Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | From Ember Into Flame [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Journey Chronicles - Scene 11[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 42 (May 15, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 23, 2017 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=vulture idol] [/center] Belladonna's plan to [i]sneak[/i] things out of Ember's market stall didn’t last very long. Her clan had slept in later than usual, and by the time she and Kamien got to the stall, there were already prospective customers waiting for the smithy to open for the day. Belladonna had to introduce herself to those who didn't know her, and explain that Ember had passed away the previous evening, and that she was there to collect her belongings. She was surprised by the spontaneous outpouring of sympathy and support she got from the customers; Ember must have been popular with the locals, as well as good at her craft. Some of the customers who had come early bought the last few pieces that Ember had made, and others even helped Belladonna and Kamien pack up the stall. While they were packing, Linnaeus, the healing-supply merchant, glided over to the stall to help them out and offer sympathy; already, the news about Ember was traveling around the marketplace. Belladonna was glad to see him; he was the only one there besides Kamien whom she trusted to help carry items back to her lair. By midday, and with Linnaeus's help, Belladonna and Kamien had finished moving everything they wanted to keep back home, including the portable forge. They returned to the marketplace to get some lunch, say goodbye to the scroll-seller, and toss some of the broken odds and ends they had found into an alchemical cauldron. The scroll-seller, a Nocturne named Spectra, had already heard the news and reached out to offer Belladonna a hug as soon as she saw her coming. She hesitated for a moment, then accepted. "I'm so sorry you lost your clanmate," she said. "She was an asset to the marketplace, and we'll all miss her." "Thanks," said Belladonna. "When will you be moving on?" "We're not sure yet. Maybe tomorrow." "Well, I'll tell you what. You've been one of my best customers lately, and I like you, so if you or anyone in your clan cares for another gene scroll, you can have it for half price. Just come by anytime today or tomorrow." "Really? Thank you! I don’t particularly want another one, but someone else might. I'll ask my clanmates when I see them tonight."
Journey Chronicles - Scene 11
Fulfills task for: Day 42 (May 15, 2017)
Task completed on: June 23, 2017
Item of the Day:

Vulture Idol

Belladonna's plan to sneak things out of Ember's market stall didn’t last very long. Her clan had slept in later than usual, and by the time she and Kamien got to the stall, there were already prospective customers waiting for the smithy to open for the day. Belladonna had to introduce herself to those who didn't know her, and explain that Ember had passed away the previous evening, and that she was there to collect her belongings. She was surprised by the spontaneous outpouring of sympathy and support she got from the customers; Ember must have been popular with the locals, as well as good at her craft. Some of the customers who had come early bought the last few pieces that Ember had made, and others even helped Belladonna and Kamien pack up the stall. While they were packing, Linnaeus, the healing-supply merchant, glided over to the stall to help them out and offer sympathy; already, the news about Ember was traveling around the marketplace. Belladonna was glad to see him; he was the only one there besides Kamien whom she trusted to help carry items back to her lair.

By midday, and with Linnaeus's help, Belladonna and Kamien had finished moving everything they wanted to keep back home, including the portable forge. They returned to the marketplace to get some lunch, say goodbye to the scroll-seller, and toss some of the broken odds and ends they had found into an alchemical cauldron.

The scroll-seller, a Nocturne named Spectra, had already heard the news and reached out to offer Belladonna a hug as soon as she saw her coming. She hesitated for a moment, then accepted.

"I'm so sorry you lost your clanmate," she said. "She was an asset to the marketplace, and we'll all miss her."

"Thanks," said Belladonna.

"When will you be moving on?"

"We're not sure yet. Maybe tomorrow."

"Well, I'll tell you what. You've been one of my best customers lately, and I like you, so if you or anyone in your clan cares for another gene scroll, you can have it for half price. Just come by anytime today or tomorrow."

"Really? Thank you! I don’t particularly want another one, but someone else might. I'll ask my clanmates when I see them tonight."
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Journey Chronicles - Scene 12[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 45 (May 18, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 25, 2017 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=fancy silver-plated buckle] [/center] Belladonna and Kamien spent the rest of the afternoon with the marketplace's other alchemists, replenishing their supplies of reagents and brewing Soylents for their upcoming journey. When they had five of each type of Soylent, they began the walk back to their lair. They were shocked to see that two enormous, hulking draconic forms were crouched in front of their home. An attack? They weren't moving - maybe they had Felicity and Starbloom trapped inside? The fin on Belladonna's head stood straight up, and she crept closer. "Who goes there?" she shouted, when she and Kamien had snuck within earshot. "Friend!" one of the giants called out, turning to reveal a Guardian head. "We mean you no harm." Belladonna realized that she'd seen this dragon before. "Aren’t you the one who helped carry Ember home last night?" "Yes, I am," said the Guardian. "My name's Alric. My grandfather and I brought dinner for your clan. Come on over and join us." Cautiously, Belladonna made her way closer to the lair's entrance, Kamien following her. Felicity and Starbloom, far from being trapped, were sitting comfortably just outside the lair's entrance, facing Alric and his grandfather, who was an Imperial. Within the rough oval formed by the four dragons lay a wide variety of foods of every kind. "You’re back!" Felicity said. "Come, sit down. We just started dinner." Belladonna and Kamien sat alongside their clanmates. "It's good to meet you properly," Belladonna said. "I'm Belladonna, and this is Kamien. Thank you again for what you did for us last night. I don't think we could have done it without you." "No problem," said Alric. "It's nothing I haven't done before. I know how it feels. I've carried a couple of clanmates out of there myself. I can't imagine having to abandon them there." "I know what it is to lose someone, too," added the Imperial. "The last thing you want to do afterward is hunt, or gather, or cook. That's why I made you this dinner." "It's delicious," Felicity said. "Thank you so much." Belladonna tried one of the barbecued micro-deer legs. "It is!" she said. "Thank you, sir." "Just call me Old Wispwhiskers. Everyone does." Belladonna nearly choked on her dinner. Coughing, she regained her composure and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you. The alchemists and other merchants in town speak very highly of you." "Ah, you must be the clan alchemist. A noble pursuit." "I am. Thank you." "Is it true your people can tell what color of reagent you're going to get just by the feeling you get in your fins?" Belladonna had never heard that one before. "If it were, alchemy would be a lot less tedious," she said. "Remember how excited you were for your very first Night of the Nocturne?" Starbloom said. "You begged Morrigan to let you stay up all night with her so you could help her start brewing at midnight, but you fell asleep in the lab and woke up with green clawtips." "Yeah," Belladonna laughed, "and I couldn't have asked for a better present!" The group went on talking about the good times they'd shared with their respective clans, keeping the conversation light. When all six of them had eaten their fill, Alric and Old Wispwhiskers helped the members of Clan Ashfeather pack up some of the leftovers for travel, then took their leave. After their visitors had flown away, Belladonna said to Felicity, "Well, that just happened. How did you... You didn’t tell him about...?" "No, I didn’t tell him about my mother," Felicity said. "Or my grandmother, either. He was actually really nice to talk to, as well as being so generous. I was as surprised as you were, at first." "We misjudged him," Belladonna said. "Dumb, stereotypical questions aside, we had no reason to be as afraid of him as we were. He's done a wonderful thing for all of us."
Journey Chronicles - Scene 12
Fulfills task for: Day 45 (May 18, 2017)
Task completed on: June 25, 2017
Item of the Day:

Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle

Belladonna and Kamien spent the rest of the afternoon with the marketplace's other alchemists, replenishing their supplies of reagents and brewing Soylents for their upcoming journey. When they had five of each type of Soylent, they began the walk back to their lair.

They were shocked to see that two enormous, hulking draconic forms were crouched in front of their home. An attack? They weren't moving - maybe they had Felicity and Starbloom trapped inside? The fin on Belladonna's head stood straight up, and she crept closer.

"Who goes there?" she shouted, when she and Kamien had snuck within earshot.

"Friend!" one of the giants called out, turning to reveal a Guardian head. "We mean you no harm."

Belladonna realized that she'd seen this dragon before. "Aren’t you the one who helped carry Ember home last night?"

"Yes, I am," said the Guardian. "My name's Alric. My grandfather and I brought dinner for your clan. Come on over and join us."

Cautiously, Belladonna made her way closer to the lair's entrance, Kamien following her. Felicity and Starbloom, far from being trapped, were sitting comfortably just outside the lair's entrance, facing Alric and his grandfather, who was an Imperial. Within the rough oval formed by the four dragons lay a wide variety of foods of every kind.

"You’re back!" Felicity said. "Come, sit down. We just started dinner."

Belladonna and Kamien sat alongside their clanmates. "It's good to meet you properly," Belladonna said. "I'm Belladonna, and this is Kamien. Thank you again for what you did for us last night. I don't think we could have done it without you."

"No problem," said Alric. "It's nothing I haven't done before. I know how it feels. I've carried a couple of clanmates out of there myself. I can't imagine having to abandon them there."

"I know what it is to lose someone, too," added the Imperial. "The last thing you want to do afterward is hunt, or gather, or cook. That's why I made you this dinner."

"It's delicious," Felicity said. "Thank you so much."

Belladonna tried one of the barbecued micro-deer legs. "It is!" she said. "Thank you, sir."

"Just call me Old Wispwhiskers. Everyone does."

Belladonna nearly choked on her dinner. Coughing, she regained her composure and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you. The alchemists and other merchants in town speak very highly of you."

"Ah, you must be the clan alchemist. A noble pursuit."

"I am. Thank you."

"Is it true your people can tell what color of reagent you're going to get just by the feeling you get in your fins?"

Belladonna had never heard that one before. "If it were, alchemy would be a lot less tedious," she said.

"Remember how excited you were for your very first Night of the Nocturne?" Starbloom said. "You begged Morrigan to let you stay up all night with her so you could help her start brewing at midnight, but you fell asleep in the lab and woke up with green clawtips."

"Yeah," Belladonna laughed, "and I couldn't have asked for a better present!"

The group went on talking about the good times they'd shared with their respective clans, keeping the conversation light. When all six of them had eaten their fill, Alric and Old Wispwhiskers helped the members of Clan Ashfeather pack up some of the leftovers for travel, then took their leave.

After their visitors had flown away, Belladonna said to Felicity, "Well, that just happened. How did you... You didn’t tell him about...?"

"No, I didn’t tell him about my mother," Felicity said. "Or my grandmother, either. He was actually really nice to talk to, as well as being so generous. I was as surprised as you were, at first."

"We misjudged him," Belladonna said. "Dumb, stereotypical questions aside, we had no reason to be as afraid of him as we were. He's done a wonderful thing for all of us."
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Journey Chronicles - Scene 13[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 47 (May 20, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 25, 2017 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=mirage puffer spines] [/center] The next morning, Clan Ashfeather had one more stop to make in the marketplace before they set out on the road. Belladonna had told the rest of the clan about Spectra's offer, and Starbloom had said she was interested. Spectra was happy to see the four of them coming. "Good morning!" Spectra said. "Hi, Belladonna." "Hi, Spectra. Thanks again for offering us a discount." "You’re very welcome. Who's the lucky one today?" "I am," said Starbloom. "Okay. Pick any treasure gene you like." "I would like a Jupiter scroll, please." Starbloom and Felicity paid Spectra for the scroll. "That'll make the load I have to carry a lot lighter," Felicity said with relief. Accepting the scroll from Spectra's claws, Starbloom said, "Thank you, ma'am." Then, to her friends, "I have chosen this scroll in honor of our friend, Ember. By taking on the pattern of markings that most resembles flames, I hope to symbolize our clan’s commitment to keeping her spirit of passion for life alive." "That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard," said Spectra. "Enjoy!" "Thank you." Starbloom began reading the words on the scroll, making the white light motes appear around her. When she was finished and the spell was complete, she looked like a tiny, warmly-glowing torch.
Journey Chronicles - Scene 13
Fulfills task for: Day 47 (May 20, 2017)
Task completed on: June 25, 2017
Item of the Day:

Mirage Puffer Spines

The next morning, Clan Ashfeather had one more stop to make in the marketplace before they set out on the road. Belladonna had told the rest of the clan about Spectra's offer, and Starbloom had said she was interested. Spectra was happy to see the four of them coming.

"Good morning!" Spectra said. "Hi, Belladonna."

"Hi, Spectra. Thanks again for offering us a discount."

"You’re very welcome. Who's the lucky one today?"

"I am," said Starbloom.

"Okay. Pick any treasure gene you like."

"I would like a Jupiter scroll, please."

Starbloom and Felicity paid Spectra for the scroll. "That'll make the load I have to carry a lot lighter," Felicity said with relief.

Accepting the scroll from Spectra's claws, Starbloom said, "Thank you, ma'am." Then, to her friends, "I have chosen this scroll in honor of our friend, Ember. By taking on the pattern of markings that most resembles flames, I hope to symbolize our clan’s commitment to keeping her spirit of passion for life alive."

"That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard," said Spectra. "Enjoy!"

"Thank you." Starbloom began reading the words on the scroll, making the white light motes appear around her. When she was finished and the spell was complete, she looked like a tiny, warmly-glowing torch.
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Event Post #2[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 25 (April 28, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Option Chosen: +1 Gene Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=chestnut feathered wings] [/center] This is how Starbloom looks with Jupiter! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27214120] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/272142/27214120_350.png[/img] [/url]
Event Post #2

Fulfills task for: Day 25 (April 28, 2017)
Option Chosen: +1 Gene
Item of the Day:

Chestnut Feathered Wings

This is how Starbloom looks with Jupiter!

27214120_350.png
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #4[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 14 (April 17, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 40 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=sublime peacock] [/center] Starbloom leveled up to Level 6 during this round. [b]Loot[/b] [item=Harvestman] x8 [item=Red Maple Leaf] x6 [item=maple leaf] x6 [item=wildwood moss] x5 [item=wildwood owlet] x5 [item=sakura owlet] x4 [item=sakura moss] x4 [item=daddy longlegs] x4 [item=strangling vine] x4 [item=strangler seeds] x4 [item=strangling root] x3 [item=venus flytrap] x2 [item=flycatcher] x2 [item=bamboo leaves] x2 [item=blooming vine] x2 [item=micro deer] x2 [item=river wiggler] x2 [item=Dwarf Fawn] x2 [item=sakura owl] x1 [item=coral grouse] x1 [item=gust slash] x1 [item=phytocat toy] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=frigid bolt] x1 [item=highland dryleaf] x1 [item=dust slither] x1 [item=blooming pods] x1 [item=leafy Pack] x1 [item=false leaf] x1 [item=herdbeast hoof] x1 [item=Rotting Leather] x1 [item=Clown Charger Fin] x1 [item=Vampire Eel] x1 [item=game fowl] x1 [item=Forestpath Rooster] x1 [item=Decorative Feather Fan] x1 [item=Basilisk Feather Fan] x1
Coliseum Battle Post #4

Fulfills task for: Day 14 (April 17, 2017)
Battles Completed: 40
Item of the Day:

Sublime Peacock

Starbloom leveled up to Level 6 during this round.

Loot

Harvestman x8 Red Maple Leaf x6 Maple Leaf x6 Wildwood Moss x5
Wildwood Owlet x5 Sakura Owlet x4 Sakura Moss x4 Daddy Longlegs x4
Strangling Vine x4 Strangler Seeds x4 Strangling Root x3 Venus Flytrap x2
Flycatcher x2 Bamboo Leaves x2 Blooming Vine x2 Micro Deer x2
River Wiggler x2 Dwarf Fawn x2 Sakura Owl x1 Coral Grouse x1
Gust Slash x1 Phytocat Toy x1 Hardy Antler x1 Frigid Bolt x1
Highland Dryleaf x1 Dust Slither x1 Blooming Pods x1 Leafy Pack x1
False Leaf x1 Herdbeast Hoof x1 Rotting Leather x1 Clown Charger Fin x1
Vampire Eel x1 Game Fowl x1 Forestpath Rooster x1 Decorative Feather Fan x1
Basilisk Feather Fan x1
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #5[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 15 (April 18, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 20 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=grey river jumper] [/center] Starbloom and Belladonna both leveled up to Level 7 during this round. [b]Loot[/b] [item=Bamboo Leaves] x3 [item=Phytocat Toy] x3 [item=Janustrap Root] x3 [item=Flycatcher] x3 [item=blooming pods] x3 [item=blooming vine] x2 [item=River Wiggler] x2 [item=Bluefin Charger Fin] x2 [item=Wildwood Moss] x2 [item=Wildwood Owlet] x2 [item=Songbird Mimic] x2 [item=False Leaf] x1 [item=Maple Leaf] x1 [item=Venus Flytrap] x1 [item=Vampire Eel] x1 [item=Harvestman] x1 [item=grouse] x1 [item=haste] x1 [item=sakura Owlet] x1 [item=sakura Moss] x1 [item=strangler Seeds] x1 [item=Zebra Cricket] x1 (Yes, this does mean I entered the Scorched Forest for a bit. Yes, this will come into the story. Not anytime soon, but eventually.)
Coliseum Battle Post #5

Fulfills task for: Day 15 (April 18, 2017)
Battles Completed: 20
Item of the Day:

Grey River Jumper

Starbloom and Belladonna both leveled up to Level 7 during this round.

Loot

Bamboo Leaves x3 Phytocat Toy x3 Janustrap Root x3 Flycatcher x3
Blooming Pods x3 Blooming Vine x2 River Wiggler x2 Bluefin Charger Fin x2
Wildwood Moss x2 Wildwood Owlet x2 Songbird Mimic x2 False Leaf x1
Maple Leaf x1 Venus Flytrap x1 Vampire Eel x1 Harvestman x1
Grouse x1 Haste x1 Sakura Owlet x1 Sakura Moss x1
Strangler Seeds x1 Zebra Cricket x1

(Yes, this does mean I entered the Scorched Forest for a bit. Yes, this will come into the story. Not anytime soon, but eventually.)
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #6[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 16 (April 19, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 30 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=pygmy wrasse] [/center] [b]OOC Notes:[/b] I made a stupid mistake in my record-keeping for this round of battles and accidentally copy-pasted the same sequence of 6 battles from one document to another twice. I caught it while I was preparing this post, and decided to fix my mistake by going back and doing 6 extra battles today. Felicity leveled up to Level 8 at some point during all that. [b]Loot[/b] [item=dwarf fawn] x9 [item=fragile antler] x8 [item=Giant Desert Centipede] x6 [item=Bonepriest Venom] x6 [item=Zebra Cricket] x5 [item=rotting leather] x5 [item=White-Masked Dustbug] x4 [item=strangling vine] x3 [item=Red-Winged Dewbug] x2 [item=Songbird Mimic] x2 [item=Decorative Centaur Quiver] x2 [item=Jar of Vapors] x2 [item=Wisp Fruit] x2 [item=red maple leaf] x2 [item=vampire eel] x2 [item=Clown Charger Fin] x2 [item=Zephyr Acuity Fragment] x1 [item=Acuity Fragment] x1 [item=Owlcat Journal] x1 [item=Pineapple Shiners] x1 [item=Moss-Covered Rubble] x1 [item=Tiny Feathers] x1 [item=Centaur Ration Pouch] x1 [item=Expertly-Crafted Spear] x1 [item=Thick Meat Strips] x1 [item=strangler] x1 [item=bamboo leaves] x1 [item=daddy longlegs] x1 [item=pincushion urchin] x1 [item=maple leaf] x1 [item=harvestman] x1 [item=phytocat toy] x1 [item=Herdbeast Hoof] x1
Coliseum Battle Post #6

Fulfills task for: Day 16 (April 19, 2017)
Battles Completed: 30
Item of the Day:

Pygmy Wrasse

OOC Notes: I made a stupid mistake in my record-keeping for this round of battles and accidentally copy-pasted the same sequence of 6 battles from one document to another twice. I caught it while I was preparing this post, and decided to fix my mistake by going back and doing 6 extra battles today. Felicity leveled up to Level 8 at some point during all that.

Loot

Dwarf Fawn x9 Fragile Antler x8 Giant Desert Centipede x6 Bonepriest Venom x6
Zebra Cricket x5 Rotting Leather x5 White-Masked Dustbug x4 Strangling Vine x3
Red-Winged Dewbug x2 Songbird Mimic x2 Decorative Centaur Quiver x2 Jar of Vapors x2
Wisp Fruit x2 Red Maple Leaf x2 Vampire Eel x2 Clown Charger Fin x2
Zephyr Acuity Fragment x1 Acuity Fragment x1 Owlcat Journal x1 Pineapple Shiners x1
Moss-Covered Rubble x1 Tiny Feathers x1 Centaur Ration Pouch x1 Expertly-Crafted Spear x1
Thick Meat Strips x1 Strangler x1 Bamboo Leaves x1 Daddy Longlegs x1
Pincushion Urchin x1 Maple Leaf x1 Harvestman x1 Phytocat Toy x1
Herdbeast Hoof x1
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #7[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 19 (April 22, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 41 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=tolbunt rooster] [/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=bamboo leaves] x7 [item=grouse] x6 [item=blooming vine] x4 [item=wildwood moss] x4 [item=maple leaf] x3 [item=phytocat toy] x3 [item=micro deer] x3 [item=sakura moss] x3 [item=wildwood owlet] x3 [item=coral basilisk field notes] x3 [item=grouse basilisk field notes] x2 [item=strangling vine] x2 [item=river wiggler] x2 [item=sakura owlet] x2 [item=blooming pods] x2 [item=red maple leaf] x2 [item=harvestman] x2 [item=strangling root] x2 [item=coral grouse] x2 [item=flycatcher] x2 [item=strangler seeds] x1 [item=leafy pack] x1 [item=bamboo shoot] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=game fowl] x1 [item=daddy longlegs] x1 [item=highland dryleaf] x1 [item=venus flytrap] x1 [item=bluefin charger fin] x1 [item=basilisk feather fan] x1 [item=janustrap root] x1 [item=game fowl] x1 [item=sand] x1 [item=false leaf] x1
Coliseum Battle Post #7

Fulfills task for: Day 19 (April 22, 2017)
Battles Completed: 41
Item of the Day:

Tolbunt Rooster

Loot

Bamboo Leaves x7 Grouse x6 Blooming Vine x4 Wildwood Moss x4
Maple Leaf x3 Phytocat Toy x3 Micro Deer x3 Sakura Moss x3
Wildwood Owlet x3 Coral Basilisk Field Notes x3 Grouse Basilisk Field Notes x2 Strangling Vine x2
River Wiggler x2 Sakura Owlet x2 Blooming Pods x2 Red Maple Leaf x2
Harvestman x2 Strangling Root x2 Coral Grouse x2 Flycatcher x2
Strangler Seeds x1 Leafy Pack x1 Bamboo Shoot x1 Hardy Antler x1
Game Fowl x1 Daddy Longlegs x1 Highland Dryleaf x1 Venus Flytrap x1
Bluefin Charger Fin x1 Basilisk Feather Fan x1 Janustrap Root x1 Game Fowl x1
Sand x1 False Leaf x1
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Art Post #4[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 66 (June 8, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: July 17, 2017 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=travel gear of the wanderer] [/center] The fourth drawing I did for this Pinkerlocke was of Kamien grieving for Ember. I was going to draw him and the rest of the clan around Ember's funeral pyre, but I changed my mind because that was my first attempt at drawing folded wings, and it didn't go very well. This part of the drawing was salvageable, though. On the bright side, I did some research and learned how to use the area select and gradient (or 'blend') tools in GIMP! This means I can use gradients in future drawings whenever the official art uses them. :) [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2ebba9a08fc24886db43d1b7d485316f/tumblr_otp7t7n2kS1sp47bko2_500.jpg[/img]
Art Post #4

Fulfills task for: Day 66 (June 8, 2017)
Task completed on: July 17, 2017
Item of the Day:

Travel Gear of the Wanderer

The fourth drawing I did for this Pinkerlocke was of Kamien grieving for Ember. I was going to draw him and the rest of the clan around Ember's funeral pyre, but I changed my mind because that was my first attempt at drawing folded wings, and it didn't go very well. This part of the drawing was salvageable, though.

On the bright side, I did some research and learned how to use the area select and gradient (or 'blend') tools in GIMP! This means I can use gradients in future drawings whenever the official art uses them. :)

tumblr_otp7t7n2kS1sp47bko2_500.jpg

[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Art Post #5[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 72 (June 14, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: January 21, 2018 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=historical text] [/center] For my fifth drawing of this challenge, I drew Belladonna, Clan Ashfeather’s resident alchemist, plying her trade. (Bogsneaks have such short limbs, she needs a crate to stand on just to reach the cauldron. :-D) I used what I learned in my previous piece about using the blend (gradient) tool in GIMP. It took me forever to get this done because other priorities took precedence over dragon art, and because Petals is a time-consuming gene to color. :P [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/275627f6478230f84fd810295a298920/tumblr_p2xes6q06E1sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img]
Art Post #5

Fulfills task for: Day 72 (June 14, 2017)
Task completed on: January 21, 2018
Item of the Day:

Historical Text

For my fifth drawing of this challenge, I drew Belladonna, Clan Ashfeather’s resident alchemist, plying her trade. (Bogsneaks have such short limbs, she needs a crate to stand on just to reach the cauldron. :-D)

I used what I learned in my previous piece about using the blend (gradient) tool in GIMP. It took me forever to get this done because other priorities took precedence over dragon art, and because Petals is a time-consuming gene to color. :P

tumblr_p2xes6q06E1sp47bko1_1280.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15