few more times), and I was making some breeding cards. I was wondering if anyone could give me some opinions and/or advice on them. I'm mostly concerned about the background, whether the pair would be popular and whether the pair names/prices are suitable (too high or too low?). [img]http://i.imgur.com/xHURYyH.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/93go76d.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/fVHsRsy.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/SSVJ8ik.png[/img] What do you think? [s]And thanks for actually reading this far Also I'm not sure if this is on the right board whoops[/s]
So I'm planning on opening a hatchery sometime (when I finally gain enough treasure to expand my lair a few more times), and I was making some breeding cards. I was wondering if anyone could give me some opinions and/or advice on them. I'm mostly concerned about the background, whether the pair would be popular and whether the pair names/prices are suitable (too high or too low?).
xHURYyH.png
93go76d.png
fVHsRsy.png
SSVJ8ik.png
What do you think?
And thanks for actually reading this far
Also I'm not sure if this is on the right board whoops
gliGNxy.png
@Wolfsbaneavis I like the backgrounds, and the names seem fine. The last pair is my favorite, since I prefer tight ranges. I'm not sure how other people feel about them, but huge ranges are just too big of a chance for me.
@Wolfsbaneavis I like the backgrounds, and the names seem fine. The last pair is my favorite, since I prefer tight ranges. I'm not sure how other people feel about them, but huge ranges are just too big of a chance for me.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Zygon
Okay thanks^^
@Zygon
Okay thanks^^
gliGNxy.png
the backgrounds are good! however i feel you run into a few problems with legible text- particularly the pink text you used for the genes on pink background. it's not incredibly bad but looking at it for a while hurts my eyes. Your names are just fine ^^

Popularity-wise, i think I would be most interested in the last two. clown/current/smoke isnt my favorite combination & deaths fortune is just outside my lair aesthetic.
the backgrounds are good! however i feel you run into a few problems with legible text- particularly the pink text you used for the genes on pink background. it's not incredibly bad but looking at it for a while hurts my eyes. Your names are just fine ^^

Popularity-wise, i think I would be most interested in the last two. clown/current/smoke isnt my favorite combination & deaths fortune is just outside my lair aesthetic.
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
I agree with Zif. The text is hard to read. One surefire way to make text legible is to use outlines. If you're using GIMP as a photo editor, select the text layer and tell the program to do "alpha to selection." From there, create a NEW LAYER (you don't want to know how many times I've messed something up by accidentally doing this over the text layer!) and right click. Go to Selection -> Grow selection, and tell it to expand by anywhere between 2-10 pixels. Fill this layer with a different color, then make the text a contrasting color.

I hope this helps! Good luck! ♥
I agree with Zif. The text is hard to read. One surefire way to make text legible is to use outlines. If you're using GIMP as a photo editor, select the text layer and tell the program to do "alpha to selection." From there, create a NEW LAYER (you don't want to know how many times I've messed something up by accidentally doing this over the text layer!) and right click. Go to Selection -> Grow selection, and tell it to expand by anywhere between 2-10 pixels. Fill this layer with a different color, then make the text a contrasting color.

I hope this helps! Good luck! ♥
Artist, Art Historian, and Professional Nerd
I sell art!
DeviantArt | Blog | Ko-Fi